Teleportation Mafia Universe ONE (MAFIA A WINS!)

zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Teleportation Mafia Universe ONE (MAFIA A WINS!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:27 am

Post by zorastermod »

THIS IS UNIVERSE ONE

Game Ends: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 84#2211684

Alive in this Universe
  1. Starbuck
  2. Phate
    gayle

3. mykonian
  4. DTMaster
    springlullaby
Dead in this Universe

Albert B. Rampage
infinis
the Town (1) Townie was lynched

DrippingGoofball the Town (1) Across the Universe Mason was killed

popsofctown the Mafia A Goon was Lynched

elvis_knits the Town (1) Teleporter was killed

Hoopla
flareonage

farside22the Town (1) Townie was killed

SpyreX
Raskol

Ojanen the Town (1) Teleporter was killed

DeathRowKitty the Mafia B Goon was Lynched

FishytheFish the Town (1) Townie was killed

Ellibereth the Mafia B Goon was killed

CSL
ace5993

Haylen the Town (2) Townie was killed

Teleportation Events

Night 1:
Ellibereth has entered this universe
(Link).
Night 1:
Plum has exited this universe
(Link).
Day 2:
Maelynhas entered this universe
(Link).
Day 3:
Rhinox has exited this universe
(Link.)
Night 3:
Starbuck entered this universe
(Link.)
Day 4:
springlullaby entered this universe
(Link.)
Night 4:
DeathRowKitty has entered this universe
(Link.)

Other Events

Day 1: Game Begins
Day 1: Albert B. Rampage replaces Infinis
Day 1: CSL replaces ace5993
Day 1: Hoopla replaces Flareonage
Day 1: Albert B. Rampage was Lynched
Night 1: DrippingGoofball was killed
Day 2: popsofctown was lynched
Night 2: elvis_knits was killed
Day 3: Haylen replaces Maelyn
Day 3: Hoopla was lynched
Night 3: SpyreX replaces Raskol
Night 4: farside22 was killed
Day 4: SpyreX was Lynched
Night 4: Ojanen was killed
Day 5: DTMaster replaces springlullaby
Day 5: Universe 2 Wins.
Day 5: DeathRowKitty was lynched
Night 5:FishytheFish and Ellibereth were killed
Night 6: Haylen was killed
Day 7: GAME ENDS
Last edited by zorastermod on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 60 times in total.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:42 am

Post by zorastermod »

Setup:
Universe 1:
1-shot Mafia A Teleporter
Mafia A Goons x 2
Town 1 Teleporter
Across the Universe Mason
Vanilla Townies x 10

Universe 2:
1-shot Mafia B Teleporter
Mafia B Goons x 2
Town 2 Teleporter
Across the Universe Mason
Vanilla Townies x 10

Teleportation Mafia Rules:
1. You may only speak in the universe you are currently alive in.
2. If at any time a player receives a majority of the vote, they are lynched.
3. Each day has a deadline of 2 weeks. If the deadline is reached, there will be no lynch.
4. All nights last precisely 48 hours. Any actions not given within this time will be seen as “no action.”
5. Night begins precisely when the majority vote post falls or the deadline is reached.
6. In the case of a conflict between actions between universes, the universe that exits night first will have all their actions performed first.
7. A mafia’s teleport will be considered to be done the instant the PM is sent.
8. One town may get "ahead" of another town by lynching quickly. This may or may not be helpful.

Clarifications and Corrections:
1. In any given 3 consecutive night choices, a teleporter must have pulled once and teleported twice. So T,T,P,T,T is allowed, but T,T,P,P,T,T is not.
2. Unsuccessful teleports/pulls do not count for the ratio.
3. A town teleporter that is teleported or pulled into the other universe becomes a vanilla townie in that universe and does not retain the powers.
4. Yes, Mafia A and B are different teams and have win conditions that are antithetical to each other if they are in the same universe.
5. A mafia may shoot once per night in either universe they have someone alive in. This means that if Mafia has a person in Universes 1 and 2 and shoots someone on night 3 in universe 1, they cannot shoot someone in night 3 in universe 2. This is true even if one universe gets substantially ahead of the other.
6. The limitation on not being able to teleport someone if they were teleported or pulled the night before is meant to mean as follows: The LAST person to be teleported or pulled into your universe may not be teleported back.
7. Clarification Seven Regarding Simultaneous Night.
8. Teleporters cannot target themselves.
9. Clarification Nine about how mafia know who to kill.
10. Clarification Nine on when a game is Auto-Won and Locked.

