Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Civilization Mafia [GAME OVER]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:41 am

Post by Nahdia »

Player List
:

Alisae
who replaced Akane and Nebby (Alisae & Malachite)

Fro99er
Nero Cain
Kid Amn
who replaced Yuri***

beeboy
MathBlade
who replaced The DEO (Titus & MathBlade)

Leonshade
Gorkington*
who replaced TheRealGin-N-Tonic, who replaced Elbirn*

Creature
RadiantCowbells
who Brian Skies* who replaced Drixx

Caesar Wills It*** (
Aeronaut
& Pine)
who replaced Julius Caesar (Aeronaut & Pine)

Lil Uzi Vert*
Vecna
CommKnight
who replaced CloudKicker, who replaced ssbm_Kyouko**

davesaz*
who replaced ooba*

Maxous
PeregrineV**
Sondam (MariaR & gerryoat)
NoticeMeSenpai (JaeReed & mastina)*
Albert B. Rampage*
ThinkBig
who replaced nancy, who replaced Spiffeh

* denotes a prod.

Living (5)
:
Spoiler:
Gorkington,
Barbarian [Forbidden Palace]
, victorious.
RadiantCowbells,
Barbarian [Ruhr Valley]
, victorious.
Caesar Wills It,
Barbarian [Leaning Tower]
, victorious.
CommKnight,
Barbarian [The Great Lighthouse]
, victorious.
NoticeMeSenpai,
Barbarian [The Parthenon]
, victorious.

Dead (16)
:
Spoiler:
beeboy,
Civilization [No Wonder]
, lynched day 1.
Fro99er,
Civilization [No Wonder]
, killed night 1.
Albert B. Rampage,
Civilization [Statue of Zeus]
, lynched day 2.
PeregrineV, ?????? [??????], killed & treestumped night 2.
Sondam,
Civilization [Petra]
, lynched day 3.
KidAmn,
Civilization [No Wonder]
, lynched day 4.
Maxous,
Civilization [Hanging Gardens]
, killed night 4.
Nero Cain,
Civilization [No Wonder]
, lynched day 5.
davesaz,
Civilization [Chichen Itza]
, killed night 5
Lil Uzi Vert,
Civilization [No Wonder]
, lynched day 6.
Alisae,
Civilization [Mausoleum of Halicarnassus]
, endgamed.
MathBlade,
Civilization [Stonehenge]
, endgamed.
Leonshade,
Civilization [Brandenburg Gate]
, endgamed.
Creature,
Civilization [Alhambra]
, endgamed.
Vecna,
Civilization [Hagia Sophia]
, endgamed.
ThinkBig,
Civilization [Great Zimbabwe]
, endgamed.

Events Log
:
Spoiler:
Day 1
Fro99er dies during Night 1.

Day 2
PeregrineV dies during Night 2.

Day 3
KidAmn replaces Yuri.
Gorkington replaces TheRealGin-N-Tonic.
No one dies during Night 3.

Day 4
Maxous dies during Night 4.

Day 5
CommKnight replaces CloudKicker.
davesaz dies during Night 5.

Day 6
Game ends in a perfect scum win!
Last edited by Nahdia on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 88 times in total.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:45 am

Post by Nahdia »

Rules & Mechanics

I reserve the right to modify these rules at any time. I will inform you if this happens during the course of the game.

Spoiler: Common Rules
>
All site rules apply here.
>
No quoting any private mod communication, including your role PM, or contents of private topics. This includes referring or alluding to specific time stamps on any private communication. You can paraphrase.
>
If you have the ability to edit, please refrain from doing so.
>
Do not discuss this game outside game related threads while it is ongoing. This includes contacting players of the game via Private Messaging or other outside communication.
>
Do not discuss other ongoing games in this game thread unless the mechanics of that game allow such (I would appreciate it if you let me know in advance if this is the case as well).
>
When dealing with rules infractions or othfer problems, I will always seek the solution that is least invasive to the game state. That said, infractions may result in anything from a warning to your slot being force replaced or you being modkilled, depending on the severity and nature of the offense.
>
Please be respectful of all other players as well as myself. I am fragile.
>
No angle shooting. Play in the spirit of the game. I shouldn't need to clarify this further.

Spoiler: Game Conduct Rules
>
My color is
#FF6FF2
. Don't use it, or any similar shade really.
>
Questions for me may be made either via PM or in the thread. If you ask a question in thread, please ensure you bold your question and begin with it with the tag "@mod" so I am more likely to notice it.
>
Please do not use provable randomness (such as the dice tag) in thread. You may SAY you used randomization, but not prove it.
>
Do not make use of external websites as part of the game. If it can't be embedded into a post on the forums, it's not allowed. This includes resources such as Google Documents. You may use such things for your own reference, but never in conjunction with other players not part of your own slot.
>
No ciphers, encryption, extremely small text, or other similar tactics.
>
Do not threaten to abandon the game as a response to in game actions. Doing so will result in an immediate force replace if not modkill.
>
Do not threaten to report other players in order to attempt to influence their actions. If you believe someone is doing something worthy of a report, bring it to the attention of moderators.
>
If you notice an error in my moderating, you are free to point it out in the game thread. However, please also message me privately so that I notice and can amend the error as soon as possible.
>
PLEASE do not make reference to meta formed in other games still ongoing, no matter how discreet you attempt to be about it.
>
Do not make reference in game to any sort of moderator communication with the exception of game mechanics related communication.

