Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Mafia MetaMafia ~ Game Over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon May 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Vi »

Cue mood music.

In the beginning, there was mith. ...Well, that's not exactly true, there were a bunch of gods like mith. But he was the one who created our world. After him, generations of scummers were born on our site. Some became angels as they died, ascending to the many levels of heaven and into our mythos. Others were bent on corrupting mith's world and were thus cast out, left as devils to try to destroy the site from places unseen. But many were invoked by those who came afterward in hopes of inheriting their power and wisdom...

It is these descendants, fueled by scummers past, who now wish to claim dominion over the site as they know it. While most of the time this is done with a shouting contest and ritual ostracization, this time a few people - no, less than people, but
T
I
G
E
R
S
- are finally willing to take over the site by force. They MUST be eliminated, or there will no longer be a site to vie to control.

mafiascum.net is on the verge of war.
The stakes... COULD be higher, but only to people who aren't addicted to the site.
There is no turning back, for this should be very interesting to watch if nothing else.

Important Links:

Player List:

1) AlmasterGM
2) Debonair Danny DiPietro
3) Duplicity (Regfan + gorilla hydra)
4) Equinox
5) Faraday
6) Gammagooey
7) hitogoroshi
8) Demonic Angel (Fate + Katsuki hydra)
9) MagnaofIllusion
10) Magua
11) mothrax
12) Nicki Minaj (Nikanor + Mina hydra)
13) Nobody Special
14) ooba
15) Parama
16) Plum
17) quadz08
18) RayFrost
19) Seraphim
20) singersigner
21) sottyrulez (Sotty7 + Zachrulez hydra)
22) dramonic
replacing VasudeVa N2

23) VP Baltar

Spoiler: Final Outcomes
You Can Tell The Sun In Its Jealous Sky That We Walked In Fields Of Gold:

5) Faraday - High Priest of Mr. Flay -
T
I
G
E
R
- Survived Night 6!

It's Too Late When We Die To Admit We Don't See Eye To Eye:

3) Duplicity (Regfan+gorilla) - High Priest of Adel -
Town
- Shot Night 1...
4) Equinox - High Priestess of UncertainKitten -
Town
- Pwned Night 1...
12) Nicki Minaj (Nikanor+Mina) - High Priest/ess of Vi -
Town
- Inexplicably Mutated Night 1...
17) quadz08 - High Priest of DrippingGoofball -
T
I
G
E
R
- Lynched Day 2!!!
6) Gammagooey - High Priest of Yosarian2 -
Town
- Went SPLAT Night 2...
7) hitogoroshi - Just hitogoroshi -
T
I
G
E
R
- Mowed Down Night 2!
20) singersigner - High Priestess of Fate -
T
I
G
E
R
- Embraced Destiny's Bond Night 2!
22) dramonic
replacing VasudeVa N2
- High Priest of Furcolow -
Town
- Struck by Lightning Night 2.
9) MagnaofIllusion - High Priest of Elmo -
Town
- Lynched Day 3.
10) Magua - High Priest of SpyreX -
Town
- Inexplicably Mutated Night 3.
23) VP Baltar - High Priest of Albert B. Rampage -
Town
- Suicided Night 3...
13) Nobody Special - High Priest of Cyberbob -
Town
- Lynched Day 4.
14) ooba - High Priest of Hoopla -
Town
- Suicided Night 4...
8) Demonic Angel (Fate+Katsuki)
replacing Katsuki D1
- High Priest of Debonair Danny DiPietro -
Town
- Lynched Day 5.
1) AlmasterGM - High Priest of Xylthixlm -
Town
- Embraced CHESSKID Night 5...
18) RayFrost - High Priest of Plum -
Town
- Simply Rolled into Mordor Night 5.
2) Debonair Danny DiPietro - High Priest of Ythill -
Town
- Pressed Flat Night 5.
15) Parama -
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
over Mafia
over Mafia
over Mafia
over Mafia
over Mafia
over Mafia
over Mafia
-
T
I
G
E
R
- Chased off the Site Day 6!
16) Plum - High Priestess of vollkan -
Town
- Fed to an Orca Night 6...
19) Seraphim - High Priest of Empking -
Town
- Impaled by a Wild Unicorn Night 6.
21) sottyrulez (Sotty7+zachrulez) - High Priest/ess of Zorblag -
Town
- Endgamed Night 6...

You Know the Rules, and So Do I:

11) mothrax - High Priest of chamber -
Town
- Modkilled Day 1.
Last edited by Vi on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:06 am, edited 41 times in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Mon May 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Vi »

How this game works:

Ruleset essentially plagiarized from Vi.
Rules in bold have changed from the norm or are otherwise especially worth reading.

--Confirmation Period (Pregame)
and Night 0
:
What is it?
This is the period between when you /in to play and when I open the game thread for Day 1.
Mafia Pregame Talk:
The Mafia are allowed to speak to each other via their QuickTopic during pregame.
Pregame is for Confirming.
Confirmation will be done via PM in this game. After I create the game thread, I will send out Role PMs. Please confirm by quoting your Role PM to me and adding "/confirm".
Can we start yet?
When every player has confirmed, I will open the thread for Day 1. Until then, this game is in Night 0 (see Hawt New Game Mechanic rules).

--Day:
What is it? What do I do?
This is the period during which everyone who's alive can post in this topic. The Town wishes to find and lynch the members of the Mafia or anyone else whose Win Condition requires the Townies to die.
What is voting, and how do I do it?
Players may vote for a person they want to see lynched by posting
Vote: PLAYERNAME
somewhere in their posts. I won't accept it if it's not in bold, but if it looks like it's in that format I'll accept it.
What is unvoting?
You can also unvote players, like:
Unvote: PLAYERNAME
. This is not required in between votes, but helpful.
Do we have to lynch?
You are allowed to vote to No Lynch (
Vote: No Lynch
). This will take effect if no other majority can be formed from the players off the No Lynch wagon.
Can the Mafia talk to each other during the Day?
Maybe.
Prod/Replacement Policy:
Prods will be made on players who have been absent for 72 hours. Players who do not respond to prods within 48 hours will be forcibly replaced at the earliest opportunity.
Player Abandonment Policy:
If half of the player list needs replacement at any one time, I will ask the remaining players if they want to keep the game alive. If a majority of the remaining players does not respond "Yes" OR I cannot find replacements within three days, I will declare the game abandoned and it will end right there.
Deadlines:
See the Hawt New Game Mechanic. You know what's coming.~
When does the Day end?
The Day ends when a certain number of players (called the lynch threshold and usually a true majority of the living players) is voting the same player or No Lynch. If a majority of the living players are voting for someone, that player will immediately be LYNCHED (killed, removed from the game) and the game will proceed to Night.
What happens at deadline?
The Day ends with NO LYNCH and the game proceeds to Night.
I have more than one Role Action! Can I use them all at once?
Actually, this is a question to be answered in the Hawt New Game Mechanic section.
Role Overlap Policy:
Contradictions in action resolution (i.e. mutual roleblocks) are resolved by giving the first action submitted priority. This ONLY applies if actions cannot be resolved normally.

--Twilight:
*sparkle*
THIS IS WHAT TRUE FEAR LOOKS LIKE
What is it?
This is the period between when the hammer vote (the last vote placed that put someone at a majority) and when the mod shows up to post a reveal. There isn't anything special about it in this game. However, I will lock the thread while I am writing flavor.

--
Night:

What is it?
This is a period that lasts for at most three real-time days. During this time, the topic is locked, so nobody can post.
Can anyone talk?
Anyone who has been given a QuickTopic by the mod and permission to do so may speak privately during the Night. Other than that, no.
When does it end?
Night will end 72 hours after it started, plus whatever time it takes to write the flavor.

--THINGS THAT YOU CANNOT DO:
Can I talk about this game elsewhere?
While this game is ongoing, you are NOT allowed to discuss it in other topics/games (as this will likely get you modkilled in that game
as well as
this one). PMing other players about the game will result in a modkill. This game is in
this topic
, the Mafia QuickTopic, and in specific places that have previously been given my okay. That's it. If I have any reason to think that you are talking about this game outside this one, regardless of whether you actually are, expect to die.
You use cool colors! Can I use them?
No. Impersonating the mod is both cheesy and fraudulent. I will use
gray
in my modtext. Do not use gray in your posts, or risk being modkilled.
I know how to prove my Towniness! I'll post my Role PM!
No you won't. Quoting your Role PM or anything I tell you via PM will result in your modkill. Attempting to game the mod by discussing the formatting of modposts will get you modkilled as well.
Okay, but I can still prove my Towniness through other, clever ways...
No you won't. As a moderator I try to avoid betraying who the scum are through any means. If you try to break the game, etc. through invisible text, cryptography, etc., you will be modkilled. Cryptography of any kind is not allowed.
I have mod powers... so I can edit/delete this post... right?
No. What you post in this topic STAYS in this topic. If you multipost because the board is messing up, I will not delete the extra posts.
I'm dead. Can I still post?
No, with one exception. A recently decased player may make a "bah" post consisting of as many periods '.' as you like. You may not use spaces or hard returns. Nothing else is acceptable. You have 20 posts from the time of your death to make this "bah" post.
QuickTopic Repost Policy.
Publicly posting QuickTopics that you are given for this game is grounds for modkill. Don't do it.
You talk a lot about modkills. What is a modkill?
Pretty self-explanatory on its face - I kill you immediately. I also change your role retroactively to Neutral Survivor - meaning you auto-lose. If you give away game-sensitive information, I will kill one of your partners too - something you REALLY don't want.

--Other:
Word of Mod.
I am never wrong. Unless, of course, reality has warped, making me wrong. Please point occasions where this may have occurred out to me so that I may kick reality's ass.
Almighty Power of Mod.
If there is a conflict between the rules and a role in the game, the role wins.
Advice to Live By.
Don't do anything that would cause me to blacklist you or otherwise cause me to RAGE. You should know what you're not allowed to do. Don't do it.
Theme Game Disclaimer.
This game is not obligated to make sense until it is over. I may include any number of exotic roles and abilities in this game -
and you will like it
Miscellaneous.
Play to win.
Other Things.
Have fun. Or else. And remember, it's a game - keep it classy and don't take things personally; everyone's doing what they have to to win.
One More Thing.
Don't annoy the mod. The mod annoys back.
Etc..
Etc. (Note: I reserve the right to clarify "Etc." at any time, to include adding or changing rules. You will be notified if that happens.)

--Hawt New Game Mechanic rules:
Battery-Powered Deadlines.
With each vote count I will tell you what percentage of the Day remains. That percentage will decrease according to a number of factors, the most important one being genuine activity. When the percentage reaches 0%, the deadline falls and the Day ends. The average deadline is 9 days per game Day.
Alignment (not Allegiance).
Each role comes marked as one of the nine D&D alignments (Lawful, Neutral, Chaotic x Good, Neutral, Evil). This probably has some ingame significance.
Defining Traits.
Each role is aligned with at least one Domain. These Domains are described in the next post. Domains will be removed from the game if no living roles are aligned with them.
POWERFUL WIZARDRY.
At Night, players may elect to use any power roles they may have, Worship a Domain, or Cast using the Faith they received from having their Domains Worshipped on the previous Night. Specific to
Night 0
(yes, there is a Night 0), a player may not Worship N0 and Cast N1 - a player who wishes to Cast N1 may simply opt not to Worship N0.

