Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Crackers! Mafia -- Game Over. See page 50

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Adel »

Crackers! Mafia

See this post for a little more explanation about the mechanics of this game.

Possibly Living Players:
3. DrippingGoofball
6. Korts
8. destructor
10. Elmo
11. Raging Rabbit

Confirmed Non-Living Players:
Guardian, Tracker, Town-aligned,
killed Day 1
curiouskarmadog, Townie,
lynched Day 1
Kison, Townie,
killed Day 2
Battle Mage, Townie,
lynched Day 2
Yosarian2, Inuit Mafia Godfather,
killed Day 3
forbiddanlight
SensFan
, Inuit Mafia Goon,
lynched Day 3
roflcopter, Town Doctor,
killed Day 4
vollkan, Inuit Mafia Goon,
killed Day 4
populartajo
ZazieR
, Townie,
lynched Day 4

Possible Roles

All roles that appear in the game are from this list. Not every role in this list is used in the game.

Compulsive Vig You are a Vigilante. You are frustrated with the ineffective procedures of the town, really frustrated. Once each day you may PM me the name of one player, and you will take out your frustrations by killing that player. If you do not send me the name of a player by the end of a day, you will kill a random player (you may be that random player) instead whose death shall be revealed with the lynch scene. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text.

You win if only town-aligned players are alive at the end of the game.

Cop You are a Cop. By breaking police procedures and violating a person’s right to privacy, you can tell the difference between scum and town. Once each day, you may PM me the name of one player and I will tell you (via PM and within 48 hours) if that player is innocent or guilty of being scum. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. I will deliver your investigation results by sending you a PM containing the quoted text of your action PM along with either "innocent" or "guilty" or (if your action is blocked) "no result".

Doctor You are a Doctor, dedicated to saving lives. If you PM me the name of one player before end of a day, that player will be protected from
one
kill for the rest of that period of day. You can not protect yourself. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

Mafia DoctorYou are a Doctor, dedicated to saving lives. Each day you may PM me the name of one player and that player will be protected from
one
kill for the rest of that period of day. You can not protect yourself. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

You are also a member of the _____ Mafia with _____. Due to the Oath of Hippocrates, you are not allowed to perform your Mafia’s kill.

While you are alive, you can talk with the other living members of your mafia via the quicktopic thread found at________.

You win if only members of your mafia are alive at the end of the game.

Mafia Godfather You are the mighty Godfather of the _____ Mafia. ________ are also members of your mafia. Because you are so crafty, you are immune to Cop investigations.

While you are alive, you can talk with the other living members of your mafia via the quicktopic thread found at________.

Each day, a single member of your mafia can PM me the name of a player. That member of your mafia will attempt to kill the targeted player. Your mafia only gets one kill per day. If I do not receive a PM before the deadline for that day, no kill will be performed. If I receive more than one PM for the day's kill from your mafia, only the first one sent will count. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

Mafia Goon You are a Goon in the _____ Mafia. ________ are also members of your mafia.

Each day, a single member of your mafia can PM me the name of a player. That member of your mafia will attempt to kill the targeted player. Your mafia only gets one kill per day. If I do not receive a PM before end of a day, no kill will be performed. If I receive more than one PM for the day's kill from your mafia, only the first one sent will count. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

Mafia Roleblocker You are a Roleblocker in the _____ Mafia. ________ are also members of your mafia.

Each day, a single member of your mafia can PM me the name of a player. That member of your mafia will attempt to kill the targeted player. Your mafia only gets one kill per day. If I do not receive a PM before the deadline for that day, no kill will be performed. If I receive more than one PM for the day's kill from your mafia, only the first one sent will count. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

As an additional ability, once each day you may PM me the name of a player. That player’s action, if it has not yet been submitted for that period of day, will not occur. If I do not receive a PM before end of a day you will not block any player. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. If you are targeted by another roleblocker before you submit your roleblock, your attempted block will not take effect, and you will not be informed.

You may perform both a kill and a roleblock in the same period of day.

RoleblockerYou are a Roleblocker.

Each day you may PM me the name of a player. That player’s action, if it has not yet been submitted for that period of day, will not occur. If I do not receive a PM before end of a day, you will not block any player. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. If you are targeted by another roleblocker your attempted block will not take effect, and you will not be informed.

Serial Killer You are an evil and calculating Serial Killer. Because you are so crafty, you are immune to kills.

Each day you may PM me the name of one player, and you will kill that player. If you do not send me the name of a player by the end of a day, you will kill a random player (you may be that random player) instead whose death shall be revealed in that day's lynch scene. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

You win if you are the only player left alive at the end of the game.

TownieYou are a Townie. You have no abilities other than your vote.

Tracker You are a Tracker. Each day you may PM the name of one player before the end of that day. If that player targeted any other players during that period of day after I receive your PM, I will tell you (via PM at the end of the day) the names of those players targeted. If your action is blocked you will not be informed. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. I will deliver your investigation results by sending you a PM containing the quoted text of your action PM along with either "none" or the names of the players that your target targeted.

