tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by tubby216 »

woo hoo charter i am so noming you for a scummy , best town play,,,
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Night Action History

Night 1
Danchaofan kills afatchic
Freeko tracks charter (fails)
Darox protects charter
Charter hides with Artem
Tubby does not shoot

Night 2
Danchaofan kills artem
Freeko tracks lowell
Darox protects lowell
Charter does not hide
Tubby shoots lynx

Night 3
Freeko kills Darox
Freeko tracks Master Ruck
Darox protects Master Ruck
Charter does not hide

Night 4
Freeko kills Master Ruck
Freeko tracks tubby
Charter does not hide
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by charter »

Good game everyone, thanks for modding Llama.

About halfway through this game, I realized that hider is actually an extremely powerful town role. I'd never played in a game with one before so I'd never paid it any notice. I pm'ed this to Llama, but he didn't answer (I'm assuming cause he's the mod), but I think these are some interesting discussion points.
Do you think it would be a good idea if you were cop to claim hider (as in a future game, obviously not this one)? I was debating about it, you're essentially adding the benefits of being a hider (scum never trying to kill you) with the safety of being a cop. This solves virtually all problems of a cop claiming (being nightkilled or roleblocked by scum) and lets a potential doctor protect elsewhere.

Plus, if you're actually a cop, you can investigate scum, then once you nail one or two, come clean. Sure you could get lynched for lying, but if it isn't LYLO then afterwards, they know who some scum are. I'd never really thought of this, but it seems like it might be able to work.

I must thank you putting the hider role in this game, I'd never realized its power until actually having it. I also think it's a good idea to lie and tell scum you have to use your power every night (especially if you're a cop) so that way scum don't even bother wasting their resources on you (and if you're cop, then a roleblock or kill is almost always better off on another townie).

I wonder all this because cops are in ~75% of games whereas a hider is in less than ~10% so it seems like a viable cop strategy to me as long as mods don't start putting in hiders all the time.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Well this game proved to me that even when you think a setup is balanced it still can throw you a few curve balls.

The fact that two of the three town powers lied about their roles just threw me off, and was something that I never expected. Darox claiming PGO was even more interesting, although Charter trying to turn what I am sure he thought was a real claim into a gambit was a rather unfortunate byproduct of it.

The roles were supposed to be more of a "find the trackable role" game with the tracker and doctor since the vig only had one shot, and the hider could never be tracked successfully. I was hoping to get to about night three where it was a 'kill the power role or make the strategic kill' situation, never really got to that point though.

The hider was a move I made given that its a role that is something I enjoy seeing, where it is more of a double edged role. This is also due to my hatered of cops as a role, but like of having some information to go on, just risky to obtain. Actually with the hider and one shot vig, it was possible for the town to lose N2 if everything went to hell in both the day and night phase.

I think everyone played very well though, and was pleased with not really needing to track down many replacements for a mini when I see so many get hung up at that point in the game. Makes me want to replace into more games that I normally do since it just helped the game move along.

This was my first time modding here, I have done a few slapdash games on other sites, but appreciate feedback too in just about any aspect.

I put my mini theme in the queue, and have a few more pre-in spots left if anyone wants one, but given the length of it nowadays, that might take a while to get there in the end. More thoughts later tonight.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by tubby216 »

i loved this game really well done llama,

and to llama or charter if you are ever stuck and need a replacement let me know i'll be happy to

infact everyone in this game was really good to play with

dorax to claim pgo was a stroke of genius!!
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Darox- Nice fake town claim though it threw me off a little with my suspects.

Tubby- Why did you kill me?! Was it something I did or said that offended you?! Seriously, though I don't think I was the best kill and I thought I was pretty clearly town with my being on top of Panzerscum. Whatever though no big deal except that I'll hold and intense grudge against you(Just kidding).

Charter- Simply brilliant play man. Honestly this is why I like mafia when you can control the game like this. You took the reins as town leader and you dominated it.

Llama- I thought you did a great modding job. Better than alot of mods I've seen.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Oh and kudos to Master Ruck and Artem. I think you had a good recovery after doubting your ability. Artem I liked your style as town and I think you played very well.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:48 pm

Post by Darox »

Man, I had a harder time with that fake claim than I showed.

