Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

In post 1495, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 1492, Just Sheep Us wrote:Yo ffery, is that you?
yep!
Woohoo! We haven't had a chance to connect this game.

First thing's first re: you.

Up through 24, I have you as peripheral to the core of the game (mastin/Titan/RDB/CF/FoxHound). I also have you as having soft-pushed a bit on CF, but otherwise largely not taking stances on people within that group, instead focusing on Nacho/bork and GiF, and I have Orc having voted you (I think in response to one of those pushes, or as a reachout).

So, I guess a few things:

Have you taken more solid positions on that core group+APslot?

How do you feel about your interactions with Orc this game?
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by Kagura »

In post 1015, MastinSSK wrote:
In post 1012, AngryPidgeon wrote:Really mastin? My entry post was practically trust tell levels of town. Are we doing this right now?
No. We aren't. I'm past that point.

Like.

I really want to trust you.
Really want to believe you.
If not. If not trusting you. I want to enter into that debate.
Just so that at the end of it, I could go "Oh, fuck, he's actually town."
Really, really want to.

But I can't. Because...you're not. I want it to be true more than any other player, believe me. Yet...you aren't.

Like, normally, I'd give AP a day or two just on policy of AP being AP. Normally, I'd also be giving him that benefit of the doubt. Normally, I'd try hashing things out with him. Normally, I'd do a ton of stuff differently. But, well...I've never felt this way. That role reversal, of me being the one having seen the confscumness of a player, rather than being the player seen as confscum. Yet I know it's true. It simply...isn't the town AP. So this game, I'm the player who gets to say that line, that "You're scum, aren't you?" overwhelming feeling of sadness that the friend you know and respect is your enemy and you know they are.

Because it's true.
In post 1013, PeregrineV wrote:when you where scum as the birdinabath hydra, who did most of the posting? What did the QT look like?
AP's response is accurate; that game was mostly him, with little QT. But my read doesn't come from meta. (Okay, so past games may influence my overall perception, but they aren't driving it.) Not from that game or any other. My read comes from AP being AngryPidgeon, and everything I know about him is essentially saying that--while he's attempting to put on a strong show--this...just simply isn't his towngame.
You're missing drive to explain why AP is scum, though.

I'm okay with your read if you're willing to give me something and put words to explain it as well, or else you have things like my mollie read or your SSK read in Xenosaga.
Kagura Houyaisan - drinking until we forget our name
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 1500, Titan wrote:
In post 1497, Kagura wrote:
In post 1044, Titan wrote:But idk I kinda am "meh" about the rest of their posts, so irdk.
You're meh on the rest of out posts?

I was sort of hoping this could be the one game where we were so obviously town together where you didn't have to be paranoid off us, especially since bork has been killing it in the towniness department lately and I haven't been doing so badly myself.
I was super confused.

Then I looked back. That was Arthur.
I mean I'm not going to say that I don't have bits of paranoia where you guys are concerned. But I feel like this is a different bork from we the purple, and I've liked some of your posts. I do think that I'll feel like something is off if you're scum, but so far I haven't felt that, though I'm also concerned I'm in a bit of recalibration mode since me getting it wrong in Vesperia. I mean I got it right at the end and knew i fucked up, but it was too late so it doesn't really count.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by Kagura »

In post 1152, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:Don't really give a shit. Nati has basically checked out of the game because of RL and not wanting to read this shit. His last post was 676 (last Friday) and prior to that 441 (last Tuesday). And considering I didn't even intend to play this game, and
I'm the head that nobody is ever going to town read no matter what I do, I've lost interest in even attempting to look town here.

I want this group of players to burn with fucking fire: {AP, despbro, foxhound, PV, GIF}. And I've been wanting this for a while

If you really want to try and lynch me, despbro, I'll 1v1 you tomorrow
Where did this come from?
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

Just Sheep Us wrote:
In post 1495, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 1492, Just Sheep Us wrote:Yo ffery, is that you?
yep!
Woohoo! We haven't had a chance to connect this game.

First thing's first re: you.

Up through 24, I have you as peripheral to the core of the game (mastin/Titan/RDB/CF/FoxHound). I also have you as having soft-pushed a bit on CF, but otherwise largely not taking stances on people within that group, instead focusing on Nacho/bork and GiF, and I have Orc having voted you (I think in response to one of those pushes, or as a reachout).

