NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5200 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:16 am

Post by ffullisade »

VOTE: PeregrineV
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5201 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5199, CrashTextDummie wrote:What's your theory here exactly? Rena is a watcher who's scumbuddies with a roleblocker who targetted ThAd, and she claims to have targeted him as well with no result?
Rena's redscum and a watcher, probably NOT scumbuddies with roleblocker. She found a juicy power role to kill last night, didn't want to claim no result on someone random because that's risky, didn't want to claim actual result because that would mean that her team couldn't kill that juicy power role during the night.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5202 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:19 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Nacho, explain your Bulba town read, please. All I remember you saying is that "HE HAS BEEN TOWN ALL GAME" at the end of yesterday, and while I thought he was town in the beginning as well, a couple of things have happened in the mean time.

Also, hiding behind other people's reads on Nero is weak coming from you. I've made a post pointing out some more things that are wrong with his play, to which yet has to respond. You aren't bothered by any of it?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5203 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5199, CrashTextDummie wrote:I thought fuzzy's play was consistent with having a power role and reasonable enough for a player who seemed to be under time constraints/unable to keep up with the game.
You'll find that fuzzy's play is this regardless of his alignment.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5204 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:21 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5199, CrashTextDummie wrote:To my knowledge, Rena hasn't done anything heinous either (except under-contribute, which in her case is more likely the result of her never really getting into the game but sticking around because she drew a PR, than of her being scum, in my opinion).
You don't have a problem with her saying that she was getting suspicious of me because of the cases against me and then being completely unable to come close to summarizing any of the cases against me?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5205 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5202, CrashTextDummie wrote:Nacho, explain your Bulba town read, please. All I remember you saying is that "HE HAS BEEN TOWN ALL GAME" at the end of yesterday, and while I thought he was town in the beginning as well, a couple of things have happened in the mean time.
I've addressed some of your recent concerns. You haven't commented on that; would you like to start there?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5206 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Nacho, what made you change your mind on Rena?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5207 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:26 am

In post 5201, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 5199, CrashTextDummie wrote:What's your theory here exactly? Rena is a watcher who's scumbuddies with a roleblocker who targetted ThAd, and she claims to have targeted him as well with no result?
Rena's redscum and a watcher, probably NOT scumbuddies with roleblocker. She found a juicy power role to kill last night, didn't want to claim no result on someone random because that's risky, didn't want to claim actual result because that would mean that her team couldn't kill that juicy power role during the night.
So her scum team didn't mess with ThAd at all and she didn't actually target him (arguably the easiest target to sell as pro-town from her PoV) and catch opposite scum in the act? Risking being caught out by a tracker, etc. in the process?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5208 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:27 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 5162, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 5122, Bulbazak wrote:Since when is lurking scum more dangerous to the town than scum that makes waves? Nero can do more damage with his influence than Seanald can, because all Seanald is doing is following others and staying in the shadows. Lurking scum can be countered effectively if identified. Scum such as Nero is more difficult to take care of, because they act like an infection in the entire organism.
Posts like this are far more likely to be coming from town than scum.
Town wants to take out the big threats as opposed to the small fries usually because it's easier to have stronger conviction on active players than it is on less active players (more to go on v less to go on).
I understand when he says that he's not willing to jump back into neighborhoods again today, and I don't see the scum motivation in not wanting to jump back into neighborhoods again.
When using scum is in a certain group of players, it's pretty fucking easy to use that as extra ammunition for your scumreads (not only is X scummy, but he was on the lynchwagon yesterday!) and sort of chainlynch through the group. Bulba wanting to back away from that makes sense.
Bulba backing away from that to protect Seanald??? Doesn't really make sense. Bulba's push on Seanald, if they were scum together, shows that he doesn't give a shit about bussing him. Why does he suddenly want to protect him now? Oh wait. There isn't a real reason for that.
@ Italics: Perhaps, but I don't think Nero has nearly the amount of cache that Bulb is giving him credit for here.

