Teleportation Mafia Universe ONE (MAFIA A WINS!)

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Phate »

That should be game. Go myk! It was nice playing with you guys. I really liked this game's mechanics, but replacing into a 70-page+30-page (with completely different players in each subgame) was really imposing. I completely lied about rereading, even skimming. The lurking was intentional, though. If Gayle hadn't paved my way, I probably would have been under more suspicion. If I were town, I wouldn't have been much use for my faction, I'm afraid.

Thanks to zorro for modding it, and thanks to mykonian for helping me get CSL lynched. That was the critical bit. Thanks to Gayle for making that pretty doable, and thanks to pops even though I'm unsure whether he was actually a factor in us winning due to the whole not reading thing.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Full list of winners:
DocPotter the Town (2) Townie

Jahudo the Town (2) Townie

Jack the Town (2) Townie

VP Baltar
Kairyuu
the Town (2) Townie

fhqwhads the town (2) townie

Nicodemus the Town (2) Townie

Lowell the Town (2) Townie

Rhinox the Town (1) Townie

Nachomamma8 the Town (2) Teleporter

Plum the Town (1) Townie

Kise the Town (2) Townie

Mykonian the Mafia A Scum Wins!

Phate the Mafia A Scum Wins!

popsofctown the Mafia A Scum Wins!
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by zorastermod »

zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Some thoughts about this game:

1. Thanks for playing everyone. I thought this actually turned out well, despite some hiccups.
2. Speaking of hiccups, I apologize for the start of the game. It was really amateurish on my part. I tried to iron out all the details ahead of time, but as it turns out, a weird mechanic with a totally open setup with 30 players analyzing it leads to some unex6pected results!
3. I thought the mechanic was interesting, and I’d do it again with some slight changes, perhaps in 6 months to a year if there’s interesting. I’d probably change it to semi-closed and de-vanilla it a little, but not much – I thought the mechanic really was able to shine through the less bogged down in roles it was.
4. The one huge downside of the game is inactivity that comes with switching universes. It’s like being force replaced into a game. Though U1 was plagued with bad luck, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the universe with FAR less chatter (and thus easier to catch up) was the universe that won. Still, before I run this again, I’ll try and think of ways to mitigate this. I knew it was a risk coming in.
5. I think people really realized the fundamental thing about this ruleset a bit too late: people from other universes help. A lot. Because they’re essentially cleared the moment them come until you need to lynch some other universe scum and then your options are very limited (a good thing for town).
6. Whoever doubted the teleporters were important was proven deadly wrong.
7. I’m looking for a backup mod for a future large game. Whether or not you’re interested, I’m more than happy to backup your game for you, provided you meet my requirements.
8. Please, please, please nominate people for scummies. I love to see players from my games nominated.

Other stuff:
1. Please let me know how you felt my game management as a moderator was either here or by PM. Feel free to use an alt account if you’d rather me not know your identity. I really do appreciate constructive criticism as I have a lot of expectations in the way I run games, and the only way to live up to that expectation is to continually improve myself as a moderator. I try hard to be professional, efficient and fun in all my interactions. If I have somehow not managed to do this, please let me know how I've failed and how I might improve.
2. Obviously this game was a bit challenging to run as a moderator as it was a complicated setup that essentially had two games going.
3. Any other comments are welcome! Just be sure to nominate/second/third people for nominations.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Jack »

I just think it's funny that we one even though we only lynched one mafioso.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Thanks for modding and inviting me to replace zoraster! This was a pretty fun game and even though I wasn't here for long I had a fun time.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Congrats scum, and thanks for modding zoraster!

I thought the teleporting mechanic was really fun when I was the teleporter. Powerhunger and all that. But from the vanilla standpoint, I wasn't so sure. I can't really put my finger on why, but it was psychologically somehow irritating to have these people who seemed possible scum to be out of reach, out of being able to effectively interact with them about the relevant universe, out of being able to consider getting flips until much later. And the inbuilt drawback of having an endgame consisting of several townies who never really got into the game due to the large amount of catching up was imo rather anti-climatic. Like an early, hyperactive phase followed by a ghost town of mostly people who were never involved and scum.
The U1 endgame was still winnable for town through realizing that CSL can't be scum (yes, the wretched timestamp argument). Especially Gayle deserves imo a lot of credit for her scumplay though. I believe I have a hat to eat due to her.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by mykonian »

blegh. It was fun in the start. But town, what did you help us, it was as if you wanted us to win.

Guys, think for a moment. If someone asks for no CC, he could be the PR himselves. If not, he could be scum. He is going to get in trouble in case nothing follows:

What do you think scum would do when asked for a CC or be lynched? ABR didn't counterclaim. Thank you: he couldn't be scum.

DGB in a game is beforehand a problem for rational scum (=me) she's kind of unpredictable. And who gets under serious pressure, even so far that she is forced to claim? yeah...

And then the most tragic of all lynches. Spyrex. The guy who within a few posts has a case on me that is perfectly right, and shows that I
must
be scum. Elvis her theory-argument where she says I was arguing to keep my team together (you were right) was good, but could have been me as a towny making a mistake.

Here I couldn't be the towny playing bad. If spyrex, or anyone else just had taken the time to find a town game of me, and just looked at length of posts, you would have caught me, without any problem. (so, ironically, you are the first to catch me on meta, Spyrex). Aaaaand, what do you do, town? yes, you lynch him.