Here is an example of the mechanic using a Sample Role PM featuring someone who is not in this continuity.
~NAME~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of Rinnosuke Morichka
DOMAINS:
Austerity
Balance

ALIGNMENT:
Neutral Good
ALLEGIANCE:
Town

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Passive)
WHAT IS A MAN
- You will investigate as Mafia to allegiance investigations.
(Active)
Role Cop
- You will discern target player's Role.
(Worship)
Worship
- You will empower target Domain.
(Cast)
Cast
- You may use one of your Casts, provided you have enough Faith.

--Casts:
1)
Conference
- Target player will be Neighborized with you during the next Night.
2)
Vendor
- Target player will receive your choice of the following abilities: {Doctor, Tracker, Role Cop}
4)
Appraisal
- You will discern target player's list of Casts.
7)
Unleash MANLINESS
- You will become unlynchable for the next Day, NK-immune for the next Night, and have a daykill available during the next Day.

You win when it is no longer possible to prevent your faction from being the only one left in the game.

Confirm via PM. I wish you the best of luck.

Each Night, this player has the option of doing exactly ONE of:
*using Role Cop on a player
*Worshipping the Domain of his choice
*Attempting to Cast a spell, although if none of the other players Worshipped
Austerity
or
Balance
on the previous Night, there will be nothing available TO Cast.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Mon May 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Vi »

This is a list of the
Domains
in the game at start.
You will receive a notice of which Domains remain in the game each Night. Domains that are not represented by any living player will be removed.

Asceticism
- The watchword of those who maintain a cool head and an even force in even the stormiest conditions. Its opposite is
Fervor

Austerity
- The modest banner for those who believe that their best use is to empower others. Its opposite is
Will

Balance
- Those who uphold parity as instituted by statistics and experience. Its opposite is
Whimsy

Concision
- The ideal of those who believe that wisdom is best expressed in few words. Its opposite is
Verbosity

Fervor
- The telltale sign of those whose rage drives Towns to unparalleled glory... or ultimate destruction. Its opposite is
Asceticism

Justice
- A manifestation of the desire to purge those who have deemed themselves unfit to live. Its opposite is
Logic

Logic
- The supreme tool of an enclave of those who wish to deduce the unambiguous truth. Its opposite is
Justice

Solism
- The class who works best when alone pays tribute to this domain. Its opposite is
Syncretism

Syncretism
- A shelter for the ones who believe that working together is a crucial step toward salvation. Its opposite is
Solism

Verbosity
- The unmistakable herald of those who ascribe to the credo of more being better. Its opposite is
Concision

Whimsy
- The standard of those who believe in unpredictable fun and lightheartedness. Its opposite is
Balance

Will
- Those who believe fiercely in pursuing their desires no matter what stands in their way congregate under this name. Its opposite is
Austerity

---

One last note before we go...
This game is still rated H for 62 Hamsters. You're welcome to speak ill of yourself, you're welcome to speak ill of each other as players, and if first comes to worst you can speak ill of ME; but if I have to shut this game down because of complaints about role-represented people getting libeled I will be reasonably upset.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Mon May 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Vi »

That, I think, should be everything...

Role PMs are being generated and distributed now.

When you receive your PM, confirm by telling me which Domain (if any) you wish to Worship N0.
Worshipping a Domain N0 means that every player with a role that identifies with that Domain will receive 1 Faith to be used while Casting on N1.
You may only Cast N1 if you do not Worship N0.
This restriction only applies to N1; in the future you may Cast or Worship as you please.

No active abilities other than Worship may be used N0.

When I have received a return PM from each player I will open the thread for D1.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Tue May 03, 2011 2:14 am

Post by Vi »

All Role PMs have been sent out. Please follow the instructions in the above post.

All players whose Win Condition is
You win when it is no longer possible to prevent your faction from being the only one left in the game.
should have their Win Condition read
You win when it is no longer possible to prevent
members of
your faction from being the only one
s
left in the game.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Vi »

Night 0 is now over, so...

Vote Count 0:
Come sail away!
Minimum (L-12)

Not Voting:
AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Duplicity, Equinox, Faraday, Gammagooey, hitogoroshi, Katsuki, MagnaofIllusion, Magua, mothrax, Nicki Minaj, Nobody Special, ooba, Parama, Plum, quadz08, RayFrost, Seraphim, singersigner, sottyrulez, VasudeVa, VP Baltar

-It is now Day 1!

--With 23 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(100%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #283 (isolation #6) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count I:
EnDlEsS wOrLd Of ChAoS
:right: quadz08 (L-6) ~
Gammagooey, Equinox, Faraday, Equinox,
mothrax, Debonair Danny DiPietro, VP Baltar, Seraphim, Gammagooey, Katsuki
VasudeVa (L-8) ~ Duplicity,
Parama,
MagnaofIllusion, Equinox, Faraday
Parama (L-9) ~ Magua, hitogoroshi, Plum
mothrax (L-10) ~ AlmasterGM, VasudeVa
Plum (L-10) ~ sottyrulez, Nicki Minaj
Nicki Minaj (L-11) ~
Seraphim,
quadz08,
Equinox, Plum

hitogoroshi (L-11) ~
Nicki Minaj,
ooba
Magua (L-11) ~ Parama
Katsuki (L-12) ~
Faraday

Faraday (L-12) ~
Nicki Minaj, Equinox

sottyrulez (L-12) ~
Gammagooey

Seraphim (L-12) ~
Parama, sottyrulez

AlmasterGM (L-12) ~
hitogoroshi, Duplicity

MagnaofIllusion (L-12) ~
Seraphim, Katsuki

Nobody Special (L-12) ~
Equinox, hitogoroshi, singersigner

Equinox (L-12) ~
singersigner

Minimum (L-12)

Not Voting:
AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Duplicity, Equinox, Faraday, Gammagooey, hitogoroshi, Katsuki, MagnaofIllusion, Magua, mothrax, Nicki Minaj,
Nobody Special,
ooba, Parama, Plum, quadz08,
RayFrost,
Seraphim, singersigner, sottyrulez, VasudeVa, VP Baltar,
singersigner

---Tell me if there are any problems with this vote count :D

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
(96%)
Last edited by Vi on Sat May 07, 2011 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #438 (isolation #7) » Fri May 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count II:
This thread doesn't end; it just quiets down momentarily
:right: quadz08 (L-4) ~ mothrax, Debonair Danny DiPietro, VP Baltar, Seraphim, Gammagooey, Katsuki, Faraday, singersigner
VasudeVa (L-10) ~
Duplicity,
MagnaofIllusion,
Equinox, Faraday,
sottyrulez
mothrax (L-10) ~ AlmasterGM, VasudeVa
Plum (L-11) ~
sottyrulez,
Nicki Minaj
Nicki Minaj (L-11) ~ quadz08
hitogoroshi (L-11) ~ ooba
Magua (L-11) ~ Parama
VP Baltar (L-11) ~ Duplicity
Minimum (L-12)

Not Voting:
Nobody Special, RayFrost,
singersigner,
Equinox

-No mod scene is presently forthcoming.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(90%)
Last edited by Vi on Sat May 07, 2011 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #471 (isolation #8) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:
Status on rayfrost, Vi?
Prods start tonight.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #473 (isolation #9) » Sat May 07, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Vi »

Mini Vote Count:
:right: quadz08 (L-3) ~ mothrax, Debonair Danny DiPietro, VP Baltar, Seraphim, Gammagooey, Katsuki, Faraday, singersigner, Parama
VasudeVa (L-10) ~ MagnaofIllusion, sottyrulez
mothrax (L-11) ~ AlmasterGM,
VasudeVa

Plum (L-11) ~ Nicki Minaj
hitogoroshi (L-11) ~ ooba
MagnaofIllusion (L-11) ~ VasudeVa
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-11) ~ quadz08
Magua (L-12) ~
Parama

Nicki Minaj (L-12) ~
quadz08

Minimum (L-12)

Not Voting:
Nobody Special, RayFrost, Equinox

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(90%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #489 (isolation #10) » Sat May 07, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Vi »

So Demonic Angel replaces Katsuki. I'll thank one of you for the advance warning.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #532 (isolation #11) » Sat May 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count III
- Lack of amusement
:right: quadz08 (L-2) ~ mothrax, Debonair Danny DiPietro, VP Baltar, Seraphim, Gammagooey, Katsuki, Faraday, singersigner, Parama, ooba
mothrax (L-11) ~ AlmasterGM
Plum (L-11) ~ Nicki Minaj
hitogoroshi (L-12) ~
ooba

Minimum (L-12)

Not Voting:
Nobody Special, RayFrost, Equinox

-RayFrost is being prodded with a torch.

-One account per player slot please.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(80%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #656 (isolation #12) » Sun May 08, 2011 12:50 am

Post by Vi »

Time for me to step in.

The PM in question has been determined by the mod team to impact the game.
If anyone wants to discuss this ruling with me/us, they can wait until they're dead.

Thus.

--- mothrax --- High Priest of chamber, and
Town
--- shut down Day 1.

End of Day 1 vote count and etc. to be posted later.

---

Stand by to receive a PM detailing what options are available to you for Night 1.
Night actions need to be sent in within the next three days.

The following Domains are available for Worship Tonight.
Asceticism

Austerity

Balance

Concision

Fervor

Justice

Logic

Solism

Syncretism

Verbosity

Whimsy

Will
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #657 (isolation #13) » Sun May 08, 2011 1:54 am

Post by Vi »

Vote Count IV
- *sigh*
:right: quadz08 (L-2) ~ mothrax, Debonair Danny DiPietro, VP Baltar, Seraphim, Gammagooey, Katsuki, Faraday, singersigner, Parama, ooba
VP Baltar (L-10) ~ Duplicity, Nicki Minaj
mothrax (L-11) ~ AlmasterGM
Demonic Angel (L-11) ~ RayFrost
Plum (L-12) ~
Nicki Minaj

Minimum (L-12)

Not Voting:
Nobody Special,
RayFrost,
Equinox

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|||
(73%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #658 (isolation #14) » Tue May 10, 2011 12:15 am

Post by Vi »

24 hours until the deadline for Night 1.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #659 (isolation #15) » Wed May 11, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Vi »

--- Duplicity --- High Priest of Adel, and
Town
--- Shot Night 1...

--- Equinox --- High Priestess of UncertainKitten, and
Town
--- Pwned Night 1...

--- Nicki Minaj --- High Priest/ess of Vi, and
Town
--- Inexplicably Mutated Night 1...

Vote Count V:
Mafia MetaMafia Speed Run
Minimum (L-10)

Not Voting:
AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro,
Duplicity, Equinox,
Faraday, Gammagooey, hitogoroshi, Demonic Angel, MagnaofIllusion, Magua,
mothrax, Nicki Minaj,
Nobody Special, ooba, Parama, Plum, quadz08, RayFrost, Seraphim, singersigner, sottyrulez, VasudeVa, VP Baltar

-It is now Day 2!

