NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3807 (isolation #200) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'm pretty sure everyone has an interest in removing that nightkill from the game.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3808 (isolation #201) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:00 am

Post by Cephrir »

Then again, Rena is like 75% the last bluescum and we aren't lynching her today so maybe that is the right tree to bark up after all.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3812 (isolation #202) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:53 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'm interested in the blue team because some of them have actually flipped. I suck at non-associative tells.

Is that why Seanald? Really, how interesting. First I've heard of it. Or are you latching onto someone else's reason because you were full of shit?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3831 (isolation #203) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 3824, Desperado wrote:
In post 3822, Bulbazak wrote:If we are assuming that this is multiball, then it is in town's best interest to eliminate a NK. Why would you not want to do so? And why would it be more important to eliminate Kitty rather than a NK?
But it is not in the town's best interest to derail a lynch because solely because they probably aren't bluescum. Which is what Cephrir said.
I thought it was generally agreed that finishing blue was our objective today. And personally, I think it's very likely the last blue is between Rena and PA. But since there isn't enough support there, I guess it's a moot point.
In post 3827, CrashTextDummie wrote:I'm struggling really hard with ThAd's vig claim.
Really
hard. My most pressing issues with it:

1. Peregrine's whole "love at first sight in the pre-game" spiel. I can only conclude that ThAd or one of his predecessors claimed vig at some point in the neighborhood QT. Why? What did Peregrine/DLG do to earn that kind of trust?
2. ThAd's motivation to out the neighborhood. I thought it was odd to begin with ("I don't think my neighbor is scum, but I'm intrigued by the 1 scum per neighborhood theory, so I'm claiming to add an interesting twist to the game", paraphrased), but by outing himself as a neighbor specifically to fuel a "scum in the neighborhoods" argument, he put himself on a shortlist of potential scum, which seems really counter-intuitive if you're playing a power role.
3. ThAd's play today (and PV's by extension). He did
nothing
to stop the wagon on himself, barely any scumhunting (none after his wagon started getting steam), barely any defending. Pretty much "lemme know when it's time to claim" all the way through. It feels to me like he
wanted
to claim. He certainly didn't put any effort into protecting his role today.
4. The revolving door of players in ThAd's slot. This is kind of a meta argument, but it's really odd to me that two players replaced out of a very popular role as claimed. This is a very demanding game so it's possible that they were both just overwhelmed, but vig is about as low maintenance as it gets; just follow along and take your shots, no case-making required to get your suspects dead and an easy out if you get wagoned.

1 and 2 just plain don't make sense from a town point of view, 3 points towards ThAd being an SK with NK-immunity. 4 makes a lot more sense as well if he's SK (SK is always an uphill battle and requires a ton of effort in a game as gargantuan as this).

Bottom line, I don't think ThAd is town. All those propagating a "we should eliminate a NK" angle should take note. Vote stays.
These arguments are disturbingly good. But it would be very easy to mostly confirm Thad via the appearance of a third nightkill, so I think giving him a chance to shoot someone is the best idea. I don't think it's likely he's an SK, unless the mod colored the one scumteam blue just to fuck with us.

To whoever suggested lynching Thad if he's alive tomorrow: You can do things like that if you don't say them, but once you say them it becomes WIFOM city.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3883 (isolation #204) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'd say the timing was about right if AK was going to be bussed. Things weren't looking too hot for them at that point. I don't see what looks bussy about it though; explain?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3891 (isolation #205) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Cephrir »

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks. Might be a good avenue to pursue if AK flips scum.

I was always probably going to join this wagon but those last few posts sealed it for me.

VOTE: AK
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3892 (isolation #206) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 3886, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Mollie you are being mean to me. I'm not going to talk to when you're accusing me of lurking when I was sleeping.
The fact you're saying I'm going to make empty promises and didn't even give me a freaken chance. Then accuse of me of a relative scum tell which is NOT true.
In post 3887, Amethyst Kitty wrote:It's okay Mollie.

You'll learn that this little relative scum tell with >.> is bogus. Just like I had to learn that the relative scum tell I had on Om was no longer valid. Please stop saying I normally do when I write is a scum tell. I used to do it all the time on my other site and its where I picked it up from.

I can skim my only scum game there, but I don't even think I did shifty eyes, tbh.
In post 3884, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Please walk me trough the Despo town read. I'm just not seeing it.

Dear Mara I hate 1v1. Why would you do this shit? <.<

Yes town is town bussing us. *dances*
Like these all sound like frustrated scum to me
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3895 (isolation #207) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:54 am

Post by Cephrir »

In hindsight, maybe? They feel different, but the only specific thing I can actually define is the AtE.

For some reason I feel like I've said those exact words before.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3903 (isolation #208) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:16 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I was beginning to think ThAd could be a sneaky SK pretending not to exist for the first couple days, but I actually doubt an SK would play the not-caring card and make little enough effort to appear town that he's generally unlikely to survive to endgame. So I'm leaning towards ruling that out and probably not wanting to lynch him ever if a third kill shows up.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3904 (isolation #209) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by Cephrir »

As absurdly WIFOMy as that sounds.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3906 (isolation #210) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:00 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I was going to wait for the counter wagon to get some steam before suggesting it was probably scum driven, you tipped them off! D:
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3928 (isolation #211) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:17 am

Post by Cephrir »

As much as you are probably town AA it would be nice if you could try a little. I'm now apparently one of your top scumreads because I didn't feel like answering a stupid question. At least pretend to care?

I am a little surprised AK is still going on with this KK garbage, and Desperado's spoiler title pretty much says it all about that "1v1".

In other news I think I may hate hydras.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3949 (isolation #212) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:01 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 3939, Amethyst Kitty wrote: Khan, Red Ryu was killed at night... not lynched the next day... you just admitted to killing him. thanks for that.
In what universe is this the same thing?
In post 3939, Amethyst Kitty wrote:I am not calling you scummy for lynching scum, I'm calling you scummy for attacking the leader of that day's scum lynch
If Bacde was independently scummy there would be nothing preventing him from being redscum. He just isn't. And being wrong is not a scumtell in and of itself.
In post 3939, Amethyst Kitty wrote:and yes, you did try to subtly discredit us. I mean, what else would the whole "quick, who can tell me who are their reads" thing could be, especially when I'm attacking you.
Subtly? That was a pretty blatant attempt to discredit you, and an accurate one at that.
In post 3939, Amethyst Kitty wrote:You aren't even addressing my points, just throwing them off to the side... again
He literally addressed every one of your points.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3993 (isolation #213) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I don't read him as SK, so I remain in the lynch if he can't prove it camp.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3999 (isolation #214) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Post by Cephrir »

If this wasn't multiball I would unvote for the sheer level of detail in that reads list.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4032 (isolation #215) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:23 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I don't know why you would be surprised that wagons aren't taking off when they're on players most of us consider town.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4053 (isolation #216) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:30 am

Post by Cephrir »

The thing about that case is that Seanald can't be bluescum because Rena or penguin is already bluescum. Aside from that though, it's solid and I will consider pursuing that avenue tomorrow/if this wagon falls apart.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4069 (isolation #217) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

Since apparently no one reads my posts. Now every time someone asks me why I suspect Rena and PA I am just going to link this post unless something new comes up. It has been a while since some of these things have been said but I see no reason they should be any less valid.
In post 2956, Cephrir wrote:De ja vous. Here you go, AK.
In post 1799, Cephrir wrote:It's hardly just a lurker lynch. Have you read his posts? Mindless bandwagon hops, total uselessness, and even manages to contradict himself despite never saying anything useful. (One post he's not sure what he thinks about me, a couple posts later he votes me with no explanation). I don't actually understand why he's been allowed to get away with making posts of "Vote: x" and nothing else, and if I recall correctly both times were sheeps not of the largest wagon but of the most recent vote above his. How can you sound more like you just want to lynch anyone but you than that?
In post 1410, thezmon221 wrote:Alright, so now I'm going to wrap up this post with this:
VOTE: fuzzy

I don't like your overall mentality with the game at this point. You've been really dodgy this game. I don't find any value in any of your posts. Your reads are safer than OS's information was. Gut read? Really. Develop something. Try. Have AP Exams? Cool story bro, so do I. In fact, I have an exam on Thursday. You don't see me dodging the game and making useless third-party comments.

I feel fuzzy's gone unnoticed, and you should all notice him through my post. Cephrir's confrontation with him was a start. Oh, and I want a reads list from him too.
In post 2842, Cephrir wrote:
In post 144, fuzzybutternut wrote:Tbh: I have a hard time reading Ceph.
It's not that he's not likely as scum. It's that I don't see him as scum.

Ryu, hmm. Now THERE is a likely scum if I ever saw one.

Don't want to vote him just yet though. Ryu, what do you have to say to this?
In post 153, fuzzybutternut wrote:.....................damn it, Ryu.

That's just too cute.
In post 185, fuzzybutternut wrote:What?
I don't want to lynch Ryu. :(
Haven't looked into every possibility yet but for now,

VOTE: Haylen
In post 3446, Cephrir wrote:Buddy analysis, part I: thez posts
In post 1410, thezmon221 wrote: MAFIA:
[fuzzybutternut,
Oversoul
EddieFenix
Thor665
, Om The Destroyer, Baby Spice, Hanzo_5]

Oh, and I felt I should address this:
In post 1371, Hanzo_5 wrote:
@Thezmon

Your reasonless list is nothing but filler. To paraphrase you, you said "Hey im here and im doing stuff, Im not done yet so it looks like im not doing anything".

Im bringing this to light because I see it as fluff and everyone else should too.

I dont know why your fluffy. But I dont care for it. Your life no linger matters to me. Plz fix that.
It's too bad I don't care. Maybe you should try putting something non-fluff yourself instead of calling out other fluff. My post had more content than yours. Your recent posts don't do much justice for you IME either.

Alright, so now I'm going to wrap up this post with this:

I don't like your overall mentality with the game at this point. You've been really dodgy this game. I don't find any value in any of your posts. Your reads are safer than OS's information was. Gut read? Really. Develop something. Try. Have AP Exams? Cool story bro, so do I. In fact, I have an exam on Thursday. You don't see me dodging the game and making useless third-party comments.

