Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Benmage »

So I got a quick question. I've played two newbie games on this forum so far, but many mafia-like games on other forums. Anyways in the newbie games there are 7 townies and 2 mafia members... Do we know how many mafia to town there are in these 12 person mini games?

And with that
Vote Caboose
, get the heck out of the back.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Benmage »

sorry guys..had midterms this week, and going skiing should be back Sunday...will post when I return
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Benmage »

SpyreX wrote: I am, right now and pre-emptively, calling all of those people scum. Come day 2 sans confirmed scum I want the contentless players eliminated.

Sound good? Good. Its done.
Atronach wrote: But I'm also going to random
Vote: SpyreX
because it's scummy to set up an excuse for later mislynches.
I too am concerned that this alignment, sets up excuses for later.
Lowell wrote:spyrex gets townpoints. KoC does not. Carry on.
This stuff is always lame in my opinion…but is from my experience generally a townies move.
Caboose wrote: I don't see what people are liking about Spyre.
Nor I, save the fact that he posts a lot...which can be a townie trying to get as much information out in the open to have sufficient things to analyze.

Post 64, and also 74...not going to quote...but Spyrex seems to get caught up with semantics and wording wherein I feel he is way over analyzing and complicating things with a plethora of unhelpful nonsensical jargon.

Need to do a bit deeper reading into the end of page 4 (skimmed it a bit) but thus far I am content to switch my vote to
Vote: SpyreX
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Benmage »

Juls wrote:
Unvote. Vote Benmage

Read his flip-flop. It wreaks of scumminess.

I voted Spyrex to see who/why people would jump on and also get reaction from Spyrex. I am satisfied with the latter but not the former.
This is comical... I don't have an original position to flip-flop from...explain please?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Post by Benmage »

Atronach wrote: You are leaving out the part where I agreed with him. That was the irony, because it was a joke post. In the joke/random voting stage. Indicated further by the seriousness level, which you also left out. Purposely?
FoS: Benmage
Ah this was indeed a misquote by me...overread the 'i'm with you on this one' section. But yes my tone was serious… I certainly view it as scum to leave many openings to fall back on, or to be able to cast future claim and suspicions.
Juls wrote:@Benmage: Sorry...the flip-flop comment was incorrect. I saw you on the Caboose wagon and didn't realise that your vote was still a random vote. Regardless though...your post still seems scummy and opportunistic. I find when people are extremely agreeable without really adding anything to it that more often than not that person is scum. My vote stands.

And btw...Atronach is in the same boat.
FoS: Atronach
I re-read my post several times... because frankly I can’t conceive of how it could be scummy. I had two quotes where I agreed with people. One with Atronach (which was actually a misinterpretation agreement) and one with Caboose, for which Cabooses statement had little backing but I do give reason for my disliking…So I did in sense there and at the bottom add something.

I don’t see how agreeing with someone really hints towards scum anyways…If I have the same sentiment regarding someone as another, I can either post unto myself (which is still going to be in agreement) Or quote and make obvious connections, quotes, which can help illustrate to the masses that I am not alone in my recognition.

So
FoS Juls
…cause omgus.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by Benmage »

Ugh another spryex essay… First off Spryex just dominates the board with mass posting I can’t even digest other people’s positions because every other post is his, and a large one at that.

There is a one post a day minimum... not everyone has to spam the boards like you. Some of us have other things in our lives and would like to play this leisurely.
SpyreX wrote:
Benmage
:

Good: This is real hard to find. The only thing really standing out is the trying to weigh both sides on me and lowell to a degree.

Bad: Ohh nelly. 5 whole posts. Minimal content. Joins the bandwagon with this gem:
Benmage wrote:Post 64, and also 74...not going to quote...but Spyrex seems to get caught up with semantics and wording wherein I feel he is way over analyzing and complicating things with a plethora of unhelpful nonsensical jargon.
Actively states he has been skimming. Agrees with Atronarch as part of his reason to vote for me. First post does the "How many scum COULD there possibly be" which is a minor scumtell to me. FoS's juls based on an omgus.

Verdict: Leaning scum. Lurking, minimal content, bandwagon voting, absence of any individual thoughts. If he was more experienced I think I would push this towards the heavily scummy category. Lurking looks like its going to be an issue - definite vig candidate.
Bandwagon… you really weren’t in a threat of a hammer…7 to lynch…seriously…Dej and Juls were the only serious votes against you as KoC’s was during the random phase…than Juls quickly switches(for wrong reasons)

Lurking…an issue, so far off...rofl I stated I had midterms…also had work and other real life things. You claim to be a vet, so certainly you must understand about the real world?

Skimming..geeze you just like to nitpick and highlight what is attractive for you. I said I read most (was I believe the first 3 pages...and skimmed the 4th so I could shed some light and everyone could see where my stance was since I hadn’t posted yet due to RL)

3rd point…Yes...new to this forum not to mafia style games. The newbie games tell you the setup or possible setups, was checking to see if I missed something. (So glad we can be open here...that was during random phase too. But w/e)

Leaning scum candidates…me and Caboose, tho I think Caboose may in actuality be scum... seems rather convenient AGAIN to place 2 of the three voting for you as scum.

