Mini 527 - Doom in Valencia - Game Over!

neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by neko2086 »

First, Arakorn, I will be expecting you to address any questions/points presented by myself or Javert.

Javert, as frustrated as you might be by my reluctance to believe you, I would think that you would understand my cautiousness considering the situation I'm in. And no, I'm not going to take everything Arakorn says for truth. I felt some sincerity in what he said yesterday, but obviously I have to re-evaluate it now.

I have a burning question. Arakorn, why didn't you vote for me?
Also, why do you think I wouldn't vote Javert?
In Tartiflette We Trust
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by neko2086 »

^I should clarify, Javert, that I'll take the evidence and arguments you present into careful consideration. I'm going to be cautious, but I won't blow off everything you say. I think you'll understand that.

I am also in no hurry. This has been a long game, but I'm in a really tough position and I want to get it right. We went from an extremely hard-to-lose situation for town to this, and I have to admit to being partly responsible, so I'm feeling the pressure and I certainly don't intend to make a hasty decision.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:44 am

Post by Arakorn »

To me it seems pretty clear now that Javert is mafia, because if Neko was mafia he would've finished the game already. Thus I won't withdraw my vote. (And to Neko it is obvious that either Javert or me is scum.)

Neko, the reason I voted for Javert was that had you been scum it would have made no difference who I would vote for, you could easily enter the game and "seal the deal". That is unless you want to play around but I find it highly unlikely as you would have a certain win in your hands. If you would be scum and not vote yet then if Javert and I would vote you you would lose.

Yesterday (IRL) when I posted I still thought that Neko was scum, but because Javert already voted for me the only chance of survival I had was to vote Javert and hope that Neko did the same, which has kinda come true, at least Neko didn't vote for me (again, giving me reason to believe that Javert is scum).

So we're at a point then when Neko needs to decide who to vote for. Take your time...

Just want to admit that all the suspicion Javert has for me is valid. I just hope that Javert's decision to vote for me straight away will turn Neko over to my side.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:56 am

Post by neko2086 »

Yesterday (IRL) when I posted I still thought that Neko was scum, but because Javert already voted for me the only chance of survival I had was to vote Javert and hope that Neko did the same
Just to clarify, when Javert voted for you, you still thought I was scum?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:36 am

Post by Arakorn »

Yes. You were always a bigger suspect to me than Javert, mainly because of Javert's analysises and such that were supposed to help the town. But because you didn't vote for either of us, I am almost 100% certain that you aren't scum after all, thus it must either Javert or me.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Javert »

Still here.

However, I feel that my perspective on matters is very clearly put, and any points I make at this time would likely just be more repetitive than informative (and hence not really that helpful for neko).

As such, if there are any questions or things you want me to address, merely mention them and I will answer them. Otherwise my posting in this game will likely be scant, given that I have said most all I can say.
"I was born with scum like you."
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Hm. Well, I really don't want to draw this out any longer than I have to. I think I've got pretty much everything I'm going to get. So, here we go.

I didn't vote Arakorn yesterday because his sacrifice comment felt sincere. I have to agree with Javert, though, that his "the town is doomed now" comment from today is over the edge. The part that bothers me the most about it is that if the town actually were doomed, and he thought I was scum (which he confirmed that he did), he should have just gone ahead and voted for me. Instead, he allowed the town to be "doomed" if that were the case.

Obviously he wouldn't vote me after Javert voted Arakorn and I had the opportunity to hammer. But, Arakorn
opened
the day by saying he would go against his gut and vote Javert. If he really thinks I'm scum at that point, he's throwing away the entire game. If he thought I was scum, he obviously should have voted me, even when voted by Javert. His only chance of winning would be to get Javert to at least unvote.

I think the rest of the cases have been made, but basically, Javert has put much effort into this game, whereas Arakorn has not. Arakorn began to invest interest into this game only yesterday, really. Arakorn's arguments and behavior are incredibly inconsistent, and he hasn't adequately accounted for this.

If Javert is indeed scum, he's done a fine job. I can't say the same for Arakorn if he's town. I don't think I have a choice, really.

vote: Arakorn
In Tartiflette We Trust
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:09 pm

Post by Arakorn »

Great. That's it then :(
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:02 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

... and Game Over!

Three men in a once-crowded room. Javert, neko, Arakorn... Arakorn, neko, Javert...

One was scum.

Javert and Arakorn stared each other down like western desperados. The question was, of course, which had the gun?

Neko finally pointed at Arakorn. He took the noose, and garotted him; he'd had plenty of practice by now.

So that was the end of the Valencian mafia. Javert and neko shook hands, and went back to Javert's place for pizza.

And if neko's pizza was coated with cyanide, who cared in the end?

Arakorn, townie,
has been lynched, giving the game to our magnificent scum team, Javert, MeMe, and Dead Rikimaru!

