NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5050 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:41 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 5038, Nachomamma8 wrote:Peregrine, my original accusation on you was for "active lurking" as I know you have a tendency to do as we discovered in Dark Souls. There's the addition of that hard OMGUS (which is not a scumtell usually, but again, Dark Souls and I know you are a better player than that) where you began to suspect me immediately after I started pushing on you and not a moment before (ThAd's input on when Peregrine started pushing for me to die would be great), but in thread you started suspecting me after I started pushing you, which is pretty much a mirror to that beautiful, wonderful Dark Souls. I don't like you picking up on Bacde's push of me when it suits you because you ignored that COMPLETELY before (seriously, why are you just picking up on this now?), and I think your case on me is shallow as fuck and made more out of a place of necessity as opposed to "oh hey, Nacho is actually scum" based on it being composed of "Nacho has been useless" which is obviously wrong, sheeping off a Bacde case that you ignored before, and then a couple things from my case on you and nothing in the pages and pages I've produced before then.
I don't remember Dark Souls except it had good flavor and cool pictures, and I think I was lynched the 2nd or 3rd day.

When Bcade first mentioned it, I gave it thought, but I still liked the early wagon analysis you did.

Then, absence did not make the heart grow fonder, and frankly I'm more concerned that if you are mafia, you'll be harder to catch end game.

However, Desp's response to my case made me reread you for a third time. Now, I'll grudgingly admit your probably town, but I still don't like the lack of scumreads from you considering the number that has to be left.

And as for my n3 thoughts, this was what I thought:
Strongly leaning scum:
3. Nachomamma8
End-of-day posting looked better, sort of, but would have been nicer had Slandaar flipped scum.
And some of his behavior is unusual. I've never seen him respond with a quote of his own posts.
I can't imagine why it would be town frustration, as we have 2 dead scum by day 3, so is it fake or scum frustration?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5051 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:41 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote: Cephrir

But still good with Seanald lynch.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5052 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:42 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 5037, ffullisade wrote:
In post 5036, Nachomamma8 wrote:another one of those "everyone" projects, probably.
Good. I'm around.

- f
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5053 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:43 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Mac | thezmon221:
Red Ryu
| fuzzybutternut->
Oversoul
thezmon221

DLG | PeregrineV: ArcAngel9 | Unvote->
Oversoul
Nachomamma8->Seanald
EddieFenix:
BeautyAndTheBeast->Bulbazak->Nachomamma8->Unvote->
Oversoul
thezmon221

Thor665:
Red Ryu
->BeautyAndTheBeast->
Red Ryu
Haylen->Amethyst Kitty
Red Ryu:
Nachomamma8->penguin_alien (Baby Spice)->Nachomamma8->Desperado->
Oversoul

Syryana:
Red Ryu
->ArcAngel9->Desperado->Baby Spice->Desperado->
Oversoul

Oversoul:
Red Ryu
->Nachomamma8->fuzzybutternut->Nachomamma8->Desperado
Seanald: Nachomamma8 Cephrir->
thezmon221
Rena->Cephrir->Amethyst Kitty->Unvote
ActionDan Hanzo_5 ThAdmiral: Desperado
thezmon221
Nachomamma8->Seanald
fuzzybutternut | Haylen:
Oversoul
->Cephrir->Bulbazak->Om the Desroyer | Unvote->
Oversoul
->Unvote Bacde Bacde->Unvote
Kublai Khan:
BeautyAndTheBeast->
Red Ryu
->
Oversoul
->Baby Spice->
Oversoul
thezmon221
Bacde->Amethyst Kitty
ArcAngel9:
Red Ryu
->Desperado Desperado Cephrir->Amethyst Kitty->Desperado->Seanald

Short VCH's. Not particularly interested in scum votes or town votes, but patterns. Thez was a lurky scum slot, but his main focus was Oversoul wagon. Pretty clear opportunism, no strange bits. Not really too much to pick up on here; blatant scum votecount and no one quite looks the same. Seanald's is definitely the closest, though: when he was around, he voted on the largest wagon to hop onto me. Only irregularity in this pattern comes with Cephrir votes, which happen when they are a counterwagon to thez and a counterwagon to ThAd, but the choice of Cephrir over thez was kind of a crazy one whereas the choice of Cephrir over ThAd, AK wasn't as big of a deal because the wagons were only 3 man wagons.