I feel fuzzy's gone unnoticed, and you should all notice him through my post. Cephrir's confrontation with him was a start. Oh, and I want a reads list from him too.
Fuzzy isn't in much danger at this point, so entering the game with a vote on him isn't too dangerous if they're buddies. I've been voting him for some time at this point and it's evident that's going nowhere fast. Also, it's not like fuzzy is worth keeping around as a scumbuddy anyway. This scumlist is interesting, and we'll compare it to his final one (after he's clearly getting lynched) later.
In post 1435, thezmon221 wrote: PEDIT:
Cephrir wrote:Are you seriously suggesting this is a bus of Nacho before Nacho has even flipped? Not to mention that anyone would ever bus this hard? =/
The Nacho wagon does have a lot of townreads on it, and the RR wagon really has the opposite. That's the most important point in its favor for me, but I'm still not convinced. What I am convinced of is that most of the voters on that wagon believe what they're saying, and maybe that should be enough reason for me to get on it as an admittedly bad scumhunter, but it still isn't. That's just not how I vote.
Who is bussing Nacho? If you're saying that the RR wagon is a bus, then we have greatly differing definitions.
He claims the RR wagon isn't a bus... would he do that if he knew it was? I don't know. Though this was a misunderstanding, it's worth noting nonetheless.
In post 1611, thezmon221 wrote:
In post 1602, CrashTextDummie wrote:Thezmon also rubs me the wrong way. He's all "your points are good, but I need just
a little bit
more to get me to vote him". It feels forced. He hasn't expressed a town read on Nacho, so I don't see why the existing arguments shouldn't be enough to turn him into a scumread. Nor why he's not rereading Nacho himself to figure out if he's a good lynch. Right now it looks like he's just hedging his bets, hesitant to join the major wagon in the game. I did have a scum read on his predecessor which probably makes me biased when it comes to reading his posts, but this looks plainly scummy to me.
One-two viable points and an ass load of meta is not good enough for me. I don't need a "little bit" more, I need a decent amount more.

Sure, I haven't expressed Nacho as a town read, but he isn't necessarily a scum read either. I like my vote where it is right now, and nobody's been able to provide a solid case for me. Bacde has just sputtered out a point periodically among the "VOTE NACHO VOTE NACHO HE'S NOT TOWN HE'S SCUM META META META" crap.
Stand-in for a bunch of posts like this one. thez does a lot of soft-chainsawing of Nacho, like a *lot*. I think this is white-knighting, as the connections between them are too damn easy to draw. But the opposite isn't entirely out of the question.
In post 2231, thezmon221 wrote:
In post 2181, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:But a Nero lynch is better. C'mon Nacho.
Have you shown why you think Nero is scum? If so, could you redirect me? If not, could you tell me? It seems like a novel, and maybe slightly random, read.

You know, I was about to really be on board with the Baby Spice lynch. Her post #2197 was truly terrible, as pointed out by Syry. Like, I had written out my vote as well as my reasons for the vote, only to then see her rage-replace vote. However, the frustration she inhibited and her replace out makes me want to wait for penguin to post some stuff for us since we still have a bit under a week.
Now, *this* is how you don't vote for a scumbuddy.
In post 2931, thezmon221 wrote:
CrashTextDummie wrote:You were a scumread yesterday.
Your Red Ryu interaction analysis feels extremely surface to me
(for example, you have thezmon as null when his one interaction with Ryu, an opportunistic vote on him by Mac, pretty clearly indicates they're not scum together) so I went looking for mentions of Red Ryu in your ISO and you look like a good bet for being his buddy yourself. You started out wavering on him and having him as null, then moved him to "officially scummy" when he started emerging as a counterwagon to Nacho's without contributing your vote (you were sitting alone on B&tB pretty much for the duration). You then gradually shifted him back down your list of suspects (he was a "question mark" among players on Nacho's wagon) for no discernible reason other than he wasn't posting much. In hindsight, you singling him out for "mindless Nacho pushing" bugs even more, because his attack against Nacho was more confusing than anything else in my opinion and only really obvious as a scum play to his scumbuddies.
Exactly what I thought. It sounds like an easy attempt by Cephrir to get some cheap towncred for something that is actually not very beneficial and shows very little ACTUAL depth of analysis.

Bacde just shot up in scumminess with me. His recent push on Nacho is so terrible. Not really sure what the point of him claiming vig is to me. It sounds like a panic and perhaps a cover-up for a tracker seeing him kill someone. It also sounds like another terrible way to frame Nacho in a bad light. Like, seriously. Even if he really is a vigilante, why is he mad at Nacho for the roleblock?
My analysis of RR was pretty surface, but it's interesting nonetheless that his scumbuddy tried to dismiss it and make the idea that my analysis sucked more of a town-wide opinion rather than just CTD's. Perhaps I was onto something after all?
In post 2939, thezmon221 wrote:
In post 2938, thezmon221 wrote:
Cephrir wrote:@thez: Do you really think bluescum would bus today? they lost one already and it's multiball.
True, I forgot about that. However Haylen's
death and flip as bluescum
wouldn't clear you as town, mind you.
Oops, that's what it should say.
I've already pointed this out but I may as well point it out again. If you make this slip-up and Haylen isn't your scumbuddy you probably don't care enough to correct it.
In post 2965, thezmon221 wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:Just to understand. There are three neighborhoods?

CrashTextDummie - Slandaar
ThAdmiral - ???
Desperado - ???
Reminds me:
What do people (not just KK, but KK can answer too) are the chances that at least one, if not two, of the neighborhoods are town-scum neighborhoods? I personally would say the chances are pretty good.
Oh? Are they? :)
thez wrote:
And Bacde is claiming vig with no kill on the board? I smell bullshit on that one.
He claimed to be RBed by Nacho's party.
Who uses this phrasing if they are a member of Nacho's party?
In post 3247, thezmon221 wrote: SCUM:
Haylen
ThAdmiral
Om the Destroyer
Desperado
Cephrir
Amethyst Kitty
At this point thez is pretty clearly going down. penguin_alien has disappeared compared to the original scumlist for no discernible reason. Desp, AK and myself have appeared on it, also for little discernible reason.

And now to comb through everyone else's posts.
In post 3739, Cephrir wrote:Buddy analysis, part deux

Again I'll be ignoring my overall town/scumreads to what extent I can.

CTD- Light suspicion of thezmon early D1 and (lol) said he was "clearly not scum with RR". No conclusion.
Nacho- has thez as 'strong town' early on, later votes him. Could be blue.
PV- nothing
Nero- not much interaction, but among the earliest thez voters. With RR dead, I don't think there's any chance blue would have voted him until his death became inevitable. So I'm giving Nero a free pass.
Bacde- ahahahaha no
Bulb- not much interaction
Desp- big argument with thez + myself about essentially nothing. I don't think thez would have gone this far attacking his scumbuddy.
PA- defended thez after his claim; end of 3279 sounds potentially like someone who helped thez craft his claim (doesn't see the glaring issues with it, possibly wasn't paying attention when thez botched it). Likely partner, because if you're PA, who is widely suspected and grade A useless, if you're scum with only thez, your only play is to try to save him.
Sland- Light scumread on thez eventually, suggests lynching him long before anyone else does, which I would think was possibly safe bussing except he then presents a somewhat compelling if brief argument. Good point wrt those who were on the wagon and got off, I'll keep that in mind.
Sean- nothing, shocker
ThAd- Maybe-fake rage about thez's continued survival (this is after his death is inevitable). Also that one Hanzo post. Analysis today based on the premise that scum must have bussed thezmon is kind of bluey.
Rena- fuzzy and thez has a small but pissy argument about his activity level (frustrated scumbuddy?). Rena asked someone why they were voting thez at one point and then never mentioned him again.
KK- initially hesitant about Bacde's case but ultimately becomes an early voter.
AK- has thez listed as town, but doesn't know why. Not sure I see the scum motivation is jumping on thez then immediately jumping off because they apparently needed to ask me a question.
ffull- effectively an early voter
Om- Defended thez after claim with suggestion that he should live for now. Don't like it.
AA9- suspected thez early; his explosive reaction = not scumbuddies.

Likely thezmon buddies

p_a
ThAd
Om
Nacho
Rena

Unlikely

Bacde
Desperado
KK
AA9
ffull
Nero

No conclusion

CTD
PV
Bulb
Sland
Sean
AK

Considering thezmon's posts and both of my blue lists, I conclude that the most likely blue scum are Rena, Penguin, Om, ThAd and Slandaar.
Bacde, Nero, Kublai and AA9 are pretty much clear of being blue in my book.
But I'm not completely closed to considering other possible bluescum connections if they're actually persuasive. I recognize that I can be wrong seeing as I usually am. But this also means that I'm more open to hunting redscum (which, again, I didn't really want to bend my personal efforts to yet because I'm more confident in my ability to scumhunt by association, even though I have never actually caught scum either way) as long as these two are alive and unlynched, since there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4073 (isolation #218) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Cephrir »

I think it's very possible.

She could also be lying, though the no result on Bacde would be incredibly ballsy.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4075 (isolation #219) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'm perfectly aware that Rena is not getting lynched today. She could be redscum, too, but my case is mostly associative.

I guess it's possible that we're just dealing with an SK and Mastin is trolling us, but I doubt it. And the SK theory is probably assuming ThAd is said SK, and he just isn't.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4077 (isolation #220) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

At the time she claimed, though it wasn't entirely clear to me whether she was saying no one visited on those nights. Possible hedging. :P
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4083 (isolation #221) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:02 am

Post by Cephrir »

If Thad is an SK he isn't a good one. The theory is to balance your posts somewhere between lynchable and nightkillable, but Thad just hasn't made any effort to be townie enough. I could see maybe a deliberate lurking strategy, but his "I don't give a fuck" responses and his insistence that he's going to kill CTD are just not SK material.

I suppose I might be tunneling at this point. I'll try to drop that for the time being.

I like the Seanald wagon. I'm tired of him doing nothing but hopping between myself and the biggest wagon. And I know I can hardly be objective in the matter but his suspicion of me as well as dat vote on AK were pretty terrible. AK are looking a bit better since they stopped flailing so hard anyway, and besides I have three solid townreads on this wagon.

Unvote, Vote: Seanald
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4085 (isolation #222) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by Cephrir »

How was AK too easy? I don't see that at all.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4090 (isolation #223) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:31 am

Post by Cephrir »

Desperado posted a case a few pages ago.

Alternatively ISO Seanald yourself, it's not like he has a lot of posts.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4094 (isolation #224) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

I think that could be something scum might do to look town (unafraid of looking anti-town) but I have trouble imagining town caring little enough to vote for such a dumb reason when they are supposedly actually suspicious of someone else. Plus, why does Seanald care if someone is annoying when he barely seems to be reading the thread?