--With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(50%)
Last edited by Vi on Wed May 11, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #753 (isolation #16) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count Vi:
A vote count for the mod: JUSTICE
:right: quadz08 (L-3) ~ VP Baltar, Parama, ooba, sottyrulez, Faraday, Demonic Angel, Gammagooey
Parama (L-9) ~ Plum
VP Baltar (L-10) ~
RayFrost

Minimum (L-10)

Not Voting:
Faraday, Gammagooey,
hitogoroshi,
Demonic Angel,
MagnaofIllusion, Magua, Nobody Special,
ooba, Parama, Plum,
quadz08,
RayFrost,
Seraphim, singersigner,
sottyrulez,
VasudeVa,
VP Baltar,
RayFrost

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
(44%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #857 (isolation #17) » Thu May 12, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Vi »

Mini Vote Count:
:right: quadz08 (L-2) ~ VP Baltar, Parama, ooba, sottyrulez, Faraday, Demonic Angel, Gammagooey,
AlmasterGM,
Seraphim
Demonic Angel (L-7) ~ AlmasterGM, RayFrost, MagnaofIllusion
Parama (L-8) ~ Plum, hitogoroshi
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-9) ~ quadz08
VP Baltar (L-9) ~ Magua
Faraday (L-10) ~
RayFrost

Minimum (L-10)

Not Voting:
AlmasterGM,
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
hitogoroshi, MagnaofIllusion, Magua,
Nobody Special,
quadz08, Seraphim,
singersigner, VasudeVa,
RayFrost

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
(44%)

---

Faith does not store between Nights. What you didn't use N1, you lost.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #941 (isolation #18) » Thu May 12, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count VII:
Alors! Ze French spy!
:right: quadz08 (LYNCH) ~ VP Baltar, Parama, ooba, sottyrulez, Faraday, Demonic Angel, Gammagooey, Seraphim, AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro
Demonic Angel (L-8) ~
AlmasterGM,
RayFrost, MagnaofIllusion
Parama (L-8) ~ Plum, hitogoroshi
VP Baltar (L-9) ~ Magua, quadz08
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-10) ~
quadz08

hitogoroshi (L-10) ~
AlmasterGM

Minimum (L-10)

Not Voting:
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
Nobody Special, singersigner, VasudeVa

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(40%)

---

--- quadz08, High Priest of DrippingGoofball, and Image --- Sexily Hammered During Karaoke Hour Day 2!!!

Please stand by for a PM detailing your options for Night 2. Please submit an action within three days. Don't wait the entire three days, please.

Also, please do not write fanfiction about quadz getting sexily hammered during karaoke hour.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #942 (isolation #19) » Fri May 13, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Vi »

dramonic replaces VasudeVa, effective immediately.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #943 (isolation #20) » Sun May 15, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Vi »

--- Gammagooey --- High Priest of Yosarian2, and
Town
--- Went SPLAT Night 2...

--- hitogoroshi --- Just hitogoroshi, not a pony but a
T
I
G
E
R
--- Mowed Down Night 2!

--- singersigner --- High Priestess of Fate, and a
T
I
G
E
R
--- Embraced Destiny's Bond Night 2!

--- dramonic --- High Priest of Furcolow, and
Town
--- Struck by Lightning Night 2.

Vote Count VIII:
It's raining cats, hallelujah!
Minimum (L-8)

Not Voting:
AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Faraday,
Gammagooey, hitogoroshi,
Demonic Angel, MagnaofIllusion, Magua, Nobody Special, ooba, Parama, Plum,
quadz08,
RayFrost, Seraphim,
singersigner,
sottyrulez,
dramonic,
VP Baltar

-It is now Day 3!

--With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(100%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1178 (isolation #21) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count IX:
*adventures through thread to find yesterday's vote count*
:right: MagnaofIllusion (L-5) ~ VP Baltar, Demonic Angel, Seraphim
VP Baltar (L-6) ~ Plum,
Magua,
MagnaofIllusion
RayFrost (L-6) ~ Parama, Magua
Plum (L-6) ~
Faraday,
sottyrulez,
Seraphim, VP Baltar,
Faraday
Demonic Angel (L-7) ~ ooba
Parama (L-8) ~
RayFrost

Nobody Special (L-8) ~
ooba

ooba (L-8) ~
Seraphim
Faraday

Minimum (L-8)

Not Voting:
Faraday, Demonic Angel, MagnaofIllusion, Magua,
Nobody Special,
ooba, Parama, Plum, RayFrost, Seraphim, sottyrulez, VP Baltar, Seraphim,
RayFrost

---DrippingGoofball's new avatar (see previous mod scene) is probably the best thing to come from its fad.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(85%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1303 (isolation #22) » Tue May 17, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Vi »

Mini Vote Count:

:right: MagnaofIllusion (L-1) ~ VP Baltar, Demonic Angel, Seraphim, AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro, ooba, RayFrost
RayFrost (L-5) ~ Parama, Magua, Plum
Plum (L-6) ~ sottyrulez, Faraday
VP Baltar (L-7) ~
Plum,
MagnaofIllusion
Demonic Angel (L-8) ~
ooba

Minimum (L-8)

Not Voting:
Nobody Special,
RayFrost

-MagnaofIllusion is at L-1!

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(85%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1426 (isolation #23) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count X:
Fight for your life!
:right: MagnaofIllusion (L-3) ~
VP Baltar,
Demonic Angel, Seraphim, AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro,
ooba,
RayFrost
Plum (L-5) ~ sottyrulez, Faraday, VP Baltar
RayFrost (L-6) ~ Parama, Magua,
Plum

VP Baltar (L-6) ~ MagnaofIllusion, Plum
Minimum (L-8)

Not Voting:
Nobody Special, ooba

-Nobody Special has been prodded...

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||
(67%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1506 (isolation #24) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XI:
Verbosity reigns!
:right: MagnaofIllusion (L-3) ~ Demonic Angel, Seraphim, AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro,
RayFrost,
ooba
RayFrost (L-6) ~ Parama, Magua
VP Baltar (L-7) ~
MagnaofIllusion,
Plum
Minimum (L-8)

Not Voting:
Nobody Special,
ooba,
RayFrost, MagnaofIllusion

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|||
(43%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1610 (isolation #25) » Thu May 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XII:
All good things must come to an end
:right: MagnaofIllusion (L-2) ~ Demonic Angel, Seraphim, AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro, ooba, Magua
RayFrost (L-7) ~ Parama,
Magua

VP Baltar (L-7) ~ Plum
Minimum (L-8)

Not Voting:
Nobody Special, RayFrost, MagnaofIllusion,
Magua

---I'm V/LA this weekend. It would be nice if you could lynch before then, but if not, that's why I have backup mods :D

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||
(32%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1682 (isolation #26) » Fri May 20, 2011 1:41 am

Post by Vi »

Mini Vote Count:

:right: MagnaofIllusion (L-1) ~ Demonic Angel,
Seraphim,
AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro, ooba,
Magua, Parama,
VP Baltar, RayFrost, Seraphim
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-5) ~ Magua, MagnaofIllusion, Parama
Plum (L-6) ~ sottyrulez, Faraday,
VP Baltar

VP Baltar (L-7) ~ Plum
RayFrost (L-8) ~
Parama

Minimum (L-8)

Not Voting:
Nobody Special,
RayFrost, MagnaofIllusion, Seraphim

-MagnaofIllusion is at L-1!

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||
(32%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1685 (isolation #27) » Fri May 20, 2011 2:21 am

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XIII
- The foreordained execution
:right: MagnaofIllusion (LYNCH) ~ Demonic Angel, AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro, ooba, VP Baltar, RayFrost, Seraphim, Magua
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-6) ~
Magua,
MagnaofIllusion, Parama
Plum (L-6) ~ sottyrulez, Faraday
VP Baltar (L-7) ~ Plum
Minimum (L-8)

Not Voting:
Nobody Special

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||
(27%)

--- MagnaofIllusion --- High Priest of Elmo, and
Town
--- Wasted Day 3.

Night 3 will probably end in about this much time:
(expired on 2011-05-23 07:00:00)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1686 (isolation #28) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Vi »

--- Magua --- High Priest of SpyreX, and
Town
--- Inexplicably Mutated Night 3.

--- VP Baltar --- High Priest of Albert B. Rampage, and
Town
--- Suicided Night 3...

Vote Count XIV:
Faith is for the transient people
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Faraday, Demonic Angel,
MagnaofIllusion, Magua,
Nobody Special, ooba, Parama, Plum, RayFrost, Seraphim, sottyrulez,
VP Baltar

-It is now Day 4!

-The Domain of Fervor has been removed from the game!

-The Domain of Will has been removed from the game!

---The Domain of Dom is in mourning...

--With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(50%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1743 (isolation #29) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XV:
House of haters
:right: Plum (L-3) ~ sottyrulez, Faraday, Nobody Special
Nobody Special (L-4) ~ ooba, Plum
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-5) ~ Parama
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
Faraday,
Demonic Angel,
Nobody Special, ooba, Parama, Plum,
RayFrost, Seraphim,
sottyrulez

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(45%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1798 (isolation #30) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XVI:
Against the clock
:right: Nobody Special (L-2) ~ ooba, Plum,
RayFrost,
AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro
Plum (L-3) ~ sottyrulez, Faraday, Nobody Special,
AlmasterGM

Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-5) ~ Parama
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
Demonic Angel,
RayFrost,
Seraphim, RayFrost

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|||
(38%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1856 (isolation #31) » Wed May 25, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Vi »

Mini Vote Count:
:right: Nobody Special (L-2) ~ ooba,
Plum,
AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro, RayFrost
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-4) ~ Parama,
RayFrost,
Nobody Special
Plum (L-5) ~
sottyrulez,
Faraday,
Nobody Special

Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
Demonic Angel, Seraphim,
RayFrost,
Plum, sottyrulez

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|||
(38%)

Also, my avatar is awesome.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1865 (isolation #32) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XVII:
Setting things straight
:right: Nobody Special (L-2) ~ ooba, AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro, RayFrost
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-3) ~ Parama, Nobody Special, Demonic Angel
Plum (L-5) ~ Faraday
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
Demonic Angel,
Seraphim, Plum, sottyrulez

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
(31%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1917 (isolation #33) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Vi »

Mini Vote Count:
:right: Nobody Special (L-1) ~
ooba,
RayFrost,
Faraday, ooba, scottyrulez
Plum (L-6) ~
Faraday

Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
Seraphim, Plum,
sottyrulez, ooba,
RayFrost

-Nobody Special is at L-1!

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
(31%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1926 (isolation #34) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XVIII:
It's go time
:right: Nobody Special (LYNCH) ~ AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Faraday, ooba, sottyrulez, Plum
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
Seraphim,
Plum,
RayFrost

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
(24%)

----

--- Nobody Special --- High Priest of Cyberbob, and
Town
--- Brutally Assassinated Day 4.

-The Domain of Solism has been removed from the game.

Night 4's deadline is pretty much whenever I get back from V/LA, probably Monday night.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1927 (isolation #35) » Mon May 30, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by Vi »

--- ooba --- High Priest of Hoopla, and
Town
--- Suicided Night 4...

Vote Count XIX:
Now it's REALLY go time
Minimum (L-5)

Not Voting:
AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Faraday, Demonic Angel,
Nobody Special, ooba,
Parama, Plum, RayFrost, Seraphim, sottyrulez

-It is now Day 5!

--With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(100%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2013 (isolation #36) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XX:
No more room for error
:right: Demonic Angel (LYNCH) ~
Seraphim, Parama,
sottyrulez, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Faraday, RayFrost, AlmasterGM
Parama (L-4) ~
RayFrost,
Seraphim,
Faraday, AlmasterGM

Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-4) ~ Demonic Angel
RayFrost (L-4) ~ Parama
Minimum (L-5)

Not Voting:
AlmasterGM, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Faraday, Demonic Angel, Parama,
Plum,
RayFrost, Seraphim, sottyrulez

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(95%)

----

--- Demonic Angel --- High Priest/ess of Debonair Danny DiPietro, and
Town
--- Sentenced to Forum 62 Day 5.

