NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5625 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:19 am

Post by Generic »

Its a matter of timing. Theoretically he stepped in to derail the wagon on SSK which given we now see SSK is scum who's given up pretending he should be town by the assumption scum wouldn't risk their cover to spare another.
It's wifom because why wouldn't he perform a double bluff if he is experienced, it's no different to the theory that Sakura hana faked a blacklist tell and AtE meta.

I had written him off as low down the PoE for that very action until I saw that post. It bothers me a lot because he had defended SSK yet we now have heavy suspicion he's scum and he sort of shrugs and asks a weird question with no detail or premise to expand to a larger theory.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5626 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:19 am

Post by Empire »

Day 3, Votecount 5
MafiaSSK (2)
-
Sakura Hana, BROseidon

Ser Arthur Dayne (1)
-
pieguyn

MC Maraca (1)
-
Casso the King of Seals

Casso the King of Seals (1)
-
MC Maraca

Bert (1)
-
Ser Arthur Dayne

Not Voting (10)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, MafiaSSK, Norlkaz, goodmorning, zMuffinMan, KoreanBBQ, geists, Cephrir, Bert, Generic

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch! Deadline is on January 26th at 4:30 PM EST or in (expired on 2014-01-26 17:28:18)

Mod Notes
-
N/A
Last edited by Empire on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5627 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:21 am

Post by Generic »

Lol, stole top spot from empire! ;)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5628 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:31 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Generic, I too found it a little odd that SSK scum-claimed today. I expected him to say that he was roleblocked or that his protect failed or that he protected someone else and for everyone to argue how stupid that was and to spend the entire day arguing why he ought to be lynched. It was actually a pleasant surprise to find that we could focus on other scum. I agree with the double-bluff but it can be town bluffing as well:

Subject: /in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!
In post 436, Llamarble wrote:As other folks town it up, I feel increasingly good about lynching Penguin.
In post 291, penguin_alien wrote: I thought you stating that we should lynch CTD as more emphatic than just voting him seemed like an extreme reaction. It felt fake, but I wasn't sure where you were going with it. Basically, saying we should lynch someone, saying that they're acting scummy, and voting them is just overkill as a reaction early on. It makes a lot more sense that you were using it more as a reaction test than a sentiment you were committed to.
Scum are taken aback by somebody they know is town faking stuff and immediately wonder what the idea is.
'Where is this player going with this' is therefore a very common scum reaction to weird town play.
It's less common from town, who aren't particularly worried about where that player is going with their action; they just want to find out if the player is scum or not.
So maybe DV's reaction test silliness helped catch us a scumbag after all :)
He seems to like faking stuff for the reactions. This explains his FOS on Cephrir after he misinterprets Cephrir's "throws a fit" as annoyance at the disintegration of the SSK wagon. Going to have to see the extent to which he can do this as scum.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5629 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:33 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5603, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I'll be pretty happy if you can help me through them by providing comments so we can hash them out together.
sure. since we seem to be talking about norl I'll start there
In post 5604, Cephrir wrote:re not lynching SSK: perhaps the more important thing to me is that if we don't lynch scum today my morale for this game will drop from 0 to -15.

I did crusade against SAD but he's done some things since then (ie flipping on me) that don't make much sense from a scum perspective since then. He does deserve a reread though. Soon I'll probably comb his iso, make a wall about him with no particular point at the outset, and see what I end up thinking, because that is sort of what I do, and then I'll make all of you read the whole thing and follow my thought process because I can.
SSK might as well be already lynched. look at it this way. suppose you knew 100% player x is scum but no one else knew it and then you lynch SSK today and get NK'ed. then player x could talk his way out of a lynch down the road when you could otherwise have stopped him today. also if lynching scum would boost your morale then we can always just find and lynch a scum who isn't SSK o/
In post 5618, Generic wrote:But his involvement in this game represents potential wifom, and if we choose someone else and they are town he is still there with a vote to quick hammer immediately.
if we don't wanna worry about WIFOM all we need to do is ignore everything SSK posts. and we can prevent a quickhammer by not putting anyone at L-1 and considering L-2 as the ~real~ L-1.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5630 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:53 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5613, Norlkaz wrote:I'm not sure why SSK gave up; it's not like we'd expect his protect to work anyway.
first off I think what he meant by this was that we would be expecting SSK to be roleblocked if he really was town doc. so idk if this actually means anything in terms of alignment

the first thing I saw is in relation to . the first one makes me think he really did believe in his towncase, but then 4927 indicates he agrees there's a lot of counterarguments for it, which is not the kind of conviction I'd expect after 4793. it definitely make sense in the context of him trying to derail the wagon and then having to backpedal on his stance when it didn't work

the massive wallpost defending SSK is null as it could easily come from scum defending a buddy. I don't get the logic here though
In post 4789, Norlkaz wrote:The "I think Geists is a great asset to the town but not a good choice for town leader / what masons?" line of thought sounds genuine.
It particularly sounds :Unguided: so I'll be impressed if it turns out to be a scum-QT-product.
would it really be hard to make smth like that up as scum? I remember in touhou upick when me and GIF had daychat and were working out what I would claim on D2 and then I fked up the actual claim and we had to completely wing it. so I disagree that unguided != scum

