mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:04 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1549, Lowell wrote:For all our bluster and self-confidence, I would dispute the notion that we are other than a bunch of random machines playing.

Yes... we are definitely not machines playing...
bleep bloop...
:P
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Dierfire »

My inclination before seeing the calculation was definitely to lynch Lowell over Garmr, so now I'm having a bit of difficulty.
I have the same concern about heuristically_alone that texcat does, I think. I'm reviewing that slot now.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:32 am

Post by Dierfire »

Ha ha, for my first significant finding, I see that I can save myself some typing!
In post 1474, heuristically_alone wrote:Feel free to call me Alone.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:40 am

Post by Dierfire »

That was a short review.

I have some ideas.

@Alone

You said that you are going back and forth on Garmr, and also that you think that the statistical discussion between mhsmith0 and me was helpful to Town. I assume, then, that you rate Lowell as more likely to be Mafia than the ~50% figure that mhsmith0 gave (or that you agree with Garmr that other factors decrease that probability).
Could you explain how confident you are in the Lowell read, and why?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Lowell »

Also, @garmr's math disruption-- if you're going to argue your "towniness" on D1 made you a likely kill target and therefore disrupts the damning math, I would argue that same "towniness" would make you an equally more likely kill DELIVERER (killer, I suppose, being the obvious word) if you're scum.

At any rate, I feel like we're through the looking glass here, people. Stop trying to talk yourselves into a Lowell lynch just because I annoy you, and make the smart play.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Lowell »

Also I'm largely out this weekend. Will try to post, but no promises.
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Riabi »

In post 1537, heuristically_alone wrote:...
I don't think a mafia would want to point out these statistics to town. This is just too pro town. I don't think either mhsmith0 nor Dierfire are mafia.

First off, as for the stats, I think I'm missing something, can someone do a rundown on what these calculations are for me? Are we basically talking about Bayseian probabilities here?

As for the above argument, I don't like it. I'm not saying it's a scummy argument, but, I think it's WIFOM. Scum would ABSOLUTELY point out stats if the point in the wrong direction. Why wouldn't they?
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Dierfire »

Here's a cut-and-paste of my calculation from last night:

A = Garmr is Mafia
B = Kill is stopped

P(A|B) = P(B|A) * P(A) / P(B)

P(A) = 3/11
P(B) = P(C) + P(D) = 12/132 + 11/132 = 23/132

C = target is killer (1/11)
D = target is killed (1/12)

P (A|B) = P(B|A) * (3/11)(132/23) = (1/3) * (36/23) = 12/23

Adjust P(A) to 2/8, no change (2/8 = 3/12)
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:48 am

Post by Riabi »

In post 1557, Dierfire wrote:Here's a cut-and-paste of my calculation from last night:

A = Garmr is Mafia
B = Kill is stopped

P(A|B) = P(B|A) * P(A) / P(B)

P(A) = 3/11
P(B) = P(C) + P(D) = 12/132 + 11/132 = 23/132

C = target is killer (1/11)
D = target is killed (1/12)

P (A|B) = P(B|A) * (3/11)(132/23) = (1/3) * (36/23) = 12/23

Adjust P(A) to 2/8, no change (2/8 = 3/12)

Hmmm, I'm still not getting it for some reason, but, I'm sure it's a failure on my part. For the time being, since no one seems to be arguing against the point your stats are making (only debating minor details of the arithmetic), I'm content to just go with the crowd on what they mean.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by texcat »

Are there other reasons to think Garmr is scum? I need to go back and look at him, but am hoping someone can help.

The case on Lowell is that scum Boonskies protected him on Day 1 when Lowell got all the way to L-1.
Spoiler: Boon protects Lowell
In post 230, Boonskiies wrote:I'm null on Lowell.

In post 276, Lowell wrote:Hey I found one.

VOTE: mhsmith

In ISO, this guy reads a little too "unfrozen caveman lawyer" for my liking. A lot of "I was under the impression..." and "Am I off-base about..."s, like he's asking permission to play the way he wants. Also he's weirdly sensitive about pushing people to L-2. Which, on D1 especially, is a dumb thing to be sensitive about.

