EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Deep down I would still really much rather lynch Benmage or Lowell if not KoC…

Kieraen:
…but at this point you’ve got a lot of work to convince me you wouldn’t be a decent alternative at deadline.

Why is Caboose is your number 3 suspect? Because Lowell has been more seriously silent, has a more problematic 1-shot claim, and whose claimed target is more suspicious.
Kieraen [382] wrote:<snip>
Knowing my alignment obviously, then I am inclined to believe Lowell's one claim ability.
<snip>
How so? You claimed vanilla yesterday. Temporarily assuming that you are innocent: If Lowell’s guilty, then of course he would know you targeted nobody.
The only way this makes Lowell’s ability believable is if you lied about being vanilla.
Kieraen [cont] wrote:KoC' claim felt more like an excuse than a reason. Particularly his claim of having 'one more ability to use' and 'refusing to kill someone' which would be our only genuine proof.
<snip>
Here’s what you said at the time:
Kieraen [333] wrote:I'm a bit thrown by your jack of all trades case. It fits, and I'm more than tempted to believe both yourself and Lowell.

I'm starting to get tempted by an Emptiger lynch. He's jumped on an attack of KoC just when he actualy has given us some info. He votes first rereads later... Strike while the irons hot? Keep pressure up?

Added to that he didn't vote yesterday he seems pretty quick to vote now.

For now I'm going to give KoC the benefit of the doubt. I'm not wholely satisfied with his claim, baring in mind that all the other roles have been one shots, and he has a 'two shot' (guaranteeing saftey tomorrow).
And from the [388-389] exchange- you sound like you trust KoC. Which means either you’re mafia with him, or you think he’s town (implying you’re mafia).

dejkha:
An excuse for the past few days doesn’t excuse what has been happening from long before that.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Nevermind. In the light of morning, KoC-Benmage-Lowell. Plus-or-minus dejkha still, but I’m not comfortable voting Kieraen any more.

Benmage:
Benmage [369] wrote:
Vote KoC

his claim fails here:

In newbie settings the scum sometimes have roleblockers. Assuming everything here is a 'one-shot' role its not farfetched to think they have a roleblocker. Announcing his role with this possibility... well i think he did so cause he's scum.
So you concluded KoC was guilty because of some mafia roleblocker you pull out of nowhere and think is 100% obvious. Setting aside how wrong you are- if that’s your only reason for voting KoC, then why are you ignoring that Lowell was a claimed tracker who says he got a result last night? The only way that that’s possible is if you know you’re wrong about a mafia roleblocker (making your reasoning for voting KoC fallacious) or if Lowell’s lying- in which case you should be attacking him too, since he’s implicated even more. Instead, you’re just using the shakiest of logic on KoC. I just hope I’m still around tomorrow to vote you.

Lowell:
So I just checked to see whether you suspected anyone other than RBT. With 1 exception, I had to go back to *Spyre*. But besides the suspiciousness of that, there’s something interesting with that exception. Earlier today, you say:
Lowell [319, [color=blue]emphasis added[/color]] wrote:
More detailed post will come when I get a chance. For now I'll say I find KoC very town
, Kiraen slightly town, and RBT suspiciously absent.

vote RBT
But here’s the more detailed post:
Lowell [362] wrote:<snip>
KoC is implicated in this, I think, and is likely to be RBTs buddy if he turns up scum. That he not only (a) didn't vote for RBT at deadline, but also (b) tried to frame this action as pro-town (it obviously isn't) to sway others not on the RBT bandwagon from hammering, looks bad. As much as he says otherwise, KoC willingly letting a deadline go (at the risk of killing what essentially, even if wrong, would only be a vanilla role!) is scummy.
But all that reasoning had already happened after you had declared KoC innocent! The only thing that changed was that I launched a legitimate attack on KoC which you realized you immediately needed to start distancing yourself from. It’s a shame I can’t finish today what I tried to do D1 and D2.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:40 am

Post by Benmage »

EmpTyger wrote: So you concluded KoC was guilty because of some mafia roleblocker you pull out of nowhere and think is 100% obvious. Setting aside how wrong you are- if that’s your only reason for voting KoC, then why are you ignoring that Lowell was a claimed tracker who says he got a result last night? The only way that that’s possible is if you know you’re wrong about a mafia roleblocker (making your reasoning for voting KoC fallacious) or if Lowell’s lying- in which case you should be attacking him too, since he’s implicated even more. Instead, you’re just using the shakiest of logic on KoC. I just hope I’m still around tomorrow to vote you.
It was one aspect amongst a plethora of information making KoC scummy.

This was just something that seemed as an err to his claim.

