Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:06 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I know! I forgot my semicolon!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:10 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 406, Tammy wrote:What I don't think is silly is his concerns about Wisdom not being aggressive and whether or not the meta change means scum. I've seen aggressive and subdued Wisdom as scum though so I don't think that the change definitely means he's scum as I can think of a few town reasons for someone to change their approach, and there's no reason for him not to be aggressive in this situation as it would be what a good many of us would expect.

I was a bit weirded out by him not posting his quote stripes when he first entered though, but I don't put a whole lot of stock in arguments that he didn't explain a scum read because he couldn't at that time.
Cakez starting out with a reasonable point and then letting it get completely out of hand is pretty much what happened in Real Folks Blues and it's what I'm afraid of it happening here.

What usually happens (at least with me) is people see something that bothers them and then when they make the actual wall they end up finding more to talk about. I don't think that it's particularly alignment indicative; I agree that he probably had at least a reason in mind when he made that vote, though.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Kagami »

I think farside vote is L-1
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Wisdom »

nope, still L-2
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 406, Tammy wrote:Nacho - Not sure what to think about Infinity yet. I don't thing the early town reads due to him continuing on his "tryhard" style in the face of being called out by wisdom all that strong when he didn't even realize he was being called out. There are a few posts that I like. I like him being like I'm playing shitty right now because I haven't slept and it's day one where I struggle because I empathize with that type of sentiment. I don't know if you read the maze prerestart, but early game infinity scum was tryhardy and a bit nitpicky. He did interact and distance with his partner quite a bit, and then he jumped off of his partner to scum read me mostly because my opening post was forced. Anyway our interaction felt a little odd, and I felt like he had an agenda. It wasn't even close to conclusive and I'm bummed we restarted because now I don't know if I'd have gotten that read right. But this is a lot of words to say some of his posts don't give me that same feel. From that game I do think he has a bit of a nitpicky type of scum game (maybe?) and I don't get the sense that he'd change his approach just because someone mentioned it, especially when he just didn't notice it. Some of his posts feel sticky, but then some feel fluid and I like those.
This is probably my same read; I think there are a lot of nitpicky posts/posts I disagree with/posts that bother me but a lot of the posts he makes on how he feels on gamestate and a lot of the point he makes as an aside looks town and those aren't posts that he's been making as scum. I also like the way that he kind of feels like he's lost, like he's pushing a lot of different angles and backing down from them pretty easily; I'd his scum play to be more straightforward as in laying down a plan and following it, especially based on his responses about farside looking town because her initial push was "too sloppy" or Wisdom's response being town because he "could have given a better response if scum".

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 406, Tammy wrote:Kraska is most likely just town. I also think that Nacho and I are finally town together again (RIGHT NOW :p). Other town reads on Pere and Kagami. (I do feel weird with such a decent town read on Pere so early. Sometimes day one I lean town, but don't feel this decent. The last time I did, he was an SK so every time I get a good read on Pere early I think he might be an SK and it freaks me out, but I don't think there's an SK this game, so I just think I have a weird early decent town read on Pere.)
I was going to mention that I was starting get get paranoid on him because he hasn't been around until I remember that he said he wouldn't be around on weekends >.>

I agree that kraska feels town but I still would like for her to flesh out what she was thinking about Kagami a little more and starts pushing for things a little more aggressively; she's definitely capable of it (as I've found while looking over games that Giga linked to me) while as scum she's definitely more likely to keep her head in the sand for a while.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 424, Wraith wrote:Firstly, it's somewhat of a good sign to me that both Wisdom and SirCakez both scumread him. It's a little early in the game though to present doubts on that front for fear of WIFOM.
Why were Cakez and Wisdom the two people that you were focused on?
Is the argument that you're making here is that one of those two are likely to be scum and so it's not likely that either would be bussing at this stage or...?

