Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by Elementalhawk »

Still here, gonna catch up when I can access a computer.

~KS
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by Elementalhawk »

Typo *~Dice
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by Elementalhawk »

Good gosh, why do I always torture myself with large-active games? :(
In post 141, mastin2 wrote:But I did get our role PM, so I'm not playing blindly. With that in mind...
What does this have to do with you playing the game?

VOTE: MafiaSSK
In post 195, Titan wrote: Hey! Get a better line. Scum!Prohawk already used that against me last game. Try a new scum case on me.
I Lol'ed. Deja-vu?

~Hawk
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by Elementalhawk »

Or Rather...

VOTE: MastinSSK
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #475 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by Elementalhawk »

I'm finally caught up. My catch up post will come later tonight or tomorrow.
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #476 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by Elementalhawk »

- Dice
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #478 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:03 pm

Post by Elementalhawk »

In post 83, Lord Business wrote:Is it normal for Titan to manipulate things with emotional blackmail?

I'm not seeing a town attitude towards demanding people prove they are town for the benefit of their mental state. Seems both forced and trying to stay in the upper hand.
This post by LB seems very genuine. Challenging Titan on something not understood seems more town likely than scum likely.
In post 98, Lord Business wrote:Also, horrid posts?

A player focusing entirely on the game setup and theme stands out as trying not to interact with the players.

And your hydra currently is demanding a few other people you know prove to you that they are town. The line of dialogue whereby you say how obvious it should be you are town suggests a self awareness you are playing up to a known town meta. And self awareness can be a scum tell.

By contrast I have seen rhymes, emotional blackmail, demands of obvious town play, discussion over the setup and one person pretending to be another person in they hydra. Horrid doesn't come close.
Not entirely sure what it is, but this is feeling town as well.
In post 199, Lord Business wrote:What is the game where a hydra with tammy in it was mafia?

Because there seems to be a trend here of letting a lot of stuff slide because 'that's tammy'. I want to see if this was a mistake made In That game or if people saw different things.
This goes along with the line of thinking I'm using. It just seems in a townies PoV to call out someone being mainly understood as town "because it's tammy".
In post 253, Titan wrote:f-16's post was terrible

cephrir is lolbuddying

ns is town(ish)

I have skipped every single nacho, nati/muffin, and mastin post.

Hey look I'm doing work!
In post 256, CarbonFiber wrote:@Tammy, I read your ISO more closely. I actually think you are pretty town now. So, the reason I didn't initially have a strong townread was that your post felt a little aggressive because I assume Nacho would probably town himself up regardless but I do like the follow up in asking ffery what she thought of Bork. I like the suspicion of me as well since you never read me wrong before, I assumed scum-you would townread me to keep it consistent. Post looked really town as well and mirrored my thoughts and the rest of your ISO feels town as well. My mistake.

What do you think of NotScience's posts so far?

~ F-16
This looks entirely fake. Basically looks like he took some of MastinSSK's original argument as the initial read, then when CF gets called out by Titan in the post above, the read takes a u-turn.
In post 284, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 282, Red Gyarados wrote:Hi Tammy!

You seemed to have sneezed or something at the end of giving your read on me- you added something after town.

I don't get where mastin's coming from at all regarding you being scum.

@F-16, While yes the interactions are
technically
fakeable, they felt genuine to me. I just felt like the conversation with me early came from a natural place.
Okay, I can see why you would think they are town. I am pretty sure their first post was prepared/null but the interaction came across as natural. I am not convinced that they are necessarily town though but the more Mastin posts, I should be able to get a read on him.
~ F-16
As soon as NS thinks that they are genuine, you instantly can tell what he's talking about. Looks like a slight buddy.
In post 238, MastinSSK wrote:VOTE: Carbon Fiber.
In post 240, MastinSSK wrote:Ah, heck with it.
VOTE: The Fox and the Hound.
In post 244, MastinSSK wrote:VOTE: Titan.
These really throw me off. MastinSSK is really flip floppy here, and I don't like it.
In post 336, Clyton wrote:And this is a vote to pressure her to speak up. I doubt a lynch can be made for her today.
Why do you feel the need to say it's a pressure vote out loud? This is bad because saying a vote is pressure weakens the effect of the pressure.
In post 350, Clyton wrote:
In post 340, CarbonFiber wrote:Clyton, in your breakdown of reads, you have Titan as leaning town and MastinSSK as leaning scum. You seem to be saying now that the debate between Mastin and Titan could involve either of them being scum. Why? Do you see merits to both sides of the arguments? Also, can you link to a couple of town and scum games that you've played offsite.
~ F-16
I only put Titan as leaning town and MastinSSK as leaning scum for the sake of a reads list; it really has no significance to what I really think except which stance I'm learning towards to. I see merits to both sides of the argument. I believe that when I think from either person's perspectives, I can easily be Town or Scum in both scenarios.

Also, the site I played cannot be viewed by outsiders unless you register an account. I can link you anyways, and you do the searching after making an account there. I will link you to a particular Death Note Mafia game where I was a SK with a bunch of other hidden abilities attributed to it. I believe that however unrefined my playstyle/meta was there, it still holds true to today.

If you want to question my playstyle/meta, then do so in a direct manner. I may have said that I wouldn't openly explain my meta bluntly, but it doesn't mean you can ask to fish out some information about myself from me.
This kinda worries me because what's the point of putting a read on people if it's not even significant? Looks like Clyton just wants to look decided on a matter in this post.

