Newbie 981 ~ Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Newbie 981 ~ Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:36 am

Post by KittyMo »

Backup Mod: Nikanor

Spoiler: Still Alive
julienvonwolfe (IC), Mafia Roleblocker, Survived

Spoiler: Dead and Gone
drmyshottyizsik, Mafia Goon, Lynched Day 1
ChosenSoul, Doctor, Killed Night 1
Tangion, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 2
willows_weep (SE), Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 2
jntp, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 3
mothrax, Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 3
Andrius (SE), Cop, Lynched Day 4
Adrien C
KnightofZero
, Vanilla Townie, Endgamed Day 4

Game Links

Rules | Setup Info | Confirmation Stage | Day 1 Begins | Day 1 Lynch | Day 2 Lynch | Day 3 Lynch | Day 4 Lynch

Announcements

none!
Last edited by KittyMo on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:07 am, edited 25 times in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:40 am

Post by KittyMo »

Game Rules (Modified from Zorblag, who modified them from Vel-Rahn Koon):

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as:
Vote: PlayerName.
Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.

5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will have 3 week deadlines. At deadline, the player (or No Lynch) with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the tie breaker will be the player who has the first active vote on them. Should there be no active votes at deadline no one will be lynched.
8. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.

10. I will try to post vote counts once per day or once per page, whichever comes first.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

Indigo
text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.

5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.
Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:41 am

Post by KittyMo »

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

name
(a Mafia Goon) and your partner
name
(who is also a Mafia Goon/Mafia Roleblocker) are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must send me a PM with your choice of who to kill. You should copy your partner on the PM so they know the kill was submitted.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:
name
(a Mafia Roleblocker) and your partner
name
(a Mafia Goon) are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
  • Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block. If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether your roleblock worked or not.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must send me a PM with your choice of who to kill. You should copy your partner on the PM so they know the kill was submitted.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Town-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:03 am

Post by KittyMo »

Now that all Role PMs have been sent out, the thread is open for /confirmations. :D

"plz don't swear" -- N
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Andrius »

/confirm

Hello everyone! :D

I'm Andrius, resident SE. This is my first time playing as SE. It basically means that I know how to play and I'm willing to play in the Newbie games. (I'm here to hone my scumhunting skills.) If you have questions on how to play, or questions at all you can ask me (and willows_weep, the other SE), but the IC, juilianvonwolfe is the teacher-role in this game. (Don't forget the mod too.)

I've never played with any of you before, so this should be good. :)
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:19 am

Post by mothrax »

/confirm
first game on mafiascum, though I have played and modded several games on another forum, though this seems a bit different. Hope to have fun!
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Andrius »

You will have fun. :D
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:05 am

Post by KnightofZero »

/confirm

Sup guys. I'm a newbie, this being my first game here and only my 2nd game ever. I really look forward to this game!! :D
jntp
jntp
Townie
jntp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:42 am

Post by jntp »

/confirm

first time playing here!! >=DDD
ChosenSoul
ChosenSoul
Townie
ChosenSoul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:57 am

Post by ChosenSoul »

/confirm

And like most everyone else, this is also my first game here. :mrgreen:
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by willows_weep »

/confirm.
Hello all.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Rule 2-10 has been added, just fyi.

"plz don't swear" -- N
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Howdy all! IC here. I'll make a bigger post when day one starts.

/confirm
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

/confirm
#freeShotty
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Andrius »

FoS: Tangion
For not confirming yet. :P

And holy hell, willows_weep has been here since 2003. O_O
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:52 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

FoS: Tangion please
#freeShotty
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:13 am

Post by KittyMo »

Since you're all here and waiting, I'll go ahead and start the game. If Tangion doesn't confirm within 24 hours, I'll nab a replacement.

[9] Not Voting - (Andrius, ChosenSoul, drmyshottizsik, julienvonwolfe, jntp, KnightofZero, mothrax, Tangion, willows_weep)

"plz don't swear" -- N
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:21 am

Post by Andrius »

Vote: Tangion

He's obviously stalling so he can have more time in the scum QT to plan with his scumbuddy.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Andrius »

And its really cool having a bunch of 1st-gamers.
My first game I hammered a townie D1, and was lynched D2. I was town. :( We lost. But my lynch prevented the Doc from getting lynched, so it was a good death.
ChosenSoul
ChosenSoul
Townie
ChosenSoul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:54 am

Post by ChosenSoul »

I've never actually played Mafia online, but I've played it alot with my friends during Summer Camp, and the last summer camp I was the first one killed 3 times in a row.

Also, VOTE: jntp, just because the smiley he used reminds me of evil (the > look like horns).
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:03 am

Post by KnightofZero »

Since we seem to be in random vote stage, I'll VOTE: drmyshottyizsik, since I don't really know how to pronounce your username. o_O
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Andrius »

KnightofZero wrote:Since we seem to be in random vote stage, I'll VOTE: drmyshottyizsik, since I don't really know how to pronounce your username. o_O
Yeah. Most games, even the larger ones start with a RVS stage (Random Voting Stage) to start discussion, since there's not much to go by.

I'm thinking you say his name: Doctor Mr Shotty is Sick. :P
Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Tangion »

/confirm
Sry about that I tried to confirm before but I'm still learning to use my blackberry
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:17 am

Post by KnightofZero »

Andrius wrote:
KnightofZero wrote:Since we seem to be in random vote stage, I'll VOTE: drmyshottyizsik, since I don't really know how to pronounce your username. o_O
Yeah. Most games, even the larger ones start with a RVS stage (Random Voting Stage) to start discussion, since there's not much to go by.

I'm thinking you say his name: Doctor Mr Shotty is Sick. :P
I was thinking Dreamy Shotty is Sick, but I think yours is better. :P
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:19 am

Post by KnightofZero »

EBWOP: I think you mean Doctor My* Shotty is Sick

Now, I think about it, it could be Doctor, my shawty* is sick... HMM... idk.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”