The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10351 (isolation #1400) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:49 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

It's totally possible client-side. Not messed with the server much but it should be doable.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10352 (isolation #1401) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:58 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Eeeeeh. Looking into it a bit more and there are some parts of Gregtech that are pretty awesome. Just a shame there's so many layers of derp on top of them.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10360 (isolation #1402) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Lightning Rod
Player detectors
Diesel Generator
Sonictron
Dragon Egg Siphon
Lapotron Pack
Rockcutter
Quantum Chest
Quantum Tank
UUM

Just from a quick look. None of them are essential, but I'd be pretty sad to see any of them go.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10370 (isolation #1403) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:56 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

List of gregtech items may be useful, especially since everything just kind of blurs together when you're playing.

In post 10362, Maestro wrote:Would you consider it to be fair that the Mod which allows for the use of those machines forces most of IndustrialCraft (which most people do know) to be worthless/unattainable?

No, and if there's really no other way to do it then I support it being removed. I just hoped we could do more to make it work first. :(
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10372 (isolation #1404) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

FTB Mafiascum Pack v1

MAKE IT A THING
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10380 (isolation #1405) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:21 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10379, T-Bone wrote:There might be a way to default the recipes to IC2 without disabling GregTech. The wiki often describes doing so.

We've done that already. The issue is that Gregtech makes titanium unobtainable. :(
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10387 (isolation #1406) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I AM THE DESTROYER OF DESERTS

HIDE YOUR CACTI

HIDE YOUR SAND

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAaaaaa
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10390 (isolation #1407) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:22 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

So you guys know about all the time you can invest in getting an AWESOME suit of armor in FTB? One that's completely godmode, no damage at all, swim in lava for hours-type armor?

And how when you've got that you don't worry about carrying all your best stuff with you because you can't possibly lose it?

And how from time to time, your armor needs recharging from an MFE/MSFU to keep it working?

And how when you take it from said machines, you put it in your inventory and don't equip it because an MFE/MSFU doesn't have armor slots?

And then how you go swimming in lava?

...yeah. Fuck.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10393 (isolation #1408) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Pretty sure there are three even in FTB, the don't necessarily have portals though.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10395 (isolation #1409) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh, you...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10402 (isolation #1410) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:24 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10399, Rob14 wrote:What adventure maps would you folks recommend for someone looking for something good to play?

What M said, adventure is a really crappy genre of map for the most part. Play survival if you really must, but CTM is where all the Fun™ is.

Vechs' Super Hostile series is probably the best series of CTM maps out there - I'd recommend starting with Spellbound Caves. It's reasonably easy and has tons of awesome loot.

Alternatively, Amlup's Uncharted Territory series is pretty good too, though I wouldn't bother with the first map.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10406 (isolation #1411) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:07 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10405, Mist7676 wrote:We should do a group Vech's map!

How do we deal with people having seen the map before? I, for one, have beaten all except ED, CC, BD2, and NR. And those are respectively out of date, out of date, still in beta, and horrendously difficult...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10413 (isolation #1412) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:17 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10410, Maruchan wrote:PS:

if minecraft (the modded server/klaz's server) goes kabloomy and stops working anytime in the next 24 hours, blame Klaz.

we're upgrading our ControlPanel License to allow for more servers to be made, and idk how it'll affect the current running services.

...should I download backups?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10415 (isolation #1413) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:34 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ah, alright.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10417 (isolation #1414) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Come to think of it we could do Spellbound Caves. Not many traps and stuff so foreknowledge isn't a massive deal, not too difficult, three intersections, and plenty of EPIK LEWT to go around. And I'd like to get into community stuff again. :]
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10434 (isolation #1415) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

RE: Group Spellbound Caves.

I don't have a server any more and Xalxe isn't around, so we'd need to get hold of a server somehow, but if we can do that I'd be happy to set everything up and organise this.

How do we want to deal with people like myself, M, and Klaz, though? I'm pretty sure we've all beaten the map already. So we could act as tour guides of a sort, or we could keep quiet and go along with whatever crazy ideas the rest of you come up with...

(also I haven't asked him but dappyscroo would probably be in for this. He''s beaten the map before but that was a loooooong time ago.)

In post 10432, Klazam wrote:APPARETENELY THERES SOMEHTING RARER THAN DIAMONDS.

Iridium. 20%chance of 1 block showing up per chunk.

And i need a load of it to get quantum armor....

Yeah. I'm pretty sure you can mass-fab it though...

In post 10428, Maestro wrote:Also, Maru/izak: I ran a server restart for the FTB because of TERRIBLE lag. Can't wait for that server upgrade...

Huh. I've not been experiencing any lag...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10436 (isolation #1416) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:28 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

:D

I think we're doing the Enderdragon on the FTB server this weekend, so maybe the Saturday after that?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10439 (isolation #1417) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:00 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Well Davroe and I found a portal, and we'll easily have enough eyes to activate it so we may as well.

Note that there are ores in the End in FTB, and the terrain isn't infinite so neither are the ores... how are we going to deal with that? First come, first served?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10441 (isolation #1418) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:06 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, as far as I can see that's the only realistic way to get decent quantities of iridium.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10444 (isolation #1419) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:09 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10442, Maestro wrote:Gives us another Dragon to kill so it's not like we aren't working for it.

Unless some FTB mod makes the dragon harder, it's still just easy XP.

In post 10443, Maestro wrote:That or UUM. :3

Yeah but that's not exactly cheap...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10446 (isolation #1420) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:16 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10445, Rob14 wrote:I'd say regen it and host an official Enderdragon run once a month. Let whoever goes on the run have first pickings of all the resources there. If you miss the run, then you can see if anything is left over on the island, barter with the people that went on the run, or wait for the next one.

Spawning in what people need should be avoided at all costs, in my opinion. It's a slippery slope.