Night actions are due by about this time Friday. If everyone in the game requests it, Day 6 can begin early.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2014 (isolation #37) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Vi »

--- AlmasterGM --- High Priest of Xylthixlm, and
Town
--- Embraced CHESSKID Night 5...

-A chain reaction is starting...

--- RayFrost --- High Priest of Plum, and
Town
--- Simply Rolled into Mordor Night 5.

--- Debonair Danny DiPietro --- High Priest of Ythill, and
Town
--- Pressed Flat Night 5.

Vote Count XXI:
The end of the line
Minimum (L-3)

Not Voting:
Faraday,
Demonic Angel,
Parama, Plum,
RayFrost,
Seraphim, sottyrulez

-It is now Day 6!

--With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
-The Domain of Syncretism has been removed from the game.

-The Domain of Whimsy has been removed from the game.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(100%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2025 (isolation #38) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Vi »

An error in moderation has been acknowledged.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2151 (isolation #39) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XXII:
At last, your arch-nemesis appears...
Parama (L-2) ~
Faraday,
Faraday
Plum (L-2) ~ Parama
sottyrulez (L-3) ~
Parama

Minimum (L-3)

Not Voting:
Faraday, Parama,
Plum, Seraphim, sottyrulez,
Faraday, Parama

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
(99%)
Last edited by Vi on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2162 (isolation #40) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XXIII:
So not pro at this battery thing
Parama (L-2) ~ Faraday
Plum (L-2) ~ Parama
Minimum (L-3)

Not Voting:
Plum, Seraphim, sottyrulez

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
(86%)
Last edited by Vi on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2241 (isolation #41) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XXIV:
Teetering...
:right: Parama (L-1) ~
Faraday,
Plum, Faraday
Plum (L-2) ~ Parama,
Faraday

Minimum (L-3)

Not Voting:
Plum,
Seraphim, sottyrulez,
Faraday, Faraday

-Parama is at L-1!

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(80%)
Last edited by Vi on Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2254 (isolation #42) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XXV:
The way out
:right: Parama (LYNCH) ~ Plum,
Faraday,
sottyrulez, Faraday
Plum (L-2) ~ Parama
Minimum (L-3)

Not Voting:
Seraphim,
sottyrulez, Faraday

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(80%)

-----

---
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
over Mafia
over Mafia
over Mafia
over Mafia
over Mafia
over Mafia
over Mafia
, affiliated with the
T
I
G
E
R
s --- Chased off the Site Day 6!

Night actions due in three days, tell me if you want Night to end early, etc.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2255 (isolation #43) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Vi »

I've received all the actions that matter and the people responsible said to end the Night early, so with that site crash...

--- Plum --- High Priestess of vollkan, and
Town
--- Fed to an Orca Night 6...

--- Seraphim --- High Priest of Empking, and
Town
--- Impaled by a Wild Unicorn Night 6.

-It is no longer possible to prevent a Win Condition from being achieved!

--- sottyrulez --- High Priest/ess of Zorblag, and
Town
--- Endgamed Night 6.

--- Faraday --- High Priest of Mr. Flay, also not a pony but a
T
I
G
E
R
--- Survived Night 6!

Game Over!

Town
...... |
Loses...

T
I
G
E
R
S
... |
Win!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2256 (isolation #44) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Vi »

Endgame and Credits:
Scummers on parade

-Mafia MetaMafia-

Hidden game mechanic: Each role has a kill flavor, even those that do not have any killing Casts (in case they were scum or granted a Vig). However, that kill flavor only has a 60% chance of being used. Otherwise it's whatever the mod makes up. There was a role in the game that implied that this kind of mechanic was in the game, but it died Night 1. Iconic kill flavors and suicide flavors are always 100% and listed as such where applicable.

Versions of almost every role were made for each alignment. Green Casts would only have appeared in Town versions; red Casts, scum versions.

Spoiler: Adel, as played by Duplicity
Vi wrote:
~Duplicity~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of Adel
DOMAINS:
Logic
Solism

ALIGNMENT:
Neutral Evil
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Passive)
Indigo
- The nature of your actions cannot be identified by investigative roles.
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
1) Alpha Dog - Target player will have any changes to the value of their vote removed.
2) Obfuscation - Target player will be Roleblocked.
2) Quantitative Scumhunting - The player who has posted the median number of posts relative to their time in the game will be killed. If there are multiple people who qualify, you may choose which one dies.

4) Quantitative Scumhunting - The player who has posted the median number of posts relative to their time in the game will be killed. If there are multiple people who qualify, you may choose which one dies.

5) Interrogation - You will determine target player's alignment, and Roleblock them as well.
7) Game Break - Two target players' allegiances will be publicly confirmed inthread, but you will die.

Confirm by submitting a N0 Worship choice. I wish you the best of luck.

Alpha Dog is basically there to counter a Fatestorm on the thread. Beyond that, Adel's best abilities are way too expensive to see the light of day.

Kill flavor: "Pwned"
(This is another flavor I'm yoinking from Tarhalindur, but this fits Adel better.)
Game Break kill flavor: "Modkilled" (100%)
(I always wanted to use this as a kill flavor :] )

Spoiler: Albert B. Rampage, as played by VP Baltar
Vi wrote:
~VP Baltar~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of Albert B. Rampage
DOMAINS:
Solism
Will

ALIGNMENT:
Chaotic Neutral
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Active)
Cruel Rampage
- You may decrease the initial Battery power available during the next Day by increments of 10% (up to
50%
30%
). You will gain Faith during the next Night equal to one tenth of the Battery power you deplete in this way.
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast
- You may use one of your Castings, provided you have enough Faith.

--Casts:
3) PROJECT RAMPAGE - Target up to five players. If they Worship during the next Night and are not Good, regardless of who they choose to Worship, they will Worship you (personally) instead.

3) Way of the Rampage - You will kill target player.

4) Invincible Rampage - You are Untargetable for the next Night.
5) Way of the Rampage - You will kill target player.

5) PROJECT RAMPAGE - Target up to five players. If they Worship during the next Night, regardless of who they choose to Worship, they will Worship you (personally) instead.

7) R-SURVIVAL - You will kill two target players.

9) R-SURVIVAL - You will kill two target players.

10) DOMINATING RAMPAGE - You will kill three target players. You may no longer Cast for the rest of the game.

12) DOMINATING RAMPAGE - You will kill three target players. You may no longer Cast for the rest of the game.

Confirm with an N0 Worship choice. I wish you the best of luck.

LOL and WHAT. Here's a joke role that's a threat to everyone around it. And of course it's possible for it to go to scum. :?
This role is an exercise in seeing how far the player will go to screw over the Town in order to get teh vig powerz. Personally, I wouldn't use this at all, but... well, maybe I would...

Project Rampage is one of ABR's abandoned projects; R-SURVIVAL is the name of a Large Theme he ran. I know I seem to be in a very small minority in this way of thinking, but each time I include someone's name in one of their abilities, it means their ego is the size of one more Mack truck.

Kill flavor: "Mowed down"
(Self-explanatory, I think.)

Spoiler: chamber, as played by mothrax
Vi wrote:
~mothrax~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of chamber
DOMAINS:
Concision
Justice

ALIGNMENT:
Chaotic Neutral
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
1) No Case! - Determine allegiance of target player. There are two types of players for which this investigation will return an inaccurate result.
2) Summon Prozac - Target player will be Roleblocked.
3) Summon JDodge - You will learn the nature of a target player's non-Worship action, between: {Nothing, Investigation, Protection, Block, Kill, Boost, Who Knows?}.
4) Summon Izzy - Target player will be Roleblocked until you die.
5) Summon Shanba - Determine allegiance of target player.
5) Summon Shea - All QuickTopic threads target player has access to will be closed until the end of the next Night.

Confirm by submitting an N0 Worship choice. I wish you the best of luck.

Obligatory scumchat presence. Another tremendous JOAT who should try to Cast each Night. No Case! is Paranoid to Good and Paranoid to Chaotic.

The summons might give you some insight as to what I think of each of the people listed. Or not. Don't think too deeply about it.

Kill flavor: "Stabbed multiple times at various depths"
(One of my favorite kill flavors in this game. Think Murder on the Orient Express.)

Spoiler: Cyberbob, as played by Nobody Special
Vi wrote:
~Nobody Special~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of Cyberbob
DOMAINS:
Concision
Solism

ALIGNMENT:
Chaotic Evil
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
2) Constant Rebuttal - You are Untargetable Tonight.
2) lol - Target player will be Roleblocked.
3) High Level of Intellectual Discourse - You will kill all players who target you Tonight.

3) Public Service - Target player will be Roleblocked for as long as you are alive.

4) High Level of Intellectual Discourse - You will kill all players who target you Tonight.

4) Public Service - Target player will be Roleblocked for as long as you are alive.

5) Relevant Link - Target player's action during this Night (Ability/Worship/Cast on <target> ) will be broadcast at the beginning of the next Day.

I am surprised that people thought I would only base the roles in this game on people I like. "High Level of Intellectual Discourse" is a quote from Yosarian2.

Anyway, this role is quite the Roleblocker. In scum hands, it's a force to be reckoned with. If Worshipped, it could definitely change the course of the game.

Kill flavor: "Incinerated"
(This is what you get when you don't have a flame shield.)

Spoiler: Debonair Danny DiPietro, as played by Katsuki and later Demonic Angel
Vi wrote:
~Katsuki~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priestess of Debonair Danny DiPietro
DOMAINS:
Asceticism
Concision

ALIGNMENT:
True Neutral
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
1) Blunt - Target player will be Roleblocked.
2) Research - You will learn who has gained Faith from worshipping target Domain during this Night.
4) Archnemesis - You will Roleblock target player until you die.
4) No Nonsense - All Casts will be blocked during the following Night.
4) Direct Denial of Service - Target player will receive no Faith for the next two Nights.
6) Superior Detachment - You are immune to all Casts you do not make until you Cast this again. This resolves immediately.

The other ultimate Roleblocker. These are some good Casts overall, and they're sensibly priced, so this is an overall good role to have around regardless of alignment.

I'm honestly not sure if it's easy or difficult to find inspiration for DDD's role.

Kill flavor: "Clubbed a few times"
(Penn and Teller's signature card is 3♣ .)

Spoiler: DrippingGoofball, as played by quadz08
Vi wrote:
~quadz08~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of DrippingGoofball
DOMAINS:
Syncretism
Whimsy

ALIGNMENT:
Chaotic Evil
ALLEGIANCE:
T
I
G
E
R
S

FACTION:
{Parama, hitogoroshi, Faraday, singersigner, quadz08}

--Abilities:
(Passive)
Tiger Talk
- You may speak with your comrades at Night only in this QuickTopic.
(Active)
Tiger Kill
- Target player will be killed. Only one Tiger may use this per Night.
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
0) Plum and Pomegranate - Target player will receive a piece of fruit.
0) Criminal Mastermind - Your faction will have daytalk during the next Day.

1) Mystify - Target player will be protected from a single kill Tonight. If your target is Lawful, they will also be Roleblocked.
2) Wagonalysis Scumputer - The person who is on average latest on wagons up until this point in the game will die.

3) Super Secret French Cabal - Target player will be permanently Neighborized with you.
3) Coconut Launcher - Target player will be killed, but only if they are Good.

4) Wagonalysis Scumputer - The person who is on average latest on wagons up until this point in the game will die.

4) Coconut Launcher - Target player will be killed, but only if they are Good.

5) Oh crap - You will Hide behind target player.

