Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:47 am

Post by Adele »

whoa

this is goin' be
gooood

metagame strategy? you mean, like, townies falling on their swords in a minigame to ensure that a highly-suspected minigame townie probable metagame scum is up for the cordocet? That seems like something we can better do a bit later than now... you know, once we know who we want to meta-lynch
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:52 am

Post by Adele »

The trick is to figure out what tactics the scum might want to use - and punish these tactics (BOCWATT).

after all, if the minigames were nor tactically relevant, a mod as wise and fantastic as mith (/crawl, yet true) wouldn't have bothered including them.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:46 am

Post by Adele »

"But Of Course, Wifom Applies To This"
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:18 am

Post by Adele »

SomeStrangeSimenon wrote:Hi. This is Sim. Any suggestions to whatever way makes it easier for us to communicate which one of us is speaking?

/confirm
What, there's two of you talking through the same mouth?

This is a mini. 12-man. If there are two of you behind a single alt, whatever; keep it to yourself. That's your problem, not mine; and if the two of you can't play consistently as the same character, then you shouldn't be playing the same character anyway. :?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #87 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:31 am

Post by Adele »

Thorned Rose wrote:For those against joint accounts, you're going to hate us. This is JordanA24 and Aimee, who agreed to replace together because of time constraints.

From now, our posts will have a clear "(Aimee)" for example at the starts of our posts, so that you know who is speaking.

(Anyway this is Aimee here.)

Random vote:
vote: Pooky
. He's too cuddly!
If you're doubleheaded, that's cool and all - just don't expect me to care which head's speaking, because I'm going to treat you as a unit.

Also: please get an avatar! I'd be really,
really
grateful.

kabenon, Waterboywaldo (how should I shorten that name? Suggestions?) wasn't calling you singleminded, but hypocritical. I think his point was "at least I contributed my opinions, before you did by the way".

Max is annoying me. Haven't decided if I distrust him yet. I do want to know why he saw fit to share the "role that didn't happen" information with the town.
Fiasco wrote:We should aim to have someone at Claim Or Die by Wednesday, I think.
/agree. It also seems to me that there is
less
at stake in this game than a normal mini; all will do is limit our Main Game lynch options, which for the first lynch, won't necessarily be all that hot anyway.

Hmm. An idea occurs, a precipitate to a mass roleclaim down the line; if everyone stated now whether their role is the same as first time around. May be useful for catching folk in lies down the line... may be unutterably stupid. Thoughts?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #106 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:50 am

Post by Adele »

WaterboyWaldo wrote:I am not voting at random; I believe Max to be acting suspicious. Also, the deadline isn't THAT short. It's pretty much a whole week. We have plenty of time to kill him.
This doesn't read to me as "yeah let's definately kill max today, yeah?"

Waterboywaldo (I am going to have to insist you provide us with a nickname there; you could be waterboy, waldo, WBW... pick) seems flippant but not particularly scummy to me.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #110 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:49 am

Post by Adele »

fos: kabenon
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #112 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:39 am

Post by Adele »

Well, you know, when you vote your suspicions are right there for everyone to see, and that might bite you in the ass later when you contradict yourself out of convenience.

I'd prefer to wait and see a safe wagon to jump on.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #115 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:00 am

Post by Adele »

Not hugely; I have a much bigger problem with dice-tag votes and self-votes. Plus, like I said, I think the stakes are much lower here than typically. However, if it really bugs you, I'll:

vote: Max

since he really should have answered your question (and mine)
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #118 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:24 am

Post by Adele »

lol
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #135 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:41 am

Post by Adele »

Max wrote:For people who do not understand semi-random votes heres a small explanation, Firstly you use a reason that is not true for example claiming that they told you they were scum.

