Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:57 pm

Post by Desperado »

Mala is still scum. Can we lynch her now?

@ Matt: I still think the timing of the replace-out threat points more towards scum than town. It was a pre-emptive, empty threat.
;)
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1021, shos wrote:I have read a big part of the ISO linked to in 85. I saw that there too wisdom spammed the thread and wasn't as pro-town as you'd expect. This does not mean that wisdom is town - rather, it means that it is going to be a PITA to read him either way.

Wisdom is asking a LOT of questions in this game here. some of them are actually good, I admit, but some (and other lines that go with them) are just terrible. So what I'm going to do is keep wisdom in my scum pile, but not for today's lynch. surely there's some role out there that can solve wisdom's alignment to us. So I'll keep my focus from now on until D2 on other people, barring something too wild happening, of course.

I have lots of things to read now and not too much time, and I wanna do it today so that tomorrow I can comment from work. so pardon me ignoring current activity and going 7-8 pages back.
I don't understand your thought process in ignoring wisdom today. He's asking a lot of questions so not today's lynch?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1022, shos wrote:@824:regarding the WKing, I really don't think that's alignment related. people do that as both alignemnt(even me); scum do it for cred, town do it because they actually believe in their read. so yeah, he's been WKing. if Mala flips scum, then we should take a careful look at Nacho. this is likely imo, btw.

and I don't see how nacho was 'subtle' lol x) he's been pushing me quite directly. but his push doesn't look like scum, imo. I mean, it's not ugly, irrational stupid things like wisdom did during the tunneltime; it's sorta-ok questions(btw I remember some need answers now that I've seen wisdom's other game). The bad thing that I find in these was that he, somehow, managed to disagree with me on ALL the points there. Or at least say that they're not alignement telling or something, iirc. so anyway, TLDR is I don't see him scummy, but not townie too. I'll probably have to ISO some people here to get a read on them. speaking of which - did AA9 get in here already?

p34 incoming
If you can show me any points in your case that are in wisdoms scumgame and prove it, thn I will sheep you.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1040, Whiskers wrote:What
I
want to know, is why you didn't answer any of
these
Spoiler:
In post 975, Wisdom wrote:
In post 974, Malakittens wrote:along with I'm only willing to hammer Wisdom
That's not what he said, he said that if someone puts me to L-1, he will hammer.
In post 976, Wisdom wrote:
In post 974, Malakittens wrote:Why didn't you ask me about that earlier?
I didn't care about it, I found it stupid and I had better things to care about. But now you keep repeating it in your attempts to justify your reads, which is bullshit.
In post 977, Wisdom wrote:
In post 974, Malakittens wrote:I'm aware Shos has been buddying Grim.
You said they both were hardbuddying each other, so no, you are not aware.
The wagon on Shos built a built quicker than I expected which leads to me that Shos could be town.
The speed of a wagon has no bearing on the wagonee's alignment. Find better excuses.
So having a Peng flip would give me more information on others players.
So now it's an information lynch? I thought you were just sure that penguin is scum. You can't even be consistent.
It's not "typical" bullshit scum make up. This is how I form some of my reads early in Day 1; I have been known to do it with some of my hydras and sometimes my partners don't even understand. It's just how I think; how I play; how I hunt. If that makes me sound scum so be it, but that's my thoughts on the process of the Shos-wagon.
It is. "hey guys it cant be scum-scum, it must be town-scum, and this one is the scum, lets lynch". Forced conclusions based on nothing that scum make up all the time.

Any why, despite not answering them, Wisdom unvoted you. Meta, I'm sure.
But I want Malakittens to answer
first
, then Wisdom.
Not, of course, that Malakittens actually does answer most of the stuff addressed to her.
I didn't answer them because the only last part was a question to me. The rest weren't really 'questions', hell I could have commented on them, but I chose not too because I misread what MattP said, but still doesn't change the fact I thought he had a vote restriction that was more closely related to a town-role than a scum role.

I did comment on the second one.

The only question in the third section is in regards to Peng. Yes, I think she's scum and yes I think she would give information to me in regards to other players. Yes I have a meta read on her, but no my vote on her isn't because of information itself, but I truely believe she'll flip scum.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 988, penguin_alien wrote:OK, staying awake long enough to figure out what's going on here.

I will say that I don't remember Mala storming out after me at the start of a game before. Can't find an example in my completed games. So for her to say that I'm acting differently that I have in the past when she's done this is perplexing.

I also don't see the tradeoff for scum-Mala to be investing so heavily in this scum read on me, since my town flip would leave her with egg on her face

Promised catch-up/coherent thoughts incoming.
That's not actually true. I did go after you at the start of a game before, but it was over another reason. Then I let it go because I realized that your comments rang genuine and that you weren't scum based soloely off that reason.

Remember when I went after you for not confirming right away in Mind Reader Mafia?

I went after you towards the end and your reactions to me felt different from what they are right now.

Note the bold:

Why are you so hesitant in this read. Sounds like part of you doesn't want to call me scum because you don't see why scum-Mala would go so hard after a mislynch, but you don't even want to call me town for it either. (Not that I was thinking you would call me town, but this just feels off to me.)
In post 992, penguin_alien wrote:I'm not getting 'scum' from the shos ISO. Reading through his posts, I find myself nodding along.

