The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12141 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:14 am

Post by dappyscroo »

Hey guys!

Yay! I finally managed to get the forum to send me an account activation email (after many attempts) and so now I can join in the fun on here as well as in-game!

There's been a bit of discussion about Lua -- it's something that I'm getting to grips with at the moment and I'm looking at various ways of automating all sorts of things using turtles and/or computers. If you've got any particular problems or need help ironing out bugs then feel free to PM me. I work as a software engineer, using C++ mainly, and Lua is pretty new to me, so I can't guarantee that I'll be of any use, but I'll have a go!
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12155 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by dappyscroo »

We can't not have Twilight Forest -- it adds so much extra to the game and certainly isn't a 'crappy mod'. It wasn't crashing the server before so why is it suddenly crashing it now? Isn't it something else that's been added that is causing some sort of conflict?
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12166 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:56 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 12165, blake5135 wrote:woot my birthday and it snowed.
so no school <3

Happy birthday! :)
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12187 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:13 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 12176, Rhinox wrote:
In post 12175, Rhinox wrote:
In post 12173, izakthegoomba wrote:Number is random as far as I can tell, you need to check it through the CP.

Where do I go to actually check that? I can't find anything in multicraft

woot I got in

my number was 9, which maybe was just a lucky ass guess, but it was also the number at the end of the URL when I clicked on my servers: "server/view&id=9"

I first tried 10 because it was the number at the end when I clicked on profile: "user/view&id=10"

now I just need to figure out which files to backup.

Mine was 9 too! Maybe they're all 9.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12197 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:11 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 12195, izakthegoomba wrote:I has an end portal! When do we want to murder the dragon?

(the egg is MINE, btw)

I'd love to be in on the dragonicide, but I don't really feel as though I've made much headway on the being-prepared-for-a-big-fight front yet. I've been building machines and stuff, and haven't even bothered enchanting anything yet (although I am level 40-something).
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12201 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:30 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 12200, izakthegoomba wrote:872 transfers... also in 5 minutes. :?

Maybe they were smaller?! :)
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12262 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:11 am

Post by dappyscroo »

Would I be mad to think that the server might provide any sort of profiling data? Stuff like what code is executing the most and using the most CPU cycles and what code is hogging the most resources. I don't know anything about the server and the logging that's available, but it might be that there's some sort of debugging level logging available that might give some clues.* Probably not, but if there was such a thing it might help a lot in working out what is actually causing the problems rather than just guessing.** Anybody able to shed any light on this?

* If there are such logs I could volunteer to have a look to try to decipher them -- I've done a lot of similar stuff in the past.
** ... and killing most of my cows***! :(
*** Which wouldn't have been an issue at all except that I was just about to start a cow shard****. :(
**** But not a big deal really, so no problem. :)
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12270 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:34 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 12268, Maruchan wrote:PS: I need a shitton of bronza and/or iron. I'm getting rails n shit set up to connect all the land together!

I have a coke oven full of creosote you can steal and feel free to use my blast furnace as well if you need to. I'll even throw in some coal coke... Just help yourself from my chests. Actually there's o er a stack of creosote cans in one of my chests too so take that as well if you want.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12277 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by dappyscroo »

I just manually added the latest version of Twilight Forest. That seemed to work for me. Is there anything else that changed?
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12285 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:04 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 12284, Klazam wrote:MARUCHAN

UGLY IS UGLY.

MAke an effort to make things look presentable if you're building a railway

don't throw down HUNDREDS OF RAILS EVERYWHERE on dirt and call it a day.

>.<

Also: I chose the location of my base because it is ridiculously pretty, overlooking a river in an Autumn Forest biome. I haven't built anything overground yet because I want to make sure I get it right when I do build (except that I've laid out where I want to put my farms to make sure they won't ruin the view -- but I still might move them underground and replant that area with Autumn Forest trees.)