It was a random vote,

Definition of Random:

A process where the outcome is not decided by normal decisions and is instead, for example, by the roll of a dice. See Chance
But why share that info anyway? When it might somehow damage the town, discretion being the better part of valour and all?

and: for those of you who don't realise it, when you preface a joke with "oh guys here's a joke:", it's just a teeny bit
less funny
. To the point of being obnoxious. That's why waterboywaldo didn't say in the post when he was kidding around that he was just kidding around. Which makes this especially ironic:
WaterboyWaldo wrote:Adele is confusing me.
adele wrote:when you vote your suspicions are right there for everyone to see, and that might bite you in the ass later when you contradict yourself out of convenience.
I don't have a problem with her FOSing somebody instead of voting them, but this is a weak argument. She's worried that her suspicions are there for everyone to see? That's what happens when you FOS somebody too. Heck, just stating your suspicions allows people to see them. This is a poor explanation for her lack of vote.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #141 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Adele »

Fiasco wrote:Everyone, do you think Adele's "let's all say whether we have the same role" suggestion was scummy?
this
one?
Adele wrote:Hmm. An idea occurs, a precipitate to a mass roleclaim down the line; if everyone stated now whether their role is the same as first time around. May be useful for catching folk in lies down the line... may be unutterably stupid. Thoughts?
That one? Where I state it's an IDEA, that it might be
unutterably stupid
and ask someone smarter than I to say if it is?

Yes. You are right. We must stamp out this dangerous trend towards
discussion

FOS: Fiasco[/i] for, I think, misrepresenting me.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #168 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:09 am

Post by Adele »

ryan wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:but what do you use to determine who is scummy and who isn't?
Evidence, questions, contradictions, behavior not townielike.
Sure, but we're mostly going to be playing subgames. Behaviour within a subgame may be a horrible indicator of scummyness in the metagame. Pooky raises a good point IMHO.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #172 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:51 am

Post by Adele »

If only one thing is clear, it's that this subgame requires a more confrontational style. I know this post is unlike me, but I think it's necessary to be a bit shoutier. For the record, I am
not
going to turn into Fritzler :)

__
Fiasco wrote:Boo hoo. "Suggestion" is not that different from "idea". I didn't even say it was scummy, just asked other people. Fact is that you proposed something that would have outed most vanillas in the game even if it didn't seem that way at first. If one or two people followed it because they couldn't see the harm, that would still have been damaging.
yeah, if I'd not made a point of saying it might be unutterably dumb, and asked specifically for thoughts.
WaterboyWaldo wrote:When Adele asked for comments on her idea, Fiasco said,
'Everyone, do you think Adele's "let's all say whether we have the same role" suggestion was scummy?'
. (BTW, points against Adele here for attempting to benefit from the mod's mistake. While this isn't necessarily scummy, it is, in my opinion, poor sportsmanship). More importantly, I noticed that Fiasco doesn't give his opinion on the idea, but asks everyone else first. It would have been less suspicious if he had said
"Does anybody ELSE think Adele's suggestion was scummy?"
, but it seems that he was leading everybody else into it and waiting for anybody else to start gunning for Adele.
YAUS. Asking everybody else if something's scummy so, if anyone (like Joe-average) says "maybe, yeah", you can later say "Um, I think I agree with Joe-average that Adele was scummy" = scummy.
Fiasco wrote:So could all the non-me, non-magical, non-kabe people please weigh in on whether we're going to play this subgame at all? If yes, may I suggest threatening Max?

unvote, vote Max
"Look at me, I'm the only one who cares about the game, look how many posts I've entered (bickering off-topic), follow me in bandwagoning this guy cause what else are you gonna do?"

I'll do this.
Vote: Fiasco
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #190 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:08 am

Post by Adele »

ryan wrote:Thorned Rose: So you think a scum would come out and throw that many accusations around that quickly?
False dichotomy. How about a scum *might*?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #201 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:41 am

Post by Adele »

Fiasco wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:deadline incoming
That is pretty damn ironic coming from you.

I will greatly enjoy watching certain people make asses out of themselves by lynching me.
God, yes, how embarrassing: an info-free short-deadline day-1 lynch that doesn't have a perfect justification behind it. Boy will
my
face be red if Fiasco's innocent!
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #207 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:30 am

Post by Adele »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm not lynching Fiasco because I think he is subgameScum, I'm lynching Fiasco because I think he is MetaGameScum.
So, if he comes up town, will you push for the town to throw the game so you can eliminate him?