Rules:

You may
not
PM or IM or otherwise contact any player at anytime about this game, regardless of if you are living or dead. If your role makes an exception to this rule for you, strictly follow the new rule in your role PM.

Once you are dead you can no longer post in-thread.
Not even a "bah." post.
Seriously.

Each player can vote for exactly one other player at a time during the day. Make your choice in bold letters like
Vote: YYYYYY

To change your vote, post
Unvote
in bold letters, or make a post voting for someone else in accordance with

Cast votes and unvotes that do not follow the formatting guideline described in (3.) and (4.) will
not
be counted.

A lynch will occur when more than 50% of the players have their votes placed upon the same player, or have their votes placed upon
Nolynch
. After the 50%+1 threshold is reached, the lynch will occur regardless of any subsequent posting.

"Day" is defined as the period between the moderator's "Start of Day __" post, and when either (a) the deadline is reached, or (b) a vote is cast that places a player past the 50%+1 threshold necessary for a lynch.
Role actions can only be submitted during periods of day. I will post any public results of resolved actions (only death scenes in the case of this game) between 2 and 36 hours after receiving the PM.

"Twilight" is defined as the period between (a) the deadline and the following "Start of Day ___" post, or (b) the time of the final valid vote necessary for a lynch or nolynch was cast and the following "Start of Day ___" post. Role actions are not valid if they are submitted during periods of twilight.

The game starts once I make a post saying "Start of Day 1". I will unlock the thread once everyone has received their role PM. It is not necessary to PM me back or post "/confirm" in the thread: just start playing.

Each period of Day will have a deadline I announce, where:
initial date + 1.5 days * the number of living players = deadline date
There will be
no
extensions. A deadline is a deadline, so talk while you can.

When 72 hours have passed without an individual player posting, I will prod that player only if requested to do so in-thread by any other player.

If a prodded player does not open the prodding PM within 72 hours he will be replaced. Until a replacement is found the player facing replacement can still vote and post. If I have to prod a player a third time during the game, I will replace him. If you expect to be unable to post in the game for 48+ hours, send me a PM. I do not check the vacation/leave thread.

Each votecount will contain the "
¬
" character next to the name of the player who will die if no votes are changed before the deadline. The "
¬
" character will remain on the same player until another player has more votes. Note that an effect of this rule is that in end-game scenarios the first person to vote may win the game simply by voting first.

If you have the ability to edit posts, don't do it in this thread.

If you have any questions please ask me via PM or in-thread as they occur to you. I will be as fair and helpful as I can

Every moderator will make mistakes, and I am no exception. Please be patient, understanding, and forgiving towards me.

I support free speech. Quote anything you like
(except for ongoing games!)
whenever you like. All forms of cryptography that do not require software (or more than 1 hour with just pen and paper) for encryption or decryption are acceptable as well. Do not PM or otherwise contact players outside the thread with game related information unless you are explicitly permitted.

Talking about ongoing games is against Mafiascum.net rules. See mith's post at http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6470 for the complete set of forum rules.

Exceptions: you may
*cite when (date, time) a player has posted elsewhere on this site
*cite information posted by a moderator in another game (including alignment if it is revealed by the mod)

You shall not otherwise reference another game.
If you write a post has a chance of breaking this site-wide rule, PM it to me before you post it. I will tell you if it would get you modkilled or not.

The game ends when all living players share the same win condition. If the game never ends then there will never be a "winner".