Why did you like ?
I don't think Shadow's activity is indicative of much considering the V/LA.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Also it's kind of funky how you talk about how semantic arguments are a scumtell to you but then you talk about them like it's just a playstyle you don't like but that's just a minor niggle.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 429, Bulbazak wrote:@Nacho: Why are you ignoring me?
Wasn't intentional; I was distracted when posting yesterday.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 434, Wisdom wrote:wraith's post re:shaddow is weird
You feel like hes going to be forcing a scumread on him when it begins but by the end hes actually doing the "i dont understand why this is being voted" thing
I dont know what to think here
this is a better way to put it yeah

I don't quite have the time to go through Wraith's post right this second, but I will later; some things are questionable (what Wisdom pointed out) but most of it looked fine.
In post 473, farside22 wrote:That's some quick turn around there.
For what it's worth, I agree with this point; I don't really agree that buddying is the scumtell that Infinity made it out to be. I don't think it's as reasonable to expect him to remember whether you had used pre-flip associatives last game you played together or not (not only do I not remember what the last game we played together was, I'm not sure whether you used pre-flip associatives in it or not).

Interested in seeing Wraith's responses to the points that Tammy brought up.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 433, Infinity 324 wrote:I've played one game with him
Was he town or scum? And how do his actions in that game compare to this game, and does that contribute to your read?
In post 439, Wraith wrote: • The hardcore lurking by Leonshade and Bulbazak is very annoying
Lion-O declared he was V/LA in his one post, and I was just very busy. "Hardcore lurking" makes it sound like we were purposefully avoiding the game, when activity issues are the most likely reason and are inherently unscummy.
In post 441, SirCakez wrote: I was going off the one game I can remember seeing your play (Mafiaception) where you were pretty active as town
But I don't think I've seen your scum game so that's moot anyway
Fair enough, but I think I had rough spots of activity in that game too, although they were probably not at the beginning of the game. I have a tendency to sometimes miss a day or two and then have to catch up. Heck, in my last game, I lost track of time and got prodded twice for not posting for like 5 days.
In post 444, Wisdom wrote:
In post 439, Wraith wrote:• How Wisdom is “leaning town” on Bulbazak in #377 after only two posts by the latter player is puzzling. In #379 Wisdom posts in reads list and has Leonshade as “leaning scum” – how he leans scum for Leon (who has one post) and leans town for Bulba (who had two posts at that point) seems really contradictory
bad for the same reason as above
you're pretending to be the judge of how I am getting my reads when you are not in my mind and you don't think like I do
Then why don't you explain your thought process?
In post 484, Kagami wrote:I don't dislike the wall at all, except perhaps for wisdoms point,which isn't horribly damning
Then why did you vote for Wraith?
In post 490, Tammy wrote:Bulba - Nope, there's nothing to be suspicious of. It's just the last several games we've played together you've been suspicious of me for some reason or another.
I was paranoid of you for awhile after Capcom. And sometimes, you'd have a rough start and that would contribute to my read of you. Normally it settles out after awhile, but it was very easy to get a bead on you this game.
In post 490, Tammy wrote: Do you always tend to work with nacho or is wanting his feedback something new you're trying for this game?
Everything within me is screaming that this is Wisdom's scum game. However, Nacho's acting like it isn't, and there are indicators that it could just be Wisdom playing like he did in my very first game on site. I would like to pick Nacho's brain about it, because my gut is telling me that I'm just wanting to believe the best here and that this game
is
that easy and that we can all be friends. But at the same time, I'm starting to get a sinking feeling, and there's a bit of paranoia now starting to resurface.

Btw, I'm also starting to reconsider my initial read on Wraith. He's starting to have some much better posts, and I think he may be town here.

Anyway, going to be gone for the rest of today. I'll pick this up when I get back.

On to page 21.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:49 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 560, Bulbazak wrote:Then why don't you explain your thought process?
I did? Is there a read I haven't explained?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 560, Bulbazak wrote:Everything within me is screaming that this is Wisdom's scum game.
Elaborate please because I'm starting to not buy it
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:55 am

Post by farside22 »

First off I'm sorry about my attitude.
I was told about it in my last game and I was trying hard not to repeat it this game but a few attitudes got to me and I started feeling that anger I get towards people that is probably not fair.
Don't know why it hits me some times. I think I take things a bit too personal from people. If I knew a way to get that under control.........
Anyways I will try to tone down and if I need a slap occasional that says farside you need to step back, then please say so.

In post 535, Tammy wrote:Although I did want the question of what infinity gains by making such a quick turn around as scum answered to.
When I saw infinity swap from first thought was shit, is wraith being quick lynched by scum? Then I wondered if infinity maybe bussing after I didn't get a response about why he was defending wraith.