Omgus juls… yeah your favorite...was playing pretty damn poorly in my eyes. ( is cleaning her act up)

Conclusion: you want to be hung… wow scumtell much? And if sympathy goes in your favor you demand to be confirmed, because you don’t want the same monotony tomorrow. Worse Vet statement ever? How many successful first day scum kills are there? Not many that’s right. So instead of a higher probability of killing an innocent today, and the scum killing one at night losing two innocents we could have one die each night. This way we stretch the days out and allow for possible cop investigations to be more effective… but actually your way sounds right lets kill kill kill and point out more people for the vig to kill…huzzah(sarcasm on that last part if you couldn’t tell…sometimes online sarcasm interpretation is difficult)
SpyreX wrote: ...I've just posted too many words
More of this mindset.

This is all I can do for now, its nearing 5am, I’m tired, my head hurts. I like what I was reading from Plum’s positioning will post more on this and others when I can.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Benmage »

Riceballtail wrote:For now, I will believe Caboose, as we have no reason to discredit the claim.

That said,
FoS
KoC for trying to discredit it so quickly.
Yeah I too feel no reason to distrust what Caboose said about himself and plum.

That being said
vote KoC
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Benmage »

Lowell wrote:
vote riceball
almost entirely for 154. I hate posts like that.
what..the hell was wrong with post 154??

Lowell's posting is so odd.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by Benmage »

Knight of Cydonia wrote: Way to jump on the wagon. I express natural worry about a role-claim and "clearing" of someone in the first post of the day, by someone who admits he only claimed so early to pre-empt any (again, natural) suspicion of someone who was arguably one of hte scummiest players of Day 1 (himself), and suddenly it makes me scummy. Yay craplogic.
There were no votes on you, simply a FoS...so wagon move..not really.

That being said here is a wagon move:

Vote Lowell

Her posts are absolutely useless. Nothing of real substance. One to two lines.

Plus the move in post 157 agreeing with Caboose and than voting for Rice in post 154..while rice was also agreeing with caboose and thus questioning KoC..whom i still have my suspicions...so all in all quite happy with seeing Lowell eliminated today.

The "Get over your pinkeye soon, Plum!" Votecount

Lowell (5) - EmpTyger, dejkha, Riceballtail, Atronach, Benmage

Riceballtail (3) - Lowell, Plum, Kieraen

Not Voting (2):
Caboose, Knight of Cydonia

6 to lynch
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:49 am

Post by Benmage »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Benmage, stop lying. The post I quoted when I made that post, which you conveniently cut out, was of YOU voting for me.

Vote: Benmage
for out-and-out lying, and jumping on a bandwagon with a nearly non-existent, completely parroted reasoning.
Ugh this is just a bad statement...I know I voted for you..I state this...but how was it wagon jumping when my vote for you was the first vote on you...

The "OMG ARKANSAS HAS INTERNET" Votecount

Lowell (5) - EmpTyger, dejkha, Riceballtail, Atronach, Benmage

Riceballtail (3) - Lowell, Plum, Kieraen

Benmage (1) - Knight of Cydonia

Not Voting (1):
Caboose

6 to lynch
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by Benmage »

Have to say I'm certainly questioning the allegiance of those who doubt Caboose's claim, and moreover those who are voting against him. It doesn't seem like a mafia advantageous thing to do. (Even if mafia had a one-shot investigative move)

I don't believe Lowell's role claim...forgot about his ability... No sir, I still think a Lowell lynch would be best.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:06 am

Post by Benmage »

EmpTyger wrote:Benmage:
Please answer my question to you in [182].
Benmage [192] wrote:It doesn't seem like a mafia advantageous thing to do. (Even if mafia had a one-shot investigative move)
You can’t see any advantage to mafia if a mafia fakeclaims cop?
Uhm, not really.. because bad scenarios can occur. First it backfires and we don't believe Caboose and lynch him. Second (even worse and very doubtful) Plum is also scum, in which case we get two scum players.

Plus I just feel that scum wouldn't care to share this information. Caboose didn't really need to post it. Scum, imo would have kept this for their own use.

Caboose opened with this information.. it wasn't him attempting a roleclaim at L-1.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:23 pm

Post by Benmage »

I too think the Caboose wagon is wack, and probably scum backed.

I am cautious of those in favor of testing the waters to see others people's roles with a Caboose lynch.(Confirming Plum/Lowell's claim) I don't like this mentality because if wrong it kills off can innocent and gives the scum another free night; so in a sense you are condemning two innocents. (hence why i strongly feel the Caboose wagon is scum backed..for those reasons Kieran is deff rising on my scum radar.)

