Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Crackers! Mafia -- Game Over. See page 50

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Adel »

Crackers! Mafia

See this post for a little more explanation about the mechanics of this game.

Possibly Living Players:
3. DrippingGoofball
6. Korts
8. destructor
10. Elmo
11. Raging Rabbit

Confirmed Non-Living Players:
Guardian, Tracker, Town-aligned,
killed Day 1
curiouskarmadog, Townie,
lynched Day 1
Kison, Townie,
killed Day 2
Battle Mage, Townie,
lynched Day 2
Yosarian2, Inuit Mafia Godfather,
killed Day 3
forbiddanlight
SensFan
, Inuit Mafia Goon,
lynched Day 3
roflcopter, Town Doctor,
killed Day 4
vollkan, Inuit Mafia Goon,
killed Day 4
populartajo
ZazieR
, Townie,
lynched Day 4

Possible Roles

All roles that appear in the game are from this list. Not every role in this list is used in the game.

Compulsive Vig You are a Vigilante. You are frustrated with the ineffective procedures of the town, really frustrated. Once each day you may PM me the name of one player, and you will take out your frustrations by killing that player. If you do not send me the name of a player by the end of a day, you will kill a random player (you may be that random player) instead whose death shall be revealed with the lynch scene. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text.

You win if only town-aligned players are alive at the end of the game.

Cop You are a Cop. By breaking police procedures and violating a person’s right to privacy, you can tell the difference between scum and town. Once each day, you may PM me the name of one player and I will tell you (via PM and within 48 hours) if that player is innocent or guilty of being scum. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. I will deliver your investigation results by sending you a PM containing the quoted text of your action PM along with either "innocent" or "guilty" or (if your action is blocked) "no result".

Doctor You are a Doctor, dedicated to saving lives. If you PM me the name of one player before end of a day, that player will be protected from
one
kill for the rest of that period of day. You can not protect yourself. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

Mafia DoctorYou are a Doctor, dedicated to saving lives. Each day you may PM me the name of one player and that player will be protected from
one
kill for the rest of that period of day. You can not protect yourself. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

You are also a member of the _____ Mafia with _____. Due to the Oath of Hippocrates, you are not allowed to perform your Mafia’s kill.

While you are alive, you can talk with the other living members of your mafia via the quicktopic thread found at________.

You win if only members of your mafia are alive at the end of the game.

Mafia Godfather You are the mighty Godfather of the _____ Mafia. ________ are also members of your mafia. Because you are so crafty, you are immune to Cop investigations.

While you are alive, you can talk with the other living members of your mafia via the quicktopic thread found at________.

Each day, a single member of your mafia can PM me the name of a player. That member of your mafia will attempt to kill the targeted player. Your mafia only gets one kill per day. If I do not receive a PM before the deadline for that day, no kill will be performed. If I receive more than one PM for the day's kill from your mafia, only the first one sent will count. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

Mafia Goon You are a Goon in the _____ Mafia. ________ are also members of your mafia.

Each day, a single member of your mafia can PM me the name of a player. That member of your mafia will attempt to kill the targeted player. Your mafia only gets one kill per day. If I do not receive a PM before end of a day, no kill will be performed. If I receive more than one PM for the day's kill from your mafia, only the first one sent will count. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

Mafia Roleblocker You are a Roleblocker in the _____ Mafia. ________ are also members of your mafia.

Each day, a single member of your mafia can PM me the name of a player. That member of your mafia will attempt to kill the targeted player. Your mafia only gets one kill per day. If I do not receive a PM before the deadline for that day, no kill will be performed. If I receive more than one PM for the day's kill from your mafia, only the first one sent will count. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

As an additional ability, once each day you may PM me the name of a player. That player’s action, if it has not yet been submitted for that period of day, will not occur. If I do not receive a PM before end of a day you will not block any player. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. If you are targeted by another roleblocker before you submit your roleblock, your attempted block will not take effect, and you will not be informed.

You may perform both a kill and a roleblock in the same period of day.

RoleblockerYou are a Roleblocker.

Each day you may PM me the name of a player. That player’s action, if it has not yet been submitted for that period of day, will not occur. If I do not receive a PM before end of a day, you will not block any player. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. If you are targeted by another roleblocker your attempted block will not take effect, and you will not be informed.

Serial Killer You are an evil and calculating Serial Killer. Because you are so crafty, you are immune to kills.

Each day you may PM me the name of one player, and you will kill that player. If you do not send me the name of a player by the end of a day, you will kill a random player (you may be that random player) instead whose death shall be revealed in that day's lynch scene. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

You win if you are the only player left alive at the end of the game.