Doing it at set intervals is probably better than just resetting whenever someone asks. Not sure if 1 month is going to work out or not though.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10448 (isolation #1421) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:21 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I'd say too short at a first guess, especially given how scarce iridium is supposed to be. But we'd have to try it and find out.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10449 (isolation #1422) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:30 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ugh. I'm trying to learn Forge modding and I managed to bork my files, anyone wanna throw me the FTB server IP and the links to those GregTech configs?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10451 (isolation #1423) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:11 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ok never mind, turns out my backup was still there after all.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10461 (isolation #1424) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:06 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I'm happy to try monthly and see how it works out if Maruchan and Maestro are ok with it. I was considering making an enderfarm on the FTB server, but really the soul cages make it pointless.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10463 (isolation #1425) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:23 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10462, Rob14 wrote:
In post 10461, izakthegoomba wrote:I'm happy to try monthly and see how it works out if Maruchan and Maestro are ok with it. I was considering making an enderfarm on the FTB server, but really the soul cages make it pointless.

Is it possible to do an endfarm and just leave the endfarm out of the regen? We'd probably have to rebuild a small part of a walkway to it each time we regen'd, but we'd have an endfarm. Alternatively, it could be jetpack-accessible only after the first regen and we could just not bother with a full walkway.

We could. I could also save it as a .schematic, insert it into an untouched end, and reload that each time. But like I said, I just don't think it's worthwhile when a good soul cage is just as good or better, and you can have it wherever you want.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10465 (isolation #1426) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:24 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I don't think we decided on a time. I'd rather it wasn't later than around 9pm UTC if possible, though.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10468 (isolation #1427) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10467, Maruchan wrote:
In post 10461, izakthegoomba wrote:I'm happy to try monthly and see how it works out if Maruchan and Maestro are ok with it. I was considering making an enderfarm on the FTB server, but really the soul cages make it pointless.

After seeing Klaz's farm, yeah. pointless.

Anyways, you all know I'll get a 64X64 quarry set up the second we finish the run piping through enderchests into my house, so its pointless to even attempt to oppress my awesomeness.

Well we could always murder you, break your enderchest, and split the loot...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10470 (isolation #1428) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:56 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10469, Chevre wrote:Speaking of which, I probably won't be on the FTB server anymore. I much prefer it being a SSP experience for me. Have fun!

:(

Even if I teleport you 1,000,000 blocks away?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10473 (isolation #1429) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:20 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Which quarry?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10497 (isolation #1430) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10493, chkflip wrote:It says I'm not white-listed. Something up?

My MC nick is the same as <-- this one.

Which server?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10514 (isolation #1431) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:56 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Added you to the whitelist for the regular server.

And yeah, your chances of setting the mods up right without the FTB launcher are close to zero. (edit: and the mod count is actually more like 61 iirc)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10516 (isolation #1432) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:02 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I'm not going to be around then, but go ahead if you want. Don't let a crazy brit get in your way. :roll:
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10525 (isolation #1433) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:38 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10523, Maestro wrote:I kid, I kid...whitelisted on the Modded Server just a second ago. Please look at the post I quoted above detailing how to access it, you cannot do so without the correct Modpack, MC Version, etc.

Welcome!

...aaaaand whitelisted on the vanilla server. Enjoy!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10530 (isolation #1434) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:56 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10528, Maruchan wrote:nobody has expressed dislike of M getting whitelist capabilities on the MS server, and as of this post i deem enough time to have reasonably passed.

as soon as i stop being lazy, he will receive access to /whitelist on the MS server.

I endorse this product and/or service.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10532 (isolation #1435) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Spacebukkit works (as far as I can tell, I haven't done a great deal with it but it lets me look around just fine and restart the thing), but the FTB one is still broken.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10538 (isolation #1436) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10535, Maestro wrote:And we can't move you unless you log on.
I can almost SEE the issue in this situation...almost...

Not true, actually. We could edit TboneIsScum.dat in /world/players and change the position float tags to a place of our choosing. Probably no more than a minute of downtime needed.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10549 (isolation #1437) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:31 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10545, fuzzybutternut wrote:DO NOT. AND I REPEAT. DO NOT EVER SHOOT A PORTAL TO THE MOON. YOU WILL DIE AND SO WILL YOUR PORTAL GUN.

Welp. I did say to be careful.

Anyway, 3-0.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10587 (isolation #1438) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:30 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I restarted it, try again now. That fixed it last time.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10589 (isolation #1439) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:32 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

...ack?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10591 (isolation #1440) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:02 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Shouldn't they all die really really fast now you've turned it off?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10606 (isolation #1441) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:53 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I'm in favour of outlawing world anchors in favour of chunk loaders.

Also tier-5 blaze cage IS going to cause lag no matter what because there's no fast way of killing them. Something affected by fall damage would be nowhere near as laggy, and would almost certainly work faster too.

In post 10599, Vortex wrote:Can someone add me to the vanilla server please? Minecraft username is highly_poofable.
Been reading the thread for a while, but only recently got the game.

Added. Welcome aboard!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10610 (isolation #1442) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:38 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10608, Vortex wrote:Thanks! Which is the shortest way to unclaimed land?

You can find free building space just by going a thousand blocks in any direction, but if you want fresh, unspoiled land SW or NW is probably your best choice. SW is less explored but is mostly ocean, NW is much more explored but there's plenty of land and not much of it is built on.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10613 (isolation #1443) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:44 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10612, Chevre wrote:From the dynmap, the area around x0,z0 looks to be untouched forest, but I have no idea what it looks like underground.

It's colonised. Leave it at that.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10630 (isolation #1444) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:34 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Not mine either, I cleaned up my portals.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10645 (isolation #1445) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Chunk loaders are coded better, and much more customizable. And I believe they have a limit on the total number of chunks non-op players can load.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10647 (isolation #1446) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:23 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Not to see the boundaries as such, but you can use F3. Here's a sample:

x: 20.13954 (20) // c: 2 (4)

"x: ##.#####" (##)" (or with a y at the start) is the normal coordinate, with and without decimals. Ignore it.