I'm still in favor of a Lowell lynch above all. RBT is fine in my book too.. we can't be the pickiest people here with the 10 day deadlines.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:42 am

Post by Benmage »

Lowell wrote:Okay I'll make a deal with you.

Don't lynch me today, lynch me tomorrow if you must. There are two alternatives:

1) I'm lying scum- there's nothing to be lost by letting me live until tomorrow.

2) I'm TELLING THE TRUTH- scum will have to decide whether or not to kill me to prevent me from using my one-shot ability. If they do, then that saves everyone a kill. If they don't, then at least I get a result out before I die.
I'm willing to wait one day on lynching Lowell.

So switching vote to
vote Riceballtail
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (isolation #14) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Benmage »

For the third time:
Missed the second time, answering your other question. But the question is already answered a little lower than the quote you use in my post 172.

There was also my post 160. Feel free to reread both.

Continuing my suspicions of her would follow her post 177, ‘claim anyways’…no real reason to claim, nor do I believe she conveniently forgot.

Also, please don't get so hung up on semantics...'generally townie' is pretty arbitrary as it doesn't mean 100% so it really means zilch in the long run.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Benmage »

With the Kieraen increased votes I a have decided to do a reread and assess her position. That and the VT claim at L-3 seemed premature to me.

D1 Conclusion: Initially was too inactive. Spryex in his claim suggested modkill. Posts a minor synopsis following Spryex’s post and starts being more active.

D2: She continues D2 playing well. Asking RBT to expand his questions and seems genuinely town. Post 178 is where I personally disagree with her. I don’t like her ‘options’ including lynching an innocent (Caboose) to prove his identity.
Kieraen wrote: and 1 dead useless cop.
Useless...we only have so many #'s before we lose.

D2 cont: In a relatively short period of time, 7 hrs on March 25, without strong arguments she shifts from Caboose to RBT….By the next day she returns to her vote on Caboose (little jumpy)
Kieraen wrote:Caboose the best townie play would have been to make your claim as a 'cop' thus ensuring that the mafia would lynch you for your investigative abilities.

Claiming one shot cop means the mafia know you are now redundant and will focus on others who may also have one shot abilties an have not used it.

Whether mafia or town the play was poor.
What Cop would claim that they’ve found a townie?? No point insta-bullseye. His claim as a one-shot imo was a good move.

D2 cont: Admits Caboose is most likely a one-shot cop post 203 (doesn’t unvote)…eventually shifts vote to RBT.

The VT claim….WAY to early. L-3…admitting to not being the best player is weaksauce. KoC and Plum point this out quite quickly.
Plum wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Plum wrote:The VT claim at L-3 hurts Kieraen's case more than it helps.
What the :?:
Godfather possibility slightly increased.
You didn't find the premature VT claim at least questionable?
I do.

All in all, Kierean doesn’t fly up my scum meter. I start disagreeing with her position in 178, but that could be poor play. She jumps a lot…meh. I really don’t like the VT claim at L-3 and have my suspicions for it. Not totally against seeing her killed, but feel RBT and Lowell deserve it more.

RBT is at L-2 maybe a claim buddy?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by Benmage »

EmpTyger wrote: Benmage:
Benmage [218] wrote:<snip>
Also, please don't get so hung up on semantics...'generally townie' is pretty arbitrary as it doesn't mean 100% so it really means zilch in the long run.
You said an action was protown when a player was getting mild suspicion but no votes early D1. But when a serious bandwagon and multiple votes come along D2, you turn around and say the same action is actually antitown. That’s not meaningless semantics. And anyway, just because something isn’t 100% certain doesn’t mean you get to wave it away as meaningless. Especially when it so happens one of the best way of finding mafia is by analyzing what players say and do.

So, try again. Clarify whether you think Lowell’s postings are or are not indicative of alignment. And while you’re at it, some more specific and nondisavowable reasons on others would be nice.
Lowell's post giving points was still during the random phase.. There was little information at all for anyone. I said the 'giving points' is generally a town move. Not 100% town no need to investigate further this person is definitely town. Hell no. Besides as you keep asking what made my switch in feelings about Lowell?? First there was nothing to switch as I said the one move is often a town move done at such an early stage with so little information from anyone that I didn't have an opinion on anyone. If there was any tiny form of an opinion it was so minuscule it did not take a lot to change. However, Lowell's continuous style is most scummy imo. Lowell continues to post very limited hardly revealing information.

I state this from the very original post that you quoted me from. If you would've finished reading you would have seen this. Furthermore the claim and forgetfulness has only strengthened my suspicions about Lowell's scumminess.

In conclusion:
EmpTyger wrote: Clarify whether you think Lowell’s postings are or are not indicative of alignment.
Lowell's posting, save the very beginning(RVS which is meaningless anyways but you're quite hung up on it) in the entirety of the game has been and played scummy.

More nondisavowable reasons... Other than not being sure if thats even proper English, I do understand what you're getting at, and hey I did just give a post on Keirean.

