Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vote: Wacky.
For being the only player here with a join date before mine.
What's your experience, Wacky?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Nikanor »

Everyone who doesn't have an avatar, could you please get one?
Jasper, do you have any particular objection to the RVS? Do you plan on doing anything useful while the rest of us continue with the RVS?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Nikanor »

Jasper wrote:Who says I am objecting to the RVS?
I didn't say you were, I asked if you did have an objection.
Jasper, how would you describe the archetypical scum?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Nikanor »

Like this, fifi:

Code: Select all

[b]Vote: Jasper.[/b]
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Nikanor »

You seriously expect Jasper to provide examples? That's insane.
DTM, why did you decide to vote jbn after giving Jasper the red flag?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Oh, I saw bold and assumed vote. Fine then, have it your way. :x

Airlock: jbnernier93.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Yes, I maintain a wiki. However, I doubt Jasper maintains a wiki for the account on whatever other site he may come from.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Nikanor »

DTM wrote:If you ref
e
rence something, and someone requests it, I expect that you are able to support this.
a) Is English your first language? :P
b) I agree that fifi should reference the game to which he's referring, since he could easily be making things up, but expecting Jasper to reference something that should be common knowledge to both you and I (that scum comes in all forms and playstyles) is ridiculous. I feel like you're trying to set Jasper up to be lynched when he eventually says, 'Okay, I can't find the games.'
DTM wrote:Lets do this. I expect that this early in the game these are going to be good reasons.
Au contraire. I most often see the 'Vote: Person, reasons to come later,' used by scum to drive a wagon that has no reason while making it look like he does have a reason.
Echo wrote:By unvoting aren't you drawing even more attention?
What does this have to do with anything?
jbernier wrote:fifi's backing off almost immediately after being questioned raises more of a red flag.
McZombie wrote:@fifi
It just seems a bit suspicious to unvote after you were promted about it.
McZ, that's just a regurgitation of what jbernier said. The fact that you voted for fifi for a point that jbernier made while trying to take credit for that point is scummy.
Unvote. Vote: McZombie.

DTM, why are you trying to kill McZombie?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Nikanor »

McZ wrote:I know i said a similar thing to what jbernier said but I was just stating my opinion on what I thought of it. And I wasn't trying to take credit for what he said, if that's what it looked like, I was just putting what i thought about it out there and i, myself, thought it was suspisous so that's why i placed my vote on him.
Well, you can say that, but that doesn't mean I'll believe you. However, you do seem genuine. Not that it makes up for what you posted next:
McZ wrote:Why will reasons come later? Why can't you just state them now? That is if you actaully have reasons right now. I would like to know why you placed this vote and why you decided not to give the reasons out.
I just said that. Please come up with your own material.

*Waves at jason.* Hi!
DTM wrote:2. I too has seen scum do that, but I also seen cops do that too. If this guy is willing to run another person up to L-1, then I would like to see his reaction on it. Will you assist me on this?
A cop on day one? Cops are overpowered enough; day cops don't belong in mini normals.
DTM wrote:3. Because I want to fire off my gun, but my gun seems to be jammed. You're voting McZ, you should be rejoicing that I'm trying to kill her since you are voting her.
I was trying to discern whether you were joking or actually suspicious of her. Things like
Kill: person
are dangerous because if you're scum, you can go back and say either that you were suspicious of that person because you tried to kill them, or that you weren't suspicious of that person and were only joking with the kill thing, depending on the flip of that person. It would also be a good way for scum to distance without having to worry about accidentally building a wagon on their buddy.
DTM wrote:EDIT: Acutally her recent post is fishy. I'm recalling Battle Mage mafia where a cop did this.
How was what she said any different from what I said?
Seven wrote:Sorry, haven't gotten the chance to get online for a bit. Will read up and post ASAP. FoS: whoever confirmed right before I did.
Uhm. Please do something useful.
DTM wrote:Pre-Jee Explaination: it could have been role information, like a day cop. Hence why I referenced Battle Mage mafia where a player named Charter did the same thing. He was a day cop and nailed scum 2 days in a row.
He was also paranoid and lucky that he targeted scum, but yeah. Although I still think that day cops shouldn't be in mini normals.
DTM wrote:Hence potential role fishing. It would have made more sense to L-1 the guy to gauge Jee's reaction to it. If he was complacent and let a hammer fall, it would look poorly upon his part.
Again, why didn't you say this to me? What's different between what I said and what McZombie said?
Wacky wrote:....what did I say about wishy-washy voting.....
You sound like my mother. 'Don't forget to put the cap back on the paste when you're done eating so it doesn't dry out!'
Wacky wrote:And isn't it a little early to be lurker hunting? Watch out for jbernier, he suspects you even before you've even read the thread. Is it that games have increased in pace since I last played? It used to be that we'd get worried when someone doesn't post in a week.
No, it's still that way for most people. I don't know why jbernier is lurker hunting.
jason wrote:jbernier93, could you please get an avatar? it helps people relate and identify to you easier.
Agreed. It doesn't have to fit your username, just something that describes your personality maybe?
jason wrote:Interesting... any reasons so far as to why? maybe I will get my answer on the next page...
I was playing along with the joke. Aboard the Galactica, we shoot toasters out of our airlock.
jason wrote:My goodness, Jasper... I have just realized who you are LOL
Do you guys know each other from that other site you play on, jason?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Nikanor »