So, I guess a few things:

Have you taken more solid positions on that core group+APslot?

How do you feel about your interactions with Orc this game?
I've been peripheral to the core of my usual life for the last month or so.

Titan, RDB, and now FoxHound are pretty strong townreads.

CF less so, but it could be from feeling like my overall play style is in a state of flux and F-16's meta-based questioning of me gives me the feeling that I need to stay within my usual envelope, but it doesn't FIT.

mastin was a pretty good town read for me to start, less so for beli. We're both growing more concerned.

I dunno maybe we're delusional but I have never seen ceph look as town on day 1 as he looks this game and beli agrees that he's town as fuck.

I have a mixed read on AP atm. I'll probably go into more detail after I reread the last few pages a dozen times.

I could get really paranoid about orcinus, but in our direct interactions I've felt like he's town. In the early game, orcinus usually votes people he wants to talk to, as a way of getting their attention. His vote didn't concern me, but his disappearance for a stretch afterwards bothered me a little.

I'm not really focusing on nacho/bork. I think they're town. I could get all miffed that they apparently aren't interested in working through reads with me, but I've been somewhat cagey about my reads while I'm getting my head more into the game, so maybe the lack of cooperation is a factor of my floating a little this game.
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 1505, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:CF less so, but it could be from feeling like my overall play style is in a state of flux and F-16's meta-based questioning of me gives me the feeling that I need to stay within my usual envelope, but it doesn't FIT.
Ffery, what do you mean by this?

Also, you said that you are concerned Nacho hasn't approached you with his reads but I see you haven't either. You had similar concerns with me early game. Do you generally prefer to be approached for comparing notes as opposed to pro-actively asking it of others?

~ F-16
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by Kagura »

Vote: PeregrineV

I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO WORK SO I AM GETTING DRUNK
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by Kagura »

BUT I ACTUALLY THINK DV MIGHT ACTUALLY BE TOWN
AND IM STILL NOT DONE READING BUT I ALSO LIED TO MY GIRLFRIEND ABOUT BEING CAUGHT UP
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by Kagura »

ALSO SHE THINKS BREAKFAST WITH STALIN IS A FUNNY NAME
I LIKED SCUMFUCK MORE
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

In post 1504, Kagura wrote:
In post 1152, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:Don't really give a shit. Nati has basically checked out of the game because of RL and not wanting to read this shit. His last post was 676 (last Friday) and prior to that 441 (last Tuesday). And considering I didn't even intend to play this game, and
I'm the head that nobody is ever going to town read no matter what I do, I've lost interest in even attempting to look town here.

I want this group of players to burn with fucking fire: {AP, despbro, foxhound, PV, GIF}. And I've been wanting this for a while

If you really want to try and lynch me, despbro, I'll 1v1 you tomorrow
Where did this come from?
This actually came from our hydra QT sorta. Muffin's so good as scum that people, regardless of how much obvtown he gives off, always air suspicions at him. I've seen it happen first-hand.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:51 pm

CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 1505, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:CF less so, but it could be from feeling like my overall play style is in a state of flux and F-16's meta-based questioning of me gives me the feeling that I need to stay within my usual envelope, but it doesn't FIT.

Also, you said that you are concerned Nacho hasn't approached you with his reads but I see you haven't either. You had similar concerns with me early game. Do you generally prefer to be approached for comparing notes as opposed to pro-actively asking it of others?

~ F-16
Your post is actually a pretty good example of what I mean. What I generally prefer doesn't matter. I'm outside the general preferences envelope this game. You're apparently trying to tailor your interactions with me to what you think I should expect. For, me that's not the stuff reads are made of. The dance isn't choreographed in advance.

And I've actually reached out to nacho at least a couple times and haven't gotten much if anything in response.
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by Kagura »

I was sort of hoping for Muffin's response to that one: you aren't interesting enough for me.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:52 pm

In post 1509, Kagura wrote:ALSO SHE THINKS BREAKFAST WITH STALIN IS A FUNNY NAME
I LIKED SCUMFUCK MORE
So did we!
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by Kagura »

In post 1511, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
CarbonFiber wrote:

~ F-16
Your post is actually a pretty good example of what I mean. What I generally prefer doesn't matter. I'm outside the general preferences envelope this game. You're apparently trying to tailor your interactions with me to what you think I should expect. For, me that's not the stuff reads are made of. The dance isn't choreographed in advance.

