Newbie 320 - Berry Village Mafia V (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:35 am

Post by remussaidow »

"/confirm"
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:35 am

Post by remussaidow »

hey, that was a copy paste, it should have italicized!
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:36 am

Post by remussaidow »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:/confirm

We're lynching remussaidow Day 1, btb.
CES, is that even legal?

Off point, are you Aeneas on a different site on a game that Shea is running?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by remussaidow »

vote: CES

For trying to pregame lynch me. Seriously dude, was that even legal?

Peter, you don't actually haveto sign your posts.

Eldarion, you waited how long from saying that you were keeping your vote on and then for no good reason, not even a post by the person you were voting before you dropped it? That recieves an FOS. Two and half hours... On a thread forum game... Really isn't that long at all.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by remussaidow »

oh, I'm just saying. I've been on boards that you do have to sign the posts because you're name is not displayed. Its not inherently illegal to do that here, its just not required.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:48 am

Post by remussaidow »

Game started when, last night? Theres no need for a prod on Caddock yet, he might not even have gotten to the site since then.

GL, in the random voting stage, a non-random but poorly justified joke is much more useful. A random vote, people shrug off. However, I gave a reason for a non-significant vote and made it seemed like I cared about it (as I did know that it was a joke), and have thus gained valuable information based upon the reactions of everyone.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:59 am

Post by remussaidow »

the information is written plainly on the thread, for it is not my response that I am looking for but everyone elses.

My vote is already cast. It will stay cast until someone acts scummy enough to remove it and place a vote upon them.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by remussaidow »

GreenLiquid wrote:Any votes during the random vote stage shouldn't appear as true attacks. They are merely used to jump-start the game and gather reactions. If you do get two random votes, it is not something to worry about: remember, they are baseless, and there most likely isn't any argument against you at that point.

The way remussaidow responds to CES' pre-game comment strikes me as very scummy. Reacting in that way is a pretty strong tell. In addition, it looks more so scummy when he begins 'attacking' other players (I use this term loosely, but you can see that he does say things towards some others). I'm not entirely sure he's scum at this point, but it's the best lead I can find:

Vote: remussaidow

Green Liquid, your post is a contradiction in and of itself. You point out that the random voting stage has no meaning, yet you vote me for a vote placed during this stage in the game.

The point though, Peter, to me sitting on information, as you put it (which I still don't think that I did) is to give everyone time to form their own opinions. It is a very bad idea to run along behind an analyst and use his posts as the basis for your votes. I did this in newbie 300, behind SV, and he ended up being scum. I say this right now so that everyone here will formulate his or her own opinions on the game.

For now I will
unvote
because I am reasonably sure that CES is town at this point. I also am reasonably sure the Peter is town. Green Liquid I am rather concerned about because of the contradiction that I pointed out in my openening quote. Eldarion, my comments were neither vague nor grandoise. The information I was using to base my conclusions on is written plainly in the thread. Nocmen, I didn't flip out, I am perfectly calm.

To all of you, think about it. I responded to CES's joke with a... Joke. However everyone says that his was obviously a joke, and that mine is obviously a scum tell. That really makes no sense.

I can't comment on Caddock because as of yet I have not seen him post in thread.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:25 pm

Post by remussaidow »

umm....

Did caddock ever confirm?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by remussaidow »

you know what

go ahead and lynch me.

I'm not scum, I haven't been all game, and since when did blatant OMGUS's as first votes start being scum tells?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by remussaidow »

I'm being attacked, and you're expecting me not to be defensive. I never switch votes quickly. Ever. Show me where I switched votes quickly. I voted for...

ONE person. thats not a switch in votes.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:49 pm

Post by remussaidow »

Peter, I went back to the first page and looked for caddock's confirm. I didn't see it. I'm going to look again for his post that he confirmed again, but in the meantime if someone could quote it for me, that would be helpful.

Also, more game related- FOS Nocmen and GL for thinking it odd that I attack two people out of one post. On day one, this is a town oriented action.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:50 pm

Post by remussaidow »

yeah, I don't think Caddock ever post /confirmed.