@ Bold: The scum motivation for not wanting to jump back into the neighborhoods is that scumBulb can only mislynch there so many times without incriminating a teammate.

@ Underline: Yeah, it makes sense for scumBulb. Why is townBulb shying away from following through with his neighborhood spec? Why was he so gung ho to get a neighborhood flip if he was going to withdraw from that line of thought after he got it?
Summary: I had the complete opposite reaction to that post.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5209 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Desperado »

Where the hell is bacde?

<<< Prodded yesterday is where he is. >_> >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5210 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:28 am

Post by ffullisade »

In post 5204, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 5199, CrashTextDummie wrote:To my knowledge, Rena hasn't done anything heinous either (except under-contribute, which in her case is more likely the result of her never really getting into the game but sticking around because she drew a PR, than of her being scum, in my opinion).
You don't have a problem with her saying that she was getting suspicious of me because of the cases against me and then being completely unable to come close to summarizing any of the cases against me?
This was huge, CTD.

Nacho gave her 10 minutes. She replied after 9 minutes and change. It's worth quoting.
In post 5042, Nachomamma8 wrote:"that whole case made against you".
Summarize it, 10 minutes. Go.
In post 5043, Rena wrote:I can't find why people were voting you o.o I've got the buddying Bulbz (possibly) thing.

That didn't answer my question, why all of a sudden has your read on me changed?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5211 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5209, Desperado wrote:Where the hell is bacde?
In his quicktopicks, lurking it out.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5212 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:32 am

Post by Desperado »

Re: Nacho and Rena...yeah that exchange was atrocious.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5213 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:33 am

Post by Desperado »

In particular I do not see town adding "I've got the buddying Bulbs (possibly) thing" at the end.

<<< Double-post deleted. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5214 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:51 am

In post 5162, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 5122, Bulbazak wrote:Since when is lurking scum more dangerous to the town than scum that makes waves? Nero can do more damage with his influence than Seanald can, because all Seanald is doing is following others and staying in the shadows. Lurking scum can be countered effectively if identified. Scum such as Nero is more difficult to take care of, because they act like an infection in the entire organism.
Posts like this are far more likely to be coming from town than scum. Town wants to take out the big threats as opposed to the small fries usually because it's easier to have stronger conviction on active players than it is on less active players (more to go on v less to go on). I understand when he says that he's not willing to jump back into neighborhoods again today, and I don't see the scum motivation in not wanting to jump back into neighborhoods again.
When using scum is in a certain group of players, it's pretty fucking easy to use that as extra ammunition for your scumreads (not only is X scummy, but he was on the lynchwagon yesterday!) and sort of chainlynch through the group.
Bulba backing away from that to protect Seanald??? Doesn't really make sense. Bulba's push on Seanald, if they were scum together, shows that he doesn't give a shit about bussing him. Why does he suddenly want to protect him now? Oh wait. There isn't a real reason for that.
Please rephrase the underlined because I can't make sense of it.

I still disagree on the "big threat/small threat" distinction, I don't think it makes sense from a town PoV and it looks to me like a fabrication on Bulba's part to justify his inconsistent behavior. Scum is scum. You've pointed out yourself that Seanald would be easier to lynch because of strong resistance to a Nero lynch. Bulba doesn't seem interested in reaching a consensus.

I don't understand at all his unwillingness to jump back into neighborhoods today, he claims to have a strong read on Seanald independent from his neighborhood status and he's already playing the "woe is me, I'm useless and a mislynch waiting to happen" card, which makes it completely counter-intuitive for him not to try to validate his beliefs wrt to the neighborhoods. It's not like he has much to lose in his purported state of mind.

I believe that Bulba and Nero came into today with a firm plan to crossbus for town-cred. They both claimed VT and have no other real means to do so except through scum-hunting success. Voting Seanald (buddy or not) doesn't fit the narrative.

