MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:41 am

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 223, CarbonFiber wrote:We questioned NotScience's MastinSSK townread because nothing that SSK had posted until then was unfakeable.
In theory, sure, I guess not. In reality, I'm not sure how the heck there's any way anyone couldn't see the genuineness in SSK.

(For the record. Both SSK and I feel this post is off. Neither of us has a clue why. It just feels like...not townposting.)
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Titan »

In post 225, Lord Business wrote:Found what I was looking for finally. Too many heads mafia. Posts 698 and 750, are they posts from tammy?

Heavy use of AtE, and a very unsportsmanlike use of emotion. I have to agree that the posts here are not anything like that. I would be disappointed to see that kind of tactics used here, felt very underhand.
Indeed they were. In fact, that was the first time I tried to imitate my town emotion when scum. I tried to tell people I couldn't fake it, and part of that was me trying and failing miserably to give Nacho what type of reaction he would expect from a town me.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:43 am

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 226, MastinSSK wrote:(For the record. Both SSK and I feel this post is off. Neither of us has a clue why. It just feels like...not townposting.)
SSK's theorizing a couple of things. One might have potential in his content. I'll hold off on commenting until I see more Carbon Fiber posts.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:45 am

Post by Titan »

In post 224, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 222, Titan wrote:Actually I don't like Mastin coming in and just town reading NachoBork as strongly. If Mastin is scum, then there's a good chance that that blatant town read and jump all over me for my first post means that they could be partners.
Actually, me turbotownreading Nacho is a scumtell of me and a sign that he's town. I don't turbotownread him when we're both scum; I let him take the helm on dictating our interactions. Because he's one of the only players who I consider to be a better scum planner than I am. (Where do you think I learned my technique?)
Why are you interacting with me as much as you are? Have you changed your play style so much in the past year or so that you've ditched your "I don't interact with my scum reads" thing?
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Lord Business
Lord Business
Townie
Lord Business
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:45 am

Post by Lord Business »

Well reading it without prior knowledge if your alignment makes you hope you are town, because the level of AtE is awful. It makes it worse to then find out you were mafia.

But on a positive note it serves as a good guide for meta. Either you have improved as a mafia player or you are town this time around.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:45 am

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 223, CarbonFiber wrote: snip

~ F-16
So while you describe all of your points in detail, you never really say anything solid. Mind elaborating on who you think are scum at the moment?
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:47 am

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 229, Titan wrote:Have you changed your play style so much in the past year or so that you've ditched your "I don't interact with my scum reads" thing?
Yep!
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Titan »

In post 221, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 210, Titan wrote:
In post 189, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:the lass's words are curious
I'm gonna consult rquieux
but our vote is like gold
in the hands of the bold

Your vote sucks, and Nati would know that.
Couple of things here that really just aggrevate me, because I know you can do better to make yourself at least LOOK like town.
But no.
You begin by outright discrediting any reason for a vote that RBD has on you without actually defending yourself. But then it gets even worse, you're doing so by appealing to a head of a hydra. I'm tempted to say buddying, but no. I think it's a come back of Appeal to Authority. You're placing Nat as the only "reasonable" head of the hydra so that you can just discredit any post that they make because you could think it's not Nat.

That's an unreasonable standard to set. Those are reasons I just can't see this being a town post.
AND you were in Attack on Titan AND Too Many Heads. Muffin can't really read me. He's the one who became less convinced I was scum in Too Many Heads while Nati was convinced I was scum. In Attack on Titan when Muffin was scum hunting me in the neighborhood and we got into our fight, Nati replaced in saw our interactions and declared me confirmed town and claimed we were now masons.

You're appealing to buzzword. If that was Nati to actually draw a link to a game in which he read me correctly and ignoring every reason why I'm town here is appalling. If that's a muffin vote, then okay, muffin can't really read me. But Nati can.

I never said one head is reasonable; I didn't make any qualifications for either head other than the Nati head can read me and the muffin head can't.
Half troll/Half wall.

CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:49 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 231, MastinSSK wrote:

~ F-16
So while you describe all of your points in detail, you never really say anything solid. Mind elaborating on who you think are scum at the moment?
I didn't say anything solid because I don't have any solid reads. Most players are of a caliber that nothing they did so far is unfakable as scum. Cephrir could be scum.

~ F-16
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:50 am

Post by Titan »

In post 234, CarbonFiber wrote:

~ F-16
I didn't say anything solid because I don't have any solid reads. Most players are of a caliber that nothing they did so far is unfakable as scum. Cephrir could be scum.

~ F-16
:igmeou:
Half troll/Half wall.

MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:50 am

Post by MastinSSK »

(Uh-oh. SSK's reads are diverging from mine.)
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:52 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 235, Titan wrote:

~ F-16

~ F-16
Why?

~ F-16
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:53 am

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

In post 223, CarbonFiber wrote:Cephrir is too involved and engaged with the game which makes me think he might be scum because from what I recall of Empire's game, Cephrir's towngame felt more laid back whereas here, it feels like he is trying to stay on top of things.
How the fuck do you get that I was laid back in that game? LAID BACK? I spent 70% of that game totally flipping my shit, are you kidding me?