That's WIFOM, but still, it's an idea.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4099 (isolation #225) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Cephrir »

I thought the theory was that we already did? Are you saying you don't think he's blue? I don't necessarily disagree, I could see either way, but is that what you're saying?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4108 (isolation #226) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

CTD wrote:Cephrir's argument for keeping ThAdmiral alive is terrible. He's giving him a pass for not giving a shit, when such an attitude is strictly alignment neutral. It's bad play if he's town (in that he makes no effort to help his faction), but can work as a strategy if he's scum, as evidenced by Cephrir's argument. And then on the same page, he offers up this insight into Seanald's play:
Cephrir wrote:I think that could be something scum might do to look town (unafraid of looking anti-town) but I have trouble imagining town caring little enough to vote for such a dumb reason when they are supposedly actually suspicious of someone else. Plus, why does Seanald care if someone is annoying when he barely seems to be reading the thread?
So ThAd can't be SK because he's unafraid of looking anti-town and not giving a shit, but Seanald can be scum because he's doing it to look town and would be giving a shit if he was town. He's essentially making the same argument for both players, but reaching completely opposite conclusion.
The primary difference is that, given ThAd's claim, I don't believe he can possibly be mafia. This attitude can work for mafia but it does not work for an SK, as said SK needs to be one of the last two players alive, and a player would never think he'd be able to do that while playing like Thad has been. If it helps, I would rule Seanald out as an SK as well for the same reasons.
CTD wrote:Meanwhile, Cephrir hasn't said a peep about the fact that ThAd is planning to shoot one of his strong town-reads. If he was town, I would expect him to at least acknowledge this in his rampant white-knighting of ThAd.
The first time he said it I didn't take it seriously, but yeah, I should address this now that it's clear he is serious.

@Thad
:Are you able to not shoot CTD tonight if that's the condition for you not being lynched today? If it comes down to it, running Thad up until he agrees to this would probably be worth it. Everyone else, don't end the day until this has been discussed.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4113 (isolation #227) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:46 pm

Post by Cephrir »

To be fair, Desp, Bacde is too busy worrying about Nacho and KK & Nacho don't seem to have posted since you made your case.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4122 (isolation #228) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Do you want to win, or don't you, Thad? Are you actually going to be so egotistical that you're going with your own self-admittedly weak read when literally everyone disagrees with you? Should I lynch you just for asking that question?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4128 (isolation #229) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:40 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4127, Slandaar wrote:Lets just lynch Rena...

Rena is obviously scum 'IMMA PR YOU GUIZ LOOK I HAZ BREADCRUMBS I NO DO ANYTHING ELSE THO LOLOLOLOL'. I mean wow, 'ohhhhhh we can't lynch claimed PR gotta test da claim!' no you don't shes scum you just lynch her.

Who actually believes town has all the power claimed so far plus whatever is left? Of course noone does; Rena is scum.
In post 4084, Rena wrote:I'm not feeling an AK scum.
It seems too easy.

I could easily see Seanald as scum ie lurking through most of the days to the extent I forget he's actually playing this game, coming in to bandwagon that sort of thing.
Why isn't Sean 'too easy?'

Scum has been found.

VOTE: Rena
Yep she's pretty much blatantly scum

Regardless of whether he is actually a vig Thad is obviously trolling us at this point... maybe he was only claiming vig to live another day, is scum, and knows he's dying tomorrow when no kill shows up... but that still isn't a reason to lynch him. I don't know what we should do if he won't quit trolling, like, I've never been in a situation like this before and I just don't know how to respond to it.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4166 (isolation #230) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

Why are you complaining about us not paying attention to the neighbors when we are literally paying attention to the neighbors at this exact moment? Just another 'here's someone else to look at!' I guess. I'm not sure how you look at that group of 6 players and come up with PV as the one you don't have any issues with...
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4198 (isolation #231) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by Cephrir »

VC wrote:Seanald - 5 (
PeregrineV
, ArcAngel9, Cephrir, ThAdmiral,
penguin_alien
)
Nero Cain - 5 (
Nachomamma8, CrashTextDummie, Desperado, Bacde
, Ffullisade)
...Oh, fine.

Vote: Nero Cain
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4218 (isolation #232) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Quality defense. Really, A+ effort there.

Could you at least try to rebut the case or are you just giving up?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4221 (isolation #233) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4220, Nero Cain wrote:I'm typing it now. Why are you rushing me?
I had no way of knowing this. Why are you being needlessly hostile? :P
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4223 (isolation #234) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Cephrir »

That seems likely.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4303 (isolation #235) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Wow, Nacho and Bacde aren't scum together? What an incredible insight! Who could have deduced that? :O :O :O
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4317 (isolation #236) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4312, ffullisade wrote: let's look at cephrir. does anybody seriously believe that cephrir has no idea what to do with thad's "trolling". omg, no. I mean that is what cephrir is saying, "I have no idea what to do about thad's trolling cos I have just never encountered it before!". oh plz.
I haven't. I've never seen a claimed vig say, "Nope fuck you imma do whatever I want". Find a completed game of mine where this happens. You can't. If I didn't believe he was town I'd lynch him for it, but now it's a question of, 'is it worth lynching town to save a useful, stronger town?' and I'm not sure it is because we could potentially lynch scum today. I guess we could have protective roles go on CTD or something, or at least WIFOM that possibility, just so he'll pick a different target. [/directingPRs]
In post 4312, ffullisade wrote:cephrir, how do you feel about discerning the difference between town flail and scum flail? I thought we had a nice exchange around that but it seems to be lost...
Honestly, I think this is a skill that I don't have. When Desp was flailing, I thought the flail was scummy. The difference between him and AK for me at this point is that the body of Desp's posts outside of said flail is good (day 2 & 3, at least), whereas AK's other posts are basically useless and aren't really scumhunting (KK doesn't count because that case and vote have got to be the most useless thing I have ever seen).

I have seen flailing before that I thought was town, but I can't quantify the difference.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4397 (isolation #237) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:50 am

Post by Cephrir »

*swish* CTD wins! More Nero votes or an en-masse switch back to Seanald, please. They're both scum.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4422 (isolation #238) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by Cephrir »

you don't have any credibility to put on the line
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4430 (isolation #239) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4427, Kublai Khan wrote:Is Amethyst Kitty using humor as a town-tell? Seriously?
Fair, but I actually found the rest of it somewhat convincing, or at the very least genuine from AK. Anything to say about that?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4431 (isolation #240) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4429, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 4428, Amethyst Kitty wrote:
In post 4427, Kublai Khan wrote:Is Amethyst Kitty using humor as a town-tell? Seriously?
No, I'm using it as a relative tell.

Nice misrep though
A relative tell of what?

Learn what misrep actually means.
Please don't be intentionally obtuse it isn't cute
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4449 (isolation #241) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

Nero, I think you're starting to get pedantic. I agree with that leash plan, as much as I'd personally like to add to the no-go list.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4464 (isolation #242) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

It's hard for me to disregard CTD's rather solid case for a little meta done by someone else. With a few of my townreads moving off that wagon I don't feel as obligated to sheep anymore, but I've become more convinced in the meantime. That said, I'll hop over and support the lynch I think has a better chance of going through today.

Unvote, Vote: Seanald

PV is hardly a shining beacon of towniness but I don't think he's the right lynch today. First of all, if he was scum neighbored to a claimed vig, do we think he would leave that vig alive? Maybe, if said vig's suspicions were incorrect. Second, outguessing the mod a bit, do we think a vig would be neighbored to scum? Okay, again, maybe. But I think what I'm trying to say here is that I want to find out whether ThAd is a vig first and I also think the relationship between the two of them, if PV is in fact scum, could prove to be a wealth of information and I'm in favor of continuing to let that information flow.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4471 (isolation #243) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:25 am

Post by Cephrir »

You didn't address the part of my post that actually got to the point :(
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4508 (isolation #244) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4499, ffullisade wrote:tbh I wanna lynch rena. especially with that last post.

I don't give a shit if she is a claimed watcher cos it is kind of obvious she isn't even reading the game if she is asking who has claimed so far. <----- I mean if you are a watcher shouldn't you be paying attention so you know who to watch?
I would lynch Rena over anyone else in a heartbeat
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4521 (isolation #245) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4514, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 878, Seanald wrote:I think arcangel is a strong town read for me right now, this is based mainly on Meta and it's relation to this game.

I have a soft spot for Oversoul cuz of 90's mafia so my heart says town but my mind is still leary.

Om is null to me, ive seen him do that stupid shit before and it hasn't really been alignment indicative to me.
In post 1545, Seanald wrote:VOTE: Nacho
I've decided im willing to follow you bacde
In post 3324, Seanald wrote:
In post 3317, ArcAngel9 wrote:Which is exactly that I said about Oversould and nobody believed me. I said Red Ryu is scum which was pretty much ignored by everyone.
And who are you calling Horribad?? Get a life you punk!!! Huh!!
Still awarded no town points, and I find it's more likely scum who says these types of things in some hope to gain easy town points somehow.

<<< Fixed quote tags, and deleted some white space. >>>
What rubbish!!!!!
So your'e saying that others are giving lame reasons to jump in your while you have done the same.
You intially called me "town" for meta reasons and after that you have hardly said/asked me anything in the game and you started accusing me and calling me scum....

Morever, you were open to sheep someone and now you're complaining others sheeping despo??? Are you kidding me seanald?
This post is both town and a slam dunk
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4526 (isolation #246) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:54 am

Post by Cephrir »

You do realize, AA, that you have yet to give any reason for suspecting me whatsoever.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4560 (isolation #247) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:22 am

Post by Cephrir »

If you seriously think I'm scum with Rena, Sland, you may need your head examined.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4573 (isolation #248) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:45 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4569, Desperado wrote:
In post 4568, Slandaar wrote:Don't feel like explaining it right now though.
Please don't forget, I'd love to hear it.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4576 (isolation #249) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

Go go gadget scum-driven counterwagon!

Seriously though, Bulb is town. Stoppit.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4588 (isolation #250) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4577, Nero Cain wrote:Why is Bulb town?
I've been townreading him since early and have seen little reason to change my mind. You both feel each of you is misrepresenting the other. You're both tunneling. I stopped reading your bickering several pages ago, but I didn't see that either of you was light years ahead when I was reading it.

