The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14575 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:38 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 14573, Claus wrote:I check the thread from time to time, but I have been playing minecraft very rarely.

If you guys set up a Dragon-run, or a Mindcrack SuperHardcore style free-for-all, I would try to join (although my timezone is completely different from everyoneelse)
We tried UHC a couple of times, but it didn't really work out.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14576 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:15 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 14575, izakthegoomba wrote:
In post 14573, Claus wrote:I check the thread from time to time, but I have been playing minecraft very rarely.

If you guys set up a Dragon-run, or a Mindcrack SuperHardcore style free-for-all, I would try to join (although my timezone is completely different from everyoneelse)
By UHC not working, what you mean is that I won and everyone else got fed up! :) Seriously though, the dragon run was really good fun, even though we cheated the last bit due to nasty-falling-off-ledge-in-the-end stuff. It would be fantastic to do it again. And I'm definitely up for some PvP games, even if they're not UHC.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14577 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:43 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 14576, dappyscroo wrote:
In post 14575, izakthegoomba wrote:

By UHC not working, what you mean is that I won and everyone else got fed up! :) Seriously though, the dragon run was really good fun, even though we cheated the last bit due to nasty-falling-off-ledge-in-the-end stuff. It would be fantastic to do it again. And I'm definitely up for some PvP games, even if they're not UHC.
If I remember rightly, I won when you didn't realise cave spiders were a bad idea in UHC. :P
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14578 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:51 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

I currently have 37 wither skeleton skulls on the modded server. Who wants to kill a wither or 7?
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14579 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:53 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

(I have the potential to get about 100 more by tomorrow, ftr.)
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14580 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:42 am

Post by blake5135 »

lol just do it away from the castle :3
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14581 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:14 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

nEvAr.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14582 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:00 am

Post by Rhinox »

Wither Lag castle what can go wrong amirite?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #14583 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:53 am

Post by Maestro »

do it by the Gauntlet (b")b
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #14584 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:43 am

Post by Klazam »

(b")b
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14585 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

lolol.

We need a point. I'm thinking 20,000, 20,000, tbh.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14586 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Still not white listed on the server.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14587 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Working on it Bulb. :)
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14588 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by Maestro »

which one, I asked before

and it's "Bulbazak" right?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14589 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:18 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I believe so. Try lowercase variation. I don't think that's correct, but who knows.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14590 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

And I'm in. Thanks all!

Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14591 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by Maestro »

yw
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14592 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:31 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In lieu of recent events, I felt it necessary to ask Rhinox to be co-admin with him, so that someone can and will be around at most all times for anything that needed to be done/said/etc.

He agreed, and so it was.

I don't want to know what mods you guys want. I want to know what mods you will make you guys refrain from playing.
It is likely that a map reset will happen. When I say "likely" I mean the map reset will happen, we just don't know when.

The mods that are put into the pack will be determined by Rhinox and I; however, we won't put in mods that will make people not play. I've already discussed this with some of you, but I want everyone's opinions. Either tomorrow or this weekend I will list the mods that are absolutely staying and mods that people have stated they do not want in the pack. From there, Rhinox and I will form a new modpack.

We <3 you guys and want you to all have fun, but we don't want this to die out in another month. We also want to minimize the problems to few/none, though we know that it's very unlikely no problems will occur.

I will say that, for now, Applied Energistics seems to be out of question, as does SecretRooms unless Rhinox has changed his mind on that.
I've heard that some refuse to play if IC2 is included without GregTech. I'm iffy on this myself, because Gregorius
is a pompous bastard
makes things way more complicated than they need to be.

As it stands right now, Tinkers Construct is definitely in. Twilight Forest is also in, unless anyone has qualms about that. Forestry is in, of course. We will likely be including MagicBees in as well, because it no longer requires Thaumcraft.