General Rules:
1. Have fun.
2. All votes should be bolded. Unvotes are unnecessary.
3. Please put your vote at the beginning of a line. Votes in the middle of a line are very annoying and easily missed.
4. Don’t be a jerk. I reserve the right to remove any jerks.
5. I prod by request. You may request a prod at any time on anyone. That person will have 36 hours from when I send the PM to post in a substantive way.
6. All communication with the mod should be bolded.
7. There will be a quicktime for the dead.
8. Once one universe has been won, that game is frozen and the other universe may neither pull from nor teleport to that universe. The teleporter becomes a vanilla townie.
9. All night actions should be submitted to this account (zorastermod). The two mods using this account are Zoraster and Slicey.

Order of Actions:
1. New Teleporter is selected if old one was killed or teleported
2. Mafia Kill
3. Town Teleporting or Pulling
4. Mafia Teleporting or Pulling
5. New Teleporter is selected if old one was lynched or pulled.

*Note that this means that if a teleporter is killed, their action does not go through that night. Note that this new order now means that the new teleporter will now only be made aware she is the teleporter the next night. So If the teleporter dies on N1, the new teleporter will not be informed until N2.

Selection Method:
1. First, players will be put into their various universes, 15 in each. To do this, I will put players into 5 "pots," 6 players in each pot. Those players I think will drive the game the best, make it the most fun, etc. will be put into pot 1, pot 2 will be filled with the next 6, etc. I will then use random.org to play 3 people from each pot into each universe. For obvious reasons, I will not tell anyone who is in what pot. This will have no bearing on what roles any player receives, but is intended just to make sure that one universe isn't greatly more fun, experienced, etc. than another.
2. Once people are placed into their respective universes, I will use random.org to pair each player with their role.

Role PMs that START the game in Universe 1:

”Town Teleporter”You are the Town 1 Teleporter. You start the game in universe 1 that can be found here. Keep an eye on the other universe as it may come in handy. You can find that here

You have the power to either teleport or pull someone at night. You must pull once for every two teleports, and this can be done in any order (T,P,T - T,T,P - P,T,T).
Teleportation
targets another player in your universe and puts them into the other universe.
Pulling targets
another player in the other universe and puts them into your universe.
You may not teleport or pull someone who was teleported or pulled the previous night.
If you are killed, teleported, pulled or lynched, a random townie will take your place as teleporter. They will have to maintain the 1 pull to 2 teleport ratio.

Win condition: You win when the town that either you are currently in or dead in wins. That town wins when they have eliminated all Mafia within their universe. Once this has happened in a universe, the other universe may neither teleport to or pull from your universe.

Confirm in thread.

”Townie”You are a vanilla townie. You can’t do much except vote to rid your universe of mafia. You start the game in universe 1 that can be found here. Keep an eye on the other universe as it may come in handy. You can find that here.

Beware! You may be teleported to the other universe! If your towns current teleporter is killed, lynched, teleported, or pulled, you may be selected as the new teleporter.

Win condition: You win when the town that either you are currently in or died in wins. That town wins when they have eliminated all Mafia within their universe. Once this has happened in a universe, the other universe may neither teleport to or pull from your universe.

Confirm in thread.

”Across the Universe Mason”You are an Across the Universe Mason. You have a mason partner that starts in the other universe. You start the game in universe 1 that can be found here. Keep an eye on the other universe as it may come in handy. You can find that here.

Beware! You may be teleported to the other universe!

You may talk with your mason partner, day or night. You can find your quick time here: XXXXXX

Win condition: You win when the town that either you are currently in or died in wins. That town wins when they have eliminated all Mafia within their universe. Once this has happened in a universe, the other universe may neither teleport to or pull from your universe.

Confirm in thread.

”Mafia Teleporter”You are the Mafia A 1-shot teleporter. You start the game in universe 1 that can be found here. Keep an eye on the other universe as it may come in handy. You can find that here.

Once during the game, you may teleport a player away at night OR day, but they may only do this once during the game. You may not teleport yourself.
Teleportation
targets a player in your universe and puts them into the other universe.
Pulling targets
a player in the other universe and puts them into your universe.
You may not teleport or pull someone who was teleported or pulled the previous night.

As a member of the Mafia A team, you can talk at any time day or night, even across universes. Your quicktopic is found here: XXXXXXX

At night, your team may choose to shoot one person. You may shoot someone in any universe that your team has a player alive in.

Win condition: You win when your team wins in EITHER universe you are in. You win a universe when you have eliminated all other mafia team members and all townies within that universe.
DOUBLE win condition: You get the very rare and amazing DOUBLE WIN if you manage to achieve victory in BOTH universes. I will automatically nominate any mafia team that manages this for a scummy. Confirm in thread.

”Mafia Goon”You are the Mafia A Goon. You start the game in universe 1 that can be found here. Keep an eye on the other universe as it may come in handy. You can find that here.