In post 4789, Norlkaz wrote:I hope I have not embarrassed myself by defending scum.
I don't like this either bc it sets up for a really easy backpedal if SSK flips scum.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5631 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:54 am

Post by pieguyn »

mb derailing and then backpedaling isn't the right idea. testing the waters might be better? he may have wanted to throw smth out there and see how everyone responds, to see if derailing the wagon is even possible
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5632 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:02 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5628, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:He seems to like faking stuff for the reactions. This explains his FOS on Cephrir after he misinterprets Cephrir's "throws a fit" as annoyance at the disintegration of the SSK wagon. Going to have to see the extent to which he can do this as scum.
this also makes sense but idk if he did this here considering he was calling SSK town sicne before there was even a wagon on SSK
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5633 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:08 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5625, Generic wrote:I had written him off as low down the PoE for that very action until I saw that post. It bothers me a lot because he had defended SSK yet we now have heavy suspicion he's scum and he sort of shrugs and asks a weird question with no detail or premise to expand to a larger theory.
good point

the other thing I don't get is if he faked a towncase for reactions why wouldn't he just come straight out and say "hey guys, this was a reaction test, this guy is town and xxx and yyy are scum I'm the strongest suck it" or smth along those lines? if it was faked from a town motivation it'd be way better to clear all the confusion afterward
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5634 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:28 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5630, pieguyn wrote:first off I think what he meant by this was that we would be expecting SSK to be roleblocked if he really was town doc. so idk if this actually means anything in terms of alignment
If he was town doc he'd be scumhunting right now instead of trolling.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #5635 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:51 am

Post by Bert »

Having a period of inactivity everywhere atm, will be back in two days though. Sorry!
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5636 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:22 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

This is boring. I hate cheese. Cheese is dumb. That trolling was dumb.

I protected Bro last night. Yell at me all you want. Call me scum for not protecting Domo, I don't care. But I didn't.

And I wanted to have fun. So I started to troll about cheese. Never again.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5637 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oh, shut up.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5638 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

And suddenly after i call him out on that...
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5639 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:25 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 5638, Sakura Hana wrote:And suddenly after i call him out on that...
Sakura bro, two things.

One. You're not the first to say that.
Two. There's no scumhunting there. I'm just dropping the whole cheese schtick.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5640 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5637, Cephrir wrote:Oh, shut up.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5641 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:52 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5639, MafiaSSK wrote:Two. There's no scumhunting there. I'm just dropping the whole cheese schtick.
Good to know that you have no intention of scumhunting then.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5642 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:11 am

Post by Bert »

SSK's trolling wasn't helping him actually get lynched, so now he's trying to be semi-serious. Lol.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5643 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:16 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 5641, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 5639, MafiaSSK wrote:Two. There's no scumhunting there. I'm just dropping the whole cheese schtick.
Good to know that you have no intention of scumhunting then.
Nah. I'm just not feeling it right now. I've had a long day of classes today.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5644 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5640, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5637, Cephrir wrote:Oh, shut up.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5645 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:44 am

Post by Bert »

MafiaSSK, please refrain from speaking.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5646 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:48 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 5635, Bert wrote:Having a period of inactivity everywhere atm, will be back in two days though. Sorry!
Its all the posts like this that has me worried about you. I also never speculated about you being town, like ever, so IDK where you got that crap.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5647 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:53 am

Post by Bert »

In post 5646, KoreanBBQ wrote:I also never speculated about you being town, like ever, so IDK where you got that crap.
:lol:
In post 5475, KoreanBBQ wrote:In FEA, much like this game, Hanna got ran up, made a big stink and then started this whole "you guys should lynch me." crap. She was town and yea, it makes me worry that you are town but I hate the way you are implying that you must be town for doing the same thing.
Also, I don't care because I got stood up yesterday so I'm not taking my games seriously for a few days, sorry!
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5648 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:01 am

Post by KoreanBBQ »

So apparently I did. Oh well.

Still think you've been pretty scummy and with all you're active lurking type posts so still don't care if you die.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #5649 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:02 am

Post by Bert »

I don't care if you die either! I'm glad our feelings are mutual!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”