Spoiler: Inactivity and V/LA (Vacation/Limited Access) Guidelines
>
I prod after 48 hours of inactivity and begin seeking replacement after another 24 hours.
>
If you receive more than three prods, I will immediately begin seeking replacement.
>
Please inform me
directly via PM
of any V/LA. If you don't do this, I'm not responsible if I don't notice you're on V/LA and prod you during it.
>
If you have regular V/LA periods (such as being unavailable on weekends) please inform me pre-game and I will take this into account.

Spoiler: Gameplay Rules
>
This setup was reviewed by Varsoon, Frozen Angel, & Firebringer. I cannot guarantee balance, though we have strived for it.
>
Deadline modifications not ordained by the mechanics of the game itself will be granted rarely, only to accommodate for replacements, or in other extreme circumstances such as site downtime.
>
Votes must be made with either
bold
or VOTE:  tags. Votes not cast in this way
will not be counted
>
Lynches are based on majority. As soon as a majority of alive players votes for a single slot, they will immediately be lynched and the game will progress to the night phase. Between when the final vote needed to lynch is cast and I process the lynch and progress the game to night, you may discuss the game in thread but take no actions.
>
If no majority is achieved by the end of a day phase, the vote will default to no lynch.
>
By default, anti-town factions possess factional night chat only. However, actions, including build requests, submitted by members of factional threads will be posted immediately in said thread.
>
By default, players may use as many abilities as they have access to during any single phase.
>
This game uses Natural Action Resolution.

Spoiler: Mechanical & Draft Rules
>
Each day will begin with a 7 day long "Resolution Phase" in which a public resolution, with its consequences fully explained, will be declared on the table. Resolutions will be immediately passed based on majority, or plurality if the deadline is reached. Tie votes result in no resolution being passed.
>
Immediately following the Resolution Phase is a 2 week long "Lynch Phase" in which votes to lynch may be cast.
>
At the beginning of each resolution phase, a list of Wonders available to be built will be posted corresponding to the current era. Players may submit build requests at any time during the day as well as modify these requests until the end of the day via PM.
>
Players will be informed if they succeeded or failed in building a wonder immediately following the end of the day, when build requests resolve.
>
By default, players may only build a maximum of one wonder.
>
All players have been privately assigned a priority value which they are unaware of. This value determines who successfully builds a Wonder if multiple people submit a build request for the same structure.
>
If a player opts to submit no build request during a specific era, they will be moved to the top of the priority list.
>
If multiple players opt to submit no build request during a specific era, the one who was previously highest on the list will be moved to the very top, and so on.

Spoiler: Sample Role PM
Welcome to Civilization Mafia!

You are aligned with Civilization (town).

Your people have at long last decided to cease their lives as nomads and settle down. This is the first step towards the creation of a mighty empire! You alone have been entrusted to lead this new state in its quest to establish a glorious legacy for its people. This journey will not be without trials, as there are those who seek to destroy what you have established, and lay waste to those ideals you strive towards. Will you succeed in defending your people and your country from this threat? Can you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

You win when all non-Civilization aligned players have been eliminated from the game, and at least one Civilization aligned player remains.
Last edited by Nahdia on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:48 am, edited 6 times in total.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:34 am

Post by Nahdia »

From the first stirrings of life beneath water... to man taking his first upright steps... to the great beasts of the Stone Age, you have come far. Now begins your greatest quest: from this early cradle of civilization on towards the stars.

The following Wonders are available for construction during the Ancient Era. Please submit build requests privately via PM.

The Hanging Gardens
Each night, you may target a player to protect from a single killing action.
The Pyramids
If you die, no information will be released along with your flip. You will become a treestump and may continue posting in the main thread. You will be dead for all other purposes.
Mausoleum of Halicarnassus
Each night, you may select a player to form a neighborhood with. This neighborhood will last only the following day & night phase.
Stonehenge
Each night, you may target a player. If you are killed during the night, that player's alignment will be immediately publicly revealed.
Statue of Zeus
Each night, target a player. The first time a killing action targets you, that action will instead be redirected to your target.
The Great Lighthouse
(Available only to non-town players)
Factional topics you are a part of gain day chat as long as you are alive.

