Mafia 80: Nice Shot! Mafia. Game over, results at 1381

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:03 am

Post by Adel »

Nice Shot!
Mafia

Rules:

You may
not
PM or IM or otherwise contact any player at anytime about this game, regardless of if you are living or dead. If your role makes an exception to this rule for you, strictly follow the new rule in your role PM.

Once you are dead you can no longer post in-thread.
Not even a "bah." post.
Seriously.

Each player can vote for exactly one other player at a time during the day. Make your choice in bold letters like
Vote: YYYYYY

To change your vote, post
Unvote
in bold letters, or make a post voting for someone else in accordance with

Cast votes that do not follow the formatting guideline described in (3.) and (4.) will
not
be counted.

A lynch will occur when more than 50% of the players have their votes placed upon the same player, or have their votes placed upon
Nolynch
. After the 50%+1 threshold is reached, the lynch will occur regardless of any subsequent posting.

"Day" is defined as any time when the thread is unlocked. Living players can post during the day.

"Night" is defined as any time when the thread is
. Special exceptions may be made if deemed necessary.

The game starts once the role PMs have been sent. Since you are reading this, that means that the game has begun. I will unlock the thread once everyone has received their role PM and submitted thier night moves, or once the Night 1 deadline has expired. It is not necessary to PM me back or post "/confirm" in the thread: just start playing.

Each period of Day will have a deadline I announce, where:
initial date + 2*( number of living players ) = deadline date
There will be
no
extensions. A deadline is a deadline, so talk while you can.

When 72 hours have passed without an individual player posting, I will prod that player only if requested to do so in-thread by any other player.

If a prodded player does not open the prodding PM within 72 hours he will be replaced. Until a replacement is found the player facing replacement can still vote and post. If I have to prod a player a third time, I will replace him. If expect to be unable to post in the game for 48+ hours, send me a PM. I do not check the vacation/leave thread.

Each votecount will contain the "
¬
" character next to the name of the player who will die if no votes are changed before the deadline. The "
¬
" character will remain on the same player until another player has more votes.

Each night phase will have a deadline set whose length is equal to the number of living players. If a night choice is not submitted before the deadline, no action will be made.

Breaking a rule = death for a given value of death. I determine that value.

If you have the ability to edit posts, don't do it in this thread.

If you have any questions please ask me via PM or in-thread as they occur to you. I will be as fair and helpful as I can

Every moderator will make mistakes, and I am no exception. Please be patient, understanding, and forgiving towards me.

I support free speech. Quote anything you like
(except for ongoing games)
whenever you like. All forms of cryptography are acceptable as well. I know this is an unorthodox amount of freedom, but I think moderator preparation may, in this case, prevent any exploits. Do not PM or otherwise contact players outside the thread unless you are explicitly allowed.

Talking about ongoing games is against Mafiascum.net rules. See mith's post at http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6470 for the complete set of forum rules. Because it has been a problem in this game, the next player to talk about an on-going game WILL BE MODKILLED! If a game has not been compleated, don't talk about it.

Exceptions: you may
*cite when (date, time) a player has posted elsewhere on this site
*cite information posted by a moderator in another game (including alignment if it is revealed by the mod)

You shall not otherwise reference another game.
If you write a post has a chance of breaking this site-wide rule, PM it to me before you post it. I will tell you if it would get you modkilled or not. A modkill will not end the day.

~~~

Players:

1. BattleMage, Townie, town-aligned, lynched day 2

2. curiouskarmadog. Mafia roleblocker, lynched day 4

Korts
BattleMageII
My Milked Eek

4. Riceballtail, Townie, town-aligned, lynched day 3

destructorII
goborage

6. Musher333, Townie, town-aligned, lynched day 1

7. Alabaska J
W!nt3r
Anatole Kuragin
, Mafia Godfather, lynched day 5

8. elvis_knits, Townie, town-aligned, killed night 2

populartajo

10. farside22, Doctor, town-aligned, killed night 4
11. xtoxm, Doctor, town-aligned, killed night 1
12. ChaosOmega, Tracker, town-aligned, killed night 1

killa seven
Coron

14. Guardian
springlullaby
, Mafia Goon, killed night 2

15. camn, Tracker, town-aligned, killed night 5
16. Natirasha, Townie, town-aligned, killed night 0
17. destructor, Townie, town-aligned, killed night 0
18. Sierra, Compulsive Vig, killed night 4

back-up mod: Zindaras

~~~

Possible Roles

All roles that appear in the game are from this list. Not every role in this list is used in the game.

