Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:31 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 1629, Kagura wrote:I can't parse what is scummy about that
^
Like, normally. If I do something scummy, I can tell I've done something scummy. I can get why people see something suspicious about me, even if I know they're ultimately wrong. I'll recognize it, acknowledge it, and then move on.

...But Beli? You're high on something, 'cause I really can't follow
that
In post 1630, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1625, Titan wrote:Okay in what way is mastin town your rock?
Yaaa, mastin is either scum or channeling House Party mastin this game. I suspect the latter, but either way.
Fuck it.

VOTE: Angry Pidgeon.

Not like my vote actually counts anyway. Might as well place it here to make a statement.
In post 1644, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Rancid town and amusing as fuck.
For the record.

Anyone with Rancid as town has reason to strongly believe me as town.
Anyone with AP somehow as town (they really shouldn't) has reason to strongly believe me to be town. (Heck, even if they think AP's scum they should still be thinking me town anyway. :P)
Anyone who has BOTH as town (although they're wrong on AP) should also have me as essentially conftown, since AP and zMuff are the only two players I can think of off the top of my head to instinctively, 100%, "get" me and never misread me.

Granted, that relies on trusting them (you should trust Rancid), and only applies if you townread them (some scumread both, oddly), butyeah.
In post 1644, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:I dunno about AP. I've been fooled before, but I can't decide on paranoia alone.
AP's just scum.

I've admittedly wavered a bit here and there. But he's just...not town.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

At least I didnae shitpost for long enough to get us lynched for it as planned.

Pedit: so AP town. Good to know.
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 1646, Kagura wrote:
In post 1645, MastinSSK wrote:Bork's posting kinda sorta pinged me, and I think it was that he has me as basically the foundation of his townreads. But for some reason, in spite of the sudden paranoia, I'm leaning town there anyway.
...what?

-b
Kinda self-explanatory?

I felt a massive, "HMMMMMMMMM..." with your posting for a bit (and theorized it was off of the defense of me), but ultimately, in spite of how I feel like I should be paranoia-reading you right now, I'm still reading you as town anyway.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:37 pm

In post 1652, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:At least I didnae shitpost for long enough to get us lynched for it as planned.

Pedit: so AP town. Good to know.
sigworthy imo
In post 1651, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 1629, Kagura wrote:I can't parse what is scummy about that
^
Like, normally. If I do something scummy, I can tell I've done something scummy. I can get why people see something suspicious about me, even if I know they're ultimately wrong. I'll recognize it, acknowledge it, and then move on.

...But Beli? You're high on something, 'cause I really can't follow
that
In post 1630, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1625, Titan wrote:Okay in what way is mastin town your rock?
Yaaa, mastin is either scum or channeling House Party mastin this game. I suspect the latter, but either way.
Fuck it.

VOTE: Angry Pidgeon.

Not like my vote actually counts anyway. Might as well place it here to make a statement.
In post 1644, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Rancid town and amusing as fuck.
For the record.

Anyone with Rancid as town has reason to strongly believe me as town.
Anyone with AP somehow as town (they really shouldn't) has reason to strongly believe me to be town. (Heck, even if they think AP's scum they should still be thinking me town anyway. :P)
Anyone who has BOTH as town (although they're wrong on AP) should also have me as essentially conftown, since AP and zMuff are the only two players I can think of off the top of my head to instinctively, 100%, "get" me and never misread me.

Granted, that relies on trusting them (you should trust Rancid), and only applies if you townread them (some scumread both, oddly), butyeah.
In post 1644, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:I dunno about AP. I've been fooled before, but I can't decide on paranoia alone.
AP's just scum.

I've admittedly wavered a bit here and there. But he's just...not town.
mastin, the thing that shakes the ffery-head's read is your stance on ceph. I just don't get how you aren't feeling town-sincerity dripping from that post I called out.

And I don't get why you think scum-ceph would follow the xenosaga playbook given the player overlap. wifom, but still there's a limit to the number of reflections-on-reflections-on-reflections that I'm willing to entertain.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2, Yulia Jue wrote:1 Kagura (borkjerfkin + nachomamma8)
So I want to talk about each of the players in more detail. Conveniently enough, I just discussed bork yet he's also the first on the list, meaning I might as well knock him out of the park first.

I remember really strongly liking bork's early posting, though I don't remember why. I think it mighta been due to jiving well, seeming casual, relaxed, and all-in-all, that town tone. That, however, is weak.
I remember not liking Nacho's posting, as if it felt like the scum him who I've wanted to catch for ages now...and then it dawned on me that that's pretty much precisely why he probably wouldn't actually be scum. Because while I am weary of a scum-Nacho, I know Nacho's scum game has taken strides, and his game here doesn't seem super-strong. It feels okayish, but not super-mega-strong like I'd kinda be expecting of a scum-him. So I overall reached the conclusion of him being town.