As a member of the Mafia A team, you can talk at any time day or night, even across universes. Your quicktopic is found here: XXXXXXX

At night, your team may choose to shoot one person. You may shoot someone in any universe that your team has a player alive in.

Win condition: You win when your team wins in EITHER universe you are in. You win a universe when you have eliminated all other mafia team members and all townies within that universe.
DOUBLE win condition: You get the very rare and amazing DOUBLE WIN if you manage to achieve victory in BOTH universes. I will automatically nominate any mafia team that manages this for a scummy.

Confirm in thread.
Last edited by zorastermod on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:01 am, edited 9 times in total.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:40 am

Post by zorastermod »

Role PMs for this universe are out. I'll send out Universe 2 pms soon. Both games will begin at the same time.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Oh, as I do in all my games, I'd like to remind everyone to make sure they read the rules carefully and fully. I do take the rules seriously, and if there's any confusion, I'm more than happy to answer questions, especially when the game is still in pre-game. As the game goes on further, my ability to answer questions becomes more limited as I become afraid my answers may influence the game in way that a mod should not.

This includes, say, rule 6 on conflicts between towns as well as the role pms, both of which could be confusing.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by zorastermod »

HEAR YE HEAR YE: The game shall begin at 11am EST tomorrow (Monday). That will make the deadline exactly two weeks from that time.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:53 am

Post by zorastermod »

THE GAME BEGINS NOW.

Deadline: 2/8 11am EST

Day 1 Vote Count
ace5993 ( 0 )
DrippingGoofball ( 0 )
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
flareonage ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
infinis ( 0 )
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
plum ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Raskol ( 0 )
Rhinox ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 15 ) ace5993 DrippingGoofball elvis_knits evilsnail farside22 fishythefish flareonage gayle infinis mykonian ojanen plum popsofctown Raskol Rhinox
Total Votes ( 15 )

With 15 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
Deadline: 2/8 11am
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by zorastermod »

@mod: What are the conditions for the two towns to have gone into night at the same town?
I presume you mean at the same time. In order for two towns to enter night at the same time, they must end the day (either by deadline, hammer, or potentially mafia teleportation causing lynch) at the precise minute as recorded by Mafiascum.

In this event, where there are conflicting actions in a simultaneous night, it will be decided by order of action (see rules) first, and coin flip (random.org) second.

For example, assume T1 = town 1 teleporter, T2= town 2 teleporter , V1= vanilla in town 1, etc.

If at a simultaneous night, T1 pulls T2 and T2 pulls T1 and no other action gets in the way (e.g. mafia kill), a coin will be flipped to see whether T1 pulls first or T2 pulls first. If T1 pulls first, T2 becomes a vanilla townie and enters town 1 without performing that action.

Or... if T1 targets V1 to teleport, T2 pulls T1. Whether T1 manages to teleport V1 will depend on a coin flip between the two to see who goes first.

BUT if T1 targets V1 and Mafia A Teleporter targets T1, then V1 is teleported and THEN T1 is teleported (due to the order of actions).

Let me know if this needs to be elaborated further.

@mod: can a teleporter target themselves?
No.
Last edited by zorastermod on Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by zorastermod »

By the way, I just wanted to make sure everyone realized I had been adding any clarifying remarks I make in one game into a section called "Corrections and Clarifications" in the rules section of both games. For the most part these were all my intentions that I did not necessarily articulate well to begin with. Shame on me.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by zorastermod »

@modIt also means that, after the first two choices, the town teleporter will never have any choice about teleporting or pulling.
Correct. Once the pattern is set in a town, it is set for that teleporter and any other teleporter that comes along. I realize the role PM was not totally transparent as to that fact although it's always what I intended, so I apologize.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:54 am

Post by zorastermod »

And as a conclusion: Zoraster, you are seriously disappointing as a mod. Seriously, any strategy that comes up should have been thought about BEFORE the game was made. Changing rules during the game is not the way to go.
I haven't changed the rules to my knowledge with two exceptions: first, I changed the rules on order of actions right before the game started. Second, I technically changed the restriction of not being able to teleport or pull someone who was teleported or pulled the previous night to the LAST person teleported or pulled into the universe. The first was due to a breaking strategy that had to be fixed and was done so before the game was launched. The second because the first rule ignored the possibility that one town could teleport 4 people into the universe during the other town's day and lead to all 4 being unteleportable.

All of the other clarifications are not rule changes. Most are even explained or indicated at some other point in the rules or in the role PMs (e.g. clarification one on the order of teleports). Those that aren't were simply not considered beforehand, despite my every attempt to do so -- including, I should mention, getting comment on my game both in public (it has been repeatedly posted in both the Theme Test Market and Open Setup Discussion and in the the sign-up thread) as well as in private.