TownieYou are a Townie. You have no abilities other than your vote.

Tracker You are a Tracker. Each day you may PM the name of one player before the end of that day. If that player targeted any other players during that period of day after I receive your PM, I will tell you (via PM at the end of the day) the names of those players targeted. If your action is blocked you will not be informed. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. I will deliver your investigation results by sending you a PM containing the quoted text of your action PM along with either "none" or the names of the players that your target targeted.

Rules:

You may
not
PM or IM or otherwise contact any player at anytime about this game, regardless of if you are living or dead. If your role makes an exception to this rule for you, strictly follow the new rule in your role PM.

Once you are dead you can no longer post in-thread.
Not even a "bah." post.
Seriously.

Each player can vote for exactly one other player at a time during the day. Make your choice in bold letters like
Vote: YYYYYY

To change your vote, post
Unvote
in bold letters, or make a post voting for someone else in accordance with

Cast votes and unvotes that do not follow the formatting guideline described in (3.) and (4.) will
not
be counted.

A lynch will occur when more than 50% of the players have their votes placed upon the same player, or have their votes placed upon
Nolynch
. After the 50%+1 threshold is reached, the lynch will occur regardless of any subsequent posting.

"Day" is defined as the period between the moderator's "Start of Day __" post, and when either (a) the deadline is reached, or (b) a vote is cast that places a player past the 50%+1 threshold necessary for a lynch.
Role actions can only be submitted during periods of day. I will post any public results of resolved actions (only death scenes in the case of this game) between 2 and 36 hours after receiving the PM.

"Twilight" is defined as the period between (a) the deadline and the following "Start of Day ___" post, or (b) the time of the final valid vote necessary for a lynch or nolynch was cast and the following "Start of Day ___" post. Role actions are not valid if they are submitted during periods of twilight.

The game starts once I make a post saying "Start of Day 1". I will unlock the thread once everyone has received their role PM. It is not necessary to PM me back or post "/confirm" in the thread: just start playing.

Each period of Day will have a deadline I announce, where:
initial date + 1.5 days * the number of living players = deadline date
There will be
no
extensions. A deadline is a deadline, so talk while you can.

When 72 hours have passed without an individual player posting, I will prod that player only if requested to do so in-thread by any other player.

If a prodded player does not open the prodding PM within 72 hours he will be replaced. Until a replacement is found the player facing replacement can still vote and post. If I have to prod a player a third time during the game, I will replace him. If you expect to be unable to post in the game for 48+ hours, send me a PM. I do not check the vacation/leave thread.

Each votecount will contain the "
¬
" character next to the name of the player who will die if no votes are changed before the deadline. The "
¬
" character will remain on the same player until another player has more votes. Note that an effect of this rule is that in end-game scenarios the first person to vote may win the game simply by voting first.

If you have the ability to edit posts, don't do it in this thread.

If you have any questions please ask me via PM or in-thread as they occur to you. I will be as fair and helpful as I can

Every moderator will make mistakes, and I am no exception. Please be patient, understanding, and forgiving towards me.

I support free speech. Quote anything you like
(except for ongoing games!)
whenever you like. All forms of cryptography that do not require software (or more than 1 hour with just pen and paper) for encryption or decryption are acceptable as well. Do not PM or otherwise contact players outside the thread with game related information unless you are explicitly permitted.

Talking about ongoing games is against Mafiascum.net rules. See mith's post at http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6470 for the complete set of forum rules.

Exceptions: you may
*cite when (date, time) a player has posted elsewhere on this site
*cite information posted by a moderator in another game (including alignment if it is revealed by the mod)

You shall not otherwise reference another game.
If you write a post has a chance of breaking this site-wide rule, PM it to me before you post it. I will tell you if it would get you modkilled or not.

The game ends when all living players share the same win condition. If the game never ends then there will never be a "winner".