"c: # (#)" is the chunk number on the axle in question. You can see this change as you cross a boundary. The number in the parenthesis is the coordinate
within
the chunk from 0 to 15, which makes it a bit easier to figure out where the corners are.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10649 (isolation #1447) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:59 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I thought it was just world anchors that were banned?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10652 (isolation #1448) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:53 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Psst. The little floating spinning orb is the ender pearl you use to craft it. :P
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10666 (isolation #1449) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

First instinct is that I'd be against switching, but I haven't looked at compact solars yet. If that's a viable replacement for advanced solar panels I may change my mind. Though I'm also quite partial to advanced machines...

But if we do change, we should probably start over again.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10668 (isolation #1450) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

IF (big IF) it turns out the new mods are good enough to justify kicking machines and solars, I like the keep-a-hotbar-of-stuff idea.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10670 (isolation #1451) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

...meh. Compact Solars feels like Advanced Solar Panels, but dumbed down. MUCH cheaper, doesn't need UUM, no internal storage...

PEdit: GODDAMMIT MARU I NEED MY BEAUTY SLEEP AND YOU'RE GIVING ME MORE TO READ ABOUT D:
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10675 (isolation #1452) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

also fucking useless for absolutely anything else
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10680 (isolation #1453) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I am completely fucking lost now. And slightly sleep-deprived. And completely lacking any desire to figure out what you're talking about. G'night.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10724 (isolation #1454) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

A few things:

-Ultimate Solar Helmet is from GraviSuite, not Advanced Solars
-Compact Solars isn't really that bad actually, I wouldn't mind it
-Mystcraft is amazingly awesome
-Advanced Machines isn't nearly as awesome as I though (mostly it juts adds the same stuff as Compact Solars :S)

So yeah, I think I'm in favour of a switch now. Still also in favour of a brand new world, but some kind of starter kit would be nice. M, PM me about what you had in mind?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10727 (isolation #1455) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Nothing personal but I'm not getting into big games again right now...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10730 (isolation #1456) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Also EE3 is pretty cool. Probablya bit overpowered but you kind of forgive it once you're actually using it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10734 (isolation #1457) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, well that kind of thing takes a crapton of resources. But I'm working on it. :]

In post 10732, Maruchan wrote:
In post 10718, Maestro wrote:Hmmm...interesting...looking into Mystcraft now.
I'm seriously considering just going for the Modpack kit option, izak and I will talk about this. Maybe a QT is in order?

Also, Maru, spoil that gargantuan img up thar. Did you make that? I'm impressed.

private modpack doesnt work

dont even consider it.

What doesn't work?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10741 (isolation #1458) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:36 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Well, yes. From what I gathered the two options being considered are starting completely fresh, and everyone getting an identical starter kit, the contents of which would be decided by myself and M (and Maru?)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10759 (isolation #1459) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:10 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I think it wouldn't be unreasonable for us to create a twilight portal at spawn. Then you can go your own way within Twilight.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10796 (isolation #1460) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:50 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Aww hell, not this again. I NEED TO SLEEP GUIZ DAMMIT

SERIOUSLY

I need to be in Cambridge at like 9 am tomorrow...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10800 (isolation #1461) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Also Dispensers are now AWESOME, and bone meal is near-worthless unless you have a crazy amount of it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10807 (isolation #1462) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Problem is those are meant to be endgame-level stuff. Having them at the start makes no sense.

I've just sent M and Maru and suggestion for a starter kit, the idea being that it gives a small leg-up on most of the individual mods and the modpack as a whole and encourages exploring the various different mods, without being overpowered in any one area.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10810 (isolation #1463) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:00 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10809, Rob14 wrote:Also, new seed. Don't use the same seed when creating the new mod server

The seed will most likely be (pseudo-)random. I think it uses the system unix time.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10813 (isolation #1464) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:53 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

The FTB server. We're switching to a new modpack. Though I still think a new world for the vanilla one will become necessary t the next major worldgen update (probably 1.7).
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10816 (isolation #1465) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:13 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10814, Maruchan wrote:
In post 10809, Rob14 wrote:Also, new seed. Don't use the same seed when creating the new mod server

In post 10810, izakthegoomba wrote:

The seed will most likely be (pseudo-)random. I think it uses the system unix time.

same seed, different mods = different overall world

Not necessarily. IIRC the only mod that effects terrain generation (i.e. not just ores/oil/whatever) is EBXL, and that's in Direwolf. So it would be pretty much the same world, just with a few small differences.
In post 10815, T-Bone wrote:I'm fine with the seed and quite like it actually.

Yes, but the point is we're starting a new world. I certainly don't want a world where some/most of us already know where a bunch of important stuff is.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10820 (isolation #1466) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:33 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Well I'm looking into seeds and the best I've currently found is one that spawns us in a plains biome with a silverwood tree and a village and a biome with giant fir trees nearby. Doesn't sound like much, but plains biomes are crazy-rare with EBXL. I'll keep looking though.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10821 (isolation #1467) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:35 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Also I'm working on a fancy command block system for automating some starter kits. Which means you won't have to either wait around for an op to get you one (if we give them on request), or risk someone stealing them (if we leave them in chests).
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10823 (isolation #1468) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:42 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Well it's not difficult to set up. We can always scrap it and just go with a random world.

That said, I don't see any real argument against it, especially since such a kit would be optional.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10825 (isolation #1469) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:51 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Well I'm completely against bringing over any endgame/high-level stuff from the existing map, both as an op and a player. I don't think I like the list I sent you earlier, M, there's some stuff that isn't really necessary, but I agree that this should have some community input if it's going to be a thing. I'll post a slightly cut-down version in a moment.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10826 (isolation #1470) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:57 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ok, how about this. Slightly tweaked from what I sent you and Maru earlier.