I'm just playing the game right now. That kind of clever stuff is, for me, for the second half of games (I'm speaking here of the metagame) when the town has enough information to make some kind of sense of it.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #216 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:02 am

Post by Adele »

Fiasco wrote:
Adele wrote:If only one thing is clear, it's that this subgame requires a more confrontational style. I know this post is unlike me, but I think it's necessary to be a bit shoutier.
I don't understand why you said this. I think what's necessary (at least
now
) is exactly the opposite -- let's make a point of de-escalating the sarcasm and discussing constructively.
Because it's a paced game and sometimes the reflective style that I gerenrally prefer takes too long.
Fiasco wrote:
"Look at me, I'm the only one who cares about the game, look how many posts I've entered (bickering off-topic), follow me in bandwagoning this guy cause what else are you gonna do?"

I'll do this.
This comes across to me as malice caused by me having annoyed you somehow, which you then didn't separate 100% from your judgment of my alignment. At the time, there was disagreement over whether to play the subgame at all; this seemed to me like the most important issue at that moment, some people were ignoring it, and I wanted to hear their opinion. The subtext you put in quotes isn't really there, in my opinion, and if there wouldn't be that scummy.
That's the subtext that I saw there, and I still think it was there. You may not like the tone (regarding the o/t mention, most of your more recent votes had not been about the subgame), but it was not malicious. Perhaps a little sarcastic, maybe even rude - and if so, I am sorry - but this is not a knee-jerk out of annoyance.
Fiasco wrote:You yourself agreed that we should have threatened someone with lynch by Wednesday. I thought Max was suspicious because the earlier comment about me causing the reroll could point to him having discussed the roleblocker issue as scum, and he has refused (and continues to refuse) to give us any other explanation for the comment.
I agreed we should have someone at Claim Or Die by Wednesday; however one or two players can't manufacture that between themselves so it was a statement of an ideal - and I certainly don't think it's worth pushing the wrong person to that point just to fit that schedule.
Fiasco wrote:Then you voted me, without explaining why the couple of "things that scum might do" in my posts outweighed the evidence against other people.
I found you scummiest and posted why. You want me to explain exactly
why
I find you scummier than Max? I don't have hours to spend each day on this game, you know; the short deadlines limit how much I can post.
Fiasco wrote:
God, yes, how embarrassing: an info-free short-deadline day-1 lynch that doesn't have a perfect justification behind it. Boy will my face be red if Fiasco's innocent!
I would say "a weak attempt at justification", but we can disagree on that. I don't think "short-deadline" should be an excuse; to my mind, the point of a speed game is that you play faster, not that you go on (much) less information. On "info-free": if we'd planned ahead more, we might have had more info from claims, might have used the standard push people to claim strategy, etc.
[/quote]by playing faster, you
do
have less info to go on; there's less time for revelations, discussions, analysis. 2 people on the other side of a clock can only back-and-forth 7 times in a week. That's just the nature of it. My point here was simple: that your suggestion that we should be embarrased for this course of action is unfair, and assumes too much. It's D1, for heavens' sake. There's a big bundle of limiting factors forcing the play to be near-random. You've been somewhat scummy, which happens to be (IMO) the best we've got. Suck it up: you'll only die in the subgame (assuming you even get lynched).
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #233 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Adele »

Max wrote:The only reason for people not playing properly is because they are sad and aren't trying to win... Hence fiasco must be a jester
This is a jesterless setup.

...isn't it?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #266 (isolation #19) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:05 am

Post by Adele »

Max wrote:
Fiasco wrote:Wait, maybe this will work.

Max! Yes, you! What made you think I caused the reroll?
I DID NOT IT WAS A RANDOM VOTE
que?
Max wrote:Post 1:
It's his fault the set-up had to be randomized again. I was scum last time, And I had a chance of winning
meh

12 players. Chances of it being no-one's fault also. And Max guessed correctly? I strongly suspect lyingness, so

unvote, vote max
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #268 (isolation #20) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:37 am

Post by Adele »

av pls
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #270 (isolation #21) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:44 am

Post by Adele »

<3
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #275 (isolation #22) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:44 am

Post by Adele »

Max wrote:Doesn't everyone know how in games people give random votes for reasons such as "I was in a game with him", "He nightkilled me in game 1", "He's obv scum he made the first post". I don't see how mine is any different. If someone disagrees with what I
know
what I said and what I meant by it you deserve to be lynched for it
But you claimed such-and-such that we don't know how you could've known and it turned out to be true.

