Mini 1732 - Super Smash Bros. Project M(afia) - D7!

smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:03 am

Post by smiffle »

I don't know about Nana being obviously non-town, but I can understand the uncertainty about her role. So far, Nana, Popo, and Genda's role appear to be bastard parts of this game.
Going into a bastard game, there's always the question of "how bastard" the game is, and Nana is currently the uncertainty I see regarding this.
It's good that MM finally had the balls to vote the slot.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:08 am

Post by smiffle »

In post 571, All Alone wrote:
In post 454, smiffle wrote:All alone, what's your read on Gl?

GuiltyLion is probably town IMO. I like his vote on Davsto as well as his post about Wanderer, and I don't really think it's contradictory or scummy for him to "defend" Lickety while having a null read on him. If there's a huge wagon on someone and you don't have a read on them, you better be doing something to get a read on them, and questioning the people pushing the wagon is a reasonable way to do that. That makes more sense to me than any scum motive for his play today regardless of Lickety's alignment.

As far as Lickety goes, I'm increasingly okay with lynching him today. Part of that is I looked up jester games on this site and found that jesters never once ended the game when lynched, and part of that is that jesters are really rare on this site, even in bastard mod games, so most likely he's probably just scum. Davsto is still my top scumread though.

Awesome.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:13 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 565, Davsto wrote:Regarding the last paragraph: is he honestly calling Genda thinking he's scum a scumtell?

If anything I'm saying that its way too confident.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:24 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Can...
someone...
anyone...
lay out any reason at all why Nana could be town?
What do we do with people who aren't town?
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:30 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

How can a mod alt be evil?
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:32 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 579, Metal Sonic wrote:How can a mod alt be evil?

How do you know it's a mod alt, to start off?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:37 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Davsto can you stop defending yourself and start telling us about your reads on other players? Everything you've posted since is solely intended to tell us you aren't scum (other than , which is just throwing shade on LQ). Am I still your top scumread? Are you still scumreading smiffle? What do you think of LQ? What do you think of literally any other player?

Mario's vote on Nana is lazy, but I also think it's a townish thing to do. Scum would be more scared of voting on an unpredictable possibly-a-mod-alt thing (unless they already know how it/she works).
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:42 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 580, MarioManiac4 wrote:

Because he was added unnaturally with an obvious flavor theme name?
oopsies! haha!

MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:49 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 582, Metal Sonic wrote:

Which could be for a player, a friend?
Stuff not the mod?
But let's start with this. She's the unnaturally added player who hasn't been talking. Nana is not a town-poster, contributing to the town wincon. Nana does not have the same win-condition as all town.
We need to get rid of Nana today. Her flip could fill in some gaps in the setup of the many not filled by my Role PM, and that applies for all of us, I'd think.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 581, GuiltyLion wrote:Davsto can you stop defending yourself and start telling us about your reads on other players? Everything you've posted since is solely intended to tell us you aren't scum (other than , which is just throwing shade on LQ). Am I still your top scumread? Are you still scumreading smiffle? What do you think of LQ? What do you think of literally any other player?

Spoiler: look at all the commenting on stuff I'm not doing!
In post 409, Davsto wrote:
In post 286, GuiltyLion wrote:I agree with All Alone's point against Davsto, but I've seen him get mislynched for similar reasons before in other games. Taking a bit of a 'wait and see' on him, but he's in my suspect pool.

What games?
In post 307, GuiltyLion wrote:I have a completed game with ASP where he lurked and was mislynched for it on D1, Micro 533.
Just to clarify, I've played with lurking ASP too. Didn't get lynched for ages but generally dragged down the town. If I remember correctly, he was VLA for a while and then left VLA and his amount of posting stayed about the same.
In post 286, GuiltyLion wrote:I agree with All Alone's point against Davsto, but I've seen him get mislynched for similar reasons before in other games. Taking a bit of a 'wait and see' on him, but he's in my suspect pool.

What games?
In post 307, GuiltyLion wrote:I have a completed game with ASP where he lurked and was mislynched for it on D1, Micro 533.
Just to clarify, I've played with lurking ASP too. Didn't get lynched for ages but generally dragged down the town.
In post 342, Gendaberry wrote:VOTE: Davsto

I think this ISO is pretty bad. Apart from calling smiffle's first vote awful, he hasn't done anything to scumhunt at all despite having a decent number of posts.
He seems more preoccupied with setup/role speculation then actually catching scum.
I can be bad at scumhunting a large amount early on so I setup spec so I can actually provide help.
In post 351, smiffle wrote:(psst, ms, you're right, and I'm a dumb-ass)

But seriously, what is up with Nana? Will she only respond if we vote her?
The vote count blatantly states she has a vote, so it has to be triggered by something...
Okay, this is a bizarre thing to change a read on (although I was fairly unsure on smiffle at first), but I feel that if he were scum and thought it was this, he probably wouldn't mention it, to try and let townies get hammered. Potentially even get a quickhammer in and walk off without even being at fault. I'm thinking maybe he's just slightly off town more than scum? I don't know, I'll see.