Saying Lowell I and KoC are scummy is just illogical. I want KoC to hang (and I think Lowell might as well)…But than again KoC, RBT are the two scum with the third being Dej or you.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:42 am

Post by Lowell »

Emp- I guess I changed my mind. I found KoC townish, but now I find his cockblocking our lynches detrimental.

TBH, I haven't been paying that much attention. I've been trying to understand why so many people are so steadfast in their refusal to lynch RBT.
Kieraen
Kieraen
Goon
Kieraen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:01 am

Post by Kieraen »

I'm not. I would willingly lynch RBT. The link between herself and both EMP and KoC makes her a far more interesting target than either myself (linked with Lowell) or Koc (only linked with RBT, with perhaps one more ability in the morning).

A reminder. She is linked to RBT as he investigated her 'innocent' and is linked to EMP as he 'saw her as doc since the beginning' and she has 'protected him last night'.

The only danger I feel is that she really is a one shot doc who has falsely claimed to have used her ability already in order to use it soon. I find this unlikely however.

@EMP
I hadnt considered that the arguments being used by myself against Caboose could be made in the exact same way about Lowell on me last night.

The major difference, for me, is that Plum was very townie, wheras I was a suspect last night. It made alot of sense to investigate a suspect, but Plum was never a serious suspect.

I don't trust KoC, but I think I would prefer an RBT lynch. I do have a little doubt, his JoaT claim may yet be true, but I am in no way convinced.

Would anyone be up for an RBT lynch? As one of perhaps the three leading suspects (myself RBT and KoC) I find her the one with the greatest potential for information, as being a likely mafia and being an essentialy redudant member of the village.
Show
Record:
0-8
3 Abandons

Bad bad record...
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:22 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

We have... 3 hours and 40 minutes. Kieraen, this feels like shameless bargaining on your part to avoid this dreaded no-lynch. Again - I will not be voting for RBT today, as I know she is pro-town, just as I am, just as you aren't, Kieraen.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:45 am

Post by Porkens »

From the time of this post, you have, roughly, 10 hours and 15 minutes to decide between democracy in action or democratic inaction.
Last edited by Porkens on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote kieraen
. Whatever. No lynch twice in one game? Terrible.

I'll be around to switch to KoC if it comes to that.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Porkens »

Final Votecount

Kieraen (5) - dejkha, Atronoch, Knight of Cydonia, Riceballtail, Lowell

Knight of Cydonia (3) - EmpTyger, Benmage, Kieraen

Not Voting (1):
Caboose

After an extended debate, the good town of Normalcy opted for democracy in action, rather than fall into democratic inaction once again.

Kieraen
Town Vanilla
has been lynched on day 3.

Gnashed teeth would be the only dinner for the townsfolk tonight!

It is now Night 3
  • All those with the ability to night-talk may now do so.
  • Any and all night actions must be sent to me via PM by the end of Night 3.
  • Night 3 will end on Saturday, April 18th, at 11:00 PST.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Porkens »

Night 3 has ended...

Are things better or worse? It's hard to tell. There were waffles for breakfast this morning, that's good. However, there was no syrup. There was toilet paper in the bathrooms across town, but not double-ply. It's as if, last night, the forces of good and evil each lost some of their power.

Caboose,
One-Shot Town Cop
, has died

The town weeps. But hark! Another body is here, not 3 feet away, and still holding the murder weapon!

Knight of Cydonia,
One-Shot Mafia Godfather
, has been shot in the back of the head.

Perhaps...there is still hope?

It is now Day 4
  • Night Talking must cease
  • Day 4 will end On
    Tuesday, April 28th, at 12:00 PST
  • 4 to lynch
Last edited by Porkens on Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:30 am

Post by dejkha »

God damn. I was in the middle of posting this on the day of the deadline and right in the middle of my reread, lowell hammers. I finished less than an hour after he hammered. I've had to adjust it due to Kiernans death and flip. Most of it was actually about Kier so I had to remove about half of it, so this is all that was left.
Kieraen wrote:What if for instance me and RBT are both townies?

We are wasting valuable time and lynch oppurtunities trying to discover which if any of us, is mafia?

On that matter, I'm thinking either scum was on RBT's wagon or she is scum and they were elsewhere (on yours or not voting). Those seem the most likely.

The only thing I see suspicious about KoC is how he's repeatedly saying his decision to avoid an RBT lynch yesterday is the reason why we're not in Lylo. But because of his Jack of all Trades claim and how much he preached her being town to be true, I'll believe it.
Emp wrote:Who do you think is mafia with Kieraen?

I'll say Lowell for previously stated reasons and you, but I can't pin anything down on you to make it valid except for the next quote, so it's mostly just a gut feeling. Since Kier flipped town, I don't have a third yet.
Emp wrote:That merits a reread and a vote.
Vote: Knight of Cydonia

Given the abnormality in this game (despite the title), I find his claim to be very true I don't see any reason to not believe it. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen scum try to lynch a role that could help town by trying to give good reasons for it.
Benmage wrote:Maybe lylo would be a good place to be.

