Newbie 342: CHAOS in Peaceville - Game Over - who won?

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 3:35 am

Post by DeathSauce »

My opinion is clear. I wasn't even satisfied with Norinel's answer that satisfied you a page or two back.

Drunky's position is clear, he is convinced that Zep is scum and his vote won't change. That makes me think he is town, because if he was scum I believe he would have hammered Norinel.

So we're pretty much waiting on you. If you vote Zep, Norinel will hammer. If you vote Norinel, he dies.

So let's pick one
zePPeLiN
zePPeLiN
Townie
zePPeLiN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 3:54 am

Post by zePPeLiN »

@Norinel> Please state who you think is town or scum and why.
The rest of us have allready stated our opinions.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 4:10 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

I wrote:Do you 100% think XXX is scum? If not, do you feel you have enough information to pick the scum correctly day three?
This question applies to me also. I don't share your confidence, and am not anywhere
near
certain of
anyone's
role. The arguments against Zep and Norinel are
weak at best
. Even if one of them is scum, we have a 50% chance of getting it right. If we pick wrong, we hardly have 6 pages to work with on day three.

In summary, I don't feel the town has the advantage right now. I was hoping to get something a little more from Norinel, but it appears he has clammed up. I am
not
satisfied with his answers to my question in Post 109.

I've said it before, but I don't play this game to rely on pure luck.

If pressed by the deadline, I will hammer Norinel, only because he is the highest on my suspicious list.

I am also a little weirded out over Drunky's nitpick. I (snarkily, and teasingly) asked him to post his questions (that he claimed he had) but instead he replied with a weird "My vote is on Zep and I ain't budgin'" I don't mean to cast suspicion on him, I'm just a little annoyed, and want to hear more.

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 4:54 am

Post by DeathSauce »

I am also a little weirded out over Drunky's nitpick. I (snarkily, and teasingly) asked him to post his questions (that he claimed he had) but instead he replied with a weird "My vote is on Zep and I ain't budgin'" I don't mean to cast suspicion on him, I'm just a little annoyed, and want to hear more.

I think it was pretty obvious that you were teasingly asking that question, so it doesn't surprise me that he didn't address it. I think it's another point in his favor that he was trying to force the discussion forward.
I've said it before, but I don't play this game to rely on pure luck.

If pressed by the deadline, I will hammer Norinel, only because he is the highest on my suspicious list.
And you also said at the beginning of this Day, that you vote the top of your suspicion list.

I am not pretending that I am certain about anyone. I have to say I'm not really impressed with Zep's reaction (none) to my saying he is number 2 on my suspicion list, and that doesn't help his case.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 7:49 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

That is true. Usually I just plop a vote on my most suspicious. I voted earlier on Norinel like that.

However, I am not completely certain he is scum. Because I have doubts, I'm looking at what Day 3 might look like, and I can't find any reason to believe it will be a logical choice. Rather, I think if Norinel or Zep is lynched, the Scum player certainly will leave the other alive, leaving the remaining players an obvious target. Therefor I will not hammer this soon.

We havn't put pressure on everyone in this game. We have a
pathetic
six pages to work from. You yourself have said you aren't certain Norinel is scum.

I
just want some more posts
. Me being patient has
absolutely no negative effect on the town
, why are you pressuring me like this?

IGMEOY DeathSauce.

-Peter
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 9:04 am

Post by DeathSauce »

I am not trying to pressure you, I am merely pointing out the realities of this game.

1) Drunky seems convinced Zep is scum and has said he will not be swayed
2) Norinel is reluctant to vote for anyone
3) Zep has not changed position and says "has already stated (his) opinions"
4) I am convinced that you and Drunky are town and that Norinel or Zeppelin must be the final scum.

So, your hope of more informative posts seems like an empty one. I also am looking at what Day Three might look like, but I hope we don't have to worry about it as we'll lynch the remaining scum today. Game over, we win.

I am still trying to go over the implications of this quote:
I think if Norinel or Zep is lynched, the Scum player certainly will leave the other alive, leaving the remaining players an obvious target.
I will go over the combinations of how it could play out if I am wrong, to make sure I'm not missing something, and get back to the thread.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 10:31 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Yeah, my phrasing there is a little awkward. It is supposing
you
are scum: It would be a smart move for scum to have two suspicious players (Norinel and Zep), lynch one, than Day Three say "oops, it must be the one that is still alive!"

Please, understand that my questioning here is more of a safe-guard. In the event that we do mis-lynch, I want the town to have more information to work with.

-Peter
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

...and Norinel hasn't posted for five days. I think you might be right Death, my little "lets get some more posts" rally is going to be a miserable failure.

I would like to at least hear from Drunky again before ending Day 2.

-Peter
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

It's time for the fifth vote count of the day!

2 - Norinel (DeathSauce, zePPeLiN)
1 - zePPeLiN (Drunky McDrinksalot)

Not Voting: Norinel, Peter Venkman

Remember with 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch
The end justifies the means.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 3:35 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Yeah, my phrasing there is a little awkward. It is supposing
you
are scum
Okay, that makes sense. You are right, that would be a very clever strategy. All I can tell you is that it isn't the case in this game. I've laid out why I think you and Drunky are pro-town and that's why I think the reamining scum must be Norinel or Zeppelin, that is the extent of my strategizing.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 7:30 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Death, I sincerely appreciate the fact that you have been checking this thread regularly.

I don't think the other three are even playing this game anymore. Given the complete lack of activity, I'm forced to vote with my gut.

If no one has posted by 11pm central time I will be hammering Norinel. I'm tired of refreshing this game and finding no new posts.