And, we deserve to be lynched for not trusting that your backtracking is honest? We're applying professional skepticism here, max. It's now about what
you
know; we can only act on what
we
know.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #312 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:56 am

Post by Adele »

Ugh.

Unvote, Vote: Fiasco
> no lynch

claim tomorrow pls max.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #317 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Adele »

claim pls max.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #319 (isolation #25) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:52 am

Post by Adele »

Max wrote:Deadline at 10PM so about 9 and a half hours, Personally I prefer the sound of a no-lynch than a lynch on me, but I prefer a lynch on Fiasco to a no-lynch. And If I (need to/ am forced to) claim I will, just I don't think it'd be wise
We didn't have time to force a claim off him yesterday due to the deadline. I relucantly unvoted him to hammer Fiasco.

i want a claim.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #330 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:36 am

Post by Adele »

Should
we concede as town? I
so
don't get all this - is it based entirely on you, Pooky, wanting to metalynch Fiasco? If so, then I for one do need convincing.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #334 (isolation #27) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:37 am

Post by Adele »

WaterboyWaldo wrote:
vote: Adele
Any kind of reason for that?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #345 (isolation #28) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:35 am

Post by Adele »

wtf, Waldo?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #351 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:11 am

Post by Adele »

Got anything to say about the fact you're probs gonna die, Sam?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #353 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:06 am

Post by Adele »

What's your role?

Actually, are you subscum or subtown?
-->I don't even know if that's a question that we
want
answered, but we're approaching deadline, I don't want another NL and so there's really no time for me to submit the worth of the question itself to town scrutiny.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #356 (isolation #31) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:09 am

Post by Adele »

ehhh...

bugger

Vote: Sammich

Sorry
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #358 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:24 am

Post by Adele »

'cause it was a crap lynch.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #363 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:26 am

Post by Adele »

unvoting won't unlynch you. I didn't want a nolynch; that's why I lynched you. What do you mean "screw the deadline"? Yeah, I didn't want to go to night without killing anyone
for the second time in a row

I think your post's lost in translation. I don't get it.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #365 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:29 am

Post by Adele »

Dude, I'm in the UK. I lack web access at home, and I'm out of the office this week. I'm in a cybercafe, and I'm not gonna be here again for
hours.

I had to make a call (shrug). Crap lynch > No lynch.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #382 (isolation #35) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:50 am

Post by Adele »

Vanilly.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #385 (isolation #36) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Adele »

WaterboyWaldo wrote:Dangit Adele, didn't we lynch you yesterday? You are such scum.
No, actually, I hammered a townie yesterday.

Also, not scum. See my claim.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #387 (isolation #37) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:04 am

Post by Adele »

WaterboyWaldo wrote:Yeah, I didn't really have a reason for it. I just wanted to post to prove I hadn't forget about this game. Didn't notice we were in sub-LYLO phase.

unvote

I just don't understand this game variant. Can somebody explain to me how these subgames will help us find metamafia?
Yeah, um, and me too.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #392 (isolation #38) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:07 am

Post by Adele »

Pook:
1) I'm not convinced of Fiasco/Sarcastro's scumhood, so the plan does not, as of yet, particularly appeal.
2) Secret messages in code? Would that be against the rules? We're clearly not obligated to play-to-win in the subs, so the rules are different here.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #396 (isolation #39) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:46 pm

Post by Adele »

Sure I'll say stuff. The only real problem is
what
to say.

In most games, whether or not I know who the scum are, I know who I'm trying to find. Here, there's a debate between hunting subscum and metascum, and it seems to me that
both
sides of the debate are correct: hunting subscum
is
potentially counterproductive, hunting metascum
is
impossible (at this stage, anyway). I feel like I'm in my first game on a site without a wiki or ICs, and the mod's conveniently forgotten to tell me what my WC is.

Pooky maintains that Fiasco and/or Sarcastro is subscum, that they should be metalynched, and that the subtown should therefore take a dive. I fail to see, though, where Pooky has attained popular town opinion or conclusively demonstrated that they're metascum, so I'm concerned that latching on to the first person to propose a plan is a bad approach to all this.