Breaking a rule = death for a given value of death. I determine that value. A modkill will not end the day.

~~~

Deep setup speculation is designed to be an element of the game. To help level the playing field between new players and those familiar with my games, here are my previously moderated games:
Mini 510 -- minimal mafia
Open 61 -- Mountainous Multiball (Designed by TheFonz)
Mini 569 -- Adel's Nightmare
Mafia 80 -- Nice Shot! Mafia
and here are game setups I designed that have been used in the Open Game Queue:
Big Love Co-Designed with Zindaras
Polygamist
Lovers Multiball
Carbon-14 Night Watch
Mayo Clinic
Last edited by Adel on Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:44 am, edited 26 times in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Adel »

Role Pms have been sent in random order to prevent date/time confirmation of alignment. Once all role PMs have been opened I will unlock the thread and the game will start.
a player wrote:I'm not 100% familiar with Deep South. Do actions (kills, block, protect, etc...) occur when you receive them, or between the lynch scene and daybreak?
Both, depending upon the specific role.
Read the list of possible roles, and rule 7. carefully.

There are three basic categories:
1. Instant actions: kills,
cop investigations

2. Rest of day actions: block, protect,
track

3. End of day actions:
investigations
receive tracker investigation results

The "Tracker" role is something of a hybrid of a "rest of day" action and an "end of day" action, all other roles fit neatly into a single category.

edit: corrections are made in red. See this post for more information.
Last edited by Adel on Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Adel »

Start of Day 1

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚
votecount as of post 1

with 14 alive, 8 will lynch before deadline

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

¬No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:Battle Mage, curiouskarmadog, destructor, DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Guardian, Kison, Korts, Raging Rabbit, roflcopter, SensFan, vollkan, Yosarian2, ZazieR

Day 1's deadline is December 6th at 16:40(UTC)

Countdown timer to deadline
Last edited by Adel on Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #5 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Adel »

SensFan wrote:Just so you know, the deadline timer shows December 28th.
I fixed it.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 53

Korts:
:curiouskarmadog, roflcopter, Battle Mage
Battle Mage:
:Raging Rabbit, Korts
Kison:
:DrippingGoofbal, Guardian
Raging Rabbit:
:Elmo
Guardian:
:Kison
Battle Mage:
:SensFan

¬No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:destructor, vollkan, Yosarian2, ZazieR

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Adel »

There seems to be some confusion about my version of the Deep South mechanic.
a Player wrote: If someone killed someone earlier in the day, and then was targeted by a tracker, would the tracker get a result that they targeted whomever died?
nope
What if some non killing role sent in an action earlier in the day, and then was targeted by a tracker, would the tracker see that they targeted another player?
nope

The Tracker role gets an investigation result at the end of the day which lists each player the targeted player targeted during the period from (a) to (b) where
(a) is the moment I received the Tracker's action PM
and
(b) is the end of that day.

Roleblocking works in a similar way: the targeted player's actions are blocked from (a) to (b) where
(a) is the moment I received the Roleblocker's action PM
and

The protection of a Doctor also works in a similar way, where the targeted player is protected from a single kill from (a) to (b) where
(a) is the moment I received the Doctor's action PM
and

Note that kills are resolved at the moment I get the kill action PM, but the Deathscene for that kill will be posted between 2 and 36 hours after the kill occurs, so there is a chance that players with actions may target dead people. Dead people do not count as valid targets, and therefore will not count as the action for the day.

Deadlines and "Start of Day_" posts will rotate though the 24 clock in such a way to prevent players in certain timezones a consistent advantage or disadvantage.
Last edited by Adel on Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #79 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 78

¬Korts:
:curiouskarmadog, roflcopter, Battle Mage, Guardian
Battle Mage:
:Raging Rabbit, Korts, SensFan
Raging Rabbit:
:Elmo, destructor
Kison:
:DrippingGoofball
Guardian:
vollkan:
:vollkan

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:Yosarian2, ZazieR

Last edited by Adel on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #98 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Adel »

destructor wrote:
Mod:
You've listed Elmo and I as voting for RR separately. Sens' vote on BM as well.
thanks. I'm a little off today. I had to edit that votecount six times now.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #100 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:59 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 99

¬Battle Mage:
Korts:
:roflcopter, Battle Mage,
Raging Rabbit:
Kison:
:DrippingGoofball, Guardian
Guardian:
vollkan:
roflcopter:
:curiouskarmadog

No Lynch:
none

not voting:

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #126 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 125

¬Battle Mage:
Raging Rabbit:
Kison:
:DrippingGoofball, Guardian
Korts:
:Battle Mage,
Guardian:
vollkan:
roflcopter:
curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter

No Lynch:
none

not voting:

Last edited by Adel on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #155 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:35 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 154

¬curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter, DrippingGoofball, destructor, vollkan
Battle Mage:
Korts:
:Battle Mage, ZazieR
Raging Rabbit:
:Elmo,
Kison:
:, Guardian
Guardian:
roflcopter:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:Yosarian2,

Last edited by Adel on Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #202 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 201

¬curiouskarmadog:
Battle Mage:
roflcopter:
:curiouskarmadog, Kison
Korts:
:ZazieR, Battle Mage
Raging Rabbit:
Kison:
: Guardian

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:Yosarian2

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #213 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Adel »

roflcopter wrote:
mod, please prod yosarian2

he hasn't posted at all