Wisdom looks town, mostly because it seems like he can't help himself as town from tunneling, being fixated on his reads, and generally not changing his game overmuch. Not what I saw from scum-Wisdom in Newbie 1448.

GG is paranoid and suspicious. Not looking for the easy buddy with shos, and he's not afraid to tangle with Nacho. His refutation of the 'Mala goes and looks up Actor to see if that could be MattP's role' supposed town tell is in line with my opinion as well.

Whiskers is town. Sorry, but scum don't see someone with an emotional playstyle and say, 'gee, let's push that person's buttons for funsies.'

AA9 is saying all the town-AA9 things, but in a game like this where she knows a decent number of people, I'd expect the interactive part of her style to be more front-and-center. Heaven knows I get being behind, but it's a drastic falloff. On the other hand, her defensiveness about it is townish, so I'd let it slide pending further info.

Desperado's willing to engage with mollie over the weak Whiskers scum read and tells Wisdom off. I disagree about shos, but I think he has a point with mollie.

Mala thinking that MattP would indicate his role so early on looks like hopeful scum. I don't think that Mala would pull any fake emotional stuff, so I think her frustration with Wisdom is genuine.

This:
In post 871, Malakittens wrote:
In post 868, Desperado wrote:@ Wisdom: Arc (early townread w/ mollie) and someone weird...Mirari?

Mala, I'm seeing the same things you are. I don't think it's her towngame either.

With that said, humans are...human, and she might just be off her towngame.
This doesn't chive w/ your last post before this.

You are now thinking Peng is a ML and I'm scum.

Get your feelings straight.
isn't town interacting with other people's reads. This is 'how dare you change your mind even a little bit.'

MattP, still don't see him laying out anything that convinces me shos is even scummy, let alone scum. (and to clarify, by 'following the game' I mean 'comprehending the arguments that mirror popular opinion' rather than 'reading the thread') But I'm willing to buy that he has a strong mutual town read on/with Wisdom, and Wisdom-town makes me think MattP-town.

Mirari, I don't like posts like this:
In post 216, Mirari wrote:Not that I know. I have only played two games here and I don't think you were a player in those games. I'm just asking you too vote because ooba votes are bad.
where it takes more than one post for Mirari to explain why ooba votes are bad. It's not helpful and reads as artificial to me.

Calling shos' posts filler is also a gross mischaracterization. You can disagree with the content, but there's no way they're fluff.
In post 699, Mirari wrote:Also the same reason penguin is scum. I just realized Mala is on her wagon. That increases the credibility of the wagon and the likelihood of penguin being scum if you ask me. Decisions, decisions...
This is odd. You don't mention Mala that I can find anywhere else before this in your postings, yet suddenly her being on my wagon makes it so much better. And to say that she's 'on my wagon' is a mild way of putting it; she's been on my wagon forever pushing my lynch. This isn't some surprising new development that represents someone changing her mind about me.

Nacho, don't agree with all his stances, but I'm getting a gut-town vibe off him. Anything further I'd like to think I can sort out a bit further down the line.

ooba, here:
In post 770, ooba wrote:Penguin scum flip would mean Mala town. Plus I never liked the fact that Nacho was on the shos wagon. Lets see where this leads..

Vote: Penguin
seems like town being frank. And considering their wagons in light of other reads, instead of trying to push lynches through irrespective of inconsistencies in their stances. I'd like it better without the slight implication of it being an exploratory vote. Also seems flexible in a non-scummy way.

mollie, still don't comprehend the inflexibility on Whiskers earlier. I get being annoyed with someone, but at a certain point it's only reasonable to step back and see if there's a non-'people are attacking me!' explanation. The Whiskers conflict read as a good way for mollie to kill time. The chair discussion also seems null. Yes, I've seen town-mollie pull it out, but I certainly wouldn't draw conclusions from it, given that the goal of the game as scum is to play a town game in any aspects that don't damage your team's chances. The chair pic falls under that category.

Overall reads:

Town:
shos
GG
Whiskers
Wisdom

Town enough I would disagree with their lynch:
AA9
Desperado
MattP
Nacho
ooba

Scum enough that I wouldn't condemn their lynch:
Mirari
Mala
mollie

Scum:
I'm too out of sync with a lot of people's reads to feel like I have anyone whose lynch I'd feel super-confident on.

That's all I have tonight.

I have to say there's some reads in this whole post that feels off to me.

First your ArcAngel9 read. I'm not disagreeing with you about the read itself, but the reasons feels like it's mimicing other's voices in regards to her. Yet the last part 'I'll let it slide pending further information' gives you a perfect opportunity to swing this read on her in any way. I don't like it.

How does Desperado's actions make him more town in your eyes. Doesn't his interactions be null really because wouldn't you think Scum-Desperado would try to act similar to how a town-Desperado would?

Your read on me. Let me get this straight: why exactly are you leaning scum on me? Is it because you think my early townreading of MattP looks like hopeful scum or is it because I'm going after you hardcore?