I can go back and go day to day for everyone.. but why are you asking me alone to do this?

Some quick thoughts for whomever is interested. I'd say Lowell, KoC, and EmpTyger are leading candidates for scum.

Feeling that Caboose(for claim) and Plum are innocent. I think Kieraen's play has been town-like. I think Dejkha is town as well tho tough read on him. No real read on Atronach either though I was feeling scum initially.

RBT is somewhere stuck in the middle for me. Would love a claim, unfortunately with these 10 day deadlines I am satisfied with seeing him lynched.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:01 am

Post by Benmage »

Really? nice claim boss(sarcasm). Did you not read what you quoted? I have said from D1 i believe.. maybe only D2 that i'd prefer to see Lowell go. More people would rather see you go, and you haven't proven any reasons why this shouldn't happen.

Please claim. Again, we have limited time here, so yes I am satisfied with you being lynched.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:39 am

Post by Benmage »

Sigh, how can you possibly put so much emphasis on the term ‘generally town’? How you are still berating this issue is beyond me. But let’s hold hands and walk through this for the umpteenth time.

Dunt Dunt Dunt Post 87: The cause of your controversy.
Benmage wrote:
This stuff is always lame in my opinion…but is from my experience generally a townies move.
As you can see all I state was the move from my experience has been generally a townies move. The issue is that at this point there was relatively zero information on or from Lowell. From my past experience those who start giving off points are much more active and post long thoughtful discussions (similar to spryex, but not to his level). This was promised by Lowell, but has been all too obvious untrue. (Hence a radical change from my experience)

Cont.

Post 160: This post illustrates a growing negative-ness towards Lowell’s play style.
Benmage wrote:
Lowell wrote:
vote riceball
almost entirely for 154. I hate posts like that.
what..the hell was wrong with post 154??

Lowell's posting is so odd.
Holy crap I said the word ‘odd’ she must be from mars?? Hmmm get hung up that next please.

Sorry, cont.

I noted in post 139. She hammered. Probably a different effect in this 10 day deadline game, but hammers are always questionable from my experience. (Oh crap…my experience… hammers questionable!!! Everyone next to hammer will certainly be under the most extreme scrutiny by me according to Emptyger’s logic)

Post 172: My Agreed Upon wagon move and vote on Lowell.
Benmage wrote: That being said here is a wagon move:

Vote Lowell

Plus the move in post 157 agreeing with Caboose and than voting for Rice in post 154..while rice was also agreeing with caboose and thus questioning KoC..whom i still have my suspicions...so all in all quite happy with seeing Lowell eliminated today.
I bolded the part you seem continuously ignore. If you were unsatisfied with that explanation that I am sorry, but that is it… Once more, I am still for a Lowell lynch and think that would be best. I voted for a wagon, and didn’t try to hide it, Because I feel Lowell is scum, so wagon or not I would vote for him.

Post 182: Your post and question.
Benmage [87] wrote:<snip>
<snip>
Benmage [172] wrote:<snip>
Vote Lowell

<snip>
What took you from “generally townie” to voteworthy?
Generally townie to voteworthy. Let me go real slow, because it is already in what you quoted. But if you want an explanation for a switch (even though I feel there was no original position, you can still look at when a position evolves and call it a switch)

, 1.Useless posts. 2. Northing of substance. 3. Posts are too brief. 4. and probably most important her inconsistencies aforementioned and bolded from my post in 172.

How you are still dwelling on this is sadly comical.
EmpTyger wrote: if I should perhaps maybe somehow accidentally not be around tomorrow
Omg, this would be welcomed and all too convenient. Unfortunately I doubt you’ll be voting to kill yourself tonight.
EmpTyger wrote: For the third time- I *did* read it, and I did see it! Which is why I asked you about it! Because that’s *not* what you said: what you actually said was that your initial “Lowell is protown” meant “zilch”. Which is very different from “accurate at the time”.
Well read it again. Because all the information is there. And it still meant ‘zilch’ because it stemmed from the RVS, and was placed without substantial information. Once more information procured a proper stance was made.

In conclusion I’m done answering Emptyger. Whether you get it at this point or not I don’t care. (might think better to ignore anything posed from him in the future)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Benmage »

You've said
1) Lowell is protown (because of reason A) [87]
2) Lowell is antitown (because of reason A) [172]
3) Lowell is antitown (because of reason B) [172]

You keep on repeating that (3) is a perfectly valid conclusion and how can I be so blind to not see it.
But I'm not and have never disputed that.

What I have had a problem with is that you reach the opposite conclusions of (1) and (2) based on the same basis. And when I asked you why, you first gave one explanation (that "generally protown" was meaningless), then another (that (1) was accurate at the time). While all the while trying to cover it up with an unrelated (3).
Going against what I said :P .

You’re leaving out my Post 160, which I would understand, but since you take post 87 so seriously you can't deny that my suspicion would build from post 160(lessening the jump in my position you seem to be trying to create). There are two aspects to my post 172, and you've only seemed to recognize one. So yes, antitown because of A(post 172) and B(post 172) But also C(post 160).