Also, you and Seanald, both of whom I believe are scum, are voting him. That's rather compelling.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4590 (isolation #251) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Cephrir »

*chomps at bit*
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4593 (isolation #252) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Every opinion in Rena 1571 is exactly the majority town opinion; she's a little paranoid about the townreads that there are 1 or 2 people suspicious of; is paranoid of CTD and calls him town in the same post; doesn't want to direct the vig and is a little paranoid of CTD thereby encouraging ThAd to shoot CTD; we should wagon Desp despite him being a townread for a stupid reason (and btw it turns out most people react to pressure, not that I wasn't scumreading Desp back in the day but still); pointing out Slandaar's 'contradiction' is useless since this is multiball anyway so it can't possibly be a slip; insinuation that ThAd is only a *claimed* vig; and why the hell do you think "the scum team" is particularly powerful? (Air quotes because there are two scum teams, unless I suppose you're on one of them)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4594 (isolation #253) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Post by Cephrir »

4571, not 1571.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4601 (isolation #254) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Vote: Rena
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4653 (isolation #255) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

Half that vig pool is obvtown....
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4654 (isolation #256) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:22 am

Post by Cephrir »

At the very least, KK, Bacde and Nacho are like the absolute worst vig targets in the game
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4659 (isolation #257) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:59 am

Post by Cephrir »

Slandaar wrote:Then PV comes in and voted Oversoul D1 out of the blue over Desp; PV who doesn't like to bus.
Really? They're scumbuddies because they aren't bussing each other? I'm sure there are a variety of pairs in this game who aren't attacking one another and, newsflash, they aren't all scum.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4665 (isolation #258) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

The suggestion is, then, that Bulb has scumslipped the knowledge that there aren't 4 scum neighbors out of 6 neighbors, in a normal game...

Get real.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4672 (isolation #259) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:05 am

Post by Cephrir »

Rena with the omgus of the century. Nice play!

We're letting three good lynches slip through our fingers and it is driving me up the fucking wall
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4673 (isolation #260) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

Desp, we aren;t lynching ThAd. PLease help me do something remotely intelligent.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4677 (isolation #261) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:30 am

Post by Cephrir »

You being scum, on the other hand, is a marvelous scumtell
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4678 (isolation #262) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:31 am

Post by Cephrir »

(Also, omgus can be a scumtell, depending, and in this case, with these wagons where they are, I think it is. There's also the aspect where you're scum so I tend to interpret additional actions as scum motivated)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4683 (isolation #263) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I like how you leap to the conclusion that I'm a cop with a guilty on you.

Your reason for voting Slandaar appears to be that he hasn't explained something that he literally did explain. There is an at least passable case being built on him, but you've got this shit non-reason with 188 pages of thread. Have you even read the cases against Nero and Seanald?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4702 (isolation #264) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:30 am

Post by Cephrir »

Nero has actually been townposting lately.

It irritates me that we are somehow, inexplicably, lynching neither Seanald nor Rena today. Them's the breaks, I guess.

Vote: Slandaar
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4706 (isolation #265) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:42 am

Post by Cephrir »

And that's why we should be lynching Rena/Seanald. But apparently that's just too much to ask for.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4709 (isolation #266) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:53 am

Post by Cephrir »

I should be on again before deadline so feel free to start a wagon that isn't stupid
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4721 (isolation #267) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

The theory that I have to be redscum because I focused on blue after blue flips is getting a little stale.

Agreed on the neighborhoods theory. But Seanald is still a better lynch than Slandaar. There's still time ~~
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4722 (isolation #268) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4681, Rena wrote:
In post 4678, Cephrir wrote:(Also, omgus can be a scumtell, depending, and in this case, with these wagons where they are, I think it is. There's also the aspect where you're scum so I tend to interpret additional actions as scum motivated)
If you're planning on fake claiming cop, it wont work. Insane cop is not a normal role.
Let me know when someone has a reason for us not lynching this on the spot
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4728 (isolation #269) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

He was suggesting that 2 of the neghbors were scum (and that ThAd isn't)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4735 (isolation #270) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4733, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4729, Cephrir wrote:He was suggesting that 2 of the neghbors were scum (and that ThAd isn't)
We have 3 hoods, one killer per hood is 3? How is my math wrong?

Slan: Did CTD ever ask you about outing ya'lls QT? What did you say when he mentioned it?

Bulb: I'm discussing lylo 'cause there's a good possibility of it happening, I find you both scummy as fuck and I think its in the towns best intrest to have you two dead.
vigs are town
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4758 (isolation #271) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4755, ffullisade wrote:guys rena is scum like for realz
She is, but tragically, many of our players are thinking to the eleventh commandment: Thou shalt not lynch a claimed power role, no matter what, ever.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4803 (isolation #272) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:25 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4791, Desperado wrote:
In post 4786, ffullisade wrote:
has had us down as scum all game and now within minutes of his lynch he starts entertaining the idea that we are town? cos saying, "I will look into rena if I live" is treating us as town
No it isn't.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4838 (isolation #273) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

Maybe we can try actually lynching scum today?

Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4851 (isolation #274) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

There are only 15 players left in the game and you want someone to sheep who isn't four of the most sheepable players and Nero for some reason?

Dunno if I can help you there, maybe try scumhunting?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4852 (isolation #275) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Or you could sheep me~~~

That was a joke no one will ever do that
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4853 (isolation #276) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Nor, generally, should they
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4861 (isolation #277) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

4593 is a criticism of one post, but that post is pretty representative of her play. If you add "and she is doing all this constantly" to the end of the post, well, basically yes.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4876 (isolation #278) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4867, PeregrineV wrote:Was less than pleased with QT last night. Bulba was not my first choice for a bullet.

But, we are now divining the setup to be 2 scumteams, each with a roleblocker, that each managed to block a PR without doubling up on either?

I think that's stretching it somewhat.

Vote: Nachomamma
In post 4870, Nachomamma8 wrote:oh right no prod dodge
Vote: PeregrineV
Is this really the best either of you can come up with?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4939 (isolation #279) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4938, Seanald wrote:VOTE: Bulba It's just all to incredibly forced, the walls, the buzzwords, and the painfully forced reasoning. It just isn't real it's scum.

and considering I still have a strong scum read on Cephrir, I believe cephrir was totally trying to save his buddy at the end of yesterday there, basically begging for votes to be moved off bulba.
In post 4666, Slandaar wrote:
In post 4666, Cephrir wrote:The suggestion is, then, that Bulb has scumslipped the knowledge that there aren't 4 scum neighbors out of 6 neighbors, in a normal game...
Get real.
Hi Bulbas buddy.
Wow, you quoted a dead townie! That lends so much credence to your argument that you must be right! Incredibly original criticisms of Bulba, too.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4955 (isolation #280) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:45 am

Post by Cephrir »

Desp is so right that case is the most incredible load of BS

I'm just disappointed in myself for not going through it and noticing this personally
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4956 (isolation #281) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:47 am

Post by Cephrir »

I feel like that's the sort of thing that could have been manufactured later to back up a baseless opinion, because there's no way you were convinced based on that garbage
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4957 (isolation #282) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

Sorry for hating on your vote, Nacho, it's actually pretty solid.

Also re: lack of scumreads from Nacho, that's not even true.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4961 (isolation #283) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:15 am

Post by Cephrir »

Well, if ffull isn't going to vote Rena today and we're letting Seanald slip through our fingers yet again, I guess that'll do.

VOTE: Peregrine

If we never lynch either of those clowns I'm going to be mad at all of you.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4975 (isolation #284) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:14 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4955, Cephrir wrote:Desp is so right that case is the most incredible load of BS

I'm just disappointed in myself for not going through it and noticing this personally
Yes Pere you're right that vote came completely out of nowhere
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5011 (isolation #285) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

Nero also appears to have uncanny levels of insight into Bulba's thought process despite thinking he's scum =/

That would be quite a well-manufactured fight in that case, though it would explain why Nero's arguments against Bulb have been terrible.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5027 (isolation #286) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:24 am

Post by Cephrir »

That really doesn't look like sarcasm.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5060 (isolation #287) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:40 am

Post by Cephrir »

The location of that smiley does not imply sarcasm.

Even if you're town I think you're bullshitting this to sound better.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5102 (isolation #288) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:09 am

Post by Cephrir »

note to self: reread bulba's argument with nero cain because of reasons
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5136 (isolation #289) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I guess there's no reason not to go back to sincere voting now

Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5141 (isolation #290) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

What's the point of having two separate scumlists based on something we can't possibly know until we lynch all the neighbors?

It doesn't accomplish anything that just giving a scumlist would accomplish, except that the latter is actually more informative.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5148 (isolation #291) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

I mean, if the neighborhoods contain scum I think said scum are Seanald and you, and if not then the top of my scumlist is Rena and Nero. But I could have just told you "I think Seanald, PV, Rena and Nero are scum" and accomplished the exact same thing, and I'm still going to vote whoever I feel is scummiest out of that list of four, so I still don't see the point. I guess if the neighborhoods don't have scum it would change some of my reads due to associations but A.) I'm not going to reanalyze all my reads right now based on the possibilities that five given players are all town, and B.) We're so absurdly deep in hypotheticals at that point it's not much use anyway.

Basically I feel like you're pretending to be useful.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5149 (isolation #292) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

That said it probably is about time for another scumlist, the only thing is that we haven't had any scumflips in a while, and we haven't lynched any of my suspects, so I don't think it will have changed much.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5151 (isolation #293) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

I absolutely think the neighborhoods contain scum. But that's exclusively based on my reads of the actual neighbors. Also, what makes you so sure there are 8 scum? Not to mention, who says I need to have a number of scumreads equal to the number of scum if the setup were open? I don't honestly believe I've actually caught 4 scum, I'm sure I'm wrong about 1 or 2 of them. Welcome the mafia.

I will work on another list anyways though.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5152 (isolation #294) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Cephrir »

Welcome to mafia*

When I said that about the 8 scum I didn't see that your second paragraph does account for 6-8 scum, but the first doesn't...?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5168 (isolation #295) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

Speaking of counterwagons, I think it speaks volumes that it's been absolutely fucking impossible to lynch Rena this game.

Scum should be chomping at the bit to lynch a claimed watcher given the chance, and they aren't.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5258 (isolation #296) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5242, ffullisade wrote:
In post 5232, Nero Cain wrote:nope, not really though it is kinda interesting how Nacho was attacking me for attacking Rena and now he has a scum read on said slot. What has changed today for you?
"Our" scumread of Rena has become "My" read. By that I mean there's active consensus.

PeregrineV has very much become a person of interest. And ThAd has come off looking a little better as a result of both the dual roleblocked claims and the concerns about PeregrineV.

I'm feeling more confident that Nacho is town.

I thought yesterday that both the Bulba wagon and Slandaar wagon were a mislynch in progress, and I feel similarly today about bulba. I'm surprised he isn't arguing against it harder, but I can relate a little to feeling that, between shaky reads and near-inevitable mislynch, sooner could be better for town than later. Sometimes I play through a fog of deathwish for weeks.