WTF is this? I don't think there's any reason why that would be good.
Emp wrote:An excuse for the past few days doesn’t excuse what has been happening from long before that.

I don't care. I wasn't making an excuse, I was making an update and letting everyone know.

The only thing I see suspicious about KoC is how he's repeatedly saying his decision to avoid an RBT lynch yesterday is the reason why we're not in Lylo. But because of his Jack of all Trades claim and how much he preached her being town to be true, I'll believe it.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:32 am

Post by dejkha »

Wow, I didn't see that KoC was killed also. Probably best for a reread. I'll try to get that done over the weekend. I have a lot of games to catch up on.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
Kieraen
Kieraen
Goon
Kieraen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Kieraen »

:edit:
"Bah!"

Thanks for the heads up, but this should have been a non-issue.
Show
Record:
0-8
3 Abandons

Bad bad record...
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Benmage »

I killed KoC. You all suck. Told you he was scum...I killed him cause I am a one shot vig. I tried to kill him two nights ago, but I was roleblocked.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Benmage »

Note we are in Lylo..there are two scum left. It will take 3 of us to lynch. So we have to be extra cautious if we vote incorrectly just once the two remaining scum can hop on it and hammer it and we lose.

I’m willing to say RBT and Emp are the remaining scum. Not going to vote, for the obvious reasons…what are you guys thinking?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

First of all: Kieraen shut up.

Second of all: we have *6* alive
1) Atronach
2) Benmage
3) dejkha
4) EmpTyger
5) Lowell
6) RBT

So 4 to lynch. Not 3.

Benmage:
…So you’re claiming a 1-shot vigilante who got 2 shots?

Wow. And I thought KoC’s claim was bad.
Vote: Benmage
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Benmage »

I was roleblocked, It was never used.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by Porkens »

Sorry for the confusion. I mistakenly deleted Lowell's name from the living list instead of Kieraen's. I was in a hurry this morning. My apologies.

The "oops, my bad" Votecount

Benmage (1) - EmpTyger

Not Voting (5):
dejkha, Atronoch, Riceballtail, Lowell, Benmage

4 to lynch
Last edited by Porkens on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atronach
Atronach
Goon
Atronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:23 am

Post by Atronach »

I will have to do a reread. I am still of the strong belief that we find the two of our three scum amongst the lurkers; RBT, Lowell, and Dejkha. I will do a reread of Emp though as well as Benmage to evaluate his claim.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:40 am

Post by EmpTyger »

I was not expecting that.
Unvote: Benmage

Atronach/dejkha:
I want explicit confirmation in your next posts whether or not either of you cause KoC's death.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Benmage »

EmpTyger wrote: Atronach/dejkha:
I want explicit confirmation in your next posts whether or not either of you cause KoC's death.
Rofl...wouldn't this of been wonderful if all already claimed!! like I wanted to do.
Atronach
Atronach
Goon
Atronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Atronach »

Let me start by saying this:
Benmage wrote:I killed KoC. You all suck. Told you he was scum...I killed him cause I am a one shot vig. I tried to kill him two nights ago, but I was roleblocked.
Congratulations on the scummiest role claim I've seen yet. Also getting a second chance to use your 1-shot power despite being blocked...laughable:roll:. That is the first big hole in your claim. Second, there is no confirmed roleblocker in the game. Third:
Benmage wrote:I tried to kill him two nights ago...
You tried to use your vig power Night 1? Not a credible claim even if you were a vigilante as using the vig power Night 1 is a terrible move since you can have no real idea of who is scum.
Atronach
Atronach
Goon
Atronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Atronach »

Oh, and in response to Emptyger. No, I had nothing to do with KoC's death, this is not a counterclaim. I just have serious doubts as to Benmage's claim. If I may wifom a bit here, it looks like he's thrown out a claim counting on town believing him over Lowell, RBT, Dej, or Emp if they made their 1-shot vig claim. He is probably right in the case of Lowell and RBT. I am confident we've found scum in Benmage. His claim smells. I will do a reread and pbpa soon. Will also be looking into Emp and Rbt as partners.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by dejkha »

EmpTyger wrote:Atronach/dejkha:
I didn't.

I believe Ben's claim though. I don't think we've yet to have any claims or counter claims that show there's more than one kind of each One Shot role, so I don't think he'd risk claiming a more common role like that (unlike KoC, who claimed a rather rarely used role). So I'll believe him until someone CCs.

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Benmage's claim is laughable and his play is awful and I had a mostly finished post about how he and Lowell couldn't be more mafia.

Until he becamed confirmed innocent. So, now I need to reread because now I'm second-guessing everything else.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”