Compulsive Vig You are a Vigilante. You are frustrated with the ineffective procedures of the town, really frustrated. Each night you may PM me the name of one player, and you will take out your frustrations by placing several bullets in the head of that player. If you do not send me the name of a player by that night’s deadline you will kill a random player instead. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

You win if only town-aligned players are alive at the end of the game.

Cop You are a Cop. By breaking police procedures and violating a person’s right to privacy, you can tell the difference between scum and town. Each night you may PM me the name of one player and I will tell you if that player is innocent or guilty of being scum. If your action is blocked you will recieve no response.

Doctor You are a Doctor, dedicated to saving lives. If you PM me the name of one player before that night’s deadline that player will be protected from
one
night kill for the entire period of night. You can not protect yourself. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

Hider You are a Hider. You know that the town is a very unsafe place at night. Each night you may PM me the name of one player and you will only die that night if that player is killed by a night kill. You will not be informed if your action is blocked, and if you are blocked you will only die if you are targeted by a successful night kill.

Mafia DoctorYou are a Doctor, dedicated to saving lives. Each night you may PM me the name of one player and that player will be protected from
one
night kill for the entire period of night. You can not protect yourself. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

You are also a member of the _____ Mafia with _____. Due to the Oath of Hippocrates, you are not allowed to perform your Mafia’s night kill.

You can talk with the other living members of your mafia at night.

You win if only members of your mafia are alive at the end of the game.

Mafia Godfather You are the mighty Godfather of the _____ Mafia. ________ are also members of your mafia. Because you are so crafty, you are immune to night kills and Cop investigations.

Each night a member of your mafia can PM me the name of a player. That member of your mafia will attempt to kill the targeted player. Your mafia only gets one kill per night. If I do not receive a PM before the deadline for that night, no kill will be performed. If I recieve more than one PM for the night kill from your mafia, only the first one sent will count. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

Mafia Goon You are a Goon in the _____ Mafia. ________ are also members of your mafia.

Each night a member of your mafia can PM me the name of a player. That member of your mafia will attempt to kill the targeted player. Your mafia only gets one kill per night. If I do not receive a PM before the deadline for that night, no kill will be performed. If I recieve more than one PM for the night kill from your mafia, only the first one sent will count. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

Mafia Roleblocker You are a Roleblocker in the _____ Mafia. ________ are also members of your mafia.

As an additional ability, each night you may PM me the name of a player. That player’s night action will not occur. If I do not receive a PM before the deadline for that period of night, you will not block any player. If you are targeted by another roleblocker your attempted block will not take effect, and you will not be informed.

You may perform both a night kill and a roleblock in the same period of night.

One-Shot Vig You are a One-Shot Vigilante.
You are frustrated with the ineffective procedures of the town, but you only have one bullet.

Once during the game, at night, you may PM me the name of a player and you will attempt to kill that player. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

RoleblockerYou are a Roleblocker.

Each night you may PM me the name of a player. That player’s night action will not occur. If I do not receive a PM before the deadline for that period of night, you will not block any player. If you are targeted by another roleblocker your attempted block will not take effect, and you will not be informed.

Serial Killer You are an evil and calculating Serial Killer. Because you are so crafty, you are immune to night kills and Cop investigations.

Each night PM me the name of one player, and you will act out your evil nature by placing several bullets in the head of that player-- probably with a gun but possibly with a spoon. If you do not send me the name of a player by that night’s deadline you will kill a random player instead. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

You win if you are the only player left alive at the end of the game.

TownieYou are a Townie. You have no abilities other than your vote.

Tracker You are a Tracker. At night you may PM the name of one player before that night's deadline. If that player targeted any other players, I will tell you the names of those players targeted. If your action is blocked you will not be informed.

Last edited by Adel on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:07 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:03 am

Post by Adel »

All role Pms have been sent. Players that do not open their role PM within 72 hours will be replaced.