No, I just didn't like Desperado's posts at all. Just felt like he was going after you, but then randomly changed to scum reading me because of information, but not because he really feels like I'm scum. That post of his felt really off to me.

I have to agree that I disagree with how easily Mirari is writing off the Ooba votes because they live with each other so he can read Ooba well. Why I questioned in it a later post of mine.

As for the Mollie read you give her a null read which I would think you would do the same for Desperado. I don't think you believe in that Desperado read, but leaning scum on me is part of the reason why you are calling Desperado town.
In post 995, shos wrote:I'm starting to prefer a peng lynch over wisdom.

and yes, he does spam as both alignments, so that does not count as a towntell, luckily
Interesting. Wisdom is pushing a Peng lynch or was.. Yet you are scumreading Wisdom, but are willing to prefer someone he was recently calling scum.
In post 998, shos wrote:I am currently convinced you are scum, so no, I want people to be convinced as well.

I skimmed them - the felt awful imo, but just saying it's awful is not useful in shit. I will only elaborate when I *really* find time; I'm posting here just inbetween things and only reading in my phone so meh.

I definitely may vote for a mala lynch over you, in case deadline pushes, if that matters.
Again this doesn't match up with your previous post. I'm only sitting with 2 votes how exactly would voting me get my lynch. Unless someone is a triple voter I don't exactly think getting my lynch will happen.
In post 999, shos wrote:erhm sorry, I meant peng, not mala. I really don't remember anything from mala's posts
Why exactly don't you like Peng's posts?

Yet you're scum reading me and keep saying you hate my posts, but don't remember anything from my posts?...
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1002, Whiskers wrote:
@Malakittens
, are we going to have to lynch [you/peng] today? Is it going to end up as a 1/1? Is that what you're hoping?
Maybe. I mean unless someone finds and convinces me someone is scummier I do want a penguin lynch. If Penguin can convince me she's town then I'll let her go, but for right now, no she's not town in my eyes.
In post 1016, Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't understand penguins read on Mala or Matt.

Ooba posting remains low energy which makes me sad.
I agree with this.
In post 1019, Wisdom wrote:You were Mafia, not WW
In post 1020, Wisdom wrote:And I tunneled more on you than her
Eh, to be fair, all I remember is me being a scum fraction. The little details don't really matter to me.

I know you did, but there was a part in your tunnel on her I felt REALLY bad for her.
In post 1023, shos wrote:
In post 839, ArcAngel9 wrote:Fuck this game.. Go slow damit.. I am 20 pages behind to catch up.. :(
are you fucking kidding me?
20 pages behind on page 34? that's like a minute past RVS. I've done this before, we can force-replace you in need. either get the fuck working on this game this sunday or switch the fuck out.

/sorry for being rude btw I'm alittle angry at lurkers lately
I don't like this at all.
Oh interestingly enough Mala suddenly comes out of the blue supporting a peng lynch! funny how he doesn't say anything for a thousand years and then comes to support the popular wagon! opportunistic something eh.
Hmmm. Are you even reading my posts as you call me scum? Or are you just pointing out things to fabricate a fake read on me?

I'm gonna point out two REALLY SUPER IMPORTANT THINGS.

I'm a girl.

Secondly, how can I be opportunistic when I have been pushing for a Penguin lynch since I started posting?
In post 867, Malakittens wrote:
In post 860, MattP wrote:You realize that if Shos and Grim are town that there's a lot of stuff that needs to be sorted before we lynch Penguin
Well; having Peng flipped would give me some information on Shos and Grim. Their excessive buddying is annoying so I doubt they are scum together, but at least one of them is a good chance at being scum.

Peng is just scum to me. I doubt and really doubt she'll flip town. She's just not giving me town vibes at all. Not one little bit.

~

Desperado -

I tunnelled on town-Peng in the past and she didn't react like this. THIS IS HER FUCKING SCUM GAME.

okay. that's enough VOTE: mala.

come on, mala. who are you trying to fool? having a peng flip would give you some info on ME and GRIM?? oh my shining bright star, tell me, what do you learn on me if peng flips scum? what do you learn on me if peng flips town? that is BULLFUCKINGSHIT. our excessive buddying?? it's like you're skimming the thread and copycat-ing others to look like you're posting content. the buddying between me and GG happened like, twice, only, and in like 3 posts, 500 posts ago. it is annoying?? please my dear, show me the last time I buddied grim, and even better, show me the last time GG buddied me. I'm pretty sure that literally never happened. I buddied grim only, and it was years ago. oh, you think at least one of us has a good chance at being scum? can you be any more vague? "I think that at least some of the people who might or might not be talking might have some chance that might be big and might not to be possibly maybe scum". FUCKING KIDDING ME

and peng is just scum to you. just scum. like that.
are you pulling a wisdom here? lol. no way in hell this happens twice a gameday, lol. you doubt she'll flip town? based on what? she's just not giving me town vibes? so that means that ALL THE OTHERS *are* giving you town vibes?

and you tunneled..so..wuht. you didn't do it here. nobody else did it here. so why would she react the same? peng posted very few posts iirc. few. you're eating and shitting the other way around.

no way in hell ou're town

that's enough for tonight ima go to sleep now. will keep reading tomorrow, probably catch up slowly via phone.
This emotion looks fake. Like hundredpecenttoathousanddddddd fake.

