Mini 429: Planar Chaos Mafia- Finally over (thanks ABR!)

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:39 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Vote: Yamahako

Guys, I think it's obvious that we've caught scum here. I have role based information that tells me the first person who votes quag is obv scum. This is obviously based on the fact that I am hot cuz I'm fly, and you all aint, cuz you not. That is incontrovertable logic.

Also,
FOS: Anix, CPE, ceph, and Quag
for being people I know. That is a scum tell if I have ever heard one.

Also, I think I might as well claim with this much pressure on me. I am a dayvig. I will kill the SHIT out of the first mother fucker who votes me. DON'T TRY ME, I AM ARMED AND FUCKING DANGEROUS MOTHERFUCKERS.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:45 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

GET YOUR VOTE ON FUCKING YAMA NOW OR I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU DED.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:47 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

GOOD ME LITTLE MINION.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:52 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

PDubS. I am this close to day killing you.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #18 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:12 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Dude, I've seen pics of the kid. He's fucking GORGEOUS! Like Fabio, but 100 lbs, and without long hair...
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #21 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:18 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

VOTE: JACKIE

lal.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:08 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

KILL: KISON
YOU FUCKERS THOUGHT I WAS KIDDING.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #42 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:00 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like...Guys...I'm really not kidding.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #44 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

good omgus. Also, good job putting A 4th vote on with no reasonign whatsoever.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #46 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:03 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAH AHAHA AHAHAH AHAH

That is seriously the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

1) Lynch all liars is dumb meta game strategy, you can ask anyone good and they will tell you this.

2) This is the random voting stage. If you take anything in the random voting stage seriously, then you are playing really bad mafia.

3) Unless you can tell me why what I did would aid me as scum, then it is not a scum tell, and hence, not a viable reason to vote.

4) That should be reversed. If the mod comes back and kills kison, then you should probably lynch me tommorow, because killing someone on the second page and killing discussion for the day would be way more scummy than joking about being a dayvig. (which isn't scummy at all, bee tee dubs.)

5) Guess what is scummy. Voting someone to -3 on the second page. As well as saying that you're going to keep your vote on someone, for shit reasons, on the second page.

6) GTFO, noob.

7) Hi.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #50 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:05 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Quag. Ecto is a fat chick.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #55 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:34 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Congrats BHNY, you just put someone at -2 from lynch on page 2. That's really moronic.

Read my post, does it not make any sense to you?

Also, what is your reason for voting me, BHNY?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #56 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Thestatusquo wrote:Quag. Ecto is a fat chick.
Also, this was a joke. quag has a clan on MTG:S which is called "nfc" no fat chicks.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #58 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

No. TSQ is a pro town player, starting the game off which a much better method than random voting: Actually creating discussion.

Scum are ecto, and cavane. There is actually reasoning for this. It is not random. Pretty sure you're scum too, by the by. Not as sure, though.

Pretty sure tha Kison is town, because I don't think scum would put themselves in the way of that possible day kill, even if it were a joke.

Since when is being condescending a scum tell? If I am right, it certainly isn't scummy.

Also, for your information, not that I think it's true, but some people think I ONLY act like this as town.
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 312#562312

If you care.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #61 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:09 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I know.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #65 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:25 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Oh...I said -2 instead of -3! That's an even worse offense than joking about having a dayvig. I must be now lynched on sight!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #67 (isolation #16) » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:15 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm not.

Granted, the reasoning is not as strong or concrete as I made it sound. (It's not) But there IS reasoning behind it.

The reasoning behind you is based on a couple things, notably:
Cavane wrote:First page: What the hey? Go back to scumchat! But since TSQ has votes already, and I don't wanna get daykilled...

Vote creampuffkiller
for annoying the absolute crap out of me on page 1.
It is my belief that scum would avoid being the first to vote me, yet would still go for one of the two easy bandwagons from the first page (me, and CPE) Therefore, it seemed to me that a scum player would reference me, perhaps even throw suspicion at me, and then vote someone else.

Also, in your last post, as well as your second post, you try to downplay what I am doing, and at the same time try to dismiss it as "joking around" or needing ritalin (paraphrasing your agreement with kison)

Continuation of that: You tell me that it's time to get out of the random stage and "Start playing mafia."

First of all, I don't know what you've been doing, but I've been playing mafia for three pages already. Just because you personally cannot understand the motivations behind something does not mean it isn't serious, and isn't an actual strategy. You are certainly wrong if you think I was just acting randomly those first two pages.

Second, and this is more dedicated to people voting me than you, I was the one who got us out of the random stage and into real discussion on day 2. If you think that's scummy, then you REALLY need to get your scumdar checked. Scum LOVE the random voting stage. In fact, part of the reason that I was simulation an aggressive style was to get scum to jump on my bandwagon. Since it was random voting stage, I am confident that at least 2/3 of the scum have been on my wagon at one point or another.

In summation, I've been playing mafia for a while now, perhaps you're the one who should start playing.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #73 (isolation #17) » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:13 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Ectomancer wrote:Now you're both a liar and someone who has to resort to personal attacks. Lynch all liars is a fine meta strategy. Let me state it clearly for you, I catch you in a lie, I lynch. You dont want to be lynched for lying, dont do it.

Big
FOS CPE
for supporting the crap logic that lying, for whatever lame reason, is a perfectly fine town action.
Ecto
Actually, it is YOU that are making the positive claim: Lying is bad for the town. Give me a reason that this is so. You have not backed up your assertion.

I didn't insult you, or use personal attacks. I said you were wrong. That is not a personal attack.

If what you are doing IS dumb, then it's not a personal attack to call it as such. I lie as both town and scum, therefore you cannot determine my alignment from it. Therefore to vote me for it will not help you determine scum. THEREFORE IT IS NOT A STRATEGIC PLAY, and therefore is dumb. That is pure logic.

Tell me this: Why is lying, when used to achieve a pro town ends a reason to lynch?

Cavane
, I only had time to do half of it then, so I figured I'd post the relevant half, I'll post the rest of it in when I have the chance.

MY joking around is what ENDED the random voting stage, by forcing people to take one issue or another, I MADE THEM ACTUALLY DISCUSS INSTEAD OF BEING ALL "OMGRANDOMVOTEYOURMOM" That's the whole reason I did what I did. THE whole reason. If you'll notice, as soon as I actually got what I wanted, I got dead serious and started scum hunting. Acting like a complete moron has a purpose. I achieved mine.

CPE and I did not plan and cultivate it. He just happened to be on at the time I was bugging plays with squirrels in scumchat to start the game. So, was able to post close after me. It was not coordinated at all. My argument was instead that MY plan was to act like a complete bafoon, and gauge the reactions from it. CPE just happened to be one of the people who reacted. He, knowing me however, knew that this is something which is somewhat par for the course from me, and didn't take the bait.

Other people in the game who can attest to this are AniX and Quag.
I'm not interested in arguing with you, however, and I'd like to hear from some others, namely the ones that did jump on your wagon: Why?
QFT. This was the whole point of my play, now lets hear some explanations.

