Newbie 1156 - Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Revenus »

and its funny how you go out of your way to defend prime, when the only person he's given reasons for being scum is kiwi.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:41 am

Post by Revenus »

btw Don, if you're gonna call anyone scummy, I'd like for you to explain the case on them. 4 posts with "linking" just to PK's posts, with nothing on numberQ screams that you are either as lazy as rampage, or that you don't have a case on them.
DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:11 am

Post by DonQuixote »

In post 673, Revenus wrote:"i don't give a fuck" attitudes are generally those of scum who are too lazy to read the game. town cares about finding scum.

Very not true. Lazy=lazy lazy=/= scum. There has been no historic connotation between effort and scuminess.
In post 676, Revenus wrote:btw Don, if you're gonna call anyone scummy, I'd like for you to explain the case on them. 4 posts with "linking" just to PK's posts, with nothing on numberQ screams that you are either as lazy as rampage, or that you don't have a case on them.

Have you read the posts that I pointed out for PK? Do you agree/disagree with what z said about PK?

I also specifically said I'm not going to post my case on NumQ yet as I want to discuss a different player, specifically PK.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Revenus »

lazy=antitown. being anti-town is scummy. there is correlation between being lazy and being scum. don't deny it.
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:24 am

Post by PrimeIntellect »

You're funny, Revenus.
In post 682, Revenus: "My reads are very solid every game."
DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:33 am

Post by DonQuixote »

In post 678, Revenus wrote:lazy=antitown. being anti-town is scummy. there is correlation between being lazy and being scum. don't deny it.

I disagree with that entire statment. I believe you need to reread some games and learn what mafia tells are.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Revenus »

I've read and played in plenty of games.

What is with these people lecturing me to read games? Jesus.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Revenus »

Hi. I'm Donquixote and only have 8 posts on a mafia playing website. I tell other people to read and play in more games before they question my version of what is a scumtell.

My reads are very solid every game. Laziness and failure to
read the game
are basic scumtells.
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:30 am

Post by PrimeIntellect »

In post 682, Revenus wrote:My reads are very solid every game.

This had me laughing for a solid 5 minutes. Thank you.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Revenus »

the guy who believed the vanilla claim instantly is laughing at me. oh no
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:34 am

Post by PrimeIntellect »

What site did you play on before this?
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Shiidaji »

In post 669, PrimeIntellect wrote:
Nah, I just exaggerated a bit. I was surprised as hell that he quoted it so quickly, though. I had literally just started the bet and refreshed and BAM he was all over it.

Oh that reminds me; while you're here, I understand that you find zMM or DQ scummy (I forget which) but what do you think about a Kiwi lynch? A numberQ/ggoodie lynch?

Hmm. As stated before, I haven't found any of them to be extremely scummy. But, running down the list of people I find the most town and ignoring Rampage/Muffin for now, I'd guess a kiwi lynch would be sensible. I just haven't seen as much actual game content from ggood, and numberQ's posts seem really null to me after rereading.

Looking forward to ggood's posts soon though, we'll see then.
DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:34 am

Post by DonQuixote »

Rev please dislodge your jaws for a momment

What is your view of what Z has said about PK and what do you think the posts I pointed out are intended for?
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:37 am

Post by Shiidaji »

In post 682, Revenus wrote:Hi. I'm Donquixote and only have 8 posts on a mafia playing website. I tell other people to read and play in more games before they question my version of what is a scumtell.

Sort of interested in this too, do you have any experience, Quix?
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:42 am

Post by PrimeIntellect »

He played in my game on sirlin for day 1 before he replaced out.
That is, if he is the same DonQuixote (which seems like that's the case here?)
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Shiidaji »

That's what I'm asking, I read the game, and the name seems kind of rare.
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:44 am

Post by PrimeIntellect »

Some minor meta is that he called me PI, which is what other sirlin players tend to call me, whereas everyone else here seems to call me Prime. As well as the way he posts.
He's already said that he didn't want to talk about past experience due to meta or somesuch, so I dunno if we'll get much out of him relating to that.
DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:59 am

Post by DonQuixote »

I'm not that Quixote. I've plaid on MtgSalvation and Wifom total half dozen games.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

Oh okay, sorry Quix.