We will take into consideration mod requests, but do note that just because you request a mod does not mean the mod will be added.
(We will hopefully have doggy talents too, js)
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14593 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:58 am

Post by dappyscroo »

In post 14592, fuzzybutternut wrote:I don't want to know what mods you guys want. I want to know what mods you will make you guys refrain from playing.
Frankly all I'd ask for from a mod-pack (on top of the ubiquitous BuildCraft, Thermal Expansion, Forestry & RailCraft) is MineFactory Reloaded, ComputerCraft and Applied Energistics. If you're saying AE is out of the question, and with RedPower 2 no longer being an option, then intelligent inventory control and item routing falls to an unholy combination of BuildCraft, MFRL and Factorization. I'm sorry, but BuildCraft pipes suck (especially the wooden ones! :D), MFRL's strong-points lie elsewhere, and Factorization, while tantalisingly close, doesn't ultimately have the flexibility or versatility. This means that pretty much everything I'd want to do would now be either impossible or prohibitively cumbersome.

Other comments would be that I'd never play on a server with Natura, and I'd love to see Biomes O'Plenty rather than Extra Biomes XL (whose terrain gen seems to be a bit broken in the latest versions).

However, it might just be worth ignoring what I have to say. I'm unlikely to want to carry on after yet another (IMHO unnecessary) server reset, particularly since there seems to be little in the way of interest in a modded server any more -- I've been playing almost every day recently, and am almost always the only person on there. I may as well be playing SSP.

It's been nice playing with you guys, but I think this is goodbye. :'(

If I ever get round to setting up my own modded server I'll let you know in case any of you want to join me. In the meantime, do let me know if you're planning any vanilla PvP tournaments or enderdragon runs or similar as I'd love to join in.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14594 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:29 am

Post by Oso »

In post 14593, dappyscroo wrote:However, it might just be worth ignoring what I have to say. I'm unlikely to want to carry on after yet another (IMHO unnecessary) server reset, particularly since there seems to be little in the way of interest in a modded server any more -- I've been playing almost every day recently, and am almost always the only person on there. I may as well be playing SSP.
Eh, you are right in a way. I haven't been on myself right now because of the reset. Long term projects (bees mainly) that have no chance to come to fruition before the reset happens.

Most folks will be back playing after the reset, I'm thinking.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14595 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:50 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

This is all just talk atm, Dappy. We'll have immibi's micro-blocks and redlogic, which comes very close to RP2. I MIGHT be able to talk Rhinox into allowing AE; however, if we do, SecretRooms is out and vice versa. CC is definitely in. Thermal Expansion is definitely in. MFRL is definitely in. I've come to like BoP more now that i've seen it on Forgecraft and all; however, I
really
want Millenaire to be in this pack, so it's likely we'll just stick with Vanilla generation.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14596 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:11 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 14592, fuzzybutternut wrote:(We will hopefully have doggy talents too, js)
"Tested, Does not work as intended, and is VERY noninuitive. Also never got permissions" - from the mod document
In post 14593, dappyscroo wrote:However, it might just be worth ignoring what I have to say. I'm unlikely to want to carry on after yet another (IMHO unnecessary) server reset, particularly since there seems to be little in the way of interest in a modded server any more -- I've been playing almost every day recently, and am almost always the only person on there. I may as well be playing SSP.
Its not lack of interest that is the problem - at least not for everyone. It's the uncertainty because nobody knows whats going to happen and when with the server, so no one wants to do anything that is just going to get reset in a week or month or ???

Just because you haven't been seeing the problems doesn't mean problems don't exist. Take a visit to clamcastle and see what we meen. There is a 7x1 block of chunks running right down the center that as soon as you step into, you drop to 0FPS. That area was the primary base for at least 3 of the most active players on the server who can't do anything right now. Thats why you're not seeing them on. We just don't know how to fix the problem. Klaz and I went in there last weekend and basically started painstakingly (fighting through the lag) tearing all the systems apart and we couldn't find any block or system causing lag.

So basically you're not going to see a lot of activity on the server without a reset. Maybe Oso will get back on again. I'm not affected by any problems so I could get back on but not likely unless its decided that there absolutely will not be a reset. But half of the everyday active players on the server have basically lost their entire base and we don't know how to fix it. Their only option is basically to abandon everything and go start over somewhere else, but they have no guarentee that it wouldn't just happen again. So before concluding that a reset isn't necessary in your opinion, try to imagine how you would feel if your base became corrupted and you had to abandon it to restart from scratch but everyone else got to keep going with everything they've already done.