Vanilla - 1 Stone Sword, 1 Stone Pickaxe, 1 Stone Shovel, 1 Stone Axe, 8 Bread
CompactSolars - 1 LV Solar Array
EnderStorage - Ender Chest (all white)
IC2 - 1 Treetap, 8 Sticky Resin, 1 CF Sprayer, 64 CF Pellets (seriously, you guys will not believe how much fun those are...)
Iron Chests - 1 Diamond Chest
Mystcraft - 1 Notebook (empty), 1 Descriptive Book (empty, unused)
OmniTools - 1 OmniWrench, 1 Forge Lexicon (both for convenience and satisfaction of OCD)
Soul Shards - 1 Soul Cage
Thaumcraft3 - 2 Tables, 1 Scribing Tools
Twilight Forest - 6 Roses, 6 Flowers, 2 Water Buckets, 1 Diamond
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10836 (isolation #1471) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Well provided people aren't using (too many?) chunk loaders in different ages, Mystcraft shouldn't be a problem for CPU and RAM usage. I don't know about storage space though...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10860 (isolation #1472) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Like I said: it's optional. There will be an option to start playing without a starter kit.

But whatever, a twilight portal isn't expensive anyway. We can knock it off the list.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10863 (isolation #1473) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:03 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Rob, I completely agree with you on basically everything you said - in fact, I'd rather start with nothing. But I'm trying to strike a balance here - there's people who want to start with
Quantum
gear, for heaven's sake. What I'm suggesting is really very mild by comparison.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10868 (isolation #1474) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:16 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10866, fuzzybutternut wrote:
In post 10863, izakthegoomba wrote:Rob, I completely agree with you on basically everything you said - in fact, I'd rather start with nothing. But I'm trying to strike a balance here - there's people who want to start with
Quantum
gear, for heaven's sake. What I'm suggesting is really very mild by comparison.

I'm fine with starting with nothing. However,
I want my thaumcraft stuff.
There is no reason to hold that back to anyone who has completed it. The whole point in finding stuff and getting research is to learn about it. I already know everything about it, even the new research that was recently added. Klaz, Implosion, and I have already done all the work necessary. I honestly would be perfectly fine with just getting my wand of the thaumaturge and all my discoveries + a thaumonomicon.

And why is that any better than Klaz wanting Quantum armor and whoever it was wanting an Ultimate Solar Helmet?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10876 (isolation #1475) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:15 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Sure, so long as LWC defaults to no protection.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10887 (isolation #1476) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:29 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10878, Rob14 wrote:Here's my opinion as far as what's desirable goes.

1st: Starter kit with stone tools and food
2nd: Completely fresh
3rd: Hotbar of 2-3 items IF restrictions are in place to prevent any advanced items from being brought through (no jetpacks, no solar helmets, no quantam crap, etc. - nothing that would take you longer than 3 hours of playing from the complete start to reach, in my opinion)
4th: Starter kit with relatively advanced stuff from all mods
5th: Hotbar with no restrictions

If the 4th or 5th option happen, I'm extremely unlikely to play on the new server. I'll probably stick with the vanilla server or join a new one entirely.

Hmm. What do you think about a starter kit which is more advanced than just stone tools and food, but still only vanilla stuff? Like, iron sword/tools, bow and some arrows, a decent amount of food, some torches, leather armor, etc.?

That way it skips the usual time spent getting started up and lets you get straight into the mods, but doesn't give too much of a head start in any particular mod?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10888 (isolation #1477) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:30 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Wat. Preview edit. Y u no work?

Reading...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10891 (isolation #1478) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:10 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Maru, what are the goggles for?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10939 (isolation #1479) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:34 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

How about something like this then? Everything else seems unnecessary, since we're going to spend a good amount of time gathering resources at the beginning anyway.

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10947 (isolation #1480) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:04 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Not against an iron shovel instead of the cobble.

In post 10944, Rob14 wrote:Eh, that's easy enough to make punch a tree twice and you've got all the ingredients, and that's made easy with the axe.

This. It's not exactly difficult to make.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10949 (isolation #1481) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:20 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Then craft a bunch and put a ton in a chest at spawn. It's not hard.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10967 (isolation #1482) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:20 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10965, Maestro wrote:I nominate davroe19/fuzzybutternut as Captain.

:twisted:
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10969 (isolation #1483) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:26 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Probably not. Timezones, workload, life, etc.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10978 (isolation #1484) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

ALL GLORY TO THE CHRISTMASTOAD
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10998 (isolation #1485) » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10986, Maestro wrote:Hell, I'm fine with it. Fair point, etc.

@Maru/izak: so, on FTB, when any of the Scummer players ask us to spawn stuff in or tp them for a save, we point to this post, right?

I'm don't have a problem with this. All I spawned in on the current world was a portal gun so Klaz could clear the portals that were bugging out, and that was only temporary.

Maru, any news on when Direwolf20 v5 is going to stop being stupid?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11003 (isolation #1486) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:08 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Actually, while the max size is 64x64, that's the size of the frame. So the actual maximum digging size is 62x62.

Also hai chamber.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11005 (isolation #1487) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:11 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Huh. So do we want a fancy command block system, or are we just going to stick the crap in chests now since it's not going to be so valuable?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11007 (isolation #1488) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:17 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Well it hasn't really. Do we want to vote on it or something?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11020 (isolation #1489) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:58 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11015, Maestro wrote:
MODDED SERVER STARTER KIT:

1 Iron Sword
1 Iron Pickaxe
1 Iron Axe
1 Iron Shovel
1 Bow
32 Arrows
32 Bread
32 Torches
1 Pocket Crafting Table
1 Wand of the Apprentice
1 Notebook (Blank)
1 Batbox

Any huge issues with this, take up with me via PM.

...wait, when the hell did this happen?

(if we're giving out basic stuff from mods, I'd say we should throw in a treetap at least)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11022 (isolation #1490) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:07 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ok, fair enough. I don't really have an issue with it, some bits just seem a little random. So we stick that pastie in the config and it magics starter kits for everyone, right?

E: I could say the same about the pocket crafting table, but IDRC.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11029 (isolation #1491) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:54 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I feared as much...

Command blocks then? They work just fine and they're fairly easy to set up, but I can't get on until tomorrow morning.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11032 (isolation #1492) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

So are we going to try and play more as a community this time? I've been watching some of the Mindcrackers and I think it will be much easier if we work together, at least until we have enough resources to get set up properly.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11034 (isolation #1493) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

M's setting up spawn, and we don't have starter kits set up yet.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11081 (isolation #1494) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11079, Maestro wrote:Goddamnit Klaz, was that you?
Did you try and log in again?

