Newbie 981 ~ Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:05 am

Post by KnightofZero »

/confirm

Sup guys. I'm a newbie, this being my first game here and only my 2nd game ever. I really look forward to this game!! :D
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:03 am

Post by KnightofZero »

Since we seem to be in random vote stage, I'll VOTE: drmyshottyizsik, since I don't really know how to pronounce your username. o_O
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:17 am

Post by KnightofZero »

Andrius wrote:
KnightofZero wrote:Since we seem to be in random vote stage, I'll VOTE: drmyshottyizsik, since I don't really know how to pronounce your username. o_O
Yeah. Most games, even the larger ones start with a RVS stage (Random Voting Stage) to start discussion, since there's not much to go by.

I'm thinking you say his name: Doctor Mr Shotty is Sick. :P
I was thinking Dreamy Shotty is Sick, but I think yours is better. :P
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:19 am

Post by KnightofZero »

EBWOP: I think you mean Doctor My* Shotty is Sick

Now, I think about it, it could be Doctor, my shawty* is sick... HMM... idk.
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:56 am

Post by KnightofZero »

Andrius wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
Andrius wrote:
@ Kitty: How does the picture help the town win the game?
Other than that cute kitties are always helpful, it's not :b
If you're not helping the town, you're helping the scum.
FoS: KittyMo
Wait, does FoSing the mod actually do anything? lol? Is it just a :wink: FoS? or a :P FoS?

Also, do I smell a band
wagon
rolling toward us from the distance? Even though the people are like, L-3 (3 votes away from lynch), we should be careful not to wildly vote for people, and risk accidentally killing a townie. Just saying.

BTW @KittyMo: Can users request a vote count? I feel discombobulated with all these votes
:shock:
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:58 am

Post by KnightofZero »

EBWOP
: Don't get me wrong though; RVS stage is pretty fun... that is... until someone dies... o_O
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:38 am

Post by KnightofZero »

Andrius wrote:Greek Mythology was probably my favorite game thus far. I was scumboss, with a bodyguard who took a lynch for me. I then convinced the town to lynch my other scumbuddy, because I painted him to look like a lynch-redirector. I stole the hammer from the town, hammered him and got the final counter we needed to win, so I won as last member of the mafia.
Made alot of friends that game, and we nominated it for a scummy for 'most enjoyable game'.
lol what a boss
julienvonwolfe wrote:@ Knight: Does the threat of a wagon on Andrius make you that anxious?
It doesn't make me that anxious or nervous, but it's just that bandwagons, in general, are pretty scummy for the reasons you listed. Also, I posted that thing about the bandwagon because they were
two
at the time, not just one.
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by KnightofZero »

o_O i mean I do, but like.. Halo 1... on PC... and I'm terrible... o_O o_O

/off topic
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:05 am

Post by KnightofZero »

I think it's interesting how we were able to lynch on Day 1... and how a doctor also happened to die on Night 1. :? :?
mothrax wrote:@Knight and jntp: 'sup?
Um, hello? I suppose this post was just to get us active. I wasn't really available until now, but I'm here now.

The only suspects I can think of Tangion, jntp, and willows_weep. However, I feel like willows_weep hasn't been particularly scummy, at least to me. jntp has just been inactive also, so I don't really have an opinion on him yet. willows_weep also doesn't strike me as particularly scummy either. The only choice left is Tangion, and I
FoS: Tangion
. I don't think that any mafia member would vote for their scum buddy this early in the game, or in a game this newbie.
Tangion wrote:I didn't change it cause I figured as the only one voting it I would have plenty of time to change it if need be past.

If the evidence for drmyshottyizsik was that strong, didn't you feel any need to change your vote? If you are a townie as you claim you are, what prevented you from voting? I'm pretty sure "laziness to change vote" or something doesn't really qualify.
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:06 am

Post by KnightofZero »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
Weep not for me, for I am dead.
Hmm... is this some strange reference to the fact that willows_weep is also scum? o_O

That's a reference to someone who left the site at one point and editted all their posts to say "Weep not for me, for I am dead." It made a lot of threads confusing to read over. ~KittyMo
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by KnightofZero »

I think I do too, and I too am wondering what will come of it.
I suppose I (accidently) induced WIFOM, if this was what you were thinking.
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:24 am

Post by KnightofZero »

I guess I'm waiting for something, particularly from willows_weep, as to the reason why you voted for me. This way I can defend myself, and maybe we can get some discussion going? When I first I saw your vote, it seemed pretty dramatic, so I was expecting some full-blown explanation and discussion.

Also, starting tomorrow, I'll have rather limited access to computers, for the next two weeks.
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:22 am

Post by KnightofZero »

willows_weep wrote:Now...why are Tangion, jntp, and myself suspects? At the same time, why are Julien, Andrius and Mothrax missing from your list?
It's kind of odd...those three are not on your list but you make sure to point out that
on your suspect list
I am not
particularly
scummy. That's pretty odd don't you think? The structure of what you're saying is off.
The only reason you three were on any list, was because of my accidental WIFOMing; I assumed that people wouldn't vote for their scumbuddys, but obviously, that seems not to necessarily be the case in this game.
Can you divulge oh how the structure is off, and what exactly is odd?
willows_weep wrote:You say that Jntp is below your radar because they aren't active.
Yes, that is what I said. I couldn't get a read on him since he didn't really post as much; so for the time being I didn't have any opinion on him.
willows_weep wrote:You are fos'ing Tangion because... you think if Tangion were scummy, they wouldn't have voted for Dr. contingent only on the fact that is was D1 and the fact that it is a newbie game.
Not sure what you are saying here - obviously, the slip ups that drmyshottizsik made were a lot more visible than anything Tangion did. I only noticed Tangion and whatever scummyness he has after the "main attraction" died. Not sure if I addressed your question.
willows_weep wrote:Your pattern seems opportunistic. Not sure if that's because you're wicked scummy and actually scum. Or you are town that seems scummy because you don't have a lot of time and so when you are in the thread you aren't able to really give your all.
Again, what pattern? Are you asking me to claim with this last statement?
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by KnightofZero »

Just a reminder guys: this'll be the last post I make before I go V/LA.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”