Ultimately, I don't get the setup. I get how scum might be able to use the subgames to their ends. I therefore kinda get how town can use the subgame results for information. But I
don't
think that this subgame can be affected for the metatown's benefit, and attempts to do so will only serve to confuse things later in the metagame when we try to analyse stuff.

Wow, stream-of-conciousness posting's actually helped me clarify my position! Thanks, Simenon!

So, here's where I'm at. It's the first subgame. Subscum should play to subwin. Subtown should play to subwin. Pooky is wrong. No-lynches are bad.

Now that I've figured
that
out :D, I'll be able to go back over stuff and come back with a suspicions list.

One note though: as long as a number of players are thinking past the end of the subgame, the subgame will be shoddily played. We need near-universal commitment to what's in front of us, or else this section of the game will wind up just being a swamp, pointless and ultimately beneficial to metascum.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #411 (isolation #40) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Adele »

Okay. I want a lynch to go through today, and I'm not happy with Pooky's contribution ("I think these people are metascum so you should all follow me in throwing the subgame, and if you don't understand my point you should definately follow my ideas because you can't refute them, rather than playing like makes sense to you at least at first").

vote: Pooky
for so angrily discouraging subgame play.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #415 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:25 am

Post by Adele »

It's difficult to care when you don't understand the consequences...
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #477 (isolation #42) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:41 pm

Post by Adele »

[quote=""kabenon"]Although... Adele is experienced enough... she should have known that if she put the third vote then a scum would hammer to win the game... so why would she do that? I think Adele could be scum as well... protecting one or more of her metascum partners that were subscum... if the town were to lose, we metatownies have a harder chance of hitting metascum, because we have more to choose from... so I think Adele is going to be on top of my list. [/quote]Sorry, what
should
I have done?
Let us no-lynch our way to a scum win, or give the town a chance by lynching a reasonable candidate?
Pooky wrote:@Adele you can criticize me for me upset that you guys didn't understand me, but you guys never told me that you didn't understand what I was saying, you just basically decided to ignore me.
Interesting. I don't see it that way. I don't think it was yet the time to be thinking the way you were, and I see your actions throughout the subgame as derailment. Engaging you in discussion would have only furthered this.
The only question on my mind is, were you deliberately derailing the game, and were you doing so for scummy reasons?
DGB wrote:How are we supposed to find metascum in this setup?
Never thought I'd <3 DGB :). No clue, but I think it'll emerge over time. Pooky's trying to force it, which I think'll just mean that we're as clueless at the end as we are now.
Sarc wrote:
Adele wrote:That seems like something we can better do a bit later than now... you know, once we know who we want to meta-lynch
after all, if the minigames were nor tactically relevant, a mod as wise and fantastic as mith (/crawl, yet true) wouldn't have bothered including them.
I have difficulties reconciling this with the floundering that followed.
I have no doubt that the minigames
will be
useful. I just don't think that usefullness could've been aplied during the first. Yeah, I floundered - I was confused. I believed the games were there for a reason, and couldn't figure out how to use them.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #479 (isolation #43) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Adele »

Really? Do you think it's reasonable to expect the situation to change dramatically in a couple of days?

I didn't. I thought the game would end one of two ways, and supported the way that I preferred.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #485 (isolation #44) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:03 am

Post by Adele »

kabenon007 wrote:A couple of days in a Day that lasts about a week is a significant amount of time, relatively speaking.
:shock: Wow.
Um, I disagree. The gamestate seemed
very
static and immoveable to me, and bandwagons have generally been slow and exclusive. Factor in that I (and clearly several others) can't be at the PC 24/7 haranguing people, and the result is deadlines that've been pinching the town. We were time-short, so I went action-heavy. I made a call. The wrong one. But I don't see that things would've ended more happily if I'd done differently.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #491 (isolation #45) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:38 am

Post by Adele »

I've submitted my picks.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #493 (isolation #46) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:04 am

Post by Adele »

Simenon wrote:Adele put me on ignore.
?

What do you mean? Do you feel I ignored you? What? Where?

