Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

227 - You Only Live Twice - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:46 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

"You only Live twice" Mafia.

Welcome all you crazy cats to another edition of Strykker's "what the hell are you thinking" Mafia.

Are we ready? Good.

The players are.

d_rouge

?Charlie?
?Namelessone?

Dead:

?esme? - esme-->Cop
Mr Stoofer - ?Allstar?-->Vigilante
Seol - ?Rainbow Brite?-->Role Copier
SapphireVerde - ?Internet Strenger?--->Doctor
GreenLiquid - ?Purple Liquid? ---> Mafia Godfather
Dranko20 - ?Clear Liquid? --->Misdirector
BrianMcQueso - ?Impossible? --->Roleblocker
Commodore Amazing - ?YouYou? ---> Mason
mepmuff - ????---> Mafia Cop
Quailman - ?Colinus? ---> Mason
Flying Dutchman
--------------------------------------------
Basically it goes like this. Everyone who is in the game needs to make a second account. In the confirm stage of this game, I.E. NOW! You will all send me the name of the second account you have created.

Each secondary account must be easy to identify, so it should begin and end with a question mark. For example, let's say Quailman creates a secondary account by which he names Quailwoman. His PM will look like this:
Quailman Theoretically could have wrote:/Confirm. My secondary account is named ?Quailwoman?
Each day there will be two lynches, they can both be from the same group if you guys wish. They will still require the majority of votes.
Each account recieves one vote. Namingly, each player counts as two people. Once one person is killed their role will not be revealed until they are officially out of the game. i.e. both their accounts have been killed.
I promise that this is a real game and not everybody is scum

Each night each player shall perform their night action twice.
This PM should say something like:
The Roleblocker theoretically could have wrote:Tonight Roleblocker will target Mafiascum.
?Roleblocker2? will target ?Mafiascum2?
Although keep in mind that you do not need to target someone on the ? list just because your account is on the question mark list. Any account may target any other.

Remember that each account does not get 2 night actions, each player gets two night actions. If one of your accounts is killed you must now work with just 1 night action. If both are dead then you join another mini.

Sound like fun? Alright, once you have recieved your role please create another account and confirm to me in the fashion that I mentioned above.

All standard mafiascum rules apply.

Game will begin with night so you can all send in choices with your confirmations.
Last edited by StrykkerVerde on Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:56 pm, edited 22 times in total.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:16 am

Post by StrykkerVerde »

Ok I should have mentioned this before.

The secret roles are not public knowledge. If they were then this would just be a normal game in which everyone has to lynch each other twice.

the ?? insinuate a questioned identity. savy?
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:13 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

Alright, there is only one person yet to submit nightchoices and a secondary account. On future nights there will be a time limit for getting choices in however since I cannot get the game started without the last player confirmed that will not be true tonight.

The player however has been responsive to PM's so I do not expect there to be a replacement. This game should be up and running no later than tomorrow morning should the one player yet to check in with me do so soon.

Thank you all very much for bearing with me in this process. It should be worth the wait, that is assumeing I don't suck at modding.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:25 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

One Player hasn't been able to figure out how the system works. If that player doesn't figure it out within 24 hours he will be replaced and the game will begin as soon as he is.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:52 am

Post by StrykkerVerde »

Alright the player that couldn't figure things out, or check his PM's for 5 days, has been replaced.

The Morning Dawns and this is what you find.

?Internet Strenger? killed by a shankin' device.
esme unexpectedly gets punched in the face, the details of her death are unclear because there is too much blood.
?esme? walked in on esme being killed. Details are also gory (This does not mean they were killed by the same person don't jump to conclusions.)
Commodore Amazing gets stabbed. With a Bullet.

All in all:
?Internet Strenger?
esme
?esme?
Commodore Amazing
Have been killed.

esme and ?esme? were the same person. That person was:

The Town Cop.

Good Morning everyone Good Luck.

It is now Day 1.
Last edited by StrykkerVerde on Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I miss Puzzle.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:07 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Question: Once we make the first of the day's lynches, will that person be killed immediately, or will they have to wait until the end of the day before we officially hang them?

random vote: ?Colinus?
, in keeping with the tradition that I vote for names I don't understand.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:18 pm

Post by d_rouge »

random vote: ????

-Speculation time-
So, we had four kills yesterday, and since every ability is doubled, probably even mafia kills are doubled. So that would mean 2 killing groups, right?
World Champions!!!
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:32 pm

Post by esme »

Bah, can I please be female in my death scene?
[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:56 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote: ?Impossible?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:32 pm

Post by Quailman »

BrianMcQueso wrote:
random vote: ?Colinus?
, in keeping with the tradition that I vote for names I don't understand.
A little google goes a long way.
OMGUS vote: BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:06 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Quailman wrote:
BrianMcQueso wrote: random vote: ?Colinus?, in keeping with the tradition that I vote for names I don't understand.
A little google goes a long way. OMGUS vote: BrianMcQueso
I never voted for you, Quailman. This whole double lives mechanic was implemented for a reason, and if you're just going to give away your second life like that, the scum will kill you to eliminate your power. Look at Esme.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:16 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I just typed up the following post as my alter ego. And then I realised it would be obvious who wrote it, so I'm posting it as me:

I suggest that on day 1, when the lynch is always a fairly random bandwagon, we should concentrate on alter egos (ie the secondary accounts) for 3 reasons:

1. Everyone is likely to use their secondary accounts less often, so it will be much harder to pick up scum tells from the alter egos.
2. I think that experience of how people play is an important part of finding scum. (e.g. X usually posts a lot, he is lurking, therefore he is scummy). We just can't use that reasoning on the alter egos.
3. It is a pain logging in as a secondary account. If one of my boys is going to die I want it to be my alter ego.