When it comes to bork's posting, I'm not sure what it is about it. It's like that same posting said a different way would look like scum, but said the way he does just feels like town. And how to describe it eludes me. It just feels like...I dunno, transparent? Like I can follow a stream of thought, and that his thoughts when presented before me look immensely town.

So overall, while I have had paranoia of them, I'm thinking town.
And screw it, right or wrong, I'm sticking with stronger-town.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 1654, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:I just don't get how you aren't feeling town-sincerity dripping from that post I called out.
THERE IS NONE.

That's why.

Like.

If there was one post.

ONE.
Post.

Of theirs I could call insincere.

It'd be that one, above all others. You're calling
the scummiest of the scummiest posts
they've made to be a crowning moment of towniness.
I don't get why you think scum-ceph would follow the xenosaga playbook given the player overlap.
He's not. He's following his own playbook. Said playbook has some overlap, like not thinking me to be a threat. But he's not playing the same as in Xeno. Heck, if he was, I might counterintuitively be townreading him. (No, not really.) He's just playing scum, in general.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:50 pm

mastin how confident are you in my reads?

how confident should I be in your reads?
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:54 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2, Yulia Jue wrote:2 The Fox and the Hound (cephrir and DV)
Coincidentally enough, that made a nice segway into the next player on the list.

As a warning, there's basically nothing here that I haven't already said. But basically...the main reason they're scum is that they haven't been posting as town. There's a lack of sincerity in their posting, especially in their shallow scumhunting. Their posting is manipulative rather than analytical, and they're playing reactively rather than proactively. Additionally, their posting is largely buddying. Know what's really part of the reason they're scum? A lack of provocation. Of safeness in their posting. The closest they come to it is in their dismissive posting, which itself is, well, scummy.

I pulled up their iso, and I'm seeing all of this, quite strongly, throughout their posting, in basically every section of the game. That lack of true, well...effort, for lack of a better word. There's nothing in there that is remarkable. Just stuff meant to look good that vaguely points people in directions that are beneficial to them.

I really can't describe it better than that.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

Been trying to ignore the shit you're spewing about me but seriously, a lack of provocation? Now you're just completely making shit up.

Those words look nice, but you apparently can't point to anything in particular. Also, at least half of that post if true indicates simply that I am indeed Cephrir, so good for you
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 1657, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:mastin how confident are you in my reads?
What
reads? :igmeou:

(If you mean in general, though...enough to want to synch, not enough to blindly sheep.)
My confidence is 95% on the stronger reads. But since I could be arrogantly pushing the wrong areas...oh, I'd say...about 80%? Seems about right; my stronger reads you can be 80% confident about. (Some much higher, some much lower.)
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

I be pretty far behind so I think we can all agree the best way to catch up is by responding to each post since whenever it was I last posted

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo here goes
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:58 pm

In post 1511, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 1505, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:CF less so, but it could be from feeling like my overall play style is in a state of flux and F-16's meta-based questioning of me gives me the feeling that I need to stay within my usual envelope, but it doesn't FIT.
Ffery, what do you mean by this?

Also, you said that you are concerned Nacho hasn't approached you with his reads but I see you haven't either. You had similar concerns with me early game. Do you generally prefer to be approached for comparing notes as opposed to pro-actively asking it of others?

~ F-16
Your post is actually a pretty good example of what I mean. What I generally prefer doesn't matter. I'm outside the general preferences envelope this game. You're apparently trying to tailor your interactions with me to what you think I should expect. For, me that's not the stuff reads are made of. The dance isn't choreographed in advance.

And I've actually reached out to nacho at least a couple times and haven't gotten much if anything in response.
I don't know what to say about this post
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:00 pm

In post 1512, Kagura wrote:I was sort of hoping for Muffin's response to that one: you aren't interesting enough for me.
Did nacho write this post? Nacho's right to read me has been revoked
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:01 pm

In post 1513, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 1509, Kagura wrote:ALSO SHE THINKS BREAKFAST WITH STALIN IS A FUNNY NAME
I LIKED SCUMFUCK MORE
So did we!
This seems like an unnecessary posts that adds nothing to the game
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:01 pm

Oh, God, this is going to take a while
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 1659, The Fox and the Hound wrote:Been trying to ignore the shit you're spewing about me but seriously, a lack of provocation?
Yes. Of your posting being safe, rather than riling feathers.
You apparently can't point to anything in particular.
It'd be pointing to essentially everything. I could explain stronger ones, weaker ones, and why they are what they are, but I meant it when I said, I could go into basically any spot in your iso and see them.
Also, at least half of that post if true indicates simply that I am indeed Cephrir, so good for you
This is also a scum way of wording it, though in this case I actually do lack the wording to explain why.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:03 pm

In post 1660, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 1657, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:mastin how confident are you in my reads?
What
reads? :igmeou:

(If you mean in general, though...enough to want to synch, not enough to blindly sheep.)
I mean in general. I've been pretty quiet about my reads so far except where I feel they're extraordinarily strong or they're extraordinarily against the prevailing currents.

which is pretty much business as usual for me in a large theme game.
My confidence is 95% on the stronger reads. But since I could be arrogantly pushing the wrong areas...oh, I'd say...about 80%? Seems about right; my stronger reads you can be 80% confident about. (Some much higher, some much lower.)
where the rubber met the road in the last game we played together as town, when it came to who got lynched, my reads were more accurate than yours most of the time.