Also, boon is town. Am I persuaded of this just because of his obnoxious multi-posts? Yes, yes I am.

In post 359, Boonskiies wrote:This Lowell wagon makes me uneasy...

In post 362, Boonskiies wrote:Lowell just seems like that typical fall guy who gets lynched for no real reasons Day 1. His playstyle looks like an easy wagon, and I just feel it's scum driven.

In post 367, Boonskiies wrote:I mean, I'm not town reading Lowell. I don't like Day 1's. Common Boon knowledge. I have pushed my case on the lynch I want.

In post 446, Boonskiies wrote:I'm not going to hammer. I don't think Lowell is scum.

Texcat/Madonna and then one of almost/Sakura/Chilled is scum.

Then on Day 2, Lowell starts out with his odd theory that I was roleblocked scum. The last paragraph below sure looks like he was trying to draw out a claim.
In post 694, Lowell wrote:
In post 684, Garmr wrote:Lowell are you trying to draw out a claim?

Honestly? Yes, I guess? Now that I'm thinking about it maybe it's not a good idea.

And my theory, btw, is that tex makes sense as a person to roleblock. He was cagey on D1, but not TOO obvious a target that scum would avoid having him make the kill. That, plus his being suspiciously MIA today make me think someone blocked him.

If no one wants to claim this, that's fine, but if said person ends up dead this will be pointlessly lost information. But yeah, if it were me, I'd be jumping up and down taking credit for blocking a NK. It'd be worth a 1 for 1 trade, esp given the blocked nightkill. But whatever.

Then Lowell tries to protect Boon before he was lynched Day 2.

In post 1034, Lowell wrote:I think boon is town, gang.

In post 1036, Lowell wrote:VOTE: sakura

I won't be happy until I've voted everyone! I don't have a case here, other than I believe boon and have strong townvibes on exp. So sure let's make this happen.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1554, Lowell wrote:Also, @garmr's math disruption-- if you're going to argue your "towniness" on D1 made you a likely kill target and therefore disrupts the damning math, I would argue that same "towniness" would make you an equally more likely kill DELIVERER (killer, I suppose, being the obvious word) if you're scum.

At any rate, I feel like we're through the looking glass here, people. Stop trying to talk yourselves into a Lowell lynch just because I annoy you, and make the smart play.

I would argue that you as scum would be trying to push statistic to try and lynch a townie.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:58 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1247, chilledtea wrote:If I get taken out then remember to go through my ISO, there are some conversations with garmr and boon that you guys will find interesting.

Spoiler: CT on Garmr
In post 609, chilledtea wrote:I also didn't really like Garmr's subtly coming in and saying he liked Lowell's lynch, but was okay with Madonna's lynch. He never participated in the lynch.

Also, I am sorry for giving only 12 hours. I have learnt that these games have to be played with way more patience than what I originally anticipated.

In post 656, chilledtea wrote:
In post 654, Garmr wrote:
In post 609, chilledtea wrote:I also didn't really like Garmr's subtly coming in and
saying he liked Lowell's lynch
, but was okay with Madonna's lynch. He never participated in the lynch.

Also, I am sorry for giving only 12 hours. I have learnt that these games have to be played with way more patience than what I originally anticipated.

In post 614, chilledtea wrote:I didn't like lowell much on day 1. He needs to contribute a lot more. I can get a clearer read on him.

All he did was "lynch this guy".

Incidentally Madonna read Lowell as town. So there was no manipulation involved there.
Not saying that makes Lowell town, but I will give him a chance. Let him come and put forward his ideas regarding the game.

At the moment my vote would be on either texcat or goodlordwill. Since texcat already has a vote on her, I will join the wagon.

VOTE: texcat

In post 629, chilledtea wrote:
Something seems wrong about this.

Like I can't put my finger on it. Something just seems wrong about reading the contradiction, saying that one of lowell and madonna are scum, and then voting madonna by giving the contradiction as a reason.

Why are you voting lowell now?

In post 636, chilledtea wrote:VOTE:

VOTE: Lowell

This guy still hasn't answered my question. I will park my vote on him for some time.

