Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:00 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1075, MattP wrote:Whiskers, why'd you stop being hostile?
Hmm?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:01 am

Post by MattP »

In post 1076, Whiskers wrote:
In post 1075, MattP wrote:Whiskers, why'd you stop being hostile?
Hmm?
You were being mean to people in the game

You left for like 24 hours

You've come back and are pleasant to deal with

Are you saying that this literally wasn't a conscious decision of yours or that you're completely unaware of it?
SlappyKrust
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:03 am

Post by Whiskers »

Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:05 am

Post by Elyse »

Votecount 1.11Nachomamma8 - 2 - ArcAngel9, Grimgroove (L-5)
penguin_alien - 3 - Malakittens, ooba, MattP (L-4)
Mirari - 1 - penguin_alien (L-6)
shos - 5 - Mirari, Nachomamma8, Wisdom, Whiskers, pirate mollie (L-2)
Malakittens - 2 - Desperado, shos (L-5)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2013-12-21 12:00:00)
Mirari, pirate mollie, and Grimgroove are V/LA until Sunday.
MattP is V/LA until Wednesday.

Interesting Fact #12: Dionysus took Hestia's throne at Mount Olympus.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:07 am

Post by MattP »

I missed that, but I was having this thought last night. Your meanness has significantly decreased.

But I guess it was just a little subconscious phase. How disappointing. I thought it would have been a pretty towny thing to change after:
In post 767, MattP wrote:post
Without even bringing it up. Because following that post you immediately cut down the 'tude.
SlappyKrust
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:08 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1079, Elyse wrote:Interesting Fact #12: Dionysus took Hestia's throne at Mount Olympus.
That's because she wasn't using it properly.
In post 1027, Elyse wrote:Interesting Fact #11: Hestia is the only Olympian for whom no myths were created.
sheesh.

Looks like our scumteam is shaping up to be Hestia and her fanclub.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:12 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1080, MattP wrote:
I missed that, but I was having this thought last night. Your meanness has significantly decreased.

But I guess it was just a little subconscious phase. How disappointing. I thought it would have been a pretty towny thing to change after:
In post 767, MattP wrote:post
Without even bringing it up. Because following that post you immediately cut down the 'tude.
Why that particular post? Would it have been less towny to have changed before that post was made?

I don't get angry for the fun of it. Usually the meanness is accompanied by frustration. Though, the bit where I took one of Mollie's posts and explained to her how I could infer from it that she was awful, that was not out of frustration, and it was extremely satisfying.
But yeah, for the most part, I don't antagonize a pony just because she happens to be nearby.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:14 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 3, Elyse wrote:Interesting Fact #1: Hestia was the first Olympian because her parents were Titans, and she was the oldest child.
You forgot this one too, Whiskers
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:15 am

Post by MattP »

I'm not particularly saying that having changed beforehand wouldn't have been towny, I'm more so fixating on that instance because I made post 767 with the intention of shaming you and PM into stopping your destructive behavior by calling you guys lost causes. I thought that you just internalizing that without making a huge scene and altering your behavior would have been a very towny thing to do. Changing your behavior beforehand would have been an entirely different situation, less towny in my opinion, but of courses towny or at least protown nonetheless.
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:17 am

Post by MattP »

In post 772, MattP wrote:
In post 769, Wisdom wrote:I don't know, I think she might be town, especially if mollie isn't.

She said she will post today, let's see.
Penguin either:

a) Doesn't care at all about this game
b) Is scum

I don't like when people get away with "a" for a prolonged period of time. The great thing about it is that we can correct it and immediately get an answer on "b". You can't correct Mollie's attitude as is obvious by this point. You can't correct Whisker's insufferable ability to spoil the fun of a forum game for the majority of the player list and incite destructive discussion. You can't make Shos stop being frenetic. We
can
possibly, hopefully, get Penguin to get invested in the game.
I meant after this post for you, Whiskers. 767 was for PM.
SlappyKrust
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:43 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1085, MattP wrote: I meant after this post for you, Whiskers. 767 was for PM.
Ah, that makes a bit more sense.

