Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Mini 555 --- LDF Mafia -- Game Over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Last edited by Sarcastro on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:09 am, edited 22 times in total.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Game Information:

This game is based on the webcomic The Last Days of Foxhound, by Chris Doucette. The comic revolves around the villains from the video game Metal Gear Solid and several other character from the series.

Knowledge of the comic is not mandatory, but I highly recommend that everyone at least read the Characters page. Wikipedia's article on Metal Gear Solid's characters is also highly recommended.

Game Rules:

0. This is more than a game. Fun is not as important as winning. If things get personal, it’s your job to make them even more personal.
1. Do not talk outside of this thread, unless your role PM explicitly says you may do so.
2. Do not edit or delete your posts in any way, shape, or form. Once you have posted something, it is there for good, unless I find reason to alter or delete your post myself, which I inevitably will.
3. Do not quote your role PMs in any way, shape, or form. This also applies to night conversations.
4. Do not post in invisible text, excessively small text, or use [ color = black ] tags.
5. You may request mod-prods, replacements, clarifications, and votecounts from me directly in the thread, but please precede such with a bolded “
Great Overlord Sarcastro:
” so that I will be able to answer you as promptly as possible.
6. You are dead as soon as I have officially posted such. Do not post any relevant information to the game whatsoever. You are, however, allowed a single “Braaaiiiiinnnnnsssss!” post.
7. It is a lynch only when I say so. Feel free to continue discussion during twilight.
8. If you expect to be absent for any significant period of time, please inform everyone in the thread.
9. Do not question my infallible judgment. If you think I have made a mistake of some kind, you are obviously wrong, unless, of course, reality itself is incorrect. If you believe this to be the case, please PM me immediately so that I may give reality a harsh beating.
10. I reserve the right to lie to you, mislead you, and otherwise screw with your head in any way whatsoever.
11. If I feel like it, I will edit your posts to fix mistakes, make jokes, or entertain myself in any way I see fit.
12. Once a majority of votes have been cast on a player, that player will be lynched, regardless of any subsequent unvoting.
13. When voting, use bold tags. For example,
Vote: Sarcastro
(Note that if you actually try to vote for me, you will be modkilled). Alternatively, you can draw your vote as an image and then post it. Doing such will make you cool.
14. When changing your vote, you should
Unvote
, but it is not strictly necessary. You will be frowned upon quite mercilessly, however.
15. I may place a deadline whenever I feel like it.
16. Once there is a deadline in place, only a plurality will be necessary to lynch. If multiple players are tied for most votes, the one who reached their number of votes first will be lynched.
17. If this game isn't balanced, it's Mole's fault.
18. I can change any of these rules whenever I want.
42. Only I get to post in dark blue. If you post in dark blue, you get modkilled. Or, since people would probably get mad at me for doing that, I'll just change your font colour or something.
Last edited by Sarcastro on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Players:

Alive (4):

Skruffs
(Replacing Andycyca)

JDodge
(Replacing Super God King)

Lloyd
SlySly

Dead (10):

Alabaska J
(Replacing Thanatos (Replacing ryan))
(Naomi Hunter, Innocent) beaten to death N3.

hasdgfas (Psycho Mantis, Mafia) killed by the town D3.

eljcko (Vulcan Raven, Mafia) lynched D3.

Korts (Decoy Octopus, Innocent) shot N2.

ooba (Scratch, Innocent) shot N2.

UltimaAvalon (Berthold, Innocent) lynched D2.

mikeburnfire (Sniper Wolf, Innocent) shot N1.

Frank (Guard-dressed-up-as-Psycho-Mantis, Innocent) shot N1.

lovo14 (Roy Campbell, Innocent) lynched D1.

Bob (Guard, Innocent) killed N0.
Last edited by Sarcastro on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Cardboard Box

Bob was feeling a little depressed. He was part of the experimental genome soldiers project. He was supposed to be an elite modern soldier. The cream of the crop.

He didn't really feel very elite, though. They'd started training with Liquid Snake today. Liquid Snake! The son of Big Boss himself! He'd been so excited before, but now he just felt stupid.

It wasn't his fault, really. Everything had been so difficult. Why did Liquid have to have such high expectations?
Because he's the son of Big Boss
, Bob reminded himself. Bob was a smart guy, but he had nothing on Liquid. What Liquid had done with the cardboard box... it was just amazing. Who would have thought to actually look
underneath
the box? Bob sighed. Was it expected that he'd be able to think on that level, that creatively, that dynamically,
all the time
? It might be easy for a genius like Liquid, but for most people, even someone as smart as Bob, it was incredibly difficult.

