Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Adel »

Death Scene

Yosarian2, an Inuit Mafia Godfather, has been killed

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚
votecount as of post 864

with 9 alive, 5 will lynch before deadline

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

¬Korts:
:Raging Rabbit,
vollkan:
:roflcopter,
DrippingGoofball:
:forbiddanlight,

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:destructor, DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Korts, populartajo, vollkan,

Day 3's deadline is December 26th at 12:28 (UTC)

Countdown timer to deadline
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:21 am

Post by roflcopter »

geez, thanks for immediately proving me wrong, whoever did that
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:29 am

Post by roflcopter »

the killing of a mafia member proves beyond a doubt that there have been kills missing these past two days. something to keep in mind.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Korts »

Mmm. Yosarian's reach on des might have been a distancing attempt, especially since he kept reiterating that he wasn't attacking des for the points he raised, merely questioning him. On the other hand, I seem to remember having read an accusation of Yos defending DGB (forb I think it was). Anyway, I'll read Yos' posts in isolation and see if I can find something.
scumchat never die
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:03 am

Post by roflcopter »

i think the most likely yosarian scumpartner is korts

unvote, vote: korts
soi soi soi

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:19 am

Post by populartajo »

Thats why yos was feeling a bit weak when reasoning against vollkan and des.
I dont know, rolf. Yos messed twice with Korts' name. I mean, if they were scumpartners he would think twice before confusing him with Kison, right?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:21 am

Post by roflcopter »

populartajo wrote:Thats why yos was feeling a bit weak when reasoning against vollkan and des.
I dont know, rolf. Yos messed twice with Korts' name. I mean, if they were scumpartners he would think twice before confusing him with Kison, right?
i think its more likely that the name switch was a legitimate mental lapse on yos' part which had nothing to do with his or korts' alignments, but that was certainly a noteworthy attempt to dissuade me from my conclusion for shitty reasons.
soi soi soi

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Korts »

Yos, second post wrote:People I won't vote for right now:

3. DrippingGoofball
13. Battle Mage
10. Elmo
Noted for possible connections: DGB and Elmo. Yos' reasoning:
Yos wrote:The first two seem to be really trying hard to do scumhunting, and I like that. Elmo hasn't done that much yet, but I totally expect him to nail the scum godfather given another 48 hours or so, so I'll give him some breathing room.
The first two he justifies pretty well; and then there's Elmo. I realize this comment regarding Elmo was probably a joke, but it still seems strange that he's unwilling to vote Elmo for this.

The initial questioning of des re: unvoting CKD seems sincere.
Yosarian2 wrote:
Elmo wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Also, I find it odd that Korts, Volkan, and Destuctor are all all attacking for my vote on CKD and yet not one has shown the slightest bit of curiosity for why I am voting him.
Yos.. what
precisely
is the intent behind this post?
It didn't seem odd to you, that they were just flatly declaring my vote on CKD to be "gut", rather then, like, bothering to ask me for the reasons behind my actions?

I would say the intent behind my post was to try and start to flush out possible CKD scumbuddies.
The "it didn't seem odd to you that they..." sentence seems to be asking for support in pressuring the Kison-des-vollkan trio. More implication of an Elmo connection, perhaps, I'm not sure; although the daytalk would serve a better purpose for this kind of request for support, this post still smells a bit fishy.

Note: I'm up to post 15 (in isolation, of Yos' posts). Will continue tomorrow, gotta go.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Korts »

What's your reasoning exactly, rofl?
scumchat never die
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:29 am

Post by roflcopter »

yos was way too concerned about why people were wagoning you day one and made it his business to make sure your wagon didn't outcompete ckd's. then the continued expressions of exasperation over the fact that not many people did address his concerns about your wagon. thats the biggest thing.
soi soi soi

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Korts »

I can see your point of view.

He was a bit too obvious, though. Buddying up, incriminating me, red herring for the town, I don't have much else I can reply with.

Anyway, I'll finish analysing Yos' posts tomorrow.
scumchat never die
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:35 am

Post by roflcopter »

korts wrote:I can see your point of view.

He was a bit too obvious, though. Buddying up, incriminating me, red herring for the town, I don't have much else I can reply with.
well that was thoroughly unconvincing
soi soi soi

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Korts »

Well, convincing's my middle name. Mind you, not very is the first.