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #510 (isolation #47) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:23 am

Post by Adele »

Simenon wrote:I'm pretty sure Adele and Fiasco are metascum for obvious reasons.
kabenon007 wrote:Well, I was all for Adele.
That's unexpected. My participation hasn't been glowing - I recognise that - and I disagreed with some people about the most sensible course of action to take, especially about whether the first game should be manipulated for a particular result or played out for later information. But I don't think I harmed the metatown with my actions, or that my approach was absurd or unjustified.

I'll spend some time this weekend trawling for accusations against me and answering them.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #545 (isolation #48) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:37 am

Post by Adele »

Simenon wrote:
Adele wrote:
Simenon wrote:Adele put me on ignore.
?

What do you mean? Do you feel I ignored you? What? Where?

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.
Why did you think there was a purpose to the subgames before the subgame started and then later change your mind?
No, I still believe there is a purpose to the subgames. I was confused as to what the best purpose was for a while, and came to the belief that, at least for the first game, the real use it provided was retrospective, not immediately actionable. Hope that helps.

To clarify, do people want me dead entirely because of the above? Which part are you objecting to? The opinion I came to, or the fact that I acted on it rather than allow the game to drift into pointlessness?
MBF wrote:Oh noes. I'm being lynched in the subgame for which I've already forgotten my role.
lolqft.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #547 (isolation #49) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:23 am

Post by Adele »

Simenon wrote:
Adele wrote:No, I still believe there is a purpose to the subgames. I was confused as to what the best purpose was for a while, and came to the belief that, at least for the first game, the real use it provided was retrospective, not immediately actionable. Hope that helps.
It still doesn't explain why you seemed completely lost. And that doesn't shound characteristic of a player like yourself.

But the biggest reason I'm voting you for is this:
5>4>3>6>2>7>9>8>1 #Adele
1. Because for a while I was. It wasn't until I was called upon to articulate my thoughts that I realised what I thought.

When I was a teenager, I heard the "no chemical means of changing one element to another" rule, and thought photosynthesis an exception. It wasn't until I articulated it to someone and said the words "Carbon Dioxide" that I twigged, duh, CO2 not an element. They didn't even need to say it. I figured it out because I said something.
It's kinda like that. Sweet of you to say I don't seem the type to get confused - in fact, I'm often the one to tentatively suggest plans that I can't figure out if they're good or bad. I'd be dire in a dethy. I'm just very upfront about the opinions I
have
formed, and I'm very good at the formal end of logic.

2. What's that? My vote list? You don't like who I voted for? Which bit?
(I was gonna cut and paste from my notes who I voted for the record, but I got the grey screen of death).
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #549 (isolation #50) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:29 am

Post by Adele »

Got it now: PookyTheMagicalBear, Max, kabenon007, ryan, Fiasco, Sammich, Xdaamno, Sarcastro, Adele
Fiasco wrote:As there could be a blocker, role hinting here seems to me like an especially bad idea.
nah, it's just I read it, didn't much care (subroles aren't all that important in the scheme of things) and proceeded to cram my brain with Consolidated Statements of Change in Equity. Fun fun.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #557 (isolation #51) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:40 am

Post by Adele »

Simenon wrote:
Got it now: PookyTheMagicalBear, Max, kabenon007, ryan, Fiasco, Sammich, Xdaamno, Sarcastro, Adele

Yeah, I disagree on every count with this list. I'm serious, nobody seems to be in the right spot here. Why put Fiasco at number 5? Did you seriously think Sammich was the 6th person in terms of scumminess on your list?

Basically, I cannot believe anybody thought Pooky was the most scummish person, and kabs and ryan look very town to me. And I'm even more surprised you wouldn't compromise and say "well, pooky's scum, but if he's not, he could be right with his theory." You had no exposure to sarc; the only info to go on him was Pooky's theory.
I thought Pooky was scum in large part
because
of his theory. I still don't think it was the right play. It doesn't make sense.

As to the list... no. It's not a result of hours of agonising over who I thought was fifth or sixth scummiest. I put the people I suspected most at the top, I put me at the end and I filled the middle in as best I could. I understand you might not believe that I can have opinions on large numbers of people at once, so in support of this claim: I don't play normals. I can't keep up with them. I've got strong areas and weak areas, but I'm not gonna produce as solid opinions on 8 people as I am on 3. I'm a focuser, not a multi-tasker. I'm sorry if that disappoints you, but it's a skill thing not an alignment thing (99th percentile maths and logic, 9th percentile short-term memory).