What is it that I should be seeing? What should tell me that THIS time I should subsume my reads and follow yours?
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:04 pm

In post 1514, Kagura wrote:
In post 1511, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 1505, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:CF less so, but it could be from feeling like my overall play style is in a state of flux and F-16's meta-based questioning of me gives me the feeling that I need to stay within my usual envelope, but it doesn't FIT.
Ffery, what do you mean by this?

Also, you said that you are concerned Nacho hasn't approached you with his reads but I see you haven't either. You had similar concerns with me early game. Do you generally prefer to be approached for comparing notes as opposed to pro-actively asking it of others?

~ F-16
Your post is actually a pretty good example of what I mean. What I generally prefer doesn't matter. I'm outside the general preferences envelope this game. You're apparently trying to tailor your interactions with me to what you think I should expect. For, me that's not the stuff reads are made of. The dance isn't choreographed in advance.

And I've actually reached out to nacho at least a couple times and haven't gotten much if anything in response.
I see your most recent reach out, and it will be answered.
I don't have anything to say about this, either.

OK I've filled my posting quota for today. So will do the rest tomorrow starting with the post after this one.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:04 pm

In post 1666, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 1659, The Fox and the Hound wrote:Been trying to ignore the shit you're spewing about me but seriously, a lack of provocation?
Yes. Of your posting being safe, rather than riling feathers.
First of all, it's ruffling feathers. Secondly, that's exactly what I'm doing right now.
In post 1666, MastinSSK wrote:
You apparently can't point to anything in particular.
It'd be pointing to essentially everything. I could explain stronger ones, weaker ones, and why they are what they are, but I meant it when I said, I could go into basically any spot in your iso and see them.
Then DO IT.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2, Yulia Jue wrote:3 Yukari Yakumo
Unsurprisingly, this one's going to be short. There's really not much to see one way or the other. That said, while GiF's earlier posting made me vaguely think town, for the overall attitude and the weirdness of his posting (among other reasons), now, I'm not so sure. He's the closest thing I have to a true null read.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 1667, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:What should tell me that THIS time I should subsume my reads and follow yours?
Because this time, I actually have the backing of others, and because this time, the players I'm mainly focusing my attention to are players I'm actually at least somewhat a respectable authority on.
In post 1669, The Fox and the Hound wrote:Secondly, that's exactly what I'm doing right now.
No, you're defending against me. The closest to riling me up you've done is the dismissiveness you had towards me. Which is still not ruffling feathers up.
Then DO IT.
No. Takes too much time, nobody would read, would accomplish nothing but clutter the thread.
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:15 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 2, Yulia Jue wrote:4 orcinus_theoriginal
Bluntly, the only reason orc's not a much stronger townread is out of paranoia. His posting has been insanely town. His way of greeting others and his reactions to it have been town, and his sorta-lurkiness also comes across as being town. Basically, while he hasn't done much, everything he's done has looked town. As I said, the only doubt there is, is because I know he's a competent scum player. And because there's not much content, he could theoretically be scum not wanting to show his hand.

But other than that, town.

Sooooo, not as strongly town as Kagura, but basically right up there at that level, I suppose.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:22 pm

In post 1671, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 1669, The Fox and the Hound wrote:Secondly, that's exactly what I'm doing right now.
No, you're defending against me. The closest to riling me up you've done is the dismissiveness you had towards me. Which is still not ruffling feathers up.
I have been in the thick of this game. I'm not letting you take that away from me. You can be as wrong and or scum as you want, but I'm doing my fucking best here.
In post 1671, MastinSSK wrote:
Then DO IT.
No. Takes too much time, nobody would read, would accomplish nothing but clutter the thread.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by Cabd »

I shall
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Yulia Jue
Yulia Jue
Goon
Yulia Jue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by Yulia Jue »

Votecount 1-17

With 17 players alive, it will take 9 votes to lynch or nolynch.

PeregrineV (1): Kagura
MastinSSK (4): CupcakePanda, Carbon Fiber, The Fox and the Hound, Yukari Yakumo
Just Sheep Us (2): Titan, orcinus_theoriginal
Rancid Broderick Drake (1): Just Sheep Us
AngryPidgeon (3): Lord Business, Clyton, mastinSSK
The Fox and the Hound (2): Rancid Broderick Drake, Red Gyarados
CarbonFiber (1): AngryPidgeon

Not Voting (2): Mac , PeregrineV

With 17 players alive, deadline is set for 18 days: (expired on 2014-04-18 00:01:39)
Last edited by Yulia Jue on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”