So I do apologize that I was not as clear as I should have been initially, and that disappoints me as well. But I have not attempted to change rules to address strategies discussed here. However, I have thought that flaws that come from some ambiguity in my rules should be addressed in a rule clarification.
Last edited by zorastermod on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:18 am

Post by zorastermod »

As Infinis has picked up neither his role PM nor the prod I sent him:
Albert B. Rampage replaces Infinis
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by zorastermod »

cancel that. Reckoner can't replace. searching for another
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by zorastermod »

CSL replaces ace5993
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Deadline in Less than FOUR days

Day 1 Vote Count
CSL ( 2 ) Rhinox ojanen
DrippingGoofball ( 4 ) mykonian Albert B. Rampage popsofctown fishythefish
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
flareonage ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
Albert B. Rampage ( 2 ) Raskol elvis_knits
mykonian ( 3 ) flareonage plum DrippingGoofball
ojanen ( 0 )
plum ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 2 ) gayle farside22
Raskol ( 1 ) evilsnail
Rhinox ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 1 ) CSL
Total Votes ( 15 )

zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Day 1 Vote Count
CSL ( 2 ) Rhinox ojanen
DrippingGoofball ( 4 ) mykonian Albert B. Rampage popsofctown fishythefish
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
flareonage ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
Albert B. Rampage ( 2 ) Raskol elvis_knits
mykonian ( 3 ) flareonage plum DrippingGoofball
ojanen ( 0 )
plum ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 2 ) gayle farside22
Raskol ( 1 ) evilsnail
Rhinox ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 1 ) CSL
Total Votes ( 15 )

Hoopla replaces Flareonage
Last edited by zorastermod on Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:14 am

Post by zorastermod »

Deadline in 2 days (at 11am EST on Monday).
[/size]

Day 1 Vote Count
CSL ( 2 ) ojanen fishythefish
DrippingGoofball ( 2 ) Albert B. Rampage plum
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 1 ) Raskol
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
Albert B. Rampage ( 6 ) gayle DrippingGoofball elvis_knits farside22 popsofctown CSL
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
plum ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 1 ) Hoopla
Raskol ( 2 ) evilsnail mykonian
Rhinox ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 1 ) Rhinox
Total Votes ( 15 )

Deadline: 2/8 11am EST
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Attention: Universe 2 has entered night.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Day 1 Vote Count
CSL ( 2 ) ojanen evilsnail
DrippingGoofball ( 1 ) Albert B. Rampage
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 1 ) Raskol
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
Albert B. Rampage ( 7 ) gayle elvis_knits farside22 popsofctown CSL fishythefish plum
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
plum ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 1 ) Hoopla
Raskol ( 1 ) mykonian
Rhinox ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 2 ) Rhinox DrippingGoofball
Total Votes ( 15 )

I think I'll just leave pops' vote where it is in the voting order.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (isolation #18) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Day 1 Vote Count
CSL ( 2 ) ojanen evilsnail
DrippingGoofball ( 1 ) Albert B. Rampage
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 1 ) Raskol
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
Albert B. Rampage ( 8 ) gayle elvis_knits farside22 popsofctown CSL fishythefish plum mykonian

mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
plum ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 1 ) Hoopla
Raskol ( 0 )
Rhinox ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 2 ) Rhinox DrippingGoofball
Total Votes ( 16 )

Albert B. Rampage the Town (1) Townie was lynched

It is now night. Night ends at 19:46 EST on Monday, Feb 8th.

All actions must be submitted by this point or they will be counted as "no action."
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Ellibereth has entered this universe
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Night 2 has ended.

DrippingGoofball the Town (1) Across the Universe Mason was killed

Plum has exited this universe

Day 2 Begins now. In order to keep things simple, I'll round the deadlines (but keep roughly the same distance between the two times):

The Deadline is February 22nd at 20:00 EST.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:33 am

Post by zorastermod »

Sorry for the delay on vote counts. They are now updated.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:40 am

Post by zorastermod »

Universe 2 has entered night
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:43 am

Post by zorastermod »

Day 2 Vote Count
CSL ( 2 ) Rhinox popsofctown
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 3 ) Raskol Ellibereth farside22
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 1 ) evilsnail
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 4 ) gayle Hoopla elvis_knits fishythefish
Raskol ( 0 )
Rhinox ( 2 ) ojanen mykonian
Not Voting ( 1 ) CSL
Total Votes ( 13 )

With 13 alive, 7 needed to lynch.
Deadline: Feb 22nd 19:00 EST
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (isolation #24) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:45 am

Post by zorastermod »

