Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Tales of You (Endgame)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

The Tales series is a very strong line of JRPG games known for their unique real-time battle system, and their grey on grey morality.

The Score, as proclaimed by Yulia Jue long ago:

N.D. 2000 In Kimlasca shall be born one who inherits the power of Lorelei. He will be a boy of royal blood with hair of red. He shall be called the Light of the Sacred Flame. And he will lead Kimlasca-Lanvaldear to new prosperity.

N.D. 2002 The One Who Would Seize Glory shall destroy the land upon which he was born. A land by the name of Hod. War shall thereafter persist between Kimlasca and Malkuth Empire for a full cycle of seasons.

N.D. 2018 The young scion of Lorelei's power shall bring his people to the miner's city. There, the youth will turn power to calamity and be as a weapon of Kimlasca, destroying himself and the city. Thereafter, the land of Rugnica will be enveloped in war, and Malkuth shall lose territory. Kimlasca-Lanvaldear shall thrive, and this shall lead to unprecedented prosperity.

N.D. 2019 The forces of Kimlasca-Lanvaldear shall march northward, through the Rugnica Plains. After inflicting atrocities upon the villages in their wake, the army shall surround the fortress capital. Within a fortnight, the city shall fall. The Kimlascan army will stain the Malkuth throne with the blood of its last emperor. Their howls of victory shall resound throughout the land.

N.D. 2020 A mountain of corpses shall bury the fortress capital. Death and diseases shall envelope the city. The plague born thence shall become a new poison unto humanity, killing all within its reach. Its spread shall mark the true end of Malkuth. Kimlasca shall enjoy decades of prosperity as the plague of Malkuth grows. Ultimately, the plague will be brought into the Kimlascan kingdom by a single man. The light of the sacred flame shall approach a Kimlascan city of fon machines, seeking a way to purify the taint. There, salvation shall be found through the use of a forbidden power.

N.D. 2028 Seeking to restore chaos to the land, the scion of One Who Would Seize Glory shall enter anew into the forbidden art.

N.D. 2029 The world itself shall seek out those who would protect it. 13 heroes of many alternate futures shall arrive, aiming for the same goal.

N.D. 2029 Four replicas, aiming to protect their wickedness and serve One Who WOuld Sieze Glory, shall enter secrelty into the fray.
Last edited by Yulia Jue on Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:32 am, edited 17 times in total.
Yulia Jue
Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

This setup is a closed game for 17 players. However, faction counts are given to you here. This game contains 4 players that are mafia, and 13 players that are town. There are no other win conditions.

Setup Specific Rules:

In any case of a town and mafia ability overlapping, the mafia role is given prefrence.

Any and all active powers will have a resolution number next to them. Roles will be processed as per rule 1 above within each numbered tier.

If you are roleblocked and used an X-shot role, you will retain that shot.

There may or may not be a speak with the dead sort of role in this setup. Please do not spoiler yourself even after you are dead. The way Cabd games go, you might just be posting in the thread again!

Sample Role PMs:
Welcome, Yulia Jue, to Tales of You

You are a Town-Aligned Mod.

By Lorelei!

Your power to communicate with the 7th fonon itself gives you immense powers. As such, you know everything and can see everything. I suppose you ought to help the others out by guiding them down the path of fate, hmm?

Adult

For all abilities dependent upon Age, you are classified as an adult.

Female

For all abilities dependent upon Gender, you are classified as a female.

From Abyss

As a character from Tales of the Abyss, for all abilities that are dependent upon Game, you are classified as a citizen of Auldrant
Welcome, Yulia Jue, to Tales of You

You are a Mafia-Aligned Mod.

By Lorelei!

Your power to communicate with the 7th fonon itself gives you immense powers. As such, you know everything and can see everything. I suppose you ought to help the others out by guiding them down the path of fate, hmm?

Replica

As a replica, you are aligned with the mafia team, consisting of: X Y Z A and may speak with your team at any time in this QT: NOPENOLINKFORYOU Additional information is contained in the first post, please be sure to read it carefully.

Adult

For all abilities dependent upon Age, you are classified as an adult.

Female

For all abilities dependent upon Gender, you are classified as a female.

From Abyss

As a character from Tales of the Abyss, for all abilities that are dependent upon Game, you are classified as a citizen of Auldrant
Last edited by Yulia Jue on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yulia Jue
Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

Player Roster:
1 Kagura (borkjerfkin + nachomamma8)
2 The Fox and the Hound (cephrir and DV)
3 Yggdra Union (guyinfreezer and pieguyn) 3 Yukari Yakumo
4 Magenta_thegreat (Ms Marangal and orcinus_theoriginal) 4 orcinus_theoriginal
5 Titan (Tammy + Sir Arthur Dane)
6 Rancid Broderick Drake (zmuffinman and natirasha)
7 MastinSSK (Mastin2, MafiaSSK)
8 Breakfast With Stalin (Hydra of fferyllt and Belisarius)
9 AngryPidgeon 9 ElementalHawk (Prohawk+3dicerolling)
10 Carbon Fiber (FourTrouble and F-16_Fighting_Falcon)
11 Lord Business
12 Just Sheep Us (Broseidon and Desperado)
13 Red Gyarados (Brian Skies and notscience)
14 Cupcake Panda
15 PeregrineV
16 Penguin_Alien16 Clyton
17 Mac

