Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Well, apparently this game can't be saved after all. SlySly appears to have left the site and JDodge has declared that despite having absolutely no legitimate reason for not fulfilling his obligation to complete the game, he just doesn't want to play anymore.

Searching for replacements at this point would be a lost cause, and even if I could get them, it would mean that three of the four players were replacements found today. So in light of all this, I've decided to simply modkill JDodge and SlySly. I'm sorry the game had to end this way. I hope that at least some of you had some fun along the way.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Sarcastro »

A scene will be posted later.

JDodge (Big Boss, Serial Killer) is dead.

SlySly (Eddie, Innocent) is dead.

Skruffs (Revolver Ocelot, Survivor) wins!

The Town, including Lloyd (The Sorrow, Innocent), wins!

Game Over!
Last edited by Sarcastro on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Alabaska J »

that's a shame. oh well.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Korts »

Well, at least it's a town win...
scumchat never die
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:27 am

Post by hasdgfas »

As a scum whose partner was an idiot(even though I could day and night talk to him), I really think that this game was a disaster for just about everyone.

Can we get everyone's abilities? (as I assume they had some, since I did and it wasn't revealed)

I would guess JD killed me night 1, but did anyone think I was actually scum Day 1? I'm curious.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Korts »

I was practically a bodyguard. I protected Eljcko night 1 and took the fall for him.
scumchat never die
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:58 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yay I ween

I was a survivor who was notified of anyone who targetted him and had a one shot ability to roleblock and vig a person who targetted him in that same night. I used it on Eljko. :)
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:06 am

Post by hasdgfas »

I was a rolename cop and could talk to eljcko at any time, even after I "died" once.
I wanted elj to claim that the day he got lynched, but he never showed up and made me angry.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Player: Super God King
Role Name: Big Boss
Alignment: Serial Killer
Flavour Text: You’re Big Boss, the greatest soldier who ever lived. Or, more, exactly, his ghost. If Solid Snake’s around, you’re not going to take any chances. You don’t have much faith in your “son” Liquid Snake, but you need him to get out of this alive, so you’re going to be taking possession of his body for now. And you’re going to make sure that Solid Snake and any other threats to Liquid’s safety are eliminated. In fact, you might as well just go all out and kill everyone.
Abilities: Each night, you may send me the name of someone to kill and specify whether you will be using a gun or physical force. Fortunately for you, Liquid is incredibly resilient. As in, he can be eviscerated by a katana and survive. All you need to do is verbally abuse him a bit, and he’ll walk away from just about anything. The first time you would normally have been killed during the game by any method (including lynching), you will survive.
Safe Claim: Liquid Snake
Win Condition: You win when only you remain, or it is inevitable that this will occur.

Mod Note: Appears to be Liquid Snake.

Player: Andycyca
Role Name: Revolver Ocelot
Alignment: Survivor
Flavour Text: You’re Revolver Ocelot, Foxhound’s gun-slinging Russian cowboy. You suffer from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder, however, and you don’t give a rat’s ass about any of the other people in your unit. Your loyalties are much higher up, and all that’s important is that you get out of this alive, no matter whom you have to stab in the back to do so.
Abilities: You’re incredibly badass, and constantly one step ahead of everyone else. You’re also difficult to kill and the best shot in the world with a revolver. Each night, you will receive a list of people who targeted you (but not their actions). Once during the game you may block someone who targeted you and kill them.
Win Condition: You win when another faction has fulfilled its win condition and you are still alive.

Player: hasdgfas
Role Name: Psycho Mantis
Alignment: Mafia
Flavour Text: You’re Psycho Mantis, Foxhound’s resident psychopathic, misogynistic, coffee-loving psychic. And you hate everyone. You’ve finally snapped, so now you’ve concocted a plan to kill all these stupid fuckers. You’ve managed to shut down the power and trick everyone into thinking that Solid Snake has infiltrated the compound. You then mind-controlled the first person you saw: Vulcan Raven (???). Now you’re going to kill everyone.
Abilities: Each night, you may send me the name of someone to kill and specify whether you or Raven will be making the kill and whether it will be through physical force or shooting (remember that you’re framing Solid Snake). Also, you can read minds, so you’re going to be able to identify people even in the dark. Each night, you may send me the name of one player. I will then send you back that player’s rolename. Your psychic powers allow you to communicate with your partner at any time, as long as he is still alive. In addition, your abilities will let you know if people plan to kill you, allowing you to set up a decoy. If you “die”, you will continue to be able to talk to your team-mate and use your night ability. However, you will still need Raven to be alive to win.
Safe Claim: Psycho Mantis. What? They think Solid Snake is the one trying to kill them.
Win Condition: You win when only members of the Mafia remain, or it is inevitable that this will occur.

Player: eljcko
Role Name: Vulcan Raven
Alignment: Mafia
Flavour Text: You’re Vulcan Raven, Foxhound’s overcompensating Inuit shaman. Unfortunately for you, none of your personality actually matters much, because you’ve been mind-controlled by Psycho Mantis (???).
Abilities: You’re a pretty big guy, so if you focus on one person, you’ll probably be able to restrain them from doing anything. Each night you may send me the name of one person. That person will not be able to perform any actions that night. Mantis’ psychic powers allow the two of you to communicate at any time, as long as you are still alive.
Safe Claim: Vulcan Raven. What? They think Solid Snake is the one trying to kill them.
Win Condition: You win when only members of the Mafia remain, or it is inevitable that this will occur.