I still refute post 87 as a declaration of Lowell being town, but you obviously stuck on that interpretation. Anyways back to the conclusive answers...yeah I still feel the 'generally town move' statement was meaningless because it was so early.(accept it or not, that's how i feel) As for 'accurate at the time' that can still be accepted as it was so early in the game and there was no concrete information yet. The statement was accurate but just because it was accurate doesn't mean it wasn't open to change.

Trying to cover up with unrelated 3...This is simply a false statement. I did nothing but try to answer your question. Your lack of acceptance is simply frustrating. Point 3 was simply trying to answer your question of how Igot to the conclusion of Lowell's scumminess which in my opinion had been answered initially (post 172's dual points) and than given above and beyond explanation, so surely you can see my frustration.

Here are Both points of post 172, you only mention the first in you initial question…and I can only assume by your continual action that you are still ignoring the second point.
Benmage wrote: Her posts are absolutely useless. Nothing of real substance. One to two lines.
Benmage wrote: Plus the move in post 157 agreeing with Caboose and than voting for Rice in post 154..while rice was also agreeing with caboose and thus questioning KoC..whom i still have my suspicions...so all in all quite happy with seeing Lowell eliminated today.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Benmage »

I honestly don't know what to say about the claim.. the fact that it was already used has me skeptical. Plus why not an explanation as to protecting Emp on D1, what made you think he was absolutely important to the town? A one-shot protection seems pretty powerful, and seems like you wasted it. (I guess I am actually more suspicious and even more in favor of a lynch) Shall he turn out to be scum we will have some strong insight on other scum possibilities.

There's still 4 others able to hammer with KoC's refusal...i guess by KoC's move he is also declaring that he would prefer to see a no lynch today. While I am sometimes somewhat favorable of a no lynch occasionally.(better to only have one innocent killed at night than one during the day and one at night) PlusI feel it gives our cop role more nights to investigate. Unfortunately I have become less favorable of that position in this game where it appears many actions are simply 'one-shot' moves and we may not have more investigators.

So in a sense this no lynch move by KoC is in actuality allowing scum a free night.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Benmage »

Plum, you fool why didn't you vote faster!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (isolation #22) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Benmage »

Atronach wrote: Your late case against dejkha and refusal to vote is why we are probably looking at a no lynch.
Vote Emptyger
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Benmage »

You were really quick to try to point the finger onto me and only me first thing in the morning. That wasn’t what you thought at the end of yesterday. What changed overnight?
I forget exactly...lol, i thought I had reasons. One for sure was the lack of a vote allowing scum a free night kill.

Regardless I'm gonna pull off the vote atm, have a more indepth summary in the makings, been kinda busy.

Unvote
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Benmage »

(Half assessment done, and subject to change as I re-analyze those I haven't yet. Plus I need to catchup on the most recent page 19-20ish posts.)

Driving home from school today for easter and didn't want to leave this half assessment....so comment on it or not, will finish it within the next day or so.

But here it is:

So here is where I’m at: There probably are 3 scum. In a newbie game of 9 there are 2 scum. Here we’ve added 3 players making the game 12, so I’m figuring we added 1 scum and two town.

That being said only 9 of us remain. If we don’t get some success going we lose. If we were to lynch a townie today and they get another night kill we would enter day 4 with 7 players 3 scum 4 town. (4 needed for a lynch) So it would be damn near impossible to get all those 4 townspeople to not be swayed by the 3 scum and vote successfully on a scum person.

What I am getting at is today is crucial to the towns success.

Leading current Candidates for me are KoC and Dejkha next inline are RBT and Emptyger. (If you notice Dejkha and KoC leave their votes on Kierean both ensuring RBT’s survival.) For this reason I suspect RBT could be scum as the scum wanted to save their fellow scum. But also Emptyger did not vote for RBT, so perhaps the scum wanted a no lynch, a free night kill, cause further town disarray and try to keep some distance in stances. I’m leaning slightly more towards RBT atm being scum than Emp. Emp seems to have some constructive posts, but doesn’t seem to vote well. RBT, crazy late useless claim.

Cont:

1.I felt Kierean’s play was town via my analysis and although Lowell’s move doesn’t confirm her allegiance I think it is just one more brick in the analysis that she’s town.

2. I think Lowell has redeemed his ‘town’ stance with his claim and move.

3. No reason not to believe Caboose. Poor plum

4. Now Atronach I originally believed to be a top town candidate. That was from his post 13 where I misinterpreted his seriousness(which he notices, so kudos) but still feel he dislikes the idea of setting up excuses for later lynches, which stuck me as town. Omgus voted juls…(omgus is so stained as a scum move people are always saying “woah woah he omgus’d he must be scum”, but I love using it when I’m town cause….screw it I’m town, and I think Atronach may have had a similar idea here).