Yes, I will learn a lot if Penguin flips scum. I can use her posts to hunt her partners down and eliminate people from my lynch pool. Grim has been on the defense of Penguin and chainsawing me in the process. I can learn whether or not it's scum-Grim defending scum-Penguin or scum-Grim defending town-Penguin or if it's town-Grim defending one of {town-Penguin or scum-Peng}. Me having Grim sorted I can also sort you and possibly Desperado all in the process.

I won't lie and already admitted that I have been skimming, but copyctting people's reads. Nope.

Again; looks like you're the one who has been skimming over my posts or not reading them at all or better yet copying people's reads of me. If you did take the time out to read or not skim my posts you will find I been pushing a Penguin lynch from the getgo.

Penguin isn't playing to her town meta and I have said this before.

Not everyone else is giving me town vibes..

Yes I have been tunneling her.

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1088, MattP wrote:She said shit that I sympathized with based on my experiences being wrongly tunneled. It made me feel for her. On two separate occasions.

It's possible her angle this game is to play a sad little emotional thing (which has been my angle as scum before too) but idk. I wouldn't lynch her today. I wouldn't even get close to considering it assuming her play is consistently at the level it currently is.
..What the fuck?
So now we're buying into AtE? Really?
In post 1089, MattP wrote:Also, it really pisses me off to consider that someone that's scum that another player is beginning to tunnel for it would threaten to replace. It's such disgusting form.
Yeah, it is. Which is why it's so reprehensible that players in this game have done it. Does it make them town, to threaten to replace out? No.
Two reasons. The first reason, is that, if this were the case, it would become a towntell to threaten to replace out. And then everybody would do it.
Second reason is that,
it's no less disgusting for town to threaten to replace out, than for scum to threaten to replace out
. I don't care what alignment you are! If you do this, it reflects that you are a shitty person, or, if you don't want to go to that extent, that you are behaving in a shitty way.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1087, shos wrote:
In post 974, Malakittens wrote:I have seen people skip RVS, but I don't believe I have seen him skip it along with I'm only willing to hammer Wisdom felt to me like he had a vote restriction which then was proven wrong when he voted later in the stage. I commented on this in the early game.
This is not what mattP said. he said that if wisdom got to L-1 he would hammer. he never said that he will hammer ONLY IF IT IS WISDOM, and he never said that he is unwilling to do anything else.
Wisdom brought this up.
Post 975

In post 1087, shos wrote:for the tenth time, grim and I did not hardbuddy each other. I buddied grim in 2, 3, MAYBE 4 posts, and that was because grim was at the time the only one(except maybe wisdom) to actually follow my logic and listen and understand. he understood the logic hundreds of posts before my wall, after which everyone suddenly got it in a second. but grim never buddied me, and my buddying consisted on 2 I LUV Us and 1 OMG U SO CEULZ.
Wisdom brought this up.
Post 970
In post 1087, shos wrote:earlier you said taht we should lynch peng because it is her scum game omgwtfbbq. now you say that a peng lynch will be a good information lynch.
which is it? why do I get the feeling that you're just trying to lynch peng, no matter why/how? are you a lyncher?
Wisdom brought this up.
Post 977.
In post 1087, shos wrote:damn you wisdom for being town again. however, in one thing you are wrong: the speed in which a wagon rises and collapses is definitely not null. if you present stupid shitty reason (or none at all) to vote me and all of a sudden I'm L-1 (which has almost happened lol), then there's no way in hell that the wagon is town driven. you could be town, but either you, or the people who suddenly agree with idiotic logic, have to be scum, and that wagon is most probably on a townie. you will almost NEVER see quickwagons rise on scum, unless there's some definite proof or something unrefutable. what happened here? you said 'he is scum it is obvious' and suddenly 5 votes? do you think that makes sense?

And now, let me weigh in on this, though I know Wisdom has responded already.
There is certainly some merit to this. A wagon with no resistance necessarily has no scum resistance. If scum aren't resisting a wagon, there's a good chance the wagon is on someone they want, or don't mind seeing, lynched.

But on the flip-side,
the shos wagon
has
had some resistance. I can point at myself to support this statement, but I also remember Grimgroove is always brought up as "buddying" shos-- although, I guess I also remember that, "No, he didn't." But Grimgroove townread shos initially, right? And agreed with him on several points, right?
So... yeah. Not as if we couldn't be your scumbuddies.
To recap;
what shos says here is correct-- the speed at which a wagon builds, proportionate to the information and evidence available, can reflect on whether or not the wagon is on town. In some case.
However, this wagon did not build high enough or quickly enough for this to be one of those cases.