The Town version of this role would look like this.
<etc>

Best JOAT role ever. She should definitely be one of the people trying to Cast every Night. For scum, the daytalk is reason enough to have her Cast; plus I like the idea of forcing the scum to burn one of their Night actions in order to keep daytalk.

"Coconut Launcher" (the name) was Andrius' idea.

Kill flavor: "Found dead inside a closet"
(Because "turned into a strudel" would be too obvious.)

Spoiler: Elmo, as played by MagnaofIllusion
Vi wrote:
~MagnaofIllusion~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of Elmo
DOMAINS:
Austerity
Balance

ALIGNMENT:
True Neutral
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Active)
Donation
- Target player will receive all Faith you would receive Tomorrow Night from Domains the target player is not a part of.
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
1) Time Slow - All actions made by target player Tonight will resolve one Night from now.
2) Moderation - All Casts that cost more than 2 Faith will be blocked Tonight.
5) Persistence of Memory - You will gain all of target dead player's Casts. You may only use this once during the game.

It's amazing how one of the shortest roles in the game is one of the most ridiculous, between Moderation and Donation. Maybe I'm overrating it - all of my reviewers have said so - but I think this role is pretty cool. It's also definitely Elmo, at least IMO.

Kill flavor: "Vanished"
(It's the only thing I could think of for Elmo's passive playstyle.)

Spoiler: Empking, as played by Seraphim
Vi wrote:
~Seraphim~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of Empking
DOMAINS:
Asceticism
Austerity

ALIGNMENT:
True Neutral
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
2) Grant Obscure Power Role - Target player will be granted your choice of the following: {Bladesmith, Fruit Vendor, Voyeur}.
2) Some thoughts on looking Town - The player who has received the fewest votes over the course of the game will be killed. If there is a tie, you may choose which one dies.

3) Summon Empking's Alt - All actions that would target you Tonight will instead target a player who is not in the game (who happens to be Town and have all the same traits as you, but won't perform any actions).
3) Grant Unknown Power Role - Target player will become a Directed Backup (upon receipt of this ability, a player must choose who they want to back up, taking over all of that player's abilities if they die).
4) Some thoughts on looking Town - The player who has received the fewest votes over the course of the game will be killed. If there is a tie, you may choose which one dies.

5) Grant God Tier Power Role - Target player will be granted your choice of the following: {Accountant, CPR Doctor, Paranoid Gun Owner}.

5) Grant God Tier Power Role - Target player will be granted your choice of the following: {Accountant, Commuter, Paranoid Gun Owner}.

What was originally intended to be a joke role turned awesome when Seraphim vigged scum with it. As it stands, the chance of Empking being able to grant a scumpartner PGO is remote enough that he shouldn't bother. Definitely one of the people who should consider Worshipping.

This is based mostly on Empking's MD topics. I guess I should introduce the roles I'm throwing around...
Bladesmith wrote:(Active)
Bladesmith
- You will discern whether target player has a blade (i.e. if that player has Doctor-like capabilities, is a Serial Killer, or if their deity's avatar has a blade inflavor).
Fruit Vendor wrote:(Active)
Fruit Vendor
- Target player will receive a piece of fruit (and be told they have received it, though not from whom).
Voyeur wrote:(Active)
Voyeur
- You will discern whether anyone (other than yourself) targeted target player Tonight.
Directed Backup wrote:(Passive)
Directed Backup
- When you receive this ability, target player. When target player dies you will receive any and all (Active) abilities they had at the time of their death.
Accountant wrote:(Active)
Accountant
- You will discern whether target player is wealthy (i.e. if that player is a member of the Mafia, has Doctor-like capabilities, has Governor-like capabilities, or if their deity's avatar is wealthy inflavor).
Commuter wrote:(Passive)
Commuter
- You are untargetable at Night. You may not perform any Night actions.
Paranoid Gun Owner wrote:(Passive)
Paranoid Gun Owner
- You will reflexively kill everyone who targets you at Night.

Kill flavor: "Shot"
(This is the most Normal flavor in the game.)

Spoiler: Fate, as played by singersigner
Vi wrote:
~singersigner~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priestess of Fate
DOMAINS:
Fervor
Will

ALIGNMENT:
Chaotic Neutral
ALLEGIANCE:
T
I
G
E
R
S

FACTION:

--Abilities:
(Passive)
Tiger Talk
(Active)
Tiger Kill
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
0) PAY ATTENTION DAMMIT - If for whichever reason one of your Casts does not succeed, you will automatically cast this. The first time you cast this, nothing will happen. The second time, you will die and nothing can prevent it.
1) CAPS LOCK REVOLUTION - Target player's vote will count for double during the next Day, provided they are not Lawful.

2) CAPS LOCK REVOLUTION - Target player's vote will count for double during the next Day, provided they are not Lawful.

3) CAPS LOCK CONVERSION - Target player's vote will count for double for the rest of the game.

4) CAPS LAWKE - Your vote will count for triple during the next Day, and double for the rest of the game.

4) YES YES AHAHAHA - Target player can use two actions (or Casts) during the next Night. This cannot be applied to the Tiger Kill.
5) CAPS LOCK CONVERSION - Target player's vote will count for double for the rest of the game.

Confirm by submitting a choice for an N0 Worship. I wish you the best of luck.

The Town version of this role looks like this.
<etc>

PAY ATTENTION DAMMIT is just there to stop Fate from casting every Night, because I'm mean. :D

The prices are high, but the votes pile up - especially if the role winds up being scum. Messing with votes is a unique way of playing the game, only used by this role.

Kill flavor: "Beaten to a bloody pulp"
(Self-explanatory...)
PAY ATTENTION DAMMIT kill flavor: "Exploded" (100%)
(Again, self-explanatory...)

Spoiler: Furcolow, as played by VasudeVa and dramonic
Vi wrote:
~VasudeVa~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of Furcolow
DOMAINS:
Solism
Verbosity

ALIGNMENT:
Chaotic Good
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast
- You may use one of your Cast, provided you have enough Faith.

--Casts:
1) Follow Me! - Target player's Night action will retarget you.
1) Unlynchable - Votes placed on target player during the next Day will randomly retarget others.

2) Unlynchable - Votes placed on target player during the next Day will randomly retarget others.

6) Screw the Rules - You may Worship and Cast on the same Night for the rest of the game.

Screw The Rules+Unlynchable becoming a broken combination is entirely intentional, at least for the Town version - Furcolow always did believe that forcing scum to waste a kill on him was pro-Town. That's why it's noticeably more difficult for scum to get those Casts. (If you don't see it, envision Furcolow self-targeting with Unlynchable and Worshipping Solism/Verbosity to get it.)

Without them, or in the hands of a player who doesn't need to be Unlynchable, he has nothing and should be Worshipping.

It's kind of a shame that this is the only Chaotic Good player in the game. It's kind of an interesting alignment.

Kill flavor: "Furiously torn apart"
(Kind of weak, but etc.)

Spoiler: hitogoroshi, as played by hitogoroshi
Vi wrote:
~hitogoroshi~

Congratulations! You are...
Mafia
! With Parama, Faraday, singersigner, and quadz08! They talk here! You can Worship Domains at Night too!

And that's it. You don't have any Domains, you have no Casts, you have no Abilities beyond the factional kill and the ability to talk to the rest of the
T
I
G
E
R
S
; in fact you don't even have a safeclaim. Your role title is
hitogoroshi
and during N0 you may send me the Alignment you wish to have for the remainder of the game (Lawful Good, Chaotic Neutral, Neutral Evil, etc.).

Confirm by submitting an N0 Worship choice. Good luck!

I want to have five scum, but just picking four random scum plus Tarhalindur tended to make the team overpowered, so this role came about. Besides, SOMEONE had to draw their own role.~

The "Congratulations! You are... Mafia" line is actually the title of an infamous game run by Mirth.

Kill flavor was determined at runtime to be "Derped up big time".

Spoiler: Hoopla, as played by ooba
Vi wrote:
~ooba~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of Hoopla
DOMAINS:
Balance
Justice

ALIGNMENT:
Lawful Neutral
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
1) Remove Power Role - Target player will lose all of their abilities (not Casts).
3) Grant Minor Power Role - Target player will receive your choice of: {Tracker, Single-Night Neighborizer}.
3) Grant Extra Townie - Target player will gain a Doublevoter ability.
3) Draft Manipulation - Target player will receive your choice of: {Cop, Watcher, Roleblocker, Jailer, Doctor, Tracker, Fruit Vendor, Single-Night Neighborizer}. Two random players not aligned to you will receive random selections from the same group, minus the role you picked and plus {Vigilante, Bomb, Supersaint}.

4) Grant Moderate Power Role - Target player will receive your choice of: {Doctor, Roleblocker, Jailer}.

5) Mass Grant Minor Power Role - Up to two target players will receive your choice of: {Tracker, Doublevoter, Single-Night Neighborizer}.

5) Grant Moderate Power Role - Target player will receive your choice of: {Doctor, Roleblocker, Jailer, Doublevoter}.

6) Grant Major Power Role - Target player will receive your choice of: {Watcher, Vigilante}.

6) Grant Major Power Role - Target player will receive your choice of: {Cop, Watcher}.

This. Role. All of my reviewers thought Hoopla was ridiculously overpowered, and for good reason - Active abilities are so much better than Casts because they are independent of the Worship system (and tend to be better in general). That's why her Casts cost so much.

Draft Manipulation is a reference to the devastation unleashed on Pick Your Power 2 by this role's namesake. I wanted it to be a way for Hoopla-scum to easily give her partners powers, but it doesn't sound like it's too appealing as it is now.

This is what the roles will look like when given out.
Tracker wrote:(Active)
Tracker
- You will discern who target player targets Tonight.
Single-Night Neighborizer wrote:(Active)
Neighborizer
- Target player will be Neighborized with you during the next Night.
Cop wrote:(Active)
Cop
- You will discern target player's Allegiance.
Watcher wrote:(Active)
Watcher
- You will discern who targets target player Tonight.
Roleblocker wrote:(Active)
Roleblocker
- Target player's action Tonight will be voided.
Jailer wrote:(Active)
Jailer
- Target player will be protected from all kills Tonight, but any non-Worship action they may take will be voided Tonight.
Doctor wrote:(Active)
Doctor
- Target player will be protected from a single kill Tonight.
Fruit Vendor wrote:(Active)
Fruit Vendor
- Target player will be given a piece of fruit (and told they have received it, though not from whom).
Vigilante wrote:(Active)
Vigilante
- Target player will be killed.
Bomb wrote:(Passive)
Bomb
- If you are killed at Night, all players who targeted you with killing actions that Night will be killed themselves.
Supersaint wrote:(Passive)
Supersaint
- If you are lynched, you will kill the person who placed the hammering vote.

Justice turned out to be one of the most populous Domains in the game, so the chance of her becoming a major power player in the game wasn't all that low.

Kill flavor: "Drained"
(Specifically, drained of blood. It's actually kind of hard to write kill flavors that lead toward a given player without being obvious.)

Spoiler: MagnaofIllusion, as played by Parama(?)
Parama #78 wrote:High Priest of MagnaofIllusion

Justice / Verbosity

Lawful Neutral

1) ROAR - The player targeted will be force to target you that night.
3) Died on Night... - You will become immune to one nightkill.
3) Quote Stripes - The player you target will be unable to perform any actions that night.
4) Noted - You may investigate a player and determine their alignment. If you investigate an evil or chaotic player you will recieve a guilty even if they are not guilty.
5) STOP TROLLING! - Once per game, you may kill one player in the game, but only if that player has voted you at least three times over the course of the game.