Maelyn has entered this universe
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Day 2 Vote Count
CSL ( 3 ) Rhinox Ellibereth Hoopla
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 1 ) farside22
farside22 ( 1 ) popsofctown
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 3 ) gayle elvis_knits fishythefish
Raskol ( 1 ) mykonian
Rhinox ( 1 ) ojanen
Maelyn ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 3 ) CSL Raskol Maelyn
Total Votes ( 14 )

With 14 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1355 (isolation #26) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:57 am

Post by zorastermod »

Day 2 Vote Count
CSL ( 3 ) Rhinox Hoopla popsofctown
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 6 ) gayle elvis_knits fishythefish Ellibereth farside22 CSL
Raskol ( 1 ) mykonian
Rhinox ( 1 ) ojanen
Maelyn ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 2 ) Raskol Maelyn
Total Votes ( 14 )

zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1360 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:55 am

Post by zorastermod »

mykonian wrote:
Mod
raskol requested replacement, right?

Can something be done about mealyn?

Yes, and I'm searching.

I sent a PM to both maemuki and haylen asking if maybe having one ofthem replace in for themselves would help things. I have not heard back yet.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1412 (isolation #28) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Day 2 Vote Count
CSL ( 1 ) popsofctown
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 1 ) Rhinox
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 7 ) gayle elvis_knits fishythefish Ellibereth farside22 CSL Hoopla
Raskol ( 1 ) mykonian
Rhinox ( 1 ) ojanen
Maelyn ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 14 )

Just a word of warning, you have a little over a day and a half until deadline is reached. Still searching for a Raskol replacement. If you have suggestions for people to ask, give me a PM.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (isolation #29) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Day 2 Vote Count
CSL ( 1 ) popsofctown
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 1 ) Rhinox
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 7 ) gayle elvis_knits fishythefish Ellibereth farside22 CSL Hoopla
Raskol ( 1 ) mykonian
Rhinox ( 1 ) ojanen
Maelyn ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 14 )

Last edited by zorastermod on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (isolation #30) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:55 am

Post by zorastermod »

Day 2 Final Vote Count
CSL ( 1 ) popsofctown
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 1 ) Rhinox
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 9 ) gayle elvis_knits CSL farside22 fishythefish evilsnail ojanen Hoopla Ellibereth

Raskol ( 1 ) mykonian
Rhinox ( 0 )
Maelyn ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 14 )

popsofctown the Mafia A Goon was lynched

The Deadline for all night actions is Wednesday, February 24th at 10:35am EST. Any actions not in by this time will be counted as "no action"
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (isolation #31) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:24 am

Post by zorastermod »

Night 2 has ended.

elvis_knits the Town (1) Teleporter was killed

Day 3 Begins now. I've ended night a bit early as I have some things I need to make sure I do in real life, and better to start early than late. The deadline will still be set on the old time.

The Deadline is March 10th at 10:30 EST.

The next teleporter will be informed at the beginning of the next night.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1485 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Day 3 Vote Count
CSL ( 0 )
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 4 ) farside22 fishythefish CSL evilsnail
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
Raskol ( 0 )
Rhinox ( 0 )
Maelyn ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 8 ) Raskol Maelyn Rhinox gayle mykonian ojanen Hoopla Ellibereth
Total Votes ( 12 )

With 12 alive, 7 needed to lynch.
Deadline: March 10th 10:30 EST

As I told the other universe, I will be out of town from tomorrow until Sunday. I'll have limited internet access, but I make no promises for my activity. Take note that because of this I extended U2's deadline by one day. I'll send a mass prod out tonight before I leave.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1534 (isolation #33) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:35 am

Post by zorastermod »

I will prod. Also:

Rhinox has exited this universe

vote count coming soon.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1535 (isolation #34) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:45 am

Post by zorastermod »

Day 3 Vote Count
CSL ( 0 )
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 2 ) Hoopla mykonian
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 5 ) farside22 CSL evilsnail fishythefish Ellibereth
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
Raskol ( 0 )
Rhinox ( 0 )
Maelyn ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 5 ) Raskol Maelyn Rhinox gayle ojanen
Total Votes ( 12 )

With 11 alive, 6 needed to lynch.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1539 (isolation #35) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 am

Post by zorastermod »

Just to make it official, I'm going to say that:

Haylen replaces Maelyn
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1540 (isolation #36) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:32 am

Post by zorastermod »

Final Day 3 Vote Count
CSL ( 0 )
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 2 ) Hoopla mykonian
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 6 ) farside22 CSL evilsnail fishythefish Ellibereth Haylen

gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
Raskol ( 0 )
Haylen ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 3 ) Raskol gayle ojanen
Total Votes ( 11 )

With 12 alive, 7 needed to lynch.