Anyway, there's not much I can reply with to an accusation that doesn't relate to an action of mine. You don't, I hope, expect me to explain Yos' possible motives for doing whatever he did.
scumchat never die
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by destructor »

Korts wrote:Mmm. Yosarian's reach on des might have been a distancing attempt, especially since he kept reiterating that he wasn't attacking des for the points he raised, merely questioning him.
What?! You think we were
distancing?!

Vote: Korts

L-2

Mod:
Can Elmo be prodded? I think it's been 72 hours now.
I'm getting wary of his inactivity. We need to hear what he's thinking asap.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by vollkan »

Korts wrote: I can't explain it much better than this: to me, as town, it makes sense to either take a BS case apart when I first see it, or if I want the pressured player to defend himself first, I don't even mention it. As scum, however, it would make sense to ever so slightly discredit said BS case without actually refuting it regardless of the pressured player's alignment. I guess my "proof" is my own hypothetical play in the situation.

But why would it not make sense, as town, to let the person self-defend? Nothing you say in the above has any relation to that. You've said what you think town would do, and you explain why there could be a scum motivation for not intervening, but you're leaving a silence on the town motivation.

And making it about what "you" would do in the situation is really beside the point. Obviously, we all have to judge things, to a degree, based on our own ideas about what we would do. But that's no justification for simply standing adamant on your own conception of what
you
would do when a reasonable alternative is presented.
Rofl wrote: the killing of a mafia member proves beyond a doubt that there have been kills missing these past two days. something to keep in mind.
Yeah, we now have confirmation that there is either a SK or a vig in the game
Korts wrote: Mmm. Yosarian's reach on des might have been a distancing attempt, especially since he kept reiterating that he wasn't attacking des for the points he raised, merely questioning him. On the other hand, I seem to remember having read an accusation of Yos defending DGB (forb I think it was). Anyway, I'll read Yos' posts in isolation and see if I can find something.
How does Yos's hedging of himself suggest he was distancing with Des?

I mean, his attacks were crappy - but that doesn't tell us whether he was distancing, or just failing as scum. Des was under no threat from any of his arguments, so the fact he hedged himself only really indicates that he was aware that he had dug himself into a hole, and was trying to avoid accountability for it.

And the flip side of that is that the rebuttal coming from Des was very damning of Yos.
Pop wrote: I dont know, rolf. Yos messed twice with Korts' name. I mean, if they were scumpartners he would think twice before confusing him with Kison, right?
Possibly, but I don't think that's really an assumption we can rely on.
Korts wrote: He was a bit too obvious, though. Buddying up, incriminating me, red herring for the town, I don't have much else I can reply with.
That same logic would defeat your point about Yos's hedging his case - why make his distancing so obvious? (as I have said, though, I don't think he was hedging to protect Des-scum but, rather, was hedging to cover himself)
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Adel »

destructor wrote:
Mod:
Can Elmo be prodded? I think it's been 72 hours now.
A prod has been sent.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Adel »

votecount as of post 880

with 9 alive, 5 will lynch before deadline

¬Korts:
:Raging Rabbit, roflcopter, destructor
DrippingGoofball:
:forbiddanlight,

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Korts, populartajo, vollkan,

Day 3's deadline is December 26th at 12:28 (UTC)

Countdown timer to deadline
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:07 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

vollkan is still alive? He's done little more than bus.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:43 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Well hello Elmo. You're reading the theme park. I hope we'll get a post.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:22 am

Post by Elmo »

Loosely, yeah. I'm irritated by the degree to which this game seems to have slipped away from me, circumstances notwithstanding. I was around halfway through a reread yesterday when I folded up, so I should probably get it done today. (I am coughing up icky stuff, fwiw.)
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Korts wrote:
RR wrote:than you stay on BM after having admitted you don't have any real reason to suspect him anymoe
You are pushing this point like it's especially damning. I like keeping my vote out somewhere, and usually when I don't have any leads it's my most recent suspect who gets the honor.
RR wrote:than you OMGUS me on a really weak basis which I quickly disprove and you unvote.
See, it didn't happen that way. You presented a weak case on me. I answered your points. You kept pushing on the same ill-founded reasons. So I voted you for pushing a crap case. There's no OMGUS there (and I'm not even taking into account that OMGUS doesn't exist in practise)./quote]

Your vote was based on not liking how you thought my case was just a followup on my earlier bad gut, which as you yourself admitted later isn't a scumtell.