Bob thought about all this as he carried on with his rather boring guard duties. He was supposed to be guarding the fuse box that controlled all the power for Foxhound HQ. He wasn't sure what the point was - after all, who would want to sabotage the fuse box? And even if they did, they have to go through all those other–
wait a second, where's Joe?
Joe was also patrolling around up here, but Bob hadn't seen him in a few minutes.

There was a scuffing sound behind him. Bob turned. He didn't see anything. Just a cardboard box. He looked around while calling out for Joe. He turned back to the box. Was it moving towards him? No, that was impossible. There was definitely nobody in that direction.

Suddenly Bob got the feeling that he was forgetting something. What could it be? The oven! He'd left the oven on! Except he didn't have a stove. He didn't even cook his own food. What else, then? Something about the training today? Of course! He wasn't walking in a proper patrol. What was he supposed to do again? He tried to think back. Was he supposed to stand still and jerk around in random directions? Yes, that was it! He was supposed to do the robot!

As Bob did the robot, he still couldn't help but feel that he'd forgotten something else. He looked back at the cardboard box. It was just a few feet away now. It was definitely much closer. How was that possible? He couldn't imagine any way... except... except... he strained his mind, trying to remember. And he did.

Except if there's someone behind it! He quickly checked behind it. It was clear. "Well, that's a relief", he said to himself.

There was barely any time for an exclamation mark to even appear above him before he fell to the ground, entirely dead.

It looks like the last days of Foxhound may be coming early.
Last edited by Sarcastro on Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Andycyca wrote:
Great Overlord Sarcastro
How long are you going to wait for the rest of the players to confirm here?
I'll probably give Lovo another day or so.

hasdgfas wrote:
Great overlord Sarcastro:
may I shorten Great Overlord Sarcastro to mod?
I dunno. May I modkill you?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #25 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:00 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Great verlord Sarcastro:
May I shorten Great Overlord Sarcastro to Stukov?
That would be acceptable. "Stukov" must be preceded by "Admiral", of course.

mikeburnfire wrote:
Great overlord Sarcastro:
I hope you're a better mod than you are a player.
Well, I hope so too, but I think that's rather unlikely. How exactly does one best perfection? I'm honoured that you think I can, of course, so I will try my best.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #26 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Sarcastro »

All right, I'm going to give Lovo another 12 hours. If he hasn't at least picked up his PM by then, he'll be replaced and we'll start. Sorry for the delay.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #33 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Lights Out

It had been a normal day.

As normal as days got around here, anyway.

But now it was significantly less normal than usual.

First some guards had shown up dead. That wasn't too unusual. Not everyone in Foxhound had quite the same
appreciation
for the lives of others. The truly worrisome thing had come later.

Some guards had shown up alive.

Not just alive, though, but knocked out.

And they seemed to form a path. A path like the one someone infiltrating the building might take. A path straight to the fuse box where all the power for Foxhound HQ was controlled.

The fuse box was okay, but there was no sign of the guards. An emergency meeting was called. That's when the trouble started.

The lights went out. All power was gone. Everyone knew what that meant. There was still someone on the roof, and he'd likely destroyed the fuse box. Everyone immediately regretted picking the room without windows. There was suddenly a lot of swearing, mostly directed at other people in the room. People tend to do that when they're under pressure.

Then a door opened.

Then a door closed.

There was a mad, chaotic rush, but by end of it, everyone was still in the room, perfectly quiet. There was some more swearing. You could have sworn you'd heard someone use a codec, except that it's impossible to hear someone use a codec. Odd, that.

A familiar voice spoke up. Or was it familiar? It was suddenly very hard to tell. "What should we do?"

"Well," said another voice, "he hasn't killed anyone yet, has he?"

"I think," someone said, absolutely calmly, "we should
vote
."