72 hours have not passed yet. See rule 11.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #231 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 230

¬curiouskarmadog:
Battle Mage:
:Raging Rabbit, SensFan
roflcopter:
:curiouskarmadog, Kison
Korts:
:ZazieR
Raging Rabbit:
DrippingGoofBall:
Guardian:
: Korts
Yosarian2:
: Battle Mage

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:Yosarian2

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #252 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 251

¬curiouskarmadog:
Guardian:
: Korts, Battle Mage
Battle Mage:
roflcopter:
:curiouskarmadog,
Korts:
:ZazieR
Raging Rabbit:
DrippingGoofBall:
Elmo:
:Raging Rabbit

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:Kison, Yosarian2

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #254 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Adel »

Guardian wrote:fyi:
Adel wrote:
Guardian wrote:Adel, are the mafia allowed to talk one on one via PM (or in some other generally unobserved area) regularly during the day? It is not clear from the front post (to me).

Also, can they (and other roles) prearrange events? Can they PM you ("kill Player 1 at 1:00 AM")? Can they PM you ("kill Player 1 right before the day ends")? Also, what happens if you have not resolved a mafia kill and someone is lynched in the meantime?
-mafia are allowed to talk via quicktopic -- see PM.
-no
-no
-no
- they don't kill anyone
I'm sad that Adel didn't answer my questions in the thread like she did with the last ones :(.

As much as I think I have something on DGB, I want to put this out for consideration -- she implied I was trying to lead BM away from being scummy, inasmuch as he could be my scum partner and I couldn't talk to him during the day. Mafia can talk via quicktopic. Does it make sense to take it as an indicator of DGB-townness that she was arguing that I had to communicate to BM in this thread? That could be faked, I dunno.. I just thought of it and am not sure what to think so I wanted to throw that out there.

PS: An interesting consequence of the rules as Adel responded to me is that if we quick-lynch someone before Adel has resolved a mafia kill, the mafia kill will not go through. So we might want to try that as a strategy at some point, and in fact we might want to be more liberal about hammering on a whim or some such if the mafia have not killed yet. Sure, mafia could get away with BS quick hammers, but then they would be killing scummy people instead of whomever they chose.
I answered your questions too quickly- I didn't read carefully. Sorry. If a kill is sent it resolves instantly. If a lynch is reached
in between
the time when a kill is sent and when I post the death-scene information in thread, the kill
will still occur
, and will be posted just before the lynchscene.

Sorry for any confusion.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #320 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Adel »

Guardian wrote:
request prod on Yosarian2
if it hasn't been done.
A prod has now been sent.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #332 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 331

¬curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter, DrippingGoofball, destructor, vollkan, Yosarian2
Korts:
:ZazieR, Battle Mage, Elmo
Battle Mage:
:SensFan, Korts
roflcopter:
Elmo:
:Raging Rabbit,
DrippingGoofBall:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:Kison,

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #350 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 349

¬curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter, DrippingGoofball, destructor, vollkan, Yosarian2
Korts:
Battle Mage:
roflcopter:
Elmo:
DrippingGoofBall:
:Guardian
ZazieR:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
none

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #362 (isolation #19) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Adel »

Death Scene

Guardian, Tracker, Town-aligned, has been killed

votecount as of post 361

with 13 alive, 7 will lynch before deadline

¬curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter, DrippingGoofball, destructor, vollkan, Yosarian2, curiouskarmadog
Korts:
Battle Mage:
Elmo:
ZazieR:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
none

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #385 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Adel »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Mod, has there be any death scenes posted and then edit/deleted?
No.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #386 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 385

¬Korts:
:ZazieR, Battle Mage, Elmo, destructor
curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter, vollkan, Yosarian2
Battle Mage:
Elmo:
ZazieR:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:curiouskarmadog, DrippingGoofball,

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #402 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 401

¬Korts:
:ZazieR, Battle Mage, Elmo, destructor
curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter, vollkan, Yosarian2, DrippingGoofball
Battle Mage:
Elmo:
DrippingGoofball:
Yosarian2:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
none

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #406 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Adel »

populartajo replaces ZazieR, by request. I thank ZazieR for replacing out early while it was still easy to find a replacement, and without requiring me to send prods.

Thanks for replacing in populartajo!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #425 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 424

¬curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter, Yosarian2, DrippingGoofball, populartajo
Korts:
:Battle Mage, Elmo, destructor
Battle Mage:
Yosarian2:
:Kison, vollkan
Elmo:
DrippingGoofball:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
none

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #449 (isolation #25) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Adel »

bumping votecount to next page...
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #450 (isolation #26) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 449

¬curiouskarmadog:
Korts:
:Battle Mage, Elmo, destructor, Raging Rabbit
Battle Mage:
Yosarian2:
DrippingGoofball:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
none

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #482 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Adel »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Gone from the 25th until the 30th for the holidays...replace me if you got to...have 3 games that need serious updating..will try to hit them up tomorrow (25th) before I leave..