My town read of you has weakened some. A couple of your posts today sound off notes to me. I hear talk about confident or smug scumplay.
I seldom actualy see someone who turns out to be scum play with visible smugness
. No matter how well things might be going, playing scum is usually a graceless and choppy dash to endgame seconds ahead of the house of cards collapsing.
Counterpoint: I do this.
In post 5245, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5237, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 5236, Nero Cain wrote:you think Bulb is town?
Because your ISO is longer than some games I played in, a little direction to the meat of your reason would help.
?!?!

This is pretty much the norm for me as town and you've played with me a fair amount so what's up with that?

off the top of my head

*his accusation that I am scum 'cause of my "deflect" is both selective and forced

*I do not like his hardcore buddying of the CTD

*I find it suspicious that he didn't vote for themon

*his backtracking on his each team has a scum neighbor
One of these points is solid, the other three are terrible. Can you figure out which one it is?

(Hints: you could argue half the game is buddying CTD and Bulba isn't even doing it anymore, thezmon was obvscum so that's not really relevant, and the backtracking re scum neighbors has been explained to death)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5265 (isolation #297) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

Considering I suspect you I don't see what's so outlandish about that
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5266 (isolation #298) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

that was @nero obviously
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5270 (isolation #299) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

Not because of Bulb's arguments but because your responses to him have been terrible and unconvincing.

And CTD's case was very good.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5278 (isolation #300) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:05 am

Post by Cephrir »

In the event that you flip town, Nero, it won't particularly make me wonder about CTD actually. If you lynch town with a mediocre case it can be scummy, when you lynch town with a really solid case it's their fault. I'm not as sold on him as I used to be only in the sense that my townread on him has stayed about where it was and I have stronger townreads now, but I find it very unlikely he's scum and probably won't lynch him anytime soon barring every other neighbor flipping town or something equally absurd.

Being unconvincing because your arguments suck is a scumtell in my book.

P-edit: Did you really say we should lynch Bulba even if he's town

Come on that argument is patently stupid. If you're looking for a utility lynch (ignoring for the time being that he's scummy as hell) look no further than Seanald.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5284 (isolation #301) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:14 am

Post by Cephrir »

Did you seriously just ask me for my read on Rena? My entire voting history is basically Rena->X->Rena->Y->Rena->Z->Rena ad infinitum.

I guess I need to post a list since apparently no one has been reading my posts this game
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5287 (isolation #302) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

Strong town
Bacde
CTD
Nacho
Bulb

Likely town
Desp
ffull
HD
PA

???
AK
Thad

Leaning scum
Nero
PV

Scum
Seanald
Rena
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5290 (isolation #303) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4069, Cephrir wrote:Since apparently no one reads my posts. Now every time someone asks me why I suspect Rena and PA I am just going to link this post unless something new comes up. It has been a while since some of these things have been said but I see no reason they should be any less valid.
In post 2956, Cephrir wrote:De ja vous. Here you go, AK.
In post 1799, Cephrir wrote:It's hardly just a lurker lynch. Have you read his posts? Mindless bandwagon hops, total uselessness, and even manages to contradict himself despite never saying anything useful. (One post he's not sure what he thinks about me, a couple posts later he votes me with no explanation). I don't actually understand why he's been allowed to get away with making posts of "Vote: x" and nothing else, and if I recall correctly both times were sheeps not of the largest wagon but of the most recent vote above his. How can you sound more like you just want to lynch anyone but you than that?
In post 1410, thezmon221 wrote:Alright, so now I'm going to wrap up this post with this:

In post 2842, Cephrir wrote:
In post 144, fuzzybutternut wrote:Tbh: I have a hard time reading Ceph.
It's not that he's not likely as scum. It's that I don't see him as scum.

Ryu, hmm. Now THERE is a likely scum if I ever saw one.

Don't want to vote him just yet though. Ryu, what do you have to say to this?
In post 153, fuzzybutternut wrote:.....................damn it, Ryu.

That's just too cute.
In post 185, fuzzybutternut wrote:What?
I don't want to lynch Ryu. :(
Haven't looked into every possibility yet but for now,

VOTE: Haylen
In post 3446, Cephrir wrote:Buddy analysis, part I: thez posts
In post 1410, thezmon221 wrote: MAFIA:
[fuzzybutternut,
Oversoul
EddieFenix
Thor665
, Om The Destroyer, Baby Spice, Hanzo_5]

Oh, and I felt I should address this:
In post 1371, Hanzo_5 wrote:
@Thezmon

Your reasonless list is nothing but filler. To paraphrase you, you said "Hey im here and im doing stuff, Im not done yet so it looks like im not doing anything".

Im bringing this to light because I see it as fluff and everyone else should too.

I dont know why your fluffy. But I dont care for it. Your life no linger matters to me. Plz fix that.
It's too bad I don't care. Maybe you should try putting something non-fluff yourself instead of calling out other fluff. My post had more content than yours. Your recent posts don't do much justice for you IME either.

Alright, so now I'm going to wrap up this post with this:

Fuzzy isn't in much danger at this point, so entering the game with a vote on him isn't too dangerous if they're buddies. I've been voting him for some time at this point and it's evident that's going nowhere fast. Also, it's not like fuzzy is worth keeping around as a scumbuddy anyway. This scumlist is interesting, and we'll compare it to his final one (after he's clearly getting lynched) later.
In post 1435, thezmon221 wrote: PEDIT:
Cephrir wrote:Are you seriously suggesting this is a bus of Nacho before Nacho has even flipped? Not to mention that anyone would ever bus this hard? =/
The Nacho wagon does have a lot of townreads on it, and the RR wagon really has the opposite. That's the most important point in its favor for me, but I'm still not convinced. What I am convinced of is that most of the voters on that wagon believe what they're saying, and maybe that should be enough reason for me to get on it as an admittedly bad scumhunter, but it still isn't. That's just not how I vote.
Who is bussing Nacho? If you're saying that the RR wagon is a bus, then we have greatly differing definitions.
He claims the RR wagon isn't a bus... would he do that if he knew it was? I don't know. Though this was a misunderstanding, it's worth noting nonetheless.
In post 1611, thezmon221 wrote:
In post 1602, CrashTextDummie wrote:Thezmon also rubs me the wrong way. He's all "your points are good, but I need just
a little bit
more to get me to vote him". It feels forced. He hasn't expressed a town read on Nacho, so I don't see why the existing arguments shouldn't be enough to turn him into a scumread. Nor why he's not rereading Nacho himself to figure out if he's a good lynch. Right now it looks like he's just hedging his bets, hesitant to join the major wagon in the game. I did have a scum read on his predecessor which probably makes me biased when it comes to reading his posts, but this looks plainly scummy to me.
One-two viable points and an ass load of meta is not good enough for me. I don't need a "little bit" more, I need a decent amount more.

Sure, I haven't expressed Nacho as a town read, but he isn't necessarily a scum read either. I like my vote where it is right now, and nobody's been able to provide a solid case for me. Bacde has just sputtered out a point periodically among the "VOTE NACHO VOTE NACHO HE'S NOT TOWN HE'S SCUM META META META" crap.
Stand-in for a bunch of posts like this one. thez does a lot of soft-chainsawing of Nacho, like a *lot*. I think this is white-knighting, as the connections between them are too damn easy to draw. But the opposite isn't entirely out of the question.
In post 2231, thezmon221 wrote:
In post 2181, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:But a Nero lynch is better. C'mon Nacho.
Have you shown why you think Nero is scum? If so, could you redirect me? If not, could you tell me? It seems like a novel, and maybe slightly random, read.

You know, I was about to really be on board with the Baby Spice lynch. Her post #2197 was truly terrible, as pointed out by Syry. Like, I had written out my vote as well as my reasons for the vote, only to then see her rage-replace vote. However, the frustration she inhibited and her replace out makes me want to wait for penguin to post some stuff for us since we still have a bit under a week.
Now, *this* is how you don't vote for a scumbuddy.
In post 2931, thezmon221 wrote:
CrashTextDummie wrote:You were a scumread yesterday.
Your Red Ryu interaction analysis feels extremely surface to me
(for example, you have thezmon as null when his one interaction with Ryu, an opportunistic vote on him by Mac, pretty clearly indicates they're not scum together) so I went looking for mentions of Red Ryu in your ISO and you look like a good bet for being his buddy yourself. You started out wavering on him and having him as null, then moved him to "officially scummy" when he started emerging as a counterwagon to Nacho's without contributing your vote (you were sitting alone on B&tB pretty much for the duration). You then gradually shifted him back down your list of suspects (he was a "question mark" among players on Nacho's wagon) for no discernible reason other than he wasn't posting much. In hindsight, you singling him out for "mindless Nacho pushing" bugs even more, because his attack against Nacho was more confusing than anything else in my opinion and only really obvious as a scum play to his scumbuddies.
Exactly what I thought. It sounds like an easy attempt by Cephrir to get some cheap towncred for something that is actually not very beneficial and shows very little ACTUAL depth of analysis.

Bacde just shot up in scumminess with me. His recent push on Nacho is so terrible. Not really sure what the point of him claiming vig is to me. It sounds like a panic and perhaps a cover-up for a tracker seeing him kill someone. It also sounds like another terrible way to frame Nacho in a bad light. Like, seriously. Even if he really is a vigilante, why is he mad at Nacho for the roleblock?
My analysis of RR was pretty surface, but it's interesting nonetheless that his scumbuddy tried to dismiss it and make the idea that my analysis sucked more of a town-wide opinion rather than just CTD's. Perhaps I was onto something after all?
In post 2939, thezmon221 wrote:
In post 2938, thezmon221 wrote:
Cephrir wrote:@thez: Do you really think bluescum would bus today? they lost one already and it's multiball.
True, I forgot about that. However Haylen's
death and flip as bluescum
wouldn't clear you as town, mind you.
Oops, that's what it should say.
I've already pointed this out but I may as well point it out again. If you make this slip-up and Haylen isn't your scumbuddy you probably don't care enough to correct it.
In post 2965, thezmon221 wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:Just to understand. There are three neighborhoods?

CrashTextDummie - Slandaar
ThAdmiral - ???
Desperado - ???
Reminds me:
What do people (not just KK, but KK can answer too) are the chances that at least one, if not two, of the neighborhoods are town-scum neighborhoods? I personally would say the chances are pretty good.
Oh? Are they? :)
thez wrote:
And Bacde is claiming vig with no kill on the board? I smell bullshit on that one.
He claimed to be RBed by Nacho's party.
Who uses this phrasing if they are a member of Nacho's party?
In post 3247, thezmon221 wrote: SCUM:
Haylen
ThAdmiral
Om the Destroyer
Desperado
Cephrir
Amethyst Kitty
At this point thez is pretty clearly going down. penguin_alien has disappeared compared to the original scumlist for no discernible reason. Desp, AK and myself have appeared on it, also for little discernible reason.

