/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:09 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 272, N wrote:so I'm trying a new thing

Is the new thing "not scumhunting"?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:10 am

Vi, how anti-town is your scum play?

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:12 am

Post by Vi »

In post 276, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Vi, how anti-town is your scum play?
I'm never scum. You can even check my wiki win stats.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:14 am

Post by Faraday »

Day 1, Votecount 11

Nachomamma8 (1) - N
penguin_alien (3) - Cogito Ergo Sum, Llamarble, Deasvail
Deasvail (1) - Konowa
Shadoweh (1) - WickedestJr
Llamarble (6) - Benmage, Empire, CrashTextDummie, Vi, penguin_alien, Tierce

Johhog (2) - Nachomamma8, Tammy
Empire (1) - Shadoweh

Not voting (1) :
Johhog

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of March at 00:38am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-04 20:30:28)
  • Tierce is V/la

:shifty:
Last edited by Faraday on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:15 am

Post by Konowa »

I'll be here this afternoon, when I said I had to completely change my schedule around this week I forgot it included Saturday morning as well.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:18 am

Post by Tierce »

Vi,
what
contradiction? Explain it to me like I'm a scatterbrained puppyhalf.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:21 am

Post by Vi »

In post 280, Tierce wrote:Vi,
what
contradiction? Explain it to me like I'm a scatterbrained puppyhalf.
Why is Llamarble giving Johhog a pass for
"Whoa why did you get a different impression from mine" is town because town expect others to agree with them whereas mafia realize they have a different perspective.
and then voting Wetfox in his next post?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:30 am

Post by Tierce »

What do you think is Llamarble's reasoning for voting Deas?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:41 am

Post by Vi »

In post 282, Tierce wrote:What do you think is Llamarble's reasoning for voting Deas?
(or if you so prefer)

I'm not against pointing out the weird noncommitality of post 146 but that came long after Llamarble's vote in 113.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:50 am

Post by Tierce »

I mean, I commented on it as well, and I still think it's one of the weirdest things from him:
In post 114, Tierce wrote:@Llamarble--why did you completely drop your previous lines of reasoning to vote Deas without commenting on posts made by your "previous" scum suspects?
His reasoning was "not enough time for etc.", which is etc. of itself. But but--seriously, look at N. u._.u *whimper*
Please?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:58 am

Post by Vi »

In post 284, Tierce wrote:I mean, I commented on it as well, and I still think it's one of the weirdest things from him:
In post 114, Tierce wrote:@Llamarble--why did you completely drop your previous lines of reasoning to vote Deas without commenting on posts made by your "previous" scum suspects?
His reasoning was "not enough time for etc.", which is etc. of itself. But but--seriously, look at N. u._.u *whimper*
Please?
N is fluffier than me. Such a thing cannot stand.

---
CES 271 wrote:Mind you, I'm not talking about the quirky "emulating Glrok" type of anti-town; I'm talking "let's just push
this mislynch
hard".
Do you have something to tell the class, CES?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:01 am

Is this the "taking quotes out of context" part of your scum meta?

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:04 am

Post by Vi »

Give the context behind calling Llamarble a mislynch, then.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:05 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 272, N wrote:I've noticed in quite a few of my games I've alienated people and gotten myself mislynched, so I'm trying a new thing. I'm not sure what you're exactly expecting from me (have you gotten my meta mixed up with someone else's?), but I can go through the whole thread and make snarky comments if you'd like?
So your solution to the Final Problem is "do nothing", and you assume what I want from you is
snark
instead of actual content?

Okay. No. Not buying it.

Enter Zhar-ptitsa.

UNVOTE: Llamarble
VOTE: N
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:23 am

Vi-penguin-N it is, then.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:24 am

Empire, can you do a cool little anti-Vi screed?

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:25 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 161, DeasVail wrote:Penguin, what was your reaction when you saw my first post?

I thought you stating that we should lynch CTD as more emphatic than just voting him seemed like an extreme reaction. It felt fake, but I wasn't sure where you were going with it. Basically, saying we should lynch someone, saying that they're acting scummy, and voting them is just overkill as a reaction early on. It makes a lot more sense that you were using it more as a reaction test than a sentiment you were committed to.

