Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7801 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:43 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 7794, MathBlade wrote:
In post 7790, Alisae wrote:I don't think that sounds like a happy Mathblade ;~;
Drop me some reads love.

Pedit Davesaz later. I was just checking in the AM.
I want to see Vecna pressure. Based on how no one is pressuring Vecna even though ABR was really confident in Vecna scum and Vecna confident in ABR scum I want to see that.
So Vecna top scumread.
The fuck is this.

If youre gonna keep this up math we're gonna get rid of you.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7802 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 7734, Nero Cain wrote:just for the record you are scumreading Nancy?
No, some of you just assumed I was. I wouldn't be surprised if that slot was scum though. I pretty much just ran down the playerlist and left my immediate impression of each slot.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7803 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:53 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 7753, Vecna wrote:So if ur town, stop baiting the lynch
I haven't been baiting any lynch. I don't have the luxury of having the proper foundation to push my reads through, but that doesn't mean I'm not trying. Stop assuming that just because people don't play like you or post like crazy that they aren't trying. This isn't even my natural playstyle anyway.

I voted Albert because Math caught him in a lie and I thought he was trying to bait a PR to claim. I also thought his demeanor when he came back felt a little off.

I'm voting Kyouko because I've already tried lynching all my stronger scumreads, each of which currently has too much resistance to go through (and I could be wrong on them anyway). What's your read on Kyouko?

I'm also not fond of you relying on meta to hard townread people and discounting the fact that people do improve. It's not like Jaereed didn't already admit to being coached this game.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7804 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:55 am

Post by Vecna »

Math was so certain i was bussing abr. So certain they claimed i was town for sure if abr was town.

And now im suddenly scum out of the blue because i "need pressure"?

Also, why me of all the abr scumreads eh?

My patience for this kind of nonsense has pretty much ran its course.

If sondam flips scum, math is gonna be the automatic autolynch the next day
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7805 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 7760, Vecna wrote:
In post 7662, Alisae wrote:LUV talk to me about the scum motivation behind Drixx saying he was going to go for pryamids super early on.
Ive already done this, its rather simple.

You wifom it as a reason youre not getting nightkilled. Pretend you picked it, but then just state you didnt get it. Maybe even pick a GF wonder later and make tow waste investigatives.

People claim scum couldn't do it because it invites investigatives. This reasoning is nonsensical.
My predecessor failed to build the pyramids, which both he and I claimed on Day 2. It's not something that could have been faked unless you think PV is scum (or if you think my slot was banking on someone else to poach it from him).
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7806 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:57 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 7803, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 7753, Vecna wrote:So if ur town, stop baiting the lynch
I haven't been baiting any lynch. I don't have the luxury of having the proper foundation to push my reads through, but that doesn't mean I'm not trying. Stop assuming that just because people don't play like you or post like crazy that they aren't trying. This isn't even my natural playstyle anyway.

I voted Albert because Math caught him in a lie and I thought he was trying to bait a PR to claim. I also thought his demeanor when he came back felt a little off.

I'm voting Kyouko because I've already tried lynching all my stronger scumreads, each of which currently has too much resistance to go through (and I could be wrong on them anyway). What's your read on Kyouko?

I'm also not fond of you relying on meta to hard townread people and discounting the fact that people do improve. It's not like Jaereed didn't already admit to being coached this game.
Do people improve lightyears if the game im basing it ob literally ended within a week of this game starting? Because im guessing youre referring to luv here.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7807 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:59 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I was referring to Jaereed.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7808 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:01 am

Post by Brian Skies »

But if the game you're basing your read on ended before this game began, what's to say he didn't just decide to try something new and he's making a huge leap here? Your meta reliance doesn't make sense to me, but to each his own.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7809 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:09 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I don't like Math's vote. Voting Vecna just because of the argument he had with Albert is pretty shady.
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7810 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:48 am

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 7754, Vecna wrote:Great few posts here, you were right when u said that you can be obvtown when you want to.

Talk to me about the sondam slot.
Actually wasn't focusing on obvtowning there, just wanted the bad wagons gone. I don't really know how I obvtown, but yeah scum will have to out their team to get me lynched. It's my one source of pride as town that I've only been mislynched twice, and both times were as a newbie, once with 4/6 scum on my wagon, and the other with scum!RC hard tunneling me.

Neither head of Sondam has dropped the scumtell I have on them. It's not impossible for them to be playing a coasting scumgame but they both like scum way more than town so I doubt it, and I actually expect both of them to tryhard as scum which doesn't appear to be the case here. I've been wrong on that kind of read before though (specifically on Nahdia) so take it with a grain of salt.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #7811 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:58 am

Post by Elbirn »

This is a prod dodge
My not replacing out is an affront to the lord
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7812 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:32 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 7780, Vecna wrote:
In post 7775, Leonshade wrote:
In post 7771, Vecna wrote:
In post 7739, Nero Cain wrote:excuse me if I don't trust the reads of someone that has been on both mislynches.