And now to comb through everyone else's posts.
In post 3739, Cephrir wrote:Buddy analysis, part deux

Again I'll be ignoring my overall town/scumreads to what extent I can.

CTD- Light suspicion of thezmon early D1 and (lol) said he was "clearly not scum with RR". No conclusion.
Nacho- has thez as 'strong town' early on, later votes him. Could be blue.
PV- nothing
Nero- not much interaction, but among the earliest thez voters. With RR dead, I don't think there's any chance blue would have voted him until his death became inevitable. So I'm giving Nero a free pass.
Bacde- ahahahaha no
Bulb- not much interaction
Desp- big argument with thez + myself about essentially nothing. I don't think thez would have gone this far attacking his scumbuddy.
PA- defended thez after his claim; end of 3279 sounds potentially like someone who helped thez craft his claim (doesn't see the glaring issues with it, possibly wasn't paying attention when thez botched it). Likely partner, because if you're PA, who is widely suspected and grade A useless, if you're scum with only thez, your only play is to try to save him.
Sland- Light scumread on thez eventually, suggests lynching him long before anyone else does, which I would think was possibly safe bussing except he then presents a somewhat compelling if brief argument. Good point wrt those who were on the wagon and got off, I'll keep that in mind.
Sean- nothing, shocker
ThAd- Maybe-fake rage about thez's continued survival (this is after his death is inevitable). Also that one Hanzo post. Analysis today based on the premise that scum must have bussed thezmon is kind of bluey.
Rena- fuzzy and thez has a small but pissy argument about his activity level (frustrated scumbuddy?). Rena asked someone why they were voting thez at one point and then never mentioned him again.
KK- initially hesitant about Bacde's case but ultimately becomes an early voter.
AK- has thez listed as town, but doesn't know why. Not sure I see the scum motivation is jumping on thez then immediately jumping off because they apparently needed to ask me a question.
ffull- effectively an early voter
Om- Defended thez after claim with suggestion that he should live for now. Don't like it.
AA9- suspected thez early; his explosive reaction = not scumbuddies.

Likely thezmon buddies

p_a
ThAd
Om
Nacho
Rena

Unlikely

Bacde
Desperado
KK
AA9
ffull
Nero

No conclusion

CTD
PV
Bulb
Sland
Sean
AK

Considering thezmon's posts and both of my blue lists, I conclude that the most likely blue scum are Rena, Penguin, Om, ThAd and Slandaar.
Bacde, Nero, Kublai and AA9 are pretty much clear of being blue in my book.
But I'm not completely closed to considering other possible bluescum connections if they're actually persuasive. I recognize that I can be wrong seeing as I usually am. But this also means that I'm more open to hunting redscum (which, again, I didn't really want to bend my personal efforts to yet because I'm more confident in my ability to scumhunt by association, even though I have never actually caught scum either way) as long as these two are alive and unlynched, since there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it.
In post 4128, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4127, Slandaar wrote:Lets just lynch Rena...

Rena is obviously scum 'IMMA PR YOU GUIZ LOOK I HAZ BREADCRUMBS I NO DO ANYTHING ELSE THO LOLOLOLOL'. I mean wow, 'ohhhhhh we can't lynch claimed PR gotta test da claim!' no you don't shes scum you just lynch her.

Who actually believes town has all the power claimed so far plus whatever is left? Of course noone does; Rena is scum.
In post 4084, Rena wrote:I'm not feeling an AK scum.
It seems too easy.

I could easily see Seanald as scum ie lurking through most of the days to the extent I forget he's actually playing this game, coming in to bandwagon that sort of thing.
Why isn't Sean 'too easy?'

Scum has been found.

Yep she's pretty much blatantly scum

Regardless of whether he is actually a vig Thad is obviously trolling us at this point... maybe he was only claiming vig to live another day, is scum, and knows he's dying tomorrow when no kill shows up... but that still isn't a reason to lynch him. I don't know what we should do if he won't quit trolling, like, I've never been in a situation like this before and I just don't know how to respond to it.
In post 4593, Cephrir wrote:Every opinion in Rena 1571 is exactly the majority town opinion; she's a little paranoid about the townreads that there are 1 or 2 people suspicious of; is paranoid of CTD and calls him town in the same post; doesn't want to direct the vig and is a little paranoid of CTD thereby encouraging ThAd to shoot CTD; we should wagon Desp despite him being a townread for a stupid reason (and btw it turns out most people react to pressure, not that I wasn't scumreading Desp back in the day but still); pointing out Slandaar's 'contradiction' is useless since this is multiball anyway so it can't possibly be a slip; insinuation that ThAd is only a *claimed* vig; and why the hell do you think "the scum team" is particularly powerful? (Air quotes because there are two scum teams, unless I suppose you're on one of them)
In post 4672, Cephrir wrote:Rena with the omgus of the century. Nice play!

We're letting three good lynches slip through our fingers and it is driving me up the fucking wall
In post 4722, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4681, Rena wrote:
In post 4678, Cephrir wrote:(Also, omgus can be a scumtell, depending, and in this case, with these wagons where they are, I think it is. There's also the aspect where you're scum so I tend to interpret additional actions as scum motivated)
If you're planning on fake claiming cop, it wont work. Insane cop is not a normal role.
Let me know when someone has a reason for us not lynching this on the spot
In post 4861, Cephrir wrote:4593 is a criticism of one post, but that post is pretty representative of her play. If you add "and she is doing all this constantly" to the end of the post, well, basically yes.
In post 5168, Cephrir wrote:Speaking of counterwagons, I think it speaks volumes that it's been absolutely fucking impossible to lynch Rena this game.

Scum should be chomping at the bit to lynch a claimed watcher given the chance, and they aren't.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5295 (isolation #304) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Cephrir »

@Bulb:
In post 4694, Slandaar wrote:Rena is still alive? lol. How is it possible?
In post 4669, Rena wrote: Slandaar never answered why he is contradicting his own read on me.
Hey Guys! I have read the thread now and Slandaar didn't respond to me so I am going to vote him!
In post 4631, Slandaar wrote:
In post 4571, Rena wrote: Slandaar contradicted himself in post 4444 he refers to me as the town watcher and then puts me at the top of his scumlist in post 4557. Which is it? I could definitely see Cephir as scum.
Good point, why didn't you vote me?

Oh Wait...

(It wasn't a good point I was clearly not being serious about Rena being town in 4444)
What? Where did this come from??! I swear I read the thread!!!

No! I have opinions on other things too! I just didn't mention them yet I will get right on that!
In post 4681, Rena wrote: If you're planning on fake claiming cop, it wont work. Insane cop is not a normal role.
If Ceph claimed cop guilty on me he would have a legitimate result because I am investigated as scum! But he would be fake claiming! oh definitely a fakeclaim!
Basically, Rena made that post to pre-empt what she thought was going to be a cop-with-a-guilty claim from me. Given that it would be stupid for scum to fake a guilty on D3, the only reasonable take-away from that post is that she does investigate as guilty.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5309 (isolation #305) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:58 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5308, Rena wrote:
Mastin wrote:I'll need to send out a mass-poke.
I swear to god...If I am poked one more time...

ThAd, I'm Haylen. I switched accounts over 100 pages ago.

If I'm no lynched today: hey dude, if you're a town PR who blocked me, don't do that again? x.x I'm pretty sure KK targetted ThAd anyway and thats why neither of us could action.
So you think it's more likely KK jailed Thad (despite how antitown of him that would be) because... you know Thad isn't your scumbuddy and your kill wasn't blocked?

Seriously though the assumption that town blocked you...there is no reason town would do that....
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5310 (isolation #306) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

Not to mention that isn't even how jailkeepers work
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5314 (isolation #307) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

The wiki wrote:A Jailkeeper (or Jailer)'s Night Action is one that protects its target from kills, but also Roleblocks its target. Unlike Doctor, Jailkeeper's protection extends to stopping every kill that would resolve on the target by default.
Nope.

And even if jailkeepers did what you thought, the reason jailing Thad would be antitown has exactly nothing to do with you
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5367 (isolation #308) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5366, Rena wrote:^ What he said in my defense.
CTD, is Rena paying you for acting as her defense attorney? Or is is a pro bono case?
In post 5366, Rena wrote: Hm, the only way I could see both myself and ThAd being blocked is if either both scum factions have a roleblocker or if one scum and the town have one.
Or, you know, the town jailkeeper who just flipped... (that or you're lying scum rather than truthful scum)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5373 (isolation #309) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:10 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5370, Nero Cain wrote:Cephir: you've said that Rena has been hard to lynch so she's prob scum but Bulb has been just as hard to lynch. So why are you applying that logic only to Rena?
First of all, that's only one part of a larger body of scumminess.

Secondly, Bulb wagons have at least successfully existed several times rather than usually falling apart at 2 or 3.

Third and most importantly at least to this particular point, Rena is a claimed power role, and Bulb isn't.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5374 (isolation #310) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5354, mastin2 wrote:Image
Bulbazak is at L-2!
Rena is at L-2.

One-Hundred-Thirty-Sixth Votecount
:
(Eighteenth Votecount of Day Four,
AKA, the "Important enough change to warrant a second votecount" votecount.
)

Bulbazak - 6 (Nero Cain, ThAdmiral, Seanald, CrashTextDummie, Human Destroyer, Rena)

Rena - 6 (Cephrir, Nachomamma8, ffullisade, PeregrineV, Baezu, Desperado)

Nero Cain - 1 (Bulbazak)
Seanald - 1 (penguin_alien)

Not Voting - 1 (Amethyst Kitty)

With
alive, it's
to lynch.

Day Four's deadline is Wednesday, July 31st, @ 12:30 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2013-07-31 12:30:00).

If deadline were to hit now,
Bulbazak
would be lynched.

Spoiler: Changes from last votecount
Bulbazak - 6 (Nero Cain, ThAdmiral, Seanald, CrashTextDummie,
Desperado
, Human Destroyer, Rena)
Rena - 6 (Cephrir, Nachomamma8, ffullisade, PeregrineV, Baezu,
Desperado
)
Nero Cain - 1 (Bulbazak)
Seanald - 1 (penguin_alien)

Not Voting - 1 (Amethyst Kitty)
Last votecount was page 215, post 5352.