Spyrex was right: From that moment there should be nothing that keeps us from winning, unless the mafia was really shooting themselves in the foot.

and believe me, we tried.

Killing elli (we thought you were town), wasn't too clever, and almost cost us the game. We killed the teleporters in such a way that there came more players here then went out. We were too late with using our own teleport, which would have given us an earlier lylo.

Basically, you played worse then we (read, gayle) did. One could say gayle won the game for us already already on day 2, because it was made so easy from then for scum: there was no real pressure, gayle would win anyway.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by mykonian »

Ojanen wrote:Congrats scum, and thanks for modding zoraster!

I thought the teleporting mechanic was really fun when I was the teleporter. Powerhunger and all that. But from the vanilla standpoint, I wasn't so sure. I can't really put my finger on why, but it was psychologically somehow irritating to have these people who seemed possible scum to be out of reach, out of being able to effectively interact with them about the relevant universe, out of being able to consider getting flips until much later.
If the town2teleporter would have pulled DGB, I was so fearing such a scenario. Just imagine, DGB haunting you from the other universe, out of your reach.

That made that I thought it was necesary to wait for the end of the other town's night, just to be sure I took every chance to take out DGB :P
And the inbuilt drawback of having an endgame consisting of several townies who never really got into the game due to the large amount of catching up was imo rather anti-climatic. Like an early, hyperactive phase followed by a ghost town of mostly people who were never involved and scum.
I hate to say it, but: I TOLD YOU THAT WOULD HAPPEN.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

myko wrote: Killing elli (we thought you were town), wasn't too clever, and almost cost us the game.
:shock: :? :x :(
FLASH OF GREEN
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Well played scumbags - you took advantage of an apathetic town quite nicely. I had some hope at the end, but as soon as the CSL lynch went through, I realized the town didn't know what it was doing.
zorastermod wrote: 8. Please, please, please nominate people for scummies. I love to see players from my games nominated.
Why would you say that? I don't think anyone in this game really deserves a scummy - the quality of game was pretty low toward the end, and nobody particilarly stood out to me as playing a stellar game.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by mykonian »

Don't ask me, read our thread. Basically we wifomed ourselves out of the two obvious kills (starbuck, the mason, and SL, the teleportee), and then we suddenly agreed on you!

Fun, wasn't it? :P
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by CSL »

Wow. evilsnail, PLEASE start acting more townie at all times.

mykonian, nice job acting town.

Phate, that vote on me was so obvscum, but I had you pegged as town. Good work.

pops, you got owned.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

myko wrote:Don't ask me, read our thread. Basically we wifomed ourselves out of the two obvious kills (starbuck, the mason, and SL, the teleportee), and then we suddenly agreed on you!
:cry:
CSL wrote:...

Wow. evilsnail, PLEASE start acting more townie at all times.
:roll:
FLASH OF GREEN
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Ojanen »

CSL wrote:...Wow. evilsnail, PLEASE start acting more townie at all times.
AAAAAAARGH
CSL you do an impressive job of making my blood boil. You're great at trolling yet it doesn't seems forced.
You really should stop screwing up your team though.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by CSL »

I should've reiterated what you said about the timestamps.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Lowell »

I guess I'd like to ask why the scumteams (particularly in Uni 2) didn't just immediately wipe out the newcomers. It seemed like the obvious strategy, but maybe there's something I'm missing.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Not reading the game wasn't that deviant here, you weren't the only one to miss it. But please. Please. Please constrain yourself with the impulse to go always to the self-voting/self-hammering stuff. It's just villainous.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by CSL »

Agreed. The last time I'll ever self-hammer.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Cool.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by CSL »

Oh, and you were so obvtown, it wasn't even funny...

You know, I wonder what would've happened if I actually said mykonian was scum. Myko would've been lynched, and Phate would've followed soon after, the way I saw it if myko was scum.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

More real notes later but I am severely wroth STILL that the town went "Ohh snap, SpyreX and Ojanen are dead? SpyreX was all over Myko AND both of them were ADAMANT WITH DOCUMENTED REASONS that CSL was town? Welp, better get lynchin CSL"

FFFFFFFF
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Plum »

I'm glad I got shipped out, mostly.

Hard to believe that even definitely not looking my Towniest and with lots of people finding me scummy I still almost drew the NK, though.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by zoraster »

Hoopla wrote:Well played scumbags - you took advantage of an apathetic town quite nicely. I had some hope at the end, but as soon as the CSL lynch went through, I realized the town didn't know what it was doing.
zorastermod wrote: 8. Please, please, please nominate people for scummies. I love to see players from my games nominated.
Why would you say that? I don't think anyone in this game really deserves a scummy - the quality of game was pretty low toward the end, and nobody particilarly stood out to me as playing a stellar game.
sometimes people have different reads than I do, but I sort of felt the same way. Because I try hard to nominate people in my games. If Gayle hadn't replaced out, I think I would have nominated her.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh, and my thoughts about the setup coming in:

I think that early on, if the towns opted to work as a unit the scum could have been in an odd position:

D1, vote for a representative to swap (a not-scummy player). N1, push said players. Those players, ultimately (even if wrong) are definitely not scum and should play accordingly.

D2, pull over the second scummiest player (while voting the first). Yes, do a double vote with teleporter discretion.

Then, flow with how the games go. Town needs help? Give em another clean player. Town doing well? Push your scummies there so they can get lynched.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”