Full list of roles;
Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien
replaces Sammich
, mason, suicide due to partner's death night 3

soupfly
replaces vellon
, squashed under an inflatable giant rubber duck night 4
Gorgon
replaces Deathguise
, Townie, lynched day 3

Tarha
lindur
replaces Selande
, CopMason, shot n3

Javert
replaces Archaist
, scum, won at endgame

neko2086, townie, endgamed.

gorckat, townie, lynched day 4

mikeburnfire
replaces SirWario who replaced The Jester
, Townie, blown to smithereens and beyond night 3

Arakorn
replaces McStab
, townie, lynched day 5
Guardian
replaces RideTheBomb
- Townie, killed night one.

MeMe, Goon, Lynched day two

Dead Rikimaru
replaces Sikario8
, Godfather, Lynched day one

Night actions and AAR coming up later.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:05 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

YEEHAW!

Thank you very much, Javert. Awesome performance. ;)
I was a bit upset I got lynched while I was on limited access, and for a dumb reason (this was the 5th game where I used to "top3" strategy. I had already used it twice as town and twice as scum, it was a coincidence that I was really scum in this game :roll: ).
But in the end it was quite fun to follow the game with inside knowledge and see how things ended.

Congrats on the game, Jenter. Nice doing business with you. ;)
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:16 am

Post by soupfly »

nicely done javert.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:23 am

Post by neko2086 »

Damn.

Nice job, Javert.

Sorry town, I don't think I could've chosen Javert over Arakorn. I don't know if I could have chosen him over Gorckat either, but I should have kept Arakorn out of the endgame.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:39 am

The full list of actions is very long and will ahve to wait until I'm bored, but here come the modnotes;

I made a complete hash of most of the modding of this game, d1 I need to say no more, but after that I blundered a few times, or setup blunders were revealed.

I didn't tell the cop/mason of the sucicde pact, on the grounds that it was a formidable pairing anyway and it would help if they couldn't plan on their sole weakness.

On hindsight, that was a mistake, but it led to the most memorable criticism of my modding this game;
Tarhalindur wrote:LAME.
[/quote]
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:49 am

Jenter Brolincani wrote:The full list of actions is very long and will ahve to wait until I'm bored, but here come the modnotes;

I made a complete hash of most of the modding of this game, d1 I need to say no more, but after that I blundered a few times, or setup blunders were revealed.

I didn't tell the cop/mason of the sucicde pact, on the grounds that it was a formidable pairing anyway and it would help if they couldn't plan on their sole weakness.

On hindsight, that was a mistake, but it led to the most memorable criticism of my modding this game;
Tarhalindur wrote:LAME.
Woops, posted before I was ready.

Also there was that whole screwy business with me not posting rules and nearly modkilling soupfly...

That was stupididty and incompetence on my part too, apologies to everyone who has been inconvenienced by my idiocy/stupididy/negligence this game, i.e. all of you guys.

As for the setup;
I ended up feeling that the setup was mostly quite reasonable, the mafia were handicapped by losing the GF early on, but the chances weren't big, and they pulled it back nicely.

The inventor was too complex a role really, but provided amusing moments, and managed to blow MBF up, drive the cop out of town in a home-made bus, turn neko into a miller (on n1, and nobody noticed), and finally end his own life when his rubber duck (a device which RBed any night actions from the player it was used on unless they were aimed at the inventor) was blown up by Javert neatly submachine gunning it, and thereby burying him under the weight of rubber (it was a BIG duckie).

The masons I would have told about the suicicde if I reran this setup.

I think that's all, further criticicsms please put here in the thread...

Particular thanks to all my replacers, and neko who stuck with this game from start to end.

Particular apologies to Pra and Tar for the suicide, Soup for the modkill fiasco, and everyone for being a poretty poor mod in general.

I've got lots of quite neat setups ready, but I'm not sure I'm really decent enough at modding to go in and run another game...
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Guardian »

DR, you were lynched for sikario8's play, and your limited access. I'm not sure I see what 'dumb reason' you are talking about.

Neko, from an outside view, Arakorn looked really honest over the last couple of days. Javert tends to always try hard, I'm not sure why that would be an indication of his town-ness; I thought you were the last scum though. Hindsight is 20-20, I can't fault you, nice try.

Javert, congratulations; I hate you. People like you are why I have something like a 20% win percentage. lol, again nice job after scum lynches day 1 and day 2.

Jenter, if you put more effort in, you'd be a better mod. If you don't have time or are unwilling to do that, maybe staying clear of moding would be best :P. One thing to be careful of if you mod again: don't make alignments obvious with flavor. I was even more sure I was going to be NK'd Night 1 with how much you embellished my role in lynching DR.

Good game all.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:15 am

Post by gorckat »

Dammit!

I hate you to Javert! I saw soemthing after I was hammered that might have helped neko. You kept saying my DR vote was for no reason, but that's only because, like Guardian just said, that it was based on sikario's play.