No, I didn't write this.~ Faraday pointed out that ROAR came from a game that was ongoing while this game was being designed, but etc.

Spoiler: Mr. Flay, as played by Faraday
Vi wrote:
~Faraday~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of Mr. Flay
DOMAINS:
Balance
Concision

ALIGNMENT:
Lawful Good
ALLEGIANCE:
T
I
G
E
R
S

FACTION:

--Abilities:
(Passive)
Infinite Backlog
- Worship counts as negative for you.
(Passive)
Administrator
- You must Cast each Night unless you are using an ability.
(Passive)
Tiger Talk
(Active)
Tiger Kill
- Target player will be killed. Only one Tiger may use this per Night.[/color]
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
-∞) WebSens'd at Work - Any investigative or statistical ability will return the worst possible result Tonight and the next Night. This ability is passive and you cannot NOT Cast it if it is the only one available to you.
-1) IP Search - Target player's Domains and Alignment will be revealed to you.
-1) RAGE points - If you have been targeted and/or worshipped 13 times over the course of the game, you may kill a target player. You will be informed when this ability is available.
0) "I Agree With" emotes - Target player will receive 1 additional Faith each Night. You may cast this on the same player twice, but it will remove this effect, not stack with it.
0) Site Maintenance - You will discern whether target player has access to a QuickTopic.

Confirm via return PM. I wish you the best of luck.

The Town version of this Role PM is the same, but without any mention of Tigers.

You wanted a role that got WEAKER if it was Worshipped; you got it.

A joke role, yet surprisingly good. Balance and Concision are not particularly in-demand Domains (Hoopla aside) so it shouldn't be that hard for Mr. Flay to pick up with Site Maintenance, arguably better than a Cop investigation in this game - possibly leaning toward TOO good. "I Agree With" emotes are the scum alternative to Site Maintenance, and it's... about as good for them, I think. Definitely one of the stronger roles in the setup if left to itself.

WebSens'd at Work will trigger statistical kills (i.e. Yos2's Nuke All Lurkers) - the kill-Caster will be told there is a tie between whoever is ACTUALLY the statistical target and the Mr. Flay role.

RAGE points is a reference to War in Heaven.

Kill flavor: "Inexplicably mutated"
(Don't mess with someone who can crash the site.)

Spoiler: Plum, as played by RayFrost
Vi wrote:
~RayFrost~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of Plum
DOMAINS:
Justice
Syncretism

ALIGNMENT:
Lawful Good
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
1) Communion - Target player will be Neighborized with you during the next Day.
2) Encore - Target player will be forced to use the same action they used Tonight during the next Night. They may choose different targets if applicable.
3) Power Share - During the next Night, you will either gain your normal amount of Faith or the Faith target player will get, whichever is larger.
4) Zeusbolt - Target player will be killed.

5) Indwelling - You will discern target player's Allegiance.
5) Zeusbolt - Target player will be killed.

6) Inhabit One Ring - You will permanently Hide (with no allegiance restriction) and Neighborize (with Daytalk) behind target player. This effect will persist after your death, and you may continue to cast if you are dead within the ring. You may only use this once during the game.

This role has been toned down a fair amount since it was originally drawn up, but it's still pretty strong for fairly obvious reasons IMO.

Kill flavor: "Struck by lightning"
(A kill flavor fresh from MoCO, referring to Plum the Seraph.)

Spoiler: SpyreX, as played by Magua
Vi wrote:
~Magua~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of SpyreX
DOMAINS:
Fervor
Whimsy

ALIGNMENT:
Neutral Good
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
2) WOOOOSH - You will learn the nature of a target player's non-Worship action taken this Night, between: {Nothing, Investigation, Protection, Block, Kill, Boost, Your Guess Is As Good As Mine}.
3) Path of Now and Forever - After death, you will lose your ability to post but still be counted as a player, with the ability to PM the mod votes. You will be removed from the game if you are targeted by any ability after death.

4)
IF
I Had A Bullet - Target player will be killed. This kill will pierce Untargetable or NK protection if the target is Evil.
5) MOONBEAMS - Your allegiance will be mod-confirmed inthread.
6) Path of Now and Forever - After death, you will lose your ability to post but still be counted as a player, with the ability to PM the mod votes. You will be removed from the game if you are targeted by any ability after death.

Lots of somewhat cool stuff... but it's all fairly expensive. MOONBEAMS is awesome, although I'm not sure if I should raise the price on it to 5. He might be better off Worshipping.

If you don't know what
IF
I Had A Bullet means, you're missing out. Also, SpyreX told me that he's coming to dislike the MOONBEAMS meta.

Kill flavor: "Ate plasma"
(Plasma Cannons are the weapons used by Ur-Quan Dreadnoughts.)

Spoiler: Tarhalindur, <recursive> over Mafia, as played by Parama
Vi wrote:
~Parama~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
Tarhalindur,
over Mafia
over Mafia
over Mafia
over Mafia
over Mafia
over Mafia
over Mafia

DOMAINS:
Logic
Solism

ALIGNMENT:
Neutral Evil
ALLEGIANCE:
T
I
G
E
R
S

FACTION:

--Abilities:
(Passive)
Modgod
- You will always investigate as Guilty to allegiance investigations, regardless of sanity.
(Passive)
Tarhalindur's Safeclaim!
- You know MagnaofIllusion is not represented by the roles in this game.
(Passive)
Tiger Talk
(Active)
Tiger Kill
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
1) Polymorph - You may replace either of your Domains (
Logic
and
Solism
, right now) with any other Domains in the game, and thereby change which Domains increase your power.
3) Death Note - Choose a player and a phrase that player said during the game. If the submitted phrase matches exactly the name of a Cast that player has, that player will die.
3) Mod Screw - Target player will investigate as the opposite of their actual allegiance until the end of the game. This will not affect investigations that are not Sane.
3) Xenoformshift - You may replace either of target player's Domains with any other Domains in the game. (You may not choose the same Domain twice.) Your target will be told their Domains have changed, but not to what.
4) Meta Break - The person who has gained the most Faith Tonight will die. You may only use this once per game.
5) Meta Shift - Target domain will be wiped and can no longer be worshipped for the rest of the game.
6) Mind Screw Ω - All actions taken Tonight will randomly retarget. This includes abilities that would normally self-target.

You can't see it from here, but this role was automatically considered scum. Yes, this is the only role in the game that needed to fakeclaim.

The obligatory Tarhalindur role is this game's "punisher" role, as Death Note appears barely-altered from the Mind Screw games. At full power there are all kinds of fun tricks he can play on the hapless Town. The major difficulty he will have is fitting into this game with a safeclaim, as he will need to dream up a fake list of Casts during Pregame. Deciding on a fakeclaim was difficult - StrangerCoug definitely fits Logic and Solism, but I didn't think anyone could make a good fakeclaim for him that didn't resort to furry jokes. MagnaofIllusion worked better, but had I actually thought about it I would have realized that MoI was more Solism/Verbosity. It just goes to show that I didn't know Moai enough to use his name and likeness in this game. :\

While I'm here, let's talk about this.
Parama #96 wrote:I am Tarhalindur, SK.
Vi says the rolename is recursive, as in:
Tarhalindur, _____ over Mafia
where the _____ is Tarhalindur, _____ over Mafia
so I'm just gonna go with that ^_^

Domains: Logic, Solism
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Passives:
Tarhalindur's Kill! - One unstoppable kill per night, kill flavor is random from a short list of possible flavors (quoting them is a probable modkill). Using this kill does not prevent me from casting, but it does prevent me from worshipping.
Modgod - I always investigate guilty
Parallel Universe - Immune to 2 nightkill attempts. Not told when these are used up, unfortunately.
Tarhalindur's Safeclaim! - MagnaofIllusion is my fakeclaim

1) Rule 1 has been revealed - I learn # of anti-town players.
1) Polymorph - I can replace one domain with anything I want.
3) Death Note - I send in a playername and a phrase they've said; if it matches one of their casts, my kill becomes untraceable (trackers/watchers see nothing) and the kill flavor changes to suicide.
4) Meta Break - Once per game, I can make the player who gains the most faith overnight die.
5) Meta Shift - Target domain is removed from the game; can no longer be worshipped.
6) Mind Screw Ω - Mass-randomizer; includes self-targeting abilities.
Cookie 1: Even if I named it "Tarhalindur's Kill" I wouldn't attach an ! to it.
Cookie 2: It's not Rule 1, it's Rule 0.
Cookie 3: Death Note is untraceable?

Kill flavor: "Nuked"
(This is a common Mind Screw kill flavor.)
Death Note kill flavor: "Suicided" (100%)
(Again, barely altered from the Mind Screw games.)

Spoiler: UncertainKitten, as played by Equinox
Vi wrote:
~Equinox~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priestess of UncertainKitten
DOMAINS:
Fervor
Will

ALIGNMENT:
Chaotic Neutral
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
1) Dead Lady Walking - During the next Day, you may submit messages to the moderator, who will publish them anonymously. You may submit as many messages as you like, but the total number of characters in them may not exceed 2000 per game Day.
1) Outguess Mod - Kill flavors during this Night will definitely be indicative of the killers.
2) Enjoi Rope? - Target player will be Roleblocked.
2) Channel Ozymodiar - Each real-time day, you may PM the mod to redirect any player's vote to wherever you'd like for it to go.

4) Flame Shield - You will gain one-shot NK-immunity.
4) Channel Ozymodiar - Each real-time day, you may PM the mod to redirect any player's vote to wherever you'd like for it to go.

4) Third Party Preference ^-^ - You will change allegiance to become an Inquisitor. An Inquisitor's Night Action is to target players with kills, and then recruit them if they survive and are not immune to being recruited for whichever reason. As an Inquisitor you may kill and Cast on the same Night. You may not Cast this if there are fewer than 7 players alive.

5) Whack-A-Mole - The next person who would be lynched would not be lynched, but instead have their alignment revealed inthread. You may only use this once during the game.

Confirm by sending in your N0 Worship choice. I wish you the best of luck.

Outguess Mod is fascinating just as information about kill flavors, and it's an interesting throw-in should she try to Cast, but really... outside Whack-A-Mole she doesn't have much of a reason to Cast. Channel Ozymodiar is interesting scumside, but still... not that much. The Inquisitor option is what it is - namely, not a good idea for anyone.

UK has also started to move outside her old meta somewhat - the people who ask about enjoi-ing rope picked it up from her, but she hasn't asked it in a while. Part of that has come from moving on from the site culture, I think...

Whack-A-Mole and Channel Ozymodiar are lifted directly from Tarhalindur's games, BTW. For a while they were inseparable.

Kill flavor: "[REDACTED]"
(Heir to Tarhalindur. Okay, I was out of ideas on this one -.- )

Spoiler: Vi, as played by Nicki Minaj
Vi wrote:
~Nicki Minaj~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest/ess of Vi
DOMAINS:
Whimsy
Will

ALIGNMENT:
Lawful Good
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
1) Life Brace - You will require an extra vote to lynch during the next Day.

2) Life Brace - You will require an extra vote to lynch during the next Day.