Damn it jason,
I
wanted the biggest wall of text on this page! :P
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Sorry guys, I'm totally busy this weekend and won't be able to post until Sunday, but expect a super wall of text when I get back, 'kay? :)
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:07 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Echo wrote:Also, he's contradicted himself when he says in (76) that he has to do the "kills/bombs/grenade thing" while in (95) he only says his "kills" are necessary.
By 'kill' he obviously means all those things. I'm pretty sure throwing a bomb/grenade at a person would kill them, after all. This tastes like misrepresentation.
Seven wrote:
Nik wrote:Jasper, how would you describe the archetypical scum?
Does this qualify as a loaded question? Maybe I'm pushing the def a little but I don't like this very much.
No, it's not a loaded question. If he were to answer in a way that fit his playstyle, I'd be suspicious. Of course, only a complete moron would fall for this, but I don't know Jasper so I wasn't willing to discount the possibility.

DTM, I find it hilarious that you attack Jasper for not giving links to experience after I said that it would be scummy to attack Jasper for not giving links to experience. Not giving links to something that should be common knowledge to most Mafia players is not scummy. However, by not providing evidence to something he is making himself an easy target, as not providing evidence to something can easily be painted as scummy by scum. The key point here is that Jasper not providing evidence for his experience with different types of scum playstyles is not scummy, but that you're trying to make it look scummy, which is scummy. I'm not sure if I'm expressing my thoughts as clearly as I can, here. Ask for clarification if you need it, I guess.
fifi wrote:That is true. Still, i find his a bad wagon, that's all. i don't have a feeling wi gonna see DTM flip scum, but hey.. lets hope he will. If he actually gets lynched
Sounds like someone has inside information.
fifi wrote:I am so tempted in hammering DTM, but not after seing who put him at L-1
You want to hammer him despite thinking his actions are 100% townie?
DTM wrote: Saying that my vote is odd, is just minor details. What does it tell you himmm? Why does my misplaced vote make me scummy? You are dishing out empty air right now.
I'll let Zach answer this, but ftr, I think it should be obvious.
DTM wrote:Ok fine! I admit it! I was lying on purpose with the kills to generate discussion in the town. Sheeesssh. It's quite evident that since there was no kills that I wasn't able to kill.
You were lying and trying to create discussion, eh? I don't buy it. If any player could act scummy all day then attribute his scummy actions to 'wanting to create discussion,' we'd never lynch scum.
DTM wrote:I meant in this kind of list:

Town

Scum

Where Jasper is on the bottom for being scum. I was remembering my first game with spinach who posted these lists.
But in that game, Spinach did lists with scum at the top, so I don't know how you got a list with scum at the bottom. You're just making stuff up to cover your ass, now.
DTM wrote:2. Not citing experience upon request is scummy because you are refusing to answer a request. It's just as bad as not answering questions. But having Nikanor and you Jason defend on the behalf of Jasper is extremely scummy.
No, it is not scummy. He refused to answer the question because he shouldn't have to provide evidence for something that should be obvious.
Let's do it this way:
DTMaster, do you think that all scum act the same way, or that scum act in a spectrum of ways?
DTM wrote:Do a reread: At all times Nikanor and Jason jump in to defend Jasper for the link issue. But Jasper just echos the: OMG WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME ARGUMENT DIE SCUM DIE!
That's because you're making an unreasonable attack on him! Do you expect me to sit back and observe as you, the scum, make a completely unreasonable demand of someone and then call the person scummy when they're unable/unwilling to meet your demands? No. In no way does refusing to answer your question make Jasper scum, and you're a scumbag for trying to call him scummy for it.
Now kindly die.
Unvote. Vote: DTMaster.