My focal point is that all of your cases had very little to none at all behind them, and you never invested yourself too strongly in one. They just seem like a tool for you to keep moving your vote around and appear to be scumhunting, which I don't think you are.

Yos being mafia further strengthens my suspicion, I had a feeling you were connected before but wanted to question Yos on his point of view first.

Yos asking questions about the case of you isn't an obvious defence as you tried to present it, it's more like casting an air of doubt on it and allowing himself room for either a bus or a more blatant defence should the situation arise.
You on the other hand have been very non-comittal on Yos, saying you don't see any proof of him being scum and later when more attention was going his way that you see him as slightly scummy, again giving yourself lots of leeway to change your read in whichever way you liked.
Korts wrote:Meanwhile, the debate between Yos and des doesn't seem to give proof of either one being scum. Yos seems to be slightly reaching, while des seems to be extrapolating Yos's scumminess from the fact that Yos is slightly reaching. Of the three main participants of that line of discussion (Yos, des, vollkan), vollkan seems to be the one who chimes in for personal motives.
Korts wrote:The Yosarian-suspicion I agree with to a lesser extent. I don't really see vollkan as scummy, though...
What changed?
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Quote tags got screwed up, here's the post in a less confusing format:
Korts wrote:
RR wrote:than you stay on BM after having admitted you don't have any real reason to suspect him anymoe
You are pushing this point like it's especially damning. I like keeping my vote out somewhere, and usually when I don't have any leads it's my most recent suspect who gets the honor.
RR wrote:than you OMGUS me on a really weak basis which I quickly disprove and you unvote.
See, it didn't happen that way. You presented a weak case on me. I answered your points. You kept pushing on the same ill-founded reasons. So I voted you for pushing a crap case. There's no OMGUS there (and I'm not even taking into account that OMGUS doesn't exist in practise).
Your vote was based on not liking how you thought my case was just a followup on my earlier bad gut, which as you yourself admitted later isn't a scumtell.

My focal point is that all of your cases had very little to none at all behind them, and you never invested yourself too strongly in one. They just seem like a tool for you to keep moving your vote around and appear to be scumhunting, which I don't think you are.

Yos being mafia further strengthens my suspicion, I had a feeling you were connected before but wanted to question Yos on his point of view first.

Yos asking questions about the case of you isn't an obvious defence as you tried to present it, it's more like casting an air of doubt on it and allowing himself room for either a bus or a more blatant defence should the situation arise.
You on the other hand have been very non-comittal on Yos, saying you don't see any proof of him being scum and later when more attention was going his way that you see him as slightly scummy, again giving yourself lots of leeway to change your read in whichever way you liked.
Korts wrote:Meanwhile, the debate between Yos and des doesn't seem to give proof of either one being scum. Yos seems to be slightly reaching, while des seems to be extrapolating Yos's scumminess from the fact that Yos is slightly reaching. Of the three main participants of that line of discussion (Yos, des, vollkan), vollkan seems to be the one who chimes in for personal motives.
Korts wrote:The Yosarian-suspicion I agree with to a lesser extent. I don't really see vollkan as scummy, though...
What changed?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:54 am

Post by Korts »