Infinity: If you explained your reason for defending wraith other then his one post you said looked like he was scum hunting I would like to see that please.

Anyways my scum list look like this:

Wraith < Infinity < Bulba < Leon (weird reason why he is in here)
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 563, farside22 wrote:Anyways my scum list look like this:

how do you feel about shaddow?

if you replaced infinity with him we'd agree.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:10 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 554, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 406, Tammy wrote:Nacho - Not sure what to think about Infinity yet. I don't thing the early town reads due to him continuing on his "tryhard" style in the face of being called out by wisdom all that strong when he didn't even realize he was being called out. There are a few posts that I like. I like him being like I'm playing shitty right now because I haven't slept and it's day one where I struggle because I empathize with that type of sentiment. I don't know if you read the maze prerestart, but early game infinity scum was tryhardy and a bit nitpicky. He did interact and distance with his partner quite a bit, and then he jumped off of his partner to scum read me mostly because my opening post was forced. Anyway our interaction felt a little odd, and I felt like he had an agenda. It wasn't even close to conclusive and I'm bummed we restarted because now I don't know if I'd have gotten that read right. But this is a lot of words to say some of his posts don't give me that same feel. From that game I do think he has a bit of a nitpicky type of scum game (maybe?) and I don't get the sense that he'd change his approach just because someone mentioned it, especially when he just didn't notice it. Some of his posts feel sticky, but then some feel fluid and I like those.
This is probably my same read; I think there are a lot of nitpicky posts/posts I disagree with/posts that bother me but a lot of the posts he makes on how he feels on gamestate and a lot of the point he makes as an aside looks town and those aren't posts that he's been making as scum. I also like the way that he kind of feels like he's lost, like he's pushing a lot of different angles and backing down from them pretty easily; I'd his scum play to be more straightforward as in laying down a plan and following it, especially based on his responses about farside looking town because her initial push was "too sloppy" or Wisdom's response being town because he "could have given a better response if scum".
Here is my take away on infinity.
He got caught with the try hard, he went a different way.
He got caught with his weak read and now is scrabbling.

In post 555, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 406, Tammy wrote:Kraska is most likely just town. I also think that Nacho and I are finally town together again (RIGHT NOW :p). Other town reads on Pere and Kagami. (I do feel weird with such a decent town read on Pere so early. Sometimes day one I lean town, but don't feel this decent. The last time I did, he was an SK so every time I get a good read on Pere early I think he might be an SK and it freaks me out, but I don't think there's an SK this game, so I just think I have a weird early decent town read on Pere.)
I was going to mention that I was starting get get paranoid on him because he hasn't been around until I remember that he said he wouldn't be around on weekends >.>

I agree that kraska feels town but I still would like for her to flesh out what she was thinking about Kagami a little more and starts pushing for things a little more aggressively; she's definitely capable of it (as I've found while looking over games that Giga linked to me) while as scum she's definitely more likely to keep her head in the sand for a while.
The one ticking point i have against Kraska is that I only know of what scum read she has and she seems to being doing little else.

In post 564, Wisdom wrote:
In post 563, farside22 wrote:Anyways my scum list look like this:

how do you feel about shaddow?

if you replaced infinity with him we'd agree.
This is when you have a pre-association moment and go, farside you need to seek help.
If bulba is scum I don't see him voting his scum buddy and standing on that as the first vote. If you look at the post from Bulba he hasn't even really pushed his scum read on anyone but you.

For me to drop infinity off my list I need him to explain his views from start of the game about wraith to this point currently and what his scum reads are in full.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:30 am

Post by Leonshade »

Back from V/LA, catching up tomorrow.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 560, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 433, Infinity 324 wrote:I've played one game with him
Was he town or scum? And how do his actions in that game compare to this game, and does that contribute to your read?
He was town, and he was more aggressive. But I don't like making meta reads off of one game
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 563, farside22 wrote:First off I'm sorry about my attitude.
I was told about it in my last game and I was trying hard not to repeat it this game but a few attitudes got to me and I started feeling that anger I get towards people that is probably not fair.
Don't know why it hits me some times. I think I take things a bit too personal from people. If I knew a way to get that under control.........
Anyways I will try to tone down and if I need a slap occasional that says farside you need to step back, then please say so.
Ok, I'm glad you're willing to act differently. I'm sorry for insulting your play, I hope we can have more productive discussions in the future.
Infinity: If you explained your reason for defending wraith other then his one post you said looked like he was scum hunting I would like to see that please.
Here's where I was defending wraith:
In post 349, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 218, Wraith wrote:I liked Infinity for town-lean early but as time goes on I like him less.
No he wasn't @farside