That's not nearly as long a post as I hoped to be able to make tonight.
I'm going to steal something I saw waaaaay back on page five or so and do a list of my current FoSs:
-Echo for reasons stated above.
-fifi for reasons stated above.
-DTMaster is obviously scum and needs to die, so he gets an FoS on top of his vote.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Regfan wrote:Nikanor seems to be hanging back a bit, not as aggressive as other players. I don't think that personally is scummy or a town tell either, but I'd like to see more of his thoughts on who he believes to be town.
I've been 'hanging back' because I've been busy for the past couple days. I was actively scumhunting before my busy streak, and I plan to resume my scumhunting now that I'm not so busy any more. I explained this already.
Regfan wrote:The order of scum being top or bottom really means nothing, it's just a scale where you can order your thoughts on everyone. I think this is just Nik trying to 'create' reasons to push this DT lynch even further and thus makes me suspect him.
jason asked DTM why he put Jasper at the bottom of his list. DTM said that he put Jasper at the bottom because was remembering the scum lists that Spinach wrote, where scum was at the bottom. Since Spinach didn't do that, DTM is lying. That's what I got from what DTM said, anyway.
DTM wrote:1.
A.
Yes. But have you looked at the people who are on the DTM wagon. Out of everyone here: the only one who doesn't even give off a protown wagon approach is Jasper. Jason jumped on my case well after he should have and brought up points that just parrot the one you did.

B.
The Jasper with Jason and Nikanor defence is just one big echoing of the same argument. Again: why are you answering for him
A. Including fifi? Anyway, I'm not looking at your wagoners until we know your alignment for sure.
B. I never answered for Jasper. Never. I defended him from your unfair questioning because I had a suspicion that you'd attack him for something that wasn't scummy (not providing links to experience of something that is common knowledge), which you did.
DTM wrote:2. I was envisioning scum at the bottom. If you put in the correction: my post makes much more sense. Why are you saying that my correction to my post -> Jasper is scummy -> which defines my number one scum pick -> is covering my ass? HMMMM? I clearly outlined who I think is town and scum and you still think I'm covering my ass with vauge details?
I think you tried to reasonlessly change your mind on something, got called on it, and are now covering your ass, yes.
DTM wrote:Iffy and Seven are more guilty of this then anything.
Where, specifically? You have piqued my interest with this.
DTM wrote:3. You are Wacky 2.0. read above. Read Jasper's posts. I asked for a meta refrence. Jasper refused. Jason gave the refrence Like, oh my god. I asked for a fucking meta refrence and you and Jasper are blowing this up as:

OMG THIS GUY IS SCUMMY FOR ASKING FOR METAS KILL HIM NOW BECAUSE REFRENCING TO YOUR GAMES IS SCUMMY.
No. You're scum for trying to make Jasper look scummy for not providing links to experience when that is in fact not scummy at all. Tell me what possible motivation scum would have as opposed to town for not giving the references and I will drop this.
DTM wrote:2. Nikanor: Let Jasper talk in his defence. You and Jason are talking on his behalf for his defence and Jasper has done nothing to add on to it. It looks like he is hiding behind his buddies: Jason and Nikanor
Again, I've only ever defended Jasper for the reference thing. Don't try to make it look like I've leaped to Jasper's aid every time he gets attacked, because that's not what is happening.
Regfan wrote:About DT's claim, I don't think he would attempt to make something like that up as mafia
WIFOM.
Regfan wrote:I would much rather vote out McZombie.
Then why aren't you voting McZombie? You're caught up. Hesitance is scummy.

