Newbie 1156 - Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Revenus »

ok i just looked over my post and it was terribly incoherent but 'terribly incoherent' about sums up rampage's d1 play
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by PrimeIntellect »

That sounds like you except the Kiwi part.
In post 682, Revenus: "My reads are very solid every game."
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by Revenus »

Are you serious? I've posted reasons for everything I've done, no reason to get angry now that my target is on you.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by numberQ »

Okay, thoughts on a bunch of posts since the topic lock/reopen.

Adc's 552: "Oh hi I'm going to vote Rev because he doesn't want to hammer, even though he's said the entire game he wants more discussion." I don't see how calling for Rampage's lynch pre-lock and then wanting to give his replacement a chance to speak constitutes as "repeatedly holding off on hammers [he] previously called for".

Adc's 557 and 558: "Oh hi I voted for Rev for a reason that I just realized was bad, so I'm going to unvote because no one will probably follow me onto Rev, and then I'll say I'm still watching him to look like I'm hunting scum."

Shii's 562: Regarding your 2 and 3 answers, why so wishy-washy? You present an opinion then immediately back down when a little pressure is applied, aka just like scum trying to look town.

Prime's 584: Completely scummy frame of mind. "Since I'm not IC I don't have to explain my opinions!" uh, yes, you do. How do you expect to catch scum, pixie dust and luck?

zMuffin's 600: So you don't think Adc is scummy anymore... because he wanted to lynch someone you thought was town?

zMuffin's 606: Prime's tone is completely anti-discussion and therefore anti-town. At first he actually looked like he wanted to find scum, but then Rampage (aka you, aka his possible scummate) started posting and Prime turned into a mini-Rampage, ignoring legitimate questions and not looking for scum at all, instead placing votes and suspicion for terrible reasons and looking for any opportunity to call Rampage town.

Don's 611: Ah, yes, very easy to refer to a few posts instead of actually explaining your arguments. I think I see part of the case you have against PK, but I want to hear it from you: what about those posts don't you like? I'd like an explanation of your other reads too. Simply stating your opinions with no explanation does not help town find scum.

Don's 615: No one would have thought Prime scummy for hammering theam? I know I would have wondered exactly why he thought it necessary to cut almost all of our day 1 discussion short. It was stated that a hammer then would not be good for town, so scumPrime had plenty of reason to not hammer then. Plus, why couldn't he have just been waiting for some hapless townie to hammer theam? That way, when theam flips town (under the hypothetical that Prime is scum and theam (you) isn't), he wouldn't have even been on the wagon that did it.
Hey!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@Revenus,

Look, I'll try to explain this to you from the perspective of ABR.

He came into the game when he did, read up on it, saw theamateur as obvscum, and put a vote on him. At the time, the general consensus seemed to be that everyone in this game thought he was scum and a majority of the game was calling for his lynch. Now, what ABR was implying when he said any further discussion was only helpful to scum is that once we've decided on a lynch, any talk about who is most likely scum if that lynch flips town and who is most likely scum if that lynch flips scum are going to influence the scum NKs, and are therefore less helpful to town and should be discussed the next day. You interpreted this as Albert trying to cut off discussion and be unhelpful to town. You are wrong. It's as simple as that.

Later, something that theamateur did must have changed his mind about theamateur being the most likely candidate for scum. I don't know what it was, and I can't exactly find out now, but something changed. And, if I recall correctly, ABR was a large part of the reason theamateur's wagon dissolved, as I think it was alive and kicking at the time he unvoted.

Why did he go after Kiwi? He probably spotted the same things that Prime and I spotted.

As for why he wanted discussion when it was him up for lynching, it's because he(I) was(am) town, and, naturally, lynching a townie isn't optimal. This is not a very hard concept to understand, and I think the only issue you have with it is that you didn't understand his reasons for wanted cut discussion short when he thought a lynch had pretty much been agreed on.

None of this is scummy. You are simply misunderstanding things.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Oh, and for reference, I can site an example of a game I played in, in which I said pretty much the exact same things ABR said, and was attacked for it for a majority of D1. Kiwi was in it, too, so it surprises me that she's calling ABR's play scummy when it simply isn't.

The game is newbie1106 (I think) if you wanna go read it.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

cite*

Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

I suppose I thought of him>you as scum due to his...

Fourth post, after a two day absence, was a vote on Theam on page 9, with zero explanation other than it being a good bandwagon to latch onto. He then consistently didn't explain himself, only spending his time poking Rev and getting on Prime and Theam's good side, which is weird because he was still thinking Theam was scum. Now read post 388. After Kiwi votes him, "Whoops! Hey guys she voted for me. Let's vote for her.", and suddenly Prime and Ramp drop Theam completely and they go their merry wagon way.

I know I'm appealing to the wrong person, as I'm talking to you. You know yourself wether you're town or scum lying to me. So this is technically a post directed at everyone else. I just disagree with you on him actually acting pro-town.

Edit: Preview showed me you've answered sensibly to this before I even posted. I don't know what to think of it anymore.
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by PrimeIntellect »

In post 624, Revenus wrote:Here's a summary of abr's posts. Oh hey theamatuer is the lynch today there can be no more discussion. (then 15 posts insulting me and also asking why we aren't hammering theamatuer).
Then he votes kiwi. Then AFTER he votes kiwi he says "i've been thinking about it all night and shes scum" like the next day (so he could justify his random vote on her after seeing theamatuer train fall apart). Then when he sees theamatuer jumping on the kiwi train, he goes "oh hey theamatuer, we're buddies now" even though just a few posts before he is wondering why that lynch was derailed. And then when he gets attacked for this he says (we must have discussion, no one hammer).