P-Edit: Guess so. I just deleted your player file.

You know you can just dump him in the overworld without deleting the file, right?

In post 11080, Klazam wrote:I foresee a problem, buddy/ies

I have a portal gun already.

(Didnt loot around spawn. found it in an mystcraft age)

Good for you! I hear the moon is a nice place to visit this time of year...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11084 (isolation #1495) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:54 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

:/

Do we have the RAM upgrade yet, or is that still coming?

Also whitelisting dappyscroo on the FTB server. Some of you might know him, he played on the vanilla one for a while about a year ago, and he joined us for the Enderdragon hunt.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11088 (isolation #1496) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:04 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11087, T-Bone wrote:Yea well the FTB server is suffering from extreme game-killing and soul-crushing lag. Maybe we should open the floodgates until that issue is resolved.

Everyone back to Vanilla!

I've not had any noticeable lag. Are you sure it's not your connection? (also Mystcraft should only slow stuff down if there's people in too many different ones at the same time)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11090 (isolation #1497) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:15 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Would anyone have a problem if I re-did the spawning system? It's currently a bit inconvenient if you die without a bed set. I'd basically be compacting the system a bit, making the starter kits less abusable, and dumping players who die without a bed set directly to a rules board in/next to town.

Also making the initial teleport system fire several times could be useful to deal with situations where someone gets trapped on the spawn pad.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11098 (isolation #1498) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:33 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

So suddenly my router goes "LOLNOPE" and dies.

Might not get the kits done until tomorrow morning but I'll keep trying.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11104 (isolation #1499) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

After much tinkering, redstoning, frustration, dodgy routers, sticky left touchpad buttons, and dead budgies, we now have a super-slick command block-based spawning system with automated starter kits. Seriously, it's worth taking one even if you don't want it just to see it all cascade into your inventory... <3__<3
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11106 (isolation #1500) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Don't you already have a kit?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11108 (isolation #1501) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

If I can get FTP access I could delete unused ages too.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11128 (isolation #1502) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:04 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Goddamn LoL.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11150 (isolation #1503) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:59 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11149, fuzzybutternut wrote:
In post 11148, Mist7676 wrote:
In post 11147, Klazam wrote:in that situation, the YET was so true. I fully intend to cause server crash more than once (but not with mystcraft)

NO MORE MOB FARMS

lolwut?

Klaz made a tier 5 blaze soul cage last time...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11185 (isolation #1504) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:13 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I think Maru means renting out server space to other people for money. I could be mistaken though.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11200 (isolation #1505) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I think mine are 46 and 47. I'll keep them for now.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11202 (isolation #1506) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:34 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Maru, can you confirm that my FTP password is supposed to be the same as my multicraft password? Because it's still not working.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11205 (isolation #1507) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:26 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

No, I was using multicraft.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11210 (isolation #1508) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:03 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11209, Maruchan wrote:MYSTCRAFT AGES

46 and 47 are mine and scrappable.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11218 (isolation #1509) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:23 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, I want to keep 59.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11230 (isolation #1510) » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:50 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11229, fuzzybutternut wrote:
In post 11228, Maruchan wrote:lol. it stands for Exclusive Not OR gates.

Exclusive OR gate means when the inputs do NOT equal each other (IE: one switch up one down), they will output a one, and a NOT exclusive or means when both switches are up or down, gate is closed (pistons ON-1) and of they are oposite, then gate is open, like the nilal server

Bless you, again.

(pronounced "ekx-nor")
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11237 (isolation #1511) » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:39 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11235, Klazam wrote:well

it crashed again

IM BLAMING THAT AGE

That age being at fault is pretty much impossible. "Stable" when talking about ages refers to whether they have a large number of decay blocks, not whether they'll cause crashes. The only ages which normally crash the game are Skylands ages, because the generation is bugged, and the Hills is a cave world, not Skylands.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11240 (isolation #1512) » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

So I decided it would be a good idea to figure out what raw resources I'd need to make a single HV Solar Array, since that's how I'm planning to get most of my power in the FTB server...

Spoiler:
4096 Cobblestone
3078 Redstone Dust
2596.75 Iron Ore
2298.333 Sticky Resin
1893.5 Copper Ore
1536 Coal
1536 Sand
1024 Tin Ore
64 Wood
2.25 Gold Ore
1 Diamond

...yeah. And that's assuming you have macerators, extractors, and furnaces in place and powered to process all that stuff.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11272 (isolation #1513) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:52 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

We have backups, right?

...right?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11282 (isolation #1514) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11279, Corin wrote:It was poorly written ;w;

2 + 4*7 = ?
so that's 2 + 4 = 6 * 7 = 42

But it should have been 2 + (4 * 7) = :V

...in what number system does 2+4 equal 6*7?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11300 (isolation #1515) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:57 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

BEDMAS is bad and you should all feel bad.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11308 (isolation #1516) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

PEMDAS IS STILL DUMB
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11328 (isolation #1517) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:55 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

On that note, does anyone know where I can find documentation on RedPower? I'm trying to build a diamond factory in a creative world, but buildcraft pipes are waaaay too buggy.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11330 (isolation #1518) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:10 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I did, found nothing. The FTB wiki isn't exactly in-depth, and and I was under the impression RedPower was being/had been re-written too?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11334 (isolation #1519) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:10 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Thanks!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11347 (isolation #1520) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:32 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

25 stone blocks. And I'd say no, there's plenty you can do with a void age. The lag we're been experiencing probably has more to do with tile entities and the like than the area loaded.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11350 (isolation #1521) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:33 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11349, Klazam wrote:Ok. Absolutely perfect idea. Gauntlet 3 on FTB server.

I will build it this week then it'll be open next Sunday.

Word of caution- once you go in, you will never get out until you complete the gauntlet. (Or is this too brutal?)

Too brutal. We'll end up with a ton of people wanting to get tp'd out.