Bolded so berry will notice.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:15 pm

Post by remussaidow »

When I figure out why I got bandwagoned- twice- to lynch -1, for a pretty townie based action...

yes. But until then, I really don't have any coherent thoughts.

As I said, I think that you and CES are town. I don't think that a scum would take his vote off when he realized that he dropped me to lynch -1. I honestly think that GL is scum for the reasons I mentioned above for my FOSing him, but almost every point is a really weak tell. And two really weak tells doesn't mean much at all.

Though, completely unimportant to the game, my username breaks down to remus said ow, so the name part of it is remus, not remu.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:21 am

Post by remussaidow »

we're a little past the randoming stage NaR (hope you don't mind if I shorten it), so would you happen to have any particular reasoning behind that vote?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #15) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by remussaidow »

no vote is truly random CES. Whether its because the die told you so.

or because the christmashat wearing pet from futurama ticked him off, there is a reason.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:34 am

Post by remussaidow »

Ideal situation, ranger? how would that have been an ideal situation.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:26 am

Post by remussaidow »

see, now thats a scum mindset.

Town lynches town today, we're in a lynch or lose tomorrow, bad position for town. And if we quick lynch today, we don't even have any discussion to go on. thus, since that is not what the town wants, the town is in a very bad position.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by remussaidow »

Ranger, swearing on your mother's grave won't get you anywhere in this game. (1) we don't even know if your mother has a grave (not meant to give offense, I swear)

(2) if she does have a grave, you're either going to {a}get yourself lynched everytime you don't swear on her grave, or {b} damn your mothers grave quite often. Not sure how that will look, but then that's an outside of game factor and one thats really none of my business.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:07 pm

Post by remussaidow »

ghost busters?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:03 pm

Post by remussaidow »

it wouldn't be covering up. Who do you think is scum?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:31 am

Post by remussaidow »

why don't you?
negligible pink of suspicion: CES for getting my name wrong (NOTE: THIS IS A JOKE)
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #22) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:44 am

Post by remussaidow »

no, but then, my vote isn't dependent on what's fun either.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #23) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:21 pm

Post by remussaidow »

Peter, read my entire post. It's the negligible pinky of suspicious, it doesn't count.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by remussaidow »

*sigh*

That's not really the point of the game, you know.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #25) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:46 pm

Post by remussaidow »

and its also a bad play, no matter who you are. See, if you claim scum, you either screw up the town (if you are actually town) because then they lynch you and it was a townie lynch. If messes up the scum (if you are scum) because you just stranded your partner and the only reason to strand your partner is if you're trying to lose.
and its not even like you could be a jester.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by remussaidow »

yeah.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:21 am

Post by remussaidow »

Calling yourself mafia in no way shape or form ever helps town. That being said, you are now only helping mafia. Since I don't having friends of scum confusing the town, I'm gonna have to
vote: now a ranger

also, its because you attempted to defend your idiotic actions, and you didn't even say anything at all/
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #28) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:22 am

Post by remussaidow »

the only people who want to get to night, Ranger, are scum.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #29) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:27 am

Post by remussaidow »

no, I don't. Getting to nighttime only benefits 2 people in this game if there isn't much disscusion day one.

The two scums.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #30) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:44 am

Post by remussaidow »

all in favor of peter's last statement, say aye!

AYE!
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #31) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:13 am

Post by remussaidow »

and if you're dead, you shouldn't be posting.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #32) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:22 am

Post by remussaidow »

Aye. My vote would have come off of you, Ranger, had you ever acted like a townie.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #33) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:35 am

Post by remussaidow »

Blackberry wrote:
RULES

[*] Once you are dead, you may no longer post.
cut for relevancy. Ranger. You're dead, stop posting.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #34) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:41 am

Post by remussaidow »

oh, hey, this is unlocked now...
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #35) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:09 am

Post by remussaidow »

fos: CES
I admit, Ranger was a misplay. However, he would have been far more dangerous had we mislynched someone else and he was still alive. The way he threw around votes like they meant nothing, the two scum could have just waited until he ca st one on a townie and then polished off the game.

