forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Nyeh, well, that was odd. It was a fun concept, I think. Surprised the mafia killed me since I was coming off as scummy near the end there, and my activity really was much lower than usual. Either way, it was a good game and I love a game that gets down to F3. Fun to watch the tension crackling.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Electra »

I didn't think Caboose was scum, but Empking was obviously not going to vote himself, and I figured that it wouldn't hurt us as long as there was no Mafia A. Unfortunately, Seraphim decided I was Mafia at some point, which made 0 sense, considering that I said that Sens and him were opposite alignments and Sens turned out to be scum.

If we had just ignored roles and lynched whoever was most suspicious though, it definitely would have been Kinetic based on Caboose/Seraphim's play. Sigh. Whatever.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:49 am

Post by charter »

Holy crap. Good work Kinetic! Can not believe you pulled that out for us. I will go ahead and nominate you for some scummies, that was a great performance you did when your predecessors did you no favors.

Sens also did good getting someone besides himself lynched.

Great work Caboose too, vigging 2/3 of the mafia was damn good. I actually thought Yaw was a PGO, didn't realize it could be a vig.

I thought this was a good game, it was a nail biter the last few days. Thanks for modding PJ!
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Seraphim »

Electra wrote:I didn't think Caboose was scum, but Empking was obviously not going to vote himself, and I figured that it wouldn't hurt us as long as there was no Mafia A. Unfortunately, Seraphim decided I was Mafia at some point, which made 0 sense, considering that I said that Sens and him were opposite alignments and Sens turned out to be scum.

If we had just ignored roles and lynched whoever was most suspicious though, it definitely would have been Kinetic based on Caboose/Seraphim's play. Sigh. Whatever.
You know, please, don't blame me for thinking you were scummy. It was really the AoE at the end that made me vote for you, while Kinetic had laid out, quite nicely, some logical points.

I made a mistake. your play made me think you were scum. *shrugs* I suppose this has been a rather humbling expierence...I thought that Electra was scum, and rather than listening to facts, I tunnel-visioned her until she died. Which turned out to be our loss.

Oh well. Good game, Mafia! You had me fooled the entire time. XP
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Seraphim wrote:
Electra wrote:I didn't think Caboose was scum, but Empking was obviously not going to vote himself, and I figured that it wouldn't hurt us as long as there was no Mafia A. Unfortunately, Seraphim decided I was Mafia at some point, which made 0 sense, considering that I said that Sens and him were opposite alignments and Sens turned out to be scum.

You know, please, don't blame me for thinking you were scummy. It was really the AoE at the end that made me vote for you, while Kinetic had laid out, quite nicely, some logical points.

I made a mistake. your play made me think you were scum. *shrugs* I suppose this has been a rather humbling expierence...I thought that Electra was scum, and rather than listening to facts, I tunnel-visioned her until she died. Which turned out to be our loss.

Don't feel too bad Sera. I left you around instead of Emp for a multitude of reasons, chiefly, the fact that you relied a little too heavily on logic, something I was banking on.

Even though Emp called me townie, I really couldn't get into his head, and I thought he was a bigger risk. But by killing him, I also had yet another out, Wifommy as it was. "Empking called me town, obv if I was scum I'd want him around".

What it came down to was that I gave you too much information. Information overload if you will. The whole point of that was "Look at everything I'm giving you, if I were scum would I say so much?" But in reality it was "This is everything I'm giving you... but what am I leaving out?" And at the same time I played a Magicians game. Look at my right hand and ignore what my left hand is doing.

I think if some people were a little more critical of my motives (i.e. If I was scum, what would I know), and a little more critical of everything I gave you (i.e. Well he says that IF there is a Mafia A/SK then Caboose must be it, but what if there isn't...) You guys might have unveiled me.

Caboose didn't help himself with lying on Day 2 at all. It made his full vig claim unbelievable and untestable if he was a SK. His own assurance that there was a Mafia A also tanked his own case against Empking that he was Mafia A, ironically.

In that situation Caboose should have realized there could not be a Mafia A unless he was in it, and should have pushed for either a lynch of myself of Electra. Both of which would have most likely won the game for town. Caboose could have lynched one, then killed the other, and no matter WHAT I did, the game would have been lost to me.

Additionally EVEN if he was SK, in that situation it would STILL be Emp/Sera/Him in end game and Emp/Sera would know he was SK if that happened. If he brought that point up, town might have won.

I thought the reasons behind him not doing that were, honestly, him being a Serial Killer. If he brought that stuff up, he was as good as dead as a SK.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

So, why was I killed?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by Electra »

Seraphim wrote:

I will blame you for thinking that I'm scummy, thanks. :p It's not your fault that we lose though. The town was pretty sucky except for Caboose.

People just need to realize that I'm never scum if they think I'm scum. When I'm scum I just get nightkilled. There's no need to lynch me ever.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Caboose wrote:You acted extremely anti-town near the end of D1. You didn't vote, which is a HUGE scumtell. You also looked like you were trying to just coast through D1.
I didn't want to go after anyone and then change my mind the next day about it. And plus, I didn't vote because I didn't the candidates up for lynch for scum. As well, SSK was an easy lynch so I didn't want to lynch him that day.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Caboose »

Then what the hell did you hammer me for?!
Additionally EVEN if he was SK, in that situation it would STILL be Emp/Sera/Him in end game and Emp/Sera would know he was SK if that happened. If he brought that point up, town might have won.
I believe I did bring up that point.

I personally don't think
I
could have done any better this game, Kinetic.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Caboose »

ShadowGirl wrote:
Caboose wrote:You acted extremely anti-town near the end of D1. You didn't vote, which is a HUGE scumtell. You also looked like you were trying to just coast through D1.
I didn't want to go after anyone and then change my mind the next day about it. And plus, I didn't vote because I didn't the candidates up for lynch for scum. As well, SSK was an easy lynch so I didn't want to lynch him that day.
Well, my vig of you actually wasn't a misvig. While you weren't scum, you were anti-town, which is the closest thing there is to scum.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Very true, very true. xD;

I was just surprised I got vigged/killed so fast. Though, I believe someone attempted to protect me?
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:20 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Wow, this game looks really well-designed. Good job, PJ.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”