Red Ryu tunneled on me and then devolved into opportunism with the penguin, desp, oversoul votes, which again reminds me more of Seanald than anyone else, but not anyone else in particular.

Peregrine's VCH looks scummy because it shows those hints of opportunism Thez showed in abundance. Peregrine's replace in Oversoul vote doesn't really look excellent, and riding the Seanald wave was pretty lazy. His vote on me was similar to Seanald's Cephrir because he didn't really hop on when it was controversial even though it was the top choice; his recent vote on me defies that, but I'm starting to think that was for meta reasons.

ThAd's VCH lacks the initial opportunism Peregrine's does, has a thez vote, shares a Seanald vote. Extremely similar, in other words.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5054 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:47 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5050, PeregrineV wrote:I don't remember Dark Souls except it had good flavor and cool pictures, and I think I was lynched the 2nd or 3rd day.
You were lynched the 2nd day. First there was a lot of active lurking, then VP called you out, then I stubbornly defended you because you got active and engaged and were attacking VPB, then we lynched you.
In post 5050, PeregrineV wrote:When Bcade first mentioned it, I gave it thought, but I still liked the early wagon analysis you did.
That still doesn't mention why you didn't bring it up before or why the early wagon analysis that I'm not really sure I ever did doesn't matter now.
In post 5050, PeregrineV wrote:However, Desp's response to my case made me reread you for a third time. Now, I'll grudgingly admit your probably town, but I still don't like the lack of scumreads from you considering the number that has to be left.
And now I'm interested in reasons.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5055 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:20 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 5054, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 5050, PeregrineV wrote:I don't remember Dark Souls except it had good flavor and cool pictures, and I think I was lynched the 2nd or 3rd day.
You were lynched the 2nd day. First there was a lot of active lurking, then VP called you out, then I stubbornly defended you because you got active and engaged and were attacking VPB, then we lynched you.
Aside from VPB, I'm pretty sure my two scummates were also leading the wagons on me both day1 and day2, iirc.
Big picturewise, at the time I was scum in 6 of my 7 games. :(

In post 5050, PeregrineV wrote:When Bcade first mentioned it, I gave it thought, but I still liked the early wagon analysis you did.
That still doesn't mention why you didn't bring it up before or why the early wagon analysis that I'm not really sure I ever did doesn't matter now.
Nothing to bring up while I was still deciding.
Your scumminess increases or decreases based on your actions and the actions of others (since if I find them more town, then others become more likely to be scum).
In post 5050, PeregrineV wrote:However, Desp's response to my case made me reread you for a third time. Now, I'll grudgingly admit your probably town, but I still don't like the lack of scumreads from you considering the number that has to be left.
And now I'm interested in reasons.
What reasons?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5056 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5055, PeregrineV wrote:What reasons?
Reasons you're reading me as town from your reread.

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5057 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:22 am

Post by mastin2 »

One-Hundred-Twenty-Sixth Votecount
:
(Eighth Votecount of Day Four,
AKA, the "I need to get on top of my game again..." votecount.
)

Bulbazak - 5 (Nero Cain, ThAdmiral, Seanald, CrashTextDummie, Desperado)

PeregrineV - 2 (Nachomamma8, Cephrir)

ThAdmiral - 2 (Human Destroyer, Bacde)
Nero Cain - 1 (Bulbazak)
Rena - 1 (ffullisade)
Cephrir - 1 (PeregrineV)

Not Voting - 3 (Rena, Amethyst Kitty, penguin_alien)

With
alive, it's
to lynch.

Day Four's deadline is Wednesday, July 31st, @ 12:30 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2013-07-31 12:30:00).

Spoiler: Changes from last votecount
Bulbazak - 5 (Nero Cain, ThAdmiral, Seanald, CrashTextDummie, Desperado)
PeregrineV - 2 (Nachomamma8,
ffullisade
, Cephrir)
Nachomamma8 - 0 (
Bacde
PeregrineV
)
Nero Cain - 1 (Bulbazak)
ThAdmiral - 2 (Human Destroyer,
Bacde
)
Rena - 1 (
ffullisade
)
Cephrir - 1 (
PeregrineV
)

Not Voting - 3 (Rena, Amethyst Kitty, penguin_alien)
Last votecount was page 202, post 5032.