Breaking a rule = death for a given value of death. I determine that value. A modkill will not end the day.

~~~

Deep setup speculation is designed to be an element of the game. To help level the playing field between new players and those familiar with my games, here are my previously moderated games:
Mini 510 -- minimal mafia
Open 61 -- Mountainous Multiball (Designed by TheFonz)
Mini 569 -- Adel's Nightmare
Mafia 80 -- Nice Shot! Mafia
and here are game setups I designed that have been used in the Open Game Queue:
Big Love Co-Designed with Zindaras
Polygamist
Lovers Multiball
Carbon-14 Night Watch
Mayo Clinic
Last edited by Adel on Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:44 am, edited 26 times in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Adel »

Role Pms have been sent in random order to prevent date/time confirmation of alignment. Once all role PMs have been opened I will unlock the thread and the game will start.
a player wrote:I'm not 100% familiar with Deep South. Do actions (kills, block, protect, etc...) occur when you receive them, or between the lynch scene and daybreak?
Both, depending upon the specific role.
Read the list of possible roles, and rule 7. carefully.

There are three basic categories:
1. Instant actions: kills,
cop investigations

2. Rest of day actions: block, protect,
track

3. End of day actions:
investigations
receive tracker investigation results

The "Tracker" role is something of a hybrid of a "rest of day" action and an "end of day" action, all other roles fit neatly into a single category.

edit: corrections are made in red. See this post for more information.
Last edited by Adel on Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Adel »

Start of Day 1

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚
votecount as of post 1

with 14 alive, 8 will lynch before deadline

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

¬No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:Battle Mage, curiouskarmadog, destructor, DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Guardian, Kison, Korts, Raging Rabbit, roflcopter, SensFan, vollkan, Yosarian2, ZazieR

Day 1's deadline is December 6th at 16:40(UTC)

Countdown timer to deadline
Last edited by Adel on Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:52 am

Post by SensFan »

Just so you know, the deadline timer shows December 28th.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote: Battle Mage

Had to get in there first for this. :D

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Adel »

SensFan wrote:Just so you know, the deadline timer shows December 28th.
I fixed it.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:04 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Bm self votes?

ha.

good line up

vote Korts
...too many games with you
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:07 am

Post by Elmo »

I look forward to a cracking good game!

Vote
:
Raging Rabbit
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:18 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I want to poke CKD.

vote: CKD
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:20 am

Post by Kison »

Vote: Guardian

Am pretty sure he knows why.

Nice to see Raging Rabbit again. I figured you were a done deal after that fiasco between you and Twito.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Kison »

Looks like I could be in trouble unless I make something clear. Little stud muffin under my name is
not
MrBuddyLee, DGB, so please don't go jihad on me like you did with him.

Actually, it's his long lost cousin, PimpDaddyLee.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Korts »

Here's to a very good game. Here's to drinking the wine in front of us.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
vote Korts
Absolute scumtell? I guess, statistically, you're bound to catch Kortsscum this way, sure...

vote: Kison

Those sunglasses on the pimpcat--scary.
scumchat never die
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Bm self votes?

ha.

good line up

vote Korts
I think you're the only guy here who will understand the reasoning behind it. :P

Enough foolishness.
Unvote, Vote: Yosarian2

I'm in too many games with you.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:07 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Kison wrote:

Nice to see Raging Rabbit again. I figured you were a done deal after that fiasco between you and Twito.
Woot! The game's first bus'ing incident! Italics mine.

unvote, vote: Kison
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Kison wrote:

rofl, i remember that. *cries for Twito* :'(

Unvote, Vote: RR

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korts wrote:Here's to a very good game. Here's to drinking the wine in front of us.
I lol'd. :D

Unvote, Vote: Korts

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Korts »

BM, you're making an awful lot of votes. Why not do a whole round?
scumchat never die
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korts wrote:BM, you're making an awful lot of votes. Why not do a whole round?
Good defence!
Unvote

Also, i just realised i screwed up my first vote. I was MEANT to
Vote: No Lynch
:oops:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:24 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:I want to poke CKD.

take a number.
Battle Mage wrote:
I think you're the only guy here who will understand the reasoning behind it. :P
I get it, on a similiar note, I was actually going to vote No lynch at first to test a theory.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:25 am

Post by SensFan »

Vote: BM
for a self-vote followed by a No Lynch vote.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:26 am

Battle Mage wrote: Also, i just realised i screwed up my first vote. I was MEANT to
Vote: No Lynch
:oops:

BM
that is SO fucking funny :lol: ...interested in seeing a certian reaction.

just read this post.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:I want to poke CKD.

take a number.
Battle Mage wrote:
I get it, on a similiar note, I was actually going to vote No lynch at first to test a theory.
Lol, thats what i was MEANT to do! :P
^5!

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:26 am

SensFan wrote:
Vote: BM
for a self-vote followed by a No Lynch vote.
gets funnier.

xpost
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

rofl. He's consistent, that's for sure. :P

Unvote, Vote: Sensfan

Maybe now he might be doubly inclined to explain his logic. ;)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:29 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Well I did take a long hiatus. Sorry for making you replace into such a terrible situation btw, though you did an excellent job as far as I recall.

Vote BM
for backing off a selfvote. Also, he cried for Twito. :P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”