These actions don't compute. He is passively giving excuses not to vote lowell but then puts his vote on lowell for not answering a question something is not right.

You are reading too much into it.

Texcat came and defended herself so I removed the vote and parked it on lowell temporarily.

You are making it sound like lowell is scum and I am his partner bussing him or something. I can assure you that this lowell wagon is almost rvs-worty on day 2.

In post 702, chilledtea wrote:
In post 701, Garmr wrote:
In post 700, chilledtea wrote:
In post 696, texcat wrote:
In post 662, chilledtea wrote:
In post 659, Garmr wrote:@chilledtea
Why did you change your vote on texcat to lowell? You are building a case on Texcat (post 629) and then you suddenly shifted to lowell. Why is lowell scummy to you and why did you drop your case on tex and do nothing to push lowell after dropping it?

All of this happened a few hours ago.

The vote change was mostly because texcat was on L-4 at the time and seemed intent on defending herself. Lowell was nowhere to be seen. So I voted lowell. I mean I indicate as such by calling it vote parking.

I realize that Garmr already pursued this, but this post just stands out to me as scum yelling, "I'm just going for an easy lynch, I don't care who actually gets the rope."

Hmm. What do you think is the chance of lowell getting lynched because of this particular wagon?

Also, you are scum.

VOTE: Chilledtea
I was considering what you since I wasn't really happy with your answer. But this shows you only backed off texcat because she was defending herself not because you town read her.

Lol.

What are the chances of lowell or texcat being lynched? Why don't you answer that question instead?

In post 704, chilledtea wrote:Garmr and texcat are both scum.

Both are giving bs reasons as explanations.

I specifically said

In post 630, chilledtea wrote:Shouldn't you be more sure of Lowell being town if one of lowell and madonna were scum and you had read madonna's contradiction?

In post 633, chilledtea wrote:I mean, can a person miss something like that? I caught it immediately and thought that was a very good catch by you. Even though it turned out to be that Madonna is town.

I guess it is not something we can verify at the moment.

This guy still hasn't answered my question. I will park my vote on him for some time.

Where did I specify that texcat is town? I never did.

In post 709, chilledtea wrote:Look, I don't tolerate bs reasons.

I realize that Garmr already pursued this, but this post just stands out to me as scum yelling, "I'm just going for an easy lynch, I don't care who actually gets the rope."

This is completely and utterly nonsense. No one is going for a lynch with lowell wagon. Texcat is making up reasons over here, nothing else. She is scum.
Also, something like this for changing one vote? From texcat at the beginning to lowell after the interrogation with texcat. Really? Jumping wagons are you serious?

In post 743, chilledtea wrote:
In post 742, Boonskiies wrote:Garmr, if you and texcat are scum together, bus your buddy now please. Texcat is scum, we can lynch you tomorrow instead of today, okay? See, if you think about it, I'm actually protecting you.

Chilled, if texcat flips town, I'm coming hard after you tomorrow.

Then go for garmr. You already think that garmr is bussing texcat.

I also think garmr is scum. Expedience thinks that texcat is always like this.

If texcat is town, then how am I supposed to know that? Frankly if I wasn't town reading you, I would have thought that this post is some kind of a "I know texcat is town, lets lynch her and then blame ctea for it".

What do you think? Want to go for garmr then? If garmr is town I will take responsibility for it.

In post 772, chilledtea wrote:
In post 770, Garmr wrote:
In post 769, chilledtea wrote:My top two would be garmr, texcat. The third one isn't very strong - but if needed lowell.

Can I ask why you think I am scum and it better not be because I voted you.

You nitpicked my playstyle. If I don't ask more questions to texcat I am scum.

I absolutely cannot see that as reasonable from any angle. The discussion that was going on had something to do with the fact that texcat voted Madonna while giving similar reasons to Sakura on day 1. I found it fishy and decided to start the day with the vote on her. The situation reached a stalemate because she said she didn't notice Sakura Hana's reasons earlier on during day 1 and only saw it when she was going through Madonna's ISO. There was no way to verify this, so I stopped and decided to focus my attention to lowell. One of the ways I do it is by using my vote - anyone at that point using an argument that I was jumping wagons is a very big scumspect in my eyes. While I don't think you did that, texcat did.

