Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by Kagura »

In post 1625, Titan wrote:Okay in what way is mastin town your rock?
I posted it about it earlier, but that's the one read I've felt pretty good about.

Sec.

-b
Kagura Houyaisan - drinking until we forget our name
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by Kagura »

In post 623, Kagura wrote:
CF wrote:The other reason is Bork's read. Bork, are you still solidifying your town read on Mastin or are you sure about it? Can you explain your reasons for me? If town who should I be looking at instead? You mentioned Post 164 as very town. Can you elaborate on that? Also, what are your reads on Rancid and Breakfast so far? I am also having trouble reading Clyton because I was taking a much more different approach to the game that he was. Can you explain your townread there more in depth?
re: mastin. Still solidifying, but I'd call it considerably left of null at this point. Mastin is one of a few players I try to read tonally more than interaction-y (this is partially due to the fact that she has rarely been alive late in games I've been in), and that is one of the few cases where I'm actually hopeful that introducing meta isn't going to totally fuck me over like it does when I try to meta shit like activity level or post length.

Look at Open 505. I fucked the read here up for a time but the way I recall getting back on track on it was reading another game. She achieves what I described to Nacho in the hydra QT for this game as the 'pinnacle of self-awareness' as town where she just gets a really good indication on how town is going to react to her continued survival and decides whether or not it is pro-town to behave in a certain way.

Compare to like Walking Dead - best described really as more straight laced and motivated by survivalism when attacked rather than keeping the gamestate healthy, as she was in 505. Maybe better defined as the lack of what I'm seeing in the other game I linked (which I recall is kinda what was on my mind when I voted her)

Anyway for this game, and the reason I pointed to 164 in particular - that seed of "I know what I'm doing sounds good to me and I'm calling out the flak I'm gonna take for it before I say it but I really do need to say it" is there, and is indicative of Mastin town. I feel like Mastin scum just wouldn't make posts where she needed to follow them up with posts like 164 at all.

(Apologize if I screwed up gender pronouns in there but I think I got em all.)

re: other slots you asked me about: I need to scour RBD (fucking read that as Rainbow Dash every time) just cause I tend not to do more than skim the rhyme posts.

I also need to think a little bit more about ffery outside of her interaction with me this game. I like her candor (such as about being able to fool me and talking about why she does what she does), but that is really all I have. Outside of what I summarized in #423 which I fucked up the execution of (and her pointing this out is actually a bit town, now that I think about it), #427 is maybe the only post that caused me to do a double take so far since it retroactively applies reasoning for a thing that she can't demonstrate was actually her intent, but I don't see any real sinister goal with that.

Apparently I have a minor town lean on her after considering everything I just typed. Less so than mastinslot.

-b
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by Breakfast With Sandy »

In post 1618, Kagura wrote:
In post 1617, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:beli is scumreading him.
Do you know why?

mastin-town has kinda been my rock this game.

I do think her gladiator strat is crap, but I don't know. On one hand, me and meta are a fucking disaster.
On the other, like in walking dead I really felt I fucking knew it and just couldn't qualify and then too much of my time got caught up in soft defending metal sonic because metal sonic

-b
Yeah the why is pretty much summed up in post
User formerly known as Sc*mf*ck.
Hydra of fferylt and Belisarius; clever signature line to be decided later
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by Kagura »

I can't parse what is scummy about that

-b
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Yaaa, mastin is either scum or channeling House Party mastin this game. I suspect the latter, but either way.
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by Kagura »

In post 1630, AngryPidgeon wrote:Yaaa, mastin is either scum or channeling House Party mastin this game. I suspect the latter, but either way.
Either way what?
Was he town in house party?

-b
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by Kagura »

she*

sorry

-b
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:51 pm

In post 1618, Kagura wrote:
In post 1617, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:beli is scumreading him.
Do you know why?

mastin-town has kinda been my rock this game.

I do think her gladiator strat is crap, but I don't know. On one hand, me and meta are a fucking disaster.
On the other, like in walking dead I really felt I fucking knew it and just couldn't qualify and then too much of my time got caught up in soft defending metal sonic because metal sonic

-b
Ok I can't mobile so no quote cutting. Or apparently overriding shit autocorrect .

I hate mastin's attitude towards F/H and the logical fallacy that is painting Ceph's attitude towards her lynchability as independent of gamestate. The townmastin I know is smarter than that and I don't think mastin actually believes that harseshit this game, but false face must hide what false heart doth know .

Ffery is probably the only reason I havenae been lynched for dead wood pages ago, so I'll not vote mastin without her leave, but I'M WORKING ON IT.

I want to correctly lynch an ace of mastin's caliber so bad it's like I haven't peed in a month, though. I MUST HAVE THIS.

--DrunkBeli
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 1626, Kagura wrote:
I posted it about it earlier, but that's the one read I've felt pretty good about.

Sec.

-b
I don't really see why. I mean I saw your reasoning why, but I don't really follow.

And regardless, even if I thought mastin was strongly town this game, I'd in no way understand why he'd be someone's rock.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:52 pm

In post 1629, Kagura wrote:I can't parse what is scummy about that

-b
It didn't give me quite the same level of scumvibe, but I think that's because of xenosaga. there are some parallels between ceph's reads in the early game here and his day 1 in xenosaga, but ceph is a consummate scum player. I think it's actually more of a heartfelt townie thing that scum-ceph would avoid so soon after that game.