Every time I thought about this game I had to remind myself that I was A: Not Scum B: Not really a PGO.
Night 2 I actually didn't send an action for a long time simply because I forgot I was a doctor.

It was a lot of fun though, and definitely made the outcome more interesting.
I was a little wary when charter announced his plan though, I thought that was going to hurt my little untouchable thing I had going and bring him down with it.

I do feel I could have directed my protections a lot better N1 and 2 though, fatchic and artem were obv protects, but for some reason I decided to ignore that.

Apart from that, good game.
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by Danchaofan »

If I'm scum in a 3-man again I'm full out bussing my partner day 1 and have my other partner claim pgo... It might work...
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:27 am

Post by tubby216 »

Lynx The Antithesis wrote:Darox- Nice fake town claim though it threw me off a little with my suspects.

Tubby- Why did you kill me?! Was it something I did or said that offended you?! Seriously, though I don't think I was the best kill and I thought I was pretty clearly town with my being on top of Panzerscum. Whatever though no big deal except that I'll hold and intense grudge against you(Just kidding).

Charter- Simply brilliant play man. Honestly this is why I like mafia when you can control the game like this. You took the reins as town leader and you dominated it.

Llama- I thought you did a great modding job. Better than alot of mods I've seen.
lynx agian it was a mistake,, you were posting like just enough to be town in my eyes but some of your posts made me think you were kind of scummy too, then when panzer had outed his partners as it were in his death / pre bah post i thought well it must be lynx then, it was really bad form on my part, i should have shot nite one or saved it till near endgame something but yah i screwed you over i am sorry
you will more than likely get a free pass from me next game i happen to be in with you lol
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:25 am

Post by Lowell »

tubby216 wrote:woo hoo charter i am so noming you for a scummy , best town play,,,
Ditto this.
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Master Ruck »

Glad I got into this game. I really enjoyed it. Somewhat miffed I didn't survive until endgame as I felt I was so close, but ah well. Crumbling cookies and all that. Still, I find it funny that Charter no longer has a mafia career after mis-guessing Lowell as scum.

The main reason I came to this site was actually the prospect of modding instead of actually playing. I'm coming up to three months now so I should be able to mod, or /in to be mod at least, and I think this game has shown how you can have an effective standard game without all the expected standard roles. When (or if. Losing interest in mafia) I mod a game, I will remember this one as an example of a job well done.

Oh yeah, and way to go Charter!
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:02 am

Post by charter »

@Llama, interesting idea for setup. Don't think I've seen a mafia tracker (maybe one that died day one in the fam guy game). I actually think this setup would have been very interesting with a PGO instead of a doctor.

@Darox, never trusting you again :P
Danchaofan wrote:If I'm scum in a 3-man again I'm full out bussing my partner day 1 and have my other partner claim pgo... It might work...
I dunno, I wouldn't recommend this. Bussing day one normally doesn't pay off. If there actually is a PGO in the game, and you're countered, it would be hilarious, but the town will have no problem lynching both them. What if you have one scum claim PGO, then have another counterclaim it day one? One will get lynched, but the other might be very believable then.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Artem »

Good job, Charter.

Thanks for modding, Llama.

Nice playing with you all. Very enjoyable game.

Lowell needs to be more pro-town. :P
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Danchaofan
Danchaofan
Goon
Danchaofan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:46 pm

Post by Danchaofan »

charter wrote:
Danchaofan wrote:If I'm scum in a 3-man again I'm full out bussing my partner day 1 and have my other partner claim pgo... It might work...
I dunno, I wouldn't recommend this. Bussing day one normally doesn't pay off. If there actually is a PGO in the game, and you're countered, it would be hilarious, but the town will have no problem lynching both them. What if you have one scum claim PGO, then have another counterclaim it day one? One will get lynched, but the other might be very believable then.
SK cross kills could become problematic but it might work.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Lowell »

Artem wrote:Good job, Charter.

Thanks for modding, Llama.

Nice playing with you all. Very enjoyable game.

Lowell needs to be more pro-town. :P
Yeah I can barely believe I was town, either.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 5:35 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”