While we're at it, I would appreciate if you'd respond to my logic on why I think you're more likely to be scum than someone else right now.

KISON

You can't get away with that: You have to explain in a game of mafia. WHY don't you like the theory. WHY do you think it's baseless. This is how the game is played. Not random assertions.

Quag
Any particular reason you're pushing on AniX? random stage is over. Time to start actually playing.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #75 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:01 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Well, I don't "use this often" in fact, this is the first time I've tried it out. But it WAS a planned strategy. My argument was that I LIE often as town. As a lot of good players do.

Also, what board were you originally from? I know this can;t have been the first one you played on.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #86 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:08 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

@ KISON

Kison wrote:
You can't get away with that: You have to explain in a game of mafia. WHY don't you like the theory. WHY do you think it's baseless.
I think it's pretty obvious why it's baseless. Your arrogance was enough to make me happy to be voting you, even if it was a random vote. However, you were put at lynch
minus three
in a
twelve person game
. Statistically, yes, there should probably be scum on the wagon, but for all you know, it could have been me who put the first vote on you randomly. Therefore, your logic is stupid.
You DID put the first vote on me randomly,that's part of the reason I think you're town. My logic is that scum would be more afraid of the possible day kill,, because losing scum is more damaging to them winning then it is town, and therefore woud avoid being the first vote on me.

That's not baseless. That's logic. Furthermore, my case on cavane is based on the fact that he tried to throw suspicion on my, and then DIDN;T VOTE ME FOR IT. THis is scummy, because he was still pushing for the easy lynch, without the dangers that came from it. This is also pure logic.

@ YAMA
The "Bold and Brazen" plan of 'getting discussion started' doesn't work. Some people are going to jump on your wagon because they are surprised, some people are going to jump on your wagon because they are scum, and some people are going to jump on your wagon because your behavior is deplorable and wouldn't mind you being lynched regardless of your alignment. Discussion about who was on your wagon is largely WIFOM. Especially when you do it coming out of the gates.
You're wrong. People who are town are trying to win a game of mafia. So are people who are scum. My analysis is contingent on that fact. Also, saying that "the bold and brazen plan to create discussion doesn't work." is bullshit. You know why? Here we are DISCUSSING it. That is DISCUSSION. Even if you don't think it's valid discussion or not, what I did is force people to take a position on an issue, and defend it. This MOVED US OUT OF THE RANDOM VOTING STAGE because people can no longer get away with saying "RANDOMVOTE: LOLZ" because there is actual content. That is a demonstrated fact. I am not sure how you can argue.

Second, I am not sure you know what WIFOM means. Wifon refers specifically to a certain subset of cicrular logic. This is not wifom. It is my expectation to how I think people will act when faced with a certain situation. The only way that could be WIFOM is if in my first post I had said "Ok...I expect scum to do this, so anyone who does it is going to et voted." I didn't. That would be wifom, because discussing whether scum would or wouldn't do the action would boil down to "He wouldn't do it because you;d vote him, but maybe thats what he wants us to think, so he DID do it, but maybe he knows we;d think that, so he would" and on and on and on. That is wifom, what I did is not.
Lynch all liars isn't just a good meta-game choice - its a good choice. Scum are far more likely to trip themselves up on their words and expose lies. Town shouldn't have that problem if they are telling the truth. Townies telling the truth allow other townies to trust in everything they said up to the point they are confirmed (through death) by the mod.
This is not true. Anyone is more likely to trip themselves up with lies. The only basis of this point is that some townies don't lie. The only basis for THAT is that those townies are afraid to be lynched under LAL. THerefore, the stipulation ONLY EXISTS BECAUSE OF ITSELF AND IS NOT VALID.

Second, lets look at the "lie" I made. It is a perfect illustration of why LAL is dumb. I claimed to a dayvig as a joke, and simulated a kill. Now, this has NO potential benefit to scum. (If you can think of one, let me know. I can't.) LAL stipulates you lynch me or the merits of that "lie" alone, which is absolutely utterly rediculous.
In my experience, people with your behavior and attitude *think* they are creating discussion, but what ends up happening is that people either ignore you or get pissed off - then the discussion is about you for a couple of (real life) days- and then it dies out when people defend you as a retarded townie and your lynch has no momentum. This halts real discussion because people are too busy dealing with your theatrics to have been posting anything that can actually be used, and by the time your wagon is derailed, no one has anything to talk about.
I'm not sure you understand the purpose of discussion. Discussion and a first wagon are not intended to get a lynch. In fact, the purpose of them is stated in your own post. "people get pissed off" these are, in my experience, about 50% more likely to be scum, because they want the town to misslynch out annoyance. The people who defend for someone being a retard not being a scum tell are more likely town, because town knows that just lynching someone who is annoying and has a lot of momentum because of that is probably a misslynch.

Sorry, but heres the main thing you might be missing about my logic: I take as an assumption the fact that people are first and foremost trying to win, and at least some of all actions are based on that fact. If you disagree with that assumption feel free to say so.
So my new meta-choice is to 'lynch all dickheads' because I don't like what you have to say, I think that the plan never works in the town's favor, and I feel you're a distraction to the real game. For me its win-win we can kill a scum and have a better chance of winning, or kill an adolescent mouth-off and enjoy playing more.
If you've noticed, I've stopped acting like a dick a long time ago. Now I'm actually having argumentation. You're the only one not actually engaging in the discussion that has been created. It makes you seem somewaht petulent and stuborn. "I don;t think what you did creates discussion, therefore I REFUSE TO DISCUSS IT EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE ELSE IS. That's what seems to be your position. Correct me if I'm wrong.

@ Ecto
TSQ, please dont mistake me for a moron. I understand we do things to get people to react. You dont corner the market on it. My play to get out of the random stage was to vote you for a lie that was clearly a joke to get things moving.
The first result was a for you to call me a fat chick.
The 2nd result was for your latest response to ignore calling me a fat chick and try to say the personal attack I referred to must have been when you said I was wrong?
Good, I was worried. Now, the first thing I have already explained. You know how in the random stage people push people hard...Well...You know, randomly? That's what I was doing. Quag is in a clan called "No Fat Chicks" on mtg: salvation, and I was joking trying to get him to vote for you. It wasn't an actual insult.

I assumed that you would realize what I said about being a fat chick (I apologize if you actually ARE a fat chick (don't admit it, quag WILL vote you.)) So I assumed you were reacting negatively to this post
1) Lynch all liars is dumb meta game strategy, you can ask anyone good and they will tell you this.

2) This is the random voting stage. If you take anything in the random voting stage seriously, then you are playing really bad mafia.

3) Unless you can tell me why what I did would aid me as scum, then it is not a scum tell, and hence, not a viable reason to vote.

4) That should be reversed. If the mod comes back and kills kison, then you should probably lynch me tommorow, because killing someone on the second page and killing discussion for the day would be way more scummy than joking about being a dayvig. (which isn't scummy at all, bee tee dubs.)

5) Guess what is scummy. Voting someone to -3 on the second page. As well as saying that you're going to keep your vote on someone, for shit reasons, on the second page.
So I responded as such.