RR wrote:Your vote was based on not liking how you thought my case was just a followup on my earlier bad gut, which as you yourself admitted later isn't a scumtell.
It was about how your
weak
case was a follow-up. If you had made a stronger case, I would't have "OMGUS"-ed you.
RR wrote:My focal point is that all of your cases had very little to none at all behind them, and you never invested yourself too strongly in one. They just seem like a tool for you to keep moving your vote around and appear to be scumhunting, which I don't think you are.
The cases I made were all as strong as I could find. I didn't invest myself in them strongly because they weren't strong cases. If this is your focal point, it's not a strong one.
RR wrote:What changed?
Didn't I concede that Yos was reaching? That, IMO, pretty much covers deserving suspicion to a lesser extent.
RR wrote:You on the other hand have been very non-comittal on Yos, saying you don't see any proof of him being scum and later when more attention was going his way that you see him as slightly scummy, again giving yourself lots of leeway to change your read in whichever way you liked.
Why don't you FoS everyone who has expressed no suspicion or conflicting reads on Yos? I agree, I have been non-committal on Yos, but I don't see how that's exclusively a stance that scum would take.
scumchat never die
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Korts wrote:It was about how your
weak
case was a follow-up. If you had made a stronger case, I would't have "OMGUS"-ed you.
Yes, but it being a follow up was a part of your attack, along with it being weak (and I'm sure it seemed more appealing due to the OMGUS part - it being against you). As you conceded later, the follow up bit doesn't strengthen your case but weakens it, if anything.
Korts wrote:The cases I made were all as strong as I could find. I didn't invest myself in them strongly because they weren't strong cases. If this is your focal point, it's not a strong one.
So basically, despite talking a lot, you aren't really doing any scumhunting. I happen to think that's a fine focal point.
Korts wrote:Why don't you FoS everyone who has expressed no suspicion or conflicting reads on Yos? I agree, I have been non-committal on Yos, but I don't see how that's exclusively a stance that scum would take.
Nothing is exclusively scummy, but it does make you more likely to be his scumpartner; along with other things.
Korts wrote:Didn't I concede that Yos was reaching? That, IMO, pretty much covers deserving suspicion to a lesser extent.
You said that the debate doesn't give proof of either's alignment, and that vollkan, the third participant, was the scummy one. Then suddenly you somewhat agree with the case against Yos and find vollkan pro town.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

It isn't semantics. You accused DGB of committing OMGUS, which she didn't do. The definition of OMGUS isn't a semantic issue at all - it goes to the fact that you can sling it around as an emotively-loaded label when, in reality, it is wrongly used. You also tried re-defining it yourself as "You are attacking me. Oh My God U Suck, I'm going to vote you" and relied on the apparent silence in DGB's post as to her reasons when, in context, the reasons for voting BM were manifestly obvious.
First, since when does OMGUS NOT stand for Oh My God U Suck? I am
not
redefining it. You are. Further, this IS a semantic debate. it is manifestly obvious why I am voting DGB. I don't think the reasons are so manifestly obvious, since she voted him BEFORE he started in with the whole she lied thing (I think?)

More misuse of an emotional label. Hmm.
I grant this, mostly because I got jumbled. I still think that BM was a planned mislynch.

Well, no, actually you haven't. The only points you initially raised on DGB was the (wrong) OMGUS point, and the (context-ignorant) point about her not having explanations. You then later added a point about her seeming "too assured" (which is really just DGB's style of writing)
Then you haven't read my posts. And I have no need to debate you if you won't do that.
It's some basic vote count analysis. Scum know who each other are and so it's usually safe to assume that their play will be influenced by how their buddies vote. I split my suspects into those on ckd's wagon and those off because I tend to think scum won't all vote together.
Well, now you've made it WIFOM, but this is an acceptable explanation. I don't like the vibe I get from it but I think I understand it?

Ironically, you seem to be making DGB the scapegoat for BM's lynch now. Hypocrisy is the best!
And if she flips scum? (not that it's unlikely)

Um, actually, vollkan's point was that you used the term OMGUS on something that obviously isn't.
Even though it was. You all debated the semantics of the existence of OMGUS. vollkan only got beyond that. Nice try Korts.

I agree that forb deserves suspicion. The Yosarian-suspicion I agree with to a lesser extent. I don't really see vollkan as scummy, though, and Elmo hasn't contributed a lot to discussion (I am aware of his computer problems, which might in part explain that).
Everyone deserves suspicion. Some more than others. I grant people don't like what I'm saying. I've never excelled at arguing things. But as long as I'm eventually listened to, I'll be happy.
i think yos and des are both town and this feud between them is a big waste of time

Yosarian2, an Inuit Mafia Godfather, has been killed
whoops. Not that it matters. Just slight amusement.
i think the most likely yosarian scumpartner is korts
Why?
yos was way too concerned about why people were wagoning you day one and made it his business to make sure your wagon didn't outcompete ckd's. then the continued expressions of exasperation over the fact that not many people did address his concerns about your wagon. thats the biggest thing.
Thanks. Um...I guess I have to at least read D1 soon, don't I? I'm not gonna do a commentary post but it might change my views. But I'll do this rl tomorrow.

well that was thoroughly unconvincing
This. Too obvious begs WIFOM.
vollkan is still alive? He's done little more than bus.
And defend you along with Korts. I'd like a response to my vote, no matter how weak the case might seem.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”