How would you go about achieving that, anyway?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11352 (isolation #1522) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:27 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

NOTHING TO SEE HERE MOVE ALONG PLEASE

*whistles innocently*
Last edited by izakthegoomba on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11354 (isolation #1523) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:29 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

'KAY
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11359 (isolation #1524) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:28 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11356, Klazam wrote:Disarming books- that's my plan

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

PANIC MODE ENGAGE
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11361 (isolation #1525) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:32 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Block IDs can be reassigned, usually through config files. But be careful what you turn the ID into, some mods use a LOT of them. Also reassign the ID for the new mod, not the old one. And keep it roughly in line with the range of the new mod.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11380 (isolation #1526) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:40 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Do you see a single capital letter in the whole of that list?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11396 (isolation #1527) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11394, Klazam wrote:I'm sure that ops can replace your stuff, because you didnt know.

In this case, yes. I doubt we'll be doing that if this happens again.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11398 (isolation #1528) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:50 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

If it's not being used for ANY other purpose I think we can consider it a public age.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11407 (isolation #1529) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Well the void technically starts at y=-1. That's where you can no longer place blocks. But you can quite happily fly around below there until you get to y=-64, where you start taking damage at a rate of 2 hearts every 0.5 seconds, ignoring all armor, enchantments, and even gamemode.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11422 (isolation #1530) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I'd be happy to donate legitimately obtained prizes for second and third place.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11425 (isolation #1531) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:14 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Pretty much what Rob said, though I think there are exceptions; for example, when Claus added Chiselled Stone Bricks as a prize for my maze on the vanilla server, they were unobtainable and purely decorative. I don't have a problem with that so long as the quantities are kept sensible.

(also obviously we should Op in Ultimate Solar Helms if someone can provide a QSuit Helm, HV Solar Array, 2 advanced circuits, an HV transformer and 2 superconductors - normally it requires an Ultimate Hybrid Solar panel, but the HV Solar Array is the closest equivalent in this modpack)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11438 (isolation #1532) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:58 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Hmm. What if other then want to buy the same block from an Op for the same price? Are they blocked from doing so because it's already being used as a prize?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11440 (isolation #1533) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:19 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Chiselled stone bricks are obtainable now, so we won't be giving any out. But in principle that's 1 stone for 1 unobtainable block, which is way too cheap.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11443 (isolation #1534) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:48 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh, ok. I think I replaced "and" with "for" in my head.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11444 (isolation #1535) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:26 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

@Klaz idk if you heard me in-game or not, but I re-uploaded your save file. You should be high up in the air somewhere near the overworld spawn.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11446 (isolation #1536) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:16 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Awesome. I'll be back on in... about an hour?

Also, turns out we don't need server downtime to upload modified player files, we just need that player to not be online.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11503 (isolation #1537) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:05 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11501, Maruchan wrote:
In post 11484, Klazam wrote:I'm unhappy. I would like to listen to a explanation from Maru to why and what he wanted to accomplish.

I was seeing how abandonded the vanilla server was. it took nearly a week for anyone to notice the main town was anything wrong, and I knew without a doubt there would be no lasting damage, I had backed up the world, and tested the commands to rollback from in game. Corin had told me the MS server was basically deserted and I didn't believe him.

Turns out it was.

This is flawed, there's nobody around spawntown because most of us are playing FTB at the moment. If you'd done this "experiment" just before we started the new FTB server, I or someone else would have noticed within a day.

Also this is a completely different reason to what corin seems to think you did it for...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11505 (isolation #1538) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:12 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I've spoken to him already.

And I saw that conversation - wasn't it you that misread it as "all the files are gone" when it was actually just "I screwed up, gotta start the transfer all over again"?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11508 (isolation #1539) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:18 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I will, but I doubt anything he says will change the fact that if I or anyone else turned spawntown into a crater we'd be banned without a second thought, regardless of whether it was a "social experiment" or not.

PEdit: well that's a different exchange to the one I was thinking of. Possibly you weren't on the server/IRC when Corin told the whole server about it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11510 (isolation #1540) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:26 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11509, Maruchan wrote:
In post 11508, izakthegoomba wrote:banned without a second thought

this can happen too.

Whoa, I'm not saying I want you to ban yourself, Maru. You're paying for the thing and even if it's community-run, that still counts for quite a lot IMO. I was just pointing out that it's pretty definitively uncool.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11523 (isolation #1541) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:28 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I don't think killing someone without permission should be grounds for a permaban personally, at least in the first instance - maybe a tempban if the intent is malicious. Perhaps if we want this server to be truly community-driven rather than admin-driven, this is something we should discuss?

In post 11521, Maruchan wrote:PS: M, if you or izak do need any guidance as to what is set up already/how to use any of it/how to do anything I did I would be more than willing to pass on the knowledge friend to friend as I have done for others in the past

The plugins are configured and there's an automatic backup system already in place, right?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11524 (isolation #1542) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:32 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11522, Klazam wrote:I made the wither combat age.

detitals forthcoming soon

Edit:

This age is epic. I will be making a public portal in a tower in the swamp somewhere for you all to fight withers in for tonight.

Its also a pretty nice mob farm too.

I'd love it if all wither combat took place there. The age is like a perfect setting for a boss fight.

BE AWARE ITS NOT A PLACE FOR THE UNPREPARED.

I can confirm that this age is made of pure awesome. Witnessed two wither fights there, got unwittingly dragged into one of them, and they were much, much more fun than any fight we've had on the vanilla server.

Worth noting: because withers are so destructive I don't think it's even worth trying to make a portal back. Bring a linking book with you!

(also klaz doesn't know how to spell combat)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11554 (isolation #1543) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:22 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

YESYESYESYESYES
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11558 (isolation #1544) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:36 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11557, Rob14 wrote:
In post 11555, Claus wrote:a pouch that can absob up to a few thousands of a single item type.

I'm going mining for a month when this update launches. See you guys later.

Can we all agree that we will be insta-updating to the next version when it comes out?

