Newbie 342: CHAOS in Peaceville - Game Over - who won?

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by Drunky McDrinksalot »

Confirmed!
Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 ft/sec, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:50 am

Hello everyone, and a happy Scum day to MM!

Vote - zePPeLiN
... for random voting the person that I wanted to random vote[/sulk].
Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 ft/sec, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:33 am

I can get down with that
Vote Alasdair
. Wow, just wow... This would be vote number 3... Even though there is little to no chance in hell that Alasdair isn't scum, we still need to let him say
something
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:40 am

I agree with you Mr S, but of course that means that people do need to post (I am just as guilty as the rest of the town here). No one really seems to want to post anything as they are waiting for the scum to make another mistake, which I doubt is going to happen today. At this point I almost wish someone would just hammer and get the day over with as I think that the well of info will be rather dry now that Alasdair has completely outed himself.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:15 am

Agreed.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:36 am

yeah, well, poop. How long do you suppose it will be till we can get a replacement?
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:01 am

Wow, that was a quick night... hmm... I need to reread to see if there is anything from yesterday worth following up on... I'll post more later.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:06 pm

Hey all, I'm finally sober after 3 days of celebration (today is my birthday, so I had to get drunk over the weekend, and did I ever... ;-} ).

First off, I think I am in accord with DeathSauce about Peter not being scum, but I don't want to rule out the possibility. For a scum to false claim a cop on day one, they would have to out a scum if they wanted to live. Now if Alasdair was just hoping to get a one for one trade, then yeah, Peter is cleared, but I am having trouble believing that someone would actually do that.

I don't, however understand thinking that Norinel was trying to buddy up to you. I really don't see where you are getting that from. There seems to be (to me) no reason at all for your vote, and the attack in general seems just a little suspicious. Not much, but enough to mention.

The person that I think is acting the most suspicious right now would be zep. Since the day has started he seems to be flailing about. His interactions with Venkman especially get my spidey-sense going. He points to Norinel as being the most suspicious (post 62), yet attacks Peter for thinking the same thing (post 63). He continues to spread suspicion on Norinel in the post that he votes for DeathSauce ((who presumably he voted for only because he replaced DMLF and therefore couldn't explain DMLF's attacks from day one) post 65). When DeathSauce answers his questions and gave a rebuttal (post 66), he states that the question wasn't answered and ignores the rebuttal. Post 67 bothers me a great deal:
zePPiLiN wrote:
DeathSauce wrote:It was obvious that Alasdair was scum and I would have been happy to hammer, but I thought I'd ask a question and see if I got a response first. By the time I checked back into the thread, Peter had done the honors.
I dont understand why you have to ask why not to hammer some one who is blatently scum.
DeathSauce wrote:Zep, less than three hours ago you said it was kind of early in Day 2 to vote, now you vote for me. Seems kinda inconsistent.
Well when i went back and saw the evidence leading to my vote, i knew i had a valid reason to place that vote. Unlike Peter who just said that Norinel is on top of his scum list. Im not being inconsistent, i just didnt see any reason to vote so early, but then i found my reason.

Please elaberate on why you decided to ask why you should vote on scum rather than just vote on him, instead of attacking my motives.
Italics and bolding added by me.

Italics
- Here he once again tries to cast suspicion on Peter without actually talking about him. He says that his (zep's) vote is sound as he found valid reason which he claims Peter never had. In truth though, this vote is just as flimsy as Peter's first vote was, so this is very inconsistent.

Bolding
- Here he ignores Death's answer completely and basically says that questioning his (zep's) motives is not permissible.

I am going to
VOTE - zep
. This puts him at -1 to lynch.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #8) » Wed May 02, 2007 4:05 pm

Where did everybody go?!?!
DeathSauce wrote:Can you elaborate a little on your thinking about Peter? I don't want to announce someone as cleared if I am missing something crucial.
I just don't want to rule out any possibility until I've seen proof (ie:Cop's results) for
anybody
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #9) » Fri May 04, 2007 9:22 pm

A - But for seriously, we needs to get some prods.
B - I am sorely underwhelmed by Zep's last post.
C -
DeathSauce wrote:
zePPeLiN wrote: Ive explained why i voted
Yeah, the sum total of which appears to be: "The guy that was here before did a bunch of suspicious stuff" which, by the way, is completely unverifiable because of the lost data.

That being said, I still don't get the sense that you are scum. Your posts seem pro-town to me.

So that leaves Drunky and Norinel.

Let's take a look at Drunky-
Even though there is little to no chance in hell that Alasdair isn't scum, we still need to let him say
something.
This
could
be trying to plant a small seed of doubt about Alasdair's scumminess.
At this point I almost wish someone would just hammer and get the day over with as I think that the well of info will be rather dry now that Alasdair has completely outed himself.
Seems pretty confident the scum are going to clam up, could also be interpreted as telling Alasdair not to say anything else stupid.
Wow, that was a quick night... hmm... I need to reread to see if there is anything from yesterday worth following up on... I'll post more later.
I would think that with only one scum left, the Night would be over pretty quick, I'm not sure how long they usually take. It just seems like an odd thing to mention.

Another thing to consider is that Drunky was doing quite a bit of lurking (9 days) between the random voting period and the time Alasdair outed himself, only after that did he become actively involved.

FoS: Drunky McDrinksalot
Your first quote shows where I wanted him to continue interacting with us, hoping that he might out his buddy. That was obviously not the case.

Your second quote is something that was echoed by more than just me. At this time, the only way that we would get any more info out of the scum would be for them to be horribly stupid, which I really just didn't see happening again.