QUAG
Still want to know why you're pushing aniX.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #97 (isolation #20) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:05 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I've never played with quag. Has anyone here had more experience with him?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #101 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:21 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

What about a lyncher?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #106 (isolation #22) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

um, pretty sure starfox isn't a nickname. Pretty sure it's just aniX being. Also, pretty sure you quitting the game for something that stupid, and easily remedied by a little work on your part would be one of the biggest dick moves anyone could do to a mod, other that ruining a game.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #108 (isolation #23) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Why?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #112 (isolation #24) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Really? I feel that I have a pretty good read on 3-5 people.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #124 (isolation #25) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:58 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

You know what. There're just some things you're going to have to deal with with mafia games.

1) People will know each other outside of a game context. They will therefore interact with each other with a little bit more familiarity that with other players. This is completely normal. Unless it starts actually effecting the game (I.E. If aniX suddenly decided that he was not going to vote CPE because he likes him a lot.) it's your job to deal with it. It's an inherency on a mafia site that some people have been here a lot, and will have played, talked, interacted with others more than you have. There has not been one thing in this game that was game related that 1) was so incomprehensible that it couldn't be figured out, or 2) That was game related (I.E. not an obvious joke.) The onus is on you, as players. This is not a problem with this game, but instead with forum mafia where people know each other. You're going to have to deal. Furthermore, if you had ASKED instead of bitched and moaned about people using nick names, we would have just told it to you, and then it wouldn't be 'elitist, and cliquey.' The only reason it was, was because you didn't make the effort to find out what was going on, but instead tried to bitch and moan.

2) People will play with playstyles different from yours. This is my playstyle. I am not going to modify it for you, or anyone else in this world. I am not playing this way to confuse you, and I am not playing this way because of you, I am playing this way because this is how I enjoy my mafia.

We are playing mafia, you are not. All you are doing is complaining, bitching, and trying to find fault with what everyone else is doing, when it is pretty much par for the course. I suggest you stop trying to make the site change, and instead adapt to the site, or you are not going to have very much fun here.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #131 (isolation #26) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:19 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

VOTE: Be Happy New Year

That's the second really bad bandwagon you've jumped on to, with little to no mafia related reason.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #144 (isolation #27) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Comments on Be Happy new years insistance to join bandwagons without providing reasoning? Have I been the only one who noticed this?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #160 (isolation #28) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

1)How can you be sure quag is town, all he has tried to do is lynch AniX.

2) You say you have both town and scum vibes from cavane. Isn't that the same as neutral? Why did you put him in a second catagory? Are you protecting a scumbuddy?

3) That's funny, because Cavane did not come off as a noob to me at all.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #162 (isolation #29) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:31 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

And for the record, I would much rather have AniX here right now than you. He's at least trying to get discussion going.
This is not a scummy statement...But certainly an ill informed one. AniX will generally just lurk until someone starts pressuring him, and then he will start screetching about the eleventh hour.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #166 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Damn. Lost a lot. Lets get this going again, guys.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #172 (isolation #31) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:45 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

AH, I just remembered I was
vote: behappynewyear
ing because he's jumped late on to both big bandwagons.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #174 (isolation #32) » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

:goodposting:
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #187 (isolation #33) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yama. Posts like that are my biggest pet peeve in a game of mafia. If youre so lost as to need others thinking to guide your actions, then you need a re-read, not a post.

If you have a good idea of what's going on, then you need to ask specific questions of specific people.

Either way, your post is pointless.

I'm going to take a shit. Peace.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #189 (isolation #34) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I didn't attack you personally. I pointed out the only two scenarios that one would make that post, and said they were both useless.

You can only say "There is a point even if you don't see it too much." And your post falls well outside that line. I'm sorry, but I just don't believe that theres some deep inner plan behind...

"So...Someone somewhere tell me what they think about something."
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #195 (isolation #35) » Wed May 02, 2007 3:45 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yeah...So...

Vote: yamahako

I think this vote explains itself.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #202 (isolation #36) » Mon May 07, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Cody, we're on page 9. Could you grow up, please?

Can we prod the non-talkers, and get some replacements going if they don't respond, Mr. PDubS?

Yama, care to explain yourself?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #205 (isolation #37) » Tue May 08, 2007 5:32 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

What was the bait, and how does it function? As in, what did you do to get a vote, and what makes it more likely that a scum player would take it then a protown player?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #207 (isolation #38) » Tue May 08, 2007 5:48 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

See Kison...He didn't SAY that. That's why I asked him. It's possible that he has more justification then that, and if he does, I want to hear it.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #209 (isolation #39) » Tue May 08, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Ectomancer wrote:
Quagmire wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:Cody, we're on page 9. Could you grow up, please?
i am. i just said that anix is our play today.
If Anix did not exist, who would your play be today?
:goodposting:
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #217 (isolation #40) » Thu May 10, 2007 10:06 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yama, I am still waiting for you to answer my question.

Anix: Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. Quag is not a good play for the town at this point in time.

At everyone: What do you think the top 3 scummy things that happened today are?

I am going to re-read and post my list tommorow. (have a paper to write tonight)

Lurkers: POST MOAR.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #219 (isolation #41) » Thu May 10, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yama. How does that tell function at all on d1?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #221 (isolation #42) » Thu May 10, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

On day one, the way I play as town is to pick up on something scummy, even if minutely so, and hammer it to death in order to either get the person to stumble if they're scum, and to observe the reactions of my fellow players to said thing.

I think that on a whole, this is how most players play day one. If not that, they're just trying to find scummy things, and attack them. Since yama is just saying, essentially, "I did something scummy, and you jumped on it, therefore you must be scum." he is defeating the entire purpose of day one scum hunting.

His tell seems more like a town tell to me, then anything.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #223 (isolation #43) » Fri May 11, 2007 2:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Dean, answer the question I posted in 217. Yama and quag both ignored it as well. I am still waiting for it from everyone.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #225 (isolation #44) » Sat May 12, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Hm...Well, I want some more people to chime in. I personally think theres a LOT of information and I have some juicy things.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #233 (isolation #45) » Mon May 14, 2007 7:11 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

thank you cavane. Quag has the right of it. There have been some pretty scummy things that have happened thus far that I am going to point out. As to having info that all of you do not? Nope, don't have that, but I do have some pretty good reasons to vote people.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #238 (isolation #46) » Tue May 15, 2007 7:42 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yama, I'd like you to respond to my attack of your "trap."