Mod Note: Cannot block Big Boss’s or Ocelot’s passive abilities (but can block Ocelot from block-killing) or Octopus’s ability.

Player: Korts
Role Name: Decoy Octopus
Alignment: Pro-Town
Flavour Text: You’re Decoy Octopus, Foxhound’s master of disguise. Using a combination of blood and make-up in some ambiguous way, you’re able to become a perfect duplicate of anyone in the world.
Abilities: Your disguise abilities aren’t especially useful in combat, but assuming the appearance of someone else still has its uses. Each night, you may send me the name of one other player. Any actions targeting that player will be targeted at you instead.
Win Condition: You win when all anti-town players are dead, and at least one pro-town player is alive.

Mod Note: Cannot be blocked, and is not seen by Ocelot. Is still seen to be Octopus by Mantis and Eddie.

Player: mikeburnfire
Role Name: Sniper Wolf
Flavour Text: You’re Sniper Wolf, Foxhound’s sexy Kurdish sniper. You’re the best shot in the world with a sniper rifle, and your dedication to the art of sniping is unmatched.
Abilities: Though you’re the best sniper in the world, you tend to take a ridiculously long time to set-up a shot. Each night, you may set up a shot on a specific player. Each night, in addition to setting up your next shot, you may shoot the player you set up to shoot the night before. You never have to shoot, however.
Win Condition: You win when all anti-town players are dead, and at least one pro-town player is alive.

Player: lovo14
Role Name: Roy Campbell
Flavour Text: You’re Roy Campbell, the colonel in charge of Foxhound. You’re not the brightest bulb in the drawer, but you’re loyal to your unit.
Abilities: You’re pretty much useless.

Player: ryan
Role Name: Naomi Hunter
Flavour Text: You’re Naomi Hunter, Foxhound’s doctor. You’re actually a geneticist, not a medical doctor, but you seem to have at least some medical skills. Besides your tendency to want to kill Liquid Snake for what he did to your “brother”, you’re mostly a team player. Well, except for that whole “FOXDIE” thing. But let’s not get into that.
Abilities: You may be a geneticist, but apparently having the word “Doctor” in front of your name automatically makes you qualify to heal people. Each night, you may send me the name of one person to protect from dying.

Player: UltimaAvalon
Role Name: Berthold
Flavour Text: You’re Berthold, Sniper Wolf’s pet wolf. You’re secretly sapient, however, and are capable of psychically talking to people. Though you’re only really loyal to Wolf, you’re still willing to help protect the team from Solid Snake.
Abilities: You can decide exactly who hears your “words”, allowing you to talk to people without anyone else knowing. Each night, you may send me the name of a player and a message for that player. I will pass that message onto the player.

Player: ooba
Role Name: Scratch
Flavour Text: You’re Scratch, some computer hacker guy who works for Foxhound. Nobody really cares about you. Like, at all.
Abilities: Unlike the actual Foxhound operatives, you don’t really have any useful skills.

Player: SlySly
Role Name: Eddie
Flavour Text: You’re Eddie, some computer hacker guy who works for Foxhound. You have some mild psychic abilities as well, but are otherwise unremarkable.
Abilities: Your psychic abilities are nothing special, but you’re pretty sure that if you concentrate enough, you’ll be able to get a good read on someone. One night during the game you may send me a name. I will give you that player’s alignment.

Player: Lloyd
Role Name: The Sorrow
Flavour Text: You’re The Sorrow, and you’re not really part of Foxhound at all. You were a Soviet soldier decades ago, but now you’re a ghost, and you’ve basically just been hanging out with Foxhound for a while.
Abilities: You have the rather unique ability to look into peoples’ pasts/minds/something, as you’ve demonstrated to both Big Boss and Liquid Snake. One night during the game you may send me the name of a player. I will send you a list of every person that player has targeted over the course of the game in order of most to least recent, including repeats.

There are probably some other things that should be mod notes that only actually existed inside my head. Because the roles were so complicated, I spent a lot of time making sure the order of actions made sense. I'll list the actions once I dig them up (and if anybody actually cares).

To Hasdgfas and everybody else who thinks this game didn't go well: you're right, it didn't. I'm not sure how much of it was my fault and how much was the fault of those players who simply didn't put in the required amount of effort, but I'm open to any criticism so long as it's constructive. I realise that I could have been better with prods, for one thing, but once you have to prod the same people several times, it gets to feel a little like babysitting irresponsible players, and that gets old fast.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

What I've decided to do with prods in my game is give them a certain number they're allowed per day and max allowed for the whole game (I think 3/5 was what I chose). It tells people what you expect for activity and
doesn't
shouldn't get them mad at you for getting replaced when they knew how much they needed to post.

Also, actually having a deadline would have been nice. 2 month days without a whole lot of activity are no fun. BTW, sarc, I don't think it's just your fault, because most people just weren't posting. It really ticked me off because I died night 1 and therefore wasn't able to be part of the solution to the inactivity. Anyway, I'm glad it is actually finished, even if I think it was a cheap win for the town.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

hasdgfas wrote:What I've decided to do with prods in my game is give them a certain number they're allowed per day and max allowed for the whole game (I think 3/5 was what I chose). It tells people what you expect for activity and
doesn't
shouldn't get them mad at you for getting replaced when they knew how much they needed to post.
This is definitely a good idea, and normally I would have followed something like this (at least informally). The only problem is that it was very difficult to find replacements at all, and replacing people who were responding to prods just didn't seem feasible.

Considering my last game also had problems with inactivity, I'm going to have to figure out how to address it before starting another game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”