Mini 429: Planar Chaos Mafia- Finally over (thanks ABR!)

DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:49 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

I have had some experience with him. It is not unusual for him to push some one with no reasoning, but this one sit's uneasily with me.
Right now I can't think of any card in PC that would suit a jester though.
I think the bulk of the discussion right now is going no where.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:21 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

What about a lyncher?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:44 am

Post by Quagmire »

Yamahako wrote:
Cavane wrote:I'm entertaining the idea that Quagmire may be a Jester. He's been pushing his random vote senselessly WAY past the time that everyone else has moved on. And just look at his last post.
Or he just wants to get rid of Anix. Anix can be annoying sometimes :-D
Very close; the only think I'd change in that sentence is "sometimes".
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:45 am

Post by Quagmire »

think? I meant "thing"
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:51 am

Post by AniX »

I already made that "annoying" joke, starfox.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:53 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Who is Starfox?

If the names registered to play this game cant be used, Im going to have to ask to replace me. Otherwise Im going to just start voting anyone who does it, and that wouldn't be fair to the rest of the town.
If I sound like a jerk, so be it. If you want people to call you a different name, you should have registered under it.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

um, pretty sure starfox isn't a nickname. Pretty sure it's just aniX being. Also, pretty sure you quitting the game for something that stupid, and easily remedied by a little work on your part would be one of the biggest dick moves anyone could do to a mod, other that ruining a game.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Kison »

Ok, well, this game has gone no-where. I also am unsure of what the votes are at.

Vote : Anix
. Pushing is not nice.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Why?
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by AniX »

Yeah, thats just me being me. I called people random names in a sarcastic or amusing manner, like hippies call people "daddy-o" and old people call people "sonny". Its not an actual reference to someone's name.

But yeah, I think quitting a game because you don't like that someone used a nickname is a pretty immature move, and I'm almost tempted to start referring to everyone, myself included in third person, by a nickname just for the sheer craziness of you making that statement. But I won't because that would be a dick move to the Doctor of Modology (OH NOES, A NICKNAME! DON'T BANDWAGONS ME!)

Serious, Captain Charisma, I think Mr. 11th Hour will need to agree with Stadium when I say that you need to chill out. Or at least make good on your threat to vote me.

Now that we've had our fun, can we please return to the game at hand?
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by AniX »

What is Pushing?

If the terms we all know in mafia can't be used, I'm going to have to ask to replace me. Otherwise I'm going to just start voting anyone who does it, and that wouldn't be fair to the rest of the town.
If I sound like a jerk, so be it. If you want people to call you a different term, you should have let people know of its existence beforehand. :mrgreen:
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by Kison »

Really, I feel as if we're still in the random voting stage due to that last page or so of nonsense, so I'm just picking someone and hoping they'll slip up. Not much success so far. :(
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Really? I feel that I have a pretty good read on 3-5 people.
creampuffeater
creampuffeater
Virgin
creampuffeater
Virgin
Virgin

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by creampuffeater »

yes... now why is somebody dead yet?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:57 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I really dont give a rats ass if you find it childish or not. I've asked repeatedly for it to stop, and yet this little clique insists on doing it. Im tired of these references to shit outside of this thread, not restricted just to the names, but as an example, the reference to MTG:S. I dont think I need to quote every instance where it has been done. It would number over a dozen by now. Below is where I expressed opposition to this little habit. I think thats enough effort TSQ before I put the onus on the mod to deal with it.
If the mod wants to allow this to continue, have fun. Just get a replacement.
Ectomancer wrote:Shea? Jackie? This is practically secret code to those who dont know the names behind the players.
Ectomancer wrote: I've gotten a little more comfortable with the answer, but I really wish people would not make these references to out of game situations or even refer to players as any name other than the one to the left when they post.

vote Anix
for being a dumbass.
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by Cavane »

This is ridiculous. We've got the veteren's club here making inside jokes, calling each other by AIM or other nicknames, making inside jokes, playing with very unorthodox styles, and the rest of us who haven't been around for months and years are completely lost. It's not helpful, it's not fun, and it's getting old. Time to play Mafia.
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by Cavane »

And I mentioned inside jokes twice because they're twice as annoying.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by AniX »

Kid, I know for a fact I haven't made a single reference to MTG: S this entire thread, so bully for that being connected to me.

I like how I'm a dumbass because I'm not accepting your overreaction and tantrum as acceptable mafia-playing behavior.

But as long as we are on the subject, how about YOU stop referring to people by name's not next to their name. My name is AniX, but you insist on referring to me as Anix. That is not the name of a player in this game. So how can you complain about people not using the name exactly as written if you yourself cannot follow your own rules. See how petty that sounded? Thats because I'm taking your own tone against you.