Spoiler: Player Vote History D4
CrashTextDummie: Nero Cain->Bulbazak
Cephrir: Rena->PeregrineV->Rena
Nachomamma8: PeregrineV->Rena
PeregrineV: Nachomamma8->Cephrir->Rena
Nero Cain: Bulbazak
Bacde | Baezu: Nachomamma8->ThAdmiral | Rena
Bulbazak: Nero Cain
Desperado: Amethyst Kitty->PeregrineV->Bulbazak->Rena
penguin_alien: Rena->Unvote->Seanald
Seanald: Bulbazak
ThAdmiral: Bulbazak
Rena: Bulbazak
Amethyst Kitty:
ffullisade: PeregrineV->Rena->PeregrineV->Rena
Human Destroyer: Bulbazak->ThAdmiral->Bulbazak

Spoiler: Vote History D4
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 07:28a,
Human Destroyer
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 4831.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 10:11a,
Nero Cain
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4832.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 10:15a,
Bacde
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 4833.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 02:24p,
Bulbazak
votes
Nero Cain
in post 4836.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 02:33p,
Cephrir
votes
Rena
in post 4838.
On Thu, Jul 7/11/13 @ 02:26p,
PeregrineV
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 4867.
On Thu, Jul 7/11/13 @ 05:18p,
Nachomamma8
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4870.
On Thu, Jul 7/11/13 @ 06:04p,
CrashTextDummie
votes
Nero Cain
in post 4871.
On Fri, Jul 7/12/13 @ 08:38a,
Desperado
votes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 4879.
On Fri, Jul 7/12/13 @ 08:10p,
ThAdmiral
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4899.
On Sun, Jul 7/14/13 @ 04:25p,
Seanald
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4937.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 00:12a,
penguin_alien
votes
Rena
in post 4942.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 04:10p,
ffullisade
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4960.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 04:15p,
Cephrir
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4961.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 05:05p,
Desperado
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4965.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 07:22p,
CrashTextDummie
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4966.
On Wed, Jul 7/17/13 @ 09:30a,
penguin_alien
unvotes
Rena
in post 4998.
On Wed, Jul 7/17/13 @ 04:18p,
Desperado
unvotes
PeregrineV
and votes
Bulbazak
in post 5018.
On Thu, Jul 7/18/13 @ 09:10a,
Human Destroyer
unvotes
Bulbazak
and votes
ThAdmiral
in post 5029.
On Thu, Jul 7/18/13 @ 12:57p,
Bacde
votes
ThAdmiral
in post 5044.
On Thu, Jul 7/18/13 @ 01:20p,
ffullisade
votes
Rena
in post 5046.
On Thu, Jul 7/18/13 @ 02:41p,
PeregrineV
votes
Cephrir
in post 5051.
On Sat, Jul 7/20/13 @ 07:48a,
Human Destroyer
unvotes
ThAdmiral
and votes
Bulbazak
in post 5129.
On Sun, Jul 7/21/13 @ 00:46a,
Cephrir
votes
Rena
in post 5136.
On Mon, Jul 7/22/13 @ 11:34a,
Rena
votes
Bulbazak
in post 5142.
On Mon, Jul 7/22/13 @ 01:12p,
Nachomamma8
votes
Rena
in post 5159.
On Mon, Jul 7/22/13 @ 03:16p,
ffullisade
votes
PeregrineV
in post 5200.
On Tue, Jul 7/23/13 @ 01:31a,
penguin_alien
votes
Seanald
in post 5231.
On Tue, Jul 7/23/13 @ 02:43p,
ffullisade
votes
Rena
in post 5298.
On Thu, Jul 7/25/13 @ 01:27p,
PeregrineV
votes
Rena
in post 5349.
On Thu, Jul 7/25/13 @ 01:37p,
Baezu
votes
Rena
in post 5350.
On Thu, Jul 7/25/13 @ 03:13p,
Desperado
unvotes
Bulbazak
and votes
Rena
in post 5353.
In post 5357, Baezu wrote: VOTE: Seanald
In post 5372, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote: Am Kitty
Also guys, this shit is not cute.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5376 (isolation #311) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

So it's only scumhunting if I change my vote 7 times?

You can keep your hostility btw.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5378 (isolation #312) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

I may not be the one making the cases right now, but I've been looking at them and giving my opinions on them, and I've certainly been doing more than you. I don't really see what you're complaining about.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5403 (isolation #313) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:09 am

Post by Cephrir »

<---doesn't see how that's a lie

<---also thinks this discussion is a distraction because it isn't about lynching rena
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5442 (isolation #314) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

Because of CTD's argument, I assume?

I have to admit, he does have a point.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5448 (isolation #315) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:06 am

Post by Cephrir »

VOTE: Seanald
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5453 (isolation #316) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5449, Rena wrote:
In post 5448, Cephrir wrote:VOTE: Seanald
Why are you sheeping Nacho when you've been trying to lynch me for yonks?
Because Seanald is scum too and CTD has correctly pointed out that it's intelligent to wait a day on you regardless of your alignment.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5459 (isolation #317) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:09 am

Post by Cephrir »

I don't think you counted Baezu's unvote.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5465 (isolation #318) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

Yes, I am obviously scum afraid to bus my scumbuddy Rena, which explains why I keep pushing her. Duh.

Do I really need to ask who you're going to claim to have protected? Surely you've ever had to claim before?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5467 (isolation #319) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

Then what the hell were you talking about? You were saying people didn't want to bus, then decided which of the Rena wagoners were doing it...

Also, you didn't post your actions. Need a minute to manufacture them?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5489 (isolation #320) » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Thoughts on the flip when I have time (likely tomorrow)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5502 (isolation #321) » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

Needless to say Seanald's posts are less than a gold mine, but there is one noticeable trend...
In post 871, Seanald wrote:
In post 870, Amethyst Kitty wrote:LOL. Someone says have Seanald as a vig pick and he appears.
because im here trying to catch up in the game. So by your opinion anyone who mentions Vigging me I should just lurk that shit out right?
Actually responds when AK calls him out.
In post 879, Seanald wrote:
In post 877, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Any gut feels of reads or anything.
I feel an overwhelming compulsion to follow the flowchart.....
Responds to AK without saying anything.
In post 1045, Seanald wrote:I want to hear from Nacho before I follow the tomatos, and damn your tomatoes look good man.

also, never seen you town post this hard mala, its like not even a question.

@Mac, I'd like to know what you think of this game so far, you've been skirting this shit too long, pipe up sonny.
Calls AK clear town, which they aren't.
In post 1583, Seanald wrote:
In post 1550, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Seanald, thoughts on Cephrir? thoughts on anything really, your presence in this game is minimal and you're easy to forget, which is something I don't like.

~Mara
I agree with syrana's & your posts about him pretty much and would be willing to put a vote on him.
and I am town reading syrana usually what happens when someone makes a huge wall post like syr did, as scum it would be a shit ton of IIOA usually but I didn't really get that from syr, and he has been following up after that post, where alot of times scum will make a big post like that then try to skirt by, I feel syr is actively trying to get involved and figure shit out. He's town mon.
This seems to be where the suspicion of me originates, with AK hinting that he should suspect me.
In post 1803, Seanald wrote:
In post 1760, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:Mollie is the paranoid one on you and Bacde
mollie being paranoid = her making really shitty lynch decisions, so tell her to stop
In post 2497, Seanald wrote:I have a boner watching jiffy play. thought i'd throw that out there, i know im not the only one.
This probably isn't scum with ffullisade.
In post 3947, Seanald wrote:man you're fuckin annoying AK
In post 3948, Seanald wrote:"braces my self for the inevitable AK lash out, here we go."
Reversal in preparation to vote AK for shitty reason (as he is not capable of manufacturing an actual reason)
In post 3950, Seanald wrote:UNVOTE: ceph

yeah sorry I just can't stand cry babies.

I mean I get the feeling that what your doing now is very frustrated town flailing but, your just too annoying for me right now, if you can calm down and start doing things logically I'll probably take this vote off.
In post 4059, Seanald wrote:UNVOTE: AK

the vote wasn't personal AK, i just have a self-made zero tolerance rule for people freaking out, its just unnecessary, but you've explained your self well and back in mah town reads.
Hops on AK without saying he thinks they're scum, then hops right back off the second he gets an excuse.
In post 4937, Seanald wrote:VOTE: Bulba It's just all to incredibly forced, the walls, the buzzwords, and the painfully forced reasoning. It just isn't real it's scum.

and considering I still have a strong scum read on Cephrir, I believe cephrir was totally trying to save his buddy at the end of yesterday there, basically begging for votes to be moved off bulba.
In post 4666, Slandaar wrote:
In post 4666, Cephrir wrote:The suggestion is, then, that Bulb has scumslipped the knowledge that there aren't 4 scum neighbors out of 6 neighbors, in a normal game...
Get real.
Hi Bulbas buddy.
In post 5326, Seanald wrote:
In post 5323, Human Destroyer wrote:Serious question: How isn't Bulba hammered already?
scum buddies don wanna bus dude.
This probably isn't scum with Bulb.

Hopefully everyone else's posts will be a bit more illuminating.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5503 (isolation #322) » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1707, Bacde wrote: Seanald I appreciate the moral support but the way you are doing it looks really scummy fyi, I'm giving this to you as a gift just in case you are actually scum because I actually really enjoy your posting
In post 1735, Bacde wrote:Seanald and Fenix also have a higher than normal chance of flipping scum

but I don't wanna lynch or pressure seanald tbh I like his posts
In post 3731, Bacde wrote:VOTE: Seanald

who's down for this lynch?
In post 4100, Bacde wrote:Yeah Seanald doesn't make sense as blue unless the whole scumteam is blue, just because Nacho is the last blue
In post 4554, Bacde wrote:I could go for lynching either seanald or bulba

