Newbie 342: CHAOS in Peaceville - Game Over - who won?

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2007 9:56 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Unfortunately there's
not
anything else to go on. I'm trying to spark conversation by making accusations and guaging people's responses.

If no one does anything the scum can just lurk. If no one does anything this game will be abandoned.

Your response satisfies me.

Seriously everyone, lets actually play this game.

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2007 10:26 am

Post by Drunky McDrinksalot »

confirm vote - zep

If you can't at least muster
some
kind of defence from my post and are content to basically say "I've said all I need to, vote me or don't", then I think you are a prime canidate for today's lynch. You say you have explained your vote, yet that wasn't nearly all I talked about when I voted for you. You are doing to me what you did to DeathSauce, you are choosing to ignore our questions/concerns completely.

And it's not just my post I was expecting you to respond to, as DeathSauce points out that you misrepresented him in the post where you ignored his questions to you.
DeathSauce wrote:I also want to point out something I just noticed in your bolded quote from Zep above. Zep asks "Please elaberate on why you decided to ask why you should vote on scum rather than just vote on him..." which is a minor misrepresentation of what I said. I asked if there was any reason NOT to vote Alasdair, not for reasons why I should vote for him. A small matter but still...
Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 ft/sec, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2007 10:37 am

ebwodp - Dag, yo... Stupid submit button, I thought I was going to preview, anywho...
zep wrote:unvote

Ive been reading what DeathSauce has been saying and hes very pro town with his posts. I shouldn't have judged him off DLFM's play. I think DLFM was just out for me and I took it personal. I guess we just have to wait for the others to pick up their prods or wait for replacments.
Your last post also seems scummy to me for a couple of reasons. First, you admit that the whole basis for the vote was OMGUS that was held over from the previous person. The other reason has to do with what you have previously said:
zePPeLiN wrote:You can't just ignore a previous players actions when his replacement comes.
Once again showing inconsistencies.

Right now I think that you are easily the best candidate and my vote stays.
Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 ft/sec, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.
zePPeLiN
zePPeLiN
Townie
zePPeLiN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2007 11:52 am

Post by zePPeLiN »

You are trying to manipulate my logic. I did think DeathSauce was suspicious , because of DLFM's play. Then i read what he was saying and he seemed townie.Also the only reason i restated my question was because.:
DeathSauce wrote:It was obvious that Alasdair was scum and I would have been happy to hammer, but I thought I'd ask a question and see if I got a response first.
This seems like he is dodging my question with a blunt answer..
i asked to see if i get a responce
. Where is the reason behind the question?
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

I think we are in a good situation here, we've got 6 players left and only one of them is scum. No matter what happens tonight the town has a pretty good shot at winning this game.

I don't think we can count on the remaining scum to do an Alasdair-style meltdown, and it doesn't appear that we have a cop, so we need to have some content to make judgements on.

So far Norinel has posted almost nothing worth commenting on. I am not sure why his most recent post "satisfies" you, Peter. Basically all he said was "Oops I counted wrong", which is something that we already knew. Then he pretty much writes "Talk about someone else". Sorry, but that does not satisfy me.
Show
[b]pickemgenius[/b] "DEEEEATTTTTTHSAUCE

MUST

DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2007 7:23 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

@Death>
Norinel wrote:Yes, that was a misremembering on my part. But you did put a vote on right after DeathSauce registered suspicion, which could be a matter of following any lead that people might go along with; I think that's what I'd confused.
This is pretty much what I thought happened, and I honestly had to re-read the thread just to make sure Norinel was the one getting the details mixed up, and not me.

Not much action was taking place, so I put a little pressure on Norinel. However, I'm not ready to put anyone at -1 to lynch. Day One was successful but left us with little information to use for Day Two. I don't want to repeat that trend.
DeathSauce wrote:it doesn't appear that we have a cop
By what logic have you arrived at this conclusion? I disagree, and wonder if this is a fishing trip.
DeathSauce wrote:No matter what happens tonight the town has a pretty good shot at winning this game.
Even so, this is no excuse to rush things. There are very few posts from all of us, and unless we get lucky tonight, day three will be incredibly hard for the two town players to come together. (I admit I could be mistaken here, as I am a newer player and find the endgame to still be a little tricky)

-Peter
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed May 09, 2007 3:06 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Day One was successful but left us with little information to use for Day Two. I don't want to repeat that trend.
I agree, which is why I posted above that we need content to base theories on.

