Mini 1501: We're On A Boat! (END?! results inside)

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 830, Grimgroove wrote:I want reassurance that Brian Skies is effectively a newbie. I'm putting my strong townread on him on hold until that time.
Fferyl already linked you to my experience and I'm giving you my completed games as I go to help the meta monsters that are Fferyl and Empire. I don't really care about meta, but if it helps, then it helps.

As far as the miller claim goes, I've only had to deal with it in EpicMafia. The role is completely different on that site where the miller role is unknown to the player and flips scum if lynched. Claiming miller at all (unless investigated) is pretty unheard of on that site when it's obvious the player shouldn't even know he's a miller to begin with.
In post 834, Grimgroove wrote:notscience did not show activity, only the motivation.

That being said, I also think notscience is town.
What? Why? I'm still confused as hell why he's getting townreads. The player is a complete enigma to me.
In post 869, Grimgroove wrote:This post exemplifies what I think of SleepyKrew's entrance: he critisizes, questions everything, but what does he do? Is there any factual backing to his criticism? And when questioned himself always chooses for the "attack is the best defense"-adagio. He never allows the discussion to revolve around his behavior.
He's busy kicking the sand under his feet, all around him, until we can't see him anymore.
Oh hi there! Looks like we
did
see the same thing. My issue with SK is mostly the tone and the interactions with players. He immediately throws mud in several directions to see what sticks and goes from there. It felt very much like self-preservation and wrong to me. Fferyl-mud didn't stick, but Kaze and Smudger looked like good targets.

Kaze I'm debating (still leaning town), but I can't see Kaze and SK being scum together. It wouldn't make sense for one scum to come in and force his own wagon onto a partner. Kaze's interactions also felt like irritated town.

As far as Smudger goes, his early interactions showed the first signs of irritations with SK and he seemed to be having issues with SK doing all the attacking without acknowledging the attacks Smudger was giving in return. Smudger also feels like irritated town. I can't see the two of these guys being buddies, so only one can be scum. Also, Lolwagons has seemed town since the replacement and has made me feel more comfortable about this read.

It's the way SK attacks Kaze and Smudger and tries to force those reads down our throats that makes me think scum. It seems he just asks a bunch of questions, tries to see where he can redirect the wagon to, and tries to paint those people as scum. It doesn't even feel like he's looking at the bigger picture.

Some things to note are the relative lack of interactions with some of the other players. SK doesn't really push CDB or notscience. Yet, he complains about Kaze not doing enough scumhunting when Kaze votes Maestro (what's wrong with motivating a lurker to come into the thread?). It also feels wrong the way SK tries to pull votes off of the Maestro wagon (which makes me think there is an association with Empire, but I could be wrong). He also completely avoids interacting with me unless he feels the need to, his only early mention of me being a miller claim that needs to be dead before lylo. His recent push against me feels like an easy cop-out ("I'm not going to bother reading you at all because you're a miller"). It doesn't feel town.

Also, based on the recent interactions, I can't see GG and SK being scum together, only one. The late push near deadline makes me think at least one of them is town (thinking GG, follow the logic), especially since SK didn't seem to have that much pressure from other players to be at risk of a wagon.

As far as re-reading goes, it's something I tend to do. Reading the game as it's happening is completely different from reading the game from a fresh perspective. I had the same issue in Mismatched where my early interactions with Shiny made me think Shiny was scum but everyone thought Shiny was town and I was scum. I couldn't figure out why until I made a re-read of the game. We were both town that game.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:32 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

ugh
life is a bitch
yeah didn't even start on that Peabody research
probably won't be able to either
reading up
To be clear: quack
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:49 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 939, Grimgroove wrote:Pick five questions out of that list and tell me what you learned from them.
yeah probably not doing that right now

ffery: As I said earlier, I'm in the process of changing my playstyle (dropping the trulziness for srsbsnsiness) so idk how useful that meta is. I still post a lot, but unlike how it used to be, I try to have most of my posts contain some non-fluff.

Empire is less active as scum. He's said so himself (on Skype so I can't really get proof but if he disagrees then we can 1v1). Idk if his inactivity this game is due to that, or due to REAL LIFE
hrmmmmm
Gonna stay on Brian for now

Do not like how SpyreX said he'd like almost any other lynch besides Brian
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:10 am

Post by LolWagons »

10 hours, we need a consensus...and preferably a
votecount
whenever mod has time

I will later if nothing else
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:40 am

Post by pitoli »

VOTE COUNT 1.16

Grimgroove:
Notscience
notscience:
Garmr
Empire:
SpyreX, fferyllt, LolWagons
SleepyKrew:
Brian Skies, Grimgroove
ChannelDelibird:
Peabody
Brian Skies:
ChannelDelibird, SleepyKrew, Plum, CrashTextDummie

Not Voting:
Empire

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2013-10-17 00:00:00)

Mod Notes
: Let me know if there are errors. Phoneposting's kind of a bitch lol.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:06 am

Post by fferyllt »

Empire, some discussion with you any time now would be pretty cool.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:18 am

Post by LolWagons »

Brian- the Empire wagon is more likely to take off...vote it.
Peabody- CDB isnt gonna happen today buddy, sorry. Pick a bigger wagon.
Garmr- Same to you.
GG- As ffer said this is more of SK town play, you should check up his games. Also like ffer, your case has given me pause, probably to the point where Id be saying garmr was more town than SK now, but that wagon is very unlikely to happen. Choose a bigger wagon.

NS, if youre reading this, even just from your phone, pick a bigger wagon.