Pooks, max and kab I stand by.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #566 (isolation #52) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:53 am

Post by Adele »

kabenon007 wrote:
Adele wrote:Pooks, max and kab I stand by.
Well congratulations, your top two candidates are dead, and they were both town, so forgive me if I don't trust your reasoning, especially cuz I know I'm town.
I mean that given the information I had at the time it seemed the best choice.
Obviously
, I'm not the only one who felt that way, since otherwise they'd not have died, yet I seem to be very heavily targeted right now. Que sera sera I s'pose, but I don't know if I'm going to have a chance to adequately defend myself, and certain people, faced with a choice of lynches, have taken steps to make my lynch (and my lynch only) near inevitable. I'm not a fan of no lynch either, but Fiasco was nearly as lynchable as me prior to ryan's vote. I'll need to reread to see who's jumping on the wagon at safe/easy times, but obv won't have a chance to share my viewpoint until the mini's over.

<<insert mandatory cop claim here>>
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #568 (isolation #53) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:17 am

Post by Adele »

Yes, I did say "nearly as lynchable" - in that scenario, he and I would have 3 votes each.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #571 (isolation #54) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:56 am

Post by Adele »

How on
earth
has Mike's move
increased
the likelihood of a no lynch???

how this looks to me:
ryan = wants me dead, pretends wants nolynch.

If I survive til morning, I'll be looking
closely
at you, ryan.

Oh yeah, I probably ought also to
vote: fiasco

since I don't want a nolynch (the irony is not lost on me :roll: ) and I'd obviously prefer, if there is a lynch, that it not be me.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #573 (isolation #55) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:04 am

Post by Adele »

ryan wrote:I'm not pretending one thing. Mike's move takes another person off the potential voting cycle.
OK. to start with, I don't know what that means. Please explain.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #574 (isolation #56) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:05 am

Post by Adele »

Adele wrote:How on
earth
has Mike's move
increased
the likelihood of a no lynch???

how this looks to me:
ryan = wants me dead, pretends wants nolynch.
Sorry, should've been
Adele wrote:ryan = wants me dead, pretends wants no nolynch
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #576 (isolation #57) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:08 am

Post by Adele »

I get that you're claiming to have "avoiding nolynch" as your priority - I just realised my error and EBWOP'd on the last page - but I don't understand this sentence:
ryan wrote:Mike's move takes another person off the potential voting cycle.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #578 (isolation #58) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:11 am

Post by Adele »

??? how is him voting for fiasco worse than him not voting at all?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #580 (isolation #59) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:17 am

Post by Adele »

ryan wrote:Oh good lord, nevermind Adele, you're back to your typical twist things around and make everyone else look like they are scum.
:| Yes, of course. Nothing scummier than not understanding what someone's saying. My bad. [/sarcasm]

For the record, it seemed to me that ryan was frustrated by mike's appearance and vote-placing, judging this to be a negative action, rather than neutral, because it increases the chance of a no-lynch.
I can't see how Mike voting fiasco increases the chances of a no-lynch over mike not voting anyone, so I don't get what ryan's complaint is unless his fear of a nolynch is a red herring and his true priority is to get me lynched, as he now seems to be claiming.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #582 (isolation #60) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:28 am

Post by Adele »

ryan wrote:I do find you scummy and it looks like you're playing the same way you did when we were both scum in an earlier game. (Will you be coming up with your numbers now on the probabilities of voting or not voting and blah blah blah)
What game are you even
talking
about? When have we been co-scum?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #592 (isolation #61) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:09 am

Post by Adele »

Adele wrote:
ryan wrote:I do find you scummy and it looks like you're playing the same way you did when we were both scum in an earlier game. (Will you be coming up with your numbers now on the probabilities of voting or not voting and blah blah blah)
What game are you even
talking
about? When have we been co-scum?
Ryan, whether I made an error in a my search, or you're confusing me with Adel, I can't recall being co-scum with you. If it's an important part of your wanting me dead then it seems well worth settling, so could you provide a link? Many thanks :)
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #595 (isolation #62) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:12 am

Post by Adele »

In which case, her playing style is rather different than mine, so I think you've been chasing me over a false tell.

no hard feelings?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #604 (isolation #63) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:25 am

Post by Adele »

kabenon007 wrote:
vote adele
Still just for omgus?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #619 (isolation #64) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:46 am

Post by Adele »

oh,
my bad
. You've actually expressed views on me...
twice
. I was working offa this one:
kab wrote:
Vote Adele
A vindictive vendetta
, on the verge of vanquishing villains, with vigilance and valiance... and valium.
(italics added).