Ok tbh, let me just announce here that this started out as a post that was supposed to defend shos. All of the things I said, "Wisdom brought this up", they all could be suffixed with "And Malakittens ignored it."
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1094, shos wrote:so I'm removing peng from today's lynch.
Lol, as if you had any choice in the matter.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:29 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1099, MattP wrote:Yeah, it's really just irritating and hurtful. I don't understand that sort of behavior in games..
I don't understand behaviour like this,
In post 1049, pirate mollie wrote:oh baby oh. you caught on to my seekrit plans

wis there are no words
If she doesn't want to play, maybe she shouldn't sign up to play. Posts like this make me want to throw my laptop through the wall.

Also, let me go ahead and take this time to say,
Whiskers wrote:
In post 1089, MattP wrote:Also, it really pisses me off to consider that someone that's scum that another player is beginning to tunnel for it would threaten to replace. It's such disgusting form.
Yeah, it is. Which is why it's so reprehensible that players in this game have done it. Does it make them town, to threaten to replace out? No.
Two reasons. The first reason, is that, if this were the case, it would become a towntell to threaten to replace out. And then everybody would do it.
Second reason is that,
it's no less disgusting for town to threaten to replace out, than for scum to threaten to replace out
. I don't care what alignment you are! If you do this, it reflects that you are a shitty person, or, if you don't want to go to that extent, that you are behaving in a shitty way.
Yeah, this? I know this was originally about Mala. But my response was written originally with Mollie in mind-- this draft I posted is a very tuned-down version of that original post.
I really really really really really really really
hate
pirate mollie's style of not-playing.
In post 1049, pirate mollie wrote:oh baby oh. you caught on to my seekrit plans
It makes me want to hurt her.

This wasn't even necessary. She didn't need to post it. It had no relevance to the game. I wasn't talking to her, I was answering a question. She didn't refute, she didn't even discredit. She just posts, in the least-readable way possible. It is incredibly stressful to have in my,
MY
game. If I can hurt her back by calling her mean names, then that'll have to do, won't it?
I stand by my word choice. And I don't expect you to like it. But you had sure as hell better understand why.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1056, shos wrote:
In post 952, Grimgroove wrote:I'm going to start with replying to what Nachomamma said:
In post 555, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 135, Malakittens wrote:http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Actor

What I thought you possibly were.

My mind is not right at the moment. ._.
This rabbit hole theory is crazy town and not really a scumMala move at all. It is also completely consistent with earlier posting:
It's a random thought. Hypothesizing about a completely random role being in the game based on an RVS-joke is not alignment-indicative, no matter how you see it.
What is objectively verifiable though, is that this theory, or this kind of thinking, does not remind me of a scumhunt-driven process. All Mala did was make an association between MattP's early intent to hammer and the Actor-role.
Why would Town care to think about what kind of town a person would be, let alone be so specific as to go delve into the role of something that seems rather rare to me.
I completely agree. sortof rolefishing, and no assiciation whatsoever to any townread.
but why the hell would you bring that up? that was 400 posts ago. how did you suddenly find this post?

alright so from the next parts of that post I understand that you're talking about a towncase on mala by nacho. I agree with most of what you posted. that doesn't give you towncred because it's just thinking, but it gives scumpoints to nacho, in the same manner as it gave wisdom.

more bullshit from mala pointed in there. someone should totally ISO mala and create a case. I might have some time to do that tomorrow evening.
Why don't you go ISO me and create a case?

Why do you need someone else to do the dirty work for you so you can just jump on at convenience.
In post 954, Malakittens wrote:
In post 943, Wisdom wrote:See, she reponds like this, refuses to be helpful, and then I have to accept she is town. I can't.
I am being helpful; you're the one refusing to believe what I'm saying isn't helpful.
that doesn't make sense english wise ;) but eh, I agree that you're not useful. I don't remember any of your posts that has any explanations in it. oyu gave us lots of reads but never explained, iirc. he's town, he's town, he said X so he is town. but WHY. saying your reads isn't helpful in shit. teh fact that you do it so much without elaborating shows (to me at least) that you're just fabricating stuff as the game goes along. shos is wagoned- shos is scum. shos isn't under pressure anymore, pa is - so pa is scum. etc.

wisdom I will hate you forever if you're town. I'm flipflopping on you like a tossed coin. post by wisdom is perfect.

964 is good too. it's perfect in fact. because it is apollogetic. what I think is going on is wisdomscum guiding the buddy malascum. YOU HAVE TO POST. PEOPLE ARE SEEING IT. do you see how after a gazillion gestures, finally when mala says that in such a tone, mala says 'fine' and starts posting content? haven't read that content yet, but that's a start supposedly..

if either of those flips scum when I'm dead, nail the other one to the ground by the balls with a jackhammer.[/quote]

Don't nickpick me via wording. Don't as it's a pet peeve of mine.

I actually gave explanations for my reads in one of my posts, but you seemed to just gloss over that. As I said you previously stated you didn't remember my posts, but now you do. So which is it.. You remember my posts or you don't?

You are seemingly willing to meta everyone, but me. yet in clue you did a meta - in other games you didn't care that my scumread on Funky was basically gut and genuinely made to build a breadcrumb of who I was at the time in that game.
In post 1058, shos wrote:
In post 965, Malakittens wrote:Wisdom I think however you're town.