Reads so far

Town:
RedGyrados - Having just played a game with NS, this reminds me a lot like Town NS. Really feeling like this hydra is town.
LordBusiness - Business feels extremely genuine when he posts. I've liked what posts he has made so far, and would love to see more from him.
Titan - I've liked reactions to Mastin and am gut reading this slot town.

Leans town:
Fox and Hound - Their thoughts really felt amiss in the beginning, but as the game progressed I started to feel the engaging they were making was going somewhere.

Leans scum:
Clyton - Wanting to get more reactions, but the post above explain some of my position.
MastinSSK - This read is partly trusting in my hydra, and partly me thinking Titan is town, and the three votes in a row was really floppy.

Scum: CarbonFiber - His posts feel fake to me. As expressed above, his thoughts seem really flippy to what people around him saying. Really feel like I have hit scum here.

Everyone else, I don't really have a strong read on and need to engage more.

Sidenote - A lot of the meta discussion I don't really understand because I have played very little on this site, so I won't be using too much meta this game.

-3dice
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #640 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by Elementalhawk »

Prod dodge. I thought PH was going to post something, but I guess he didn't get to it.

@Mod - Announcing V/LA for my half of the hydra til Sunday.

- 3dice
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #673 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:02 am

Post by Elementalhawk »

In post 481, CarbonFiber wrote:Point is, Elemental's basically doing one of those classic scum-tells -- calling Mastin + us scummy, but preparing to vote for us, not Mastin. Assuming Mastin is scum, Elemental is pretty much guaranteed scum.
In what frame of mind did this "classic" scum-tell make sense to you? We aren't playing a "classic" style. We are a hydra. I feel like MastinSSK is scum, Dice feels like you are scum, I made the first vote, we haven't come to a consensus about changing the vote so he decided to post some of his early reads. Sounds to me like you are lining up lynches here.
In post 377, MastinSSK wrote:Because playing if I was scum without my role PM would be basically cheating, since I'd be playing as town without the bias of my alignment, essentially.
Is this a hidden rule I missed somewhere? Isn't this what you aim to accomplish as scum anyway?
In post 424, MastinSSK wrote:So my meds really aren't working
Why would you feel the need to bring this up? Also, what is an MD post?

I am extremely lost in this game, and I blame the overabundance of meta-references that I don't understand/have time to go research. I feel like I am playing a game with a gazillion inside jokes.

Someone talk to me.

~Hawk
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #676 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:00 am

Post by Elementalhawk »

On it.

~Hawk
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #830 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by Elementalhawk »

Glad to see I am getting some attention now, sad to say it's been a busy weekend, and I am not going to have time to get to this. More tomorrow.

~Hawk
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #831 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by Elementalhawk »

I'm just getting back into this game. I have skimmed the last few pages, but I'll read them better later.

RG - What are you're thoughts on mastin and LB?

If someone could engage me, that would really help get me into the game more.

- Dice
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #840 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by Elementalhawk »

In post 834, Kagura wrote:
In post 832, Elementalhawk wrote:I'm just getting back into this game. I have skimmed the last few pages, but I'll read them better later.

RG - What are you're thoughts on mastin and LB?

- Dice
your current push is bad.
What don't you like about it?

- Dice
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #880 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by Elementalhawk »

In post 845, Kagura wrote:
In post 478, Elementalhawk wrote:Scum: CarbonFiber - His posts feel fake to me. As expressed above, his thoughts seem really flippy to what people around him saying. Really feel like I have hit scum here.
"His posts feel fake to me" is an absolutely horrible attack that is baseless, says nothing. Why do I care if his posts feel fake to you: they don't feel fake to me AND I have a better idea of who F-16 is as a person and how his posts sound. I think he sounds very genuine. Why are you more qualified to judge what is fake and what is not than I am?

I didn't say I am more qualified to judge. I know I'm town from my role card, so my opinion is more important than anyone others on Carbon right now because who can I trust more than myself? (This isn't saying I won't listen to anyone else, just saying I trust my opinion more than anyone else's) And it's not as baseless as you say. I pointed the posts that don't look genuine and why, it's just how you see it.

"Flippy to what people around him are saying" - actually doesn't say anything at all and I have trouble figuring out what you're talking about. Do you mean that he's manipulating people around him? Because I think everyone with a scum suspect has accused said scum suspect of manipulating everyone around him, but it's useless without specifics.

Flippy as in easily swayed. I mean it seems convenient that 3 posts after Tammy says his post is terrible, he comes back and says he iso'd Tammy and she's pretty town. It also seems kind of weird that CF instantly sees the genuineness NS was referring to right after he points it out to him.

Meanwhile, Carbon Fiber happens to be in a group of four people who I would be willing to bet the game on them being town at this current point in time. So not only is your logic poor, but your target is as well. Can you find something better?
I'm working on getting my reads straight. I still feel pretty strongly about my town reads, and I'd like to iso and engage my scum reads/nulls to further my read.

CF - What specifically from Titan's ISO changed your read around?
Elementalhawk
Elementalhawk
Townie
Elementalhawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #885 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by Elementalhawk »

In post 885, Titan wrote:
In post 832, Elementalhawk wrote:

- Dice
You could take some initiative!

(By the way, this used to be one of my favorite scum tells, then town!Empire destroyed that scum tell in yoloville, but it's still a less town-motivated approach.)
Okay. How has your MastinSSK read change from 732 to now?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”