Not sure I like the wraith wagon. The wisdom vote was weird but very sloppy for scum play.
In post 353, Infinity 324 wrote:Yes, "town lean" is in the sentence "I like
d
infinity for town-lean". I don't see how that's relevant. And then he pointed out the stuff in his next post, which was 3 posts later I believe. I don't see the issue.

I voted him because...he commented on a bunch of stuff without trying to scumhunt, but his latest post made me feel a little better in that regard.

But I'm not saying he's town and a wagon on him is as good as any (except maybe cakez). So *shrug*
At first i was just trying to correct a misconception. I also said I wasn't sure I liked the wagon, but ok I'll admit that statement wasn't really necessary for a null read.

The next post I continued to try to correct the misconception, and also disclaimed that my intent wasn't to convince you that he's town. I just wanted to make sure you got your facts right. Does that explain that?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 565, farside22 wrote:For me to drop infinity off my list I need him to explain his views from start of the game about wraith to this point currently and what his scum reads are in full.
Ok, you got it....

At the start of the game I voted wraith because of just fluffposting, I don't consider it a super strong tell but it was my best bet at that point.

Spoiler: fluff
In post 18, Wraith wrote:Mr. Scruffy is wondering if there is a reason besides RVS that four players immediately voted Nacho.
In post 52, Wraith wrote:Mr. Scruffy feels excluded from this conversation because it seems like people are using meta to scumhunt on farside.
In post 54, Wraith wrote:
In post 53, Infinity 324 wrote:? I'm not

Do you have any other thoughts
Mr. Scruffy re-read the last page and now realizes where you were coming from.

He also says no, not at this time.
In post 121, Wraith wrote:
In post 120, SirCakez wrote:I'm late rip

VOTE: wisdom
Mr. Scruffy would like to know if this is an RVS vote or has actual backing.

Then came the next stage of wraith's posting. He started at least trying to look like he's scumhunting and gave me the immediate vibes of "so bad it's town", like he wasn't trying to look good. So I guess that made up for his earlier stuff in my mind.

Spoiler: other shit
In post 123, Wraith wrote:
In post 122, SirCakez wrote:It has backing
Mr. Scruffy says "You're right."

This is an awfully strange 180:
In post 15, Wisdom wrote:infinity you're trying too hard and me no like
In post 40, Wisdom wrote:says infinity who tried to question a joke
In post 87, Wisdom wrote:I will also agree with the townreads on Infinity.

I think that him continuing to nitpick things and defend that way of playing despite people clearly finding it odd and worth questioning shows lack of scum motivation.
Vote: Wisdom
In post 221, Wraith wrote:Specific stuff I don't like about Infinity so far:
In post 10, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 9, Wisdom wrote:
In post 8, Tammy wrote:I had a woohoo woowee I'm town post planned, but I rolled scum
that's what you really meant, admit it
Why no vote?
This really rubs me the wrong way. It's a pretty obvious joke literally less than 10 posts into the game but he's jumping on it like it's scummy.

I liked him town-lean early for posts 25, 28, and 39, but so far that's kind of it.
In post 51, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 45, Tammy wrote:Ha! I thought it had something to do with the numbers.

Tammy - Understanding P5's humor since 2016. Go me!

Infinity - Did you just vote nacho because there was a wagon started on him already?
Yes
This rubs me wrong too.
You're entitled to your opinion. Since I don't think farside's vote was particularly scummy, I'm not going to bother to argue it.
He says this, but previously had like five posts questioning the motives of farside's vote. ???

His vote on me without explaining why is odd but could easily just be looking to get a reaction out of me. I guess it worked a different way because it drew a lot of reactions from other players.