Jackie, since I have finals today, tommorow, and thursday, is there any chance to get three days added to the deadline?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #242 (isolation #47) » Tue May 15, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I was actually referring to post 221, yama. But I guess when you're scummily skimming the thread, it's much easier to ignore the relevent posts then actually look for them.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #252 (isolation #48) » Wed May 23, 2007 4:24 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

The case for an ectomancer lynch:
Ectomancer wrote:Shea? Jackie? This is practically secret code to those who dont know the names behind the players.

vote Thestatusquo
because Kison already agreed to be the daykill.
1) Look at his first post. He wants to pile on to the player who is causing the disruption, because a disruptive moronic player is usually an easy d1 misslynch. Check out twito, or masterchiefs play if you don’t believe me. This post also bothers me because he points out the possibility of a day kill. Now, as a protown player, had I been faced with that situation, assuming I would have piled onto the disruption player, which nine times out of 10 I wouldn’t, I would NEVER reference the daykill, because I would hope it was a joke, and would not want to remind the player of the threat if it was. This post almost looks like he’s TRYING to get kison daykilled. This is re-inforced with his second post of the day. These are exactly the kind of posts I would expect mafia to make in reaction to my stunt.
Ectomancer wrote:Now you're both a liar and someone who has to resort to personal attacks. Lynch all liars is a fine meta strategy. Let me state it clearly for you, I catch you in a lie, I lynch. You dont want to be lynched for lying, dont do it.

Big
FOS CPE
for supporting the crap logic that lying, for whatever lame reason, is a perfectly fine town action.
2) Look at post 3. Here, he creates quite a fine little switcheroo. Instead of arguing against my contention that LAL is a poor strategy, he simply asserts that it isn’t, and cites a comment I made from a completely different post (The fatchick comment, as a joke reference to quag) as a reason for why we shouldn’t trust me. Interestingly enough, he attacks CPE here for nothing more than saying that I lie as town. Not just a FOS a BIG fos.
Ectomancer wrote:TSQ, please dont mistake me for a moron. I understand we do things to get people to react. You dont corner the market on it. My play to get out of the random stage was to vote you for a lie that was clearly a joke to get things moving.

The first result was a for you to call me a fat chick.
The 2nd result was for your latest response to ignore calling me a fat chick and try to say the personal attack I referred to must have been when you said I was wrong?

I'd like an explanation for those 2 results.
3) Look at his 5th post. He attacks me for pointing out that his last post attacked me for two separate posts, and then says that ‘he’d like an explanation’ And then says that he’s been doing the same thing I’ve been doing. Aka he acted moronic to get a reaction. Odd that he would attack me for it, then.
Ectomancer wrote:You are entirely missing the point CPE.
#1 I am not upset in the least.
#2 Personal attacks are used by someone who feels their case isnt strong enough to stand on its own, so they resort to attacking the character of the person involved. Its a bad argument style that means either they dont have more information to back them up, or they have information they cant reveal. This is Day 1 and it started in Day. I can only think of one group that would have information on other players that they would not want to reveal that they know.
4) Look at his 6th post. He continues to harp on “the attack” as we’ll now call it, and now begins to poison my well, saying that “he can only think of one group that would have extra information…” Not only is his logic horrendous, but it’s a little early in the game for him to be making allusions to people being definitely mafia. The logic breaks down to this: There are two scenarios which I mention, therefore, if it were one of them, he’d be scummy, so I’m going to mention this part, and hope no one notices.
Ectomancer wrote:No, Im not mad and no, Im not a fat chick. Im 6'2 225lb of man meat, though I bet I look more like a Ribeye if you carved a slice. Nicely marbled with fat :P

My point about the whole fat chick thing was that it demonstrated a weakness in argument. Though town might do the same from time to time, it is one of my own personal tells I look for in scum. Because it came out after a pressure vote on you, it was my first negative mark on the TSQ scum-or-not card. I've gotten a little more comfortable with the answer, but I really wish people would not make these references to out of game situations or even refer to players as any name other than the one to the left when they post.

FYI, I still dont like lying, though what you did is a stretch of the term. It was harmless, not intended to hold up to scrutiny, and I doubt anyone took you seriously. Which, btw is a flaw in your theory that scum would jump on to the wagon. If nobody took your dayvig claim seriously, then you really cant make a case out of either town or scum being predicated towards jumping on that wagon. The better case that you could make is someone who finds you annoying is more likely to vote you, be they scum or town. But that doesnt really help us.

I understand what you were trying to do, so I'm willing to cut you a break and look elsewhere for now (though this line of thought is still here for later review). Between the 2 of us, I think more than enough content has been generated to sift though.

unvote

P.S. If I catch you in a non-joking lie, you can bet that I wont care if you "do it all the time as town". I'll be lynching.
5) Look at his next post. This post mostly consits of him backing down from his previous positions when they don’t catch on. But the most interesting part is the last part: the ps. This essentially states that he doesn’t care if someone is scum or town, he will lynch them based on something arbitrary. This is not a pro town position to hold.
Ectomancer wrote:Who is Starfox?

If the names registered to play this game cant be used, Im going to have to ask to replace me. Otherwise Im going to just start voting anyone who does it, and that wouldn't be fair to the rest of the town.
If I sound like a jerk, so be it. If you want people to call you a different name, you should have registered under it.
Ectomancer wrote:I really dont give a rats ass if you find it childish or not. I've asked repeatedly for it to stop, and yet this little clique insists on doing it. Im tired of these references to shit outside of this thread, not restricted just to the names, but as an example, the reference to MTG:S. I dont think I need to quote every instance where it has been done. It would number over a dozen by now. Below is where I expressed opposition to this little habit. I think thats enough effort TSQ before I put the onus on the mod to deal with it.
If the mod wants to allow this to continue, have fun. Just get a replacement.
Ectomancer wrote:Shea? Jackie? This is practically secret code to those who dont know the names behind the players.
Ectomancer wrote: I've gotten a little more comfortable with the answer, but I really wish people would not make these references to out of game situations or even refer to players as any name other than the one to the left when they post.

vote Anix
for being a dumbass.
Ectomancer wrote:Anix, you are a dumbass for trying to turn this into something personal between us, when it is an issue of this entire clique that insists on using other names than their forum name. Thank you for entirely missing the point and trying to misconstrue what I've said into an attack solely on your petty ego. I love the term Godzilla-like rampage. Best case of exaggeration I've read in a long time.
I dont throw childish tantrums, I stated the facts plain and simple. I quoted where twice that I brought up the subject, and it looks to me like it continued with your use of Starfox. I dont have a list of all of your screennames you use on AIM, other mafia sites or in your mothers basement. You appear to be associated with that clique, and your buddies have been throwing around other names the entire game, so yes, my reaction to it was entirely within my bounds. You are welcome to continue in any manner that the mod sees appropriate, I however will not be involved with people using outside names and conversations and refusing to drop their usage.