ArcAngel9 is destroying my town read on her
however?

go read that post please.
there was no mention of wisdom at all. why however? O_o

and townread on AA9???? based the fuck on what????
In post 965, Malakittens wrote:Shos and Grim is kinda hard to give a pure read on them. Both of them are buddying each other hard; overlapping with each others reads. Gut says one is scum and one is town; wagon says Shos might be town, but doesn't tell me what Grim is. Facts say this is too obvious for scum partners. So either one is town and the other is scum or one is town and the other is town
OH MY GOD THIS HAS GOTTA BE THE WORST PARAGRAPH EVAR

no, we did not buddy each other hard at all, that was a session of 3 posts containing OMG I LUV U SO. and seriously, you couldn't be any more vague than what you said. that's like. WUT.
In post 965, Malakittens wrote:Whiskers is sorta doing what I'm doing to Penguin,
..you're...not doing anything. voted. yes. nothing more. no.

you keep not explaining stuff so I'll ask: WHY do you think that the 1v1 bewteen mollie and him isn't town v town? I can't see how one can make such a statement without at least saying who they think is more likely to be the scum.
lol shit you did say xD well then just answer me why you get that feeling, and how comes you think whiskers is scum, since whiskers is really my best townread at the moment. you said, 'based on this ISO'. can you elaborate? what in his ISO made ou think he is scum?

so far it looks like you're just throwing stuff into the air. show me some ground and I might reconsider. might.
In post 1059, shos wrote:970 is good by mala as well. keep up the hate -_-; ye know what, maybe change that to keep up the bussing, based on last post? XD

well I'll read 974+ later tonight, going for some kung fu.

lolwut I was ninja'd by 4 posts of wisdom and 2 of myself?
Wisdom is tunneling and seems his town self. Granted I only saw his scum-self once in one of his first games on his site, watched a scum game of his in a newbie, but barely remember it. I'm just seeing all his town qualities. That read isn't going to change because this isn't the scum game I remember in that micro.

Hmm. I'm going to go recheck your posts after this if you brought the same attitude to people calling ArcAngel9 town, but I believe you didn't. I'm not the only one townreading her, but as I said before and I'm sick of explaining it to you. Her and Mollie are transparent to me because they are the two players here I play with more than anyone else. With Nacho, Wisdom and Penguin leading at the back.

wasn't mine? it was wisdom's post.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1087, shos wrote:
In post 974, Malakittens wrote:I have seen people skip RVS, but I don't believe I have seen him skip it along with I'm only willing to hammer Wisdom felt to me like he had a vote restriction which then was proven wrong when he voted later in the stage. I commented on this in the early game.
This is not what mattP said. he said that if wisdom got to L-1 he would hammer. he never said that he will hammer ONLY IF IT IS WISDOM, and he never said that he is unwilling to do anything else.

for the tenth time, grim and I did not hardbuddy each other. I buddied grim in 2, 3, MAYBE 4 posts, and that was because grim was at the time the only one(except maybe wisdom) to actually follow my logic and listen and understand. he understood the logic hundreds of posts before my wall, after which everyone suddenly got it in a second. but grim never buddied me, and my buddying consisted on 2 I LUV Us and 1 OMG U SO CEULZ.

earlier you said taht we should lynch peng because it is her scum game omgwtfbbq. now you say that a peng lynch will be a good information lynch.
which is it? why do I get the feeling that you're just trying to lynch peng, no matter why/how? are you a lyncher?

damn you wisdom for being town again. however, in one thing you are wrong: the speed in which a wagon rises and collapses is definitely not null. if you present stupid shitty reason (or none at all) to vote me and all of a sudden I'm L-1 (which has almost happened lol), then there's no way in hell that the wagon is town driven. you could be town, but either you, or the people who suddenly agree with idiotic logic, have to be scum, and that wagon is most probably on a townie. you will almost NEVER see quickwagons rise on scum, unless there's some definite proof or something unrefutable. what happened here? you said 'he is scum it is obvious' and suddenly 5 votes? do you think that makes sense?

well other than that 977 is a very good post

979 too. mala's flailing heavily under the pressure. but is it a bus or not.....we'll see.

@: yes. because they really are bullshit. giving reads with no reasons is very easy. here, take examples:
mala, peng, wisdom scum
all others conftown.

here's another example
gg town
whiskers scum
wisdom cop strongman vig ability thief ninja scum
mala SK
shos enabler town
peng tracker scum
all others VTs.

^^^ do you see how bullshit that is? do you? without explanations it is empty. it's void of any use. when I think you're scum, I think, oh, he must fabricate reads, right? so he must fabricate explanations, right? so his explanations must be bullshit, right?--->ask for explanations. if it's bullshit, you're scum. guess what? it's bullshit. you gave me an entire readlist without a single comment on a single post that supports any of your reads. 'oh yeah the conversations yadda yadda'. nope. the only read that I can accept(ironically..) is the one on me, because I think that the quickwagon accusation is correct. but that's not nearly enough. yes, I am one to lynch my supporters..

Wisdom and Matt. explain to me your townread on Mala. I saw no reason to townread her at all.

going to shower, will cotninue later
I'm glad you are just continuing to parrot things that have already been said or discussed.