No, this is my first time reading that post-- or at least, the first time I'm comprehending any of it. I pretty much skipped over that seven pages, shortly before and a while after shos made that wallpost that I promised myself I'd read at some point.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:40 am

Post by shos »

In post 974, Malakittens wrote:I have seen people skip RVS, but I don't believe I have seen him skip it along with I'm only willing to hammer Wisdom felt to me like he had a vote restriction which then was proven wrong when he voted later in the stage. I commented on this in the early game.
This is not what mattP said. he said that if wisdom got to L-1 he would hammer. he never said that he will hammer ONLY IF IT IS WISDOM, and he never said that he is unwilling to do anything else.

for the tenth time, grim and I did not hardbuddy each other. I buddied grim in 2, 3, MAYBE 4 posts, and that was because grim was at the time the only one(except maybe wisdom) to actually follow my logic and listen and understand. he understood the logic hundreds of posts before my wall, after which everyone suddenly got it in a second. but grim never buddied me, and my buddying consisted on 2 I LUV Us and 1 OMG U SO CEULZ.

earlier you said taht we should lynch peng because it is her scum game omgwtfbbq. now you say that a peng lynch will be a good information lynch.
which is it? why do I get the feeling that you're just trying to lynch peng, no matter why/how? are you a lyncher?

damn you wisdom for being town again. however, in one thing you are wrong: the speed in which a wagon rises and collapses is definitely not null. if you present stupid shitty reason (or none at all) to vote me and all of a sudden I'm L-1 (which has almost happened lol), then there's no way in hell that the wagon is town driven. you could be town, but either you, or the people who suddenly agree with idiotic logic, have to be scum, and that wagon is most probably on a townie. you will almost NEVER see quickwagons rise on scum, unless there's some definite proof or something unrefutable. what happened here? you said 'he is scum it is obvious' and suddenly 5 votes? do you think that makes sense?

well other than that 977 is a very good post

979 too. mala's flailing heavily under the pressure. but is it a bus or not.....we'll see.

@: yes. because they really are bullshit. giving reads with no reasons is very easy. here, take examples:
mala, peng, wisdom scum
all others conftown.

here's another example
gg town
whiskers scum
wisdom cop strongman vig ability thief ninja scum
mala SK
shos enabler town
peng tracker scum
all others VTs.

^^^ do you see how bullshit that is? do you? without explanations it is empty. it's void of any use. when I think you're scum, I think, oh, he must fabricate reads, right? so he must fabricate explanations, right? so his explanations must be bullshit, right?--->ask for explanations. if it's bullshit, you're scum. guess what? it's bullshit. you gave me an entire readlist without a single comment on a single post that supports any of your reads. 'oh yeah the conversations yadda yadda'. nope. the only read that I can accept(ironically..) is the one on me, because I think that the quickwagon accusation is correct. but that's not nearly enough. yes, I am one to lynch my supporters..

Wisdom and Matt. explain to me your townread on Mala. I saw no reason to townread her at all.

going to shower, will cotninue later
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:46 am

Post by MattP »

She said shit that I sympathized with based on my experiences being wrongly tunneled. It made me feel for her. On two separate occasions.

It's possible her angle this game is to play a sad little emotional thing (which has been my angle as scum before too) but idk. I wouldn't lynch her today. I wouldn't even get close to considering it assuming her play is consistently at the level it currently is.
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:47 am

Post by MattP »

Also, it really pisses me off to consider that someone that's scum that another player is beginning to tunnel for it would threaten to replace. It's such disgusting form.
SlappyKrust
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:54 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1087, shos wrote:you will almost NEVER see quickwagons rise on scum
I've seen plenty. It's null.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:56 am

Post by MattP »

Choose a single word that Malakittens has used this game that you think is scummy. Something that's unusual but not too unusual that you'd only ever see her say it once ever. Ideally even in this game up to this point you should have seen it 4 or 5 times for me to consider it.

I'm gonna try something fun
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:07 am

Post by MattP »

Ok, I've been meaning to try out a new theory that corrects a serious statistical error a lot of people, myself included, make when using meta.

People use a "has or hasn't" meta tell. If someone has done something before as town and they do it again the person says that player is town. This doesn't make sense because the difference between "1 time as town, 0 times as scum" and "2 times as town, 0 times as scum" is not statistically a significant different, and if you consider it being a random sample, then there's a 25% chance of the player doing something twice as town and zero times as scum which isn't statistically significant at all.

This isn't even counting the fact that ACTIONS are usually to some level predetermined as both alignments which introduces bias into the sample.