Hoopla the Town (1) townie was lynched

Night actions due by Noon EST on March 3rd.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1541 (isolation #37) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by zorastermod »

SpyreX replaces Raskol
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1542 (isolation #38) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:15 am

Post by zorastermod »

Night 3 has ended.

farside22 the Town (1) Townie was killed

Starbuck has entered this universe

Day 4 Begins now.

The Deadline is March 17 at 12:00 EST.
Last edited by zorastermod on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (isolation #39) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:57 am

Post by zorastermod »

Day 4 Vote Count
CSL ( 0 )
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 1 ) fishythefish
starbuck ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 1 ) spyrex
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
spyrex ( 1 ) mykonian
Haylen ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 7 ) gayle ojanen starbuck CSL evilsnail Ellibereth Haylen
Total Votes ( 10 )

With 10 alive, 6 needed to lynch.
Deadline: March 17th 12:00 EST
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (isolation #40) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Day 4 Vote Count
CSL ( 1 ) Ellibereth
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
starbuck ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 1 ) spyrex
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
spyrex ( 2 ) mykonian fishythefish
Haylen ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 6 ) gayle ojanen starbuck evilsnail Haylen CSL
Total Votes ( 10 )

zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (isolation #41) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:54 am

Post by zorastermod »

Day 4 Vote Count
CSL ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 3 ) Ellibereth CSL ojanen
starbuck ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 1 ) spyrex
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
spyrex ( 2 ) mykonian fishythefish
Haylen ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 4 ) gayle starbuck evilsnail Haylen
Total Votes ( 10 )

zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1731 (isolation #42) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:04 am

Post by zorastermod »

Phate has replaced Gayle
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1768 (isolation #43) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:42 am

Post by zorastermod »

Day 4 Vote Count
CSL ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 1 ) Ellibereth
starbuck ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 1 ) spyrex
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
spyrex ( 4 ) mykonian fishythefish CSL ojanen
Haylen ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 4 ) gayle starbuck evilsnail Haylen
Total Votes ( 10 )

I'm out of town at the moment, and this internet the hotel provides has been terrible, so sorry for the delay in updating vote counts.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1772 (isolation #44) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by zorastermod »

springlullaby has entered this universe

Night 4 has begun in the other universe
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1773 (isolation #45) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Day 4 Vote Count
CSL ( 0 )
starbuck ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
phate ( 0 )
mykonian ( 1 ) spyrex
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
spyrex ( 5 ) mykonian fishythefish CSL ojanen phate
Haylen ( 0 )
springlullaby ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 4 ) starbuck evilsnail Haylen springlullaby
Total Votes ( 11 )

zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1775 (isolation #46) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by zorastermod »

I spotted it. And for good measure:

Day 4 Vote Count
CSL ( 0 )
starbuck ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
phate ( 0 )
mykonian ( 1 ) spyrex
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
spyrex ( 5 ) mykonian fishythefish CSL ojanen phate
Haylen ( 0 )
springlullaby ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 4 ) starbuck evilsnail Haylen springlullaby
Total Votes ( 11 )

zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1777 (isolation #47) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Ojanen wrote: to make sure:
@mod: does the town teleporter's action always resolve at the end of the night?
Yes it does.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1796 (isolation #48) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:02 am

Post by zorastermod »

Ojanen wrote:
@mod:
looking at the wincons, will a game end in a mafia win when nothing can possibly prevent them from winning (e.g. 3 mafia, 2 town, no town teleporter) or would they have to still manually lynch/kill the 2 townies in that scenario?
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 30#2081530
zorastermod wrote:
The lack of "and nothing can prevent it" is not actually an oversight, although technically I will call the game if NOTHING can prevent it. But in a situation with 3 scum and 2 townies, given that nights all last precisely 48 hours and cannot be rushed, it is perfectly possible for the other town to still manage to send one of their scum over or steal another townie away (ouch!). The only time a game is auto-locked and won by a side is (a) if town wins by at any point removing all scum; (b) if a mafia team manages to eliminate all opposing forces; or (c) if the other universe has been won by a faction (and thus no teleporting is going on anymore) and scum can autowin out.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1797 (isolation #49) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:08 am

Post by zorastermod »

Final Day 4 Vote Count
CSL ( 0 )
starbuck ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
phate ( 0 )
mykonian ( 1 ) spyrex
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
spyrex ( 6 ) mykonian fishythefish CSL ojanen phate starbuck

Haylen ( 0 )
springlullaby ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 3 ) evilsnail Haylen springlullaby
Total Votes ( 11 )

SpyreX the Town (1) Townie was lynched

Night Deadline is Tuesday, March 16th at 6:00am EST.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1798 (isolation #50) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:05 am

Post by zorastermod »

DeathRowKitty has entered this universe
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (isolation #51) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:18 am

Post by zorastermod »

Empty Post
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1800 (isolation #52) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:19 am

Post by zorastermod »

I'm ending night a bit early today because I'm flying back and the weather may keep me at the airport for a while.