Hey fifi, can you change your signature to something less space-consuming? Thanks.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:50 am

Post by Nikanor »

camn wrote:@ Nikanor
Your first post bothers me. A lot.
Please explain everything that you did to prepare for that post. Research, meta.. everything. Don't lie or I'll know.
When I signed up for this game, I noticed the large number of newbies also signed up. I even went so far as to count them: 7 newbie players compared to 5 'experienced' players. I found it interesting that despite not even being here a year, I was the second oldest member here.
Now that I've answered, mind telling me the point of asking this question? Of all the things to point out from day one, why this?

I can agree with your fifi vote, though. I don't know how anyone without inside information could think of DTM as town.
Vote: The1fifi.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Nikanor »

Join date, mostly. I think this is the way I counted it when I entered this game:

Wacky - Experienced
jbernier93 - New
Echo - Experienced
Seven - New
Neon_Appliances - New
Nikanor - Experienced
McZombie - Experienced
Jasper - New
The1fifi - New
inverno - New
DTMaster - Experienced
jee - New
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Nikanor »

Looking back, I probably counted jee as experienced and McZombie as new. I think I switched McZ and jee up because I didn't recognize jee, whereas McZombie is my sister.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Nikanor »

Starting here, with Wacky's signup.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Nikanor »

camn wrote:After that, when did you notice the people who /inned after you?
Did you monitor the thread and look at everyone else's join date?
Or did you check the thread AFTER you got your PM that the game was starting?
Or did you meta eveyone in the game during confirmations?
Story time!
DTM and I wanted to play in a game together. However, I didn't want to play in yet another open game, and the mini normal game that was in signups had a lot of newbies in it (I always scan the playerlist of games before I decide to in, just in case someone I don't like is signed up). I even said to him that it was roughly equivalent to a large newbie game with this many newbies in it. After consulting with DTM, we decided to /in anyway, because, to quote DTM, 'More newbs makes for an easier win, lol.'

Also, DTM is my friend irl. I may not have mentioned that earlier ITT, so I'm just making sure that's clear.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Nikanor »

camn wrote:To answer your question, I sensed something. You seemed to have researched the whole player-lists join dates... which happens to be a common scum-tactic among newbie scum-groups. They try to ID the most experienced townies, and kill them off.
Similarly, there is no really good TOWN reason to do that kind of meta on people. . . since it will be revealed once they all post.

Given that you had a relatively early post, it seemed like you went out of your way to examine who had joined up when. . . which would be a stong tell to me......thus this seemed suspect.
That makes sense. After reading the thread, who are your suspects (other than fifi)?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Nikanor »

camn wrote:Sadly, Regfan was also on my list of suspects!
Why's that? I was suspicious of him as well, but I want to know why you suspected him.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Nikanor »

camn wrote:Why did YOU suspect him?
Regfan hesitated in voting for someone he found suspicious (McZombie). That's a major scumtell in my books. I guess my books were wrong this time, though. :/
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (isolation #21) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:54 am

Post by Nikanor »

fifi wrote:2nd : When i reveal that jasper has a gun and i vote him, you vote me and cast suspicion over myself, quickly agreing with cam.
I haven't posted since you claimed Gunsmith.

Jasper, what are you claiming? What's your role name? Do you know the site meta for millers?

Unvote.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:03 am

Post by Nikanor »

Gunsmith does exist, McZombie. Read Wacky's latest post to get a link to the Gunsmith article in the wiki.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (isolation #23) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Nikanor »

@Jasper: Claim your role name or die. Stop dodging the issue of your role. Are you a one-shot vigilante? Are you a zero-shot vigilante (gun miller)? If you had/have shots, who did you shoot last night? Why?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (isolation #24) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Why were you suspicious of Regfan?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Jasper wrote:His top 3 were McZombie, you and me.
Did this contribute to your suspicion of him?
Jasper wrote:He had put in a few good posts, but he never really did much.
Why not kill Echo, then? I'd say Regfan did more than Echo, at least.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (isolation #26) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Jasper wrote:It was one of the factors...
How in the world is that suspicious?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Nikanor »

Howdy folks, I'm off to the mall to be a mall rat. I'll be able to catch up and make a post later tonight.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (isolation #28) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Post by Nikanor »

So, what I think of Jasper:
He's scummy. He beat around the bush before his fullclaim by saying things like, 'I USED to have bullets in my gun, but not any more,' which I would usually lynch someone for. However, one thing is keeping me from voting him:
Mod wrote:You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
This makes me think we do, in fact, have a vig present. For now I'm going to hold my vote, but Jasper, you need to stop lurking.

fifi is also scummy, but we can't lynch him because he's a cop, etc.