I don't see any reason not to. No Bukkit to wait for or anything and afaik it doesn't add any worldgen.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11588 (isolation #1545) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11576, Maruchan wrote:I don't know how to rob other than deleting you, you'll have to talk to izak he knows that shit.

Yeah, I can edit NBT structures and load them up again, no downtime necessary. What do you want doing?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11592 (isolation #1546) » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:57 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

FTB PEOPLES:

scroo has claimed orange-x-x enderchest combinations. Also I claimed green-x-x and Klaz claimed purple-x-x. Don't use them!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11654 (isolation #1547) » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:37 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

aaaaand they won't boot up again.

DAFUQ DID YOU DO THIS TIME
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11665 (isolation #1548) » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

@Maru

ruling on watering quarries completely (i.e. completely covering the top with water) and just leaving them like that after they're done? Also on OW quarries completely invisible from the surface and/or hidden afterwards?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11669 (isolation #1549) » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:12 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11666, Maruchan wrote:the second no, it still leaves giant gaping holes that someone tunneling or digging a basement could fall into.

the first, why is everybody so insistent upon not using a lava-free age to mine in?

What if you want the obsidian?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11684 (isolation #1550) » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11679, Maruchan wrote:
In post 11669, izakthegoomba wrote:
In post 11666, Maruchan wrote:the second no, it still leaves giant gaping holes that someone tunneling or digging a basement could fall into.

the first, why is everybody so insistent upon not using a lava-free age to mine in?

What if you want the obsidian?

talk to me and I
ll NEI you in a full diamond chest.

I'd do that myself if I wanted to cheat.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11688 (isolation #1551) » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:33 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

1 blaze rod smelts 12 items in a furnace. 1 coal coke smelts 32. Assuming turtles consume fuel at the same rate as furnaces, coke is definitely better.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11691 (isolation #1552) » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:40 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

So FTB wiped all my client data for no apparent reason and 94.23.155.227:25565, which multicraft thinks is the FTB server. Is that right/can someone give me the alternative address?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11696 (isolation #1553) » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:48 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

ITT: Gregtech still gets horribly misrepresented by just about everyone
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11700 (isolation #1554) » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I just think it doesn't entirely deserve it's reputation, considering how configurable it is. But sure, we can drop it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11784 (isolation #1555) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:46 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I'M ALLLLLLIIIIIIVVVEEE
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11791 (isolation #1556) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:55 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

You need 512 Solar Panels, 64 LVTs, 6 MVTs, and an HVT. It's kind of a big deal.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11793 (isolation #1557) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:02 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Also, resource list conveniently split by stacks and in the form people are generally likely to have stored after processing:

112s+47 Rubber
81s+9.5 Iron Ingots
64s Cobblestone
59s+11 Copper Ingots
48s+6 Redstone Dust
32s Tin Ingots
24s Coal
24s Sand
1s Wood
4.5 Gold Ingots
1 Diamond

A bit lax on the diamonds there, but it makes up for it with the rubber... :D
Last edited by izakthegoomba on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11820 (isolation #1558) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

TIL we apparently have better average internet speeds than the US.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11821 (isolation #1559) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:38 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Soemhow I ended up with two spare pairs of NanoSuit Boots, first person to tell me where to put them can have them.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11823 (isolation #1560) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:03 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Tell me where to put them.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11826 (isolation #1561) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:31 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Holy crap, almost 25Mb UPLOAD?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11837 (isolation #1562) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:52 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Maru, what permissions would be necessary? As far as I can see if we were going to use a command block system for warps permissions wouldn't be necessary at all.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11841 (isolation #1563) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:56 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

What the actual fuck is that for real?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11851 (isolation #1564) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:52 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11847, Maruchan wrote:
In post 11837, izakthegoomba wrote:Maru, what permissions would be necessary? As far as I can see if we were going to use a command block system for warps permissions wouldn't be necessary at all.

exactly.

so you need to remove the permissions already in place in a way such as to leave other teleport commands while removing the ability to /warp while also (maybe, MY IDEA AND I LIKE THIS) adding the ability to use /warp to see what warps there are (admins can already do this, players cant)

What's the point in that if our "warps" aren't actually Essentials /warp points? Is there a way to get it to list "unofficial" warps?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11863 (isolation #1565) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:42 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

He doesn't read it. I've given him permission for several ages, I assumed we'd be deleting them after the day was over?

Also M, did you get that list of rogue ages?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11877 (isolation #1566) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:46 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ok, here's my totally non-official take on what's happening with the rogue ages. Presumably when the server is shut down, the chunks thatvneed to be loaded immediately on startup must be saved to a file of some kind, OUTSIDE of the world save. When the server is started up again, there is no check for whether the loader/quarry is still there - because there's normally no reason for it not to be. The chunks are regenerated and the age continues to exist.

Assuming this is right, just deleting the ages a second time should permanently remove them.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11882 (isolation #1567) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:57 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Nor did I, but I think the chunk loader I was using for my sorting system may have covered the quarry block, loading the rest of it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11906 (isolation #1568) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:20 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

It didn't disappear, it fell on the ground. It dies after a little over 5 minutes; go pick it up!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11919 (isolation #1569) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:59 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Wait, we rolled back the overworld too? I thought it was just ages? D:
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11948 (isolation #1570) » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 11944, Maruchan wrote:whitelist

tastymurder

on vanilla server please?

Done.