Your argument that the only reason I could have removed my vote from texcat at the very early start of day 2 is because I town read her is wrong. It wasn't just a simple unvote - it was a transfer of vote to lowell.

By the way, I am pretty sure that among the few people who did try to engage lowell today, I was one of them.

Your vote hasn't got much to do with this.

In post 1216, chilledtea wrote:Take a good look at this list :

{dierfire, lowell, boonskiies, garmr}

This is very important. Scum might be outside it but there definitely is inside it, at least 2. There is a very small chance that garmr is not scum but remember there was no kill on night 1. I always KNEW boon was scum I was buddying him so that I could try and block another kill jesus christ guys, you should know that scum always try to out the doctor/jk when they are getting lynched and when they know there is a protective role.

In post 1241, chilledtea wrote:
In post 1240, Dierfire wrote:In your initial response to Boon's claim that I quoted above, and in several of your responses recently, you seem to be saying that your plan was not to counter the claim because you thought that your role was more valuable concealed. Initially, your response was even to allow Boon to survive the day (in favor of lynching Garmr). What has changed since then that you absolutely needed to convince Expedience and mhsmith0 that Boon is Mafia now, today?

There was a chance that sakura might have got lynched and sakura was starting to think that boon might be the one who stopped the kill. She might have taken someone else out with the vengekill not to mention that if boon is vengekilled he might be allowed another night action, I am not sure how it works.
If town is getting confused because the fact that there was no night kill, then I decided to take the confusion away. It is their loss at this point if I get NK'd. Boon was obvscum even without the fact that he claimed JOAT/JK. It is very common to claim doctor/JK when you are scum, and know there is a protective role and expose him.

Initially I wanted garmr out and then block boon - at least that attitude lead to boon claiming JOAT/JK and revealing himself as scum to the rest of the town. Also, if you notice boon never got on garmr's wagon. He considered garmr as possible scum but never got on his wagon.

If someone wants to make a solid case for Garmr as town I'll listen, but all of this is good enough for me. I'll dig into Exp vs Garmr more later on, but between this stuff and the mechanical 50-50 odds of Garmr being the N1 shooter, I think this is the right lynch for today.
VOTE: Garmr
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

VoteCount 4.2With 8 players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

heuristically_alone (0):

Riabi (0):

Lowell (3):
texcat, heuristically_alone, Garmr
(L-2)

mhsmith0 (1):
Riabi
texcat (0):

Garmr (2):
Lowell, mhsmith0 (L-3)
Dierfire (0):

ToastyToast (0):

Not Voting (2):
ToastyToast, Dierfire,

The deadline is in
(expired on 2016-05-03 17:00:00)

NOTES:
None
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1561, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 1247, chilledtea wrote:If I get taken out then remember to go through my ISO, there are some conversations with garmr and boon that you guys will find interesting.

Spoiler: CT on Garmr
In post 609, chilledtea wrote:I also didn't really like Garmr's subtly coming in and saying he liked Lowell's lynch, but was okay with Madonna's lynch. He never participated in the lynch.

In post 656, chilledtea wrote:
In post 654, Garmr wrote:
In post 609, chilledtea wrote:I also didn't really like Garmr's subtly coming in and
saying he liked Lowell's lynch
, but was okay with Madonna's lynch. He never participated in the lynch.

In post 614, chilledtea wrote:I didn't like lowell much on day 1. He needs to contribute a lot more. I can get a clearer read on him.

All he did was "lynch this guy".

Incidentally Madonna read Lowell as town. So there was no manipulation involved there.
Not saying that makes Lowell town, but I will give him a chance. Let him come and put forward his ideas regarding the game.

At the moment my vote would be on either texcat or goodlordwill. Since texcat already has a vote on her, I will join the wagon.

In post 629, chilledtea wrote:
Something seems wrong about this.