I agree with the Seven votes.

McZ can use some attention. Where have you gone?
Vote: McZombie.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (isolation #29) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:23 am

Post by Nikanor »

Wacky wrote:I'm not quite seeing how the town win condition implies the existence of a vig. It looks like standard boilerplate to me, and if anything, it implies the existence of third parties (i.e. SKs). Once again, that implicates Jasper (you'd need a lot of cross/failed kills)
Mod wrote:You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
I read it as, 'You win if you kill all the scum, unless the vig and scum crosskill each other in 2p.' Although I suppose she could have standardized the wincon to make sure we don't do this, because WIFOMing with the mod is bad, but I can't help myself. :x
fifi wrote:Nik, if jasper is lurking and you voted voted mcZ for similar reasons, why not vote jasper?
Because I gave reasons for not voting Jasper in my post. Did you even read it?
Jasper wrote:@Nik, I am lurking? Really? I have been pretty regularly posting when I am on here. So I don't see how I am lurking. I worked most of the afternoon and night yesterday.
I should say you haven't been posting enough. I am not satisfied with the content I'm seeing from you. It just feels thin. For example, in your most recent post you post two defensive statements, but don't make any accusations, and don't ask questions of other players. As far as I'm concerned, that's active lurking.
Wacky wrote:I was about ready to unvote you and move onto other things...?
Why?
Zach wrote:Don't like Nikanor's Zombie vote, as the reasoning for it applies to him pretty equally as well. He hasn't been much more active himself.
I kept my promise to 'post later tonight.' She didn't.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (isolation #30) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:20 am

Post by Nikanor »

McZombie STILL needs to post her thoughts on the Jasper vs. fifi situation.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (isolation #31) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:14 am

Post by Nikanor »

Why are we missing half our players?
Where is McZombie? Where is Seven? Zachrulez hasn't posted in two days.
Unvote. Vote: Seven.

There's your L-1, camn.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (isolation #32) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:15 am

Post by Nikanor »

Oh, I just got a text message from McZombie. Apparently she's lost her internet connection for the past little while, but will post soon (hopefully later today, if she can get to a working computer).
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (isolation #33) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Nikanor »

camn wrote:Seven did break his promise. Another in a long line of broken promises by men. :(
Hey, McZombie is female and SHE broke HER promise, too. Don't try to make us men look like the bad guys here. :P

Waiting on Seven~.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (isolation #34) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Holy fracking goofballs.
So many text walls. @_@
Unvote
while I read.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (isolation #35) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Seven wrote:My thoughts on DTM didn't change that much. I was pretty sure from the start that he was town, and at first I wasn't sure who could be scum just by looking at his wagon because of the way he was acting (it was somewhat suspicious).
You agree that DTM was acting suspicious, yet you were pretty sure from the start that he was town? How does that work out, exactly?
Seven wrote:Very likely scum if Jasper flips scum.
And if he flips town?

Seven, could you list your top three scumspects for me please?

I got distracted by a GD thread. I don't know why I bothered reading this at two in the morning; my mind is all cloudy with sleepiness. I'll post some more thoughts about your posts tomorrow, Seven.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (isolation #36) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Nikanor »

Sorry guys, I'm moving and haven't had the time to do a reread of the DTM lynch like I've been meaning to do.
I should be all settled down by Monday, but hopefully it won't take me that long to do a read-through. :?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (isolation #37) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:50 pm

Post by Nikanor »

First off I'd like to apologize for not being as active as I should be. I can certainly agree with what camn has been saying about apathy and a lack of scum suspects.
However, I am now officially moved into my new house! Right now I'm laying down on my mattress next to my unbuilt Ikea bedframe and ready to lynch some scum.