DeathSauce wrote:
it doesn't appear that we have a cop

By what logic have you arrived at this conclusion? I disagree, and wonder if this is a fishing trip.
I'm an idiot. For some reason it didn't occur to me that the cop might have investigated an innocent townie in night one. I was stuck in the line of thought that the cop should come forward and announce that they had found the scum. I beg pardon. If there is a cop, please do not feel pressured to say anything.

I'm not trying to rush things, just trying to get some momentum rolling.
Show

MUST

DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 9:16 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Due to lack of activity recently and a request:

Flexible deadline at 8 PM EST on Thursday, May 24th, 2007

The deadline can be retracted if activity picks up.
The end justifies the means.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 12:50 pm

Post by Norinel »

I'd be up for a zep lynch, since he's been spending most of the game focusing on DLMF/DeathSauce for reasons that were basically lost in the crash and then replaced out.

A cop coming out with an innocent result would really only clear the claimed result unless there was a counterclaim. And we really shouldn't need nightgame info at this point, anyway.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

@Norinel>

If you are "up for a zep lynch" why didn't you vote on him?

Are you waiting for someone else to vote? If so, why?

Are you worried how you will be perceived if you put the second vote on someone? If so, why?

-Peter
zePPeLiN
zePPeLiN
Townie
zePPeLiN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 10:29 pm

Post by zePPeLiN »

Norinel wrote:I'd be up for a zep lynch, since he's been spending most of the game focusing on DLMF/DeathSauce for reasons that were basically lost in the crash and then replaced out.
Seems like me and you are the only ones that are being suspected by other players. It seems like DeathSauce and Peter are drawing more suspicion towards you, so you try to draw more suspicion towards me and hope people will jump on due to lack of activity.
zePPeLiN wrote:I did think DeathSauce was suspicious , because of DLFM's play. Then i read what he was saying and he seemed townie.
I dropped my suspicion of DeathSauce, and stated that i was wrong for suspecting him the way I did.

vote Norinel
puts him at -1 lynch.

Please dont hammer until he answers Peters Questions. Id like to see what he has to say.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2007 4:18 am

Post by Norinel »

Peter wrote:If you are "up for a zep lynch" why didn't you vote on him?
The deadline isn't for two weeks. Since there is a deadline at all, we need to at least turn the discussion towards a lynch of someone,
Are you waiting for someone else to vote? If so, why?
I'm not waiting for someone to vote, I'd like everyone to discuss the possible lynch targets.
Are you worried how you will be perceived if you put the second vote on someone? If so, why?
In the current situation, a second vote would be reasonable if it were backed up by some sort of evidence and/or discussion. At that point, I didn't feel zep had enough for me to do so, but it wasn't a matter of how anyone else would perceive it.
zep wrote:Seems like me and you are the only ones that are being suspected by other players. It seems like DeathSauce and Peter are drawing more suspicion towards you,
People keep acting like there's some sort of case against me, but nobody's actually made one except for that I didn't vote Alasdair at my first opportunity, the "buddying up" thing a little while back that's already been addressed, and me misremembering a point about the thread. None of those are anything close to signs of scumminess, but people just keep saying I'm suspicious. Why does anyone think I'm more likely to be scum anyone else?
Please dont hammer until he answers Peters Questions. Id like to see what he has to say.
And again, you're trying to act like there's a much stronger case against me than there actually is. The argument you're trying to use on me directing suspicion towards the only other obvious target is even better applied to you, I think. One or two people have mentioned that they're kind of suspicious, and you're trying to turn it into me struggling for my life against astounding and brilliant arguments.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2007 5:26 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

It's time for the fourth vote count of the day!

2 - Norinel (DeathSauce, zePPeLiN)
1 - zePPeLiN (Drunky McDrinksalot)

Not Voting: Norinel, Peter Venkman

Remember with 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch
The end justifies the means.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2007 8:23 am

Zep wrote:You are trying to manipulate my logic. I did think DeathSauce was suspicious , because of DLFM's play. Then i read what he was saying and he seemed townie.
I am not manipulating your logic, I am pointing out inconsitencies.
zep wrote:Also the only reason i restated my question was because.:

DeathSauce wrote:
It was obvious that Alasdair was scum and I would have been happy to hammer, but I thought I'd ask a question and see if I got a response first.