Spoiler: Player Vote History D4
CrashTextDummie: Nero Cain->Bulbazak
Cephrir: Rena->PeregrineV
Nachomamma8: PeregrineV
PeregrineV: Nachomamma8->Cephrir
Nero Cain: Bulbazak
Bacde: Nachomamma8->ThAdmiral
Bulbazak: Nero Cain
Desperado: Amethyst Kitty->PeregrineV->Bulbazak
penguin_alien: Rena->Unvote
Seanald: Bulbazak
ThAdmiral: Bulbazak
Rena:
Amethyst Kitty:
ffullisade: PeregrineV->Rena
Human Destroyer: Bulbazak->ThAdmiral

Spoiler: Vote History D4
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 07:28a,
Human Destroyer
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 4831.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 10:11a,
Nero Cain
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4832.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 10:15a,
Bacde
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 4833.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 02:24p,
Bulbazak
votes
Nero Cain
in post 4836.
On Wed, Jul 7/10/13 @ 02:33p,
Cephrir
votes
Rena
in post 4838.
On Thu, Jul 7/11/13 @ 02:26p,
PeregrineV
votes
Nachomamma8
in post 4867.
On Thu, Jul 7/11/13 @ 05:18p,
Nachomamma8
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4870.
On Thu, Jul 7/11/13 @ 06:04p,
CrashTextDummie
votes
Nero Cain
in post 4871.
On Fri, Jul 7/12/13 @ 08:38a,
Desperado
votes
Amethyst Kitty
in post 4879.
On Fri, Jul 7/12/13 @ 08:10p,
ThAdmiral
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4899.
On Sun, Jul 7/14/13 @ 04:25p,
Seanald
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4937.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 00:12a,
penguin_alien
votes
Rena
in post 4942.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 04:10p,
ffullisade
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4960.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 04:15p,
Cephrir
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4961.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 05:05p,
Desperado
votes
PeregrineV
in post 4965.
On Mon, Jul 7/15/13 @ 07:22p,
CrashTextDummie
votes
Bulbazak
in post 4966.
On Wed, Jul 7/17/13 @ 09:30a,
penguin_alien
unvotes
Rena
in post 4998.
On Wed, Jul 7/17/13 @ 04:18p,
Desperado
unvotes
PeregrineV
and votes
Bulbazak
in post 5018.
On Thu, Jul 7/18/13 @ 09:10a,
Human Destroyer
unvotes
Bulbazak
and votes
ThAdmiral
in post 5029.
On Thu, Jul 7/18/13 @ 12:57p,
Bacde
votes
ThAdmiral
in post 5044.
On Thu, Jul 7/18/13 @ 01:20p,
ffullisade
votes
Rena
in post 5046.
On Thu, Jul 7/18/13 @ 02:41p,
PeregrineV
votes
Cephrir
in post 5051.
Last edited by mastin2 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5058 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:25 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 5030, Desperado wrote:
In post 5026, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 5023, Desperado wrote:
In post 4065, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 4058, Desperado wrote:I don't really care about the neighborhoods. For all I know you and Thad are scum together and are just claiming that you're a neighborhood.
:lol:

That would be the best scum play of all time.
In post 5022, ThAdmiral wrote:@ human destroyer: so you want me and peregrine lynched. Do you think that we are scum that claimed neighbor together -
therefore making us possibly the dumbest pair of scum-partners ever to play mafia?
Or do you think we are two scum from opposing factions, forced to live together in a neighborhood like the original fucking odd couple?
:igmeou:
Sarcasm
Bullshit.
Really.

Read the first post, have a look at the laughing smiley and try again.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5059 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:32 am

Post by Desperado »

I did read the first post. I was there, and I didn't take it sarcastically at the time at all.

And why would that make you dumb mafia? Has anyone indicated they'd be interested in lynching within a neighborhood that already has a scum flip from it?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5060 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:40 am

Post by Cephrir »

The location of that smiley does not imply sarcasm.