Night 4 has ended.

Ojanen the Town (1) Teleporter was killed

Day 5 Begins now.

The Deadline is March 30th at 12:00 EDT.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1838 (isolation #53) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:43 am

Post by zorastermod »

DTMaster replaces springlullaby
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1843 (isolation #54) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Universe 2 has been won by Town. That universe is now closed. You may not teleport to the universe or pull from it.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1855 (isolation #55) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Day 5 Vote Count
CSL ( 1 ) phate
evilsnail ( 2 ) CSL Deathrowkitty
starbuck ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
phate ( 0 )
mykonian ( 1 ) Haylen
deathrowkitty ( 2 ) Ellibereth fishythefish
Ellibereth ( 0 )
spyrex ( 0 )
Haylen ( 0 )
DTMaster ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 4 ) evilsnail DTMaster mykonian starbuck
Total Votes ( 10 )

Deadline: March 30th 12:00 EDT
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1882 (isolation #56) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Final Day 5 Vote Count
CSL ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
starbuck ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
phate ( 0 )
mykonian ( 2 ) Haylen phate
deathrowkitty ( 7 ) Ellibereth fishythefish mykonian starbuck evilsnail Deathrowkitty CSL

Ellibereth ( 0 )
spyrex ( 0 )
Haylen ( 0 )
DTMaster ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 1 ) DTMaster
Total Votes ( 10 )

DeathRowKitty the Mafia B Goon was Lynched

The Deadline for night actions is 18:00 EDT Wednesday, March 24th.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1883 (isolation #57) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:31 am

Post by zorastermod »

Night 5 has ended.

FishytheFish the Town (1) Townie was killed

Ellibereth the Mafia B Goon was killed

Day 6 Begins now.

The Deadline is April 7th at 12:00 EDT.

With 7 alive, 4 needed to lynch.
Last edited by zorastermod on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1908 (isolation #58) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:27 am

Post by zorastermod »

Day 6 Vote Count
CSL ( 1 ) phate
evilsnail ( 1 ) mykonian
starbuck ( 0 )
phate ( 0 )
mykonian ( 2 ) evilsnail CSL
Haylen ( 0 )
DTMaster ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 3 ) DTMaster starbuck Haylen
Total Votes ( 7 )

Deadline is at 12:00 EDT, April 7
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1924 (isolation #59) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:29 am

Post by zorastermod »

Day 6 Vote Count
CSL ( 1 ) phate
evilsnail ( 1 ) mykonian
starbuck ( 0 )
phate ( 0 )
mykonian ( 2 ) evilsnail CSL
Haylen ( 0 )
DTMaster ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 3 ) DTMaster starbuck Haylen
Total Votes ( 7 )

Deadline is at 12:00 EDT, April 7

Prods are being sent.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1952 (isolation #60) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:38 am

Post by zorastermod »

Final Day 6 Vote Count
CSL ( 4 ) phate DTMaster Haylen CSL

evilsnail ( 1 ) mykonian
starbuck ( 0 )
phate ( 0 )
mykonian ( 1 ) evilsnail
Haylen ( 0 )
DTMaster ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 1 ) starbuck
Total Votes ( 7 )

CSL the Town (1) Townie was lynched

Deadline for night will be April 5th at 16:00 EDT to account for Easter.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1953 (isolation #61) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:32 am

Post by zorastermod »

Night 6 has ended.

Haylen the Town (2) Townie was killed

Day 7 Begins now.

The Deadline is April 19th at 11:00 EDT.

With 5 alive, 3 needed to lynch.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1968 (isolation #62) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Day 7 Vote Count
evilsnail ( 0 )
starbuck ( 0 )
phate ( 1 ) mykonian
mykonian ( 1 ) evilsnail
DTMaster ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 3 ) starbuck phate DTMaster
Total Votes ( 5 )

Deadline is April 19th, 11:00 EDT
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1973 (isolation #63) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Final Day 7 Vote Count
evilsnail ( 3 ) starbuck phate mykonian
starbuck ( 0 )
phate ( 0 )
mykonian ( 1 ) evilsnail
DTMaster ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 1 ) DTMaster
Total Votes ( 5 )

evilsnail the Town (1) Townie was lynched

SCUM WINS U1

Mykonian the Mafia A Scum Wins!