Arakorn's play also had me a little reserved the last two days (while watching LYLO), but honestly, the effort he seemed to put forth was miniscule and a more vigorous one might have swung things.

And pot/kettle- I should have tried harder to find something on Javert or Archaist.

Good game, Javert :) I do think we are oil and water as far as playstyles go, but now that this game is wrapped up and in the past I think I can get over my feelings of never wanting to play with you again :P
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Javert »

A few other things to note:

1.)
MeMe had asked Jenter to lock the game after she had hammered herself; the thread remained open long enough, however, for the 'mystique' of her post to lose it's luster.

2.)
The flavor of the game made it very difficult to argue against certain things; for example, soupfly was nigh unlynchable because of the fact that he was an inventor was constantly confirmed in scenes throughout the game and PMs to players. Refusing to modkill soupfly also essentially was no better than flat out
telling
the town that soupfly was town.

3.)
After my kill had failed on N2 on Tarhalindur (which left me feeling 100% depressed -- both my partners had been lynched and I couldn't even succeed in
killing
my biggest threat) I thought my best chance may have been to get the town to believe the mafia was dead (at least for a day).

4.)
Modding the same game twice without making it an open set-up also could have
easily
lost scum the game. Both Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien and Arakorn (at the very least) had indeed played in this set-up before at TWCenter (the only change being the Suicide Pact). If either of them had noticed this, any scum trying to fake-claim could have been blown out of the water by simply referencing that other game.

~~~~~

Overall, I am pretty happy with my performance -- I have tried to think of things I would have done differently if I were town, and I honestly am not sure what -- if anything -- I
would
have done differently (excepting for that if I had not replaced Archaist, I obviously would have poked at him).

I really thought I had about a snowball's chance in Hell as Day Three unfolded. My Godfather and Goon were dead; I had failed to kill the night before; I was dealing with 2 Mod-Confirmed Masons and a Mod-Confirmed Sane Cop; the mod then proceeded to confirm soupfly the Inventor by (a) the day scene, (b) a PM to neko2086, (c) a PM to Tarhalindur, and (d) lack of modkill; soupfly then read his result wrong to "confirm" neko2086; then my argument for a cult was blown from the water with "will town lynch the last scum?"; and then the town started making plans that would get me lynched. By the end of Day Three, I still did not know whether or not there was a Doctor or other power roles floating around. It was
not
a fun position to play from.

I am still not
completely
sure how I managed to slide under all of that, but you can rest assured that I lost a good amount of sleep over this game figuring how to argue against things (a) as objectively as possible, and (b) in such a way that it would result in me not being lynched yet. And, as it happens, I really
did
think neko2086 was going to vote me when it came down to it (on the basis that he thought Arakorn was sincere on D4).

Thanks to all who played, and a *huggles* to MeMe -- wish we could have actually
played
as scum-partners instead of being ripped apart as soon as I came in.
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:51 am

Thanks for the feedback Guardian.

Nobody ever got the El Cid reference with your death scene...

Anyway, I think I'll proabaly give modding a second shot, as soon as I can find a decent setup...
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:54 am

Post by Javert »

Edit by way of Post:

^
3.)
After my kill had failed on N2 on Tarhalindur (which left me feeling 100% depressed -- both my partners had been lynched and I couldn't even succeed in killing my biggest threat) I thought my best chance may have been to get the town to believe the mafia was dead (at least for a day)
and that a cult may be alive
-- specifically, I wanted the town to come to the conclusion that Tarhalindur was a Cultist who had failed to recruit MeMe (because she was scum) on Night One, and had successfully recruited somebody (either soupfly for Arakorn/Pra) on Night Two. Drastic times called for drastic measures! However, the "will town lynch the last scum" comment basically put a halt to that strategy before it could begin.
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Arakorn »

Congrats on your play Javert, you were very good.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:55 am

Post by MeMe »

Jenter Brolincani wrote:Day Dawns....

Everyone wants to lynch the last scum. Tarhalindur comes in by bus, Pra drives in by car, Javert rides a horse, and mikeburnfire comes on a unicycle*. Everyone's desperte to be here!

But will they manage to kill the last scum today..?

* Neko rode a giant fish, but nobody noticed that.
Sent to Javert after the above morning post, which completely robbed him of the argument that there could be more than one scum/scum group left (for which he'd already laid the groundwork):
MeMe wrote: If you win this, you're the
mastah
I mean...wow. Any game with you in it is automatically exalted to a higher level.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:13 am

Yep, I'm a dumbass alright.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:06 am

Post by MeMe »

Sorry! That was meant to highlight Javert's awesomeness, not your post -- indeed, I wasn't even sure it WAS an error on your part. The way the game was leaning at the time, I thought it might be part of the set-up!
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:44 am

No, that was a boo-boo of mine. :(

My next game is going to be I SEE THE JOKER, currently being balanced and looking for a co-mod.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 8:43 am

Post by MeMe »

last post

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”