3) Writing on the Fourth Wall - You may submit a question to the mod. This question will only be answered based on what the mod knew pregame, and the answer will be at most two words long.
3) Eye of the Storm - You and target player are unaffected by actions taken by Chaotic and Evil roles this Night and the next.
4) Piercing Eye(?) - Discern allegiance of target player. This investigation is Naive to Chaotic players and Paranoid to Evil players.
4) Offer You Can't Refuse - Target player will not end the Day if lynched during the next Day.
4) Reverberation of Will - Tomorrow, your vote will be worth 1 more than usual for each two real-life days that pass. (so seven days into the Day, your vote will be worth four)
4) Hasten Inevitable - All kills made Tonight will be redirected to you. Protections made on you Tonight will fail.
5) Blind Guardian - Target player cannot be lynched or night-killed during this Night or the next Day. You may not self-target.

It's more or less what you would expect for my role, given that I'm the mod and know my own foibles best. Lots of things to play with, but most of them are only situationally useful. Writing on the Fourth Wall can potentially ruin one of the two destined scum, but the question asked has to be very precise.

Kill flavor: "Pulled into the dark, cold depths of space, never to be seen again"
(This was one of my first kill flavors when I started designing setups. I loved the idea of some ridiculously long official kill flavor.)

Spoiler: vollkan, as played by Plum
Vi wrote:
~Plum~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priestess of vollkan
DOMAINS:
Logic
Verbosity

ALIGNMENT:
Lawful Neutral
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
1) Points Justice - Target player. You will be told that it is possible for them to be scum.
2) Technical Correctness - Target player is immune to Roleblocks for the next two Nights.
3) Purge - Target player will be killed if they are Chaotic.

4) Elementary Motivation - You will discern the action target player took this Night as well as who (if anyone) they targeted.
4) Purge - Target player will be killed if they are Chaotic.

5) Crushing Grip of Logic - You will discern everyone target player has targeted.

If the Town can get it, Crushing Grip of Logic is totally worth the price of admission. Beyond that, there's not much to see. Elementary Motivation might be overcosted, but it's also very good lategame...

Points Justice is pretty much what you get when there is no such thing as a Town-tell. :P

Kill flavor: "Pressed flat"
(It's a pun on "press". )

Spoiler: Xylthixlm, as played by AlmasterGM
Vi wrote:
~AlmasterGM~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of Xylthixlm
DOMAINS:
Justice
Whimsy

ALIGNMENT:
Lawful Neutral
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Active)
Policy Lynch
- You may only use this Night 0. Target player will not end the Day if lynched Day 1.
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
2) XylBot Registry - You will discern target player's Role, Domains, and Alignment.
4) Policy Lynch - Target player will not end the Day if lynched Tomorrow.
6) XylBot Database - You will discern target player's Casts (both name and effect).
7) Xyl's MetaMafia Bastard Chaos - Target player will receive 10 Faith during the next Night. You may not Cast again until you receive 10 Faith over as many Nights as it takes to get it.

Confirm with your N0 action and your choice for
Policy Lynch
. I wish you the best of luck.

So, this role. First, to answer AlmasterGM's objection, the ability to use an action in addition to Policy Lynch was not standard and it probably should have been a one-or-the-other deal. However, I didn't intend for Policy Lynch to be optional :twisted: It worked as the icebreaker I wanted, just in a particularly brutal way that I didn't intend. I'm willing to take some of the blame for the heartache it caused.

In any event, this is another role with good Casts but exorbitant prices. XMBC looks nice but it's not going to happen.

XMBC is a take on Xyl's Anime Bastard Chaos. Contrary to popular belief, this game is not as complicated as that one. Xylbot is the IRC bot programmed by... well, guess.

Kill flavor: "Killed like a man"
(Yes, it's another reference to Mind Screw 3; this was the flavor of a kill Xyl gave out and still one of my favorite goofy kill flavors.)

Spoiler: Yosarian2, as played by Gammagooey
Vi wrote:
~Gammagooey~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of Yosarian2
DOMAINS:
Asceticism
Logic

ALIGNMENT:
Lawful Evil
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Passive)
Ho-Ho-Ho
- You investigate as Guilty to Allegiance investigations.
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
2) Agreeability - The domain "Yosarian2" (which powers only you) will be added to the list of domains available for worship each Night.
2) Nuke All Lurkers - The player who has posted the fewest number of times relative to the time they have spent in the game will be killed. If there is a tie, you may choose which one dies.

3) (shrug) - For the rest of the game, you cannot be Roleblocked.
3) You've Got to Lynch the Lurker! - The player who has posted the fewest number of times relative to the time they have spent in the game will not end the Day if they are lynched during the next Day.
4) Nuke All Lurkers - The player who has posted the fewest number of times relative to the time they have spent in the game will be killed. If there is a tie, you may choose which one dies.

5) Invoke Follow the Cop - You will discern target player's allegiance.

The big items are obviously (shrug) and (for Town) Invoke Follow the Cop. Being able to put out his own Domain might help him get that Faith he needs to play Cop... Of course, he needs to be trusted before people will worship his own private Domain.

Kill flavor: "Could have died any number of ways"
(Yos2 is nothing if not inscrutable ingame. *shrug*)

Spoiler: Ythill, as played by Debonair Danny DiPietro
Vi wrote:
~Debonair Danny DiPietro~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest of Ythill
DOMAINS:
Justice
Syncretism

ALIGNMENT:
Neutral Good
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
1) Peacemaker (not THAT kind of Peacemaker) - Target player will be Neighborized with you during the next Night.
1) Daywig - Target player's flip will be delayed until after the next Night (should they be rendered dead before then). This effect will begin at the beginning of the next Day.
2) Nightwig - Target player's flip will be delayed until after the next Night (should they be rendered dead before then).
3) Werebeer - Target player will be immune to all kills made against them during this Night, but any action they may have taken will be blocked.
3) Open The Rum - At the end of the next Day, you may choose to cause the lynch to fail in by posting "Open the rum". (In other words, you will become a Governor.)

4) Open The Rum - At the end of the next Day, you may choose to cause the lynch to fail in Twilight by posting "Open the rum". (In other words, you will become a Governor.)

6) Harmony (Harmony OH LOVE) - Make a list of players, provided it does not constitute half or more of the living player list. Any kills they make Tonight will be blocked.

Confirm by sending your N0 Worship choice in. I wish you the best of luck.

Four Faith might be quite a bit much for the chance to stop a single lynch and put a target on your own back, so the scum version of this role is only good for delaying flips. The Town version isn't much better. Sorry Ythill, but we need Worshippers too :(

Daywig, Nightwig, and Werebeer are all references to Of Rogues and Curses (okay, I might have made Daywig and Nightwig up). "Open the rum" is a reference to Scum O' The Sea, where it actually allowed the Day to end without a lynch (and thus the SK to win 3P LyLo by default). You can definitely leave it to Fabio to design fascinating setups. Harmony Harmony OH LOVE has absolutely nothing to do with Ythill's games (but does have to do with one of Percy's...).

Kill flavor: "Fell mysteriously ill"
(This is a reference to the flu-NKs in Of Rogues and Curses.)

Spoiler: Zorblag, as played by sottyrulez
Vi wrote:
~sottyrulez~

GAME:
Mafia MetaMafia
ROLE:
High Priest/ess of Zorblag
DOMAINS:
Asceticism
Austerity

ALIGNMENT:
Lawful Evil
ALLEGIANCE:
TOWN

FACTION:
[REDACTED]

--Abilities:
(Passive)
Trollspeak
- You will investigate as Mafia to Allegiance investigations, and return No Result on all other investigations. You cannot be Neighborized.
(Worship)
Worship
(Cast)
Cast

--Casts:
1) Keen Eye - You will learn who or what target player targeted Tonight.
3) Guiding Plan - You will give target player 3 Faith during the next Night.
4) Mass Order - You will learn all players who were targeted Tonight.
4) Direct Minions - All players who gave you Faith will Tonight will be forced to Worship target domain during the next Night.

The Casts are good; the costs are not. Troll could go either way between Worshipping and Casting...

This role is based on the idea that I swear Troll can go into the cult leading business. His words make no sense until he uses them to convince people not to lynch him.

Kill Flavor: "Found half-missing"
(The other half was eaten.)
Last edited by Vi on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2257 (isolation #45) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Vi »

Night actions...

Spoiler: Night 0
hitogoroshi chooses to be Neutral Good.
AlmasterGM chooses mothrax for Policy Lynch.

hitogoroshi - Worship Logic
singersigner - Worship Whimsy

Faraday - No Action
Parama - No Action
quadz08 - No Action

AlmasterGM - Worship Fervor
DDD - Worship Syncretism
Gammagooey - Worship Austerity
Katsuki - Worship Concision
Moai - Worship Balance
Magua - Worship Whimsy
mothrax - Worship Justice
Plum - Worship Asceticism
sottyrulez - Worship Austerity
VasudeVa - Worship Solism
VP Baltar - Worship Will

Duplicity - No Action
Equinox - No Action
Nicki Minaj - No Action
Nobody Special - No Action
ooba - No Action
RayFrost - No Action
Seraphim - No Action

Spoiler: Night 1
Asceticism - 1
Austerity - 2
Balance - 1
Concision - 1
Fervor - 1
Justice - 1
Logic - 1
Solism - 1
Syncretism - 1
Verbosity - 0
Whimsy - 2
Will - 1

Nuke All Lurkers: ooba
Wagonalysis Scumputer: VP Baltar
Meta Break: All players with 3 Faith
Some Thoughts on Looking Town: Gammagooey, RayFrost, singersigner, Duplicity, ooba
Quantitative Scumhunting: Equinox, AlmasterGM

Parama (2) - Polymorph: Solism -> Justice
Faraday (-2, 2 RAGE) - KILL Nicki Minaj
quadz08 (3) - Criminal Mastermind (daytalk for Day 2)

hitogoroshi (0) - Worship: Justice
singersigner (2) - Worship: Justice

Duplicity (2) - Quantitative Scumhunting -> Kill Equinox
Equinox (2) - Outguess Mod (kill flavors were 100% indicative of killing role)
Nicki Minaj (3) - Writing on the Fourth Wall (no result due to death)
Seraphim (3) - Some Thoughts on Looking Town -> Kill Duplicity
VP Baltar (2) - Cruel Rampage 50%

AlmasterGM (3x) - Worship: Fervor
DDD (2x) - Worship: Justice
Gammagooey (2x) - Worship: Logic
Demonic Angel (2x) - Worship: Asceticism
Moai (3x) - Worship: Balance
Magua (3x) - Worship: Whimsy
ooba (2) - Worship: Balance
Plum (1x) - Worship: Logic
RayFrost (2) - Worship: Syncretism
sottyrulez (3x) - Worship: Asceticism

Nobody Special (2x) - No Action
VasudeVa (1x) - No Action

Spoiler: Night 2
Asceticism - 2
Austerity - 0
Balance - 2
Concision - 0
Fervor - 1
Justice - 3
Logic - 2
Solism - 0
Syncretism - 1
Verbosity - 0
Whimsy - 1
Will - 0

Nuke All Lurkers - Nobody Special
Wagonalysis Scumputer - DDD
Meta Break - Parama, ooba, VP Baltar
Some Thoughts on Looking Town - Gammagooey, RayFrost, singersigner, ooba
Quantitative Scumhunting - Parama, AlmasterGM

Parama (5) - Xenoformshift singersigner's second Domain (Will) to Justice
Faraday (-2, 4 RAGE) - KILL Gammagooey

hitogoroshi (0) - Worship: Justice
singersigner (1) - Worship: Justice

AlmasterGM (4) - Policy Lynch: hitogoroshi
Gammagooey (4) - (shrug)
Demonic Angel (2) - Blunt (Roleblock) MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion (2) - Moderation (fails since Roleblocked)
Magua (2) - WOOOSH (Track) VP Baltar -> Sees VP Baltar targeting hitogoroshi
ooba (5) - Mass Grant Minor Power Role -> Tracker to Seraphim; Tracker to Parama
Plum (2) - Technical Correctness (2-Night Untargetable-maker) ooba
RayFrost (4) - Zeusbolt dramonic
Seraphim (2) - Some Thoughts on Looking Town -> Kill singersigner
sottyrulez (2) - Keen Eye (Track) singersigner
VP Baltar (5) - Way of the Rampage (Kill) hitogoroshi