probably bulba has a higher chance of flipping maf though
In post 4595, Bacde wrote:
Honestly Seanald is probably scum, I was just surprised by how fast the wagon on him formed
Bacde/Baezu: I promised myself I wasn't going to quote wall in this post, but I don't think I can describe how weird this relationship is without quoting it. Constantly calling Seanald scum, but always saying he doesn't want to lynch Seanald despite that. Then suddenly tries to start a wagon on him. Almost too ridiculous to be scumbuddies. Between this and Baezu scumming up the slot though, I'm less confident in this townread than I once was.
AK: Starts out prodding Seanald to participate, continues to do so far into the game, even once they're scumreading him. They have him as a weak scumread eventually, presumably once they realize he's never going to do anything, but continue prodding him to participate. The only thing working in their favor is 3732, which isn't really how one votes for a scumbuddy. Then they back off the wagon claiming it grew too quickly (it's multiball...) immediately after asserting that the wagon analysis would be useful if Seanald flips town (a tenuous point). Then proceeds to ignore him D3/4 except to include him in a scumlist. Votes Rena but doesn't vote Seanald. Top pick for scumbuddy,
Bulb: Has Seanald as scum early, makes jabs at him regularly throughout the thread. Explanations when he gives a read on Seanald are solid. Seanald remains on his scumlist every time it is made. Pushes back on Desp when he moves away from his case. I don't see anything wrong here.
CTD: Argues with Bulb a lot with the insistence that Bulb should want to lynch Seanald but isn't pushing him too hard; CTD never really levels his own accusations in this department but lists Sean as likely scum. This would be a little weird, but it will take a lot more than that for me to suspect there are 2 redscum in the neighbors.
Desperado: Seanald's neighbor, I believe clear of being redscum via this being a Normal game.
ffull: Thinks Seanald is town because meta. Switches to Seanald yesterday with minimal warning, then explains he looks like coasting scum and they've decided the meta read is no longer good enough. Eh. Seanald's posts scored them some points, and I think they're good enough players not to act the way they did towards him if they were scum. Verdict, unlikely.
HD: Little mention of Seanald as Om. Says several times he'll compromise on Seanald but "hasn't read". Yeah, this is not fantastic, but not incriminating.
Nacho: flips back and forth on Seanald several times for various reasons, including meta, which seems to jive with ffull's reading of said meta. Changes his mind like 4 times in a reasonable progression. I don't see anything wrong here.
PA: Could hardly have pushed Seanald any harder than she did. If this is bussing it's a very good job.
PV: Votes Seanald upon replacing in. 4101 is a bit odd. Doesn't instantly not buy the doc claim the way most did. Nothing really wrong here, not a ton of interaction, and there probably aren't two redscum neighbors.
I don't feel the need to bother looking at ThAd, guy isn't redscum.

AK, Baezu and HD are my top picks for redscum independent of my actual read on them (in terms of sheer volume of association). Full reads list forthcoming.

Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5504 (isolation #323) » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:01 am

Post by Cephrir »

Town

Nacho
Desp
Bulba
ffull

Probably town

CTD

PA

Scummy

Baezu

HD

Thad

PV

AK

Admittedly my blue colorings at this point are basically "I don't think this person is red".
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5506 (isolation #324) » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:30 am

Post by Cephrir »

Mmk, you can be town, that was a good post.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5511 (isolation #325) » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I "stuck around a little too long for comfort"? I was convinced Rena and Seanald were both scum yesterday. I wanted to vote whichever of them was more likely to be lynched, initially. You had a good point about it being a good idea to leave her for a day, but in my mind lynching scum was more important than such considerations, and deadline was approaching. Then, I was the first one after Nacho to switch, so others stuck around longer than I did. Before I switched, it wasn't clear whether the Seanald wagon had enough momentum to get to a lynch.

More importantly, you should have just read my argument that AK is redscum. Do you disagree?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5517 (isolation #326) » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5516, Baezu wrote:
In post 5496, ffullisade wrote:@ thad

come here honey you are starting to worry me a bit.

also why did baezu sub in if all he is going to do is immediately go on v/la and try to lurk out the rest of the game?

no

HELL NO

y'all don't make me use the shouty font

VOTE: baezu
How am I lurking? I've posted at least daily since getting back from V/la. Also, this is Bacde's slot. If you didn't have him as scum it means I'm not scum.

sorry AM. just trying to apply pressure. You're town - you're not getting lynched

Peregrine jumping on the wagon without explanation though is superscummy.

VOTE: Peregrine
seriously what the hell is this garbage
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5540 (isolation #327) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5536, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Don't misrep me. I never said I wanted CTD lynched. if I did my vote would be on him which it isn't.

I don't see how you
aren't
following PoE and going by your own reads if you think there's still scum left over in the 'hoods.
Redscum gonna make some good points about bluescum.

Why are AK and Pere both still alive?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5544 (isolation #328) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

I don't think there was a red scum on the wagon... but that's just because I think they are within {AK, HD, Baezu} mostly-independently of wagon analysis.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5554 (isolation #329) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5357, Baezu wrote:I mostly think Thad is scum for his fakeclaim.

Nacho is scummy for trying to push lynches, like the latest one:

In post 5236, Nachomamma8 wrote:PV you wanna vote Rena?
If Rena flips town like she claimed, I'm putting my vote here tomorrow.

You know what? I've reread the last few pages and I do think rena is leaning more town for me.

I think scum is hiding in the current wagons.

Really thinking Seanald and Nacho are scum
. I'm changing my vote to:

VOTE: Seanald

because of a lot of things, not the least of which is this gem:
In post 4863, Seanald wrote:Why didn't you join any of the wagons yesterday penguin, your entire play yesterday boiled down to just posturing.
In post 5551, Baezu wrote:
In post 5500, Bulbazak wrote:AK brought up something that I forgot about.
In post 5357, Baezu wrote:
In post 5236, Nachomamma8 wrote:PV you wanna vote Rena?
If Rena flips town like she claimed, I'm putting my vote here tomorrow.

You know what? I've reread the last few pages and I do think rena is leaning more town for me.

I think scum is hiding in the current wagons.

Really thinking Seanald and Nacho are scum.
Baezu, if you are so sure that Nacho is scum, why aren't you voting him? And if you are no longer sure that Nacho is scum, what changed you mind? Also, explain the Amethyst Kitty vote.
The nacho vote was mostly as a tribute to bacde, who I know is extremely fond of nacho lynches.
I'm not convinced about nacho either way
, but from what bacde said, he can usually read nacho pretty well. I'm torn. I'd like to vote nacho based on bacde's experience with him but I can't really justify doing it because I haven't had much experience with him.

Who knows? I may get a bug later and vote for nacho anyway just to honor my predecessor - crazy game, this mafia...
You have got to be fucking kidding me.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5555 (isolation #330) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:50 am

Post by Cephrir »

What on earth could have possibly changed your scumread on Nacho to a null read in that intervening time period, and more importantly, what could have possibly retroactively changed your reason for voting?

Come on, at least try to keep your alleged suspicions straight.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5561 (isolation #331) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

"Really thinking Nacho is scum"

"Not convinced about Nacho either way"

"Would definitely wagon Nacho"

Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5609 (isolation #332) » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:30 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Still here, still want to lynch AK for reasons outlined in 5502 and 5503, which no one has really argued against, but I'd settle for PV/Thad/Baezu.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5620 (isolation #333) » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:07 am

Post by Cephrir »

I didn't realize we were at L-1 already. Intent to hammer.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5634 (isolation #334) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

If you guys actually want that case you aren't asking the right people.

If you're just trying to figure out if Baezu is scum, well, she probably is.

You're welcome.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5645 (isolation #335) » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I've been reading PV as null-scum most of the game and CTD as town the entire game, is why. Though the latter read is admittedly falling off for me.

ffull, I know about the Bacde thing, I was with you all the way. I've been calling him obvtown the whole game. But there's always room to be wrong about town reads in this game and Baezu scumming the everloving hell out of that slot needs to be taken into consideration. Bacde is the only reason I'm not voting her right now and/or sobbing about the town not being able to see blatant scum right in front of their faces, 'cause honestly I'm not sure she could possibly sound scummier.

There are not two more scum neighbors and anyone suggesting this should be shot.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5665 (isolation #336) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

My first poke D:

Need to look at those games ffery posted, will get to it soon.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5692 (isolation #337) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

In the first of those games Baezu is kind of scummy, in the second one she's pretty clearly town. In the scum game, the most noticeable distinction for me is the lazy scumhunting slash lack thereof. Still, in none of those three games was she as scummy as she's been in this one, so I don't exactly know what to make of it. She's trying harder than in that scum game, but also constantly contradicting herself and making some terrible points, which it didn't seem like was going on in any of those games (though admittedly I just iso'd her).

5685 is reminiscent of a particular post in the second town game, but first of all her meta was already brought up, and more importantly the only thing wrong with HD's argument is that there's more he could have added to it, and it deserves a better response than "lolwtf". Whereas the post she was responding to in that town game was in fact rather bad.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5705 (isolation #338) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

That really isn't suspicious at all. Do you mean to tell me that post was your one and only reason for suspecting Bacde before Baezu replaced in?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5706 (isolation #339) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

Whatever else you had can't possibly be any good if that's "the most sus post he's made thus far", so you don't even need to bother answering.

VOTE: HD
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5719 (isolation #340) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:31 am

Post by Cephrir »

There's almost certainly 1 scum among the three of you. There are between 2 and 4 scum among everyone else. If the number is 3 or 4, we're actually better off not lynching a neighbor.

If there are 2 though, we'd probably be getting the last blue scum by lynching a neighbor AND have a higher probability of hitting.

Meh.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5720 (isolation #341) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oh wait, it's a push if there are 3. Still, given that I'm reasonably certain all the scum are in pv/thad/baezu/hd/ak, I'm not that worried about it.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5723 (isolation #342) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:54 am

Post by Cephrir »

I just told you why. Because math. Although I did realize partway through that I was probably wrong and it depends on how many scum are left.

Also, the neighbor scum is probably blue and probably doesn't have a partner, so... nice try?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5736 (isolation #343) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:53 am

Post by Cephrir »

V/LA through and including the 18th. But I'll be able to check in tomorrow around (3 hours from this post) o'clock.

<<< Noted. >>>
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5762 (isolation #344) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:23 am

Post by Cephrir »

I suspect you largely due to PoE. I have a good number of town reads, AK is plainly redscum, and they need a scumbuddy. Meanwhile you haven't done anything to convince me you're town since, like, Day 1, and the neighbors aren't going to be red.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5795 (isolation #345) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

PV is scummier than the other two, but it is certainly true that setup spec incriminates CTD, and Bulb has pretty much been crushing him all day in my book. My gut preference was to not lynch a neighbor simply because I feel more confident about my non-neighbor reads, but eliminating blue is pretty tempting. So yeah, this is fine. There are so many players in this game that need lynching, getting rid of a nightkill could potentially clinch this for us.

VOTE: CTD

P-edit: Mmk this is now L-2
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6609 (isolation #346) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4269, ArcAngel9 wrote:I strongly recommend peop0le to lynch in the below order....

Cephrir
Desperado
Seanald
Bulb

I bet this will work!!!!
FYI AA9 we killed you for prety straightforward reasons^

That endgame crushed my soul to watch.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6616 (isolation #347) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:10 am

Post by Cephrir »

I could deal with someone who suspects me inthread, but you wouldn't give me a case or a reason to argue with so I had to just kill you! :P
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”