I wish I knew whether nacho is sheeping me or if he genuinely is townreading ceph.

his PV vote worries me too, but all of that pretty much fades in the blinding town light that you've been pouring over the gamescape.

p-edit your avatar is adorable.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by Titan »

*she'd
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Post by Kagura »

it is 2014 and my wireless network just went down one sec
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:56 pm

In post 1637, Kagura wrote:it is 2014 and my wireless network just went down one sec
Must...resist....perverted...comment
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Beli, where are you at with your reads on Rancid and AP?

~ F-16
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:59 pm

Post by Kagura »

In post 1635, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:It didn't give me quite the same level of scumvibe, but I think that's because of xenosaga. there are some parallels between ceph's reads in the early game here and his day 1 in xenosaga, but ceph is a consummate scum player. I think it's actually more of a heartfelt townie thing that scum-ceph would avoid so soon after that game.
Are we talking about mastin or ceph?

-b (I was gonna stop signing for the night considering nacho isn't around but fuck that, ISO clarity for posterity)

that rhymes
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:01 pm

In post 1640, Kagura wrote:
In post 1635, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:It didn't give me quite the same level of scumvibe, but I think that's because of xenosaga. there are some parallels between ceph's reads in the early game here and his day 1 in xenosaga, but ceph is a consummate scum player. I think it's actually more of a heartfelt townie thing that scum-ceph would avoid so soon after that game.
Are we talking about mastin or ceph?

-b (I was gonna stop signing for the night considering nacho isn't around but fuck that, ISO clarity for posterity)

that rhymes
This game has had an incredible amount of spontaneous verse. I approve.

It's mastin's ceph read that troubles me most. So...yes?
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by Kagura »

In post 1634, Titan wrote:And regardless, even if I thought mastin was strongly town this game, I'd in no way understand why he'd be someone's rock.
I am possibly being hyperbolic.

But I feel like mastin feels, well, 'flat' (sorry to use such a loaded word after that whole thing) as scum or gets defensive or tunnels or something else opaque and distracting and doesn't really absorb the gamestate.

Her play here strongly feels like absorbing the gamestate and radiating thoughts on it.

goddamn now I'm using tales of the abyss lingo.

I really don't know how better to put it. I'm endeavoring to listen to dissenting opinions but you aren't giving any reasons.

-b

p-edit: I am having trouble discerning where beli's read ends and your commentary on it begins.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:12 pm

In post 1642, Kagura wrote:p-edit: I am having trouble discerning where beli's read ends and your commentary on it begins.
then I'll leave it for beli to expound upon his read. It's a point of mild dissonance for us.
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:17 pm

In post 1639, CarbonFiber wrote:Beli, where are you at with your reads on Rancid and AP?

~ F-16
Rancid town and amusing as fuck.

I dunno about AP. I've been fooled before, but I can't decide on paranoia alone. You might say I have...

Bats in my Beliffery.

*shades*
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

In post 1580, Titan wrote:I've also realized that if mastin and the rancid pirates are town then the scum team has made a deviation from my last several games from attacking me for weird reasons and are instead calling me town. (Though the attack by those two was fucking weird.). IF that's the case then I'm not sure how to distinguish right now between town recognizing me as town and scum calling me town because that's what they're supposed to do. It's fucking with my head to start looking cross eyed at people calling me town.
Do what you're supposed to be doing anyway: look at their reasons for having done so and realize some don't add up.
In post 1581, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 1580, Titan wrote:I'm not sure what to make of diplomatic broseidon.
OH MY GOD WAIT HAS BROSEIDON STARTED BEING DIPLOMATIC
Eh, I wouldn't say he has or that it's truly a scumtell from him, but I approve of the vote anyway.
In post 1584, Mac wrote:
mastin wrote:I'm trying to remember a time you tunnelfucked someone like this and weren't scum.
Plenty of games. I've also had plenty of scumgames where I didn't tunnel. I'm lazy, though. Suffice to say, tunneling wouldn't be a scumtell; it's an indicator of my mental health, not my rolecard.

That said, Fox/Hound isn't tunneling. It's just that their posting is...well, flat. Hollow. Empty. Without heart. There are elements there, sure, yeah, but said elements look like a fakery of the real thing rather than being the real thing. If I thought they could be town, I'd express it. I don't.
In post 1588, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:I have a bunch of townreads of various strengths atm, but only 1 other candidate for townbloc. Possibly 2. I need a little more data.
I'd like to point out that the lack of readslist from you is a bit concerning.
In post 1605, Titan wrote:*twitch*
I did have this reaction to 1603.

Bork's posting kinda sorta pinged me, and I think it was that he has me as basically the foundation of his townreads. But for some reason, in spite of the sudden paranoia, I'm leaning town there anyway.
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by Kagura »

In post 1645, MastinSSK wrote:Bork's posting kinda sorta pinged me, and I think it was that he has me as basically the foundation of his townreads. But for some reason, in spite of the sudden paranoia, I'm leaning town there anyway.
...what?

-b
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by Kagura »

Like am I actually fucking off the mark?

-b
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:27 pm

In post 1647, Kagura wrote:Like am I actually fucking off the mark?

-b

Must...resist...perverted...comment
Kagura
Kagura
Goon
Kagura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by Kagura »

oh by all means, give in

-b
Breakfast With Sandy
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Breakfast With Sandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:31 pm

In post 1644, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:Bats in my Beliffery.
I've been anticipating this pun

all

gameday

long

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”