First, a couple things that drew my attention:
Seven wrote:So the way I see it, if we lynch Jasper we are eliminating a pretty big threat. If it turns out he was telling the truth at least we know we're not lynching a PR. My gut is just too strong on this one, and along with everything else it just makes sense.
A big threat? A threat to whom?
Zachrulez wrote:The interaction with Seven looks off because the tone of your post appears to be addressing someone you believe/know to be town. (And you're voting for him and claim you think he's scum.)
Very good. Jasper is probably scum. And if he's not, jason is scum for distancing himself from the lynch. jason has said that he doesn't think Jasper is scum, but doesn't push too hard against the lynch. That is a
huge
scumtell, and I'd be willing to lynch a person off that alone.

Now I see that it is 1.40am. I also see that Jasper has unvoted without replacing his vote on another person.
I'm going to hammer Jasper now, knowing that this post is totally inadequate for the amount of time that I've lost. I also hammer Jasper not for his recent actions, but entirely for the humming and hawing that he did before he claimed. No matter how many times I think back on it, all I can think is 'scum!'. The fact that he has given up doesn't do much for me either, but I tend to view it more as a nulltell.
I just want this game day to be over, and I feel that tomorrow is going to be a great day.
Vote: Jasper.

I'll reread the entire thread over the next couple of days. I believe that I'll get a heck of a lot more information knowing Jasper's alignment than not knowing, so I'll hold off on my wall post until tomorrow morning.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (isolation #38) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by Nikanor »

SORRY FOLKS! One sec, catching up then posting.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (isolation #39) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Post by Nikanor »

First thing is first: I'm just a plain ol' vanilla town member.

Now, vote analysis!
Day one final vote count wrote:
DTMaster
: (
Wacky
Jasper
Echo/camn
jasonT1981
McZombie/Incognito
Nikanor
jbernier93
)
The1fifi: (
Zachrulez
)
Regfan
The1fifi
)
Jasper
DTMaster
)
McZombie/Incognito: (
Regfan
)

Not Voting: (
Seven
)
Bold green is confirmed town, regular green is confirmed town from my point of view (i.e. Nikanor). Orange is for suspicious votes, blue is for good votes. fifi gets token blue for being probtown.
Wacky wrote:Are you, perhaps, scum, hoping something will stick, or at least distract everyone for a couple of Days by focusing all their attention on responding to you?

You are, aren't you? If not, would you mind then if I tried to start a bandwagon directing all the attention to you?
<snip>
Vote: DTMaster (Scumtell: Trying Too Hard)
This is Wacky's vote for DTM. Something about 'You are, aren't you,' just doesn't sit right with me. The first paragraph also requires a great leap of logic. It looks like reaching. I also find the fact that Wacky stayed on DTM for the entire day slightly suspicious; she doesn't look unsure enough.
I have Wacky as blue here because of her other posts. While her vote in itself isn't that good, the confirmvotes in particular give me a town vibe; I don't really see scum doing that to someone they know will flip town.
Echo wrote:From what I know (which isn't much) of a normal game and from what has been said in this thread, I think DTM's "role claim" is not terribly believable. Also, he's contradicted himself when he says in (76) that he has to do the "kills/bombs/grenade thing" while in (95) he only says his "kills" are necessary.

No one else is appearing too scummy to me yet. I was initially suspicious of Fifi for the quick unvote but the act of correcting Jason in that her vote wasn't random (68) gave me some town vibes, since that particular point was used as evidence against her already. I disapprove of the quick unvotes though.

For now,
Vote: DTM
This is poor justification for the third vote on a wagon. After missing almost a week of posts, Echo really has not much to say about anything except for the leading wagon at the time, who he promptly votes for. Opportunistic and scummy.
In regards to fifi, Wacky wrote:- Third vote on a bandwagon (see 4th vote count)
It is interesting to note that Wacky finds the third vote of fifi's scummy, but doesn't say a thing about Echo's vote, despite both votes being equally bad. This indicates a possible camn+Wacky link.
Echo wrote:I'm in the middle of a larger post, but I'm doing a full reread while writing it, so it might take some time.
This post never came.
The rest of Echo's posts are active lurking.