Even if you're town I think you're bullshitting this to sound better.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5061 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:09 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 5000, Nero Cain wrote:Rena
bulb
ctd
Cephir
nacho
bacde
^
the last 4 scum be in there
What happened to you thinking that scum made up 1/3rd of the playerlist?
In post 5006, CrashTextDummie wrote:The fact that he's not trying to get Seanald lynched despite having him as a scumread along with you strikes me as odd because it would give him further insight into the validity of his theory.
I was burned yesterday after being so sure that Slandaar would flip scum. I'm not too keen to stick my hand back in the fire today. Also, between the two, Nero is the more social threat, while all Seanald does is lurk, sheep, and occasionally stir the pot.
In post 5007, CrashTextDummie wrote:
In post 4848, Bulbazak wrote:2.) My reads are probably askew somewhere. I'm not sure what to think about you and Bacde anymore, especially after your posts at the end of d3. I was getting some genuine emotion from you. Same goes for HD, who, after going through his ISO, still confuses me when it comes to the intent behind his actions. AK essentially sucker punched me yesterday, so I'm not quite sure where I stand on her. I suspect that she's town, but I'm not sure whether I really care if she lives or dies at this point. I'm just going to leave her alone. Finally, Slandaar's flip has made me really paranoid about CTD. He still reads town to me, but he's not as strong of a townread as he used to be.
I still have 2 strong scum reads, which I still trust. However, if I end up being wrong about them, then town might as well put me out of my misery, because I am obviously no use to them.
Read: Bulba is bussing one or both of Nero/Seanald.
If I am constantly wrong, especially on my strongest scum reads, then I am essentially useless to the town. Add in the fact that I make a popular wagon, which can prove to be a distraction, and there is no reason why scum wouldn't want to keep me around as long as possible, which makes me a liability to the town.
In post 5011, Cephrir wrote:Nero also appears to have uncanny levels of insight into Bulba's thought process despite thinking he's scum =/
He's seen me as town before in Voided's nightless mountainous game, and has seen me latch onto somebody and not let go. I then spent some time scumhunting in the dead QT. I have no doubt he has some insight into my thought process.
In post 5012, Desperado wrote:all of Bulb's previous quotewall wars eventually ended.
That's because in previous games, new information either came up, or a strong townread had to pry me off the other person and tell me to chill for awhile.
In post 5018, Desperado wrote:
In post 5015, Bulbazak wrote:You obviously wasn't paying close attention to what I actually said. The original point was on what is perhaps Nero's scummiest post all game. In it he tries to deflect Khan's attention onto other people, even though it was later shown that Nero was incorrect in everything he asserted them to do. He then follows that up with, "Why am I not on your townlist" or in other words "Why do you not think I'm town? Give me towncred.". Nero tried, and it can be argued that he was successful, to actually divert that conversation onto other people, namely AK and Mollie, each of those circumstances being markedly different than the one we were discussing. After I pointed this out, he then proceeded to call me scummy for disagreeing with him. All this from a conversation that was originally about him trying to get the conversation moved elsewhere, something that the course of events proves he's adept at doing, and for then trying to gain towncred from it.
Don't tell me I wasn't paying attention, bulb. You've identified the exact same tell on several other people (myself included) and you were wrong about it every time. If you say Player X is scum for Y reason, and four other players are also doing Y, it is perfectly legitimate for Player X to question your inconsistency. It is not a deflection, it's a refutation of the point. Let's go back to the source shall we?

The original Nero post:
In post 2401, Nero Cain wrote: ....really all in one page right in a row, someone is scum here. I lean nacho/Cephrir most.
This, but its also likely multiball so OS could still be scum.

+ its OS and I'd love to lynch that.
Khan's question:
In post 2583, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 2401, Nero Cain wrote:its also likely multiball
How in the world can town make this assumption on Day 1?
Nero's "deflection:"
In post 2596, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2583, Kublai Khan wrote:In post 2401, Nero Cain wrote:its also likely multiball

How in the world can town make this assumption on Day 1?
Its a 24 player game an current site meta suggest more than 1 killing faction. 6 scum seems the ideal number, weather its a 5 man scum team and a sk or two 3 man scum teams.

But all of Slandaar, Bcade and Bulb have speculated that its multiball as well. Why is this a sin for me but not them?

+ why am I not on your town list?
Bulb claims that none of that was true. Let's check.
In post 1558, Bacde wrote:multiball?
^900 posts before Nero's multiball comment
In post 1878, Slandaar wrote:In post 1871, Slandaar wrote:
Well there are many explanations for this but they all conclude with; to gain what he thinks is a huge advantage.

Find him discussing that in a situation that does not involve 10 alive in an SK game as opposed to a Day start large.
He also never said it was a huge advantage for scum - he said it was dangerous for town in a SK present situation.
That's a questionable word twist on your part - clarify?