The fact that Brian didn't vote Empire even though he easily could have because he had listed him as scum reads town to me...if you are the leading wagon with less than a day left and have your counterwagon as a scum read...as scum... it would be practically instinctive to vote it. Instead he kept it on sleepy. I like that, shows self preservation isnt the first thing on his mine. either that or they're buddies. Either way we strike that beautiful red gold (isnt that ketchup).

guys, its getting a little too close now >_>
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:23 am

Post by fferyllt »

I will be here off and on to nightfall. But, we do need to at least consolidate some. notsci,l garmr and peabody's votes are useless atm.

Idic
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:55 am

Post by Empire »

Hey, just got back from eating, I'll do my best to speed-read this thing but I'm going to visit family in a couple of hours and I won't be around at deadline.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:02 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 877, fferyllt wrote:I agree about the bullshit reads list and felt it was a signpost pointing in the not-scum direction. Other stuff, not quite so much. I'm going to need to consume considerably more coffee before I write up an analysis. And the analysis is going to boil down to "this is kinda weak to call a model".

Gutwise, I'm pretty uneasy, though.

It's annoying that replacements have churned up some of my reads, but it is what it is.
I don't have time right now (obviously) to dredge up a full model here but I feel like this + Kaze generally being very town should solidify this read personally. And Peabody's replace-in didn't ping my gut at all -- it all seems kind of haphazard but people do those annoying disjointed catch-ups all the time. They're unreadable for me without any sort of meta backing so I prefer to just sit on it and try and read them off the stuff they've posted in thread (this is why I didn't really try to read Slaxx off of his post-by-post notes thing earlier). If anything, his responses to people suspecting him read townish to me from what I remember when I read them.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 959, Empire wrote:
In post 877, fferyllt wrote:I agree about the bullshit reads list and felt it was a signpost pointing in the not-scum direction. Other stuff, not quite so much. I'm going to need to consume considerably more coffee before I write up an analysis. And the analysis is going to boil down to "this is kinda weak to call a model".

Gutwise, I'm pretty uneasy, though.

It's annoying that replacements have churned up some of my reads, but it is what it is.
I don't have time right now (obviously) to dredge up a full model here but I feel like this + Kaze generally being very town should solidify this read personally. And Peabody's replace-in didn't ping my gut at all -- it all seems kind of haphazard but people do those annoying disjointed catch-ups all the time. They're unreadable for me without any sort of meta backing so I prefer to just sit on it and try and read them off the stuff they've posted in thread (this is why I didn't really try to read Slaxx off of his post-by-post notes thing earlier). If anything, his responses to people suspecting him read townish to me from what I remember when I read them.
I actually came around to town-Peabody after rereading, though the specific stuff that SK questioned about his entrance in this game didn't really fit Peabody's other town replace-ins.

Idic
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 921, fferyllt wrote:Well, your list of 3 is my list of 3. I'd probably put Empire first rather than second. The one other game I played with him, he was way more engaged, and pushed me for better content repeatedly. I was scum, but still. He's not pushing people in this game with sub par content. I have no completed games with CDB, so I'm thinking about the comments that people who do know his game have made.
Uh what the fuck? This is actually completely factually untrue. It was a hydra where Tierce did the overwhelming majority of the posting because I was literally too demoralized to continue the posting energy after Andrius' lolhammer and the town stupidly lynched one of my strongest townreads. I don't even remember pushing you for content as I was too focused on tunneling That One Player to do anything.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 961, Empire wrote:
In post 921, fferyllt wrote:Well, your list of 3 is my list of 3. I'd probably put Empire first rather than second. The one other game I played with him, he was way more engaged, and pushed me for better content repeatedly. I was scum, but still. He's not pushing people in this game with sub par content. I have no completed games with CDB, so I'm thinking about the comments that people who do know his game have made.
Uh what the fuck? This is actually completely factually untrue. It was a hydra where Tierce did the overwhelming majority of the posting because I was literally too demoralized to continue the posting energy after Andrius' lolhammer and the town stupidly lynched one of my strongest townreads. I don't even remember pushing you for content as I was too focused on tunneling That One Player to do anything.
Then I must have ascribed several of Tierce's posts to you. But I could have sworn that it was you griping at me on the day that ProHawk was lynched.

Idic
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 952, SleepyKrew wrote:Empire is less active as scum. He's said so himself (on Skype so I can't really get proof but if he disagrees then we can 1v1). Idk if his inactivity this game is due to that, or due to REAL LIFE
This meta is generally true but my inactivity here is largely due to IRL stuff (trying to look for a job in a legal market that's not hiring anyone sucks) and also just generally due to a lack of motivation here. The game as a whole was really in a huge dirge that made it hard for me to get into it.

Anyway since I won't be on starting ~30 minutes from now.

Vote: Brian

Shameless self preservation mostly. I know I'm town and I'd be lying if I said I'd be ok with being mislynched here despite how awful I've been (+ a lot of stuff about Brian still bothers me, especially the relative inactivity when he was way more into the game in that one Mismatched Micro I read -- he also dropped off big time in activity in that Mini Normal IIRC).

Honestly, at this point, I'm getting increasingly paranoid that someone who's actually good at scum is just styling over my ability to read this game but I don't have the time to read more closely.

P-edit: It was probably Tierce, I legit barely even gave your slot thought.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 963, Empire wrote:P-edit: It was probably Tierce, I legit barely even gave your slot thought.
Like, me barely thinking about the game because I was so caught up in that Saki tunnel was a big part of the reason why we lost.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by notscience »

Intent, but I have to go in like an hour
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by LolWagons »

Im done in an hour guys. I'll put him at L-1 if nothing comes of it before.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

VOTE: Empire
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by fferyllt »

UNVOTE

Idic
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Post by LolWagons »

?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Post by notscience »

I am going in 10, so..
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by LolWagons »

Might as well park your vote
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by notscience »

VOTE: Brian
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 968, fferyllt wrote:
UNVOTE
Is that all?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by fferyllt »

For now.

Idic

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”