Also I find it hard to believe that a town Math is so dejected that she's goinf to play from the sidelines.
I'll agree to this.
I've seen dejected Math before, I can believe their play here.
In post 7772, Vecna wrote:
In post 7749, Leonshade wrote:Senpai is town as fuck for , single-handedly course-correcting the game state.
Do you still feel the same knowing that its based on outdated meta that no longer applies?
I think the only reason for Senpai to do what they did is if Creature is buddies with them. A generally easy to TR Creature getting wagoned only benefits scum, and Notice went in hard on defending Creature. I don't think the potential towncred would be a worthy trade-off for stopping the wagon on Creature. I also TR Creature and LUV and agree that the two of them being the top wagons was horrible. Notice went out of their way to change the direction of the game away from a direction I loathed, going against a universal TR's reads in the process. I don't see any reason for scum to do any of the above except to defend their buddy, and I don't see Creature as scum here.

Whether or not the meta is accurate is irrelevant for my TR on Senpai.
Oh yes, if im correct here it pretty much means the scumteam is alisae + notice + creature.

For now we can work off the assumption that they wouldnt be that obvious, but you never know.

Will be ingerested in seeing what people have to say a out the meta stuff in tone/playstyle that i noted from notice
If that's the scumteam then I've been snowed hard. Ali and Creature are my two top TRs and I just explained Notice. I just can't see that team being the case here, I would especially not expect to be able to read neither Ali nor Creature here.

Don't have any scum meta with Notice and I don't feel confident discussing the tone and playstyle things you brought up. Though I think if your first assumption is masterful scum performance, especially from a player that isn't known for that AFAIK, it's more likely that your assumption is wrong and they're just town.
In post 7781, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 7775, Leonshade wrote:I've seen dejected Math before,
but was it
TOWN
dejected Math?
Never played with scum Math, but I wouldn't have said that there anyway, were I not referring to town Math.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7813 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:46 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 7787, Creature wrote:I'm the kind of person that thinks someone usually active being lurky means scum but doesn't think that someone usually lurky being active means scum.
Pretty much, I don't see the uptick in activity from Dave as scummy.
In post 7802, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 7734, Nero Cain wrote:just for the record you are scumreading Nancy?
No, some of you just assumed I was. I wouldn't be surprised if that slot was scum though. I pretty much just ran down the playerlist and left my immediate impression of each slot.
An assumption made because you were unclear.
In post 7808, Brian Skies wrote:But if the game you're basing your read on ended before this game began, what's to say he didn't just decide to try something new and he's making a huge leap here?
Your meta reliance doesn't make sense to me, but to each his own
Why does the bolded ping me so hard? It's like simultaneously discrediting Vecna's read while trying to be non-committal about it.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7814 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:02 am

Post by nancy »

In post 7748, Maxous wrote:Nancy's VCA concludes she needs to push the guy that wasn't on either mislynch.
Scum actually tend to shy away from mislynches.

In post 7756, Vecna wrote:Oh btw people, DO DISREGARD THESE LINKS.

They're outdated and no longer reflect creatures new scumplay. this was already brought up.

He upgraded his scumplay in the last few months which will be evident if you look at his newer scumgames.

Im not sure what allignment creature is this game. I think hes town but am still not completely 100%;locked on this fact.
Link me to games that reflect his new scumplay?

In post 7755, Leonshade wrote:
@nancy:
What made your TR on me change?
I haven't really ever been TRing you and posts like 7766 are why.

In post 7777, Vecna wrote:NoticeMeSenpai might be pulling off a masterclass level acumgame here btw.

Id like some comments from other about his tone thia game. I read a binch of games where hes the goofy friendly likeable sounding guy.

Here its mostly semi-cocky, authoritative and very certain about everything. There does t appear to be any doubt.

Im moving the slot out of my townlocks again due to the meta threads i read from jeareed. Maybe this mastina is getting involved after all and is helping the slot pull a nice blanket over our eyes.

Also the thing they say that our playstyles bounce hard is strange. Since id say their tone this game is rather similair to my style.

Id like some other opinions on this matter, especially from those having played with the slot before.
The attitude likely comes out more with Mastina around, but they're also just like that. They usually don't express it openly. It could be indicative of scum!Notice, I'd have to do meta on their scumgame to see, but I wouldn't lynch them any time soon regardless. I'm not feeling overly paranoid about that slot, even though their refusal to digest strong reads doesn't add up to me in any way whatsoever with the town!Notice I know. They do have a set of towntells that I am pretty familiar with though, and I'll recognize them when I see them.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7815 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:04 am

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 7756, Vecna wrote:
In post 7593, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:This is Creature's scum game. Then take a look at this for a scum game where he stuck around.

There's a reason a handful of us are defending him. The confidence in his townieness is especially a point that I want noted.

Creature isn't just taking the easy road on the reads or he'd have LUV as lynchable. He doesn't. This is his usual PoE based on who he's townreading. What is it you like to say? You're scumreading someone because they have a playstyle you don't like. You're refusing to acknowledge that other people may just have a point when they say he's not scum and provide you with reasons based off experience with the player. That, my love, is a sign of a tunnel.