When Atronach starts questioning Caboose’s claim in a negative way on D2 is where I think I started questioning his allegiance. However other people have seemed more scummier to me as of late, and Atronach has retroacted his style and I find him more and more town again.

He votes Lowell for inactivity and complains to RBT for lack of input in post 170. Scum do like to try and post little and remain off radar, so this could be a good read.

Again he posts altogether well. Post 207, good read on KoC imo (Kierean, well poor play).

Puts pressure on RBT to claim, and votes well. On D3 returns to Lowell question.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by Benmage »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:
If you notice Dejkha and KoC leave their votes on Kierean both ensuring RBT’s survival.
If we were scum, we'd have voted RBT, who you (and I) believe to be town
I don't believe rbt to be town, said he's top 4 of scum candidate and actually probably a top 3 in cahoots with you and Dejkha.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by Benmage »

you didn't vote him cause he and you are scum together.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (isolation #27) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Benmage »

Knight of Cydonia wrote: The scum in this game are so achingly obvious it really hurts me. "
Oh yeah..whose your 3 candidates?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (isolation #28) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Benmage »

Heres a continuation of that analysis I did earlier focusing on the players I didn’t mention. It is quite sloppy. I kinda went through each day and added tidbits or notes for myself next to each player. Here it is, will clarify as need be.

KoC –Initial suspects Caboose/Plum…. FoS Caboose D2 not believing claim…Accuses me of lyning..bad posting. Believes Lowell’s claim over Caboose’s rofl…Defend’s claim later. Votes Kierean for meta being a bad player and the VT claim…Believes RBT isn’t Optimal. Refuses to hammer because Kierean and Atron are on it..not even stating he thinks RBT is innoncent..scummy! Further defends why he didn’t vote. Votes Kierean…Doesn’t think Lowell’s claim means much…first smart thing I’ve read.
Knight of Cydonia wrote: Because I didn't hammer RBT, we're not at LyLo. That's a good thing.
Maybe lylo would be a good place to be.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:[
I'm not defending RBT - I think she's town, because she's reminding me of her town meta - I'm defending against your stupid attack because I chose a no-lynch that meant we aren't into LyLo today.
Totally found you scummy...this Claim throws me what does hider even do? Why won’t you use vig. ability? Aligns himself essentially with RBT also being innocent...Believes Kierean, Atr, Emp to be 3 scum. Unvotes to avoid hammer.

Dejkha – Asks RBT to elaborate. First vote is Sprye. Switches to Lowell for inactivity. Banters with Emp.
dejkha wrote:Sorry, I forgot about this game.
dejkha wrote:Oh wow, sorry everyone. I completely forgot about this game. I'll read the thread and make a post tomorrow.
Agrees with me that Caboose is innocent. Vote’s Kierean, FoS’s Lowell…Votes Kierean again.

Emptyger –asks questions. Votes Lowell for activity elsewhere. Posts are large would need a proper single full analysis….votes dejhka for inactivity. Banters with Dej…dislikes RBT and Kierean candidates…odd forgetting why I open d3 voting for him. Must’ve been his attacks on Dej and forced no lynch. KoC’s claim merits a re-read and a vote…odd. Lol, 3rd complain for dej’s inactivity.

RBT –unvotes announcing rvs over. (still random for dejkha). Likes Sprye. Votes Caboose (posts tend to be very brief). Post 116: doesn’t contribute because of wall of useless text. (fair)..FoS KoC for discrediting Caboose’s claim…votes Lowell..unvotes due to Tracker claim. Thinks I am third scum. Omgus’s kierean…complains other misinterpret. One shot doc on Emp(sooo false!) Understanding/alignment with KoC.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (isolation #29) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Benmage »

@ Emp. You were ok with allowing a no lynch to bypass or essentially allow RBT to live, because you felt Dej was so terribly scum??
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (isolation #30) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Benmage »

Let’s assess something real quick

Caboose –Cop claim –says Plum is town(turns out right) (believe this)
RBT –Claims doc uses on Emp..still a sour feeling on this from me.
Atr –no claim
Kierean –Claims VT, eh
Lowell—claims tracker, tracks Kierean..hard to tell
Dejkha –no claim
KoC—jack claim. Makes him and RBT aligned
Emp –no claim
Me –no claim

Well I’m not scum, so that would leave 3 ‘no claimers’ scum. I doubt that Atr Dej and Emp are the three scum people. Therefore I believe someones claim to be false.

Maybe we should all claim? Thoughts? ….I’m willing.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (isolation #31) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Benmage »

Was the lies comment a joke?

So a hider can offer self protection if the hidee is town…okk

The vig ability could save us from losing the game if we faced equal numbers going into the following day phase.