Considering your activity level compared to the rest of the players in this game (making 41 out of 482 posts in a 14 player game) I don't have a problem with you taking five days off for the holiday.
Thanks for notifying me in thread.

I will not send you a prod if you post on or before Dec 1.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #487 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:35 pm

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 486

¬curiouskarmadog:
Korts:
Yosarian2:
Battle Mage:
DrippingGoofball:
Raging Rabbit:
:Korts

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
none

Day 1's deadline is December 6th at 16:46(UTC)

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #497 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Adel »

destructor wrote:
Mod:
Can SensFan be prodded? I think everyone else is accounted for, but, just incase, BM might need one too.
BM has posted within the last 72 hours.
SensFan has been prodded.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #511 (isolation #30) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 510

¬curiouskarmadog:
Korts:
Yosarian2:
Battle Mage:
DrippingGoofball:
Raging Rabbit:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
none

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #526 (isolation #31) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 525

¬curiouskarmadog:
Korts:
Yosarian2:
Battle Mage:
DrippingGoofball:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #553 (isolation #32) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 525

¬curiouskarmadog:
Korts:
Yosarian2:
DrippingGoofball:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:Korts, SensFan

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #565 (isolation #33) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Adel »

due to the Thanksgiving holiday in the US, I'm pardoning all lack of activity up to this moment. Starting 72 hours from now, my normal prodding requirements will take effect.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #574 (isolation #34) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by Adel »

pushing the vote count to the next page
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #575 (isolation #35) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 573

¬curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter, Yosarian2, DrippingGoofball, populartajo, Korts
Korts:
Yosarian2:
vollkan:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #604 (isolation #36) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 603

¬curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter, Yosarian2, DrippingGoofball, populartajo, Korts
Korts:
:Elmo, destructor, Raging Rabbit, Kison
vollkan:
:curiouskarmadog, Battle Mage,
Yosarian2:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #629 (isolation #37) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 628

¬curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter, Yosarian2, populartajo, Korts, vollkan
Korts:
:Elmo, destructor, Raging Rabbit, Kison
vollkan:
Battle Mage:
DrippingGoofball:
:Battle Mage

No Lynch:
none

not voting:

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #643 (isolation #38) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Adel »

destructor wrote:
Mod:
I think a few people need prods. Sens and probably Elmo.

Also, I'm going to have limited access until Dec 14.
Prods have been sent to Elmo and SensFan.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #690 (isolation #39) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by Adel »

Death Scene

curiouskarmadog got lynched. He was a vanilla townie.

votecount as of post 689

Final Votecount of Day 1

¬curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter, Yosarian2, populartajo, Korts, vollkan
Korts:
:Elmo, destructor, Raging Rabbit, Kison, DrippingGoofball
vollkan:
DrippingGoofball:
:Battle Mage

No Lynch:
none

not voting:

Start of Day 2

initial votecount

with 12 alive, 7 will lynch before deadline

¬No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:Battle Mage, destructor, DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Kison, Korts, populartajo, Raging Rabbit, roflcopter, SensFan, vollkan, Yosarian2

Day 2's deadline is December 26th at 22:48 (UTC)

I pushed the deadline slightly so that it wouldn't fall on Christmas for anyone.
Last edited by Adel on Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #754 (isolation #40) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Adel »

Death Scene

Kison, a vanilla townie, has been killed

votecount as of post 753

with 11 alive, 6 will lynch before deadline

¬SensFan:
:roflcopter, Yosarian2
Battle Mage:
:DrippingGoofball, Korts
Korts:
DrippingGoofball:
:Battle Mage,
Yosarian2:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:destructor, Elmo, populartajo, SensFan,

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #756 (isolation #41) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Adel »

Yosarian2 wrote:ANd yeah, Sensfan is lurking.

Vote:Sensfan

Mod:Could you please prod Sensfan?
It hasn't been 72 hours yet since I last prodded him.

One more prod for him will result in immediate replacement.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #780 (isolation #42) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 779

¬Battle Mage:
:DrippingGoofball, Korts, populartajo
SensFan:
:roflcopter, Yosarian2
Yosarian2:
:vollkan, Battle Mage
Korts:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:destructor, Elmo, , SensFan,

Last edited by Adel on Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #793 (isolation #43) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Adel »

I'm looking for replacements for SensFan (inactivity) and Battle Mage (by request).

Feel free to invite people you would like to play mafia with to replace in!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #807 (isolation #44) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by Adel »

Death Scene

Battle Mage got lynched. He was a vanilla townie.

final votecount of Day 2

¬Battle Mage:
:DrippingGoofball, Korts, populartajo, Yosarian2, roflcopter, destructor
Yosarian2:
:vollkan, Battle Mage
Korts:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:Elmo, SensFan,

Start of Day 3

initial votecount

with 10 alive, 6 will lynch before deadline

¬No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:destructor, DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Korts, populartajo, Raging Rabbit, roflcopter, SensFan, vollkan, Yosarian2

Day 3's deadline is December 26th at 12:28 (UTC)

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #813 (isolation #45) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Adel »

In the rules, I wrote:
Once you are dead you can no longer post in-thread.
Not even a "bah." post.
Seriously.