Basically what I'm saying is that a railway line is unlikely to be sympathetic to the landscape, so if you want to build one up to my place, perhaps come round the back where it borders onto a Savannah biome and leave the Autumn Forest untouched. Alternatively, just leave me out of it for now, and I'll link myself into the railway network at a later date.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12287 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:25 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 12286, izakthegoomba wrote:(or we could just use portals and save the trouble of making railways look nice...)

Railways look awesome if done well. I wish we had Traincraft in the Direwolf20 pack because the trains it adds are absolutely amazing! Proper full sized trains you can ride in! I'm just concerned about a railway cutting being carved straight through my front garden without any consultation.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12298 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:29 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 12297, Maruchan wrote:THATS how all of the railroad was going to look like. things like this, beautifully built. and then along the route to far away places he had ideas for like little abandoned mining settlements on the side of a mountain with a cart on a redpower circuit going around a loop of track back and forth.

So yes, when I made it it looked ugly, because I have 0 creative sense and everything I have ever made relatively decent in minecraft has been a copy or a collaboration of a bunch of other designs, so of course my basic concept looked ugly as fuck. I was going to get clammy to make it all look good.

It would be worth looking at the railcraft posts. They're intended for railway supports and the way they join together is pretty cool. The railcraft concrete blocks work well with the stone posts too.

http://railcraft.wikispaces.com/Wooden+ ... ructure%29
http://railcraft.wikispaces.com/Stone+P ... ructure%29
http://railcraft.wikispaces.com/Metal+P ... ructure%29
http://railcraft.wikispaces.com/Concret ... ructure%29
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12348 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 am

Post by dappyscroo »

I particularly like the guy in the background using a rowing-machine! :)
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12365 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:00 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 12356, Maruchan wrote:M RE: your PM, we need to do that asap. thermal expansion is now consistently crashing us every 1-2 minutes.

How is it thermal expansion that's causing the problems? I've been using TE heavily since day one with no problems. At the weekend I was the only one on the server for a lot of the time and using TE heavily with no lagging and no crashes at all. It's only when other people came on the server that it started to slow down and get crashy.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12369 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:42 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 12366, Maruchan wrote:
In post 12365, dappyscroo wrote:
In post 12356, Maruchan wrote:M RE: your PM, we need to do that asap. thermal expansion is now consistently crashing us every 1-2 minutes.

How is it thermal expansion that's causing the problems? I've been using TE heavily since day one with no problems. At the weekend I was the only one on the server for a lot of the time and using TE heavily with no lagging and no crashes at all. It's only when other people came on the server that it started to slow down and get crashy.

http://pastie.org/6607909

I really hate it when people who i know mean well make me feel like they're trying to kindly call me an idiot.

that pastie says its thermal expansion, and thats all there is to it.

Hey man, don't take offence because I certainly didn't mean any! Glad it's sorted now anyway.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12446 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:10 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 12444, Rhinox wrote:...

3) If I create a powerstation that produced say 50MJ/t and send it into a tesseract, what happens if the combined usage of everything running on the output tesseracts is less than 50MJ/t? will that potentially cause my pipes/engines to blow up?

Some engines throttle back their output if they're not being fully utilized. I know magmatic engines do this if they are running through redstone energy conduits. This saves the problem of them producing more MJs than are being used. If you want to get all technical later on, you can do the following:

*Run all your engines into a redstone energy cell
*Have a gate on the cell that detects when the cell is full
*When it's full turn off all the engines for a few minutes

This totally avoids overproduction of MJs from any type of engine. The control circuit you need only requires a pulse former, a state cell, a not gate and a nand gate -- I'll try to post a diagram if anyone's interested.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12450 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:20 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 12447, Maestro wrote:P-Edit: dappy, don't confuse the poor chap now. I think we're the only two on-server who EVER use Gates.

:)

Hence my comment about getting all technical! I thought it was worth pointing out that it is possible to do it properly, albeit somewhat complicatedly.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12662 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:02 am

Post by dappyscroo »

I like the new avatar Izak! :)
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #12737 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:16 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 12736, Claus wrote:Also, you can use all that spare copper to build frames, which are awesome.