Lylo wouldn’t be so bad…it could put somethings in perspective. Right now the excess player’s is making the game difficult to decipher allegiances. Think about it this way. I still feel strongly against RBT… many others do too. If he’s the voted/killed target for todays vote and unfortunately turns to be town. Yesterdays no lynch is moot…as he died, and the scum got two nights now instead of one of free killings off of a mislynch. This is why I disliked your no lynch philosophy, and why I still have an ill-feeling that you are scum with RBT. If you as (town) could’ve recognized the sentiment of the town against RBT you wouldn’t off dragged his death out to a two day process, ruining the towns chance of winning.

Kind of want the unknowns to claim to put everything in perspective.

Other than that..i just don’t trust KoC…I want to vote but will withhold until others talk about the option of everyone claiming. (note I am still for this)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (isolation #32) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by Benmage »

Atronach wrote: Also, I see you are eager for the unknowns to claim, but very hesitant to claim yourself. It looks bad.
Benmage wrote: Maybe we should all claim? Thoughts? ….
I’m willing
Benmage wrote: Kind of want the unknowns to claim to put everything in perspective.

Other than that..i just don’t trust KoC…I want to vote but will withhold until others talk about the option of everyone claiming.
(note I am still for this)
Way to read.
Atronach wrote: Was the lylo comment a joke? Lylo is not a good thing no matter your perspective or how you try to spin it. We would still have a very large field of suspicion.
No the lylo was not a joke...the field would be much easier to decipher. Suppose we do decide to kill RBT, whom after another idiotic comment is certainly my #1 useless player(wow..over lowell) and is high on my scum radar next to KoC. So in the drastic event that RBT was lynched and turned out town…we’d of given the scum 2 free night kills instead of one...so instead of being at lylo..we could quite possible just hand them the game.

Again, I am willing to claim... Everyone claiming should put somethings in perspective as some of the already claimers must be lying(or the 3 who haven’t...tho unlikely...are scum) (not me..i.e. being the 4th to not claim)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (isolation #33) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by Benmage »

Vote KoC

his claim fails here:

In newbie settings the scum sometimes have roleblockers. Assuming everything here is a 'one-shot' role its not farfetched to think they have a roleblocker. Announcing his role with this possibility... well i think he did so cause he's scum.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (isolation #34) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by Benmage »

I see it as one thing amongst many and a beaming failure to your claim.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (isolation #35) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by Benmage »

The only town thing you've could've said there, was it was something that slipped your mind as you claimed. As the roleblocker is a very real threat and something(if you aren't lying)will face. Had you done this i may have reconsidered your stance.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (isolation #36) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:42 pm

Post by Benmage »

We are at an unfortunate standstill without further input by Caboose, Dej...and Lowell
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (isolation #37) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Benmage »

This game is starting to suck. You'd think a quick deadline game would involve fast pace active players. This is just frustrating, and not very fun any more.
Riceballtail wrote:Benmage tomorrow I guess.

UNVOTE;VOTE:Kieraen
Geeze... You're so bad. If by some way all the moons in the universe align and you aren't scum you've cost the game with your terrible play/misreads.

But you and KoC are scum...at least he's trying to hide it with some sense of productivity and logic of late.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (isolation #38) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:40 am

Post by Benmage »

EmpTyger wrote: So you concluded KoC was guilty because of some mafia roleblocker you pull out of nowhere and think is 100% obvious. Setting aside how wrong you are- if that’s your only reason for voting KoC, then why are you ignoring that Lowell was a claimed tracker who says he got a result last night? The only way that that’s possible is if you know you’re wrong about a mafia roleblocker (making your reasoning for voting KoC fallacious) or if Lowell’s lying- in which case you should be attacking him too, since he’s implicated even more. Instead, you’re just using the shakiest of logic on KoC. I just hope I’m still around tomorrow to vote you.
It was one aspect amongst a plethora of information making KoC scummy.

This was just something that seemed as an err to his claim.

Saying Lowell I and KoC are scummy is just illogical. I want KoC to hang (and I think Lowell might as well)…But than again KoC, RBT are the two scum with the third being Dej or you.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Benmage »

I killed KoC. You all suck. Told you he was scum...I killed him cause I am a one shot vig. I tried to kill him two nights ago, but I was roleblocked.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (isolation #40) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Benmage »

Note we are in Lylo..there are two scum left. It will take 3 of us to lynch. So we have to be extra cautious if we vote incorrectly just once the two remaining scum can hop on it and hammer it and we lose.

I’m willing to say RBT and Emp are the remaining scum. Not going to vote, for the obvious reasons…what are you guys thinking?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (isolation #41) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Benmage »

I was roleblocked, It was never used.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (isolation #42) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Benmage »

EmpTyger wrote: Atronach/dejkha:
I want explicit confirmation in your next posts whether or not either of you cause KoC's death.
Rofl...wouldn't this of been wonderful if all already claimed!! like I wanted to do.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (isolation #43) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Benmage »

Atronach wrote: You tried to use your vig power Night 1? Not a credible claim even if you were a vigilante as using the vig power Night 1 is a terrible move since you can have no real idea of who is scum.
It wasn't N1 i did it the night before last..what night 2.