Phate the Mafia A Scum Wins!

popsofctown the Mafia A Scum Wins!
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1974 (isolation #64) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Some thoughts about this game:

1. Thanks for playing everyone. I thought this actually turned out well, despite some hiccups.
2. Speaking of hiccups, I apologize for the start of the game. It was really amateurish on my part. I tried to iron out all the details ahead of time, but as it turns out, a weird mechanic with a totally open setup with 30 players analyzing it leads to some unex6pected results!
3. I thought the mechanic was interesting, and I’d do it again with some slight changes, perhaps in 6 months to a year if there’s interesting. I’d probably change it to semi-closed and de-vanilla it a little, but not much – I thought the mechanic really was able to shine through the less bogged down in roles it was.
4. The one huge downside of the game is inactivity that comes with switching universes. It’s like being force replaced into a game. Though U1 was plagued with bad luck, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the universe with FAR less chatter (and thus easier to catch up) was the universe that won. Still, before I run this again, I’ll try and think of ways to mitigate this. I knew it was a risk coming in.
5. I think people really realized the fundamental thing about this ruleset a bit too late: people from other universes help. A lot. Because they’re essentially cleared the moment them come until you need to lynch some other universe scum and then your options are very limited (a good thing for town).
6. Whoever doubted the teleporters were important was proven deadly wrong.
7. I’m looking for a backup mod for a future large game. Whether or not you’re interested, I’m more than happy to backup your game for you, provided you meet my requirements.
8. Please, please, please nominate people for scummies. I love to see players from my games nominated.

Other stuff:
1. Please let me know how you felt my game management as a moderator was either here or by PM. Feel free to use an alt account if you’d rather me not know your identity. I really do appreciate constructive criticism as I have a lot of expectations in the way I run games, and the only way to live up to that expectation is to continually improve myself as a moderator. I try hard to be professional, efficient and fun in all my interactions. If I have somehow not managed to do this, please let me know how I've failed and how I might improve.
2. Obviously this game was a bit challenging to run as a moderator as it was a complicated setup that essentially had two games going.
3. Any other comments are welcome! Just be sure to nominate/second/third people for nominations.
Last edited by zorastermod on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1976 (isolation #65) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Full list of winners:
DocPotter the Town (2) Townie

Jahudo the Town (2) Townie

Jack the Town (2) Townie

VP Baltar
Kairyuu
the Town (2) Townie

fhqwhads the town (2) townie

Nicodemus the Town (2) Townie

Lowell the Town (2) Townie

Rhinox the Town (1) Townie

Nachomamma8 the Town (2) Teleporter

Plum the Town (1) Townie

Kise the Town (2) Townie

Mykonian the Mafia A Scum Wins!

Phate the Mafia A Scum Wins!

popsofctown the Mafia A Scum Wins!
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1977 (isolation #66) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by zorastermod »

zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1978 (isolation #67) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Some thoughts about this game:

1. Thanks for playing everyone. I thought this actually turned out well, despite some hiccups.
2. Speaking of hiccups, I apologize for the start of the game. It was really amateurish on my part. I tried to iron out all the details ahead of time, but as it turns out, a weird mechanic with a totally open setup with 30 players analyzing it leads to some unex6pected results!
3. I thought the mechanic was interesting, and I’d do it again with some slight changes, perhaps in 6 months to a year if there’s interesting. I’d probably change it to semi-closed and de-vanilla it a little, but not much – I thought the mechanic really was able to shine through the less bogged down in roles it was.
4. The one huge downside of the game is inactivity that comes with switching universes. It’s like being force replaced into a game. Though U1 was plagued with bad luck, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the universe with FAR less chatter (and thus easier to catch up) was the universe that won. Still, before I run this again, I’ll try and think of ways to mitigate this. I knew it was a risk coming in.
5. I think people really realized the fundamental thing about this ruleset a bit too late: people from other universes help. A lot. Because they’re essentially cleared the moment them come until you need to lynch some other universe scum and then your options are very limited (a good thing for town).
6. Whoever doubted the teleporters were important was proven deadly wrong.
7. I’m looking for a backup mod for a future large game. Whether or not you’re interested, I’m more than happy to backup your game for you, provided you meet my requirements.
8. Please, please, please nominate people for scummies. I love to see players from my games nominated.

Other stuff:
1. Please let me know how you felt my game management as a moderator was either here or by PM. Feel free to use an alt account if you’d rather me not know your identity. I really do appreciate constructive criticism as I have a lot of expectations in the way I run games, and the only way to live up to that expectation is to continually improve myself as a moderator. I try hard to be professional, efficient and fun in all my interactions. If I have somehow not managed to do this, please let me know how I've failed and how I might improve.
2. Obviously this game was a bit challenging to run as a moderator as it was a complicated setup that essentially had two games going.
3. Any other comments are welcome! Just be sure to nominate/second/third people for nominations.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”