I might shift my vote in a minute. About to re-read Wisdom's ISO to see if I'm remembering things right in my evaluation of him.
In post 367, Wraith wrote:
In post 351, farside22 wrote:
In post 346, SirCakez wrote:
In post 339, SirCakez wrote:
In post 337, farside22 wrote:
In post 301, Infinity 324 wrote:cakes' case is very shallow
Agreed.
Are you even reading my posts?
I didn't read your last big post. I did read your case and the lots of quotes reminded me of biker wars.
In post 218, Wraith wrote:I liked Infinity for town-lean early but as time goes on I like him less.
No he wasn't @farside

Not sure I like the wraith wagon. The wisdom vote was weird but very sloppy for scum play.

Would like other answers about whether cakez is this shallow as scum vs. town

@cakez What do you think about wisdom's response that he changed playstyle because he felt like it? Do you think that's unlikely?

I don't know who scum is, but that's ok I guess. This game I'll try a more patient approach and not judge anyone until I have a solid read on them.
Town lean is in that sentence. And he didn't explain the issues.
Speaking of which, why did you vote him in the first place?
Yeah I don't like this one. I clearly explained why my read had changed.
In post 424, Wraith wrote:Okay let's take a look at shadow's short ISO

Firstly, it's somewhat of a good sign to me that both Wisdom and SirCakez both scumread him. It's a little early in the game though to present doubts on that front for fear of WIFOM.
In post 55, shaddowez wrote:
In post 49, Tammy wrote:I believe I have an early leaning town read on kagami.
You believe you do, or you do? They're not quite the same.
Fluff IMO
In post 101, shaddowez wrote:
In post 73, Tammy wrote:
In post 55, shaddowez wrote:
In post 49, Tammy wrote:I believe I have an early leaning town read on kagami.
You believe you do, or you do? They're not quite the same.
They're pretty much the same.
Infinity
, here's your answer: I tend to be nitpicky about semantics. One of the phrases is more assertive than the other, which often times comes from town. The other leaves a little bit of room for maneuverability, which often times comes from scum. In this case they are pretty much the same, but the phrasing can still be indicative of things.
I don't like semantic arguments. That's just me. Semantic arguments are a scumtell to me. That's probably because I strongly prefer VCA and logical/data-based arguments than attempting to analyze word choice or emotional expression. I think it's absolutely impossible to accurately analyze someone's emotional state over the internet.
In post 147, shaddowez wrote:
In post 126, Infinity 324 wrote:...snip...
Kagami is spending all his time trying to sort specifically me, which is odd to me. But he still seems town for now. Gut town lean on Tammy.

VOTE: wraith
Two things. First, if you have a read on a particular person, shouldn't you pursue that and/or pressure them? What's specifically odd about trying to sort out one person, especially without knowing their motivation for doing so? Second - why discuss other people in your post, and then vote Wraith with no other mention of him in your post?
In post 128, Wisdom wrote:
In post 123, Wraith wrote:This is an awfully strange 180:
Whats strange about it? The reason im townreading Infinity happened after those initial posts and actually have to do with how Infinity handled those posts.

I dont like this.
Widom beat me to it. There were a number of posts in between, and I can easily see how Infinity's responses could have caused a change in a read. Are you suggesting that people's reads shouldn't change?
In post 133, Infinity 324 wrote:@Nacho: Can you explain what you were trying to accomplish with your questioning of shadow?
I'm more interested in why he seemed to be soft defending Tammy and focusing on things not related to this game specifically. Granted I brought up Thor and other people's posts, but that was to illustrate why I was looking into something here.
In post 134, Leonshade wrote:@MOI: V/LA until Sunday the 13th.

Townreading Inf for his early play, don't see the scum motivation in his play. I think he's immediately scumhunting and trying to get the game going.

VOTE: kraska
Is this an RVS vote? You haven't participated yet, say you like Infinity, and then randomly vote kraska. If it's not, please give some explanation.
I thought and still think this was a good post.

Shadow could be more active (then again the same could be said of me) but at this point I'm not going to commit to wagoning him. He hasn't made any specific slip to make me scumread him yet.

Then came his wall in , of which I noticed a very fake-sounding read on nacho that seemed to be an attempt to appease and buddy him. Specifically, the whole idea of "nacho came up with this spot on point against me which looks town to me" which he mentioned a couple times seems very fake. Also, wisdom pointed out something I forgot to mention in that adds to the fakeness of the nacho read. Something else that was going on in my head at the time was the realization that I've seen scum play very sloppily before at least a couple times so sloppy/bad reasoning shouldn't really equal town in my mind.