As I said I explained my reads in one of my latest posts, but you don't like any of them and are reacting the same way that Wisdom did. Seems like again you are just piggybacking/parroting anything anyone else is saying.
In post 1088, MattP wrote:She said shit that I sympathized with based on my experiences being wrongly tunneled. It made me feel for her. On two separate occasions.

It's possible her angle this game is to play a sad little emotional thing (which has been my angle as scum before too) but idk. I wouldn't lynch her today. I wouldn't even get close to considering it assuming her play is consistently at the level it currently is.
I don't think I would replace out due to this. The only times I have ever replaced out was because I was force replaced, real life was more important.
In post 1093, shos wrote:for some reason I read what you responded to me, so I'll give you this and go back to my other tab waiting :)

off the memory, just from the latest reading: Mala's reasoning for me-town is faulty. it is based on 'hardbuddying' between me and GG, which really is a made up scene. inconsistent with how she claimed to be following the game or something.
Mala's push on penguin is based solely on meta. meta and policy maybe - since she is practically lurking, and probably can't keep up and defend against all accusations against her considering this game's pace. it's like calling AA9 scum. I do believe peng is scum, but at the moment it seems the only viable wagons are me, mala and her, and since she's already committed herself to peng(possibly bussing) and to shos-townread, she kinda has no ochoice.

I had more. if I had the time to ISO, I'd probably give you a much more lengthy case than the one I gave on wisdom, which I now have no idea what to think about. sadly I don't have much time, not for this game or for my other. it's again after midnight when I'm posting here, and still I have 4 pages to catch up with.

*sigh pedit: I'll read you later. you look long.*
Again, now you are remembering my posts.

I don't even anymore. I can't.
In post 1094, shos wrote:
In post 984, Mirari wrote:Don't have time but I saw Mala ask me a question. I don't have any games with Ooba. I just think since we know each other well we'd be able to read each other well. This is really only my second game ever.

oh well that's disappointing. drop it, really -_-

peng's post is good. I don't agree with all of it, but it shows good thinking. Matt, I know, it's nothing new, clever or insightful; but peng DID have loads and loads to catch up with. I think she managed to sum up a good part of the game considering her views on each one of us, and well, she didn't do a catchup superuberwall like I usually do. I understood her views on everyone, even if I disagreed, everything makes sense. scum usually have problems making sense with accusing townies because well, townies post honestly, so it should work.

so I'm removing peng from today's lynch.
I'm kinda being left here with Mala alone, with a slight, tiny possibility of wisdom in the back.

gonna lol at the irony of my own post 995. that was because wisdom started to look townie, and peng was just there by default. funny how it came immediately after the post that made me townread him :)

gonna lol again at my confusionCount++; XD /pun
nobody onsite would get that who am I kidding XD sigh

I'll continue tomorrow.

Why drop it really? I want the question answered. Don't tell someone to drop a question I want answered. Don't get in the way of my scumhunting. I physically don;t understand how someone town-reads another player based off the fact they live together.

I didn't feel Peng's post was a good one. I guess I'm an odd ball out about it.
In post 1095, MattP wrote:The issue with my meta trick on Mala is:

a) She ALWAYS FUCKING HYDRAS
b) There are definitely conclusive results from the last 3 months with difference in use of the term "scum". However, not when you account shit back from March and after. Therefore, I would just disregard it. But something fun. This is Mala's use of the term "scum" in her last two completed games, along with this game, by iso post 63:

39 scum by iso 63 olympian
5 scum by iso 63 macbeth, TOWN
46 scum Xenogears, MAFIA

However, anything before this becomes flimsy again and makes the results bad. I'm not going to discount data just because this data looks pretty, but I just wanna point out my heart almost came out of my chest when I finished checking Xenogears.
I like hydra'ing. I have plans to hydra with a lot more people coming soon. {HEY NACHO I'M LOOKING AT YOU}.

Those numbers are actually interesting. <<

However I don't even know how someone would start to defend themself from a wording of a certain game.

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1109, Whiskers wrote:This wasn't even necessary. She didn't need to post it. It had no relevance to the game. I wasn't talking to her, I was answering a question. She didn't refute, she didn't even discredit. She just posts, in the least-readable way possible. It is incredibly stressful to have in my,
MY
game. If I can hurt her back by calling her mean names, then that'll have to do, won't it?
I stand by my word choice. And I don't expect you to like it. But you had sure as hell better understand why.
mebbe you should take up knitting or something less stressful

you had an agenda this game

I can't freaking tell if it is scum driven or if you are terrible town. like seriously

my town reads think you are town. I don't buy it.
whew!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by Malakittens »

yeah, I'm not really liking Whiskers either.

With that in mind.

I think I'm done for the night.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:21 pm

Post by Wisdom »

I can't decide if shos or Mala looks worse
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:29 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1103, Malakittens wrote:I didn't answer them because the only last part was a question to me. The rest weren't really 'questions'
Are you kidding me?
Refuting your statement about what Matt did is not worth a response?
You are practically admitting to ignoring me and answering as little as you can.
Which you do as scum.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:47 pm

Post by Wisdom »

I could quote every line Mala said and say why I don't like it, but I don't see the point. The point is Mala is not town. This is not Mala-town, and every time I read her posts, I can't help but think I'm reading scum posts.