That being said, I think that, unfortunately for us townies, scum made the best possible choice last night, as GL seemed to be our only active IC and not only that but the only really thinking through his moves.

Now, I think that CES is scum. I don't really know who the other is, but my gut instinct tells me its Eldarion. I don't have any evidence on him at all, except his current lurkiness, so I'm not FoSing him. Both of them have lurked, and CES has posted very little content. Content free posting is a scum tell.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #36) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:12 am

Post by remussaidow »

I wasn't refreshing because I was typing (and then subsequently forgot to hit the "Subit button")
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #37) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by remussaidow »

Peter and CES, CES especially, since Peter just ran with your first statement, there really is no good reason for a WIFOM discussion there. At all.

And Also, CES, you just used WIFOM to try and clear yourself. Defend yourself against this scumtell.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #38) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by remussaidow »

yes, we are. That doesn't mean that the remaining IC should start a WIFOM.

Talking about what WIFOM is is fine, actually engaging in WIFOM is not.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #39) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by remussaidow »

I'm attacking CES peter, not you.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #40) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:45 pm

Post by remussaidow »

yes, I can understand it. Especially in this point in the game though, we definiately don't want to be helping scum by distracting ourselves with things like wifom.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #41) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by remussaidow »

You're logic is faulty Nocmen. Saying that theres a doubt in your mind about the scumminess of CES means just about nothing about how likely I am to be scum. Because liklihoods are not certainties.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #42) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by remussaidow »

eldarion, please point me to your accusation, I don't know where it is.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #43) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:19 pm

Post by remussaidow »

remussaidow wrote:the information is written plainly on the thread, for it is not my response that I am looking for but everyone elses.

My vote is already cast. It will stay cast until someone acts scummy enough to remove it and place a vote upon them.
I assume that you are basically talking about this post?

I have no defense for it. It shouldn't require defense. Stating something, and then gleaning information out of the posted reactions, shouldn't be scummy. Saying that I was using information that was plainly in the thread shouldn't be scummy. That's basically why I don't think that your attacks are well founded.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #44) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:41 am

Post by remussaidow »

Oddly CES, that is the same reason I'm not voting for you.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #45) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:51 am

Post by remussaidow »

theres only two people in the game who currently can know who clearly to vote for. and only one person who shouldn't consider voting for CES.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #46) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by remussaidow »

No, Eldarion, it doesn't do any of those. Try reading my posts. Actually reading it. There are two scums. They vote for whoever whoever gets a townie vote on him. That's pretty clear right there. Only one person shouldn't be considering voting CES. CES himself, since only he and (possibly his scum partner {who, should he exist, should consider voting CES should it come down to that, but thats beside the point}). There is no logical fallacy in simple truths, sorry.

Now, Peter. I should have addressed this before, except I hadn't quite realized what you were saying. If it should be clear who the town should be voting for, are you voting?
I do not believe so.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #47) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by remussaidow »

No, the point you're trying to make is assuming that I'm scum. Since I'm NOT, your point is not valid.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #48) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by remussaidow »

How do I know that that is truthful?

Maybe the scum both know that almost everytime that a second vote in this situation is placed, that person is usually scum.

Or maybe I do know that he is scum. And I'm now trying to figure out who his partner is, because his successful lynch today still leaves the town in a lynch or lose. Stop to consider the whole game, not just the long run.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #49) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by remussaidow »

not just the short game*

not long run.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #50) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by remussaidow »

vote: nocmen

Second vote in this situation has been scum in every game I've read and played. I wanted to try and see who your partner might be, Nocmen, but now, unless its CES or Peter, (which leaves only eldarion, so he's my only "confirmed" innocent) I guess town's stuck if they vote me. Since I'm lynch -1, I'm a vanilla townie. That's my roleclaim.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #51) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by remussaidow »

never lie.

Congrats town you...
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #52) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by remussaidow »

lost
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #53) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by remussaidow »

oh, it really was a vanilla game. No fair...
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #54) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by remussaidow »

I think C9 should change so that there is at least one town power role, and sometimes 2

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”