FYI, you could have ended this before it started by just
using the names you registered with

Oh yes, my kids have kids....Kid.
6) His posts 9-12 are not game related. I’m sensing a theme. He also manages to jump onto the AniX bandwagon for a non-game reason. With Quag pushing AniX already, this is the next place I would look to find scum. If theres something scum like more on d1 then lynching the bozo, it’s jumping on to a bandwagon that’s already been championed by someone else. This means that if he suceeds in getting aniX lynched, quag will be the one that gets attacked for it, while he’s off in the shadows. This means the possibility of a 1-2 misslynch, which I am sure scum are licking their chops about. Also, notice how he turns to the use of petty attacks on AniX’s ego when his argument breaks down. People tend to base what they think are scum tells off of what THEY do when they are scum. Since this is one of HIS scumtells, this is pretty damning in my opinion.
Ectomancer wrote:I apologize to the rest of the players. I realize this should have just been sent as a PM directly to the mod to avoid derailing the conversation.
Carry on, I shall lurk in the meantime.
7) Post 13 contains the famous “I’ll go back to lurking now.” This was brought up as scummy by some, and to be honest, I think they were attacking the wrong part of the post. I don’t think lurking is inherently scummy, however, I do find the fact that ecto backed out of his position under pressure, and bowed under the towns dissapproval which makes me want to highlight this post in my PBPA. I think town players shouldn’t look for the rest of the towns approval. EVER. They should just post what they think. This to me looks like scum not trying to make waves.
Ectomancer wrote:
BeHappyNewyear wrote:
DeanWinchester wrote:I have had some experience with him. It is not unusual for him to push some one with no reasoning, but this one sit's uneasily with me.

Right now I can't think of any card in PC that would suit a jester though.
I think the bulk of the discussion right now is going no where.
I know it's not technically PC, but there was Stuffy Doll in Time Spiral. He/she/it might work.

(Also, in the process of rereading.)
Problem with Stuffy Doll is the indestructible part. Im not sure Quagmire's play is one of a jester either. Still, I'd like to hear why other than "he wants to" for his vote.

unvote
vote Quagmire
8) This post is the actualization of two different trends. One, Ecto ONCE AGAIN hops onto the bandwagon with the most momentum. This time, it is quagmire, who is also acting like a moron. Cross apply that analysis here. Second, he continues to back up out of game feelings with votes. Scumscumscum.
Ectomancer wrote:
Quagmire wrote:
AniX wrote:I believe discussion last focused on The Prof. Quag and his refusal to play the game.
i believe that i'm playing the game, good sir

now we need to kill you in order to benefit the town
What benefit will the town derive from an Anix lynch? It seems not to matter to you whether he is town or scum, only that the lynch will somehow benefit the town.
8) Ecto just did a complete 360, guys. He was advocating an anix lynch just a few posts ago. I know what he’s going to say in response to this “I wasn’t advocating an AniX lynch.” But that’s the point. A vote IS an advocacy. It’s saying “I want this person lynched.” And since I already said that he was hiding behind someone pushing the wagon, I don’t find this response all too compelling.
Ectomancer wrote:You guys are killing me here with this talk of no information. We've got 7 pages here, and not a single one is wasted space. Are you kidding me?
I dont know about half of you from other games, Ive been in more than 1 game with a few of you. Guess what, the better you know the other players, the more informed decisions you can make.
Obviously we have some people who know each other well. Lets look at those relationships. We've had an excellent opportunity for observation of debate style where scum/town did not come into play. That gives a control group of observations to be used against the backdrop of scum/town plays.
AniX, TSQ, and CPE seem to know each other pretty well. This is going to give them, at the very least, an unconscious predilection towards trusting each other, and joinging in on the same side of an argument
even if not the same alignment in game

Quag and AniX seem to genuinely have known each other but had some kind of rift arise recently. Quag didnt join in to defend Anix as I believe he would have were they friends just messing around about being mad at each other. That leads me to believe Quag's push for AniX is just an OMGUS being pushed way too far and my vote sits well on Quag.
There's tons more in these 7 pages if you bother to look. Though my vote is sitting on Quag to get him to stop the OMGUS and to start playing, I know you'll find other good information to digest.
9) This is completely non game related, and idle speculation. Actually, CPE will tell you I have the propensity to want to lynch him more often then not. Hopefully, of people are playing to win, they won’t let personal relationships interfere with their gameplay.
Ectomancer wrote:That does it.

unvote, vote Quagmire

OMGUS'ing the hell out of you.

Quagmire is the lynch today.
Do I need to analyze this? He jumps on the biggest wagon, admits it’s OMGUS, and then advocates the lynch of a player that he doesn’t think is scum. This is one of the worst scummy posts I’ve ever seen.
Ectomancer wrote:
Cavane wrote:If it weren't for Post 149, I'd be certain Quag has some kind of post restriction. I'd be very surprised if he is scum, so I can't really support a lynch on him at this time. It's better to ignore annoying/unhelpful players than vote them off. Do too much of that and you'll soon find yourself at lylo with little to go on.
No, after 9 pages of this, Quagmire is the play today. I can't believe how many people are falling for this WIFOM argument that his play is too stupid to be scum.
NO…That’s not the argument. The argument is that this does not at all show his alignment. He really doesn’t gain that much as scum from pushing aniX day 1, and he really doesn’t get that much from pushing anix day 1 as town, therefore we determine it’s a non tell. Only scum would want to lynch for a non tell.
Heheh. Are you FOS'ing me for not playing the game with TSQ?
"I've got some juicy info."
"No, really. You've got juicy info?"
"Yep. J-U-I-C-Y."
"Do tell"
"It's the juicest."
"Can I hear it?"
"You'll have to say please."

If he's got some juicy info he'll tell it. If he doesn't, sometime in the next page or two when conversation stalls I can come back and ask him if he is ever going to get around to this juicy info or not. Im not seeing how not immediately stroking TSQ for his "juicy" info is a scum or town tell.
When is he going to start contributing to the thread? My guess never. Can we lynch him now?

UNVOTE, VOTE ECTOMANCER[/b}
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #253 (isolation #49) » Wed May 23, 2007 4:27 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

UNVOTE: VOTE ECTOMANCER
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #256 (isolation #50) » Wed May 23, 2007 8:41 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Because I was busy with real life, and because I wanted to give people as long of a time to present their favorite options before I posted mine.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #257 (isolation #51) » Wed May 23, 2007 8:42 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

And, as you can see, it was a lot of work...
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #264 (isolation #52) » Thu May 24, 2007 8:30 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Please explain your pro town feelings on ecto. I have exactly the opposite, as shown above.

Also, it's pretty condescending of you to tell people what they can and cannot say. If I know people, I will refer to them however I please. You will just have to deal with it.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #266 (isolation #53) » Thu May 24, 2007 5:10 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Cavane wrote:
Also, it's pretty condescending of you to tell people what they can and cannot say. If I know people, I will refer to them however I please. You will just have to deal with it.
Please don't start that up again. The Mod already asked that everyone refer to each other by forum names.

Hello again, Lowell. I'd also like to hear your reasoning for the strong town vibes. I agree on TSQ, but I didn't have much of a read on Ceph, who hasn't said a whole lot so far. I especially would like to hear what's behind your read on Ecto, right after TSQ posted a pretty strong case against him.

And mod: Thanks for the extension!
The mod has said nothing of the sort...Read his posts...

@ Ecto: Please be timely, We are under deadline, after all. And I will be gone friday-monday, so you may have to decide without my response to his response.

Hope you guys see what I see.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #269 (isolation #54) » Thu May 24, 2007 6:28 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Ecto, asking you to post by the deadline is not a setup, it's a reasonable request.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #272 (isolation #55) » Thu May 24, 2007 6:57 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

My behing a crafty player (which I am) and this bei being a completely benign request (which it is) are not mutually exclusive.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #276 (isolation #56) » Fri May 25, 2007 5:35 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I can't, I just woke up, and I am leaving soon.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #298 (isolation #57) » Tue May 29, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm not even going to come close to trying to fix the BB formatting. I am just going to quote his responses, and respond to them. If you're not sure what any particular point is referencing, then you have two courses of action:

1) Ask.