I do not have a scumread besides wraith at this point.

I hope we're done with this conversation, I'm tired of defending myself. If you still have a lot of issues with this we might have to leave it at that.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

My gut says bulbazak might be scum. But maybe that's because he fits the somewhat outdated stereotype of cautious wallposting lots of questions scum.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by Wraith »

I'm at the level of depression right now that I'm probably just going to prodge at best.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Spoiler:
In post 518, farside22 wrote:Cakez: I didnt forget about you.
My scum read on bulba is hard to explain because some of it is gut and impressions I get when I read his post.

Example his his dump of thoughts here say very little about shadow.
He gave a point about issues with wisdom, reads fillerish and wraith fluff question.
In post 348, Bulbazak wrote:Alrighty then...

@Nacho: Give me your thoughts on Wisdom when you can. I'm not sure if I'm looking at 1305 Wisdom here, or if this is the amicable scum Wisdom I've been seeing a lot lately. I'm not sure how much I'm going to be around over the next few days, but I'll try to do my best with anything else you want to talk about.

@Wraith: Why'd you stop with the Mr. Fluffy talk? I found it strange in general, but I found you stopping to be kinda abrupt.

Vote Shaddowez

I could go Wraith too, but I'm not sure it's as good a vote.
In post 385, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 350, Wisdom wrote:Wraith/shadow/Leon is my first attempt at a guess
Was there something specific dropped by Lion-O? Because I just have him as null.
In post 364, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: cakez

Maybe I'm colored by my frustration but this is shitty.

He just refuses to consider town motivation for changing meta and also refuses to consider the disadvantages of playing so obviously differently as scum when multiple people in the game have played with him before.

I think town would be approaching it differently.
I can see where you're coming from here, but I fully agree with Cakez. An agreeable Wisdom definitely set off some red flags. His later play reminded me of my first game with him, though, but that's an anomaly when it comes to town Wisdom. Having been burnt by friendly Wisdom before, I fully understand the uneasy approach.
In post 369, Wraith wrote:
In post 348, Bulbazak wrote:Alrighty then...

@Nacho: Give me your thoughts on Wisdom when you can. I'm not sure if I'm looking at 1305 Wisdom here, or if this is the amicable scum Wisdom I've been seeing a lot lately. I'm not sure how much I'm going to be around over the next few days, but I'll try to do my best with anything else you want to talk about.

@Wraith: Why'd you stop with the Mr. Fluffy talk? I found it strange in general, but I found you stopping to be kinda abrupt.

Vote Shaddowez

I could go Wraith too, but I'm not sure it's as good a vote.
Mr Scruffy says "It was time to get serious."
Why couldn't you do that while speaking for your cat?

@Wisdom: Where'd the switch from Wraith to Shadow come from?
I see a bit of buddying when a player agrees with another. He also hasn't a dress Wisdom directly or pushed Wisdom other then using buzz words like red flag and feeling.
I also dont get the issue from wis switch to wraith when bulba was scum reading wraith too.
So unless bulba thinks Wisdom is ultimate bussed man the scum read and concern about Wisdom looks manufactured.
Thanks for this response
I see where you're coming from but I don't think it's AI for Bulbazak with what I remember from mafiaception (he made these kind of fluffy-ish posts as town there pretty consistently)
In post 530, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 358, SirCakez wrote:I think scum!wisdom tries to play more friendly and less aggressive in this playerlist.
Why? Who in the playerlist is he playing around that would expect him to play more friendly? Who do you think it would help him to be "friendlier" to? I think that you're making an assertion about his meta that you can't back up. Please stop, take a step back, don't let all of the other reads that you have wander into the abyss just because this scumread exists.
Off the top of my head, you, Tammy, Kagami, and Bulba are all players who the super aggressive tactic wouldn't work on as scum, so he's being forced to go the friendly route
Like Soccer Spirits was a playerlist he could roll over, but not here
In post 534, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 360, SirCakez wrote:i find it disturbing you never answered the question legitimately
The question that you're looking for an answer to is "why are you playing differently this game", correct? Why is it scummy to play differently if he's shown he can be aggressive as town as well?
See above
In post 537, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 364, Infinity 324 wrote:Maybe I'm colored by my frustration but this is shitty.