I would vote you, but being you being a crybaby, while an unfortunate situation for everyone involved, is not a scumtell. So I'll make a deal with you: You stop crying and start playing a game of mafia, I'll try to keep my "super secret magic codewords" to a minimum. Or you keep complaining, I refer to everyone as various members of the Greek Pantheon, we both leave angry, we both waste more time in this game, and give the mod more work as he either A) Needs to break up the fight or B) Needs to replace one or both of us.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
BeHappyNewyear
BeHappyNewyear
Goon
BeHappyNewyear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by BeHappyNewyear »

DeanWinchester wrote:I have had some experience with him. It is not unusual for him to push some one with no reasoning, but this one sit's uneasily with me.
Right now I can't think of any card in PC that would suit a jester though.
I think the bulk of the discussion right now is going no where.
I know it's not technically PC, but there was Stuffy Doll in Time Spiral. He/she/it might work.

(Also, in the process of rereading.)
If you came here expecting anything even remotely resembling that of a signature, you are sadly mistaken...
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by AniX »

Cavane wrote:This is ridiculous. We've got the veteren's club here making inside jokes, calling each other by AIM or other nicknames, making inside jokes, playing with very unorthodox styles, and the rest of us who haven't been around for months and years are completely lost. It's not helpful, it's not fun, and it's getting old. Time to play Mafia.
I agree. (Except for the unorthodox style part. Unorthodox doesn't mean bad or wrong, it just means its something we haven't see 100 times before).

What I'm complaining against is the tone he took. He took me referring to Quag as "starfox" (which isn't a inside joke or secret code at all, but in fact a mere random word I use, like someone might use kid, old man, gramps, Prof., Einstein, etc. etc.) and then went on a godzilla-like rampage where he basically threw himself on the ground and banged his fists and threatened to quit if everything isn't exactly the way he wants it. Thats the incorrect way to handle things and reaks of immaturity, so I proceeded to satire the entire event for a series of 1-3 posts, this being my fourth, and last, addressing of the subject. Everyone shut the hell up about whatever stupid problems you have with nicknames and PLAY. SOME. MAFIA.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:26 pm

Post by Cavane »

Thank you, sir. Though I'm not entirely sure where to go from here. The discussion derailed some time ago, and this page is pretty much all tantrums, so... random voting again? I don't really like that option at all, ANY other suggestions would be greatly welcome.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by AniX »

I believe discussion last focused on The Prof. Quag and his refusal to play the game.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by Kison »

Ecto, I see where you're coming from, but don't replace out. It's not worth it, seriously.

AniX, whether or not you think Ectomancer is being childish, could we just end the shit right here and play the game?

And if that's not enough, how about you two decide on which of you we're lynching so we can at least move on.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:47 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Anix, you are a dumbass for trying to turn this into something personal between us, when it is an issue of this entire clique that insists on using other names than their forum name. Thank you for entirely missing the point and trying to misconstrue what I've said into an attack solely on your petty ego. I love the term Godzilla-like rampage. Best case of exaggeration I've read in a long time.
I dont throw childish tantrums, I stated the facts plain and simple. I quoted where twice that I brought up the subject, and it looks to me like it continued with your use of Starfox. I dont have a list of all of your screennames you use on AIM, other mafia sites or in your mothers basement. You appear to be associated with that clique, and your buddies have been throwing around other names the entire game, so yes, my reaction to it was entirely within my bounds. You are welcome to continue in any manner that the mod sees appropriate, I however will not be involved with people using outside names and conversations and refusing to drop their usage.

FYI, you could have ended this before it started by just
using the names you registered with

Oh yes, my kids have kids....Kid.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:58 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

You know what. There're just some things you're going to have to deal with with mafia games.

1) People will know each other outside of a game context. They will therefore interact with each other with a little bit more familiarity that with other players. This is completely normal. Unless it starts actually effecting the game (I.E. If aniX suddenly decided that he was not going to vote CPE because he likes him a lot.) it's your job to deal with it. It's an inherency on a mafia site that some people have been here a lot, and will have played, talked, interacted with others more than you have. There has not been one thing in this game that was game related that 1) was so incomprehensible that it couldn't be figured out, or 2) That was game related (I.E. not an obvious joke.) The onus is on you, as players. This is not a problem with this game, but instead with forum mafia where people know each other. You're going to have to deal. Furthermore, if you had ASKED instead of bitched and moaned about people using nick names, we would have just told it to you, and then it wouldn't be 'elitist, and cliquey.' The only reason it was, was because you didn't make the effort to find out what was going on, but instead tried to bitch and moan.

2) People will play with playstyles different from yours. This is my playstyle. I am not going to modify it for you, or anyone else in this world. I am not playing this way to confuse you, and I am not playing this way because of you, I am playing this way because this is how I enjoy my mafia.

We are playing mafia, you are not. All you are doing is complaining, bitching, and trying to find fault with what everyone else is doing, when it is pretty much par for the course. I suggest you stop trying to make the site change, and instead adapt to the site, or you are not going to have very much fun here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”