Like, you can ignore me on Maxous all you like. You can wagon Kyouko because he does need to post more and pressure might help with that. You can wagon me. You will
not
be mislynching Creature this game. Because I will literally vote anyone that's not a townread that I think can get traction to derail this shit.

VOTE: Maxous
Stand by for more on this, but add his attempts to buddy/defend me to the record of things from him that make me uncomfortable.

Creature just is not scum. LUV is not scum. The current leading wagons are fucking trash.

pedit: you definitely do, babe. It's fine tho since I do too :P
Oh btw people, DO DISREGARD THESE LINKS.

They're outdated and no longer reflect creatures new scumplay. this was already brought up.

He upgraded his scumplay in the last few months which will be evident if you look at his newer scumgames.

Im not sure what allignment creature is this game. I think hes town but am still not completely 100%;locked on this fact.
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=67827&user_select%5B%5D=27374

So I entertained this a little and went looking for a more recent scum game. Wake's massive role madness still fits everything I said.

He has made an effort to improve his scumplay but he's not there yet. It's just not as easy as you seem to think it is.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7816 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 7813, Leonshade wrote:An assumption made because you were unclear.
Yes, and it was intentional.
In post 7813, Leonshade wrote:It's like simultaneously discrediting Vecna's read
while trying to be non-committal about it.
I did the same thing yesterday. Also, I have a townread on Vecna.

I know you're scumreading Kyouko. Join me.
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7817 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:54 am

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 7758, Vecna wrote:
In post 7659, Alisae wrote:nancy, I'm going to give you 2 more recent games to go meta Elbrin with, because last time I checked Elbrin hasn't played since bloodborne and honestly the way I see it, more recent meta is better, right?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69654
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=69290 (Oh god it's my first game on site how embarassing)

Hmmmmm, the most important tbing in this is actually the meta on jaereed. Hia townplay in one of those links is completely completely different from what were seeing this game.

How come you havent talked about that at all ali?
In post 7777, Vecna wrote:NoticeMeSenpai might be pulling off a masterclass level acumgame here btw.

Id like some comments from other about his tone thia game. I read a binch of games where hes the goofy friendly likeable sounding guy.

Here its mostly semi-cocky, authoritative and very certain about everything. There does t appear to be any doubt.

Im moving the slot out of my townlocks again due to the meta threads i read from jeareed. Maybe this mastina is getting involved after all and is helping the slot pull a nice blanket over our eyes.

Also the thing they say that our playstyles bounce hard is strange. Since id say their tone this game is rather similair to my style.

Id like some other opinions on this matter, especially from those having played with the slot before.
Ali hasn't had an issue with this because 1) Alibae has hydra'd with me before where people have pulled this line of reasoning, and we were town. 2) Alibae knows how much this line of reasoning pisses me off when people don't have a full idea of my meta. 3) Alibae knows for a fact I have a wider range as town than the handful of games he has seen me in.

You're comparing a newbie game where I was thinking that I wanted to be looking at IC'ing soonish. I try to be gentler on newbs. You'll also note somewhere in that game I basically told Tywin to fuck off because I hit the end of my patience despite it being a newbie game, and he almost replaced out because of it. I'm definitely not likeable lol.

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=70181 Here, I was Chihiro head. Cocky and aggressive. I flipped my shit because people kept on this stupid ass meta shit without knowing my full range.
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=68000 A game where I got disconnected partway through.
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=67472 Another game where I was cocky.

And nope, I hate egotistical aggressive playstyles, they grate on me. I'm fully aware that I'm that way, but that doesn't mean I like the playstyle any more just because I tend towards it lately.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7818 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Vecna beat me to it but yes Math's vote is garbage.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7819 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 7789, MathBlade wrote:2) Yesterday I just went through interview insanity of speed interviews.
3) Today is followups.
4) Open 665 is a dejected scum game where I got mod confirmed as scum.
5) I figured someone who is actually reading the thread should have more say.
6) I am not dejected just fucking busy.
As far as I know no one was hounding you for being inactive so I'm not sure why you are making a stink about that?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7820 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by Maxous »

Nancy, if your VCA basis is looking for the players who were NOT voting the confirmed town then I don't exactly trust any of the conclusions
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7821 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by nancy »

"confirmed town"

Right. And no, it isn't.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7822 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by nancy »

You don't get to know how I do VCA, sorry. The results will speak for themselves.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7823 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by Maxous »

Your scumreads are me and Leon.
They have certainly spoken.
Whatever, not gonna argue this into the ground.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7824 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 7814, nancy wrote:
In post 7748, Maxous wrote:Nancy's VCA concludes she needs to push the guy that wasn't on either mislynch.
Scum actually tend to shy away from mislynches.
For accuracy sake -- you can
usually
find scum both on and off the average mislynch. Sometimes all on, sometimes all off, but usually a mix.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”