In post 370, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 368, Tails wrote:What makes you say that?

He tried to fish for triforces earlier, and as noted
only 3 flavored
have triforces (even I know this), one is super bad villain

When I probed him, he couldn't answer, meaning he is bad

Guilty lion noted he was a ganon and even I know he is main evil
Actually, potentially up to 5 Triforce flavours, looking at Project M. Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf.
In post 387, GuiltyLion wrote:Okay, my thing with Lickety is do you really feel like scum is gonna be saying trolly stuff like , , , , etc? I get that 'so reckless that scum wouldn't do it' isn't a compelling argument for towniness, but I don't think there's much there that's significantly scum-indicative either. I thought by Tails was a particularly weak case because point 1 seems to imply he's scum for limiting his scumreads and then point 3 implies he is scum for casting suspicion on a wide number of people.

Plus it's not like the things LQ is actually doing have anti-town motivation to them, and there's several posts in his ISO where he makes insightful pushes or asks useful directed questions.

Regardless, he's chosen to introduce the WIFOM of "is this guy actually town or not?" at a few points in his play, which is why I wouldn't shed a tear if he got vigged. Eventually town will have to deal with him, but I don't think he's gonna make a useful D1 lynch and I think pushing him is basically the easiest thing one can do at the moment.

I like these recent posts from Metal Sonic.

VOTE: Davsto
*series of text completely unrelated to me*
*vote on me*
???

In post 408, GuiltyLion wrote:Reasoning for my davsto vote is simply that he's voting for a townread and that another townread is voting him.
Oh lovely, the best kind of read. Like seriously, this is just yeh.
UNVOTE: smiffle, I'm feeling less sure on him. Not sure about another candidate though.
VOTE: Guilty because his defense on LQ looks white knight-y, his vote on me is chainsaw-y and weak.
[/quote]
In post 480, Davsto wrote:
In post 453, All Alone wrote:
In post 215, Davsto wrote:honestly I still prefer whatsisname I'm voting

confirm vote

In post 205, Davsto wrote:Speculating which alignment Mario is purely because he's Ascetic is stupid. End of.

In post 215, Davsto wrote:I'm not gonna put MM in conftown or anything for that claim but definitely leaning town.

confirm vote

In post 269, Davsto wrote:
In post 263, smiffle wrote:
In post 215, Davsto wrote:I wanna say that LQ is scum but honestly I still prefer whatsisname I'm voting (sue me) and I still think there's a chance that LQ is just dim, to put it politely. He seems genuine in believing I should be able to summon more about that ascetic.

Hey, considering that All Alone pointed out the terrible reason you voted me to begin with, why are you still on my wagon?

I tend to trust myself more than I trust others whose alignments I am unaware of. Not because I think I'm "better", but because I know my reads come from a town perspective. I have no idea on All Alone's motives.

confirm vote

In post 412, Davsto wrote:
In post 411, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 409, Davsto wrote:*series of text completely unrelated to me*
*vote on me*
???

[snip]

Oh lovely, the best kind of read. Like seriously, this is just yeh.

I'm becoming rather fond of naked votes, they make people react in informative ways. Do you think people will seriously lynch you just because of my vote?
One game I got quicklynched in about fifteen minutes from one super-scummy vote. I get worried.

confirm vote

this thing

In post 481, Davsto wrote:
But seriously, posts like that are bad. They don't even have to state reasons, they judt quote things and let the reader fill in the blank. Rather than risking inconsistency, they just quotes a bunch of things and let people interpret it their own way.

All Alone, explain every damn one of those "reasons" to me with some detail.

In post 565, Davsto wrote:
In post 557, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 483, Gendaberry wrote:
In post 359, Tails wrote:
In post 342, Gendaberry wrote:
I think this ISO is pretty bad. Apart from calling smiffle's first vote awful, he hasn't done anything to scumhunt at all despite having a decent number of posts. He seems more preoccupied with setup/role speculation then actually catching scum.

How is this worse than what Lickity has done?