(Talking to Prime here) I know that because of your #649 you're dead set on a Kiwi lynch for now, but you've asked me and Rev for your opinions on Ggood and NumberQ, can you respond in kind? Or at least, after one of them posts a bit, either way.
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by PrimeIntellect »

Yeah, thing is, nothing they've said really stands out at all. Like my entire reasoning for wanting to vote them is not because of what they've said, it's because of what they HAVEN'T said.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

And process of elimination, I'm assuming. Okay.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 672, DonQuixote wrote:Shii is leaning town on me from the previous discussion, I don't think scum would be that non-commital. They tend to be afraid of openly changing their mind.

Wait, scum
wouldn't
be noncommittal? It's actually very very easy for scum to be noncommittal, especially newbscum. If scum tunnels someone and gets them lynched instead of being open to everyone being a possible lynch, they see the situation after the flip as very bad since they went so hard after a confirmed townie. Not sure why you think this at all tbh.

zMuffin, it looks like we've got some fundamental differences concerning our opinions on the merits of longer discussion. But whatever, Rampage was the one trying to cut discussion short and I won't find you scummy for trying to explain your predecessor as pro-town. In fact, after reading your ISO with that in mind I'm not finding much to fault you over... You've done a complete reversal from Rampage at least in terms of playstyle, and it's a playstyle I mesh with better (since apparently Rampage's playstyle is somehow a valid one?)

Also got around to reading that 1106 topic you linked to... you in that game and Rampage in this game are in no way, shape, or form similar. You explain things in 1106 for one.
Hey!
ggoodie12
ggoodie12
Goon
ggoodie12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by ggoodie12 »

Here are just some posts that have really stood out to me or that I want clarification about

PRIME

In post 584, PrimeIntellect wrote:Eh, if you don't see it then I won't explain it to you. I'm not an IC or whatever it's called, so I'm not obligated to explain it, either. I'm just a lowly newbie.

Town can't function to it's fullest without cooperation. Why are you against explaining yourself?

In post 609, Revenus wrote:
In post 606, zMuffinMan wrote:The reason I included Prime in my list of town players is, quite simply, because I think he's town. It has to do with tone and his method of scum hunting. When I eventually get around to explaining my reads (some time later tonight, hopefully), I'll go into detail with what I mean by this.

his method of scumhunting?

"theamatuer is scum"

"i am vanilla"

"wow really believable claim ok ur not scum"

In post 610, PrimeIntellect wrote:You're just jealous lol.

I haven't seen you defend this once this whole time. What do you have to say for yourself?

In post 635, PrimeIntellect wrote:
If not Kiwi, then we'll compromise and lynch number or ggoodie or someone.

"Compromise" on a lynch? That sounds like a terrible idea. You shouldn't lynch someone just because someone else wants to.

In post 639, PrimeIntellect wrote:Also, why don't you tell me why they'd be a BAD lynch?

That's really bad logic.

In post 642, PrimeIntellect wrote:
In post 640, Shiidaji wrote:Because he's copying Muffin's scumdar.

Um. I'm pretty sure I stated previously that it was Kiwi and numberQ. And if not Q, then adc or ggoodie. Most likely ggoodie.
If anyone's "copying" at all, it isn't me.

You haven't said anything about me all game. Why have you suddenly started talking like I've been one of your scumpicks this whole time?

In post 648, PrimeIntellect wrote:I have. Way back on page 8.

...? Am I missing something? I'm not mentioned by you anywhere on page 8.

REV

In post 652, Revenus wrote:and yeah I know you've been tunneling Kiwi all game, it's a bad lynch, and with the 3 scummiest people on it, it makes me feel that much better about her (for now)

Thinking someone is town because someone else thinks she's scum is a bit of a skip in logic.

In post 580, Revenus wrote:
In post 579, PrimeIntellect wrote:I like this replacement. Not quite Albert level yet in terms of hilarity, but he's pretty sharp.

so somehow this still makes him town

Vote:Prime

Why is it that after Prime explained himself you still kept your vote on him?

zMM

In post 670, zMuffinMan wrote:OK, this is going to be a fairly long post so I'll cut it into sections.