Since I purposefully let it unanswered before, I will answer it now. I unvoted Mala because I thought for a second that she was willing to talk with me and try convincing me I'm wrong about her, something that she doesn't do as scum. As scum, she knows that when I catch her, she is not likely to change my mind no matter what she does, so she usually resorts to ignoring me and hoping I'll get distracted by someone else acting scummy. I stated that she can join the townpile to she how she will take it - will she try to work with me? Will she continue explaining herself to me? Will she find my sudden switch on her scummy and suspect me?
What was the answer? She took my 'townread' and ran.

The other reason was to see who would sheep me. I was very happy to see Desp continuing pushing his scumread on her despite my action, and not very happy seeing Matt stating he agrees that she is town.

I cannot see her being town. Not when her one suspect, the one she has been pushing since the beginning, finally posts, and she completely ignores it and responds to irrelevant things. Not when she is trying to make shos look bad like she's doing. Not when her reason for not scumreading me is "I don't remember his scumgame, but Im not going to change my read on him because this isn't it.". ...Really?

I really don't want to let shos go today, but I really really don't want to let Mala go today.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mala
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1115, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1103, Malakittens wrote:I didn't answer them because the only last part was a question to me. The rest weren't really 'questions'
Are you kidding me?
Refuting your statement about what Matt did is not worth a response?
You are practically admitting to ignoring me and answering as little as you can.
Which you do as scum.
I misread what he said, but doesn't matter between misreading that and not throwing down an RVS I thought he had a vote restriction.

I kinda already told you about MattP and you just told me I was trying to explain what I already explained. I dropped it.

I'm not ignoring you because I'm answering you, but never answered that one direct questioning because there was more important posts by you at the time. I was trying to answer you as quickly as I could after you fired off multiple posts at once.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Post by shos »

Re: 1010.
Calling him for a 'misrep' ratherbthan a 'mistake' IS againzt whislera.
Point was there was no reason whataoever to unvote all of a sudden.

Did uo readmy entier wall?
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Mirari
Mirari
Goon
Mirari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:50 pm

Post by Mirari »

Wow I have a lot to catch up on.
Tomorrow~
PM me an avatar and I'll use it for a game. Thank you Swift Justice for my current avatar!
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Post by shos »

In post 1012, Wisdom wrote:Now, you said you're very "convinced" I am scum. Is it still for the same reasons? Because if you as much as looked into one of my towngames, you'd see all of them refuted.
By now i already hav. It doesnt cssy you are town. It says thatyour lay sucks snd itscreally hardvto reaf yiu.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Post by ooba »

@Wisdom:"ooba, why do you not like Grimgroove?"
There's nothing that made me go "that's town"
@Mala: I want to hear more on Ooba and Mirari. Ooba I want to hear your thoughts on Mirari saying that he can read you well because you both live together.
I cannot comment about online play because like Mirari mentioned - this is our first game together. However, we have played IRL before. However, there are three things that make me feel better about Mirari:
- As scum in our IRL games, Mirari always has the tendency to attack me. Usually lines like "He is scum" with no particular reasoning.
- I wouldn't call it 'playing as a team exactly' but when we play IRL, we tend to refine our reads by discussing it interacting with each other. Mirari initially commenting on my not posting ("Where's my beloved ooba?") plus trying to get me to change my vote from Arc ("Ooba, hun, you should probably change your vote.") fits with her town profile.

Mirari reads me better than the average player. But I was initially paranoid about the sheer number of "ooba is town" at the start. But on reflection, there are signs to her town meta than scum(see above) and overall, feels strong town to me.
@Nacho: Ooba posting remains low energy which makes me sad.
I always take a bit of time to build up - I get emoitionaly invested in a game over time. I'm hardly useless this game though.
@shos:ooba's post is plainly wrong imo. that's a bad post. it's just wrong and misrepful imo.
How exactly is it plainly wrong?

@Matt:
Does you technique account for length of actual games or total number of posts made by that player? I like the analysis but think (No. of times player posted scum)/(Total number of posts by player in game) would be a better metric to measure.

Shos's 1023 post was so overactive - just gave me bad vibes all around. But I'm trying to see if it falls into the "it's soo bad it cannot be scum" category and figure out possible partners based on reactions\voting if he's scum.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Post by ooba »

^*over-reactive
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:31 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1120, shos wrote: By now i already hav. It doesnt cssy you are town. It says thatyour lay sucks snd itscreally hardvto reaf yiu.
Stop.
Stop.
Just stop it.
Stop.
Wait until you can post at a computer, or can be assed to spell correctly, or use t9, or SOMETHING.

I can't read these posts. Not, "I'm having trouble reading these posts," but, "you're not posting words."

Same thing goes for when you're too smashed to try spelling. Just stop, and wait. Write yourself a note if you have to. Posts like this aren't doing anybody any good.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:32 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Wisdom, can you link me a game where scumMala does what you describe her doing in 1116? If you can bring me a nice example or two, I'll sheep you there.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”