And the last days of Foxhound began.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #94 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Vote Count:

3 – ooba (Korts, Andycyca, eljcko)
2 – ryan – (mikeburnfire, Lloyd)
1 – eljcko – (ooba)
1 – lovo14 – (hasdgfas)
1 – Korts – (Super God King)
1 – Andycyca – (ryan)
1 – UltimaAvalon – (UltimaAvalon)
1 – mikeburnfire – (SlySly)

12 Alive, 7 to Lynch
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #115 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Thanatos replaces ryan, effective immediately.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #187 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Vote Count:

5 – lovo14 – (Andycyca, hasdgfas, Super God King, eljcko, Korts)
2 – mikeburnfire – (UltimaAvalon, SlySly)
1 – Super God King – (ooba)
1 – ryan – (Lloyd)
1 – SlySly – (mikeburnfire)

12 Alive, 7 to Lynch
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #227 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:19 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Vote Count:

5 – lovo14 – (Andycyca, eljcko, UltimaAvalon, mikeburnfire, hasdgfas)
1 – ryan – (Lloyd)

12 Alive, 7 to Lynch
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #232 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Day End Vote Count:

7 – lovo14 – (Andycyca, eljcko, UltimaAvalon, mikeburnfire, hasdgfas, Korts, ooba)
1 – ryan – (Lloyd)

Lovo14 is lynched.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #233 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Insubordination

It had been a rather uncomfortable few hours.

Everybody wanted to leave the room. And yet, nobody wanted to leave the room.

Everybody wanted to leave because they knew who must be in here, and they knew he was dangerous. But if they left, they would lose their numerical advantage. They might not be the sort of people naturally inclined to work together, but united against a common enemy… they were Foxhound, and they were the best of the best.

Eventually, someone began trying to take charge, issuing orders. He was greeted with a well-timed chorus of “Fuck off”.

“Who the hell do you think you are, anyway?” someone went on.

“Wha- why, I’m Colonel Campbell, of course. Don’t you recognise my voice?”

“Uh, no. Definitely not. In fact, I’m not sure I even remember a Colonel Campbell at all.”

“What?!”

“Yeah, what are you talking about?” chimed in a third voice. “I remem-”

“Shut
up
, you moron,” responded the third voice.

So after some brief discussion, it was quickly decided that this obvious intruder was not, in fact, Colonel Campbell, but rather a liar who needed to be dealt with. So he was shot.

A rudimentary investigation probably could have proven that he really was Colonel Campbell, but, well, nobody really cared.

lovo14 (Roy Campbell, Innocent) has been lynched. Please submit your night choices as soon as possible.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #234 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Beauty and the Beast

Things got even more uncomfortable once Campbell was dead. That is, if by "uncomfortable" one means "chaotic".

There was some disagreement. Some were not too thrilled with those who had taken it upon themselves to murder Campbell in cold blood. Some were sufficiently not-thrilled to initiate a certain degree of physical violence.

Things quickly escalated and went downhill at the same time. It's funny how things can do that.

Punches were thrown. Shots were fired. But eventually, everyone calmed down.

By the end of it, there were two bodies on the floor. After yet another period of discomfort, there was a short "feeling around" expedition to try to determine who was dead in the lightless room. Some of the people were, let's say, a lot more
satisfied
with what they felt than others. One of the bodies was female, and dressed slightly, uh, provocatively. One of them was male, and dressed incredibly weirdly. Of course, everyone had grown used to that by now.

Sniper Wolf had been shot. There was a feeling of sadness about this - she was one of the least-hated members of Foxhound, and she would have been useful in defeating Solid Snake.

Psycho Mantis had also been shot. There was significantly less sadness about this fact, especially since it had slowly become obvious during the brawl that he was not especially concerned with protecting the lives of his Foxhound comrades. In fact, everyone had slowly come to the conclusion that he was not trying to help Foxhound at all.

It was enough to have to worry about Solid Snake, a threat from outside. Was it necessary to worry about threats from within as well?

hasdgfas (Psycho Mantis, Mafia) has been shot.
mikeburnfire (Sniper Wolf, Innocent) has been shot.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #237 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Sarcastro »

SlySly wrote:Wow, did the Great Overlord dose us all with rohypnol? That was a damn long 36 hours!! :)
When did I say it would be 36 hours?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #258 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Super God King has been prodded.