It isn't, you're right

VOTE: Lickity

@Lickity - Now that you're townreading pretty much the only player you've pressured this game, do you plan on actually looking for scum or is that not something we should look forward to? You've interacted with almost everyone by now, do something with it.

I don't like the accusatory tone of this question like you already have a lock on me that I am Scum. I don't see how what I did changing a read is any means for scum motivation. I don't like that you are telling me I have to hurry up and produce stuff. I've contributed plenty and it takes a while for stuff to ferment to the point where stuff can actually be solved. I'm not good as solving stuff logically, but I do try to set up psychological tell that I am working on trying to interpret and that takes time. I'm currently newb status at doing this I'll admit, but my reasoning is sometimes pretty good, but it takes time and a lot of the time it helps to have a real vet to get stuff out of what I do, since I don't actually understand some of the stuff I do. I also don't like the complete agreeableness when, lets face it, Tails ISO doesn't look too good FMPOV. Tails ISO consist of saying "You Scum. I'm not going to explain anything, but I still think there is no reason for me to be wrong."

In post 528, Gendaberry wrote:
In post 484, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'll deal with this later. I have another game that is about to start and I have to read like 26 pages (25ppp).

So are you planning on addressing this or are you just going to ignore it? Scumreading me won't make the fact that you've done very little recently any less true.

Again with the smug question like that's any indication of my alignment. It almost sounds like you are doing a "Ha! I caught you Scum and there's nothing you can do about it!" when there's really not much there.

Regarding the last paragraph: is he honestly calling Genda thinking he's scum a scumtell?
At least act like you're reading my posts before making comments like that.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:08 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Dude I feel like everything you highlighted in blue just proves my point.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:09 am

Post by Davsto »

One of them is literally my read on smiffle

jfc, pay attention.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:19 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Your read of "oh wait he's probably town but I'm not sure so we'll see"?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:21 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 587, GuiltyLion wrote:Your read of "oh wait he's probably town but I'm not sure so we'll see"?

AKA your read on Lickety?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:17 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Yeah pretty much :p. But I've also given reads on most of the other players in the game as well. I feel like Davsto could vote anyone at this point and claim he has been scumreading them.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:21 am

Post by smiffle »

Dav, what is that even a picture of? An underground tunnel?
To stop you from defending everything anyone asks you, what's your read on Firebringer's entry to the thread?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 590, smiffle wrote:Dav, what is that even a picture of? An underground tunnel?
Tunneling, or confirmation bias. Basically, a term meaning that All Alone seems more concerned in reading everything I do in a way that supports his hypothesis than actually analysing it.
To stop you from defending everything anyone asks you, what's your read on Firebringer's entry to the thread?
Oh jeez, someone asking me to read Firebringer? When will people learn that I can't read the sneaky bastard. I'll have a go.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Davsto »

Yeh, Fire's posts are standard Fire. Nothing readable for me there.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:32 am

Post by smiffle »

Does anyone other then Dav have any sort of read on Firebringer?
He has, so far, brought no fire to this thread.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:34 am

Post by smiffle »

Let's try this again, Dav.
Do you happen to have a read on Metal Sonic by any chance?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:35 am

I like Fire for Town in this post.

In post 521, Firebringer wrote:So I read up a little.
On page 6:

This is what I think so.

Metal Sonic tries all his quirky gambits early game. I don't think anyone takes him seriously, but I def think he is town.

Davsto reacts cautiously to all of the 'gambits' and is mostly playful, I would say Null on him.

Tails just gives horrible X is town and Y is scum. He looks like all his reads are from other people too. I give those reads also, but come on >.>

Mario is town because everyone was trying to paint a target on his back.

Smiffle seems scummy cause he was trying to be opportunistic it seems.

Thats what I got so far, taking a break. Be back later for 8-20 I guess.

smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:37 am

Post by smiffle »

Cool, cool, Fire, have you finished reading by any chance?
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 583, MarioManiac4 wrote:

Stuff not the mod?
But let's start with this. She's the unnaturally added player who hasn't been talking. Nana is not a town-poster, contributing to the town wincon. Nana does not have the same win-condition as all town.
We need to get rid of Nana today. Her flip could fill in some gaps in the setup of the many not filled by my Role PM, and that applies for all of us, I'd think.

We don't have to get rid of her "today" we have real scum to lynch
oopsies! haha!

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:17 pm

In post 597, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 583, MarioManiac4 wrote:

Stuff not the mod?

We don't have to get rid of her "today" we have real scum to lynch

Since your read on me is so wrong, I will not be sheeping you or following your reads.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:18 pm

I don't like how no one is standing up for Dav, looks way too easy to me. Just some peripheral thoughts.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”