HOWEVER, there's some stuff, mainly syntax and word use, that people don't really think about.

Consider using the word "scum". Any player can argue that it's very likely both town and scum will use the words plenty each game. HOWEVER, this logic is a statistically unsound point when you take quantity of the word use into play.

Suppose you take 100 games from a player where they were town, where the player started the game from pg 1 and you read up to about the thousandth post of each game and counted one player's uses of the word "scum". Suppose you get a mean of 80 with a standard deviation of 20. You can then find the 95% confidence interval and then check the game we're currently in and see if their number of uses falls in the bracket. It's possible that there is no difference, and that their alignment isn't linearly dependent on their use of the word "scum". It's also possible that their scum and town games DO have a difference, and that they fall into the "town" bracket. You can figure out dependence by also testing a bunch of scum games they were in and seeing if their is a statistical difference between quantity of the word used between the two alignments.

I'd like to try this out.
SlappyKrust
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:15 am

Post by shos »

for some reason I read what you responded to me, so I'll give you this and go back to my other tab waiting :)

off the memory, just from the latest reading: Mala's reasoning for me-town is faulty. it is based on 'hardbuddying' between me and GG, which really is a made up scene. inconsistent with how she claimed to be following the game or something.
Mala's push on penguin is based solely on meta. meta and policy maybe - since she is practically lurking, and probably can't keep up and defend against all accusations against her considering this game's pace. it's like calling AA9 scum. I do believe peng is scum, but at the moment it seems the only viable wagons are me, mala and her, and since she's already committed herself to peng(possibly bussing) and to shos-townread, she kinda has no ochoice.

I had more. if I had the time to ISO, I'd probably give you a much more lengthy case than the one I gave on wisdom, which I now have no idea what to think about. sadly I don't have much time, not for this game or for my other. it's again after midnight when I'm posting here, and still I have 4 pages to catch up with.

*sigh pedit: I'll read you later. you look long.*

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:31 am

Post by shos »

In post 984, Mirari wrote:Don't have time but I saw Mala ask me a question. I don't have any games with Ooba. I just think since we know each other well we'd be able to read each other well. This is really only my second game ever.
oh well that's disappointing. drop it, really -_-

peng's post is good. I don't agree with all of it, but it shows good thinking. Matt, I know, it's nothing new, clever or insightful; but peng DID have loads and loads to catch up with. I think she managed to sum up a good part of the game considering her views on each one of us, and well, she didn't do a catchup superuberwall like I usually do. I understood her views on everyone, even if I disagreed, everything makes sense. scum usually have problems making sense with accusing townies because well, townies post honestly, so it should work.

so I'm removing peng from today's lynch.
I'm kinda being left here with Mala alone, with a slight, tiny possibility of wisdom in the back.

gonna lol at the irony of my own post 995. that was because wisdom started to look townie, and peng was just there by default. funny how it came immediately after the post that made me townread him :)

gonna lol again at my confusionCount++; XD /pun
nobody onsite would get that who am I kidding XD sigh

I'll continue tomorrow.

MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:34 am

Post by MattP »

The issue with my meta trick on Mala is:

a) She ALWAYS FUCKING HYDRAS
b) There are definitely conclusive results from the last 3 months with difference in use of the term "scum". However, not when you account shit back from March and after. Therefore, I would just disregard it. But something fun. This is Mala's use of the term "scum" in her last two completed games, along with this game, by iso post 63:

39 scum by iso 63 olympian
5 scum by iso 63 macbeth, TOWN
46 scum Xenogears, MAFIA

However, anything before this becomes flimsy again and makes the results bad. I'm not going to discount data just because this data looks pretty, but I just wanna point out my heart almost came out of my chest when I finished checking Xenogears.
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:35 am

Post by MattP »

I'm gonna try Penguin_Alien!
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by MattP »

Fuck this, I'm tired
SlappyKrust
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 1067, Whiskers wrote:Seriously, god forbid I should have thoughts or ideas? And under no circumstances should I have answered a question posed to me by another player! What the hell is your problem? Your posts aren't even game related-- this should have been a refutation from you-- they're just you, being an annoying cunt. Go away.
How about you don't call people cunt's and shit?

Jesus christ
;)
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by MattP »

Yeah, it's really just irritating and hurtful. I don't understand that sort of behavior in games..
SlappyKrust

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”