And... we're back on topic! :)
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13192 (isolation #19) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:18 am

Post by dappyscroo »

Hey guys, sorry for the long absence. There've been a lot of long and rather emotionally charged posts recently, so I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

1) I stopped playing on the server because I found out about the impending changes. I didn't want my work to go to waste (again) and I've always intended to come back in force once there's a stable world to play in. I love FTB and I love SMP. I've been playing SSP (FTB Ultimate) for the last couple of months (like every night for several hours) but it's just not the same as hanging out with you gorgeous people! :)

2) I do not play with IC2 at all. I did in the first few worlds I played and then I realised that there were other, and for me at least, more interesting ways of doing things. That's just my style of playing though and I know it won't suit everyone. I love building massive and totally improbable Rube Goldberg style machines and IC2 doesn't lend itself to this. Which brings me to point three:

3) RedPower 2 is absolutely essential to my FTB experience. Most of it is extremely cool and almost impossible to do any other way. However, the redstone logic is beyond cool and totally impossible to do in any other way (well unless you want 95%, timewise and spacewise, of every build to be taken up with vanilla redstone circuits). The omission of RedPower 2 is almost a deal-breaker for me. I know Maru's made up his mind on this already, so I'm faced with a very difficult decision.

Hmm....
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13194 (isolation #20) » Sat May 18, 2013 8:44 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 13193, Maestro wrote:dappyscroo, the reason the decision was made to nix RedPower2 was not because of ANY fault in its content. The fault lies with the Mod author, who is unreliable and has not released a build for 1.5.2 at this point in time. With the timetable drawing ever nearer, and the server issues as they were/are getting worse, we can't and shouldn't wait on a single MOd to have a stable server experience. It's as simple as that.
I'm aware of Eloraam's elusiveness, but I think it's unfair the way she's being pilloried by many people. The mod is awesome, and I'm sure there will be a new release at some point when she has enough time to devote to it -- which is nobody's business but her own.

In the meantime there is a perfectly working RedPower 2 version for MC 1.4.7, so what I don't understand is why we have to go to MC 1.5.x.

However -- I've been having a think, and it looks like a combination of ComputerCraft (with MiscPeripherals) and MineFactory Reloaded will allow quite a lot of complex stuff to be done. Anyone know if computers/turtles can properly read MFR rednet cables in the way they can with RP2 bundled cables?
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13204 (isolation #21) » Sat May 18, 2013 11:27 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 13198, Klazam wrote:
cc should be able to read them, yes. I can help with the programs.
Okay... I've got a test world set up with MC 1.5.1, MFR and CC. I've plugged a rednet cable into the back of a computer and sent a redstone signal to the lime green subnet on the cable. I've run this little program which should (I think) correctly detect it if it were RP2 bundled cable:

for i = 1, 16 do
if redstone.testBundledInput("back", i) then
print(i.."true")
else
print(i.."false")
end
end

and it returns false for all of them. Have I made a stupid mistake somewhere or have I just proved that you can't read rednet cables in the same way as RP2 bundled cables?
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13205 (isolation #22) » Sat May 18, 2013 11:33 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 13204, dappyscroo wrote:
In post 13198, Klazam wrote:
cc should be able to read them, yes. I can help with the programs.
Okay... I've got a test world set up with MC 1.5.1, MFR and CC. I've plugged a rednet cable into the back of a computer and sent a redstone signal to the lime green subnet on the cable. I've run this little program which should (I think) correctly detect it if it were RP2 bundled cable:

for i = 1, 16 do
if redstone.testBundledInput("back", i) then
print(i.."true")
else
print(i.."false")
end
end

and it returns false for all of them. Have I made a stupid mistake somewhere or have I just proved that you can't read rednet cables in the same way as RP2 bundled cables?
Ah! I've just spotted that where the cable joins the computer there's a little coloured band round the cable. Clicking on it with a hammer causes it to cycle through the colours. Setting it to lime green and calling redstone.getInput("back") returns true! :)

So you can read the cable, but only one colour at a time -- oh well it's better than nothing, eh?
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13248 (isolation #23) » Mon May 20, 2013 4:39 am

Post by dappyscroo »

Two part question:

1) Is it feasible to get...
&
2) How would people feel about getting...