DDD (4) - Worship: Justice
dramonic (0) - Worship: Fervor

Nobody Special (0) - No Action

Spoiler: Night 3
Fervor - 1
Justice - 3
All others - 0

Nuke All Lurkers - Nobody Special
Meta Break - All players with 3 Faith
Some Thoughts on Looking Town - Magua, sottyrulez
Quantitative Scumhunting - sottyrulez
Death Note targets: VP Baltar

Parama (3) - Death Note: VP Baltar
Faraday (0, 4 RAGE) - KILL Magua

ooba (3) - Grant Tracker: AlmasterGM
Seraphim (0) - Track: VP Baltar -> VP Baltar went nowhere
VP Baltar (0) - Cruel Rampage 50%

AlmasterGM (3) - Worship: Justice
DDD (3) - Worship: Justice
Demonic Angel (0) - Worship: Justice
Magua (1) - Worship: Justice
Nobody Special (0) - Worship: Justice
Plum (0) - Worship: Balance
RayFrost (3) - Worship: Justice
sottyrulez (0) - Worship: Will

Spoiler: Night 4
Balance - 1
Justice - 6
Will - 1 (no one with Will is alive)
All others - 0

Nuke All Lurkers - DDD
Meta Break - ooba
Some Thoughts on Looking Town - sottyrulez
Quantitative Scumhunting - sottyrulez, ooba
Death Note targets: Everyone

Parama (6) - Death Note: ooba
Faraday (-1, 5 RAGE) - KILL: AlmasterGM (kill was blocked by Debonair Danny DiPietro)

AlmasterGM (6) - Track: Seraphim -> Seraphim targeted Faraday
Debonair Danny DiPietro (6) - Harmony Harmony OH LOVE (Killblock) AlmasterGM, Demonic Angel, Faraday, sottyrulez
ooba (7) - Grant Vig: Plum
RayFrost (6) - Inhabit One Ring: AlmasterGM
Seraphim (0) - Track: Faraday -> Faraday visited no one

Plum (0) - Worship: Justice
sottyrulez (0) - Worship: Justice

Demonic Angel (0) - No Action

Spoiler: Night 5
Justice - 2
All others - 0

Nuke All Lurkers - DDD
Meta Break - All players with 2 Faith
Quantitative Scumhunting - sottyrulez, Parama

Parama (2) - KILL AlmasterGM
Faraday (0, 7 RAGE) - Site Maintenance (investigate QuickTopics): sottyrulez -> sottyrulez has no QuickTopics
(should have been No Result)

AlmasterGM (2) - Track: DDD (no result due to death)
Plum (0) - Vig: DDD

DDD (2) - Worship: Justice
RayFrost (2) - Worship: Justice
Seraphim (0) - Worship: Justice
sottyrulez (0) - Worship: Austerity

Spoiler: Night 6
Justice - 3 (no one with Justice is alive)
Austerity - 1
All others - 0

Nuke All Lurkers - Plum
Wagonalysis Scumputer - Faraday
Meta Break - Seraphim, sottyrulez
Quantitative Scumhunting - Seraphim, sottyrulez

Faraday - KILL Plum

Plum - VIG Seraphim
Seraphim -
sottyrulez - Keen Eye (Track) Seraphim -> answer irrelevant

With 2 alive Day 7 ends in No Lynch.
Faraday kills sottyrulez Night 7 and is the only person alive, thus fulfilling his Win Condition.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2269 (isolation #46) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Vi »

Mod commentary is going to be done on the quick tonight because I should have been asleep two hours ago.

This was definitely a novelty setup, and I hope everyone had as much fun playing the game as I had designing it. If you're upset that your likeness didn't show up in the game, it's nothing personal - I basically picked the first twenty-two people I thought of that I could write a role for. (Tarhalindur was number ten, to give you an idea of my priorities.)

I'd like to apologize again for the sottyrulez-Faraday error. I don't know what my problem has been recently, but I've been tripping over myself modding this game for the last week or so. In any event, this game probably stretched the bounds of what I felt comfortable modding - while the details like alignment and various passive millernesses were fun to throw in, it made the game that much harder to keep track of. Even though there were usually only a few actions per Night, making sure they were all resolved correctly was not necessarily easy.

If it were not for Death Note, the scum team would have been painfully underpowered in this setup. I'm surprised after Parama claimed Death Note that nobody bothered to notice that Faraday was right there asking for ability names, but hindsight, etc.

The kill flavor idea was something I wanted to try. I should have known better than to expect people to think like me and speculate on who would have made such kills (accurately) but it was a fun addition to the setup concept anyway.

Faraday really did quite the job with this. I thought it was over for him when he claimed to be blocked the Night DDD stopped him from making kills. In addition, had the kills fallen more or less any other way during the last Night, the best Faraday would have been able to hope for was a draw - Plum vs. Faraday would have resulted in scorched earth.

I feel like there's something big I'm forgetting, and I don't sense it's a good thing. With any luck it's sleep. I'll add more tomorrow.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2274 (isolation #47) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by Vi »

Oh right. In case you're
reviewing
wondering, the setup reviewers were Empking, UncertainKitten, Yosarian2, SpyreX, Andrius, and Iecerint. Only the last two didn't show up in the game. You can understand that I was under "pressure" to make sure the game didn't have any defamation of character in it.

Edit: Sleeeeeeeeeep.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2278 (isolation #48) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Vi »

Tiger MetaTiger Tiger Tigerchat
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2309 (isolation #49) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Post by Vi »

Parama wrote:
Vi wrote:
---The Domain of Dom is in mourning...
Just wondering... what was this about?
I'll give you a hint. It came just below The Domain of Will being removed from the game.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2339 (isolation #50) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Vi »

ooba wrote:
N1 wrote:Nuke All Lurkers: ooba
Shocked that I was the target for this. This seems like a disadvantage for those who make big posts instead of shorter ones. I certainly did not lurk D1 ..
The statistical kills were meant to represent iconic methods of scumhunting. Nobody said they had to
work
or be
fair
or anything.

A theme completely based on these statistical kills would probably be hilarious. (The problem Seraphim had with trying to line up his kill targets would come back in full force - if a bunch of people have contradictory kill targets, eventually it'll come down to whether you accept the kill that's available or not.)

Faraday wrote:Vi you should run a sequel eventually! this is one of the best games i've played, the set-up was cool and the role pm's hilarious too.
I'm a little ahead of you.~ Finding another batch of scummers to stylize may be a little difficult, but I can give it a try.~

Seraphim wrote:I think a variant using Mod Meta rather than Player Meta would be rather exciting.
:?

This board needs to allow me to resize emotes so I can make that :? bigger. That's just ASKING for trouble. ...although I can certainly work that into the next game's roles more than I did in this game.

---

In case you're wondering, this is why I have a hard time finding backup mods. :P Notice that there are three sheets attached.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2344 (isolation #51) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Vi »

Andrius wrote:I'd be down to help with that
but no, Vi, you can't be in the freaking game
A Vi role about Vi modding in a Vi game sounds like potential for borderline recursive abilities. I can feel my mind pretzeling now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2347 (isolation #52) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Vi »

Page 1 is keeping track of the actions.
Page 2 is a vote count for Wagonalysis Scumputer and Some Thoughts on Looking Town.
Page 3 is a post count for Nuke All Lurkers and Quantitative Scumhunting.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2356 (isolation #53) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Vi »

Oh right, I forgot to mention.

I'm surprised nobody made the "Tarhalindur in game" -> "Suicided kill flavor" -> "Death Note" connection. I guess all the Mind Screw players were dead by then? I'm pretty sure only one person ever used "Suicided" as a kill flavor, and only for one reason...

(I was disappointed when Parama flipped scum, SK is my favorite role after all).
I'm tempted to say "you've been SK often enough", but let's double-check.
*Not a player in the game (hallucination) - Maf. Jailbreak
*Cult - Maf. ViPod
*Third Party nonkilling faction - BoTaM
*Mafia Traitor/Troll - Maf. of Order
*Town - Maf. Reverb
*Mafia - Pledge of Allegiance
Town
OMG UNICORN - Maf./11th Hour
*Dark God of Torment and Misery - MoHO
*Serial Killer - MoCO
*Serial Killer - Maf. Holographica
Mafia
OMG TIGER - Maf. MetaMafia

I guess not.~

MetaMafia II: Tarhalindur vs. Vi. Comodded by... Tarhalindur and Vi.
I feel volunteered. :? Not that I'm refusing.~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2365 (isolation #54) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Vi »

Fate wrote:Second, I didn't post outside of the hydra once the whole game,
Not actually true, but not worth arguing.

I'll be blunt. I find you irresponsible, irrepressible, obnoxious, and a legitimate threat to Town in any game you're in. You can bring up Nobody Special and mothrax, but they didn't cost the Town two mislynches to make the Tiger win remotely feasible.

That's my issue with you. As for blacklisting, I haven't made a decision and probably won't. In the end, I'm not the one playing the game, so etc.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2367 (isolation #55) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Vi »

Fate 2366 wrote:Your opinion of me is what it is, but I hope you can see that it is incomplete and not well thought out given what your peers think of me (your co/back-up mods in particular), and maybe realize you've been too quick and harsh a judgement of character.
It's entirely possible. As long as you don't actively frustrate me I'll probably fmostly forget about it after some time.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2383 (isolation #56) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:52 pm

Post by Vi »

quadz08 wrote:Dear god, will MoI and Fate shut up? You both have egos the size of planets.
I'm tempted to rig up a mock photo of space from a satellite detailing as such.

Vi, what games are next on your modding horizon?
Well...
(Next) Mafia for a Lost Generation: Mafia Invictus - It's a modular game, and probably the most... predictable game I've run in quite a while, for a change of pace.
(2nd) Mafia for a Lost Generation II: Mafia UShouldn'tPick (tentative) - Another game, another new mechanic. To keep it interesting, I've recruited AlmasterGM to help turn it into a UPick (theme is tentatively "things that should NEVER be adapted to Mafia roles", although this will probably change as I suspect 60% of the site's population will turn it into a dirty sex theme).
(Afterward...?)
*Temporal Horror Mafia - My very first attempt at a Large Theme... now with 60% fewer obvious balance problems. Would you believe Chrono Trigger + Arkham Horror?
*Sun Sky Mafia - Another mystery theme game with potential to bait a Scummy.
*Holy Orders 3, MetaMafia 2, Vi+Tarhalindur, etc. etc. So many ideas, so few actually finished.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2385 (isolation #57) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:18 am

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:
[(2nd) Mafia for a Lost Generation II: Mafia UShouldn'tPick (tentative) - Another game, another new mechanic. To keep it interesting, I've recruited AlmasterGM to help turn it into a UPick (theme is tentatively "things that should NEVER be adapted to Mafia roles", although this will probably change as I suspect 60% of the site's population will turn it into a dirty sex theme).
(Afterward...?)
this...could be interesting.
It could be eye-opening :?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2388 (isolation #58) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Vi »

ooba wrote:Haven't played the board game
Neither have I :?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”