He didn't know it was an SK it was all theoretical just like this could have an SK or be Multiball etc, so your argument is what? he thinks its more beneficial in a large game where POE is useless over a game with 10 players and POE much more beneficial? (It also forced the SK if an SK into an awkward spot which I explained)
^600 posts before Nero's comment
In post 2381, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 2368, Slandaar wrote: Thors day is today
Actually, that was yesterday.
In post 2368, Slandaar wrote: Nothing anyone else will be able to use for their benefit; the way he views Mac/thez is exactly how I have. And yes that makes him town unless its multiball.
When you said that you saw something that made Nacho town unless it was multiball, I was expecting something more substantial, not "Nacho has a similar scumread as me.". That's just weak.
^20 posts before Nero's comment.

Not only is your recollection that everyone he accused was innocent completely wrong, you were directly involved in it and quoted another, AND you've forgotten who was actually involved in the deflection, substituting AK and mollie (who they did argue about, but not for another 1000 posts or so) for slandaar and bacde. For the level of investment you are appear to have in this read, I find it scummy that you've conflated so many of your arguments with Nero with one another. I don't think it was ever real.

Unvote
Vote: Bulbazak
Looking at the quotes: You're right that Bacde is speculating about multiball, but only because he thought Oversoul was scum and wanted to keep his Nacho scumread. It's mainly Bacde continuing to tunnel Nacho. Slandaar is arguing with Thor about Nacho and brings up things that Thor might not have considered. It's not really multiball speculation as Slandaar never claimed he believed it to be the case. As for me, I was asking Slandaar about a statement he made. I never state that I thought we might be in multiball.

What I'm referring to is this:
In post 2731, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2727, Slandaar wrote:Nero do you agree there is a very clear distinction between what I said and what you said?
but I don't know exactly what you said. I know that Bcade and Bulb were arguing over the number of the scum and that Bulb posted an insanely high/inflated number (7-8) and Bcade's was more reasonable.

OS, gimme me a tl;dr case on Despo?
As you can see, Slandaar was pointing out that he was doing something substantially different than Nero, and Nero had put Bacde and myself on the list because we were supposedly arguing over the number of scum. Btw, Nero's assertion about my posts was wrong, as he attributed Thezmon's posts (the magical 7-8 scum post that Nero keeps bringing up) to me, a fact he admitted to at the start of the next day phase. Essentially, he posted a "my bad" later on about everybody he accused in his post to Khan.

As for AK and Mollie, I was referring to what happened later on in my back-and-forth with Nero. Nero tried to move the focus of the conversation off of him and onto what AK, and later Mollie, did. I did my best to show the differences, and in Mollie's case, why that wasn't even the same thing (she didn't try to say, "but what about X?", since the whole thing was about Nero being possible 3rd party). As I said, it all has to do with the way things are said. Questioning criteria when asking "What about X?" is different than saying "What about X?" followed by "Why am I not a townread?". Nero's whole MO has been to shift attention off of himself and onto others, which you can say he was successful at, since he turned a whole argument about how he diverted attention away from himself into an argument about AK, then Mollie, then finally, "Why do you not think they're the same?" after having spent several day phases explaining why.
In post 5020, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 5015, Bulbazak wrote:So you're agreeing that a scum/scum neighborhood is more likely than both scum in different neighborhoods?
???

No, I haven't said that. I'm saying he had both players as scumreads.

A scum/scum neighborhood between two scum teams
is
possible though, I hadn't really thought of that.

In any case, one of them flipped town already, so that isn't even relevant.
The fact that Slandaar flipped town has no bearing on what Nero did while on the Slandaar wagon? He thought that both Slandaar
and
CTD might be scum, while pushing Slandaar. This either means that he thought they were in a scum/scum neighborhood, or that he thought CTD was scum if Slandaar flipped town. Nero is saying that he didn't think either, while still maintaining that he thought both were scum, which is contradictory.
In post 5021, Seanald wrote:desperado's last post all but sealed it for me.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5062 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:19 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 5061, Bulbazak wrote:That's because in previous games, new information either came up, or a strong townread had to pry me off the other person and tell me to chill for awhile.
I was talking about this game. Off the top of my head you've gone toe to toe with Om and myself, and both of them ended eventually.