In post 248, Wickedestjr wrote:Can you please elaborate on this (specifically the bolded)? Why do you think an 'abrupt 180' would limit the amount of information that was gained?

Stemming from the DeasVail provocation, my way of thinking is that if you're going to put yourself out on a limb like that, why not commit fully until you get something that gives you a solid read or two? Assuming it doesn't cause you to get wagoned on up; obviously then the need to abort takes priority. Instead he retracts his statement within 50 posts, and I don't see that any of his reads really follow from the reactions. I don't know if it would have been more effective to take it further, but I don't think he's demonstrated that it was useful as executed.

In post 177, Llamarble wrote:Penguin, did you realize I was Norlkaz (due to my mispost in this game) before you voted for me?

Yes, since you cut and pasted your account-slipped post. What does that have to do with anything? We played together in one game for one day where I spent most of my time trying to refute the assumption that the slot I'd replaced for rule-breaking had had irreconcilable differences with a scum teammate to bring about the force-replace, so while you played a good town game there, it wasn't anything I got much a chance to interact with. (If by 'led the town to victory' in 1412 you mean you didn't lynch a confirmed town vig over scum at LyLo, then yes, I concur) (And as smarmy as Kirk is, I prefer that avatar to the scary blue face, so.)

The thing about the question you say you've addressed sufficiently (why including a link in an RVS post was so very scummy) was that you did nothing to put any weight behind that opinion, yet it was enough to make a serious vote. You deflect when first questioned: #126 and so saying:

In post 174, Llamarble wrote:Also I have elaborated on my reasons for voting people rather more than is typical for me early on, including at least one explanation of exactly the question you asked.

doesn't work for me. And your elaboration for jumping around on your scum reads without commenting on their intervening posts was:

In post 126, Llamarble wrote:There is only so much time in a day.

which doesn't address anything. So I'm fine with my vote for now.

As far as addressing people voting for me, given that at least two seem to be gut reads with one stemming from a wagon Konowa started to see what would happen as near as I can tell, there's not much to say. Since I know I'm town, Johhog's persistence didn't set off alarm bells, and I don't think Shadoweh's opening post was overly sketchy, even with the 'town voting bloc' idea; about on the same level as DeasVail's overly-energetic jump on CTD.

After Llamarble, my clearest read echos most everyone else's in that Benmage seems town. I don't know what to make of N, but since the only game I've played with him was with him as scum pulling the wool over my eyes with a fake claim, I don't have a personal point of reference for changes in his style since then. Unless he wants to claim cop with an innocent on me, in which case I do promise I won't make the same mistake twice! :wink: More seriously, when I played with him as scum, he really worked to keep himself clean in contrast to his play here where he's not working to establish himself as pro-town.

Tammy, is it only Johhog's passivity that's making you think he's scum, or is there something more specific in his posting?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:27 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 246, N wrote:
In post 244, Tammy wrote:
In post 243, N wrote:I can understand both the Llama and Johhog wagons, but I dunno - Nacho is always scum.

You say you read ny160b (which some at the end of the game said was underpowered anyway) and still say nacho is always scum?

I mean that's fine for an rvs vote, but 10 pages in?

I should have made that clearer:
he's always scum in games with me

This is just annoying to keep talking about.
In post 248, Wickedestjr wrote:Okay, well why did you say he was, then?

At the time, I thought he might be? Dur?

In post 254, Wickedestjr wrote:
I'll admit, I'm struggling to develop many strong reads. And I dislike checking other games (for meta purposes) to develop/strengthen reads in this one, but I might have to do this soon anyway seeing as I'm only somewhat familiar with two or three players here. I'm kinda frustrated/stressed/tired right now so I plan to look a little deeper tomorrow. And I'm hoping to establish more stronger reads asap.

Ding Ding Ding, scum found.