jason votes for DTM in his iso13. I like this vote because it looks well thought-out. Reading jason in iso, I see that jason is consistent with his stance on DTM, which I like. In iso25, jason re-addresses his thoughts on Regfan/jee, which shows more consistency (jason was voting for jee before he voted for DTM).
However, jason starts to actively lurk after he jumps on the DTM wagon, which is scummy. I have mixed feelings about jason's play on day one, but overall his vote strikes me as more townie than not.
McZombie wrote:<<Quotes Wacky's case on DTM>>
This just jumps out to me scum when it's laid out like this. And again so much has been said that I don't want to repeat anyone.
But this behaivor cannot go unnoticed and I feel like it's an appropriate move to move DTM up to L-1.
Opportunistic bandwagoning. L-1 votes should really have more reasoning to them than that. Not much else to say that hasn't been already said about McZ's play.
jbernier wrote:Yeah, so after think about it, this is a wagon I can get behind... his actions are totally illogical and scummy...
vote: DTMaster
This is jb's first vote on DTM. Awful. He also unvotes in his next post, which is not something I would expect of a person who finds another's posts 'totally illogical and scummy.'
jbernier wrote:So basically I wouldn't mind hammering DTM now, simply because his claim is just bizarre (esp. for a normal game) as is his play... so unless anyone has anything major to say re:today's lynch, I'll probably hammer soon...
Note the use of the word 'bizarre' and not 'scummy'. What's worse is that jb hammers in his next post. There are some token points about DTM in his hammer post, but nothing new. In the three posts between his unvote of DTM and hammer of DTM, jb provides no new content and just restates old points. These three posts also span five days, so he was lurking during that time, too. Scummy.

Seven gets the orange text for not voting because he doesn't vote for the entirety of day one, which I find mildly scummy. Most of his day one posts also strike me as those of an active lurker.

I'm going to post more stuff tomorrow. It's two in the morning and I want to sleep.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (isolation #40) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by Nikanor »

How the hell did I get three votes in one day? I HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED MY BLOODY ANALYSIS.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (isolation #41) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Since day two was a bit longer, I've prepared things a little differently:
Wacky's votes wrote:
McZombie/Incognito
Jasper
The McZombie vote was part of a gambit, which is a minor town-tell.
In iso27, Wacky does another of her confirmvotes. I still see the same thing as on day one. The fact that Wacky only makes one serious vote per day is really bothering me, though.
Seven's votes wrote:
jbernier
Jasper
Jasper
His first vote of the day is on jb, and is pretty weak. He states reasoning that can easily apply to Echo as well as jb. This vote strikes me as distancing, especially when in the next post Seven unvotes jb and states his suspicions as fifi, Jasper, and camn.
Seven wrote:I think our biggest threat is Jasper. We are pretty sure he has a gun, we don't know if he can use it again. We should lynch him today just to be safe. Once we find out what his role is, we'll know if we can trust fifi or not. So
This is his reasoning for voting Jasper. It looks like he's communicating to his scumbuddies more than anything, 'We know he has a gun, but we don't know if he can use it again, so we should lynch him just in case.'
Then Seven posts O.o posts. I like the reads there, but I won't really go in-depth. His Jasper vote after the walls is a lot better than the one before, too.
jbernier's votes wrote:
Seven
Jasper
The Seven vote is good. Good reasoning. Also the first vote on the Seven wagon. I would say that some of the sheep are more likely to be scum than jb.
The Jasper vote is weak and the third on the wagon.
jb wrote: I know this sounds like crap, but if I say anymore I worry that I would be helping the scum more than the town.
Now that everyone has claimed, can you elaborate?
McZ/Incog's votes wrote:
jbernier
fifi
jason
Oh hey, weak votes from McZombie. Big surprise. :roll:
The first two votes are from McZ.
I like Incog's first vote. I agree with what he says about jason. Good vote.

I'm really losing motivation here. I'm trying to stay unbiased but I know that there are probably two scum on my wagon now: camn and Incog. I don't know if I'll be home tomorrow night to finish my analysis, but if not I'll finish it the day after.
What I've done so far of the day two final vote count wrote:
Jasper
Wacky
Seven
jbernier93
The1fifi
Zachrulez
Nikanor
)
JasonT1981: (
Incognito
, Camn)
Camn: (jasonT1981)

Not Voting:
Jasper
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (isolation #42) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Nikanor »

WHY DID YOU GUYS HAMMER SEVEN? I still haven't finished my bloody analysis. :roll:

It was a fun game, everyone. I'll post more later tonight (maybe).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”