~~~

forbiddanlight replaces SensFan.

Thanks for replacing in!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #827 (isolation #46) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 826

¬Korts:
vollkan:
:roflcopter,
Yosarian2:
:destructor,

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:DrippingGoofball, Elmo, forbiddanlight, Korts, populartajo, vollkan, Yosarian2

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #853 (isolation #47) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:39 pm

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 852

¬Korts:
vollkan:
Yosarian2:
:destructor,
DrippingGoofball:
:forbiddanlight,

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Korts, populartajo, vollkan, Yosarian2

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #865 (isolation #48) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Adel »

Death Scene

Yosarian2, an Inuit Mafia Godfather, has been killed

votecount as of post 864

with 9 alive, 5 will lynch before deadline

¬Korts:
vollkan:
DrippingGoofball:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:destructor, DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Korts, populartajo, vollkan,

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #880 (isolation #49) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Adel »

destructor wrote:
Mod:
Can Elmo be prodded? I think it's been 72 hours now.
A prod has been sent.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #881 (isolation #50) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 880

¬Korts:
:Raging Rabbit, roflcopter, destructor
DrippingGoofball:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Korts, populartajo, vollkan,

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #942 (isolation #51) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Adel »

I have a nagging suspicion that there is a mistake in this votecount, but I can't identify it.
fixed

votecount as of post 941

¬vollkan:
:DrippingGoofball, roflcopter, forbiddanlight
Korts:
:destructor
forbiddanlight:
Elmo:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:Elmo, populartajo, Raging Rabbit

Last edited by Adel on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #946 (isolation #52) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Adel »

that would be it. thank you.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #958 (isolation #53) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 957

¬vollkan:
:DrippingGoofball, roflcopter, forbiddanlight
Korts:
forbiddanlight:
Elmo:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #975 (isolation #54) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 974

¬forbiddanlight:
:vollkan, destructor, Korts
vollkan:
:DrippingGoofball, forbiddanlight
Elmo:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1005 (isolation #55) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:14 am

Post by Adel »

Death Scene

forbiddanlight got lynched. She was an Inuit Mafia Goon.

final votecount

¬forbiddanlight:
:vollkan, destructor, Korts, Raging Rabbit, populartajo
vollkan:
:DrippingGoofball, forbiddanlight
Elmo:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:

Start of Day 4

initial votecount

with 8 alive, 5 will lynch before deadline

¬No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:destructor, DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Korts, populartajo, Raging Rabbit, roflcopter, vollkan

Day 4's deadline is December 31st at 08:08 (UTC)

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1025 (isolation #56) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by Adel »

Death Scene

roflcopter, Doctor, Town-aligned was killed.

votecount as of 1024

with 7 alive, 4 will lynch before deadline

¬No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:destructor, DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Korts, populartajo, Raging Rabbit, vollkan

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1049 (isolation #57) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Adel »

An alert player pointed out a mod error.
Adel wrote:
Cop You are a Cop. By breaking police procedures and violating a person’s right to privacy, you can tell the difference between scum and town.
Once each day, you may PM me the name of one player and I will tell you (via PM and within 48 hours) if that player is innocent or guilty of being scum.
I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. I will deliver your investigation results by sending you a PM containing the quoted text of your action PM along with either "innocent" or "guilty" or (if your action is blocked) "no result".

Tracker You are a Tracker. Each day you may PM the name of one player before the end of that day.
If that player targeted any other players during that period of day after I receive your PM, I will tell you (via PM at the end of the day) the names of those players targeted. If your action is blocked you will not be informed. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. I will deliver your investigation results by sending you a PM containing the quoted text of your action PM along with either "none" or the names of the players that your target targeted.

this post therefor contains errors, corrections are made in red.
Adel wrote:Role Pms have been sent in random order to prevent date/time confirmation of alignment. Once all role PMs have been opened I will unlock the thread and the game will start.
a player wrote:I'm not 100% familiar with Deep South. Do actions (kills, block, protect, etc...) occur when you receive them, or between the lynch scene and daybreak?
Both, depending upon the specific role.
Read the list of possible roles, and rule 7. carefully.

There are three basic categories:
1. Instant actions: kills,
cop investigations

2. Rest of day actions: block, protect,
track

3. End of day actions:
investigations
receive tracker investigation results

The "Tracker" role is something of a hybrid of a "rest of day" action and an "end of day" action, all other roles fit neatly into a single category.
When there is a conflict between something I've posted and the specific wording of role PMs, the specific wording of role PMs takes precedence.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1052 (isolation #58) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Adel »

votecount as of 1051

with 7 alive, 4 will lynch before deadline

vollkan:
:populartajo,

¬No Lynch:
none

not voting:

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1070 (isolation #59) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Adel »

Death Scene

vollkan, an Inuit Mafia Goon, has been killed

votecount as of 1069

with 6 alive, 4 will lynch before deadline

vollkan:
:populartajo,

¬No Lynch:
none

not voting:

Last edited by Adel on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1076 (isolation #60) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Adel »

destructor wrote:
Mod:
Is the SK immune to it's own kills?
nope. Ditto for the vig.
Raging Rabbit wrote: Question is,
mod
, does the SK's random kill go off at the end of the day even if he gets lynched?
nope. Ditto for the vig. I like that idea though. I think I'll use it in my next game.

votecount as of 1075

¬No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:destructor, DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Korts, populartajo, Raging Rabbit

Last edited by Adel on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1080 (isolation #61) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Adel »

Elmo wrote:
mod
: Hypothetically, can mafia power role choices be submitted by other mafia members? As in, could Vollkan have submitted an action for an Inuit Mafia Roleblocker if one exists?
In past games I have allowed it.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1105 (isolation #62) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Adel »

a mistake free votecount!

votecount as of 1104

¬populartajo:
Korts:

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Korts, populartajo,

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1116 (isolation #63) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:31 pm

Post by Adel »

votecount as of 1115

¬Korts:
:destructor, populartajo
populartajo:
:Raging Rabbit, Korts

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:DrippingGoofball, Elmo,

Last edited by Adel on Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1127 (isolation #64) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by Adel »

votecount as of 1126

¬populartajo:
:Raging Rabbit, Korts, DrippingGoofball
Korts:
:destructor, populartajo

No Lynch:
none

not voting:

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1152 (isolation #65) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Adel »

votecount as of 1151

¬Korts:
:destructor, populartajo, DrippingGoofball
populartajo:
:Raging Rabbit, Korts,

No Lynch:
none

not voting:

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1207 (isolation #66) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by Adel »

Death Scene

populartajo got lynched. He was a vanilla townie.

final votecount

¬populartajo:
:Raging Rabbit, Korts, destructor, Elmo
Korts:
DrippingGoofball:
:populartajo

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:

Start of Day 5

initial votecount

with 5 alive, 3 will lynch before deadline

¬No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:destructor, DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Korts, Raging Rabbit

Day 5's deadline is January 8, 2009 at 18:08 UTC

Last edited by Adel on Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1218 (isolation #67) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Adel »

disclaimer: this is just a votecount.

votecount as of post 1217

¬Korts:
:DrippingGoofball,

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:destructor, Elmo, Korts, Raging Rabbit

Day 5's deadline is January 8, 2009 at 18:08 UTC

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1228 (isolation #68) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Adel »

Death Scene

Raging Rabbit was killed. He was a vanilla townie.

Korts got lynched. He was a Serial Killer.

final votecount

¬Korts:
:DrippingGoofball, Raging Rabbit, Elmo,

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:destructor, Korts,

The town wins.

Day 1
1. roflcopter --> protects --> destructor
2. Guardian --> tracks --> destructor (Guardian died before end of day, received no result)
3. Sensfan (mafia) --> kills --> Gaurdian (dead)
4. Elmo --> investigates --> Battle Mage (innocent)
5. Korts (Sk) --> kills --> destructor (failed due to doc protect)

Day 2
1. roflcopter --> protects --> destructor
2. Korts(Sk) --> kills --> Kison (dead)
3. SensFan (mafia) --> kills --> destructor (failed due to doc protect)
4. Elmo (cop) did not submit a cop investigation.

Day 3
1. roflcopter --> protects --> DGB (did he think his previous two protects failed?) (does he end up thinking that DGB is innocent if there is only 1 kill?)
2. vollkan (mafia) --> kills --> Korts (fails. SK is immune to kills)
3. Korts (SK) --> kills --> Yosarian 2 (dead)
4. Elmo (cop) --> investigates --> Raging Rabbit (Innocent!)

Day 4
1. roflcopter --> protects --> Raging Rabbit
2. vollkan (mafia) --> kills --> roflcopter (doctor, finally!)
3. Elmo --> investigates --> vollkan (Guilty!)
4. Korts --> kills --> vollkan (dead)

Day 5
1. Elmo --> investigates Korts --> guilty
2. Korts --> kills --> Raging Rabbit (dead) (sent right after the hammer & doesn't really change anything, so I let it go through)
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1231 (isolation #69) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Adel »

was the setup balanced? I think it was, but the town played very strongly. I really didn't expect a player to get himself confirmed pro-town on day 1, and for the player to be protected from kills twice.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1238 (isolation #70) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Adel »

Korts wrote:I think this town's deserving of a nomination.
Korts nominated the town for a scummie, and I seconded here.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1240 (isolation #71) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Adel »

populartajo wrote:
Conclusion
Either rolf and des are manipulating me like shit but they really scream town to me. DGB also felt town until he had that chat with CKD some pages ago, totally exaggerating an hypothesis the later brought to the table.
Elmo hasnt posted much but he also feels town. Gut.
BM is just being BM but slightly scummy.
Korts also I dont find him particularly scummy but there is something I dont like about him. Prob related to his stance in the rolf-CKD battle. Will reread him soon to have a better feeling about him.
Yos and Vollkan are hard to read but I expected to get a town read from them but havent. So neutral and will look closely at his post some time from now.
CKD felt scummy since page 5, pushing a weak case, and then went V/LA. When he came back he voted himsef. Yeah, he is the one I want to lynch today.
Kison at the same time also feels off sometimes, for not seeing the blatant CKD's scumminess. Add Sensefan to that group.
RR doesnt post much and when he does he generally asks questions. Not too fan of this.
this was populartajo's third post in the game. He nailed it.
roflcoptor stayed hidden long enough to protect 4 times, and to of his doc protects prevented a kill.
Destructor somehow got himself confirmed as pro-town to almost everyone on day 1.
Raging Rabbit kept on making really astute posts like
As for game balance, GF + 3 goons vs. cop + doc + tracker + vig seems excessive, but trading the vig for an SK seems unbalanced the other way around. The two setups that make the most sense to me are GF + 2 goons + SK vs. cop + doc + tracker + 7 townies (Korts is scum), or GF + 3 goons vs. doc + tracker + vig + 7 townies (Elmo is scum).
The only real mistake made by any town player was Elmo not sending in an investigation during day 2. Even though he had an innocent on BM from day 1, I don't think that it was a mistake for him to not clear BM. Letting BM hang was probably good for the town.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1247 (isolation #72) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Adel »

I have high hopes for the Deep South format. Cannibal Sex Cult Mafia is still in the works, and as a fully closed and very intricate Theme Game full of disturbing flavor it should be my opus.