I think I can finally articulate my main issue with Bulb's play this game. There is no initiative. All of the "on to page 201s" when he's currently on page 200 are indicative of the fact that Bulb is playing as though he's removed from the ebb and flow of the gamestate. He's not a participant, he's a third party "objectively" commenting on the events of the game in what has now amounted to real time. And it just feels fake as hell and I can't shake it.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5063 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:21 am

Post by Bulbazak »

I've just gotten consistently behind in this game, and if you haven't noticed, it moves fast. I always take it page by page when that far behind. I could give you examples from completed games, but you've read both of them.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5064 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5061, Bulbazak wrote:I was burned yesterday after being so sure that Slandaar would flip scum. I'm not too keen to stick my hand back in the fire today. Also, between the two, Nero is the more social threat, while all Seanald does is lurk, sheep, and occasionally stir the pot.
I think people are more willing to stand up for Nero than they are for Seanald, though. Does that change your mind at all?

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5065 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:26 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 5064, Nachomamma8 wrote: I think people are more willing to stand up for Nero than they are for Seanald, though. Does that change your mind at all?
I still think Nero is the more dangerous of the two, but if you can get a Seanald wagon going, I'll gladly switch. Which reminds me...

Desp, what did Seanald say to you last night to suddenly make him a town read again?

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5066 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:32 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 5063, Bulbazak wrote:I've just gotten consistently behind in this game, and if you haven't noticed, it moves fast. I always take it page by page when that far behind. I could give you examples from completed games, but you've read both of them.
Yeah, it made sense when you were like 40 pages behind. But you were still doing it even when you were only like a page behind. And you were still doing it two pages ago even though we've had two night phases since you're v/la IIRC. Surely you were caught up, and if not at a regular pace behind to where you don't need to continue the procession?

The point is that it doesn't really feel like you've ever been truly a participant. You look less and less like NY163 Bulb as the game goes on.

And I didn't see you use the "on to page XXX" gimmick in Amurika or NY 163. What games are you talking about/what did I miss?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5067 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:34 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 5065, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 5064, Nachomamma8 wrote: I think people are more willing to stand up for Nero than they are for Seanald, though. Does that change your mind at all?
I still think Nero is the more dangerous of the two, but if you can get a Seanald wagon going, I'll gladly switch. Which reminds me...

Desp, what did Seanald say to you last night to suddenly make him a town read again?
What are you talking about?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5068 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:36 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 5056, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 5055, PeregrineV wrote:What reasons?
Reasons you're reading me as town from your reread.
Suffice to say I'm not going through the effort to make a case why you are town, but some of your reactions to other players don't seem to indicate inside knowledge that I think scum would have.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5069 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:43 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 5066, Desperado wrote:
In post 5063, Bulbazak wrote:I've just gotten consistently behind in this game, and if you haven't noticed, it moves fast. I always take it page by page when that far behind. I could give you examples from completed games, but you've read both of them.
Yeah, it made sense when you were like 40 pages behind. But you were still doing it even when you were only like a page behind. And you were still doing it two pages ago even though we've had two night phases since you're v/la IIRC. Surely you were caught up, and if not at a regular pace behind to where you don't need to continue the procession?
I've had several times since the V/LA where I'll get busy or burnt out and not post anywhere on site for a couple of days. Given the pace of this game, that can be as much as 5-10 pages behind. And given that almost every page is full of complex and intricate arguments, even being behind even 3-4 pages can be a chore, especially if you're trying to respond to several of those posts. The whole reason why I do that version of catch up is so that everyone doesn't have to put up with incredibly huge walls. Those posts by themselves still end up being walls, but imagine if I didn't stop to make a new post every page or so. You'll probably be seeing more of those as the game progresses, just because of how fast it moves. Hopefully I can stay caught up on it, because my thoughts tend to be more up to date when that is the case.
In post 5066, Desperado wrote: And I didn't see you use the "on to page XXX" gimmick in Amurika or NY 163. What games are you talking about/what did I miss?
Newbie 1333 - Scum. Got behind sometime during d1.

NY 163 - Town. Fell behind at one point during d1. Took me awhile to catch back up.

And these are only the games that are finished.

P-edit: Desp, you read Seanald as scum yesterday. When this day phase started, you didn't vote him and have shown no suspicion toward him whatsoever. I take it that this means that he is a townread again? What did he say during the night phase to change your mind?