I know this is somewhat game-breaking but I think it is the best town strategy for now.

I certainly think that if any of the secondary accounts is consistently failing to post then we have no choice but to lynch them (see point 2 above).
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:17 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

*@$£!!! . I meant to say at the end "see point 1 above".
?Charlie?
?Charlie?
Townie
?Charlie?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:20 am

Post by ?Charlie? »

Mr Stoofer is a racist!

We "Question Mark Accounts" demand respect!
vote: Mr Stoofer
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:29 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

No power to question mark accounts!!!

Vote ?Charlie?
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:11 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

No power to green liquids!

Vote: Green Liquid
?Allstar?
?Allstar?
Townie
?Allstar?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:27 am

Post by ?Allstar? »

d_rouge wrote:So, we had four kills yesterday, and since every ability is doubled, probably even mafia kills are doubled. So that would mean 2 killing groups, right?
I think so, yes.

Random vote: ?Rainbow Brite?
?YouYou?
?YouYou?
Townie
?YouYou?
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:37 am

Post by ?YouYou? »

d_rouge wrote:So that would mean 2 killing groups, right?
I think so. I also don't think that there's any way scum or SK would have killed one of their accounts day one. CA and ?IS? are probably not scum (do we know either way?). I don't think we should have them come out, but I do think that if they're pushed to claim, that's a good point in their favor.
Quailman wrote:A little google goes a long way. OMGUS vote: BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso does indeed suck, but I think someone else here is worse.

OMGUS vote: Mr Stoofer
for wanting to take out all the ? accounts. If we keep doing that, the scum will take out all the primary accounts to get people out of the game completely. And we'll stop seeing ? accounts getting killed at night, so we'll have worse odds of finding a scum when we lynch. If there's a lynching strategy that favors the scum, I think you have just proposed it.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:00 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

?YouYou? wrote:OMGUS vote: Mr Stoofer for wanting to take out all the ? accounts. If we keep doing that, the scum will take out all the primary accounts to get people out of the game completely. And we'll stop seeing ? accounts getting killed at night, so we'll have worse odds of finding a scum when we lynch. If there's a lynching strategy that favors the scum, I think you have just proposed it.
I think that you are right to the extent that my suggestion was not thought out properly. It needs further discussion.

However, I don't think that the strategy of lynching ? accounts leads to the result you suggest. The scum have to kill off an equal number of normals and ? so as to avoid detection - as they did last night. This is because the scum get 4 kills at night and the town gets only 2 lynches a day. So if we only lynched the ? accounts, and the scum only killed the normal accounts, we'd quickly get to the position where the only normal accounts left were scum. We would then lynch the surviving normal accounts and their ? accounts (I suspect it will be very difficult for ? accounts to falsely claim to be associated with a normal account other than their own - impossible if we do the claim before lynching the surviving normals).

But I accept my plan was not thought through sufficiently. I do think it is worth discussing ways in which the town can use the setup to their advantage.

I also think that we must have a zero tolerance policy for ? accounts which don't post regularly. The easiest way for scum to stay in the game would be never to post under their ? account except to say "sorry, I keep forgetting to sign in under this name..."
?ClearLiquid?
?ClearLiquid?
Ninja
?ClearLiquid?
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:42 am

Post by ?ClearLiquid? »

Vote: ?Purple Liquid?

There is only room for two liquids here, and you are not one of them.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:16 am

Post by mepmuff »

I don't know about killing one sided. If we get a good strong scum vibe somewhere we should go for it no matter what the normal vs ?? balance will turn out to be after that day.

Mr Stoofer does have a point that having an unbalanced normal vs ?? count, makes it harder on the scum. Having said that, there's another great bonus to this two lynch thingy. The scum kills will probably be reduced somewhere along the line due to part of their accounts dying (definate for an SK, don't know how this will go for mafia). The town will still lynch two a day.
Disclaimer: Not an actual claim. [i](Save The Dragons in Peacecity 1)[/i]
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:17 am

Post by mepmuff »

I don't know about killing one sided. If we get a good strong scum vibe somewhere we should go for it no matter what the normal vs ?? balance will turn out to be after that day.

Mr Stoofer does have a point that having an unbalanced normal vs ?? count, makes it harder on the scum. Having said that, there's another great bonus to this two lynch thingy. The scum kills will probably be reduced somewhere along the line due to part of their accounts dying (definate for an SK, don't know how this will go for mafia). The town will still lynch two a day.
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:35 am

Post by d_rouge »

?YouYou? wrote:
d_rouge wrote:So that would mean 2 killing groups, right?
I think so. I also don't think that there's any way scum or SK would have killed one of their accounts day one. CA and ?IS? are probably not scum (do we know either way?). I don't think we should have them come out, but I do think that if they're pushed to claim, that's a good point in their favor.
This is not true at all. If there's two killing groups there's the possibility of cross killing, so CA and ?IS? may as well be scum.
World Champions!!!
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:40 am

Post by StrykkerVerde »

Sorry esme, my bad.

Brian: Yes, as soon as one person reaches lynch majority they are killed, if they are the last surviving name of a player the role is revealed and all votes are removed so the day can continue.
I miss Puzzle.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:53 am

Post by mepmuff »

Oh, and
Random vote:?Rainbow Brite?