Your assumption about the third quote is flawed. It is true that there is only one mafia left, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a doc or a cop. My comment was about the fact that if they (mafia, cop, and doc) were in the game, then they were all very prompt with their night choices.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #10) » Tue May 08, 2007 10:26 am

confirm vote - zep

If you can't at least muster
some
kind of defence from my post and are content to basically say "I've said all I need to, vote me or don't", then I think you are a prime canidate for today's lynch. You say you have explained your vote, yet that wasn't nearly all I talked about when I voted for you. You are doing to me what you did to DeathSauce, you are choosing to ignore our questions/concerns completely.

And it's not just my post I was expecting you to respond to, as DeathSauce points out that you misrepresented him in the post where you ignored his questions to you.
DeathSauce wrote:I also want to point out something I just noticed in your bolded quote from Zep above. Zep asks "Please elaberate on why you decided to ask why you should vote on scum rather than just vote on him..." which is a minor misrepresentation of what I said. I asked if there was any reason NOT to vote Alasdair, not for reasons why I should vote for him. A small matter but still...
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #11) » Tue May 08, 2007 10:37 am

ebwodp - Dag, yo... Stupid submit button, I thought I was going to preview, anywho...
zep wrote:unvote

Ive been reading what DeathSauce has been saying and hes very pro town with his posts. I shouldn't have judged him off DLFM's play. I think DLFM was just out for me and I took it personal. I guess we just have to wait for the others to pick up their prods or wait for replacments.
Your last post also seems scummy to me for a couple of reasons. First, you admit that the whole basis for the vote was OMGUS that was held over from the previous person. The other reason has to do with what you have previously said:
zePPeLiN wrote:You can't just ignore a previous players actions when his replacement comes.
Once again showing inconsistencies.

Right now I think that you are easily the best candidate and my vote stays.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #12) » Fri May 11, 2007 8:23 am

Zep wrote:You are trying to manipulate my logic. I did think DeathSauce was suspicious , because of DLFM's play. Then i read what he was saying and he seemed townie.
I am not manipulating your logic, I am pointing out inconsitencies.
zep wrote:Also the only reason i restated my question was because.:

DeathSauce wrote:
It was obvious that Alasdair was scum and I would have been happy to hammer, but I thought I'd ask a question and see if I got a response first.

This seems like he is dodging my question with a blunt answer..i asked to see if i get a responce. Where is the reason behind the question?
You may say that now, but at the time all you did was ignore him and lash out for him questioning you. And how is he 'dodging with a blunt answer'? That doesn't even make sense. If he is giving a 'blunt' answer, then he couldn't have dodged your question (and he didn't dodge your question, he answered it). I don't really know what you mean by "where is the reason behind the question?" That was what I wanted to know about your re-questioning him without answering him.

I personally feel that the most scummy person is zep, and Nor is not anywhere near as scummy as zep to me. Nor, as has been pointed out by DeathSauce, hasn't
really
posted enough to get a very good read on him yet. If Nor
had
voted without giving some sort of reasoning, then I would have highly suspected him. I think that the way that he did it was not scummy. I happen to agree with his points in his last post, esp:
Nor wrote:And again, you're trying to act like there's a much stronger case against me than there actually is. The argument you're trying to use on me directing suspicion towards the only other obvious target is even better applied to you, I think. One or two people have mentioned that they're kind of suspicious, and you're trying to turn it into me struggling for my life against astounding and brilliant arguments.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #13) » Mon May 14, 2007 3:13 am

[rant]Ok, this is very unproductive. We are on a deadline here folks, and while it isn't for a while, that doesn't mean that we can just sit around and wait for it to hit us. Also note that if we can pick up the activity the deadline might go away (which I would love, less mistakes are made when you aren't being timed). I want to see some activity here, and soon. If there are no meaningful posts on here by tomorrow, expect a list of questions from me to each of you, possibly filled with snarky remarks that I
fully
expect to be answered in detail or I will be campaigning for prods/replacements. Please play this game![/rant]
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #14) » Mon May 14, 2007 4:37 pm

Peter Venkman wrote:So... your vote appears to be an OMGUS vote, leaving Drunk or me to hammer. Do you 100% think Norinel is scum? If not, do you feel you have enough information to pick the scum correctly day three?

-Peter
Well, no, actually. That just leaves
you
to hammer, as I have already pointed out that I find zep far more scummy than nor, and definitely won't be moving my vote from him for the lackluster case zep has brought forth.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #15) » Thu May 17, 2007 8:37 am

Pete, I do share your frustration, I really do, as that is what has driven me to not bother coming here the past day and a half or so. I'm glad to see that activity did indeed pick up, but not from the people that I actually wanted to see posting. I really don't think Nor is scum, but I refuse to stand up for someone that won't even bother showing up to the game for 5 days when he has the most pressure on him. If he is your choice for today, then by all means hammer. If your gut is right, then cool, good game, if not, then I'll (hopefully) see you guys tomorrow.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #16) » Fri May 18, 2007 9:39 am

I am not against them getting replaced, but I have some reservations that I don't really want to share, as I would rather not have whoever replaces them see them before posting...
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #17) » Thu May 24, 2007 6:40 am

Actually I didn't have an innocent on Nor, but I
was
trying to breadcrumb that I did. My night one investigation was on Mr. Stoofer. I didn't see any reason that he should be the target night one, so I was a bit frustrated by that... My suspicions were that if zep wasn't scum it was either nor or peter, which is why I put up a fuss about not auto clearing him. If nor had been the scum, I was hoping to live through the night night by defending him all day. If peter was the scum, I was hoping he might slip up and incriminate himself when I was dismissing the nor case. Meh, it was all moot anyhow, as I was the night choice. good game Pete, you deserved the win.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”