Are you telling me none of this is at all scummy?

Ok now to trim stuff out and change a few things.

In post 624, Revenus wrote:Oh hey theamatuer is the lynch today there can be no more discussion. (then 15 posts of me being immature and also asking why we aren't hammering theamatuer).
Then i votes albert. Then AFTER i vote albert i say "i've been thinking about it all night and fuck you" like the next day (so i can be a jerk after seeing theamatuer train fall apart). Then when i see theamatuer jumping on the kiwi train, i goes "oh hey theamatuer, we're buddies now but you still suck" even though just a few posts before i was wondering why that lynch was derailed. And then when i gets attacked for this i say (various childish insults and ad hominem here).

Are you telling me none of this is at all scummy?

Yeah, that was pretty much you. You definitely posted a summary of yourself. I really only changed the "he"s to "i"s.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by Revenus »

And, if I recall correctly, ABR was a large part of the reason theamateur's wagon dissolved, as I think it was alive and kicking at the time he unvoted.

he absolutely was not.

and trying to cut off discussion is simply trying to cut off discussion. that's where YOU'RE wrong.

and saying you're town doesn't make you town.

What things did ABR contribute to scumhunting? He never explained why he voted Kiwi. He just saw an opportunity, and went for it. "He probably spotted the same things that prime and I spotted?". Hell no. He wasn't willing to contribute to discussion, and so even though YOU will pass it off as "yeah we saw the same things".

In any case, he jumped off theamatuer long after it was dead. You trying to have him take credit for that wagon dissolving is laughable.

edit: your play in other games doesn't impact my read of you this game.

edit:prime, if you're gonna pull a rampage, well then I'm not gonna feel any worse about lynching you especially since you've completely dropped any pretense of scumhunting and are now flaming someone you believe to be town at this point.
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by PrimeIntellect »

Ok well it seems like we're completely at a stalemate here.
Honestly the BEST lynch is Kiwi but I seriously doubt that's going to happen. Revenus will be 100% against anything zMM or I do and he'll likely try to sway everyone else as well.

If not Kiwi, then we'll compromise and lynch number or ggoodie or someone.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

@NumberQ, I'm an extremely passive person, which carries into my game, but I also catch and call myself out when I see that my previous thought process was illogical and stupid.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Revenus »

"number or ggoodie or someone".

So you're honestly calling half the players possible lynches? Why is number a good lynch? Why is ggoodie a good lynch? Why would I or adc be a good lynch? I am 100% against what either of you do because at this point I think you two are the scumteam. NumberQ just had a good solid townish post, but why no comment on it? You settling for a lynch sounds bad. Real bad.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Revenus »

Note: This is basic scum play: hey I can't get a lynch off? Well, I'll settle for anyone then, as long as it's not me, my scummate, or the guy we're gonna keep alive because he's been playing so poorly and agrees with us
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by PrimeIntellect »

One plus one equals.... two, was it?

Hm. Nine divided by two. This is tricky. Gonna go with my gut and say it's two.

Also, why don't you tell me why they'd be a BAD lynch?
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

In post 595, zMuffinMan wrote:So, I've caught up.

I'm pretty sure both scum are in {Princess Kiwi, numberQ, ggoodie}.

I'll give some explanations for this soon.

Because he's copying Muffin's scumdar.

Bah, Prime's looking more and more town to me, ugh.
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by PrimeIntellect »

That was in response to you saying "So you're honestly calling half the players possible lynches?"
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by PrimeIntellect »

In post 640, Shiidaji wrote:Because he's copying Muffin's scumdar.

Um. I'm pretty sure I stated previously that it was Kiwi and numberQ. And if not Q, then adc or ggoodie. Most likely ggoodie.
If anyone's "copying" at all, it isn't me.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Revenus »

I've been posting my thoughts on why I've thought they were town all game. Clearly, if I think these people are town, I'm going to think they're bad lynches.

Yeah there are 2 scum. However, if you've been reading the game at all and trying to scumhunt, you will lower the number of targets town from 9 to say....3?

However, in your case, its from 9 to 6, and apparently any of those 6 people will do.

I thought the object of the game from a town point of view was to explain why people are good lynches, not to defend the entire playerbase when I already implicitly have by calling them town.
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by PrimeIntellect »

Uhhhhhhhh bro.
Newsflash.
I think you and Shii are town.
Definitely.
Less sure on adc, but I'd put him above ggoodie.

(Try counting that up for yourself. I'll give you the answer if you really can't solve it, but I want you to try your best first.)
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by PrimeIntellect »

And of course include DonQ and zMM in my townlist.
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Revenus »

Oh so you already think donquixote/you/rampage are town. Me and shii are town as well, and you are leaning town on adc.

So why post that you'd be willing to compromise on a lynch of "number or ggoodie or
someone
"
Revenus
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Revenus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Revenus »

And newsflash to you:if you want people to lynch the people you think are scum, you should probably explain a basis for their lynch.
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by PrimeIntellect »

I have. Way back on page 8. Then I expanded on that a page or so back.
As far as I've seen, you can't recognize a coherent and well-thought out argument if it bent you over and did what it pleased with you.
PrimeIntellect
PrimeIntellect
Goon
PrimeIntellect
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by PrimeIntellect »

couldn't*

At any rate, I agree that I haven't really given anything solid for anyone but Kiwi. That's because I want obvscum dead and then go from there.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”