Town:
1) Benmage
13) Tammy
5) Empire
10) Nachomamma8
9) N
2) Cogito Ergo Sum
3) CrashTextDummie

SLight town:
4)DeasVail

N/A
11) penguin_alien

Slight Scum:
8) Llamarble
12) Shadoweh
14) Tierce

Scum:
6) Johhog
7) Konowa
15) Vi
16) Wickedest
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:31 am

Post by Benmage »

Penguin looks good.

Buncha low fruit h8ters.

unvote vote Vi
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:39 am

Unvote, vote: Vi

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:44 am

In post 292, Benmage wrote:
I'll admit, I'm struggling to develop many strong reads. And I dislike checking other games (for meta purposes) to develop/strengthen reads in this one, but I might have to do this soon anyway seeing as I'm only somewhat familiar with two or three players here. I'm kinda frustrated/stressed/tired right now so I plan to look a little deeper tomorrow. And I'm hoping to establish more stronger reads asap.

How is that not a doubleplusplausible position for someone like wicked to find himself in?

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:47 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 295, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 292, Benmage wrote:

How is that not a doubleplusplausible position for someone like wicked to find himself in?

Isn't everything doubleplusplausible?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:57 am

Most things are plausible. Reasonably few things are doubleplusplausible.

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:37 am

Post by Empire »

In post 220, Tierce wrote:It's the N and Konowa reads I'm worried about. Your Townreads are lovely and keep 'em coming. I'll be chilling in Paris (literally, the city is COLD in February wtf give me my Mediterranean weather) while you have to churn out content, so etc. (>")>

Well, I think us coming to the same conclusion isn't a big deal generally? We did agree on pretty much everything in Alduskkel's Mini Normal after all. And I think we're reaching the same conclusions in slightly different ways here anyway.

In post 241, Tammy wrote:Empire your stil voting llamarble? Why not johhog?

Johhog's still null to me whereas I feel like Llamarble leans scum. I had the same impression re: Llamarble's p. 1 vote on Konowa but his later content has been lacking.

In post 248, Wickedestjr wrote:@Empire- you said that you found DeasVail's vote for CTD to be suspicious because it seemed lazy and opportunistic. If DeasVail was scum trying to be lazy and opportunistic, then why did you think he would vote for CTD rather than penguin? I'm especially curious considering penguin had received several votes and none of the votes for penguin in RVS were justified.

Largely meta-based: like I said earlier, my impression of DV-scum is that he's a lot more image conscious and tries to go for more blatant grabs at towncred by playing in a textbook way, so I think he'd be more likely to put down a serious vote on CTD as scum than on penguin because there's an element of pro-town posturing in balking at someone suggesting something unconventional so early (which is where the opportunism element comes in). The penguin wagon at the time was the kind of arbitrary RVS wagon that happens all the time in games so I didn't really think anything of it.

In post 272, N wrote:I've noticed in quite a few of my games I've alienated people and gotten myself mislynched, so I'm trying a new thing. I'm not sure what you're exactly expecting from me (have you gotten my meta mixed up with someone else's?), but I can go through the whole thread and make snarky comments if you'd like?

What the fuck? How does this make any sense? "I've been getting mislynched a lot by alienating people, so I'm going to try something different and alienate people even more by not posting content."

In post 274, Vi wrote:I just did.
I'll freely admit that he's very much like Sherlock in what I hear in the subtext of what he posts, but that contradiction is dubious.

I'm not seeing the contradiction at all...

In post 285, Vi wrote:
CES 271 wrote:Mind you, I'm not talking about the quirky "emulating Glrok" type of anti-town; I'm talking "let's just push
this mislynch
hard".
Do you have something to tell the class, CES?

...really, Vi? You're better than this.

In post 290, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Empire, can you do a cool little anti-Vi screed?

I'll look at Vi's meta again later since I'm going out tonight. I remember you were in all the games I looked at though (Black Flag, Chrono Trigger Resurrection, Tierce's Micro, etc.) so you might want to take a look at those too.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:38 am

Post by Empire »

God, I feel like fucking MoI with all the quote stripping, I need to stop doing that.

Also, I get the feeling that if I were CES, I'd be townreading Llamarble right now. Meh.

CES, thoughts on Konowa?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”