It is currently the Resolution Phase. Votes to lynch may not be cast until resolutions have been dealt with. The following Resolution is on the table:

Funding
  • Sciences
    : Wonders will be viewable one era prior to when they become buildable.
  • Arts
    : Each era, an extra wonder will be made available with vote or lynch related abilities.
  • None
    : No event.
Last edited by Nahdia on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:38 am

Post by Nahdia »

Resolution Vote 1.00

Sciences (0):

Arts (0):

None (0):

Not Voting (21):
Akane and Nebby, Fro99er, Nero Cain, Yuri, beeboy, The DEO, Leonshade, Elbirn, Creature, Drixx, Julius Caesar, Lil Uzi Vert, Vecna, ssbm_Kyouko, ooba, Maxous, PeregrineV, Sondam, NoticeMeSenpai, Albert B. Rampage, Spiffeh

With 21 players alive, it takes 11 to pass a resolution by majority.
Resolution deadline is in (expired on 2017-02-14 10:05:30), at which point the resolution will be decided via plurality.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Sondam
Sondam
Goon
Sondam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:07 am

Post by Sondam »

First.
~Maria
Hydra of MariaR and gerryoat
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:09 am

Post by Akane and Nebby »

Reporting for duty

- Akane
Sondam
Sondam
Goon
Sondam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:10 am

Post by Sondam »

Sciences or none imo Arts helps scum way more than town. I'm leaning Sciences so we can all do planning but that could end in mass chaos
~Maria
Hydra of MariaR and gerryoat
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:12 am

Post by Akane and Nebby »

I too am for sciences. Will need to consult with Nebby, though

- Akane
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:14 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Hey guys :)

What's shaking?
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:15 am

Post by Leonshade »

Suggestion: We publicly agree on who builds which wonder, so that everyone else can submit no build request and get a higher priority during the next era. Then those player agree on which wonders to build while everyone else sits it out, and so on.

Also, I say Sciences on the resolution.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:15 am

Post by Leonshade »

VOTE: Sciences
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:22 am

Post by Maxous »

VOTE: Arts

Please do not take 50 pages to decide this
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:23 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Sounds like a bad idea.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:27 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

VOTE: None
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:39 am

Post by Elbirn »

You opened the thread while I'm in class WHYYYY

Idk whats happening or what any of this means but I always rush science to the near exclusion of all else so uhh

VOTE: Science
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:40 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 9, Leonshade wrote:Suggestion: We publicly agree on who builds which wonder, so that everyone else can submit no build request and get a higher priority during the next era. Then those player agree on which wonders to build while everyone else sits it out, and so on.

Also, I say Sciences on the resolution.
This idea is immediately veto'd because it helps scum immensely in deciding who to nightkill

Both resolutions are bad for town since both allow scum to strategize on optimal strategies to either lynch town, or work together as a team to deny town the most powerful wonders. Let them have to deal with the same uncertainty and chaos as town.

Scum have a scum-only wonder now. This is bollocks for reasons I wont go into to not provide them with superior strategy.

VOTE: No resolution

Shame though, the extra wonders option would make for a far more entertaining game.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:43 am

Post by Vecna »

Let me rephrase why science is bad for town: Scum is going to have daychat. As soon as they know what wonders come up during the next day, they have -5- persons to strategize how to obtain the most powerfull wonders for themselves.

Any vote for a resolution is a scumvote from here on out.

it is so decreed by me, vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:53 am

Post by Leonshade »

Eh, my idea would certainly be bad with this batch of wonders, no point in publicly deciding who gets the doctor. Idea might be bad in general, but it was something that popped into my mind while reading about build priority in the sign-up thread.
- Vecna
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:57 am

Post by Nahdia »

Apologies! There was a significant omission in the Mechanical & Draft Rules, which has now been added.
Rules Update wrote:
>
By default, players may only build a maximum of one wonder.

-Zaphkael, 2020
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:58 am

Post by The DEO »

First of all -- All of these could have town or scum usages. To deny a resolution simply because it has a way for scum to use it is ridiculous.

1) Sciences if scum get daychat does have the issue Vecna is proposing.
2) Arts scum could get a wonder that helps them vote differently.
3) None denies potential benefits to town because we play off fear.

Instead of looking at what scum COULD do and then trying to avoid that we should be picking the one we believe gives town the best benefit. Because all of them can be made to "look" scummy. But what matters is what is actually protown.

My two cents but I want to talk with Titus head before voting a particular way.

~~Math
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:06 am

Post by Leonshade »

Agreed with Math. Picking a resolution to minimize scum harm is playing to not lose. Picking what's best for town is playing to win.
- Vecna
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Rather have Arts. it's an extra wonder, there are more town than scum, and it's day-based.

Vote: Arts
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:10 am

Post by Vecna »

If we vote for arts were likely going to be getting wonders such as double vote, governor, lynchproof and with a bit of luck the ability that shows the ammount of scum on the winning wagon.

Most of these dont add much for town and just make figuring stuff out harder.

Its almost worth it to make the game more interesting though....Choices choices

Entertainment > logic?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:11 am

Post by Spiffeh »

@mod If Arts is chosen, will a vote/lynch mechanic still be available during MYLO/LYLO?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:12 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 20, Leonshade wrote:Agreed with Math. Picking a resolution to minimize scum harm is playing to not lose. Picking what's best for town is playing to win.
Its best for town to limit scum influence on the game. Science does not achieve that. Arts -might- but probably wont.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”