First section is responses to some things...

@Revenus,

Revenus wrote:and trying to cut off discussion is simply trying to cut off discussion. that's where YOU'RE wrong.

You're mistaking something here.

Albert
was
trying to cut off discussion, I am not denying this.

What I am trying to get across to you is that this isn't actually anti-town or scummy like you're suggesting it is.

If you don't understand what I mean, then tell me why, and I'll try to explain it better.

Revenus wrote:What things did ABR contribute to scumhunting? He never explained why he voted Kiwi. He just saw an opportunity, and went for it.

Again, you're mistaking something here.

Scum hunting isn't necessarily posting large amounts of text and writing convincing cases and explaining everything through logic and reasoning and whatnot.

Scum hunting is finding scum. That's it. Nothing else.

Methods differ. A lot.

You think scum hunting is about contributing to discussion and making detailed, logical cases or whatever... And that's fine, that's your playstyle. But if you want to go and play in different areas of this site, you're going to come across different playstyles and you're going to have to get used to it. Not everyone contributes in the way you're expecting them to contribute. Your main issue with Albert is nothing more than a playstyle clash.

Your other issue is that you weren't going about extracting the information you wanted from Albert the right way. And, again, you're going to come across some people in other areas of this site that sometimes even get upset when you interact with them the wrong way.

A lot of this makes sense, but if he doesn't explain himself, he can't possibly think that other people will follow him. It's only logical to want a good reason to lynch someone. Also, ABR tried to cut discussion short when people were objecting to his play, but as soon as pressure started to build on him, he wanted more discussion. This seems a bit contradictory, no?

Player Analysis since the Replacement

1-10: scum-town

GGoodie:
You are very sexy.
10/10 - sexy town

Prime:
Since the replacements you haven't done anything all that scummy except for the whole "compromise" thing with the lynches. I'd like to hear you explain your reasoning more instead of just criticizing Revenues.
4/10 - leaning scum, but my opinion has raised a bit since the replacement

Revenues:
You come off as pretty town to me, but I feel like you don't accept even good logic when it's used in a defense.
7/10 - fairly town, but you seem a little close-minded

Shiidaji:
I rather like your play style in contrast to that of Rev's XD. You seem much more logical and open minded. You've come off pretty town to me, but I've been fooled before.
8/10 - pretty town, I agree with a lot of what you say

zMM:
I was really wary of ABR, but you seem to be much more open to discussion and overall townish. Although I don't completely agree with your logic I do think that your willingness for explanation is a good sign.
4.5/10 - leaning scum, but you yourself have seemed town, so we will see.

DonQuixote:
I'm not really sure with you. I wish you would be more open to explanation, as that seems to be far more valuable then just linking to posts, as NumQ said.
5/10 - neutral, I'm not sure what to make of you.

NumQ:
I feel like you have been pretty townish in your posts. I like your reasoning most of the time and often find myself agreeing with it.
7/10 - fairly town, I hope to see more from you

Princess Kiwi:
I haven't gotten much of a vibe from here either way, but she's been V/LA a lot so I'm not sure. I'd like some more explanation as to why she's scum.
5/10 - neutral, would like to see some discussion between you and the replacements

Adc:
You've seemed pretty pro-town to me, and though I didn't like that "got to know" post I didn't think it came off as super scummy. I will look forward to your player reads.
6/10 - leaning town, but would like to hear more from you recently

Also, sorry about not posting a whole lot of content, but the last game I was in I got mislynched in lylo because of a mistake I made on Day 1, so I've been a lot more focused on reading other people's discussion than making my own.
"Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive."
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by PrimeIntellect »

So uh. You don't have ANYONE that you think is definitely scum? You just jumped up a lot on my scumlist. Not above Kiwi, but above numberQ for sure.
Adc75
Adc75
Goon
Adc75
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Adc75 »

I am through post 200 on my reread through the game. Once I've got through them all I will post a full iso for each player, but stagger it one player at a time to give everyone a chance to read and react at their own pace.

Should be done by this time tomorrow. I don't want to rush it since we've got almost two whole weeks.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”