Like I can't put my finger on it. Something just seems wrong about reading the contradiction, saying that one of lowell and madonna are scum, and then voting madonna by giving the contradiction as a reason.

Why are you voting lowell now?

These actions don't compute. He is passively giving excuses not to vote lowell but then puts his vote on lowell for not answering a question something is not right.

You are reading too much into it.

Texcat came and defended herself so I removed the vote and parked it on lowell temporarily.

You are making it sound like lowell is scum and I am his partner bussing him or something. I can assure you that this lowell wagon is almost rvs-worty on day 2.

In post 702, chilledtea wrote:
In post 701, Garmr wrote:
In post 700, chilledtea wrote:
In post 696, texcat wrote:
In post 662, chilledtea wrote:
In post 659, Garmr wrote:@chilledtea
Why did you change your vote on texcat to lowell? You are building a case on Texcat (post 629) and then you suddenly shifted to lowell. Why is lowell scummy to you and why did you drop your case on tex and do nothing to push lowell after dropping it?

All of this happened a few hours ago.

The vote change was mostly because texcat was on L-4 at the time and seemed intent on defending herself. Lowell was nowhere to be seen. So I voted lowell. I mean I indicate as such by calling it vote parking.

Hmm. What do you think is the chance of lowell getting lynched because of this particular wagon?

Also, you are scum.

VOTE: Chilledtea
I was considering what you since I wasn't really happy with your answer. But this shows you only backed off texcat because she was defending herself not because you town read her.

Lol.

What are the chances of lowell or texcat being lynched? Why don't you answer that question instead?

In post 704, chilledtea wrote:Garmr and texcat are both scum.

Both are giving bs reasons as explanations.

I specifically said

In post 630, chilledtea wrote:Shouldn't you be more sure of Lowell being town if one of lowell and madonna were scum and you had read madonna's contradiction?

In post 633, chilledtea wrote:I mean, can a person miss something like that? I caught it immediately and thought that was a very good catch by you. Even though it turned out to be that Madonna is town.

I guess it is not something we can verify at the moment.

Where did I specify that texcat is town? I never did.

In post 709, chilledtea wrote:Look, I don't tolerate bs reasons.

This is completely and utterly nonsense. No one is going for a lynch with lowell wagon. Texcat is making up reasons over here, nothing else. She is scum.
Also, something like this for changing one vote? From texcat at the beginning to lowell after the interrogation with texcat. Really? Jumping wagons are you serious?

In post 743, chilledtea wrote:
In post 742, Boonskiies wrote:Garmr, if you and texcat are scum together, bus your buddy now please. Texcat is scum, we can lynch you tomorrow instead of today, okay? See, if you think about it, I'm actually protecting you.

Chilled, if texcat flips town, I'm coming hard after you tomorrow.

Then go for garmr. You already think that garmr is bussing texcat.

I also think garmr is scum. Expedience thinks that texcat is always like this.

If texcat is town, then how am I supposed to know that? Frankly if I wasn't town reading you, I would have thought that this post is some kind of a "I know texcat is town, lets lynch her and then blame ctea for it".

What do you think? Want to go for garmr then? If garmr is town I will take responsibility for it.

In post 772, chilledtea wrote:
In post 770, Garmr wrote:
In post 769, chilledtea wrote:My top two would be garmr, texcat. The third one isn't very strong - but if needed lowell.

Can I ask why you think I am scum and it better not be because I voted you.

You nitpicked my playstyle. If I don't ask more questions to texcat I am scum.

I absolutely cannot see that as reasonable from any angle. The discussion that was going on had something to do with the fact that texcat voted Madonna while giving similar reasons to Sakura on day 1. I found it fishy and decided to start the day with the vote on her. The situation reached a stalemate because she said she didn't notice Sakura Hana's reasons earlier on during day 1 and only saw it when she was going through Madonna's ISO. There was no way to verify this, so I stopped and decided to focus my attention to lowell. One of the ways I do it is by using my vote - anyone at that point using an argument that I was jumping wagons is a very big scumspect in my eyes. While I don't think you did that, texcat did.