2) Read back to my original post and his original response.
Ectomancer wrote:Once again, TSQ is out to convince everyone that he is a uniquely brilliant tactician. We all know that various players do all types of things to break out of the random stage. However in this game, TSQ seems to feel that he is the first person to ever try a stunt on page 1. Guess what, it happens all the time, and screwing with the person pulling the stunt is not a tell of any kind, regardless of how proud you are of it.
The part about the daykill is equally ridiculous. He is bothered about mentioning the possiblity of a daykill? Maybe he shouldn't have said it himself then? Still if you need it spelled out for you, why did I mention the daykill in my vote? Hello McFly, in your statement you claimed that you would kill the next mother fucker who voted for you. Kison voted for you, thereby "volunteering" to be the day kill be you since he was the "next mother fucker". That meant it was safe for anyone else to vote you today, hence my reference to YOUR statement.

"This post almost looks like he's TRYING to get kison daykilled."
This line must be here for dramatic effect.
Ecto has a habit. Instead of arguing against a point, he'll make up a new point, and pretend that's what you said all along. Right here, he's trying to belittle my point by saying that I claim to be a brilliant tactician who was the first one who thought that acting like a moron d1 might bring results. You might notice, as well, that this has nothing to do with my point, is completely false, and is also not at all responsive to my actual argument that there is a townie way AND a scummy way that people can react to such tomfoolery. I described EXACTLY what I thought was a tell, and why. His only ACTUAL response to the attack is "THis is not a tell of any kind." That's pretty piss poor for a block of text that big.

Then...He concedes my point on kison. My logic was this: Scum would want to vote me, but would not want to vote first, because a scum would fear the poossivle day kill more, because there are less scums then towns. Ectos response basically says "What? Of course I voted him...Someone already agreed to be the daykill." Way to bite RIGHT into my attack. Next time read the argument before responding so indignantly.

Then he says I'm "being dramatic." Well... Actually, I was just reinforcing my logic, which you completely ignored.

<<<>> Alright, first I am not addressing his detailed contention that LAL is a poor strategy. Well let's look at it.
Ectomancer wrote:1) Lynch all liars is dumb meta game strategy, you can ask anyone good and they will tell you this
Whoa! How in depth, cutting and incisive. How could I not have remembered to respond in kind? I guess Jeep isn't (or wasn't) a "good" player. I'm afraid I will have to side with a player who seems to be an icon on the site than the self-described disruptive moronic player. >>>>>
Once again, ecto has ignored my point. Whether or not LAL is or is not a good strategy was IRRELEVENT to my attack on him here. My argument was that he did not even attempt to argue against it, but instead tried to make me look worse by citing a joke which was in a different post, and then attacked CPE for nothing more than disagreeing with him about what is valid town strategy. His comments here about jeep, (most of his tells are regarded, even by him, to be outdated, BeeTeeDubs.) while very snarky and clever, are completely irrelevant to my attack, which still goes unresponded to.
Ectomancer wrote:Yes...yes I did use 1 post to attack you for 2 separate posts...so?? I can only imagine you are trying to fluff your case here. And No, I did not say I was doing the same thing you were doing (AKA acting like a moron). The only thing we did that was similiar was to do something to get out of the random stage. Our actual practice of it was you acting like a moron and me voting for the moron, which, as I said is no more of a tell than you acting like the moron.
Wow...Ecto...Wow... read my case, THEN FUCKING RESPOND TO IT. I am claiming that you made an attack based off of the fact that I pointed out that there were two posts in one post, concealed as one. Once again, his snarky, indignant reply is non topical.

As to the performative contradiction: Ecto, my dear lad. I provided reasoning, and logic as to why scumz would act a certain way in response to my tells. You have not once said WHY scum would react to your behavior, therefore it is more moronic then anything I have done.

My logic is this: Scum want easy lynches. The player acting like a moron is an easy lynch, a lot of the time, therefore scum will attack the player acting like a moron and attempt to get them lynched.

This is my biggest argument against you, and yet you seem completely incapable of actually responding to it.
Ectomancer wrote:
Let me take the opportunity to address this old situation again since TSQ brought it up.
He never explained his insult. Oh sure, he explained the
story behind the insult
, but never why he made it in the first place. I do have a reason. It was a scummy personal attack which I find to be a tell for scum who want to gain some element in the conversation, whether it be to add seeming weight to an argument, or to try and lower the relevance of another players comments.
Guys, lets continue the trend of ecto stating random filler crap that doesn't respond to my arguments! Also, he's dead lying here! I did explain what it was for...

TSQ wrote:Good, I was worried. Now, the first thing I have already explained. You know how in the random stage people push people hard...Well...You know, randomly? That's what I was doing. Quag is in a clan called "No Fat Chicks" on mtg: salvation, and I was joking trying to get him to vote for you. It wasn't an actual insult.
Looks to me like some good old explaining about what it was all about. The way people try to get silly bandwagons day 1... Yeah...I can't bring myself to believe he just forgot about this point, because not only was it addressed to him, but he responded to it.

Ectomancer wrote:Im proud of TSQ for this one. Now he uses his refusal to actually address my point about personal attacks being a bad argument style and more likely to be used by scum, to say that I am "harping" on his interjection of a personal jibe into our discussion. No, he was far too busy trying to convince us that it was nothing to look at. I dont call it "harping", I call it being tenacious and refusing to let your mistake just drop unaddressed.
I am getting tired of saying this guys, but, once again, ecto misses the point. My argument was that he is continually attacking a non issue in order to poison my well. This is an argument he does not respond to (something else I am getting tired of saying, Bee tee dubz) But furthermore, read it. If the whole "Ecto is a fat chick" seemed like an argument to ANYONE ELSE HERE, I will eat my hat. There is literally nothing attackish about it.

Ectomancer wrote:Backing down? It's called applying pressure and moving along when you have the information you wanted.
I wouldn't call catching someone in a lie an arbitrary reason. You still are not getting license to lie from me. I know you are trying to put the onus on me by claiming "Im going to lie as town, so deal with it.". My position is, "If I catch you lying, I'm going to lynch you". If you are in a game with me, deal with that fact.
No, it's called testing the waters. If I had drawn a couple more votes, and people had started voicing support for your theories, THEN YOU WOULD HAVE STAYED ON ME. THis is not inherently scummy on it's own, but look at your voting history this game: You have consistantly stayed on the most popular bandwagon at the time. This is where this point derives it's impact.
Ectomancer wrote:You preface by saying that posts 9-12 are not game related but are deriving scumtells from them? Posts 9-12 were me dealing with you and your friends being a bunch of assholes. You know that, the rest of the players know that. I get the impression you added this in to add to the volume of this post. "There is so much material he must be scum!"
Ok guys. Here's the list of arguments I made in the paragraph he was "responding to":

1) The fact that he wants to have someone bandwagoned for non-game reasons is scummy.