... TeamSpeak set up for the server?
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13282 (isolation #24) » Mon May 20, 2013 9:39 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 13274, izakthegoomba wrote:OK PEOPLE

Three potential candidates for our splash screen image. Any preference?

Spoiler: pics
Third one definitely!
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13319 (isolation #25) » Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 13315, Klazam wrote:one of the mods add petroleum, which basically can be smelted in copper ingots.
Huh?! Smelting petroleum?! Into copper?! Have I slipped through some sort of worm-hole into bizarroland? :-S
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13426 (isolation #26) » Thu May 23, 2013 3:07 am

Post by dappyscroo »

I do like the two creepers looking on in the background. :)
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13433 (isolation #27) » Thu May 23, 2013 5:16 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 13432, Rhinox wrote: ...

I move that we immediately begin to wall off the NPC village and preserve it as a historical site, or the "Old Towne" center of our new spawn city. We can build our new houses and and structures around the NPC village. That means no taking over the existing buildings and claiming them as your own. Raid the chests, sure, but keep the structures pristine. :) I think that would be kinda cool rather than just bastardizing the village.
Seconded.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13592 (isolation #28) » Mon May 27, 2013 1:23 am

Post by dappyscroo »

Regarding the difficulty level, I'd quite like it to be on hard! :) I do appreciate that others aren't quite as masochistic as me though, so I'm happy to vote for normal.

Easy, IMHO, is totally broken. What's the point of baby spiders if they don't poison you? The trick to playing on normal is to be a bit thoughtful about what you're doing, and how you're doing it. And be prepared for combat at all times! I always have a sword in position 1 and bow in position 2 on my hotbar and having played a lot of CTM, I'm very practised at switching to them in a hurry! Also, never underestimate the value of armour and keeping your hunger bar full.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13672 (isolation #29) » Wed May 29, 2013 6:19 am

Post by dappyscroo »

You haven't labelled Dappyscroo's Hole in the Ground, despite the fact that one of the proposed roads is in danger of actually covering up my entrance! I'm all in favour of being connected to the road network, provided I can actually still get in and out of my hole. :)

Going forwards, I was thinking of building on the hill on the coast just south-west of TBone's place -- unless TBone or anyone else has any objections. With that in mind, I'd be in favour of the southern most route so I can connect to it easily
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13733 (isolation #30) » Thu May 30, 2013 11:00 am

Post by dappyscroo »

I've lost everything. I must have left an engine running when I logged off because when I came back there was just a hole where it should have been. It was right next to my chests and it took all of them with it. I don't think there is a sad smiley that is sad enough to express how I'm feeling.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #13742 (isolation #31) » Thu May 30, 2013 11:44 pm

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 13741, fuzzybutternut wrote:Thanks Izak! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4BTblv99Lc

^WHY DO WE NOT HAVE THIS?!?!
Because it doesn't have darts! :)
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14101 (isolation #32) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Post by dappyscroo »

Has anyone else tried using MineFactory Reloaded's Programmable RedNet Controller? I've managed to configure it for simple tasks, but for anything non-trivial it seems to be broken and almost impossible to 'debug'. Given that this was supposed to be the great replacement for RedPower's redstone logic I'm really annoyed. I think that using computers to control things is the only way forward, but as far as I know it's impossible to get a computer to reliably poll the state of a redstone signal every tick, so certain events might be missed.

(This is the reason I haven't been on the server this week -- I've been in creative swearing at the PRC.)