Your turn.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5215 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:54 am

In post 5187, ffullisade wrote:I see two p much mutually exclusive reasons for Peregrine to try and get votes onto Slaandar if he is scum. He could have been other-team hunting. Or he could have been protecting Bulba.
How do you make the distinction between other-team hunting and pro-town scumhunting? I agree that these are reasons he'd try to get votes onto Slandaar
if
he is scum, but you're using it as a reason to suspect
that
he is scum, which I still think only works if he's scum with Bulba.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5216 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:55 am

In post 5210, ffullisade wrote:
This was huge, CTD.

Nacho gave her 10 minutes. She replied after 9 minutes and change. It's worth quoting.
In post 5042, Nachomamma8 wrote:"that whole case made against you".
Summarize it, 10 minutes. Go.
In post 5043, Rena wrote:I can't find why people were voting you o.o I've got the buddying Bulbz (possibly) thing.

That didn't answer my question, why all of a sudden has your read on me changed?
I don't remember this, let me check it out.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5217 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:24 am

Hm. I suppose the implication here is that she's fabricating reads/inventing reasons to suspect people and I can see that. It's hard to picture this coming from a pro-town mindset and I concede that it's a point against her.

This being multiball, she shouldn't have to invent reasons to suspect people as scum. It does look like bullshitting though, and that's more likely coming from scum not giving much of a shit than from town not giving much of a shit.

Still don't think she should be lynched today, as she's keeping ThAd from being messed with either way.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5218 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:32 am

In post 5146, Nero Cain wrote:lets not lynch until I can reply to all the shit from Bulb, Despo, CTD and Rena.
Says not to lynch, but doesn't unvote.
Takes almost a week to answer questions.
Is active in other games.
Lurks unabashedly:
In post 5139, Nero Cain wrote:hehehe. 3 days and no prod. This mod team blows.
Is scum.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5219 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why would I unvote when I'm down for a bulb lynch? Its not like I care if he gets lynched before I get to the other posting I need/want to do.

Don't think I've been lurking a week and its not like I'm the only "lurker" in this game. Infact, I think I've been quite active lately. I admit that I've been rather lazy these past few days but lurking. lol

Can you quote the post where I claimed VT?

CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5220 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:18 pm

Why make that post if you don't care?

I can't quote the post where you claimed VT, because it didn't happen. I remembered two VT claims, but it was actually Slandaar and Bulba.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5221 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5208, Desperado wrote:@ Italics: Perhaps, but I don't think Nero has nearly the amount of cache that Bulb is giving him credit for here.
He doesn't. That doesn't really matter much, though.
In post 5208, Desperado wrote:@ Bold: The scum motivation for not wanting to jump back into the neighborhoods is that scumBulb can only mislynch there so many times without incriminating a teammate.
If he has a scummate in the neighborhoods, then the other team probably does there aswell. And if he's afraid of incriminating them, then I don't think he would be so ready to jump into the whole "there are scum in the neighborhoods" rant in the first place. Do you?
In post 5208, Desperado wrote:Yeah, it makes sense for scumBulb. Why is townBulb shying away from following through with his neighborhood spec? Why was he so gung ho to get a neighborhood flip if he was going to withdraw from that line of thought after he got it?
I don't think he figured he was going to withdraw from that line of thought after he got it before he started lynching.

ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5222 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 5220, Nero Cain wrote:Why would I unvote when I'm down for a bulb lynch? Its not like I care if he gets lynched before I get to the other posting I need/want to do.

Don't think I've been lurking a week and its not like I'm the only "lurker" in this game. Infact, I think I've been quite active lately. I admit that I've been rather lazy these past few days but lurking. lol

Can you quote the post where I claimed VT?
I really don't like this post.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5223 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5221, CrashTextDummie wrote:Why make that post if you don't care?
nothing will change.

I mean, I'm behind but I don't care enough if Bulb I lynched before I finish.

Why not Ffery?

<<< Double-post deleted. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5224 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by ffullisade »

Because it's weird that you apparently think whatever business you can't wrap up today can wait until day 5. And on the one hand you say you are not the only lurker in the game and on the other assert you've been quite active.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”