He just refuses to consider town motivation for changing meta and also refuses to consider the disadvantages of playing so obviously differently as scum when multiple people in the game have played with him before.
Frustration with Cakez's argument specifically, right?
I agree that it's a silly argument in general, but I don't think it's exactly out of range of his town game. It is for reasons like this why I'd like him to focus on other reads; I think he's stubborn letting go of reads sometimes and whenever he's tunneling he's not as good of a player as when he's not.
If Wisdom showed even an ounce of interest in working with me then maybe I'd reconsider. But instead he's just being all stubborn which is p scummy.
In post 551, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 406, Tammy wrote:What I don't think is silly is his concerns about Wisdom not being aggressive and whether or not the meta change means scum. I've seen aggressive and subdued Wisdom as scum though so I don't think that the change definitely means he's scum as I can think of a few town reasons for someone to change their approach, and there's no reason for him not to be aggressive in this situation as it would be what a good many of us would expect.

I was a bit weirded out by him not posting his quote stripes when he first entered though, but I don't put a whole lot of stock in arguments that he didn't explain a scum read because he couldn't at that time.
Cakez starting out with a reasonable point and then letting it get completely out of hand is pretty much what happened in Real Folks Blues and it's what I'm afraid of it happening here.
don't mention that game pls
Wraith wrote:I'm at the level of depression right now that I'm probably just going to prodge at best.
/hug
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 568, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 563, farside22 wrote:First off I'm sorry about my attitude.
Ok, I'm glad you're willing to act differently. I'm sorry for insulting your play, I hope we can have more productive discussions in the future.
Here's where I was defending wraith:
No he wasn't @farside

In post 353, Infinity 324 wrote:Yes, "town lean" is in the sentence "I like
d
infinity for town-lean". I don't see how that's relevant. And then he pointed out the stuff in his next post, which was 3 posts later I believe. I don't see the issue.

I voted him because...he commented on a bunch of stuff without trying to scumhunt, but his latest post made me feel a little better in that regard.

But I'm not saying he's town and a wagon on him is as good as any (except maybe cakez). So *shrug*
At first i was just trying to correct a misconception. I also said I wasn't sure I liked the wagon, but ok I'll admit that statement wasn't really necessary for a null read.

The next post I continued to try to correct the misconception, and also disclaimed that my intent wasn't to convince you that he's town. I just wanted to make sure you got your facts right. Does that explain that?
Okay I see where things went awry.
As I stated prior he said he had an issue with your post 10 which reads as a contradiction to saying he had a young lean early. I think prior to that you made maybe 2 other post. Which is just RVS stuff.
As for cakez.....idk. the meta stuff on Wisdom is meh to me, mostly because he's not saying where this matches scum Wisdom.
I don't recall Wisdom being super aggressive at the start in Walking dead mafia, so it's kind of where I disagree with cakez view on wisdom's playstyle
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 560, Bulbazak wrote:Everything within me is screaming that this is Wisdom's scum game. However, Nacho's acting like it isn't, and there are indicators that it could just be Wisdom playing like he did in my very first game on site. I would like to pick Nacho's brain about it, because my gut is telling me that I'm just wanting to believe the best here and that this game is that easy and that we can all be friends. But at the same time, I'm starting to get a sinking feeling, and there's a bit of paranoia now starting to resurface.
I mean I don't deny that I was paranoid of Wisdom earlier because he was laid back. But being laid back doesn't necessarily mean he's scum just like being aggressive doesn't mean that he's town; need a more substantial read than "he's playing different to my usual!".
In post 572, SirCakez wrote:Off the top of my head, you, Tammy, Kagami, and Bulba are all players who the super aggressive tactic wouldn't work on as scum, so he's being forced to go the friendly route
Like Soccer Spirits was a playerlist he could roll over, but not here
Being aggressive doesn't mean that you're trying to roll over a town, it means that you're being active and you're pushing things stubbornly - in other words, all things that the people you noted are expected, meaning the most intuitive thing for Wisdom as scum is... to pretend like he's town. You're saying that being friendly somehow gives him an advantage when playing against stronger players even though he's expected is to be aggressive - what advantage is that, exactly?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”