Newbie 1010 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Newbie 1010 (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:01 am

Post by bird1111 »

Alive, bold unconfirmed, purple=V/LA with parentheses containing the details, stars=number of prods:
Yoenit
Vinicius Chaim
Razgriz
Olinea, replacing Spadille
neil1113
Catterpillar, replacing Ups
nevermind (SE)
silverbullet999 (SE)
Civil Scum (IC) (See Rule 19 for more details)

Dead:
No one

Status: Game Over, go to post 905 for the result and 906 for the final status.
Last edited by bird1111 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:52 am, edited 32 times in total.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:02 am

Post by bird1111 »

Rules:
0. This is a game. Have fun. Don’t let things get personal.

1. Play to win.

2. The game will start with a Day Start once all confirms are in.

3. During Day, you may vote for one player at a time. Votes (both the word Vote and the person being voted, with all/part of the username (shortening the username is acceptable so long as I can recognize who you are voting)) must be bold or they generally will not be counted. (I reserve the right to count it anyways if I think that not bolding was intentional). Unvoting is optional.

4. Whenever a player has more than half of the people alive voting for him/her, that player will be lynched, and his or her role will be revealed, and Night will begin, during which the thread will be locked, and because of this, will not count towards prods that are kept track of on the front page (I will send PMs to everyone when Night ends, but these will not count towards the front page)

5. The Newbie Queue rules now require a non-retractable 3 week deadline per day, thus this game will have one. At deadline, a majority of people who have posted in thread within the last 48 hours and are not currently being replaced will be enough for a lynch. A player may also choose to not have their vote count at deadline if they are too busy to make an informed vote at deadline. If you choose this, I will inform the game that you have made this choice as soon as I am aware of it. I will add a section to all votecounts, separate from the main one of the votes of people who have posted within the last 48 hours. For example, let's say there are five people alive, Bob, Alice, Carol, David, and Erica, and Fredrick. Let's say that only Bob, Alice, David, Erica, and Frederick have posted within the last 48 hours at deadline but I am currently searching for a replacement for David and Frederick has requested that his vote not be counted. This would mean that two of Bob, Alice, and Erica would have to be voting the same person at deadline for a lynch to go through.

6. Do not talk outside the thread unless your role allows it. This applies even if you have been replaced or have not been in the game at all. People who are dead or were replaced by someone who is dead may talk outside the game, but only with other dead people and the people they replaced.

7. If you’re dead, you get one ‘bah’ post with no game-related content.

8. If I make a mistake about public information, say it in thread, if I make a mistake about private information (such as your role), PM me about it. This goes for questions and comments also.

9. Confirm in thread.

10. I will try my best to get a vote count near or at the top of every page or at least every few days.

11. If you do not post for 72 hours or if a player requests I do so, I will prod you by PM, and then if you still do not post within 48 hours, you will be replaced if you failed to pick it up or prodded again if you did pick it up, and if you do not post within 48 hours of the second prod, you will be replaced. Absences that are posted in thread, PM'ed to me, noted in your sig and/or posted in VLA are exceptions to this rule (though, posting in thread and PM'ing me are preferred, as those are what I am most likely to see), though if I feel it is necessary, I might temporarily replace you. V/LA status I am aware of will be put in the front post.

12. If I have to search for replacements for half or more of the people alive, the game will generally be called.

13. Red is the official mod color, no one but me may post in it, and if someone other than me edits it, the red will be edited out and they will be warned. If I believe that a player has posted in red knowing that it is against the rules, I will likely replace them.

14. The setup and roles were 100% randomized.

15. If I have to prod someone a fifth time in the course of the game, they will be replaced instead unless one or more of the prods was when they were V/LA, which do not count. This is reset for replacements who replaces in.

16. The number of prods will be kept track of in the front post. Number of stars by a person's name equals the number of times they have been prodded. If the next time they would be prodded they will be replaced instead, their name will be in mech.

17. If you are modkilled for any reason that is not a mod mistake, you will be turned into a Neutral Survivor, and therefore lose. The town will be told what your role before being turned into a neutral survivor. Attempting to use modkills to gain an advantage will get you banned from all future games I run.