Once all night moves have been submitted, this thread will be unlocked, and Day 1 shall begin.

~~~

fyi, some discussion of the possible roles for this game occured in
this thread
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Adel »

result of night 0 night actions:

16. Natirasha, townie, killed night 0
17. destructor, townie, killed night 0

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚
votecount as of post 4

with 16 alive, 9 will lynch before deadline

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚
¬No Lynch
:
none

not voting
: 16 : Anatole Kuragin, BattleMage, camn, ChaosOmega, Coron, curiouskarmadog, elvis_knits, farside22, goborage, Musher333, My Milked Eek, populartajo, Riceballtail, Sierra, springlullaby, xtoxm

deadline date = initial date + 2*(number of players)days
= April 23 + 2*(16) days

=April 23 + 32 days = May 25th

Day 1's deadline is May 25th
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Ooh it's started. Was worried we might be waiting for 18 days :s

vote BM
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:25 am

Post by goborage »

vote: xtoxm
for having a short name.
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:37 am

Post by Xtoxm »

camn is shorter.

FOS goborage.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:37 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

camn's is shorter,

vote farside
, for having a baby, and not naming him CKD.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Musher333 »

Vote Camn
for having the shortest name
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

CKD
for having the longest name.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:16 am

Post by farside22 »

vote:ChaosOmega

because of weather mafia. :P
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:33 am

Post by Riceballtail »

vote: Eek
for having a weird name. Not like mine is much better (it's an inside joke, you wouldn't get it...)
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Musher333 »

Riceballtail wrote:
for having a weird name. Not like mine is much better (it's an inside joke, you wouldn't get it...)
Please elaborate, we all want to know in good detail, nothing stays personal on the net :twisted:
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote: Elvis Knits
for being a far cooler alt than TS. :P
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:08 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Vote: Riceballtail

omgus vote

>=(

Your name is pretty weird too...
Eek
!
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:33 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Musher333 wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:
Please elaborate, we all want to know in good detail, nothing stays personal on the net :twisted:
Pyramid quotes FTW!

Obviously, you can break this down into a three-piece compound "word".

Rice - I happen to prefer rice over most grains
Ball - I play tennis
Tail - A friend was poking fun at a name tag I had once, calling me Saint Tail (she was reading this series at the time... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Tail) and I got nicked with Tail from this, thanks to my general habits of trickery. Tail then got put on the back of my tennis sweatshirt, which we had a tennis ball under the names. I still wear this thing around. I happen to enjoy the nick, even if it's fairly silly.

Either way, it makes for a unique handle that has a lot of logic behind it as well. Hope this makes at least some sense.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Sierra »

Vote BattleMage
for being first on the list, when all townies are obviously holding up on the back of the line.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Musher333 »

Riceballtail wrote:
Musher333 wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:
Pyramid quotes FTW!

Ball - I play tennis
Tail - A friend was poking fun at a name tag I had once, calling me Saint Tail (she was reading this series at the time... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Tail) and I got nicked with Tail from this, thanks to my general habits of trickery. Tail then got put on the back of my tennis sweatshirt, which we had a tennis ball under the names. I still wear this thing around. I happen to enjoy the nick, even if it's fairly silly.

Either way, it makes for a unique handle that has a lot of logic behind it as well. Hope this makes at least some sense.
Yewh that makes sense, nice logic.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Sierra wrote:
Vote BattleMage
for being first on the list, when all townies are obviously holding up on the back of the line.
Unvote, Vote: Sierra

Partly OMGUS, partly due to obvious paranoia about being separated from the list by a wall of dead townies. :P
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:43 am

zomg & vote flipping
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yes, clearly my vote is in the right place.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:04 am

Post by goborage »

Musher333 wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:
Musher333 wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:
Pyramid quotes FTW!

Ball - I play tennis

Yewh that makes sense, nice logic.
No it doesn't. Riceballtail and Musher are clearly in cahoots.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:23 am

Battle Mage wrote:
Vote: Elvis Knits
for being a far cooler alt than TS. :P
my god, EK is an alt of DGB too?

I am never going to be in a game that DGB isnt.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:25 am

Anatole Kuragin wrote:zomg & vote flipping
at least he knows how to vote
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:35 am

I'm pretty sure a vote for the person with the longest name is validated.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:41 am

Post by goborage »

Anatole Kuragin wrote:
CKD
for having the longest name.
When you vote you need to place
vote:
before the person's bolded name. At the moment, your vote is not valid.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”