:-\
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14153 (isolation #33) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:52 am

Post by dappyscroo »

I know this is just morbid curiosity on my part, but what was it that caused the problem in the first place?
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14388 (isolation #34) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:26 am

Post by dappyscroo »

HELP! I've been away for a week (lying in the sun on a beach in Mallorca!) and everything's changed. We now seem to be on MafiaCraft v.1.1.1 but when I try to connect I get a whole load of mismatched IDs. What am I doing wrong?

(sorry if this has already been answered a hundred times, but I had a quick look back over the posts and couldn't find anything relevant.)
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14484 (isolation #35) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:21 am

Post by dappyscroo »

According to Multicraft the modded server is up with no players on it. However, when I try to connect I just get a 'Can't reach server'. Can anyone else connect? Does anyone have any idea why I might not be able to?

(Before anyone asks, yes my internet connection is working fine! Also I've changed nothing since the last time I connected which was yesterday.)
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14486 (isolation #36) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:35 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 14485, fuzzybutternut wrote:192.95.15.185:25602
Use this Dappy. I couldn't connect either. :/
Thanks, that works!
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14499 (isolation #37) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:22 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 14496, Rhinox wrote:I will not consider the modpack/server successful if the world we create doesn't last a year.
Hurray!

But then:...
In post 14496, Rhinox wrote:I would hope to have Mafiacraft 2.0 submitted to FTB before next thursday, and then have a new world up and running by August 1st
Eek! Another world reset?! I've only just got to the point where I've found somewhere to call home, and started to think about building there. I've spent my time collecting resources and building a sustainable power source, and now it's all going to waste (again). Would there be anything wrong with trying to make the current world last for a year?
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14503 (isolation #38) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:50 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 14501, Rhinox wrote:Also, any comments on ditching modding altogether and just playing vanilla, which would be much more likely to be problem free and last a very long time?
If I'm playing vanilla then I'm playing CTM, or similar. I don't really want to play SMP vanilla, so I'd either find a different FTB server or play SSP FTB.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14528 (isolation #39) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:49 pm

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 14518, Rhinox wrote:How would everyone feel about a server that was trimmed down to look something like that, as a starting point?
I'd feel that the point had been missed. Playing vanilla is all about resource gathering and creating impressive looking structures. Sure, some of them can be functional, but, without the super-powers of SethBling, it's impossible to get them to do very much.

On the other hand, playing on a modded server allows you to do so much more. People can and will play as though it's just an extension of vanilla -- building impressive looking structures, but with a few extra block types and nice cosmetic tweaks -- but so much more is possible. There are fascinating synergies that exist between different mods that make it possible to build huge, complex, Rube Goldberg style machines, and if that possibility is taken away then a whole dimension will be missing.

On the list of mods to be axed are Applied Energistics, ComputerCraft and MineFactory Reloaded. These are the three mods that have made MafiaCraft 1.x worth playing for me. Without them I'm not sure I'd be able to find much that I'd want to do. Also, EE3 is something I use all the time. It may be that there are some cheaty exploits available (e.g. infinite blaze rods) but it does allow me to concentrate on making cool stuff more and resource gathering less.

So there are my views. There are other mods I'd like included and others I think should be consigned to the seventh circle of hell, but I wanted initially just to concentrate on what's most important to me. Any comments, anyone?
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14554 (isolation #40) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:25 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 14552, izakthegoomba wrote:I'd love to try mass-conquering a CTM map some time. Probably one that some of us have played before, so we can take it on quickly.
How about a whole bunch of us try to do Legendary quickly?! :\
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14555 (isolation #41) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:36 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In other news: This looks like someone invented a quarry that ignores ores and only mines stone?! :-S

Spoiler:
Last edited by dappyscroo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14557 (isolation #42) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:40 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 14556, fuzzybutternut wrote:erm. I don't think that link worked, Dappy.
Fixed it! :)
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14559 (isolation #43) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:52 am

Post by dappyscroo »

Definitely in the overworld
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14563 (isolation #44) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:59 am

Post by dappyscroo »

That's exactly where I found it. I haven't done much exploring because I've had my head in a load of machines for most of the time I've been playing. I've finally got fully automated sustainable power though (at 80MJ/t)! And I'm willing to share my secrets if anyone's interested. Viewings by appointment at Dappyscroo's Hole-In-The-Ground.