I think I need to run at least one more semi-open and relatively normal Deep South game first, since I'm still working the kinks out of how to write and manage and balance roles for this kind of game.

What do you guys think of these?

Doctor You are a Doctor, dedicated to saving lives. If you PM me the name of one player before end of a day, that player will be protected from
one
kill for
the rest of that period of day
the next period of day
. You can not protect yourself. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

this will nerf the doctor a little, and clean up the sequence of move resolution a little. I want to avoid having a race to see who can submit a move first following the start of a new day.

RoleblockerYou are a Roleblocker.

Each day you may PM me the name of a player. That player’s action
, if it has not yet been submitted for that period of day,
will not occur
during the next period of day
. If I do not receive a PM before end of a day, you will not block any player
during the next day
. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. If you are targeted by another roleblocker your attempted block will not take effect, and you will not be informed.

also revised to clean up the sequence of power role resolution

Tracker You are a Tracker. Each day you may PM the name of one player before the end of that day. If that player targeted any other players during
that
the next
period of day after I receive your PM, I will tell you (via PM at the end of the day) the names of those players targeted.
If your action is blocked you will not be informed.
I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. I will deliver your investigation results
at the end of the next period of day
by sending you a PM containing the quoted text of your action PM along with either "none" or the names of the players that your target targeted.
If your investigation is blocked you will receive a PM containing the quoted text of your action PM along with "none".

Revised to make the role a little bit less confusing. It probably needs a little more work.

~~~
Raging Rabbit wrote:It turns out I really like Deep South games, makes for more exciting and better flowing days and saves the bother of wasting time on nights. I'm thinking of running one as a mini theme when my open game is finished. Would you mind if I borrow your rules, Adel? :)
Sure, but I think my ruleset is getting a little sloppy -- I know that I need to clean them up a little. I'd even be happy to review it for you. I really want to popularize the format since I think it yields a better paced game.

~~~
Pokerface wrote:Doctors and just the element of a kill being prevented is noticibly starting to have a larger effect on mafia games in general as of recent. Is it because people are getting better as docs or is it because people too oftenly make the obvious choice on kill and protect. Hopefully its not that the effects of a doctor are being underestimated in setups. In general I think there needs to be more setups run without docs at all. But until the meta gets like that, nice work Rolf.
I think your observation, if true (I need stats to be sure), is just a symptom of town players winning the meta WIFOM game. Soon (if not immediately) the scum will start targeting the second-most-townie player and stop getting blocked by doctors as often... until the doctors start protecting the second-most-townie players.

Even though you'd risk playing in another game with a doctor, I hope you'll play in my next game.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1261 (isolation #73) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Adel »

roflcopter wrote:adel, why was the game named crackers!
Inuit Mafia, +plus me using a doc+cop+tracker in a game. madness.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1280 (isolation #74) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by Adel »

the part of the deep south format I'm really attracted to, other than not getting stalled out on night phases, is how an unexpected kill in the middle of the game shakes things up.

Look for a long essay in MD on this topic soon. It is occupying a lot of my attention.

After I give it some more thought, and get some more feedback, I'll start another wan of these fairly-normal semi-open deep south large games. I'll send pm invite/reminders to any of you that are interested in playing again, and once again I'll encourage any player that pre-/in's to invite other players they would like to play with to pre-/in as well.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1299 (isolation #75) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Adel »

roflcopter wrote:did i miss a link to the scum qt somewhere? i wanna see it.
no, you didn't miss it, I didn't post it. If the scum team wants to share it they may, but someone pointed out (before this game) that sharing a scum-qt thread may make it harder for those players to win as scum in the future.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1302 (isolation #76) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Adel »

Guardian wrote:
Adel wrote:
roflcopter wrote:did i miss a link to the scum qt somewhere? i wanna see it.
no, you didn't miss it, I didn't post it. If the scum team wants to share it they may, but someone pointed out (before this game) that sharing a scum-qt thread may make it harder for those players to win as scum in the future.
reading a game thread someone has played in makes it harder for them to win in the future. people need to get over themselves. I don't give a crap about meta-ing them, I want to read it because it interests me... based on your logic, we should make all the games readable only by those in them, because meta-ing people makes it harder for them to win in the future.
dude, I'm just trying to respect the possible wishes of others. I told them that I wouldn't share the link, and I won't.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”