The Not so Living:
Spoiler: Show
Lord Business, who was Kreed Grafyte, Town Sealed Persona-Roleblocker*, was lynched day one.
Mac, who was Ricardo Soldato, Town Paranoid Bodyguard*, was Killed Night 1
Rancid Broderick Drake, who was Sword Dancer, Town Battleseeker, was Killed Night 1
MastinSSK, who was Ruca Milda, Town Dual-Gender Bulletproof Re-incarnated God*, was lynched day two.
Yggdra Union, who was Tear Grants, Town Evolving JOAT, was killed night two.
CupcakePanda, who was Chelsea Torn, Town Modified Delayer*, was lynched Day Three *A town modified delayer also has a oneshot magnet ability

Nachomamma8, who was Arietta, Mafia Wild Child Beastmaster* A beastmaster is an alternating commuter-roleblocker that counts as both a child and a beast, was lynched Day Four.

PeregrineV, who was Yuri Lowell, Town Lone Wolf A Lone Wolf is a oneshot Delayed-Flip Vig, was killed Night Four.
magenta_thegreat, who was Ragou, Town Corrupt Governor Oneshot-Governor Pedophile roleblock-rolestopper, was lynched day 5.
Breakfast With Stalin, who was Mao, Town Amnesiac Observer, was killed night 5.
Red Gyarados, who was Beryl Benito, Town Artist Oneshot active rolecopy was lynched day six.
CarbonFiber, who was Luke, Town ReplicaMiller-Neighborizer and dead question viewer, was killed Night 6.
Titan, who was Milla Maxwell, Town Determined Warrior Antiblocker/Hidden Restless Spirit was endgamed day 7.
Just Sheep Us, who was Van Grants, Town Instructor-Master Even night modified tracker was endgamed day 7.
Last edited by Cabd on Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Yulia Jue
Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

Spoiler: Show the general rules set
1. I don’t tolerate ad hom wars. If your posting is merely insulting a player without providing game content, you can expect a strike from me. Three strikes, you’re out. I’m fairly lenient about this, but posting “Fuck you” over and over again is simply not acceptable. Severe issues will be reported to the list mod(s).
2. If I say it violates these rules, it does. You can take it up with me postgame if you wish.
3. Play towards your win condition. Gambits are fine, directly harming your own team is not.
4. Once a lynch is reached, you may continue discussion until I lock the thread. No votes or unvotes will count after a lynch has been achieved.
5. A lynch is achieved as a majority of players voting for somebody. Half is not a majority.
6. Do not quote or pretend to quote any information you get from me via PM. This includes posting your role card verbatim. Paraphrasing is fine, as are role claims naturally.
7. Do not talk about this game anywhere else, or with anyone else.
8. If you have family that plays mafia with you, great. However, if there’s any overlap in computer usage, please PM me before the game starts so that we don’t have any accusation of alt cheating.
9. Do not discuss ongoing games in this thread. This includes games on sites other than mafiascum. This also includes using [redacted] as that loophole does not fly here.
10. I am rather lenient upon activity. You must post once every 48 hours. Failure to do so will earn you a prod. Respond to your prod within 24 hours, or face replacement. Three prods is also a force replacement.
11. The deadline is always X days long where X is 1 more than the players currently alive. Nights are always 48 hours.
12. I do not require unvotes. Your vote will be counted so long as you bold it or use the vote tag. Shorthand names are fine so long as it’s clear who the vote is for.
13. If you have a question, please PM me. I’m an addict that sits around on his inbox all day anyways. If a question is something that should be answered publically, I will make a post addressing it without naming who asked it.
14. If my vote count is wrong, you can PM me or post in the thread about it.
15. I do not fix tags or edit posts, even if you ask me to.
16. I reserve the right to add to these rules or modify them, but only when I post notifying all players in the game of the change.
17. Loophole abuse is all fun and games until I modkill you. Don’t try it.
18. Blue
(This color at #0000FF)
is my color. You are welcome to use any other color of the rainbow.
19. Encryption, text hiding, and the like are silly. Don’t do it.
20. Extensions will be granted at 48 hours per replacement, up to a total duration of 6 days max per game phase.
21. Do not use temporary information to convey messages. This includes your signature and your avatar, but is not limited to these things.
22. While putting your vote or unvote on its own line is helpful, it is not necessary and any attempts to game voting formatting will be dealt with as an attempt to cheat. If we think it was a vote, it was a vote.
Yulia Jue
Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

N.D. 2030 17 warriors, some of them traitors, shall enter the fray amongst themselves. One shall perish within the day.

With 17 players alive, it will take 9 votes to lynch or nolynch.

With 17 players alive, deadline is set for 18 days: (expired on 2014-04-18 00:01:39)
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

Hi everyone!

VOTE: Red Gyarados

For being too shiny. You're hurting my eyes.