I will set a deadline if activity does not pick up, and I don't think you guys want that this early in the day. So start posting.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #261 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Super God King will be replaced as soon as I can find a replacement. In addition, a deadline will be set for
12:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time, April 1st
. Sorry, but you guys have brought this upon yourselves. More prods will be going out soon if people don't start posting.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #265 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

JDodge replaces Super God King.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #283 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

JDodge wrote:
Oh Great Pope Sarcastrus I
: Is innocent just a blanket term for "town"? Or is there more to it?
All pro-town players are called "Innocent" after they die. Only alignment is revealed; exact roles are not.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #316 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Yeah, I forgot about that. The deadline has been extended a week to April 8th.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #338 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:42 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Oh, bloody hell. Am I going to have to prod
all of you
?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #349 (isolation #22) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Vote Count:

3 – ooba (Korts, JDodge, SlySly)
2 – SlySly – (ooba, Andycyca)
1 – UltimaAvalon – (Lloyd)

9 Alive, 5 to Lynch
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #368 (isolation #23) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Day End Vote Count:

4 – UltimaAvalon – (Lloyd, SlySly, eljcko, Korts)
1 – ooba (JDodge)
1 – SlySly – (Andycyca)

UltimaAvalon is lynched.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #369 (isolation #24) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Animal Cruelty

Time seemed to stretch out. Nobody knew what was going to happen. Everybody was scared, or at least a bit nervous.

The hours dragged on. Were they even hours? It was impossible to tell. For long stretches, nobody said anything. Everyone just thought.

Eventually, there were more suggestions to kill various people. But there was hardly any consensus.

Nobody had been very pleased with Wolf’s death. But one person in particular had become rather distressed. After a while, it became obvious that this person was no longer mentally stable. Something was definitely wrong with him. Slowly, everyone else became more and more upset with his behaviour.

The decision was made to “put him down”. He hardly even protested. As far as many people knew, he couldn’t have protested had he wanted to, although of course he knew otherwise.

In truth, he didn’t care. Wolf was dead. His whole world had been destroyed.

When he was dead, they immediately understood their mistake. He was Berthold, Sniper Wolf’s loyal wolf. He certainly couldn’t be trying to kill anyone. Tensions were rising once again.

UltimaAvalon (Berthold, Innocent) has been lynched. Please submit your night choices as soon as possible.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #370 (isolation #25) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Cannon Fodder

Some shots are fired. Some people are dead.

An investigation reveals that the victims are Scratch and someone else. You're having trouble identifying the other person. He doesn't seem very familiar.

After some thinking, someone finally realises that the other person must be Decoy Octopus. There's no telling who or what he was dressed up as, though.

You all reflect on these deaths for a few moments. Most of you realise you don't care very much. Scratch wasn't really even part of the team - he was just some random guy who did something or other with some computers. Honestly, who cares?

Octopus was part of the team, at least, but all of you had always sort of considered him, well, useless.

So that's it, really. Not exactly a big loss, right? At least you hope it wasn't. A lot of people have been dying and you still haven't found Snake...

Korts (Decoy Octopus, Innocent) has been shot.
ooba (Scratch, Innocent) has been shot.
Last edited by Sarcastro on Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #379 (isolation #26) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:03 am

Post by Sarcastro »

JDodge wrote:
Oh Great Pope Overlord Jesus Admiral Whatever Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah:
Can you confirm that this:
SlySly wrote:Nope, emailed mod after 11 days to see if game had been mod abandoned and he said take it up with you lurkers because he was still waiting on night choices.
(the whole "long night thing") is true? It seems unfair to give some people some info and not give it to everyone else.
I did not say that. If SlySly wants to, he can quote his exact question and my exact answer.

By the way, I'd discourage trying to glean game information from my answer. If I thought it was meaningful, I obviously wouldn't have said it.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #391 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

SlySly wrote:
Great Overlord Sarcastro:
can we get a prod on Lloyd? It has been 25 days since his last post.
Both Lloyd and Thanatos have been prodded.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #417 (isolation #28) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Vote Count:

3 – Thanatos (JDodge, eljcko, Andycyca)
2 – Andycyca – (Lloyd, SlySly)

6 Alive, 4 to Lynch

Thanatos has not answered his prod and will be replaced.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #430 (isolation #29) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

A replacement for Thanatos is on his way.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #432 (isolation #30) » Mon May 12, 2008 8:47 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Alabaska J replaces Thanatos.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #443 (isolation #31) » Wed May 14, 2008 10:21 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Vote Count:

2 – Alabaska J – (JDodge, Andycyca)
2 – Andycyca – (Lloyd, SlySly)
1 – Lloyd – (eljcko)

6 Alive, 4 to Lynch
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #462 (isolation #32) » Sun May 25, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Both JDodge and Lloyd were prodded (before Lloyd posted). JDodge has picked up his prod, but if he doesn't post soon I will look for a replacement.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #469 (isolation #33) » Wed May 28, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Vote Count:

2 – Andycyca – (Lloyd, JDodge)
2 – eljcko – (Alabaska J, SlySly)
1 – Alabaska J – (Andycyca)

6 Alive, 4 to Lynch
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #474 (isolation #34) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

JDodge, if you don't want to play, you can ask for a replacement.