2) Scum would want to jump on a wagon being championed by someone else.

3) He's possibly setting up a 1-2 misslynch.

4) He attacks aniX with personal attacks, which is one of his own scum tells, since people often derive their scum tells from what they themselves do as scum, this is damning.

Can you guess how many of those arguments he actually just responded to? If you guessed NONE YOU WIN!

Ectomancer wrote:I apologize to the rest of the players. I realize this should have just been sent as a PM directly to the mod to avoid derailing the conversation.
Carry on, I shall lurk in the meantime.
Ectomancer wrote:Again you grab an off topic post to find scumtells. Every member of this game deserved that apology from me. Every member of the game is STILL waiting on your apology for contributing to the derailing of the game over something as simple as using forum names. I'm sure they will never get it. Town take note now at the volume of material in this "case" that is essentially fluff to make it look bigger and more impressive. Pay attention to his phrasing that I "backed out of my position under pressure" as if it were a bandwagon or something game related at question, when in fact it was over whether those players were breaking forum rules by using names other than players forum names.
hehehe...The volume of the case isn't fluff. YOU are just not answering arguments. That makes one of us look bad. And guess what, it's not me.

Pressure in a mafia game refers to more than votes: It refers to the sway of town opinion. What I was noting, is whenever the town seems to disagree with Mr. Ecto, Mr. Ecto seems to run away with his tail between his legs, and that is not something which is pro town. Mr. Ecto may want you to believe its just fluff, but it's actually a pretty substantial scum tell to look for town approval for your actions.

Ectomancer wrote:Really? I hopped onto the bandwagon with the most momentum? I voted Quagmire who had at the time....zero votes. In other words, no bandwagon at all. Also, where are the "out of game feelings"? I see speculation about roles based upon game flavor myself. Another example of building a case with fluff, or, dare I say it, an outright fabricated statement about me jumping on a bandwagon
that didnt exist even in the form of 1 vote.
Ok...Stop the attack right here for a second, because I want to explain something which I honestly think you don't understand (this is also not meant to be patronizing...Sorry if it is.) Because he doesn't understand this, this response is not scummy to me. If he did, this would probably be one of my biggest points of analysis.

See, momentum is not only comprised of votes: It's also comprised of town opinion. If there is a lot of town opinion pushing in one area, it is as momentum inducing as votes, in my opinion. There was a lot of discussion as to whether quag was the actual play or not, and you jumping in there seemed opportunistic. YOu can ride momentum and beat the actual votes, but you can't beat the momentum itself.

Taken out of context here. Go re-read the arguments over the forum names. The Anix vote was an OMGUS vote because I thought he was being a dumbass. If you think that Anix vote was anything other than me being irritated with that clique of people, then go ahead and chalk up a point for TSQ. For the rest of you, TSQ saying it doesnt make it so. People regularly put votes on other players for various reasons that dont always iinclude lynching them on the spot. This particular quote here is me trying in vain to get something out of Quag other than "vote Anix".
TSQ wrote:I know what he’s going to say in response to this “I wasn’t advocating an AniX lynch.” But that’s the point. A vote IS an advocacy. It’s saying “I want this person lynched.” And since I already said that he was hiding behind someone pushing the wagon, I don’t find this response all too compelling.
Ecto wrote:Baseless opinion comment by TSQ
Which is responding to baseless idle speculation by you. Jesus. You need to learn how to read. I have said numerous times that you seem to want to talk about non game related stuff more than game related stuff, you'd think you'd actually respond to such an argument...You know...Once.

Really? TSQ himself just illustrated that I was the one getting irritated with Quag. I was the one who put the first vote on him for his play. I was the one who put pressure on him to say something more than "vote Anix". I was the one who gave him some breathing room and then yes, voted him again when he refused to change his playstyle. And ladies and Gents, once again, I somehow jumped on the biggest wagon
despite there being zero votes on Quag at the time.
Mine was the first and Dean added his not long after.
Remember what I said about momentum. It's key here. A lot of people had been expressing anger and frustration at quag. The momentum was there, while the votes were not. Your vote was just the actualization of that momentum. I have already analzyed ad nauseum why voting players for out of game reasons is scummy, and since ecto has not responded to any of the other times, I will not post that reasoning here...

I don't think you have a grasp at all. I tell you who would vote for someone playing like Quag is playing. Town who needs every town body actively working to locate scum. Quag is of no help. Only scum would support not putting any pressure on a player who is not of help to the town
No. Actually, I would NEVER vote for a player like quag. EVER. You know why? Because a townie body is important just for it's not being scum. Mafia is a game of NUMBERS. Town needs to keep its numbers from reaching that of the informed minority, or it's GG. Advocating lynching someone for non game reasons means that you are advocating bringing the town one person closer to losing, and that sir, is about as anti town as you can get. YOU are the one missing the point.

ecto wrote:Now I'm to blame (again) for not playing his game of "I've got a secret" the way he wants. If you've got information, say it. You're acting like a pre-pubescent girl teasing her friends with the latest gossip. If you're town and have information we should hear, spit it out. Speaking of which, where is this "juicy info"? No lame excuses like saying "this case on you was the juice". I've clearly shown this case was much more of a raisin than a grape
Remember what I said about people deriving their scum tells from what they themselves do as scum. Remember ecto saying that it is scummy to attempt to pad arguments with petty insults? Put those together here.

Hope you all make the right choice.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #300 (isolation #58) » Tue May 29, 2007 7:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

um...What the hell are you talking about? I just did it... You weren't missing the point to begin with, but then you failed to respond to any of the points I brought up against you. THAT is where you missed the point, and that is what I am pointing out now, at the first opportunity I have. I swear...You don't even read my posts, do you?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #302 (isolation #59) » Tue May 29, 2007 7:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I agree with Ceph. Yama is a poor play today. I really see two plays: Ecto, and whomever replaced BHNY.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #303 (isolation #60) » Tue May 29, 2007 7:53 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yamahako wrote: Here's some things I will say:

TSQ has been beligerant and his case against Ectomancer is a box of crap labeled "new and improved" - but its still crap.
Yamahako wrote:@TSQ nice analysis. I don't agree with every point, but you do make a good case.
Thats the main thing that confuses me about him....
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #306 (isolation #61) » Tue May 29, 2007 8:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Anix, commenting on the other issues of the day would be nice. it is the 11th hour, after all.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #308 (isolation #62) » Tue May 29, 2007 9:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Have you read his responses? They're not even close to responding to what I am saying, yama.

Also, thank you for explaining that inconsistancy, makes sense now. Though, I think cases are something that reflects a genuine suspicion, tbh. If a scum makes a case, I think it will be on someone that they are suspicious of. This is because cases take a LONG TIME, especially when they are so comprehensive.

Also, I can definitely tell you that CPE saying "I am never helpful to the town." is not just a non sequitor. He really IS always not helpful to the town. That's kind of what he does.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #311 (isolation #63) » Tue May 29, 2007 6:05 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

AFAICT, your reasoning is basically "AniX does not help the town, therefore it is a good thing to lynch him. He also has as much chance to be scum as anyone else, so lynching him today is ok."