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5070 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:52 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 5069, Bulbazak wrote:I've had several times since the V/LA where I'll get busy or burnt out and not post anywhere on site for a couple of days. Given the pace of this game, that can be as much as 5-10 pages behind. And given that almost every page is full of complex and intricate arguments, even being behind even 3-4 pages can be a chore, especially if you're trying to respond to several of those posts. The whole reason why I do that version of catch up is so that everyone doesn't have to put up with incredibly huge walls. Those posts by themselves still end up being walls, but imagine if I didn't stop to make a new post every page or so. You'll probably be seeing more of those as the game progresses, just because of how fast it moves. Hopefully I can stay caught up on it, because my thoughts tend to be more up to date when that is the case.

In post 5066, Desperado wrote:
And I didn't see you use the "on to page XXX" gimmick in Amurika or NY 163. What games are you talking about/what did I miss?

Newbie 1333 - Scum. Got behind sometime during d1.

NY 163 - Town. Fell behind at one point during d1. Took me awhile to catch back up.

And these are only the games that are finished.
You aren't getting it man. There have been multiple times where you are making a post on, say, page 201 that will say at that bottom "on to page 200." This is like 100 pages after you initially got behind. And it's now become, in my eyes, and easy way for you to appear like you're contributing when the majority of the things that you say have already been covered by someone who was there when the post you're responding to was actually relevant.
In post 5069, Bulbazak wrote:P-edit: Desp, you read Seanald as scum yesterday. When this day phase started, you didn't vote him and have shown no suspicion toward him whatsoever. I take it that this means that he is a townread again? What did he say during the night phase to change your mind?
And I take it as me having other priorities. If I have to fall back on that case I feel pretty confident in my ability to see it through to completion so I'm spending my time doing other things.

Why did you phrase the question like that if you were completely making it up?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5071 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:53 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5065, Bulbazak wrote:but if you can get a Seanald wagon going, I'll gladly switch. Which reminds me...
What do you think of Rena/Peregrine?

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5072 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 5070, Desperado wrote: You aren't getting it man. There have been multiple times where you are making a post on, say, page 201 that will say at that bottom "on to page 200." This is like 100 pages after you initially got behind. And it's now become, in my eyes, and easy way for you to appear like you're contributing when the majority of the things that you say have already been covered by someone who was there when the post you're responding to was actually relevant.
I've told you why I've been making posts like that. If you want to stick your fingers in your ears and ignore what I said, that's your call. You'd be in good company.
In post 5070, Desperado wrote: Why did you phrase the question like that if you were completely making it up?
Completely making what up? I thought you had legitimately dropped your Seanald-scum read, as I had expected you to push it hard today given your zeal for it yesterday.
In post 5071, Nachomamma8 wrote: What do you think of Rena/Peregrine?
Given the Ninja flip, I see no reason to doubt Rena's claim. As for PV, I somewhat understand the case, but I don't really buy there being scum in the same neighborhood as a vig. If you can provide reasons why that would be the case in this game, I'll listen and consider your PV case, but until then, I think he's probably town.

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5073 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by Desperado »

In post 5072, Bulbazak wrote:I've told you why I've been making posts like that. If you want to stick your fingers in your ears and ignore what I said, that's your call. You'd be in good company.
You have told me. That doesn't change the fact that there's scum motivation for doing it that way.
In post 5072, Bulbazak wrote:Completely making what up? I thought you had legitimately dropped your Seanald-scum read, as I had expected you to push it hard today given your zeal for it yesterday.
You said "What did Seanald say to you last night to make him a townread today?"

^That's you making something up. Why would you ask the question like that rather than just ask me straight up what I think about him now? You brought it up in an accusatory manner like you'd caught me with my pants down, which doesn't make any sense since you think I'm town.

<<< Ah, a refreshing change of pace; been a while since I had to deleted a double-post. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #5074 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 5072, Bulbazak wrote:Given the Ninja flip, I see no reason to doubt Rena's claim. As for PV, I somewhat understand the case, but I don't really buy there being scum in the same neighborhood as a vig. If you can provide reasons why that would be the case in this game, I'll listen and consider your PV case, but until then, I think he's probably town.
Ninja means that Rena's power is more likely to be true but it has nothing to do with her alignment. It also means tracker possibility.
I talked about vig in a neighborhood with a vig a while ago. What did you think of that reasoning?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”