This seems like he is dodging my question with a blunt answer..i asked to see if i get a responce. Where is the reason behind the question?
You may say that now, but at the time all you did was ignore him and lash out for him questioning you. And how is he 'dodging with a blunt answer'? That doesn't even make sense. If he is giving a 'blunt' answer, then he couldn't have dodged your question (and he didn't dodge your question, he answered it). I don't really know what you mean by "where is the reason behind the question?" That was what I wanted to know about your re-questioning him without answering him.

I personally feel that the most scummy person is zep, and Nor is not anywhere near as scummy as zep to me. Nor, as has been pointed out by DeathSauce, hasn't
really
posted enough to get a very good read on him yet. If Nor
had
voted without giving some sort of reasoning, then I would have highly suspected him. I think that the way that he did it was not scummy. I happen to agree with his points in his last post, esp:
Nor wrote:And again, you're trying to act like there's a much stronger case against me than there actually is. The argument you're trying to use on me directing suspicion towards the only other obvious target is even better applied to you, I think. One or two people have mentioned that they're kind of suspicious, and you're trying to turn it into me struggling for my life against astounding and brilliant arguments.
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 3:13 am

[rant]Ok, this is very unproductive. We are on a deadline here folks, and while it isn't for a while, that doesn't mean that we can just sit around and wait for it to hit us. Also note that if we can pick up the activity the deadline might go away (which I would love, less mistakes are made when you aren't being timed). I want to see some activity here, and soon. If there are no meaningful posts on here by tomorrow, expect a list of questions from me to each of you, possibly filled with snarky remarks that I
fully
expect to be answered in detail or I will be campaigning for prods/replacements. Please play this game![/rant]
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 5:18 am

Post by DeathSauce »

I have been reading and re-reading the pitifully small amount of information that we have in this thread. The only thing that really stands out to me is that Norinel hasn't voted for
anyone
. Not one vote.

It's possible that he voted in the missing posts, but there is no record of that, obviously.

I don't know what to make of it, it just seems odd. Your vote is the only power you have as a townie.
Show

MUST

DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

I noticed Nornel's lack of voting too and was curious, that is what inspired Post 109.

Do the rest of you think his answers are satisfactory?

-Peter
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 12:06 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Drunky wrote:If there are no meaningful posts on here by tomorrow, expect a list of questions from me to each of you, possibly filled with snarky remarks that I fully expect to be answered in detail
[snark]Can we have this now?[/snark]

-Peter
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Zep wrote:Seems like me and you are the only ones that are being suspected by other players. It seems like DeathSauce and Peter are drawing more suspicion towards you, so you try to draw more suspicion towards me and hope people will jump on due to lack of activity.

vote Norinel
puts him at -1 lynch.
So... your vote appears to be an OMGUS vote, leaving Drunk or me to hammer. Do you 100% think Norinel is scum? If not, do you feel you have enough information to pick the scum correctly day three?

-Peter
Drunky McDrinksalot
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Drunky McDrinksalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 4:37 pm

Peter Venkman wrote:So... your vote appears to be an OMGUS vote, leaving Drunk or me to hammer. Do you 100% think Norinel is scum? If not, do you feel you have enough information to pick the scum correctly day three?

-Peter
Well, no, actually. That just leaves
you
to hammer, as I have already pointed out that I find zep far more scummy than nor, and definitely won't be moving my vote from him for the lackluster case zep has brought forth.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 5:38 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

You and I are the only remaining people that
could
hammer.

I don't understand the purpose of your nitpick, or how it relates to my questions for Zep.

-Peter
zePPeLiN
zePPeLiN
Townie
zePPeLiN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2007 8:38 pm

Post by zePPeLiN »

Im not 100% sure who is scum, because no one has admitted to it. I have very good ideas who is not scum. I think Drunky is town because he is very good at asking investigating questions, be seems to be a little overzealous. Ive all ready said i think DeathSauce is town because of his pro town remarks. Peter, you are good at making people second guess their remarks and you seem to ask very good investigating questions. That leaves me and Norinel. Even with Drunky riding my back most of day 2 i still was trying to investigate, while Norinel was just sitting back and defending himself.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 2:35 am

Post by DeathSauce »

[quote="zePPeLiN]
That leaves me and Norinel.
[/quote]

Just so you know, I agree with this statement. I believe the remaining scum is one of the two of you.
Show

MUST

DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 2:19 am

Post by DeathSauce »

*cough*
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2007 3:21 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

I dunno what to tell you mate, take some cough drops? My posts 116, 117, and 118 have questions for everyone, yet no one has bothered to say anything.

-Peter

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”