Your argument that the only reason I could have removed my vote from texcat at the very early start of day 2 is because I town read her is wrong. It wasn't just a simple unvote - it was a transfer of vote to lowell.

By the way, I am pretty sure that among the few people who did try to engage lowell today, I was one of them.

Your vote hasn't got much to do with this.

In post 1216, chilledtea wrote:Take a good look at this list :

{dierfire, lowell, boonskiies, garmr}

This is very important. Scum might be outside it but there definitely is inside it, at least 2. There is a very small chance that garmr is not scum but remember there was no kill on night 1. I always KNEW boon was scum I was buddying him so that I could try and block another kill jesus christ guys, you should know that scum always try to out the doctor/jk when they are getting lynched and when they know there is a protective role.

In post 1241, chilledtea wrote:
In post 1240, Dierfire wrote:In your initial response to Boon's claim that I quoted above, and in several of your responses recently, you seem to be saying that your plan was not to counter the claim because you thought that your role was more valuable concealed. Initially, your response was even to allow Boon to survive the day (in favor of lynching Garmr). What has changed since then that you absolutely needed to convince Expedience and mhsmith0 that Boon is Mafia now, today?

There was a chance that sakura might have got lynched and sakura was starting to think that boon might be the one who stopped the kill. She might have taken someone else out with the vengekill not to mention that if boon is vengekilled he might be allowed another night action, I am not sure how it works.
If town is getting confused because the fact that there was no night kill, then I decided to take the confusion away. It is their loss at this point if I get NK'd. Boon was obvscum even without the fact that he claimed JOAT/JK. It is very common to claim doctor/JK when you are scum, and know there is a protective role and expose him.

Initially I wanted garmr out and then block boon - at least that attitude lead to boon claiming JOAT/JK and revealing himself as scum to the rest of the town. Also, if you notice boon never got on garmr's wagon. He considered garmr as possible scum but never got on his wagon.

If someone wants to make a solid case for Garmr as town I'll listen, but all of this is good enough for me. I'll dig into Exp vs Garmr more later on, but between this stuff and the mechanical 50-50 odds of Garmr being the N1 shooter, I think this is the right lynch for today.
VOTE: Garmr

So what your voting me for is a percentage chance that I'm scum which I have proven worthless and a argument between me chilled tea where I debunked most his points.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

You've proven it worthless? You've certainly STATED that it's worthless but I must have missed the proof part.

As far as ct goes, I find his points kind of notable,me specially since we now know he's town. Feel free to re-debunk them though if you think it productive. Barring a much better lynch argument popping up, you're where I'm at.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Lowell »

@tex- yeah I can't defend that D1 bullshit on boon. I mentioned this already. All I'll say is what I said before, I damn well wouldn't be the last man on the titanic defending boon were I his scumbuddy. It's WIFOM to say that, but your post, above, was basically a mathematical certainty after that miss by me so there's no reason I'd risk it.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1564, mhsmith0 wrote:You've proven it worthless? You've certainly STATED that it's worthless but I must have missed the proof part.

As far as ct goes, I find his points kind of notable,me specially since we now know he's town. Feel free to re-debunk them though if you think it productive. Barring a much better lynch argument popping up, you're where I'm at.

That logic is horrible exp thought boon was town and his a dead townie.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:03 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 276, Lowell wrote:Hey I found one.

VOTE: mhsmith

In ISO, this guy reads a little too "unfrozen caveman lawyer" for my liking. A lot of "I was under the impression..." and "Am I off-base about..."s, like he's asking permission to play the way he wants. Also he's weirdly sensitive about pushing people to L-2. Which, on D1 especially, is a dumb thing to be sensitive about.

Also, boon is town. Am I persuaded of this just because of his obnoxious multi-posts? Yes, yes I am.

Gives a shit reason to town read boon skies.

In post 985, Lowell wrote:I've had mild townvibes on boon from nearly the beginning, but his reaction to even a modicum of pressure is scummy as anything. I don't even remember what the original case was, but at this point I don't care.

VOTE: boon

Goes ages with out mentioning boon skies but as soon as boon is called out he is quick to vote him when boon is in trouble.
In post 998, Boonskiies wrote:
I actually believe Garmr's vote was the most opportunistic,
so I want to say scum is

Sakura/Garmr/Toasty.