Whatever though, it looks like this is gonna be another run-Ceph-up-early game, so I should be hating everything within 10 pages or so
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:53 am

Post by MastinSSK »

VOTE: Carbon Fiber.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Titan »

In post 237, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 235, Titan wrote:

~ F-16

~ F-16
Why?

~ F-16
If you aren't sure of my alignment, and you think there's a chance I haven't done anything I can't fake as scum, how come you're not interacting with me to figure it out? I should be one of the people you can read easiest here. And you're not doing anything other than a flaccid "I'm not sure about Titan" though I have enough here that you should have something to go off of or to interact with me on to figure it out.
Half troll/Half wall.

MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:56 am

Post by MastinSSK »

Ah, heck with it.
VOTE: The Fox and the Hound.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:58 am

Post by MastinSSK »

(You'd be surprised how much wavering is going on. Not dissonance. All just me. :P)
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Titan »

And now nobody is going to listen to any of my reads, so congratulations scum you've learned to get me to react and I still haven't learned not to.
Half troll/Half wall.

MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:05 am

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 233, Titan wrote:
In post 221, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 210, Titan wrote:
In post 189, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:the lass's words are curious
I'm gonna consult rquieux
but our vote is like gold
in the hands of the bold

Your vote sucks, and Nati would know that.
Couple of things here that really just aggrevate me, because I know you can do better to make yourself at least LOOK like town.
But no.
You begin by outright discrediting any reason for a vote that RBD has on you without actually defending yourself. But then it gets even worse, you're doing so by appealing to a head of a hydra. I'm tempted to say buddying, but no. I think it's a come back of Appeal to Authority. You're placing Nat as the only "reasonable" head of the hydra so that you can just discredit any post that they make because you could think it's not Nat.

That's an unreasonable standard to set. Those are reasons I just can't see this being a town post.
AND you were in Attack on Titan AND Too Many Heads. Muffin can't really read me. He's the one who became less convinced I was scum in Too Many Heads while Nati was convinced I was scum. In Attack on Titan when Muffin was scum hunting me in the neighborhood and we got into our fight, Nati replaced in saw our interactions and declared me confirmed town and claimed we were now masons.

You're appealing to buzzword. If that was Nati to actually draw a link to a game in which he read me correctly and ignoring every reason why I'm town here is appalling. If that's a muffin vote, then okay, muffin can't really read me. But Nati can.

I never said one head is reasonable; I didn't make any qualifications for either head other than the Nati head can read me and the muffin head can't.
Wrong head again there. But once again, good job on the self meta. And also once again, great job on giving small examples.

But you should know a couple of things about Nat. For one, his reads are all off the cuff. You ask him to give a reason for a read and most of the time it'll be stuff that he just came up with. With his townread of you, in that one instance, I can nearly assure you that it was just luck. It happened to be good luck, but it was luck nonetheless.
Muffin, however, is also very skilled. It sucks that in that one instance he wasn't able to read you.
Experience builds knowledge though and you shouldn't be blaming this one instance on a weak appeal to authority.

Then you say though, that I'm just appealing to buzzwords and what I'm saying is meaningless. See. This again. You're discrediting for no real reason. Tell me: How is "Appealing to Buzzwords" bad? Because I don't see any reason as to why in that break.

But see, I think you're confusing what you actually said even though it's right above your post. You said that "Your vote sucks and Nati should know that". You do inherently give Nat a qualification when you place him as having a greater amount of knowledge out of the two heads. You are appealing to him because you are complimenting him. That's that.

Your post was scummy. Get over it.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:07 am

Post by MastinSSK »

VOTE: Titan.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:09 am

Post by Titan »

Where'd you go falcon?
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:13 am

Post by Titan »

My post was scummy. None of my posts are scummy. They're all town posts, but sure whatever fits your scum narrative!
Half troll/Half wall.

CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:14 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

Cephrir, I was referring to the tone of your posts in NY169. There were times when you sat back and it felt like you weren't really on top of things. You made giant catch up posts, and easily read people as town or scum. There were a few posts where you hard-pushed your scumreads like StuffedCrust and Arthur but for the most part, your posts were meticulous or thorough. Here, the way you inserted yourself into the argument between Titan and MastinSSK felt like you were putting in extra effort to make your presence felt and your opinions known in a much stronger way than the effortless way you did it in NY169.

~ F-16
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:18 am

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

@CF: That makes a little bit more sense I guess. However, the times that I wasn't doing much in that game were also the times when I wasn't under pressure. When someone starts firing at me, I have a tendency to respond with this.

I have more reads than I've been sharing thus far, but they're ephemeral enough to not be worth mentioning yet.

Also, I'm more engaged when I'm not a VT.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Titan »

In post 230, Lord Business wrote:Well reading it without prior knowledge if your alignment makes you hope you are town, because the level of AtE is awful. It makes it worse to then find out you were mafia.

But on a positive note it serves as a good guide for meta. Either you have improved as a mafia player or you are town this time around.
Well I get accused of ate-ing when I'm town, it's not intentional. I just tend to bleed what I'm thinking and feeling all over the place.

That was the last time I drew scum, so nope. I *can* play a better scum game than that one but I tend to take a more subtle approach than that game.

But I am town this time around, and I'm not sure what to make of you recognizing that and two people who have played with me there and in other games to claim not to see it.
Half troll/Half wall.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”