I was against KoC since the beginning. Ask the mod if that claim is even feasable. With the blocking etc etc..of course the roleblocker is most likely scum why else wouldn't they claim.

The "Do you know what that sound is, highness?" Votecount

Not Voting (5):
dejkha, Atronoch, Riceballtail, Lowell, Benmage, EmpTyger

4 to lynch
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (isolation #44) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by Benmage »

I have no idea what got shoved so far up your ass to think I'm scum.. I've called everything nearly perfect this game. Said the no lynch on RBT was BS. Called out KoC to be scum. Believed Caboose/Plum. Called Keriean from the getgo. Killed KoC...seriously You may be the one-shot roleblocker, but thats because you may be the 'one-shot' roleblocker scum.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (isolation #45) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Benmage »

Anyways, think it is safe to assume RBT is also scum? He's played pretty scummy imo. His whole doctor claim seemed utterly pathetic. Dej and Emp were the two others who chose not to vote that day on RBT.

I'm leaning towards Dej, but inactivity is not a usual occurrence of scum. We can afford to knock out RBT and than have two days where we can kill Dej first and than Emp if Dej is innocent.

So start the voting on RBT? what do you guys think?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (isolation #46) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:37 am

Post by Benmage »

My claim, or Emps?

Some of you guys are lying to me...so i expect as much.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (isolation #47) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Benmage »

@Emp, I was initially for a Lowell lynch. I do find him quite scummy. He’s hammered twice now which is glaring. Both players play-style is absolutely atrocious. I however disbelieve RBT’s terrible Doc claim over Lowell’s poor tracker claim.

I didn’t Vig kill N1 for lack of info.

I tried to Kill N2 and was role blocked.

Finally used my move N3 killing KoC.

I know we can’t rush today’s lynch. We are in Lylo. But a successful lynch today gives us two days of lynching to find the last scum.

So yeah, today is most crucial, and I am leaning towards RBT.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (isolation #48) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Benmage »

Emp?!?!?!? There are 2 scum remaining. Only one scum has been killed. Out of 12 players, no way there was only 2 scum. There is 2 scum in newbie games of 9 players. Obviously with 3 more, as in this game they would most likely add another scum. So out of the 6 remaining players I am assuming 2 are scum. So it is 4-2. If we misslynch it becomes 3-2..than assuming any night stopping roles have been used it becomes 2-2 after tonight, etc etc they win. Therefore we can’t misslynch today or we lose.

I agree with At’s last post 437.

I feel RBT’s claim at being a one-shot doc and his statement of usage was worse than Lowell’s.

Unfortunately I would love to lynch Lowell. I think this person is utterly useless and if he is scum, he played the most frustrating game ever, and I will always try and policy lynch him in future games. However I think he is just that bad of a player (and I will probably try and lynch him in policy games later too).

I’m going with my gut here
vote RBT
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (isolation #49) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Benmage »

Lowell’s double hammer was deplorable. And Emp’s vote was remaining on KoC. Perhaps both Emp and RBT are innocent. This is quite frustrating; I wish we had killed RBT the other day…

Dej is another possible candidate. Let me unvote for a min and do a re-read.

Unvote
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (isolation #50) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Benmage »

No lynch is the worst idea ever..I will be killed tonight.

I'm leaning RBT-Dej.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (isolation #51) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:53 am

Post by Benmage »

Lowell wrote:Limiting the field by one makes successful lynch easier.
Me dying doesn't make it easier. It just makes you guys more susceptible to scum persuasion.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (isolation #52) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by Benmage »

I think that there would be a doc role. I'm somewhat less concerned about RBT now. I think Lowell could be scum, and I suppose I am for this lynch.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (isolation #53) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by Benmage »

Pfft think tomorrow..this was totally a mislynch..lowell is probably justa god-awful player..lynch went to quickly too circumstantial..meh, w/e gg.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (isolation #54) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:08 pm

Post by Benmage »

Well done. Knew this last day was rushed. Probably would’ve lost anyways. Felt RBT was innocent for his doc claim, cuz I felt there had to be a doc role and no one countered his claim. Was really unsure about Lowell, wish we lynched him D2. God-awful player I will always try and policy lynch. A shame Dej went active to inactive to active etc etc… But because of it I felt he was town. Like I said in other games, I generally don’t notice scum players going inactive.

Again, I also called the role blocker move as a tendency to be a scum ability. So even tho Emp confirmed me, I was going to push his lynch if we made it to tomorrow….Maybe today, I didn’t honestly think the others were going to vote so quickly. I was trying to warn that the 2 remaining scum would hop quickly…oh well.

All in all, a fun game, grats scum very well played. All the one-shots were a nifty I idea, but imo this game seemed more advantageous than most in favor of scum.

Why did scum let me live after discovering my identity N1??? Did they think I’d kill an innocent, if so why the roleblock?

Thanks Porkens…Can you shoot me a pm, next time you host?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”