And I've actually reached out to nacho at least a couple times and haven't gotten much if anything in response.
I see your most recent reach out, and it will be answered.
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:54 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

You realize that was probably a muffin-pretending-to-be-nati post, right?
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:58 pm

In post 1509, Kagura wrote:I LIKED SCUMFUCK MORE
As I recall, your avatar said "Die, Scumfuck" at the time :(

But yeah, it was glorious for the one game where it lasted.
Just Sheep Us
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Just Sheep Us
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by Just Sheep Us »

So, ffery, given your current read-state, how to you view the narrative of mastin/Titan/RDB/CF/FoxHound/AP/myself based on your reads (i.e., who's doing what in terms of actions?)
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 1511, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Your post is actually a pretty good example of what I mean. What I generally prefer doesn't matter. I'm outside the general preferences envelope this game. You're apparently trying to tailor your interactions with me to what you think I should expect. For, me that's not the stuff reads are made of. The dance isn't choreographed in advance.

Actually, I've been doing the opposite of that. I mentioned earlier that I am not going to emulate what I did in previous games and refine my play to be as pro-town as I can and if it doesn't match expectations, then those expectations will have to shift. I am not sure how you got the exact opposite impression from what I am saying.

I am asking about your general preference because it seemed rather odd to ask why someone isn't comparing notes with you as opposed to just saying "
here are my reads, what are your thoughts?
" or just asking what I thought of player X etc. But, I can buy that staying aloof and waiting to see who approaches you helps you get reads on those players. Your preference matters because it will help in developing a read and to establish a baseline although I am going to see a few past games for this.

~ F-16
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Post by Kagura »

No.
I still don't really like Orc.
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by Kagura »

In post 1516, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:

It still does :(
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:04 pm

In post 1517, Just Sheep Us wrote:So, ffery, given your current read-state, how to you view the narrative of mastin/Titan/RDB/CF/FoxHound/AP/myself based on your reads (i.e., who's doing what in terms of actions?)
hellifino

I'm refining reads on the basis of the interactions, but I don't have an overarching narrative about it. Not yet, anyway.

I've gone back and forth a little with you guys and had you in my scumpile at one point, but have more of a townfeel now that you're interacting.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:05 pm

In post 1520, Kagura wrote:
In post 1516, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:

It still does :(
then we can blame you for that glorious name's demise.
Yukari Yakumo
Yukari Yakumo
Goon
Yukari Yakumo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by Yukari Yakumo »

But I made that avi for nacho :(
Svenskt Stål (12:21) you are pur evil hell spawn
Modding Account.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:10 pm

In post 1518, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 1511, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Your post is actually a pretty good example of what I mean.
What I generally prefer doesn't matter. I'm outside the general preferences envelope this game.
You're apparently trying to tailor your interactions with me to what you think I should expect. For, me that's not the stuff reads are made of. The dance isn't choreographed in advance.

Actually, I've been doing the opposite of that. I mentioned earlier that I am not going to emulate what I did in previous games and refine my play to be as pro-town as I can and if it doesn't match expectations, then those expectations will have to shift. I am not sure how you got the exact opposite impression from what I am saying.

I am asking about your general preference because it seemed rather odd to ask why someone isn't comparing notes with you as opposed to just saying "
here are my reads, what are your thoughts?
" or just asking what I thought of player X etc. But, I can buy that staying aloof and waiting to see who approaches you helps you get reads on those players. Your preference matters because it will help in developing a read and to establish a baseline although I am going to see a few past games for this.

~ F-16
Good luck with that. I just said in the post that prompted your inquiries that my usual envelope doesn't FIT. You may find some signs of change in some recently completed games. I really don't know. I haven't been happy with results lately. Something needs fixing.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

In post 1524, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Good luck with that. I just said in the post that prompted your inquiries that my usual envelope doesn't FIT. You may find some signs of change in some recently completed games. I really don't know. I haven't been happy with results lately. Something needs fixing.
I think I misunderstood your posts. I assumed that you were saying that my play doesn't fit the usual envelope as opposed to
your
play but that makes a lot more sense now.

I wanted to know whether your being observational/hands off this game is intentional, and if so what is the purpose of it? And how you got the impression of tailoring my game to expectations when I said I wouldn't?

I am also not asking you to stay within your usual envelope. When I am seeing differences, I am enquiring about them to make sure I understand the reasons for the deviation.

~ F-16

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”