-Peter
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 8:37 am

Post by Drunky McDrinksalot »

Pete, I do share your frustration, I really do, as that is what has driven me to not bother coming here the past day and a half or so. I'm glad to see that activity did indeed pick up, but not from the people that I actually wanted to see posting. I really don't think Nor is scum, but I refuse to stand up for someone that won't even bother showing up to the game for 5 days when he has the most pressure on him. If he is your choice for today, then by all means hammer. If your gut is right, then cool, good game, if not, then I'll (hopefully) see you guys tomorrow.
Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 ft/sec, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 9:44 am

Post by DeathSauce »

I've gone over the thread a few more times and I really wish we had some more input from Norinel. It might make things easier today.

Regarding Zeppelin, I've been re-reading this post and I don't like it much.

Basically he says that he and Norinel have the most suspicion aimed at them and accuses Norinel of trying to shift the majority of the suspicion onto him, but then at the end of his post puts Norinel at L-1. Seems like the pot calling the kettle black.

Maybe Drunky is on to something and we should consider lynching Zep first. Even though I think it's one or the other, I'd rather get it right on the first try.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2007 4:50 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

I've been re-reading Zep's posts, here are some quotes:
Zep wrote:I really hope you are scum, becuase if you are a townie and fake claiming cop you just screwd us.
At the time, I read this as Zep being uncertain Alas was scum, and was giving himself wiggle room in case it turned out Alas was town. Oh but wait:
Zep wrote:I dont understand why you have to ask why not to hammer some one who is blatently scum.
So... Zep is attacking someone for not insta-hammering, even though he expressed "reservations" about voting on Alas himself.
---
Here's another fun one:
Zep wrote:You can't just ignore a previous players actions when his replacement comes.
Zep wrote:Ive been reading what DeathSauce has been saying and hes very pro town with his posts. I shouldn't have judged him off DLFM's play.
---
To me, these seem like some pretty heavy contradictions. Zep appears to be trying to throw suspicion about, but it bites him in the ass every time.

Vote Zep

I'm more comfortable with a vote on Zep, as I think there is more posting evidence against him. Plus, if Norinel stops by
just
to hammer, it will make the possible Day Three vote pretty obvious...

-Peter
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 2:09 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Plus, if Norinel stops by just to hammer, it will make the possible Day Three vote pretty obvious...
Well I think you might have hurt our chances of that happening, but I have to say I'm not sure it was likely to begin with.

I'll hold off until the afternoon and see if any of the rest of the gang stops by with anything to say.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 7:45 am

Post by DeathSauce »

This is extremely dissatisfying. We still have time before the deadline.

MOD: Please prod Zeppelin and Norinel.

@Peter and Drunky: If they do not respond would you like to see them replaced or should we just lynch them for not participating?
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 9:39 am

Post by Drunky McDrinksalot »

I am not against them getting replaced, but I have some reservations that I don't really want to share, as I would rather not have whoever replaces them see them before posting...
Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 ft/sec, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

I think Zep still could become active. Norinel clearly isn't here and hasn't been for a while.

I think a lynch for "not participating" is a poor choice at this crucial point in the game. However, I put my vote on Zep because I feel he has done some scummy things. If you don't feel he is scummy and want to wait, than by all means wait.

-Peter
zePPeLiN
zePPeLiN
Townie
zePPeLiN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 11:21 am

Post by zePPeLiN »

Im still here, I actually check like 5-6 times a day to see the progress. I just cant really think of anything to say. Every time i try to say something, i incriminate myself even more, witch is bad for the town. But not posting is incriminating towards me also.. so im kind of at a lose-lose situation. I been reading the evidence against me, and though it is pretty weak, i can see how you might come to that conclusion. I guess im just a bad townie or a sloppy scum. im trying not to turn this into a WIFOM post. Im just afraid that if you do lynch me tonight, then you will draw a straight conclusion towards Norinel the next day, or the other way around.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Man, just when I thought it couldn't get worse. This game sucks, to be honest. What the hell kind of player says something like "I guess im just a bad townie or a sloppy scum. "

You are not leaving me much choice here!

I have had it.

Vote: zePPeLiN

I hope to Christ you are the final scum and we can end this travesty.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2007 2:18 pm

It's time for the final vote count of the day:

3 - zePPeLiN (Drunky McDrinksalot, Peter Venkman, DeathSauce)

1 - Norinel (zePPeLiN)

Not Voting: Norinel

After the second of deliberation, the town has made their decision that zePPeLiN should be lynched. After everyone seeing zePPeLiN's death, sadness arises from the identification of zePPeLiN as an innocent townie...

zePPeLiN, townie, lynched Day 2

It is now Night 2. Send in night choices by 9 PM EST on Monday, May 21st, 2007, which is about 72 hours from now.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2007 8:54 pm

After another night, everyone gathers in the morning to see if anyone has disappeared. A head count shows that now only 3 of you are alive, and after identifying who are still alive, you all conclude that Drunky McDrinksalot is dead...

Drunky McDrinksalot, Cop, killed Night 2

It is now Day 3. With 3 alive it takes 2 to lynch!
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2007 2:39 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Drunky was the Cop?

I re-read his posts to see if he left any kind of breadcrumb for us, and I don't see that he cleared anyone, or suspected anyone other than Zep. So that is fairly unhelpful.

Anyway, I am still suspicious of Norinel, but will withhold a vote until discussion picks up.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2007 5:16 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

I hate to Meta-Game here...

But if you click Norinel's profile and "list all posts by player" you will notice he has been pretty active in other games.

This leads me to believe he is actively choosing to lurk.

Vote Norinel

...or you have played a really great scum game Death. If so, my hat is off to you. I'll check back to this thread in about two hours.

-Peter
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2007 6:03 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Nope, I'm not scum. If you are, I will be astounded and impressed as well.

vote: Norinel

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”