AE is being considered for removal because everytime there is a major problem AE seems to be right in the center of it. Its thought that maybe it was just a problem with secret rooms and AE not getting along and we could eliminate secret rooms instead, which no one seems to be against, but then the lag at the castle started. Klaz tried to shut down the whole AE system at clamcastle so we don't think its causing the lag, but I don't think we can say for sure that it is not AE without figuring out what it is exactly, given that AE was involved with all the other troubles there in the past. The guys at clamcastle just did a good job at mixing lots of different blocks from lots of different mods, and unfortunately this is the result. I just don't understand how the lag chunks extend so far south of the castle into the ocean in chunks that nobody has even done anything in, unless there are mines underground we couldn't find or something.

And more importantly, I'm frustrated before I even start. We can't fix the issues with the current server, and its goign to be impossible to get everyone to come to a censunsual compromise on anything that changes the status quo. I'm not even The/An admin yet. Klaz op'd me on the server, but I don't have permissions to, say, restart the server if it crashes, or add someone to the whitelist. To be fair I haven't exactly been diligent in asking for those permissions, but the point is before I'm even fully admin I'm already questioning whether this is something I can or want to do. The only way forward I can see with me as admin is a really hard decision and seems like it would piss everyone off - and that is just a clean break/new pack/reset how I want it done. Then I can take full responsibility for troubleshooting issues and fixing things if they go wrong. I don't know what else to do. I'm not going to be happy jumping into a situation where my hands are already tied before I begin. I can't fix the problems with the modpack and I'm not going to take responsibility for fixing the issues in a pack I didn't put together. I'm not going to be spending my time going around oping in stuff people lose because of the preexisting issues before I became admin. I'd feel like I'd just be cleaning up someone elses left behind garbage to be blunt. If people really want the current world/modpack to continue as is status quo, then someone willing to take on that responsibility needs to step up and be the admin.
dappyscroo
dappyscroo
Watcher
dappyscroo
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #14597 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:23 am

Post by dappyscroo »

Fair enough. I wasn't aware of the problems at Clamcastle -- sounds like a pretty weird issue. However, it also sounds like AE is taking the blame for this one simply because it's been implicated in previous problems. For what it's worth, I've been doing a lot with AE, including pretty much all of the advanced stuff, and having it interact with many different mods, with no problems whatsoever.

Since we're heading for a reset anyway, would anyone mind explaining to me what happened at Maru's place in the desert? It's blown to pieces (not so weird) but there's bedrock all over the surface nearby! WTF?! :-S
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14598 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:37 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

I miss you guys! <3

FWIW all I care about is BC and BC add ons (forestry, bees/trees, TE, pupes, etc). Tinkers obviously.

Natura, MFRL and others I dont care; it's in your capable hands.

I'm hoping you will be keeping the essentials though: NEI, voxelmap, iron chests, ender storage, chunks thing... etc.

I personally do not care too much for XBL or BOP but it really doesnt matter one way or the other for me.

I'll be back on the server soon; I've just been uber busy with work and getting things in order for school.

<3
Art is cool.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14599 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:44 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 14597, dappyscroo wrote:Fair enough. I wasn't aware of the problems at Clamcastle -- sounds like a pretty weird issue. However, it also sounds like AE is taking the blame for this one simply because it's been implicated in previous problems. For what it's worth, I've been doing a lot with AE, including pretty much all of the advanced stuff, and having it interact with many different mods, with no problems whatsoever.

Since we're heading for a reset anyway, would anyone mind explaining to me what happened at Maru's place in the desert? It's blown to pieces (not so weird) but there's bedrock all over the surface nearby! WTF?! :-S
He lit TNT in his basement (lol). As for the bedrock, I have no idea.
Probably from when he was an OP and was just derping around.

Rhino- I understand your frustration. I'm perfectly fine with a restart; however, if we do, Clammy at least deserves creative so he can build stuff. That's really the only reason he's on the server save for the community. Either way, we owe him that much.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!

Return to “The Arcade”