In post 11940, fuzzybutternut wrote:Image

I average 3 stacks of UUM/minute with this setup. <3

Holy crap. Are those all HV? :O

And I thought I was ahead of the times with my 8-HVSA setup...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11967 (isolation #1571) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:07 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

NOT GUILTY
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11968 (isolation #1572) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:58 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ok, who borked the server? I can access the multicraft CP, but nothing beyond that.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11973 (isolation #1573) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:01 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

He sold it to me.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11979 (isolation #1574) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:54 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I also have a decent stockpile of diamonds and a few enchanted picks and stuff which you can have if you need. Just let me know and I'll drop them off somewhere.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11982 (isolation #1575) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:38 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Public service announcement: turning on Smooth Lighting (even at 1% using optifine) has instantly solved all my lighting and rendering issues with no noticeable framerate cost. Everything is suddenly beautiful now.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11984 (isolation #1576) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:03 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

The one thing you need is the one thing I don't have in abundance. D:
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11985 (isolation #1577) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:13 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Anyone know what's up with the FTB server?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11989 (isolation #1578) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:46 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Now neither the IP nor the address are working, and I still can't access the CP. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11991 (isolation #1579) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:17 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

:S

How bigtime?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11996 (isolation #1580) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

So do we have an ETA on when the server's going to be back up?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11998 (isolation #1581) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:18 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

^

Maru, could you at the very least shoot me and M a PM and say something in the IRC a few minutes before you do something significant?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12034 (isolation #1582) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:47 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

...crap. I really don't know what to say to this. I get that it's not really anyone's fault, but I'm still pissed at the amount that we've all lost. I'm going to have to go sleep on this and decide what I think about how to go on from here.

While I'm around, scroo asked me to quote this for him:

Anyway, if you want to add my voice to the discussion, you can say
that I'm really upset to have lost so much. I've been off work ill
for the past two weeks and have spent nearly every waking moment on
the server and have probably put in over 100 hours in that period
alone, let alone what I did beforehand. However, if we're going to
start again I really think we should start by punching trees. I'm
100% against any hand-outs or creative-mode rubbish. If anyone else
does that I won't -- I'll be punching trees like how it's meant to be
done.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12038 (isolation #1583) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Trouble is it wouldnvt be what people had worked towards over the past month. It would be either a) an admin-decided selection of stuff which has little or nothing to do with what they've been working on, or b) a period of time in creative mode, which is completely out of the admins' control and impossible to moniter or regulate. I would be genuinely surprised if anyone, given a period of time in creative mode, came even remotely close to replicating what they had before.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12063 (isolation #1584) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:30 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Not original, but it's been going for a while. You showed me around it when I first joined. :]

(also spawntown got a bit bigger...)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12065 (isolation #1585) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:35 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

FTB server is down for now, some files got corrupted and we're having to start over. Klaz has a temporary FTB server here: 46.105.234.4

You need to download the Feed the Beast launcher from http://feed-the-beast.com/, create a profile, and select the DireWolf20 pack. Also see this post.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12068 (isolation #1586) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:18 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Are we keeping going with this map then? I assumed it was a temporary thing to prevent violent withdrawal symptoms...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12073 (isolation #1587) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:27 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Goddammit do we REALLY need bukkit? I mean I can understand wanting teleports and stuff on the vanilla server, but it's not necessary at all on FTB. We have jetpacks and stuff. Later in the game we have mystcraft portals. Bukkit teleporting just takes all the fun out of that.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12074 (isolation #1588) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:28 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh, and ms-hosting is down again.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12079 (isolation #1589) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:48 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh, I forgot we needed bukkit for that too. In that case, can we just, like, not allow teleporting? It kind of spoils it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12085 (isolation #1590) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:32 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 12084, fuzzybutternut wrote:
In post 12079, izakthegoomba wrote:Oh, I forgot we needed bukkit for that too. In that case, can we just, like, not allow teleporting? It kind of spoils it.

we have Mystcraft for that.

...that's exactly what I just said...

I wouldn't say "don't allow it" but in this case I'd be alright with a cool down of like, 10 minutes.[/quote]
I would absolutely say don't allow it. There are better alternatives which are properly integrated and balanced; teleporting with commands when we have these options available is literally cheating.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12087 (isolation #1591) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:33 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 12083, Klazam wrote:What's going on, Maru/corin

Also, this.

Also, Maru, is it possible to isolate just the important files (i.e. NOT all the hundreds of backups and stuff that we have taking up space) and download them, either manually or automatically? Because if so I'd be more than happy to download some kind of bare minimum that we need to keep going with a map on a regular basis.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12102 (isolation #1592) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 12098, Claus wrote:BTW, we don't need bukkit for chest protection either. Besides the IC2 protected safes, a little know function of the ender chest mod is that you can click an enderchest with a diamond to make it private as well... Also many BC machines can be made semi or completely private.

Sooooo, maybe no bukkit?

So when you click it with a diamond, does it claim that combination as solely yours? Can others not create chests with the same combo? And how to you un-claim a chest?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12104 (isolation #1593) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:22 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 12008, Maruchan wrote:@Claus, Rhinox, Maestro, IzakTheGoomba, MME: I would highly suggest you all register at http://multicraft.ms-hosting.org/ (as soon as it is back up again), and them N can give all of you FTP access to the server if he so chooses to allow Claus to run his scripted backups, and rhinox his as well.

I might be being dumb, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to register? And the multicraft documentation has nothing on it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12111 (isolation #1594) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:50 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I registered. Where did all the other servers go? :/
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12115 (isolation #1595) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:11 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, I hate Lua too. :(
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12173 (isolation #1596) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Host: 46.105.234.4
Port: 21
Username: [YOURNAME].[NUMBER]
Password: [your multicraft password]

Number is random as far as I can tell, you need to check it through the CP.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12183 (isolation #1597) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 12178, Rhinox wrote:The recommended procedure is /save all, /save off, do backup, /save on - I don't think its a very good idea for me or anyone other than ops to be able to turn saving on and off for obvious reasons, just pointing out that this may limit the actual benefit to any of this manual saving.

Yeah, just backing up the worlds without dealing with the saving system properly will more likely than not hand you a bunch of incomplete/corrupted files.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12185 (isolation #1598) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:02 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ok guys, enderchest combo WHITE-WHITE-WHITE is now a public item dump. Leave anything, take anything. There's a book in there to explain it to anyone who finds it by accident - please put it back once you've read it!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12193 (isolation #1599) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:55 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

GRAVISUITE UPDATE

ASDFTXYTYAGUIYHOSDAEYSUDFILRCSL

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/co ... tionsuite/

Please someone tell me this is going to be in the new version of the modpack by the time it's recommended?

Return to “The Arcade”