I'll be setting a deadline soon. It will probably be a rather short one, since this day has been going on for quite a while.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #477 (isolation #35) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Vote Count:

2 – Andycyca – (Lloyd, JDodge)
2 – JDodge – (Alabaska J, SlySly)

6 Alive, 4 to Lynch
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #495 (isolation #36) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:49 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Vote Count:

2 – eljcko – (SlySly, Alabaska J)
1 – Alabaska J – (JDodge)
1 – JDodge – (Lloyd)

6 Alive, 4 to Lynch

I can't answer that question, JDodge.

Deadline set for 12:00 PM PDT on Saturday, June 14th.
Last edited by Sarcastro on Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #503 (isolation #37) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:31 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Day End Vote Count:

3 – eljcko – (SlySly, Alabaska J, Andycyca)
1 – Alabaska J – (JDodge)
1 – Andycyca – (Lloyd)

Eljcko is lynched.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #504 (isolation #38) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:48 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Dead Men Tell Tales

After another stressful few hours, you finally choose another victim. He protests, of course, but his protests are weak. He seems tired. Like he's not himself. You kill him anyway. You're bloodthirsty like that.

After he dies, you have no time to figure out who he is. Someone else in the room immediately starts swearing. Lightning shoots out of nowhere. You recognise the voice now! It's Psycho Mantis! But he's dead!

"God dammit, you
morons
! I'll kill you! I will kill you and I will piss on your charred corpses!" He fires more lightning at you.

"How are you still alive?" One of you asks as you run for cover. "We thought you were dead!"

"What? Oh, that was Frank, that guard nobody liked. He was wearing my spare outfit."

"Huh. I never knew he was into that sort of thing."

"Oh,
shut up
, all of you. This is why I wanted to kill you all in the first place." He fires more lightning.

"So why did you reveal yourself? Who did we just kill?"

"You killed Raven, you morons. I had him mind-controlled. After I had to fake my own death..." He was silenced by a hail of gunfire from all angles. He fell down.

There was silence for a few moments. "So I guess Solid Snake never infiltrated Foxhound after all. It was just Psycho Mantis trying to kill us."

"So we're safe?"

Mantis's body stirred. "Ha. That's what
you
think..."

"Well not any more, it isn't!"

"Oh. Well fuck." He promptly died.

eljcko (Vulcan Raven, Mafia) has been lynched.
hasdgfas (Psycho Mantis, Mafia) has been killed. For real, this time.

Please submit your night choices as soon as possible.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #505 (isolation #39) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Scene up later.

Alabaska J (Naomi Hunter, Innocent) has been beaten to death.

Four alive, three to lynch.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #517 (isolation #40) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:43 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that this game here is only
mostly
dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive.

I have finally found a replacement for Andycyca. Given that there are only four people alive, I believe that this game can still be saved. Prods will be going out as soon as the replacement is official.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #518 (isolation #41) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

All right. Skruffs replaces Andycyca, effective immediately. Prods will be going out to all three other players. I'm not going to set a deadline as long as I see that everyone is willing to commit to finishing this game.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #525 (isolation #42) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Well, apparently this game can't be saved after all. SlySly appears to have left the site and JDodge has declared that despite having absolutely no legitimate reason for not fulfilling his obligation to complete the game, he just doesn't want to play anymore.

Searching for replacements at this point would be a lost cause, and even if I could get them, it would mean that three of the four players were replacements found today. So in light of all this, I've decided to simply modkill JDodge and SlySly. I'm sorry the game had to end this way. I hope that at least some of you had some fun along the way.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #526 (isolation #43) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Sarcastro »

A scene will be posted later.

JDodge (Big Boss, Serial Killer) is dead.

SlySly (Eddie, Innocent) is dead.

Skruffs (Revolver Ocelot, Survivor) wins!

The Town, including Lloyd (The Sorrow, Innocent), wins!