If I'm missing something, please direct me to it, but otherwise, it sure doesn't fly with me.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #312 (isolation #64) » Wed May 30, 2007 12:29 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

This game is REALLY starting to piss me off. COME ON PEOPLE. There are literally a million things to take positions on. Could you all stop standing on the fucking sidelines, and actually state an opinion?

Cavane
: You said you were waiting for ectos reply. You have now gotten it, and my reply as well. Post how you feel about that, as well as any other relevent game information.

Yama:
Tell me which side you are leaning to with regards to ecto after his reply and my reply and then his "I'm not talking about this anymore." reply? Please share.

Ceph:
This goes for you too. I want more than just fence sitting. I want you to actually take a position.

Anix
Please comment on everything that doesn't directly pertain to you. All you have been doing all game is defending yourself against a non-existant case from quag--Sure, his case is bad, but that doesn't mean you need to respond to it like 324234 times. The good players in the game know he's just being dumb.

Quag: SERIOUSLY WE ARE AT FUCKING DEADLINE, CUT THE CRAP! PLEASE ACTUALLY SERIOUSLY CONSIDER ANOTHER LYNCH, BECAUSE ANIX IS NOT HAPPENING. FOR FUCKS SAKES.

CPE:
WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU! Please post relevant opinions on everything currently being discussed, and stop being useless. You are a player in this game, so get crackling.

Anyone I may of forgotten, I am probably a bit annoyed at you too, and just forgot you were playing this game. This call out applies to you as much as to anyone else.

The only one, surprisingly enough, who I think this doesn't apply to is ecto. Who has been posting, at least.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #321 (isolation #65) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:22 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Ectomancer wrote:
Cephrir wrote:
Ecto wrote:Speaking of nondefenses, do you plan to respond to my questions to you?
What questions?

And here's a definite opinion for you, TSQ.
Vote Ecto
Here they are again. BTW, this response perfectly illustrates your willingness to push what you percieve as the popular wagon without bothering to comment on the content at all, or present anything yourself.
Ectomancer wrote:
Cephrir wrote:
Cavane wrote:You have some good points in there, and I'm considering them. I'd like to see how Ecto responds before I consider changing my vote. I'm also curious as to why you've waited this long to present your case. The posts you quoted have all been around for over a week.
Quoted For Obligatory "Me Too."
Cephrir wrote:
Unvote

I'm thinking Yama or Ecto.
Let's see. You have 8 posts, which consist of "gut feelings", an explanation of where you get your gut feelings, a single post where you actually gave 2 one liners of legitimate material, and a "me too".
Concerning the "me too", you didn't even address the reply at all. Just a "Im thinking Yama or Ecto"? Are you not even going to attempt to address the holes in TSQ's "case" that I pointed out? Do you have actual logical reasons for your votes or will we just need to accept your "gut feelings" on things this game?
As irritated as I am at Quag, players making "cases" full of holes, and then Cephir pushing the popular wagons
without addressing the actual content or building a case of his own
is going to have me moving my vote in very short order.
I agree with this.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #329 (isolation #66) » Thu May 31, 2007 3:38 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I support one of three lynches. Ecto, obviously, though I like his latest posts a lot, cephrir, because I don't like how he's hanging back this game, and I don't like how he piled on the vote on ecto. It seemed opportunistic to me, and lowell, who has not said anything worthwhile since replacing into a deadlined game. In addition, I was fairly suspicious of BHNY as well.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #333 (isolation #67) » Thu May 31, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm not attacking him for being unhelpful. I am attacking him for lurking in plain sight.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #335 (isolation #68) » Thu May 31, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

We have 4 days...
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #338 (isolation #69) » Thu May 31, 2007 4:04 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

BHNY has already been replaced by lowell.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #342 (isolation #70) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:29 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

My thoughts are pretty clear. I will support a lynch of either of my three at dl.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #344 (isolation #71) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I said lowell, not BHNY. I said I found BHNY scummy too, which helped me in wanting to lynch lowell.

I am not seeing dean. If you want to hilight some things about him to look at, I would be more than willing to. Right now, it seems like most of our concensus is on ceph. So with deadline in 2 days,

vote: ceph
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #345 (isolation #72) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:24 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

ARE YOU KIDDING ME PEOPLE! WE ARE ONE DAY FROM DEADLINE.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #352 (isolation #73) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:11 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Please state what the "obvious scumtells" are, if you expect me to be convinced by them.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #360 (isolation #74) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

JACKIE IS THE MAN,
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #365 (isolation #75) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:17 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Nick, I am rescinding my comment earlier about your awesomeness.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #378 (isolation #76) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:37 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

vote anix

I am sure he's scum.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #380 (isolation #77) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:49 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'll wait to see how he reacts, but I guarentee you I have a better 'case' then quag or yama.

AniX, explain why you think theres a role blocker in this game.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #382 (isolation #78) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

creampuffeater wrote:interesting to say the least.
:Not helpful: to say the most.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #385 (isolation #79) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:42 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I don't have powers. I want to know why aniX thinks he was role blocked.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #398 (isolation #80) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:06 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Vote: Lowell
I was wrong about aniX.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #403 (isolation #81) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:03 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

The two?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #405 (isolation #82) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:56 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Pressuring aniX here is != smart.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #407 (isolation #83) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:17 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

:good posting:
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #409 (isolation #84) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

yama, you know who I am, stop pretending you don't, Your continued insistance that you don't proves that you're just doing this to be an ass, and not because it actually effects your gameplay in any way.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #411 (isolation #85) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think I've commented quite a bit on the game. I too would like aniX to answer your question.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #419 (isolation #86) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:52 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

dood, you realize it was a day start, right?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #425 (isolation #87) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Don't claim a role, but did anyone target me, and get blocked?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #427 (isolation #88) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Prods on people please, Jackie.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #429 (isolation #89) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:01 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Fuck this. I've had it with you lackluster morons.

Jackie, please replace me.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #456 (isolation #90) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yamahako wrote:
creampuffeater wrote:no
And you know this because you're discussing this therad outside of the game?
This is exactly the kind of asshole shit that is making me hate this game. Yes I am being replaced. If Nick doesn't want to, thats too fucking bad.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #768 (isolation #91) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'll take over modding the endgame if PWS needs me to.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #774 (isolation #92) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:24 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

K. Everyone send me your roles, and we'll get this going. I'm going to confirm the roles with Nick, so no one try to pull any fast ones. Lets get this game over with.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #780 (isolation #93) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:24 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I have all roles now, I need to talk to PWS about something, and then I will get the game underway.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #783 (isolation #94) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yes, got the setup, everything. The only hitch was busting my laptop. Don;t worry meme, you can take this game off your "to do" list.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #785 (isolation #95) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Oops, looks like I forgot to ask Jeep for mod rights. Will do now.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #788 (isolation #96) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm here. I'll try to do this on monday.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #794 (isolation #97) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Thestatusquo »