I had thought that everyone else had been running around exploring stuff though. Obviously not.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14576 (isolation #45) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:15 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 14575, izakthegoomba wrote:
In post 14573, Claus wrote:I check the thread from time to time, but I have been playing minecraft very rarely.

If you guys set up a Dragon-run, or a Mindcrack SuperHardcore style free-for-all, I would try to join (although my timezone is completely different from everyoneelse)
We tried UHC a couple of times, but it didn't really work out.
By UHC not working, what you mean is that I won and everyone else got fed up! :) Seriously though, the dragon run was really good fun, even though we cheated the last bit due to nasty-falling-off-ledge-in-the-end stuff. It would be fantastic to do it again. And I'm definitely up for some PvP games, even if they're not UHC.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14593 (isolation #46) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:58 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 14592, fuzzybutternut wrote:I don't want to know what mods you guys want. I want to know what mods you will make you guys refrain from playing.
Frankly all I'd ask for from a mod-pack (on top of the ubiquitous BuildCraft, Thermal Expansion, Forestry & RailCraft) is MineFactory Reloaded, ComputerCraft and Applied Energistics. If you're saying AE is out of the question, and with RedPower 2 no longer being an option, then intelligent inventory control and item routing falls to an unholy combination of BuildCraft, MFRL and Factorization. I'm sorry, but BuildCraft pipes suck (especially the wooden ones! :D), MFRL's strong-points lie elsewhere, and Factorization, while tantalisingly close, doesn't ultimately have the flexibility or versatility. This means that pretty much everything I'd want to do would now be either impossible or prohibitively cumbersome.

Other comments would be that I'd never play on a server with Natura, and I'd love to see Biomes O'Plenty rather than Extra Biomes XL (whose terrain gen seems to be a bit broken in the latest versions).

However, it might just be worth ignoring what I have to say. I'm unlikely to want to carry on after yet another (IMHO unnecessary) server reset, particularly since there seems to be little in the way of interest in a modded server any more -- I've been playing almost every day recently, and am almost always the only person on there. I may as well be playing SSP.

It's been nice playing with you guys, but I think this is goodbye. :'(

If I ever get round to setting up my own modded server I'll let you know in case any of you want to join me. In the meantime, do let me know if you're planning any vanilla PvP tournaments or enderdragon runs or similar as I'd love to join in.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14597 (isolation #47) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:23 am

Post by dappyscroo »

Fair enough. I wasn't aware of the problems at Clamcastle -- sounds like a pretty weird issue. However, it also sounds like AE is taking the blame for this one simply because it's been implicated in previous problems. For what it's worth, I've been doing a lot with AE, including pretty much all of the advanced stuff, and having it interact with many different mods, with no problems whatsoever.

Since we're heading for a reset anyway, would anyone mind explaining to me what happened at Maru's place in the desert? It's blown to pieces (not so weird) but there's bedrock all over the surface nearby! WTF?! :-S
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14603 (isolation #48) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:05 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 14601, Rhinox wrote:So yeah, thats where the bedrock came from.
lol :)
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14614 (isolation #49) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:24 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 14612, izakthegoomba wrote:.........

you guys realise if we had a server with a decent amount of RAM we could probably just run FTB Ultimate and everything would be fine, right?
In post 14613, fuzzybutternut wrote:The problem is affording that server. :P
An Enderman package at CreeperHost (8GB RAM 55GB HDD 5 Core virtual server with unlimited data) will cost about £45 per month (I'm sure you can work that out in USD yourselves!) and I'd be prepared to pay half of that. Anybody else interested?

Return to “The Arcade”