18. Quoting Role PM's without paraphrasing will be punished by modkill, as is quoting from a Quick Topic. If you want to quote any other PM from the mod ask first, as quoting some other PM's from me could get you modkilled. If you are not sure whether something is paraphrasing or quoting, ask. This applies to fake PM's also.

19. IC's (and myself for non-strategy related questions) are here to help you. See this wiki page for details about how they should be heping you. Feel free to ask any questions, that is part of the purpose of this game, to help the new players learn.

20. Anything that is a part of the Mafia Specific Rules applies, even if it isn't in my rules.

21. Personal attacks (ie insulting a person instead of their arguments) are not allowed, and you will get a warning for doing so, and if done repeatedly will get you replaced. Attacking a person to a small extent for repeatedly bad arguments is fine if used sparingly and if the focus is on why the arguments is bad (ie a phrase dedicated to someone being stupid for repeatedly making bad arguments is fine if using the phrase [Person] X is stupid or something similar is used in a paragraph that's dedicated to why the arguments made by Person X are poor arguments, while using a whole paragraph to say why the person is stupid or repeating the phrase through several posts is not)

22. Any other mean-spirited acts are not allowed, and will get a warning the first time you do so, and you will be replaced the second time. If you want to know whether something would fall under this rule, I highly encourage you to ask.

23. No invisible text, small text, or any other text that requires the quote function or a copy and paste+modifications in size or color so that it is readable into a text editor, editing or deleting posts. First time it is a warning, repeated offense result in replacement. Using codes without my permission will also result in a warning followed by replacement.

24. Posting Quick Topic links will be punished with a modkill.

25. Claiming to be someone or some people's scumpartner(s), whether true or false will get you modkilled and blacklisted (ie banned from playing in any games I mod)

26. If I have to replace/modkill you in two games for the same offense, you will be forbidden for playing in games I mod.

27. If anything is unclear about the rules, or if you need any clarification, ask.

28. I reserve the right to edit these rules as I see fit. I also reserve the right to warn for using loopholes in the rules, and modkill if it is a second offense. If you are unclear if something is a loophole, ask. If you do spot a loophole, let me know by PM so I can fix it.

Possible Setups:
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Cop
1 Doc
5 Townies

2 Mafia Goons
1 Cop
6 Townies

2 Mafia Goons
1 Doc
6 Townies

1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
7 Townies

Role PM's:
Zero or two people received:
You are a Mafia Goon, your partner is (XXXX), who is also a Mafia Goon. Each night and during the confirmation stage you may discuss the game here, and also send me the name of a player. That player will die. You may discuss during the confirmation stage. You win when the number of mafia is the same as the number of pro-town people. The game can be found here.

Zero or one person received:
You are the Mafia Goon, your partner is (XXXX), who is the Roleblocker. Each night and during the confirmation stage you may discuss the game here with your partner, and also send me the name of a player. That player will die. You may discuss during the confirmation stage. You win when the number of mafia is the same as the number of pro-town people. The game can be found here.

You are the Mafia Roleblocker, your partner is (XXXX), who is a Mafia Goon. Each night and during the confirmation stage you may discuss the game here with your partner , and also send me the name of a player. That player will die. Also, you may send me the name of the same or a different player. That player, if they have a nightchoice, it will fail. You may discuss during the confirmation stage. You win when the number of mafia is the same as the number of pro-town people. The game can be found here.

Five to seven people received:
You are a Townie, you have nothing but your vote so put it to good use. You win when all Mafia are dead. The game can be found here.

You are a Cop, each night you may send me the name of a player. So long as both you and your target survive the night, I will tell you whether that player is innocent or guilty. If your investigation fails, whether it be because you died, your target died, or you were roleblocked, you will be told what caused it to fail. You win when all the Mafia are dead. The game can be found here.