~Copper (I have no idea if we're actually signing our posts)
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

Hi all.

Rancid Broderick Drake is beyond obviously scum or at worst anti-town. We can already see this through a plethora of traits.

First off. the username.

Look at the word Rancid. It has a negative connotation. But why exactly? I like cheese, let's use cheese. If there was rancid cheese, what would you do? Toss it out. Because it's bad.
Case and point right there.

But it gets worse. We can look at Broderick as being another main indicator of how much they are anti-town. For Broderick consists of two parts "Bro" and "Derick". Now I don't know who Derick is but they are buddying to him as much as they possibly can from the get go! We should all look forward to this Derick as the sake of town and only see the sheeping, buddying anti-town nature of RBD.

But then Drake. Drakes aren't cool anymore. Why use that in a username? That's reason enough to vote them right now.

But if you can't see any of that, here's a couple of actually realistic predictions for how this game is going to go for these guys:

Nat and MuffinZ are going to self-vote in the very first post. But they're not going to do so in a traditional way.
No. The amount of synergy that they have will lead to an aggression. They are going to be questioning everyone. But they're never going to actually vote. They're never going to actually give real reasons for any votes they have. And they're going to get away with it because they're aggressive and because they're charismatic.

For all of these reasons, I can see nothing but a firm Day 1 lynch of
VOTE: Rancid Broderick Drake
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:14 pm

Oh, dear sweet christmas.

~Copper
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 7, The Fox and the Hound wrote:Oh, dear sweet christmas.

~Copper
Hi! :)
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

hi guys
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

this post is town.
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by Red Gyarados »

I don't know why we're starting other wagons when we can find Tammy's alignment by bringing them to L-3 before Page 5.

VOTE: Titan
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by Red Gyarados »

Was that mastin or SSK btw
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 11, Red Gyarados wrote:I don't know why we're starting other wagons when we can find Tammy's alignment by bringing them to L-3 before Page 5.

Yeah. True. Or we could find MuffinZ (who hint is most cunning manipulator) also by page 5. And also by wagoning. Just join me!
In post 12, Red Gyarados wrote:Was that mastin or SSK btw
Does it matter? :P
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:40 pm

In post 11, Red Gyarados wrote:I don't know why we're starting other wagons when we can find Tammy's alignment by bringing them to L-3 before Page 5.

Yeah, but if we find out that she's scum apparently we'll just proceed to not lynch her for some reason.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 14, The Fox and the Hound wrote:

Yeah, but if we find out that she's scum apparently we'll just proceed to not lynch her for some reason.
Mind linking the reference?
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by Red Gyarados »

Yes, it does.

My goal this game is to figure out which of

(nachobork, GIF, Tammydra, 3dicehawk, you two, beliffery, natimuffin) drew town role pms.

So by answering that simple question you could in fact help me solve the game that much earlier.

Or we can pretend I don't know it's mastin because if SSK ever made a post that long I think ms would freeze over, so there's that.

I'm also a bit too chickenshit to vote Nati.

pedit- I want the reference too. I want to sort Tammy as fast as possible.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

Yaaar, we be a hated miller age cop gladiator!

I dare ye treeweasels to counterclaim!

Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

beliffery is quite mellifluous. I approve.
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:53 pm

In post 15, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 14, The Fox and the Hound wrote:

Mind linking the reference?
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=36665
Not anyone's finest hour.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 16, Red Gyarados wrote:Yes, it does.

My goal this game is to figure out which of

(nachobork, GIF, Tammydra, 3dicehawk, you two, beliffery, natimuffin) drew town role pms.

So by answering that simple question you could in fact help me solve the game that much earlier.

Or we can pretend I don't know it's mastin because if SSK ever made a post that long I think ms would freeze over, so there's that.

I'm also a bit too chickenshit to vote Nati.

pedit- I want the reference too. I want to sort Tammy as fast as possible.
All of these posts have been SSK. My playstyle has changed a lot since Januaryish. I just don't play a lot anymore.

But come on, vote Nat. He's already voted himself. His claim is ridiculous. Join us!
In post 17, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:Yaaar, we be a hated miller age cop gladiator!

I dare ye treeweasels to counterclaim!

I wish more people would. I cannot in the life of me ever seeing this actually being a thing. But even if it is, any and all miller claims on balance should be policy lynched.
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:54 pm

Post by Red Gyarados »

What the fuck

Okay mastinssk can be town.

ONE DOWN FIFTEEN TO GO
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:54 pm

Red Gyarados, why did you feel the need to pretend that wasn't an obvious mastin post? I assumed you were joking in the first place.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:55 pm

Also, lol. Mastin is trolling you.
Red Gyarados
Red Gyarados
Goon
Red Gyarados
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by Red Gyarados »

In post 22, The Fox and the Hound wrote:Red Gyarados, why did you feel the need to pretend that wasn't an obvious mastin post? I assumed you were joking in the first place.
I actually wasn't sure (yes, I realize the cogdis) seeing as I know there's a Nati/SSK dynamic that always happens. I attributed that type of post to said dynamic, but leaned more to it being mastin for the same reasons you obviously have.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”