However, to be fair, you did present this half-baked theorum earlier:
kab wrote:Although... Adele is experienced enough... she should have known that if she put the third vote then a scum would hammer to win the game... so why would she do that? I think Adele could be scum as well... protecting one or more of her metascum partners that were subscum... if the town were to lose, we metatownies have a harder chance of hitting metascum, because we have more to choose from... so I think Adele is going to be on top of my list.
Question 1) Isn't it entirely plausible that I was sincere in believing that the first subgame should be treated as an information collecting time - and, in fact, didn't I make my case for this
prior
to the events referred to above?
Question 2) How would I, subgame town, have even
known
who was in the subscum?
Question 3) Doesn't this theory assume that SomeStrangeSimenon or WaterboyWaldo is co-meta-scum with me, since it'd have to be one of the subscum and DGB's dead and innocent? - Seems to me that that's an assumption worth remembering for posterity.
3a) why did it fall to me to point out the above association, kab?

(although to be fair, 3a's a bit mean; there's no reason that it couldn't have legitimately slipped his mind. In fact, this was a very bitchy and sarcastic post. Group hug?)
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #632 (isolation #65) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:19 am

Post by Adele »

kabenon007 wrote:
MBF wrote:Answer 1 seems like a fallacy to me, similar to the odds of a single die rolling a six being 50-50 (either it is or it isn't), when really it's 1 in 6.
Well, tell me how else it could be interpretted other than plausible or not?
Good catch, MBF! I was thinking in terms of "he's acting like he's got something solid on me, but it's just a theory"; I wouldn't even have noticed that kab's opting to treat the two options as equal (which I don't think they are, especially considering the reasoning preceded the action) without justification and now, when asked for justification, he's suddenly flailing.

If he'd said that he, personally, thought the probabilities were equal, I'd let it go, but claiming that it's a dichotomy and
therfore
equal chances?

FOS Kab
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #635 (isolation #66) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Adele »

ryan wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:Ryan, you seem to just be going with the flow, voting for whomever is in the spotlight.
vote: Ryan
Fair enough
You agree?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #656 (isolation #67) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:05 am

Post by Adele »

mikeburnfire wrote:
Mod, request deadline extention
due to the fact that Something Awesome made ONE post a month ago and has since disappeared from the face of the earth. I also request that his replacement have more than ONE post total on the site. -_-
Simenon wrote:I have good information that Adele is not subscum. Please switch to someone, whoever it is.
Are the the cop? Just come out and say it if you are because we'll have a doctor that can protect you anonymosly.
I'd like an answer to this question before the end of the day, personally. If not, I could be wrested into a simenon wagon.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #657 (isolation #68) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:05 am

Post by Adele »

mikeburnfire wrote:
Mod, request deadline extention
Second
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #659 (isolation #69) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Adele »

Since we're 6 hours from deadline, and I'm going home soon, and I don't like no lynches,
Vote: Mikeburnfire

If the day's still up tomorrow, I'll unvote.

Simenon, I'd definately like that answer please.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #669 (isolation #70) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:06 pm

Post by Adele »

Yet I still think you were barking up the wrong tree, since this whole thing started based on my opinion of the most viable play for the first subgame - which was sincere.

Metascum, Subcop. Don't know how folk missed the fact I was cop, since
I claimed it
:
Adele wrote:...I'll need to reread to see who's jumping on the wagon at safe/easy times, but obv won't have a chance to share my viewpoint until the mini's over.

<<insert mandatory cop claim here>>
This, btw, was why I put the major brakes on with ryan this morning; I went from "you're manipulating to make me look scummy and I wanna know why!" to "I think you may have made an error; no hard feelings".

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”