You are a Doc, each night you may send me the name of a player. The name can not be your own. If the Mafia try to kill that player, they will survive instead. You win when all the Mafia are dead. The game can be found here.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:11 am

Post by bird1111 »

All role PM's out, confirm that you have received yours by posting in thread by Friday@11:11 AM EDT/GMT-5 (3:11 PM GMT), if you haven't received your Role PM, let me know. Mafia may talk until 48 hours from now or 24 hours from the last confirmation, whichever comes later.
nevermind
nevermind
Goon
nevermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:21 am

Post by nevermind »

confirm
Yoenit
Yoenit
Townie
Yoenit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Yoenit »

Confirm
Ups
Ups
Townie
Ups
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Ups »

/Confirm
Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Razgriz »

/Firm2firm
Show
We'll put a boot in your ass it's the American way!
Roll Tide Roll #1 Alabama 4-0 this season
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1
Jester(Still part of 3rd party): 1-0

Olinea: "But I'll only stop scumhunting when I'm dead."
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:22 am

Post by neil1113 »

/Confirm!
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Civil Scum »

/confitrm
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:37 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

/confirm
... People were right it seems....
Vinicius Chaim
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Vinicius Chaim »

confirm
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:49 pm

Post by Spadille »

Lastly, /confirm
Sorry guys for the delay, now where was I?
"
Spadille
? Because the name 'Ace Of Spades' is already taken."

No, seriously. I'm one of those town guys.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:50 pm

Post by Spadille »

Oh yeah! I am here at this game!
When will the game start?
"
Spadille

Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:22 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

As your IC, I can honestly say that I do not know. Theres nothing wrong with posting at this point, though its possible that whatever you do (voting and otherwise) will not count.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:23 pm

Post by Spadille »

Ok thanks, just wait for the mod then?
"
Spadille

Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:51 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Unless you really wanna vote someone :P
Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:40 am

Post by Razgriz »

Vote: mod
:P

Haha it's not bold so you can't hold me to it
Show
We'll put a boot in your ass it's the American way!
Roll Tide Roll #1 Alabama 4-0 this season
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1
Jester(Still part of 3rd party): 1-0

Olinea: "But I'll only stop scumhunting when I'm dead."
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:00 am

Post by bird1111 »

Recently your tiny village in Sicily has heard reports of plans of the local band of Mafia to send two of its members to kill you all off. Realizing that you had to root them out before your village was killed off, you all agreed that each day one person would be lynched by majority vote, with one vote per person, or no one lynched if there was a majority vote for that or if the sun set before you could decide. Having figured this plan out, you put it into action, hoping to kill off a Mafia member before they have had a chance to kill any of you.

Day 1 begins, with 9 alive it is 5 to lynch. Deadline: September 30th@8:00 AM EDT/GMT-4 (12:00 PM GMT). A countdown to deadline can be found here
Last edited by bird1111 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:03 am

Post by Spadille »

I
Vote: Razgriz
for voting the mod
THE WRONG WAY
D:
"
Spadille

Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:35 am

Post by Civil Scum »

vote: ups

Fos: nevermind

Cause Ups is the mafia goon, and Nevermind is the roleblocker!

Just kidding, I do not have super-powers.I am not more likely to be town or more likely to be scum than anyone else. People claim, and it is possible, that newer players tend to believe that pro-town sounding IC's are townies more often than not. But the role selection is random (or is supposed to be). All it means is that I have played a certain number of games on Mafiascum. Questions and stuff about how to do things, or certain situations that arise in the course of the game I'll do my best to answer or explain. But yeah, sorry, no super-powers :(

Welcome to the game and have fun!
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:38 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Razgriz, gotta use zee bold tags for voting or the mod is 99% likely not to count it
Yoenit
Yoenit
Townie
Yoenit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Yoenit »

Vote Spadille

blame random.org
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:25 am

Post by Spadille »

FoS: Random.Org
"
Spadille

Ups
Ups
Townie
Ups
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Ups »

Vote:silverbullet999

Don't blame me, the RNG made me do it!
Yoenit
Yoenit
Townie
Yoenit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:09 am

Post by Yoenit »

Ups wrote:
Vote:silverbullet999

Don't blame me, the RNG made me do it!
Using a random number generator is very scummy, I have my eye on you now!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”