Game Over!
Last edited by Sarcastro on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #533 (isolation #44) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Player: Super God King
Role Name: Big Boss
Alignment: Serial Killer
Flavour Text: You’re Big Boss, the greatest soldier who ever lived. Or, more, exactly, his ghost. If Solid Snake’s around, you’re not going to take any chances. You don’t have much faith in your “son” Liquid Snake, but you need him to get out of this alive, so you’re going to be taking possession of his body for now. And you’re going to make sure that Solid Snake and any other threats to Liquid’s safety are eliminated. In fact, you might as well just go all out and kill everyone.
Abilities: Each night, you may send me the name of someone to kill and specify whether you will be using a gun or physical force. Fortunately for you, Liquid is incredibly resilient. As in, he can be eviscerated by a katana and survive. All you need to do is verbally abuse him a bit, and he’ll walk away from just about anything. The first time you would normally have been killed during the game by any method (including lynching), you will survive.
Safe Claim: Liquid Snake
Win Condition: You win when only you remain, or it is inevitable that this will occur.

Mod Note: Appears to be Liquid Snake.

Player: Andycyca
Role Name: Revolver Ocelot
Alignment: Survivor
Flavour Text: You’re Revolver Ocelot, Foxhound’s gun-slinging Russian cowboy. You suffer from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder, however, and you don’t give a rat’s ass about any of the other people in your unit. Your loyalties are much higher up, and all that’s important is that you get out of this alive, no matter whom you have to stab in the back to do so.
Abilities: You’re incredibly badass, and constantly one step ahead of everyone else. You’re also difficult to kill and the best shot in the world with a revolver. Each night, you will receive a list of people who targeted you (but not their actions). Once during the game you may block someone who targeted you and kill them.
Win Condition: You win when another faction has fulfilled its win condition and you are still alive.

Player: hasdgfas
Role Name: Psycho Mantis
Alignment: Mafia
Flavour Text: You’re Psycho Mantis, Foxhound’s resident psychopathic, misogynistic, coffee-loving psychic. And you hate everyone. You’ve finally snapped, so now you’ve concocted a plan to kill all these stupid fuckers. You’ve managed to shut down the power and trick everyone into thinking that Solid Snake has infiltrated the compound. You then mind-controlled the first person you saw: Vulcan Raven (???). Now you’re going to kill everyone.
Abilities: Each night, you may send me the name of someone to kill and specify whether you or Raven will be making the kill and whether it will be through physical force or shooting (remember that you’re framing Solid Snake). Also, you can read minds, so you’re going to be able to identify people even in the dark. Each night, you may send me the name of one player. I will then send you back that player’s rolename. Your psychic powers allow you to communicate with your partner at any time, as long as he is still alive. In addition, your abilities will let you know if people plan to kill you, allowing you to set up a decoy. If you “die”, you will continue to be able to talk to your team-mate and use your night ability. However, you will still need Raven to be alive to win.
Safe Claim: Psycho Mantis. What? They think Solid Snake is the one trying to kill them.
Win Condition: You win when only members of the Mafia remain, or it is inevitable that this will occur.

Player: eljcko
Role Name: Vulcan Raven
Alignment: Mafia
Flavour Text: You’re Vulcan Raven, Foxhound’s overcompensating Inuit shaman. Unfortunately for you, none of your personality actually matters much, because you’ve been mind-controlled by Psycho Mantis (???).
Abilities: You’re a pretty big guy, so if you focus on one person, you’ll probably be able to restrain them from doing anything. Each night you may send me the name of one person. That person will not be able to perform any actions that night. Mantis’ psychic powers allow the two of you to communicate at any time, as long as you are still alive.
Safe Claim: Vulcan Raven. What? They think Solid Snake is the one trying to kill them.
Win Condition: You win when only members of the Mafia remain, or it is inevitable that this will occur.

Mod Note: Cannot block Big Boss’s or Ocelot’s passive abilities (but can block Ocelot from block-killing) or Octopus’s ability.

Player: Korts
Role Name: Decoy Octopus
Alignment: Pro-Town
Flavour Text: You’re Decoy Octopus, Foxhound’s master of disguise. Using a combination of blood and make-up in some ambiguous way, you’re able to become a perfect duplicate of anyone in the world.
Abilities: Your disguise abilities aren’t especially useful in combat, but assuming the appearance of someone else still has its uses. Each night, you may send me the name of one other player. Any actions targeting that player will be targeted at you instead.
Win Condition: You win when all anti-town players are dead, and at least one pro-town player is alive.