I can see Almost being frustrating town, and I've been town reading Lowell. This makes sense to me.

In post 1011, Lowell wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: garmr

It is true that I'm shamelessly sheeping here. But I want a lynch and am bored, and I never miss a chance too look scummy for some reason. Come to think of it I remember playing a game with garmr recently in which he was pretty helpful and good... in this game I've forgotten he's here entirely. So that's a bad sign.

In post 1036, Lowell wrote:VOTE: sakura

I won't be happy until I've voted everyone! I don't have a case here, other than I believe boon and have strong townvibes on exp. So sure let's make this happen.

We know scum have day talk here it's pretty funny how lowell seems to coordinate with boon. I can easily see scum deciding whether to vote between me and sakura at this stage of the game and decided to settle on sakura.

In post 1565, Lowell wrote:@tex- yeah I can't defend that D1 bullshit on boon. I mentioned this already. All I'll say is what I said before, I damn well wouldn't be the last man on the titanic defending boon were I his scumbuddy. It's WIFOM to say that, but your post, above, was basically a mathematical certainty after that miss by me so there's no reason I'd risk it.

Just looking from lowell iso we can tell he wasn't massively defending boon like he wants us to believe. This seems like a poor attempt to distance himself away from his lynched scum buddy.
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:55 pm

Post by Riabi »

In post 1564, mhsmith0 wrote:

What's your take on the case against Lowell? Does it have merit to you?
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:19 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Hey guys--busy weekend. I'll be caught up on Monday
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:53 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

Prodding heuristically_alone
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:13 am

Post by texcat »

mhsmith, What is your opinion of Lowell?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

@texcat: Re:
1) I definitely get the argument that boon's actions on day 1 are plausible protecting a buddy, but I also think it's possible that he just was told to STFU and not hammer a townie by his wolf-buddies. As a mafia PR, it's important for him not to get lynched early on. So while I'd consider it a point of suspicion, I wouldn't necessarily consider it damning given boon's role.

2) Lowell trying to draw a PR claim may be a fair point. Definitely not a positive. OTOH he did comment on that at , so that may at least plausibly be a reasonable explanation.

3) 1034-1036 is a somewhat selective reading of Lowell. 1034 and 1036 came after boon's PR claim; I'm not sure it's unreasonable for him to react that way in the situation. was an interesting vote. It's plausible giving up on a wolf-buddy, getting in on a wagon that was going down regardless... but it's also very plausible town process on reading boon.

Overall, I'm not strongly against a Lowell lynch. I think Garmr is a better lynch, though.
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by heuristically_alone »

Turned into busy crazy weekend. Tomorrow I will catch up and put back lots of focus.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:38 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1572, mhsmith0 wrote:@texcat: Re:
1) I definitely get the argument that boon's actions on day 1 are plausible protecting a buddy, but I also think it's possible that he just was told to STFU and not hammer a townie by his wolf-buddies. As a mafia PR, it's important for him not to get lynched early on. So while I'd consider it a point of suspicion, I wouldn't necessarily consider it damning given boon's role.

2) Lowell trying to draw a PR claim may be a fair point. Definitely not a positive. OTOH he did comment on that at , so that may at least plausibly be a reasonable explanation.

3) 1034-1036 is a somewhat selective reading of Lowell. 1034 and 1036 came after boon's PR claim; I'm not sure it's unreasonable for him to react that way in the situation. was an interesting vote. It's plausible giving up on a wolf-buddy, getting in on a wagon that was going down regardless... but it's also very plausible town process on reading boon.

Overall, I'm not strongly against a Lowell lynch. I think Garmr is a better lynch, though.

Sounds like absolute bullshit reasoning to hold off on a lowell lynch and go back onto it if you change you mind. There isn't a case on me other than some bullshit statistic which in the end means nothing. Also the fact you started supporting chilled teas subpar case against me now instead of when chilled posted, it comes across like you are scrambling for a reason to lynch me thinking maybe you could pull off a mislynch today.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”