Mod Note: Cannot be blocked, and is not seen by Ocelot. Is still seen to be Octopus by Mantis and Eddie.

Player: mikeburnfire
Role Name: Sniper Wolf
Flavour Text: You’re Sniper Wolf, Foxhound’s sexy Kurdish sniper. You’re the best shot in the world with a sniper rifle, and your dedication to the art of sniping is unmatched.
Abilities: Though you’re the best sniper in the world, you tend to take a ridiculously long time to set-up a shot. Each night, you may set up a shot on a specific player. Each night, in addition to setting up your next shot, you may shoot the player you set up to shoot the night before. You never have to shoot, however.
Win Condition: You win when all anti-town players are dead, and at least one pro-town player is alive.

Player: lovo14
Role Name: Roy Campbell
Flavour Text: You’re Roy Campbell, the colonel in charge of Foxhound. You’re not the brightest bulb in the drawer, but you’re loyal to your unit.
Abilities: You’re pretty much useless.

Player: ryan
Role Name: Naomi Hunter
Flavour Text: You’re Naomi Hunter, Foxhound’s doctor. You’re actually a geneticist, not a medical doctor, but you seem to have at least some medical skills. Besides your tendency to want to kill Liquid Snake for what he did to your “brother”, you’re mostly a team player. Well, except for that whole “FOXDIE” thing. But let’s not get into that.
Abilities: You may be a geneticist, but apparently having the word “Doctor” in front of your name automatically makes you qualify to heal people. Each night, you may send me the name of one person to protect from dying.

Player: UltimaAvalon
Role Name: Berthold
Flavour Text: You’re Berthold, Sniper Wolf’s pet wolf. You’re secretly sapient, however, and are capable of psychically talking to people. Though you’re only really loyal to Wolf, you’re still willing to help protect the team from Solid Snake.
Abilities: You can decide exactly who hears your “words”, allowing you to talk to people without anyone else knowing. Each night, you may send me the name of a player and a message for that player. I will pass that message onto the player.

Player: ooba
Role Name: Scratch
Flavour Text: You’re Scratch, some computer hacker guy who works for Foxhound. Nobody really cares about you. Like, at all.
Abilities: Unlike the actual Foxhound operatives, you don’t really have any useful skills.

Player: SlySly
Role Name: Eddie
Flavour Text: You’re Eddie, some computer hacker guy who works for Foxhound. You have some mild psychic abilities as well, but are otherwise unremarkable.
Abilities: Your psychic abilities are nothing special, but you’re pretty sure that if you concentrate enough, you’ll be able to get a good read on someone. One night during the game you may send me a name. I will give you that player’s alignment.

Player: Lloyd
Role Name: The Sorrow
Flavour Text: You’re The Sorrow, and you’re not really part of Foxhound at all. You were a Soviet soldier decades ago, but now you’re a ghost, and you’ve basically just been hanging out with Foxhound for a while.
Abilities: You have the rather unique ability to look into peoples’ pasts/minds/something, as you’ve demonstrated to both Big Boss and Liquid Snake. One night during the game you may send me the name of a player. I will send you a list of every person that player has targeted over the course of the game in order of most to least recent, including repeats.

There are probably some other things that should be mod notes that only actually existed inside my head. Because the roles were so complicated, I spent a lot of time making sure the order of actions made sense. I'll list the actions once I dig them up (and if anybody actually cares).

To Hasdgfas and everybody else who thinks this game didn't go well: you're right, it didn't. I'm not sure how much of it was my fault and how much was the fault of those players who simply didn't put in the required amount of effort, but I'm open to any criticism so long as it's constructive. I realise that I could have been better with prods, for one thing, but once you have to prod the same people several times, it gets to feel a little like babysitting irresponsible players, and that gets old fast.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #535 (isolation #45) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

hasdgfas wrote:What I've decided to do with prods in my game is give them a certain number they're allowed per day and max allowed for the whole game (I think 3/5 was what I chose). It tells people what you expect for activity and
doesn't
shouldn't get them mad at you for getting replaced when they knew how much they needed to post.
This is definitely a good idea, and normally I would have followed something like this (at least informally). The only problem is that it was very difficult to find replacements at all, and replacing people who were responding to prods just didn't seem feasible.

Considering my last game also had problems with inactivity, I'm going to have to figure out how to address it before starting another game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”